All in One - Milady

By pinkiestwin

Nneka has never been in love before, but everything changed on a trip to Spain. Now Nneka suddenly finds hers... More

Ch. 1: There was One
Ch. 2: Can We Eat
Ch. 3: Doctor Doctor
Ch 4: Laughing Gas
Ch.5 Sweets
CH. 6: Halo's
Ch.8: Read Me More
Ch.9: The Letter
Ch. 10: Hello Everyone
Ch. 11: The thing is...
Ch.12: I saw something...
Ch.13: Memories?
Ch.14: Meet Us
CH.15: Talk to Me
Ch.16: Convince Me
Ch. 17: Elliot
Ch. 18: Flash Flash
Ch.19: Pink
Ch. 20: New Girl
Ch. 21: Javi
Ch. 22: Rain Rain, Save the Day
CH.23: Paint n' Sip

CH. 7: The Bar

87 5 0
By pinkiestwin

"How do you know Kan?" Jaz the bride asked. Her lips curled up, and her eyes were full of panic.

Nneka stood there, pleading to the heavens, that this was all a weird dream, a misunderstanding really. Because one time was a coincidence, the second is well... destiny?

Jaz looked between them. She had dyed dark purple hair and hazel eyes that couldn't decide who to interrogate with. "Hello, is anyone going to answer me?" Kan turned to her, "She was a patient of mine." "Was?" her soon-to-be husband asked. His name was Thomas, and he was edging closer to the table, ready for the details. "As in dentist-patient?" "He was her substitute dentist." Natalie filled them in.

They "Ahhh..., " in sync. While the last uncounted person, Thomas's younger brother Arthur, was too busy eating the wings of the bar to pay attention to his brother's friend's interesting dilemma.

"So this isn't going to be awkward right?" Jaz began. "Like you didn't tell him you love him or something." Nneka and Natalie's eyes quickly glanced at each other and then back.

Jaz slammed her hand down, palm faced down, catching jumping bodies. "Bathroom...now."

Natalie and Nneka quickly followed.

Inside, Jaz stared at them brows frowned while sucking her teeth. "What was that?"

"What was what?" Nneka asked.

"The eyes thingy. I asked if you told him something like you love him, and you did the eye thingy," she explained.

Natalie shook her head as their eyes darted between each other once again. "No we didn't."

"You did it again!" she yelled pointing it out.

"Okay okay, I'm not entirely sure if it was that bad," Nneka said.

"Oh god..." Jaz hesitated. She covered her mouth for a brief moment, "you told him you love you?"

Natalie scoffed, "Worst, she basically assaulted him, and called him an angel."

"Oh god, oh my god. You're supposed to partner up with him!"

"Relax, it shouldn't be a problem," Natalie said. "He told me himself she wasn't that bad. Or the worst he had. But it was bad. Like disappointing bad."

Nneka elbowed her.

"At least now I know what type of drunk you are." Nneka scratched the back of her head.

"Look, as long as there's no awkward feelings or lingering emotions, I think it should be fine. It can work...right?" Jaz nodded with her hands resting on her hips.

Jaz left the bathroom, and once again they followed.

She smiled at the guys, sliding in next to her soon-to-be husband, and Natalie to her side.

"Did you find out what happened?" Thomas whispered.

She patted his leg, "Later."

Nneka sat next to Kan, who seemed unbothered eating some of Arthur's side of fries.

It made her feel uneasy. Even if she couldn't remember, just sitting there was too much for her.

"I'm going to the bar." "Get me some french fries," Natalie told her.

She smiled awkwardly, standing up and going to the bar.

Kan took a quick look at her walking away, then resumed stealing Arthur's fries, just as 2 plates full of pizza were placed on the top of their table.

Nneka sat at the bar while scratching the back of her hand.

"What can I get you?" the bartender asked.

She looked up at him, and once again a halo. This time barely noticeable. The giant alcohol filled glass shelves diluted the images somehow.

"Oh god," she said out loud.

"Excuse me?" he asked, leaning closer.

It was the man from earlier. The green jacket, red-haired man. But looking up closer at him, she could see 2 strips of his hair on either side of his head, which were a shade lighter than the rest.

His name was Javier, but Javi for short. And his purpose, making everyone else happy.

"Orange soda, if you have it." She told him. He nodded, going under the bar and grabbing a Fanta. He placed it in front of her, and she scoffed.

"Anything else?" "No...no, it's just, usually bars don't have sodas." "Soda?" he raised his brow, 'cause that was stupid. "I mean they do like Sprite and like Coca-Cola, but..." he crossed his arms, "never mind."

Nneka looked back at the table and noticed the giant pizzas on top. Javi's eyes followed her.

"It looks like you're avoiding something." She turned to him and took a long deep breath in then out. "Obvious?"

"Pretty sure no would leave a table with food coming."

