That Time I Got Reincarnated...

By Kousei_96

"Who knew not wanting to read My Hero Academia would be a major setback?" Died because of le 'ol Truck-kun, Y... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
not a chapter
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Extra
Chapter 15

Chapter 8

1.4K 80 32
By Kousei_96

Revelation & Enrollment(Pt 2)

≠===========≠===========≠

"A fair warning, my class is quite unique with their characteristics. So I hope you're ready to be bombarded with weird questions. Especially about your Quirk." While driving, Aizawa was generous enough to give Y/n a small pointer about the class he'll be attending from now on.

Looking at the pro hero, now his homeroom teacher, Y/n gave a bit of a confused stare.

"You'll see when you get there."

[•••]

Well, that being said..." Y/n muttered, as he wandered in the massive halls of U.A, somehow getting lost. Aizawa left him alone to wander the halls, since it was quite early to be at school. So the hero gave a clearance to him to wander a bit.

But to his surprise, U.A was basically a mansion, palace, even. It has many halls and rooms that leads to who knows where.

He happened to atumble upon a large metal door, with a sign above saying "Workshop".

Y/n has a sneaking suspicion that he should never visit this place on his own accord. So he decided to walk away, leaving the door untouched.

Exploring a bit more, Y/n noticed that people are beginning to fill in the hall fairly bit. He noted that he needed to head to the 1A class, so he tried to spot anyone that he knows that from the class.

The only ones that he knows are Deku, Yaoyorpzu, and the brown haired girl that Deku crushes on. Y/n peaked around the corner, tryimg to fimd the three people he thought of.

Other students that are passing by to go to their class stared at Y/n weirdly. But Y/n could care less. He need ro getmto class in time. Who knows what the principal do if he knows if Y/ was late on his first day.

"C'mon... Isn't there anyone that I can follow, or is everyone from 1A is always late for class...?" The reincarnator asked no one in particular, when he happens to notice a certain bicolored hair boy.

"Hm? Isn't that... The half-n-half guy? Wasn't he also in class 1A too?"

~Meanwhile~

A day to day life of Todoroki Shoto couldn't be anymore exciting or bland than this.

Waking up at exactly 6 am, hellish training with his dad-- I mean, Endeavour untill 7 am, and then get ready for school. After having breakfast that was prepared by his sister, Fuyumi, Todoroki Tlthen went off to his high school, U.A.

To be an inspiring hero under the guidance Endeavour, Todoroki gritted his teeth.

He won't just do as what his old man wants.

But, that aside, today actually became a little bit more than ordinary for our resident icyhot.

Currently, he's walking to class as per usual. Nothing special there. The kick is? There's someone secretly following him.

Actually, he can't really tell all that well if there really is, but his gut feeling says that he's being followed. But since both him and the mysterious stalker is in U.A, he doubt that the stalker would do anything. So, he ignored them.

Arriving at his class at exactly 7 am, as usual, Todoroki pushed the big slididng door aside and entered the class, giving a small greeting to his fellow classmate that's also early, Tokoyami. Oddly enough, he wass sitting on his table in a rather elaborate way, but he won't pry.

Just as no other people would in his business.

Heading to his seat at the far back, Todoroki noticed the sudden addition of another table beside him. He let out an intrigued humm, then glanced at Tokoyami.

The birbman glanced back, then shook his head, as if he had known his question. Seems like he doesn't know about it too.

Just then, the sudden sound of the door being opened gained both of the quiet students' attention. They looked at the door that was opened ajar, and there an unknown person came in.

He wears the signature U.A uniform, so he must be a student. The stranger enters, but upon the strange looks he's receiving, he steps out a little, then looks at the class's signboard.

Confirming that it is 1A, he enters again, closing the door behind him. He then walks further into the class while holding a small piece of paper in his hand. He seems to be muttering something as he looked around.

His eyes then landed right beside Todoroki, the empty new seat. The dots connected in his mind.

