The Different One | (Sweethom...

By Vscythe

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: This book may contain blood, gore, swearing, death, and incorrect grammar. If you don't like... More

THE DIFFERENT ONE
⚠️⚠️⚠️
Prologue
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
THE DIFFERENT ONE

CHAPTER 6

266 12 0
By Vscythe

[Chapter 6]

It has only been two days, and they have been using Hyun-Su for useless tasks, like asking him to fetch things from their apartments. They treat him as if he is emotionless and not human. I really dislike that Eun-Hyeok guy; he never considers other people's feelings.

"Are you okay? You don't have to do these kinds of stuff. Ugh, I really hate how they treat you. Do they think monsters don't have feelings too?" I said, feeling frustrated. "They're really getting on my nerves! Those damn bastards." I added, making a middle finger gesture. "Calm down, okay? I can handle this, and you don't have to help me, you know." he replied. "At least be grateful that I'm helping you, duh!" I retorted, rolling my eyes. "Aren't you scared of me? What if I turn right here and now?" he asked. "I don't care if you will turn. I can control those thi-" I stopped myself mid-sentence and covered my mouth. "Nevermind! Pretend you didn't hear that. Let's go!" I said, taking the lead.

⎯⎯

We finished our task and went to where Eun-Hyeok was. Hyun-Su placed the bag on the table and emptied its contents, revealing the batteries. He then left, and I decided to stay and have a word with Eun-Hyeok.

I watched Hyun-Su leave and made sure he was gone before slamming the table with my hand. "What do you think you're doing? Treating Hyun-Su like this? Everyone here treats him like he's some kind of robot that they can order around for their own selfish needs! Why don't you go and do it?" I said. "I know, but Hyun-Su is dangerous, and we need him." he replied. I took a deep breath and looked at him. "Just say that you don't care about other people and you only care about yourself. You're selfish." I rolled my eyes and walked away.

⎯⎯

I went to Hyun-Su's room and saw him handing the key to Du-Sik and opening the room. He then returned the key with the padlock and entered his room.

"Yo! You must be tired, huh? Take a break for a days. I have a feeling that tomorrow's work will be something." I said, locking the door and sitting beside him.

"I'm fine. You can just rest here, and you don't have to go with me if you're tired for coming with me everyday." he replied. I leaned closer to him and looked into his eyes. "W-what?" he asked. I backed off and sighed. "I don't get tired when it comes to you." I said, looking up at the ceiling. I glanced at him once again. "Because you're my best friend. Now, go to sleep, and I'll sleep here." I smiled at him, sat on the chair, and closed my eyes to get some sleep.

⎯⎯

I went to Hyun-Su's room with my hands in my pockets, and I saw those bastards giving Hyun-Su a piece of paper again. I knew it was another task they wanted him to grab in their apartment. "You damn bastards. Aren't you going to stop with these?" I asked, approaching them, they avoided my gaze and stepped back.

⎯⎯

Hyun-Su read the paper as the door opened, revealing Eun-Hyeok holding Hyun-Su's weapon. Hyun-Su flipped the paper and stood up, walking towards Eun-Hyeok to get his weapon, and I followed him.

Hyun-Su went ahead, and I looked at Eun-Hyeok, who was looking down at the floor. "Mark my words, once this stuff didn't stop, I don't know what I'm going to do to with all of you." I said, catching up to Hyun-Su.

⎯⎯

Hyun-Su and I were making our way up the stairs outside the building. Hyun-Su kept tying the fishing line everywhere we went to ensure it's safe and to track if there's a monster nearby.

We then headed to the residence's apartment to get what they asked for. Hyun-Su found the sunscreen and marked it off the list. We were about to leave when the bells started ringing and the balloons were popping so fast.

My heart was beating so fast and then Hyun-Su opened the door and the creature pushed us to the ground. I'm now on top of Hyun-Su. The creature is so fast, but I can still manage to see where it's going.

Third Person POV

(Y/n) was now on top of Hyun-Su and the creature was standing in front of them. Hyun-Su and (Y/n) fought the monster, and Hyun-Su's eyes turned black. (Y/n) looked at Hyun-Su. "Hyun-Su, can you please close your eyes and cover your ears?" (Y/n) asked, and Hyun-Su nodded and did what he was told.

(Y/n) eyes then turned black, and her pupils turned red. She whispered something, not letting Hyun-Su hear her. "Be gone." she said, and then the creature stopped and left. (Y/n)'s eyes returned to normal, and she looked at Hyun-Su. She removed Hyun-Su's hand from his ear. "It's okay now. Let's leave before the monster comes again." She then picked up her bag and left, with Hyun-Su following her and they get back to the first floor.

⎯⎯

(Y/n) POV

I looked at Hyun-Su, and his eyes still hadn't returned to normal. The door opened, revealing Eun-Yu. She looked at me and then at Hyun-Su, and she seemed a bit scared. "Move." I said, looking at her. She then moved aside. We made it down, but then we saw a lady beating her husband, who had turned into a monster.

Hyun-Su kept moving, looking at it, and I followed him. He then stopped and looked down at the blood. Hyun-Su's monster then appeared. "You'll end up like this too." it said and laughed at Hyun-Su, and then it disappeared. Hyun-Su dropped the bag he was asked to grab and walked away, with me following him.

