Bound In Secrets

By RoseSugarAuthor

Reverse Harem They left me running after them and standing in a thunderstorm. Now the boys who broke their pr... More

Sleepover of Doom
Protective Father
No More Piglets
The Club
Invisable
Night-terrors
B&E in the Morning
Grovel Boys
The Greatest Loves
Coffee Chat
Pirate Crew
Tears Mixed With Surprise Visit
Catching Up
Oh, Lawdy! She's A King!
Fairy Uncle
Anger & A Gator
Capone's
Shoot Me
Ruined Plan
Returned To Sender
Long Day
Unknown & Nate
Oh, Boo!
Perfect Trifecta
Prude
Thelma & Louise
Hangover with Memories
Traitor
Nephews
Pirate Crews & Pizza
Sword Fight
Mamba King
Spirit Freed
Jobs
Ice
Last Night
Advice
Romeo & Juliet
The Voodoo Killer
Supernatural Mumbo Jumbo
Shamanic Prophecies
Multiple Surprises
The Strange Night
The Strange Night Continued...
Coming Up Razor
Want More?

Wriggle

55 7 3
By RoseSugarAuthor

Sawyer

"Good morning, Seraph." My father says, kissing me on the forehead like I was a small girl again. I missed my father while he was serving time in prison for gun running. It was short-term because he has a rich, influential family member who made sure the time spent being caught was a brief stay.

"Morning, Daddy. You should have told me you were getting out the other day. I would have picked up or sent Carmen."

"I know, cherub, but I had something to do when I got out."

"Something like the pedophile dirty ex-cop. I got him fired Daddy to where he wouldn't be able to work again," I let out a frustrated sigh sitting at the table across from the dark god who left me sore yesterday.

Thankfully, the Meyers had the kids since I had worked late, knowing I was going to need to sleep if I were to pick them up from school. They are lifesavers. I don't know how I would run the club without their aid.

"You would have killed him if you would have walked in on what we did. He was pulling strings for the Ciardha usurper."

Ash pales and it all clicks together. I look at him. "Your uncle?"

Ash stammers with me on repeat. "I came to pick the kid and take him..."

"No," I hiss with a snarl. He quirks a dark brow at me, not taking offense at my outburst. This reaction normally puts people on the defensive, but not this man. He is too good to be true.

"The kid isn't going home again. In fact..." I look at Ash. "Where is your little brother?"

"School. He goes to Venin Federation Lower Academy." Both schools are boarding, which means his uncle had removed this boy to service the former officer.

I have nothing against police officers. Many in the police force take their oaths to protect and serve seriously. They have families and upstanding wonderful citizens. But, as with any profession, there are a few rotten apples.

"Good. Can your uncle get to him?" Ash looks forlorn as he confirms his uncle could hurt his younger brother. "Okay, we will need to act fast. I need to drop the kids off at school, and then I will call Ryder. We will make sure only you can take your younger brother out of school."

Hope sparks in the kid's eyes. "Why don't Riggs and I drop the cherubs off at school for you?"

I chew the pancake I'm eating thoughtfully. Before agreeing to let my father do that so I can help this heartbreaking teenage boy who is attempting to eat without throwing it back up. Well, Ash looks like he is going to vomit at any moment now.

I have to help him. The kid doesn't have anyone in his corner, but that stops now! I don't care if I have to adopt him. I'm already keeping a close watch on the murder times while they are in school at Venin. What's a few more?

"That look says she wants to keep the boy," my father mutters to the man beside him.

"Don't blame her. I want to keep the kid. He needs someone," he rumbles.

Who is this guy? His words and actions do not line up with his reputation as the Death Angel's most feared Sergeant-at-arms. He is supposed this psychopathic killing machine, but I'm seeing it. I'm sure he has blood on his hands, and he is unstable. Then again, all the best I know are mentally unhinged. I include myself alongside my family. He is a conundrum I was to solve and not just to satisfy my sexual needs.

I squirm in my seat at his gaze along. He sips his coffee, and I watch as Adam's Apple bobs in his throat. "You can have some pancakes," I offer, with my voice coming out a tad husky.

"I would, but I'm highly intolerant of gluten." He says, eyeing the perfect flapjacks. "I had some sausage and eggs, so I'm good. Thank you though, Viper."

I didn't think poor Ash could get any paler, as he whispered my nickname before rushing for the bathroom. I move to stand, but AC places his hand on my shoulder. "I got him." I nibble on the inside of my lower lip before agreeing to allow him to help the new boy.

"I see AC took a liking to the boy. It's for him to get with anyone other than you and Kass," my father mentions as my children sit in his lap, eating their breakfast.

"Is he going to be okay?" Darius queries.

I give him a reassuring smile. "I'm going to make sure Ash is okay today. How would you two like Papaw to take you to school today?"

Darius agrees emphatically while Katie squeals in delight. "Can Wriggle come too?!"

"Who's Wriggle?" I question, and she points to the man beside my father.

"How did you get a nickname from my daughter in such a short time?" I asked, aghast.