"So you're a new student... A bit late into the semester, no?" Todoroki muttered a little too loudly, taking the new student's attention. He said it as a matter of factly, but he felt inclined to respond.

"Ahaha... There was some... Circumstances, yeah, that..." He answered awkwardly, taking his seat beside Todoroki.

"So, I'm Y/n-- oh right, I'm L/n Y/n. Nice to meet you!" Y/n corrected himself, noting back to the Japanese customs when introducing oneself.

"...Todoroki Shoto." Said boy says without looking at Y/n after a little silence, turning his head to the front.

'Wow, being cold much?' No pun intended.

Concluding that Todoroki was a lost cause to start a conversation with, Y/n turned to the other emo-looking guy.

"Hey, I'm L/n Y/n! Nice to meet you!" Y/n practically hopped in front of Tokoyami, causing the birb to flinch a little at the suddenness.

Tokoyami stared at the reincarnator for a bit, then nodded at him. "Tokoyami Fumikage. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, too."

Tokoyami replied, to which Y/n sighed silently in relief. At least someone was willing to talk to him. Maybe Todoroki doesn't want to make friends? Who knows.

"So, Tokoyami, what's your Quirk?"

"My Quirk is a blessing from the darkness itself, Dark Shadow..." Tokoyami said, calling out his Quirk, as a literal shadow sprouted from his torso, forming a similar bird-headed shadow.

"Yo!" The shadow greeted enthusiasm, which Y/n replied with a matching tone.

"Yo! So, your Quirk is a sentient type, huh?"

"That's right. With the blessing from the abyss, Dark Shadow is to be my eternal companion..."

'Oh wow, kinda reminding me of a certain girl...' Y/n thought about the elaborate way Tokoyami talks.

"And what about you? What is your Quirk?" It was Tokoyami's turn to ask.

Behind them, Todoroki was inconspicuously hearing in.

"Oh, my Quirk is Dark Whip! I can produce this whip-like shadow. See?" Y/n activated his Quirk, and raised his arm in front of him. Black and shadow-like tendrils began to dance about on his skin in a somewhat mesmerizing way.

He then called it back as it slowly retracted into his body.

"With this, I can shoot out a long whip to attach to almost any surface, so I don't have to worry too much if I want to swing around."

Tokoyami hummed, interested. "Then, you must be adept with high mobility movements, huh?" He asked again, as Y/n nodded.

"Yep! I can swing around just like Spiderman!" Y/n said while pumping his arm, excited. Tokoyami raised an eyebrow at this.

"Spiderman? Who's that? A pro Hero?"

'Shit, that slipped out...'
"Uh, no, just a... Foreign comic I read some time ago." Y/n rolled a 1d20 for deception.

"I see" Nat20, Tokoyami believed his lie. Y/n sighed internally.

The two conversed for a bit more, talking about some other or similar topics. Though, Tokoyami interestingly mentioned "darkness" quite a number of times

Time passes, and voices begin to gather outside of the classroom, indicating that Y/n's other new classmates have arrived.

Bidding his leave to Tokoyami, Y/n returned to his seat and sat tight, waiting for the possible barrages of questions he'll get.

The door then slides open, as students begin to fill the classroom. Most of them talked amongst themselves about certain topics. They walked inside, still talking, until one of them noticed an addition to their total numbers. She turned to her classmates, asking, "Hey, who's that?"

A brunette girl asked, pointing at him. Y/n recognize her from the time he saved her and Yaoyorozu in the alley, but he won't mention that yet.

As she called him out, other students began to take notice of him too, bearing their own questions at him as well.

"Woah! A new student? This late into the semester?" A pinkette-- well rather, a girl who's pink as a whole, exclaimed.

"Wait, really? Is it a girl?"

"Mineta, can you not?"

"Really? Is it a manly guy then?"

"I wonder why he is late... Must be because of special circumstances..." A green haired boy muttered, seemingly recognizing the h/c haired boy. Though he can't recall when...

The students muttered among themselves, making up theories and speculations before the pink girl approached him first, yet to set down her stuff first.

