golden hour ~ Danny Walker, P...

Od RyleeSage-

We sat in the back of my daddy's old Ford truck. It was light blue and had a silver rim, he got it years ago... Více

Cast
Young Love
Darling
Your Jacket
Écrit dans les étoiles
Promises

Fragile

47 0 2
Od RyleeSage-

September 18th, 1934

——————
Danny Walker

It had been a few months since the night Danny and Charlise shared on the Fourth of July. Nothing physically happned that night. He rembered walking her to her door step, I think they were both confused on what they should do after that. Should he kiss her, tell her how he feels. But no, he just opened the door quickly as the stepped inside before turning around to face him.

" Thank you Danny, for tonight, I had a really lovely time." She said still wearing his jacket. She skimmed her hand over its soft lining, when she remembered the jacket actually belonged to him.

" Oh here, thanks for letting me use it." She said taking it off her shoulders.

" Nah, you keep it, looks better on you anyway." He said giving her the cutest little smile leaning against the door.

" You sure?"

" positive"

" ok, well goodnight then." Danny could sense her confusion. Their conversations were definitely exceeding that of purely friendship. But Danny didn't do anything though, he regretted it, but it was all to fast. Plus, he didn't even know if she felt the same.

" Goodnight Charlie." He said softly, he sweet southern accent rolling of with tongue. He smiled as she slowly closed the door, smirking to herself. As he made his way back to his house he couldn't help but smile as me rethought all those memories of the two of them, all the words she said, her laugh, her smile, her.

—————

Charlise McCrawley

As she awoke in her soft sheets, from the bright sun seeping though the window blinding her as she awoke. The small chirps of birds could be heard from outside as well as the loud clank of tools from the garage. She quickly slipped into one of her green casual dresses and pulled her hair back into a curly ponytail. Her mother was always out of the house on Saturdays, visiting ancient Mrs. Tucker who lived down the street. It was a shock that women was still alive and kicking. Mother loved to help out with her whenever she could.

Charlise quickly fixed up some glasses of ice water, hoping to deliver them to her brother and father into the garage. She carried the glasses out to the old wood barn. Turing the corner she saw the face of the boy she had been trying a avoid for the past couple months, not that she didn't want to see him, no it was because she didn't know how she would act if put around him again.

She was about to turn tail and run but he looked up from the small dust plane he was working on and saw her. She always loved it when Danny worked in the planes. Today, he was wearing a thin white tank top. Thin enough that his tanned abs popped though. His pants were baggy black cargos. His hair looked messy and sweaty, he also had the back tar from the plane all over him. Oddly adding to his appearance.

" oh- Charl-" he said loudly banging his head in the wing of the plane as he stood up.

" Danny are you alright?" she said stepping closer to him. He rubbed his hand over the top of his head giving her a thumbs up with his other hand,

" Never better." He said laughing

Charlise looked quickly around the garage. Trying to avaoid his burning eye contact.

" Wheres Rafe and Papa?"

" Went to the market to get some more supplies to fix the engine."

" Oh- did y'all break the plane again. You know you fly her all to much." Charlise said patting the airplane going underneath its wing to the other side.

" Maybe- your papa better not know it. Or I'll be out of flying for life." Danny said following her.

" Well I brought you this water, thinkin you'd be thirsty." She said handing him the glass. As he grabbed it his hands intentionally slid past hers. He quickly swallowed the water in a couple big gulps.

" Thank you darlin," he said handing the glass back to her.

" So what is Mrs. Charlie doin today." He said Turing back to his work on the motor, while Charlise took a seat nearby.

" Nothing much, there's the bonfire tonight. In Oak Creek, I was thinkin you should come. Could be fun." Charlise said staring at her feet.

Danny was ecstatic that she had asked him to go somewhere. While she didn't mean go together, but she wanted him to be there. That was enough for him.

" Alright, I'll come, sounds fun." He said grinning at her.

" Well I'm glad to here that. It's at eight when the sun goes down. Rafes comin too, with that red head from the fair."

" alright I'll see you there Charlie."

" you need anything else while your out here, I was going to make lunch while papa and Rafe are out." She said standing up from her seat,

" Oh nah, I'm good, just glad you came to talk to me that's all."