Before he can answer, my father explains, "You have to be special to earn a nickname from Katie Pop. She doesn't offer them freely."

"Well, then I'm honored to be Wriggle," Riggs says to Katie with his fist over his heart and offers her a mock bow of his head like some medieval knight or fairytale prince. This guy is too good to be true.

Carter walks in, making a beeline for the coffee like he has been doing every morning while I get the kids ready for school. He doesn't seem to notice the extra people this morning, and his ribs have a compression bandage wrapped around them.

Carter is Tempest's IT guy, so he shouldn't be so bruised and moving stiffly. With his mug in hand, he takes a sip with a sigh. "Best coffee ever. Way better than the black sludge Storm, Ajax, and Booker call coffee." He takes another sip and then lifts his baby-blue eyes. "Hey, Nate's out! Where's the other little sociopath?"

"He is in the bathroom with the new kid. Please tell me this is an instance of 'you see the other guy'. You like you got run over, Uncle Car." Kassius teases, which causes Carter to laugh.

"I wish! I'm out of practice fighting. I got my ass handed to me by two Furies. Thankfully, JT is dropping them back off at the airport this morning."

"Awe man! I wanted to fight Ajax before he left!" Kassius whinges.

"Uh. No. He did this to me. I'm just lucky he didn't kill me like he wanted to. He didn't want Ryder to kill me for offing his precious traitor of a nephew," Carter snarks with an eye-roll at the end.

"Car, will you play with pirates with me after school?" Katie asks sweetly.

"Sure thing, Captain Pop! Shall I bring that scallywag first-mate Jen with me?" Carter queries in his best pirate voice.

"He can be my first mate!" Darius proclaims. He enjoys playing pirates with his sister. "Yay! Can Stoe and Cap come play too?"

"I don't know, Dare, but I'll ask them," Darius's face falls slightly.

"What if we do a pizza party tonight?" Dad suggests.

"I'll call Linette. If it's okay with her and Greg, we can."

"We have a projector. When it gets dark, with can watch a movie."

I thought about it for a moment. "It is Friday night, and the teenagers will be leaving for Venin on Sunday, so that sounds like a great idea."

"The old man and I will bring the pizza," Riggs rumbles which has Carter finally acknowledging him.

"Who are you?" Carter asks with narrowed eyes.

"My VP," my father proclaims, which has me arching a brow.

"I didn't know you have VP," I comment.

"Your Pere said Riggs helped him keep the club runnin' smoothly. Held church yesterday and he was voted in a ma vice-president," my father explains.

"Well, now looks like the Black Mamba will no longer be the Sargent-at-arms." Riggs looks at me with a mixture of shock and curiosity in his gaze.

"Come now, Mr. Black, you didn't honestly think I didn't realize who you were when I found out your name, did you?"

He gives me toothy rictus. "Now there's the Viper King."

"We need to get the kids to school," my father interrupts whatever Riggs was going to say next. "Let's go, Riggs."

Riggs stands, helping Katie out of my father's lap. "I'll see you tonight, madam Seraphim."

"Yeah. Later, Mamba, or should I say Wriggle," I tease.

He laughs. "I like the nickname Wriggle better anyway, cherub."

"That's what Papaw calls momma, Dare, and I!" Katie proclaims with her backpack looking up at Riggs.

He kneels to her level and gives her a saucy wink. "I know. I heard him call your momma that. Ready to go, Cherub Pop?" The combination nickname he gave her is adorable and has my heart melting.

This guy is blasting through my mental shields and barriers around my hardened heart. Damn him! If I let him in then I'll have to face how I feel about the members of Tempest. I felt betrayed for so long, I know the truth. Death Kings or prison, they had the option of only two tough choices. The thing is, talking with Carley, I learned Storm wants Tempest to be like C.H.A.O.S. That will not happen, because Grêle is mine. If they are going to thrive here rule, it's going to have to be by my side. That's the only option. If they fight me for control over this city, then I will have no choice but to end Tempest.

I hugged my children and father goodbye as he and Riggs left. I'm trusting a stranger with my children, but they will also be with my father, whom I trust the most in this world.

"Care to explain the biker who looked at you like you're the meal he wanted to eat?" Carter asks.

Oh, I guess he caught that!

He then sighs and then mumbles something about having to share me with one more person. "Storm is going to hate him," he comments, and I smirk.

"I know. It's going to be fun to watch them attempt to be on their best behavior when they meet tonight," I then cackle, while Carter shakes his head at me with a knowing smile.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 201 22
Aurelia- All my life I've been in the shadows of people around me. Keep my head low, Don't make eye contact and speak when spoken to. Deep down insid...
82.2K 4.8K 31
Callie It's been a long year. I like to think I've grown as a person and become someone I can be proud of. Still, a part of me is missing or rather f...
407 11 22
In a big city full of secrets . Teenagers living their life willing god damn it's their last year of high school . But it's all Maxi has ever known...
1.2K 55 17
Hell is the only thing I can think of when you ask me about my life. Having been tortured and abused since adolescence by not only my father but his...