"Hey, new guy! What's your name!?" She exclaimed, stomping forward to him and slammed her palm on the Y/n table. Y/n flinched back at her forwardness.

"Yeah! What's your name? And your Quirk!?" A guy with yellow hair with black streaks asked excitedly, arms around a boy with bright red hair.

"Yeah! It must be manly!" The red haired guy said, pumping his fists together as his fist seemingly hardened and released some sparks when it collided.

"Guys! If you want to ask him questions, you must do so in a mannered order!! As such of a student of the prestigious U.A academy!!" A guy in glasses said, robotically swinging his arms around. Y/n can only chuckle at the class' enthusiasm, reminded back of what Aizawa said.

They really are an interesting bunch.

Just as our reincarnator tried to calm his new classmates down, out in the corner of his eyes, Y/n noticed the green haired boy that was muttering to himself. Y/n wouldn't have recognized him since he was a bit more buffed since they last met, but the freckles on his face made him confirm of the green shrub's identity.

"Oh hey, it's Deku!" The boy in question jolted when he heard his 'name' being called, then turning to Y/n.

"Wait, Midoriya, you know the new guy?" One of the classmates asked, making him shrink a bit in his position.

"Ah, no... I mean... maybe he recognizes me, and I don't...?" He said, as he watched Y/n approached him.

"Oh, c'mon, you don't remember me? We met almost a year ago! Y'know, at the park? You were a muttering mess back then!" Y/n said with a laugh, as if both of them were old friends.

Midoriya racked his brains of what could possibly Y/n talk about, when his eyes gazed once again at Y/n's h/c hair.

And it clicked.

How can he forget about the only person that is basically the first to ever be concerned and wanting to lend a hand at him?

"Oh! That was you?!" Midoriya exclaimed in recognition. Y/n chuckled and smiled, pointing to himself using his thumb.

"Yep, that's me! But again, it's been a while, I barely recognize you. Did you hit the gym?"

"Oh, uh... Yeah, kinda.." Midoriya replied while looking away. Y/n marked that as him being shy. Obviously, Midoriya wouldn't hide something as big, right?

Now Y/n really thinks he should have read the manga more.

The class is now starting to get to know Y/n as they conversed with him.

As they talked, Y/n can't help but wander his eyes a few times on the students, searching for a specific person. 'I thought she was in this class as well...?'

And as he thought this, two other students came through the big class door. "Man, what's with you guys? It's still so early..." A girl said towards the class. She too, wears the U.A uniform, so obviously she's a classmate too. She has purple hair with a lighter shade for streak. Y/n raised an eye aat this.

'Is she and the blonde guy, a destined pair...?'

And beside her is...

"Oh! Momo! Long time no see!! Congrats on doing well in the sports festival!" Y/n exclaimed while standing up, waving at her. The girl in question, Yaoyorozu Momo, widened her eyes when she heard a voice she recognize calling for her.

Looking at the far back of the class, she sees a friend that wasn't even supposed to be here. There, stood in her line of sight, is Y/n. A stranger-turned-friend that she met when she was out in Musutafu that one time.

Who knew that the day she decided to return a borrowed book would be the day she met one of her most trusted friends. Sure, they've only met less than a year, but it was mostly on Y/n's insistence to regularly meet up.

It took a while to have her father's permission, but in the end, she got a deal to have a day out with him on the weekend.

Back to in the class, Yaoyorozu can't believe her eyes for a second. "Eh!? Y/n!? Why are you here??" Yaoyorozu asked while still in surprise.

"Well, this and that happened, and here I am! Now we don't have to worry about your dad's-- mmpphhh!?" Y/n didn't get to finish his sentance when Yaoyorozu covered his mouth with a flustered face.

"Well, they seem to get along..." The redhead, Kirishima remarked with a smirk.

"Whaaaat!? I want to have her hand on me too--!!" *Smack_sound.mp3*

"Ehhh~ YaoMomo~ you didn't tell me that you have a boyfriend outside of school~" Ashido, the pink girl, snakes her way in between Y/n and Yaoyorozu, smiling knowingly at her.