⎯⎯

I was sleeping on a chair, and Hyun-Su was sleeping on a makeshift rock bed or whatever that is with a book as his pillow in the room where they had locked him. Suddenly, the door opened, which woke me up. I saw Eun-Yu and walked up to the chair beside Hyun-Su to sit. "What are you doing here?" I asked, but she ignored me and opened her book to read.

Third person POV

(Y/n) looked at Eun-Yu, who was reading, and then at Hyun-Su, who suddenly woke up. (Y/n) was about to say 'Hyun-Su.' but Eun-Yu cut her off. "Are you up now?" she asked Hyun-Su, and he looked at her. "I knew you were a pushover. Being a doormat is apparently in your blood. I was wondering, Hyun-Su. Who did that?" Eun-Yu took the flashlight on the chair and focused the light on Hyun-Su's hand, referring to the scars on his arm. "I did." Hyun-Su replied. "I mean, who made you do that to yourself?" she asked. "Because of me." Hyun-Su said, and Eun-Yu focused the light on Hyun-Su's face. "It's not because of you, you moron." she said. "Does it make you feel better to think that way?" She added, putting down the flashlight and stood up, facing Hyun-Su. "That's why everyone blames you. You have to throw a fucking huge fit so that we'll get you." she scolded Hyun-Su. "Does it hurt?" she softly asked. "Huh..." Hyun-Su groaned. Eun-Yu scoffed, "You were really groaning like a pussy." She then put one band-aid on Hyun-Su's scars. "I don't know where you were hurt, so you'll just have to stick these on yourself." she added and threw the box of band-aids. "I don't need them. I'll be fine--" Hyun-Su was cut off. "Make it obvious, Hyun-Su. "I got hurt because of you. It fucking hurt like hell!" Yeah? Why don't you get it?" She then left.

(Y/n) clapped her hands. "Wow! What K-drama am I watching right now? Isn't it so sweet?" She said and rolled her eyes. "What?" Hyun-Su asked her, feeling confused about (Y/n)'s actions. "It's nothing. Congratulations, you met your first love!" She said and clapped her hands again. (A/N: I can smell that (Y/n) is Jelly Jelly)

Then suddenly, Eun-Hyeok and Ji-su came. Eun-Hyeok started by saying, "We have to go outside. There's no guarantee we'll continue to be safe here. Nothing happened when we retrieved the corpses. The situation should have calmed down by now." "So?" Hyun-Su asked. "It's taking you longer and longer to recover. We don't know when you'll turn into a monster again." he said, looking at Hyun-Su. "You think I'm gonna harm you guys if I turn back into a monster?" Hyun-Su questioned. "There are monsters that don't harm people." Hyun-Su added. "So? How can you be sure you'll be one of them? A monster is a monster." Eun-Hyeok said as (Y/n) grabbed him by his collar, furiously. "At least becareful what you're saying, four eyes." she said, and Eun-Hyeok pushed her hands away.

"We don't have time. We must find a way to survive while you can still resist. I don't expect you to understand. Just do your job." Eun-Hyeok said to Hyun-Su. I grabbed my bag and got ready when Eun-Hyeok said, "You're not coming with him. You will stay here." He said. "Why not? It's very dangerous out there and this work will be difficult to Hyun-Su!" I shouted. "You stay here, (Y/n). I can handle this, so please trust me?" Hyun-Su said, and I nodded.

⎯⎯

Eun-Hyeok, Du-sik, and I were watching the security camera to keep an eye on Hyun-Su. Suddenly, he approached the camera and turned it up, making it impossible for us to see him. I started to worry, my heart is racing. I had a feeling something bad was about to happen. Then, we saw Hyun-Su being lifted into the air and hung upside down. "We need to go!" I hurriedly told them.

⎯⎯

I was with Eun-Hyeok, Sang-wook, Jae-Heon, and Ji-su. We decided to go down to the parking lot to rescue Hyun-Su. We scanned the area for any monsters, and Eun-Hyeok pointed out one of the cars where a monster appeared to be asleep. Jae-Heon was about to kill it when Eun-Hyeok stopped him. "I think it's asleep. Let's not wake it up." he said, and we continued walking until we find Hyun-Su. Then, we saw him hanging upside down, covered in a web and a slimy green substance.

We managed to get Hyun-Su down, but he was unconscious. Ji-su and Sang-wook carried him while Eun-Hyeok led the way, and Jae-Heon kept watch behind us. Ji-su groaned in pain and accidentally dropped her bat, making a loud metallic sound that woke up the sleeping monster. The monster immediately started running towards us.

The monster charged at Eun-Hyeok and threw him over the car. It then ran towards him. Eun-Hyeok attacked it, but the monster managed to dodge it. He looked at the monster and quickly shot it in the eye with the crossbow and Jae-Heon grabbed him down to the car.

END OF CHAPTER 6

VOTE &
COMMENT

THANK YOU FOR READING!♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.3K 2.9K 32
After her grandfather's passing, Hwang Ji-eun's family sends her to clear out his apartment at the Green Home apartment complex. However, she gets tr...
117K 3.3K 21
TW: graphic descriptions ...Sweet Home. A kdrama about the end of the world. One day when Hyun Su and Y/N wake up to the end of the world. What happe...
345K 15.5K 39
❝ when we get out of here and we're safe and away from this mess, let me take you on a date. ❞ ❝ is that a question or a statement? ❞ ❝ statement. ❞ ...
8.8K 474 15
"My mother told me not to elope with men like you.." "Men like me?" ... Cha Hye-Su, a girl with her bark worse than her bite, is one of the many s...