Choose me, Secretary Marsh [N...

By timetocope

Danielle Marsh's life has always been upside down, but for a while now circumstances have started to turn her... More

Author's Note
Little Update!
Meet the Cast!
01 | Prologue
02 | Big Boss in Love
03 | Beautiful Night Sky
04 | Going Out
05 | Surprise!
06 | Overwhelmed with Love
08 | Through Hyein's Eyes

07 | Overtime

662 47 21
By timetocope

| Some days later, Workplace |

Danielle still couldn't quite believe what had happened the last days. She really hadn't thought that the fight for her would turn out like this. So what would come next? The days at the office passed and it seemed as if everything had gone back to the way it was. Everyone was absorbed in their work and actually concentrating on it. Hanni was doing a great job, Haerin was learning really quickly and Minji? She hardly got to see her boss in the last few days because she was on a business trip and had to take care of an important client for her company. She only got messages from her and they were mostly about work. Maybe she should be happy, but ... somehow Danielle was also sad about it? Argh, why was it so complicated! She shouldn't develop feelings for three women at the same time, why can't she just choose one? What was her heart doing to her, did it really just want to put obstacles in her way?

Today was another one of those days where everything seemed boring and busy. Danielle sat at her desk and worked through various emails while she drank her coffee from her favorite mug, a dog-shaped cup, and scrolled through random reports. There really was a lot to do and more and more was coming in and it looked like it wasn't going to end any time soon. Even Haerin, who was sitting directly opposite her, was completely focused on her work and there were several piles of paperwork on her desk. The secretary let out a sigh and leaned back into the chair, stretching once before leaning a little more in Haerin's direction, crossing her arms on her own desk: "Hey... do you need any help? I could show you-" Before she could continue her sentence, Haerin shook her head: "No." A simple and easy no.. Danielle didn't even know she could say no to her, usually Haerin always tried to do everything with her and Danielle always had to say no. "O...kay?" perhaps a little bitter, but she shrugged her shoulders indifferently. She should be happy that she wasn't caught off guard by her today and enjoy a quiet day.

Danielle got up from her seat, grabbed her cup and decided to stretch her legs a little. A little break from work would certainly do her good and besides, she just wanted to talk to a few people, chat a bit, socialize. Today, however, was clearly a bit of a mess, really no one was in the mood for a little chat and most of the staff were either completely swamped with work or simply not interested in chatting at the moment. At some point, Danielle arrived at Hanni's desk and leaned on it with one hand: "Hey bestie~~~~ And what are you up to?" She tried to fish for her attention, but even she didn't seem to take the bait. What the hell? Hanni's eyes were glued to the screen and she gave Danielle a quick pat on the hand as a greeting: "Sorry, sweetheart, but I really can't right now, later?" The secretary waved her hand away and turned on her heel. Now not even her best friend wanted to skip work? The one who never did homework at school? This was getting really ridiculous ... or maybe Danielle didn't want to admit that she was worried about the sudden lack of attention. 

It went on like this for the rest of the day. Danielle kept trying to get Haerin and Hanni's attention, but she had no success at all. Eventually she found someone she could talk to and clear her head from work, but to be fair, it wasn't exactly exhilarating. Nevertheless, she managed to leave her work to one side, which was perhaps why she was a little behind, but it didn't really bother her, after all, she didn't seem to have anything else to do today but work. Just to be clear: Danielle would never normally neglect her work like this. Which she wouldn't do now, because shortly before closing time, Danielle sat at her desk again and continued working on her documents after taking several short breaks. Everything had to be finished by tomorrow anyway, because her boss would be back and she would definitely need these documents.

| Just after worktime |

Most of her colleagues were already starting to call it a day. Her shift was over, as was Danielle's, but she stayed on because she was far from finished with her work for the day. This time she sat focused on her screen and managed to convince herself that today was just a bad day for social interaction. Out of the corner of her eye, however, she noticed Haerin getting up from her desk and stretching. As she did so, the secretary caught a glimpse of the exposed skin on her stomach and when she caught herself doing so, she immediately looked back at her screen. At the same moment, Hanni suddenly came around the corner and clapped her hands in delight: "Aigo, finally done. How's it looking girls, did you want to go for a drink? A few of our colleagues have discovered a new place in the area and we wanted to try it out." Of course, now of all times, when Danielle had long since given up on getting any action for the day.

Haerin was the first to respond, as she slung her rucksack over her shoulder and ran straight past Hanni: "... can't, still got something to do." With these words, she was gone faster than we could see. Unusually, she didn't even say goodbye, as she usually did. Was she going to turn up unannounced at Danielle's again tonight? "Dani?" She was immediately snapped out of her thoughts and her attention swung back to Hanni: "Huh?" Hanni raised a brow and gestured at her wristwatch and then to the elevator: "I asked, if you wanted to go for a drink? The others are already waiting." To be honest, she did want to, but she'd been dawdling around all day today. Danielle shook her head and gave Hanni a small smile. "'Scuse me, I've got too much unfinished business, it'll have to be done by tomorrow." She received an understanding nod in response from her best friend and she turned away from the secretary with a wave as she joined the other colleagues and left the building with them.