"N-no! That's not what it  looks like! He's just a friend! Really!" The rich girl exclaimed with a blush still on her face. His mouth free from the confines of her hands, Y/n looked at both of the girls.

"Wait, you didn't tell me about them, Momo? I'm hurt..." Y/n faked a pained expression for drama purposes.

"Well, they didn't exactly ask about you, Y/n. So I--"

"Oh~? On first name basis? This is getting spicier!"

'What the hell is this girl's on?'

"Mina, please..!" Yaoyorozu pleads with a heavy blush, slightly shaking the pinkette by the shoulders.

"Geez, these kids have unlimited energies...." A voice as tired as a single dad was heard, and all eyes turned to the homeroom teacher, Aizawa.

Said man then turned to Y/n. "And you. You're lucky that we're in U.A right now. If not, the tether will blare and you'll get in a lot of trouble."

Aizawa reminded and used his foot to nudge said device that was latches on Y/n's ankle. Y/n gave an awkward laugh as the rest of the class though in an unusual hivemind, as the usually did.

'Tether! Is in, the criminal bracelet!?'

"Anyways, here." As if he didn't just dropped a bombshell at the class, Aizawa dismissed it and gave Y/n a board, marker, and a sheet of paper.

Y/n took it, and looked at his homeroom teacher, confused. "And what am I supposed to do with this?"

"Well, since you're new, you've obviously missed a whole lot of lectures and curriculums. So, to sum it up for you, for homeroom, we'll ask you to think up of a hero name, and pick an agency to intern with."

"Huh-- wha--?" Y/n was beyond confused. Not only did he not read the MHA series, he missed a whole lot of plot points, and also he needed to recap it by himself!?

"But, first thing first, I want you to inteoduce yourself to the class." The teacher instructed, snapping Y/n out of his stupor, he turned around to begin, but was confused and surprised by how all of his classmates are already in their seat. Shaking his head off from the confusion, he begins...

"Ahem... Well, hi guys. A lot of you might have known me since earlier, but I'll say it again. My name is L/n Y/n, and it's a pleasure to meet you all!" He stated with a smile, as the class reciprocated his sentiment.

"What's your status quo with YaoMomo!!?" The pinkette asked, raising her hand suddenly. The girl mentioned blushed slightly at the back of the class from the question.

"We're friends." He answered simply.

"And? Don't you have another thing to tell them?" Aizawa reminded from behind, eyeing the ex-vigilante. Y/n sighed at the implication, a little dissapointed that he can't keep it a secret.

'Oh well, maybe he's right. I wouldn't want to keep secrets with them, especially if I'm new AND late...' He contemplates, the sighed resolutely.

"Well, another thing about me is... That I am, well, was a vigilante..." And the cat is out of the bag. Murmurs and mutters begin to sound about within the class as the secret is out. Speculations and theories, Y/n can only imagine what's their view of him now.

'I wonder what Midoriya and Momo thinks of me now...' Y/n thought solemnly, looking at the ground.

"Then, if you're here, that's mean the principal gave you a second chance... And that's also meam you're actually decent...?" Someone voiced out, and Y/n couldn't be more happy that they did.

"You idiot, Principal Nezu wouldn't just give second chances to a vigilante, would he?" The girl with the purple hair retorted at the blonde beside her.

"That, in fact the Principal did. He, somehow, sees a chance in L/n to change his ways for the better and make that chance being to be able to attend at U.A. But that doesn't mean that he have special advantage, so don't get full of yourself." Y/n was reminded yet again by Aizawa, as Y/n silently nodded. Aizawa then speaks up again to add.

"These kids may not be as experienced on the field as you, but they are as much as capable as you do. Keep that in mind."

After that, Aizawa instructed Yaoyorozu to help Y/n and recap him with yesterday's class. His basis? Because they seemed close.