"You're right." she wagged her finger in agreement, then stood up. "I'll be right back."

Nneka got off the bar stool and rushed to the table. She took the plate designated for her and grabbed 4 slices, 2 from each, pepperoni and cheese.

Natalie whined picking up a slice of cheese for herself, "Where my fries?" "I'll be back." Nneka ran back to the bar. She placed the plate in front of her and started eating.

"Feeling better?" he asked chuckling.

She grinned, food stuffed in her mouth.

"Now that you have food, would you like to talk about it?"

"You wouldn't understand."

"Probably not," he leaned in, "but I know usually in these situation, people like to just talk and have someone listen to them. And trust I'm a great listener, plus your secret will be safe with me."

"You drive a hard bargain." She smiled, pointing at the backroom. "Tell you what, throw in some overpriced fries, and I a might tell you."

He laughed, then yelled out, "regular fries."

"Seriously?" She asked. "I think the owner wouldn't mind, plus it's going to good cause." He smiled. Hand folded in front of her and his body too close. He was all ears, eyes and everything else. "Now, tell me, what's got those sparkly eyes dull."

"Okay, I'll bite." She takes a bite of her pizza and claps her hands, getting rid of the residue. "I think I'm in a constant state of hallucinations."

"Hallucinations? Not my first." He said. "Not your first." She repeats.

Shaking his head, he agreed, "Not my first." "Okay, how about I'm seeing colour halos over people's heads. Well, 4 people to be exact." "And that would be a first." He said leaning back. He pours a drink and hands it to the person down the counter, then returns. "So, do I have one? Am I one of the lucky 4." "Funny enough, you are."

"Thank you, I'm very flattered you think I'm angelic."

"I'm serious."

"And I am too."

Nneka looked away. She takes another bite just as her fries come through. Javi takes it from his co-worker and places it down by her. Her eyes twinkle as she grabs a fry.

Javi stared at her. His head titled, while in thought. He gets a rag and wipes the area around her, then puts it under the bar. "Come here, show me your hand."

"Why? What are you going to do?" She asked. He held his hand out, "Just give me your hand." "Fine." She gives it to him

Javi takes her hand. He scanned her palm and makes a bunch of noises that grab her attention. He begins with oooos and ends with ahhhs.

Nneka stands up, pulling her hand back, "Can you seriously read my palms."

He pulls it closer "Hold still, I see something." "See what?" "You're about to enter a long journey."

"A journey?" she laughed.

But he was serious. His voice was deeper. His fingers traced the lines on her palm, while eyes followed his fingers as words came out. "Romance. You're about to be surrounded by a lot of offers. I think maybe those 4 halos could mean something."

Her eyes widened as the corner of her lips rose. "Sir, you're one of them." She told him.

"And you're telling me you don't feel something." He asked.

Nneka blinked her eyes repeatably, caught off guard. But he was right about that aspect. She felt something, and it wasn't nerves like a butterfly flying in her chest. It was peace, like a level of comfort that she couldn't explain, but he felt safe. And because she hated dishonest leading situations, she told him the truth.

"I'll bite, I do. And it coupled with annoyance. "

"No, I see red, your signature colour is red."

"And yours is purple."

They stared at each other, while her hand still in his. Her face was warming up, heated, watching as he stared back with sincerity in his eyes. She really felt like she could trust him, and she didn't know why.

Kan walked up to them. "How's the fries going?" he asked, shifting his attention to her hand. "2 baskets please."

Nneka took her hand back, "so you came to get them."

"Yeah, but it looks like you two are enjoying most of it, so...can I get two orders of fries."

Javi grinned at him, standing up straight, "Sure."

"And what is that seasoning you put on it?"

Javi stopped, "it's a secret." "Right." He turned to Nneka and took a look at her drink. "Orange soda?" "Yeah, I like orange drinks."

"I like pink drinks." Javi came back and set three plates of french fries before them.

"I only order 2,"

"That one for her."

Nneka smiled, taking the smaller plate.

Kan looked at her, then at Javi, "okay?" and walked off.

"Wait...there's seasoned fries?"

"You weren't specific." he laughed walking off.

Nneka rolled her eyes. She took her plates and went back to the table. Eyes watching as he served others.

He was definitely something and was right too, she could feel it. She could feel something.

----

Comment, like, and share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 150 17
Two teenagers with a interesting love story fr🤷🏽‍♀️ + a baby later on
2.4K 127 25
Althea wakes up in the middle of the woods with no memories of where she comes from or how she got there. What happens when a pack takes her in? What...
539 17 9
Since yanna was a little girl all she ever wanted was to be loved and respected. All she wants to do is survive, but between her relationship with fa...
82.1K 2.5K 29
Yasmin and Kolenka were childhood best friends. One night, Kol disappeared, leaving Yasmin lost and confused. Almost ten years later, Kol appears ou...