——————
Danny Walker

Oak Creek was a small river bed that was a frequent spot for hang outs. A small shed was adjacent to the river, tall grasses and flowers sprawled through the area. I had arrived with Rafe, he had gotten a couple drinks that Frank Whitman had brought from his dads house. I talked to a couple of my friends from school and then found a seat by the shed. Eventually, everyone go tired of standing around and collectively sat around the sheds candlelight smoking or slowly drifting off to sleep. Rafe had gone off with a girl a while ago. So Danny was left by himself.

A few people down to his left sat Charlise and Billy. She sat with her legs curled under her and Billy sat close next to her, too close for Danny's liking. She seemed to be having a lot of fun with Billy, throwing her head back laughing at some of his jokes. She was all smiles, her cheeks hitting at a slight rose color and her eyelashes fluttering with every blink. Honestly, he wanted nothing more then to be Billy in that moment. To be so close to her without consequence, to just enjoy her and experience her smile so close.

Danny watched them, he wasn't trying to be intrusive, no, if she was happy then he would let it be. But if Billy decided to make any move that she wasn't willing for, then he would be there to stop it. In the candle light Danny saw Billy lean in towards Charlises mouth, she quickly turned her head to avoid his lips. Immediately he looked angry at her rejection. Even from his far away seat he could hear whispers of their conversation,

" Billy, stop it, I've told you multiple times now."
Charlise said trying to push Billy off of her. Danny was alerted now getting up from his seat in the grass and slowly making his way over towards the two.

" Cmon Charlise, just this one time, you know you what it." he said sloppily, the alcohol radiating of him.

" Get off me Billy." Charlise said giving him a hard shove in the chest.

Danny reached them, towering over them. Billy looked up at Danny, he could smell the beer on Billy's breathe.

" Do we have a problem here Billy." Danny said crossing his arms as Billy rose to his feet in front of him. Billy was shorter then Danny, Danny was stronger to. The only thing that would incline Billy to fight was the impairment of the alcohol.

" Nah, we ain't got no problem, except that this slut won't give me what I wan-" Billy didn't even finish before a hard punch went into his left cheekbone making him fall to the floor.

" Don't you ever call her that again, or I'll punch you so hard your brain won't even work." Danny said leaning over Billy's body. Billy groaned in pain holding his cheek. Danny's face then filtered to Charlise, she still sat there but she looked shocked her eyes wide and dusted with small tears. Her hands shaking. Danny reached down and grabbed both her hands pulling her up till she was on her feet. He held her hand to keep her stable as they walked out, back to the McCrawleys farm.

" God, I've been wanting to do that forever." Danny said biting his lip in satisfaction.

" I really thought Billy was my friend, I guess not." Charlie said looking at the ground.

" Charlie, look, I'm sorry I really am. I'm sorry I punched him right in front of you. It was stupid, but I'm more sorry he called you that because you are not what he said." Danny said stoping her so that she faced him, he cupped her head with his hands.

They both just searched each other eyes, looking for answers, a clue on what was happening between them.

" Danny what-what are we?" Charlise said softly, barley loud enough to hear.

" What do you mean." Danny said twirling a piece of her hair around his finger.

" What do you want Danny, cause I can't go on like this, I don't know what we are or what you want us to be. Because we look at at each other a little to long to just be friends." Charlise stated, desperately, wildly hoping he would admit his feelings.

Danny nervously swallowed, he hadn't expected her in a million years to confront him. He had always just thought that she was off limits and harmless flirting was a place holder for his desire to be with her.

" Charlie, I-I." He felt so stupid. Just sat it Danny. Tell her what you have been holding in for years. Tell her.

" Charlie I- I don't know what to call it... what is happening between us but I like it." He laughed.

" it's fragile and silly and good." He finished, his hand raised to her face sipping a small tear off her eye and caressing her cheek bone.

" I willing to be whatever you want me to be, whether it's friends or lovers or both. I just know that I want to be in your life, as long as you'll have me." He said smiling nervously. He looked into Carlisle's hazel eyes. The whole world seemed to fade away, and the only thing to exist was Her, Him and the stars.

" I want to be with you Danny Walker, it's as simple and as complicated as that."

———————

Authors note!!!

I want to be them.
They are the cutest things ever. So now, Danny and Charlie are going to be very happy, but all good things must come to an end! Then we will start the movie timeline.
I hope y'all are excited!

Also I know Rafe has served like no purpose so far but don't worry that's for a reason. Rafe will have a redemption ark.

words: 1828

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

217K 9K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
407K 12.3K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
1.7M 58.4K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
164K 5.9K 91
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...