The class was quiet when Y/n went back to his seat to grab his chair and sit by the vice president, his gaze still downcast, and expression solemn.

But Y/n was surprised when Yaoyorozu was seemingly indifferent about the whole revelation. She took out a notebook, that contains notes(duh) of yesterday's class session.

"Oookay. So, in yesterday's class, we were told to come up with our hero names and-- hey, are you listening?" Y/n was a little flabbergasted with how uncaring she was about the whole situation.

"You're... Not mad?" Y/n asked, confused, bewildered even.

"Hmm... Well, not really. Sure, I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't tell me, but at least I've finally confirmed that you are Black Mask." Yaoyorozu said with a soft smile, no hidden feelings was there at all what she said.

Y/n could almost feel like he wanted to cry. For the faintest of instance, it felt like he was against the world when he revealed that he was a vigilante, but to see and hear that there was one person that was on his side in this foreign world, it eased him up a bit.

"WAIT, YOU'RE BLACK-MASK!!??" Midoriya exclaimed in shock when he heard Yaoyorozu say this. The whole class followed suit after they heard him yell.

"Huh!? Really!?"

"Seriously!?"

"No way!!!"

And now, once more, Y/n was surrounded by his classmates.

"Wait, wha--?"

"Black-Mask wasn't just a vigilante, you could say that he was basically a hero!!! The way that he always selflessly goes into any danger and troubles to help people, it was heroic! No matter what the circumstances, he was always there to help!" Midoriya was in his fanboy mode, muttering about facts and whatnot.

"Oh geez, you could've just said so you were Black-Mask! He may be a vigilante, but he's a manly hero in my heart!"

"Really? I don't actually believe him... He could've just lied to get our recognition..." One of the buff guys with thick lips said, pointing out a possibility.

"I can vouch for him. Show them, L/n." Tokoyami, who rarely spoke, voiced out and sided with Y/n.

Y/n nodded slowly, still disoriented with the sudden reaction change of the class.

He stood up, and did a flip. While mid air, he used his Quirk to attach it to the ceiling and hang upside down, a signature pose he'd do if some random civilian would ask for pictures.

"Woah! That is him! He did the thing! How'd you know, Tokoyami?" An invisible girl, Y/n assumed with the floating clothing and all, asked the brib.

"I saw his Quirk in action briefly earlier, and saw a bit of the resemblance. Figured that I've seen it somewhere..." He explained, while looking cool.

"Aaahh~! Can I have an autograph though, L/n! I've been in the official subreddit of you since it was created!  (the moderator and creator of said subreddit.)" The pink girl exclaimed, showing him her phone and a board that people usually use to get an autograph.

"Alright, that's enough..." A rather angry voice said, which sent chills on all of the students' spine. The owner of the voice is no other than Dadzawa-- I mean, Aizawa himself. Eyes flashing red and his scarf floating, he glared at the whole class as they instantly went back to their seats.

Y/n on the other hand, who was still hanging by the ceiling, fell down onto the ground since his Quirk got cancelled.

"We don't have all day to fangirl over a kid, so be quiet and get on with class!"

After a brief recap from Yaoyorozu, Y/n is already at the front of the podium with the board with a name written on it.

"Well, since the name is quite well, known, so I'll be using this as my hero name. As of now, I'm now officially Black-Mask as a Hero!"

≠===========≠===========≠

Yay! Done! Hope you guys like the chapter! Vote of you do.

Or don't.

I'm not your boss...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.6K 743 12
{My Hero Academia x Male Reader} In a world where superheroes and quirks reign supreme with 80% of the population achieving these incredible powers...
143K 4.9K 21
"𝙸'𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎." "𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎." ˜"*...
78.6K 2K 59
This is my First My Hero Academia book. In a world where everyone has this unique power called a Quirk there is one Problem Child with an powerful Qu...
59.5K 2K 22
Izuku Midoriya was a boy that grew up without a quirk, unlike the people around him. That didn't stop him from aspiring to be a hero. When All Might...