Not much later, the whole office was filled with an uncomfortable silence. It wasn't the first time Danielle had worked overtime, but it was always scary to sit alone in this huge room without another soul in sight. Fortunately, she was able to keep herself occupied and, as no one else was here, she was able to work a little more freely. Danielle turned on a playlist on Spotify, turned up the music and filled the room with its sound. She hummed along, which lifted her mood considerably and also improved her productivity at work. When she ran out of coffee again, she got up and went to the kitchen area of the office, dancing to the rhythm of the music and singing along to the lyrics. At the same time, Danielle didn't even notice that the elevator called out, which meant that someone was probably just getting off on the floor and that in turn meant that someone was about to come into the office.

Minji was now standing in the office and wondered, realizing relatively quickly that there was probably someone else here. As she was making good progress with the client, she was actually able to book a flight back today and quickly take care of all the paperwork so that everything else could be arranged tomorrow. Only now, however, did she realize the music filling the office and an even louder voice from the next room singing the same song. Her eyes fell on the only light shining in the room and Minji knew immediately which desk it was. Not to mention the voice that had already confirmed to her that it was definitely Danielle. With purposeful steps, she approached the kitchen area and leaned against the threshold. She could see her secretary showing off her best dance moves in front of the coffee machine and losing herself in the song without inhibitions. An amused smile crept onto Minji's face and was lost in her observation.

Danielle was completely absorbed in finishing her coffee before turning around and heading back to her desk. But then, of course, she noticed that someone was suddenly standing in the doorway and, without further ado, the secretary squeaked in shock and dropped her beloved cup on the floor. She hadn't expected anyone else to be in the office and only realized a few seconds later that it was her boss. Minji, on the other hand, had to stifle a laugh when she saw how jumpy Danielle was and she wasn't even angry that the whole kitchen floor was now full of coffee. Luckily the cup didn't break, Danielle had made sure that it was sturdy enough for unpredictable moments. "Jesus Christ, you could have said you were there!" Danielle was pissed, but that was probably more because her whole top now had a huge coffee stain in it and it was fucking hot. 

Unconsciously, Danielle began to unbutton her blouse, not wanting to walk around with the hot coffee on it and possibly burn her skin. Minji immediately avoided the sight with her eyes and tilted her head to the side. Danielle didn't notice at first because she went over to the sink and tried to wash the stain out of her blouse as best she could before it set too firmly. Even though her boss was really trying not to look, she couldn't help but catch another glimpse of her secretary. Danielle was wearing a white push-up bra with black dots and black lace. Not wanting to stare at it any longer, Minji approached the other and took off her blazer on the way. When she reached Danielle, she put it on her shoulder and at the same moment the 26-year-old turned to her boss. Danielle could look her straight in the eye, Minji's gaze mirrored hers and both their hearts beat faster in harmony. "...t-thank y-you, Ms. Kim." Danielle's fingers ran over the edge of the blazer until they came into contact with Minji's fingers under the collar. 

Their eye contact lasted for quite a while, neither of them moved from the spot and tension built up between them. Slowly and carefully, one of Minji's hands wandered up and stroked a loose strand of Danielle's hair behind her ear. The silence stretched on for a few more seconds until they both suddenly spoke up, "I..." and both fell silent again with a small smile on their lips. "Ms. Marsh- no. Danielle, can I ask you a question?" Danielle swallowed and just nodded at her question, the first time she had ever called her boss by her first name. Minji's question was a little hesitant, but eventually: "...can I kiss you?" The secretary blushed; the fact that she was actually asked and not taken by surprise like the other two was new to her. But without saying a word, she nodded hesitantly, her eyes still lost in Minji's, who didn't take her eyes off her either.

Minji's eyes wandered down to her lips and the closer she got to her, the harder her heart beat. She felt warm and a tingling sensation filled her whole body. Danielle's hands traveled up Minji's chest to her shoulders and since she knew what was coming this time, she was able to react accordingly. Their lips joined, Minji's hand roamed to the back of Danielle's nape and her other rested on her secretary's hip. Once again, a pleasant feeling flowed through Danielle's body. Another variation on her previous experience, so different and yet so the same. Minji was gentle and careful, Danielle realized. Her hands moved further up and were now all around Minji's shoulders. And with that, her long working day was slowly coming to an end. . .

_____________________

Author: No Plan, but consent. Consent is hella smexy amiright? Stay tuned for more and don't forget to Vote for every chapter, if you really enjoy the story! Read ya later, my coping readers. ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 2.5K 25
Pham Hanni's father needs to pay his debts to his ex boss and he will have to use his daughter in order to live since his money isn't enough. Pham Ha...
7.2K 554 14
In the vibrant landscape of their life, two contrasting souls find their paths intertwined amidst a whirlwind of emotions. Danielle, overflowing with...
40.6K 1.6K 14
Danielle found herself in an unknown motel with unknown people all around her, she was in extreme danger, that worsened when a creepy guy tried to ta...