|Worked|

By SheWriteLove

*You choose your ending* "Oh Lani, sweet girl Lani. You don't get to have a say in what happens here tonight... More

Characters and Visuals
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN

ONE

9 0 0
By SheWriteLove

Ilana Lafeta's POV

"Neelan I'm not going to that party with them. I know exactly how it's going to play out; I'm going to get there and Tasha will criticize whatever I decide to wear and James will make me say "Hello" to a bunch of incompetent adults that I have never met before, I refuse," I said to Neelan, my driver.

Neelan has been my family's driver since before I was born, but he was more than just a "driver" to me. My parents own a multi-billion dollar company called "Latos" where they design different looks for celebrities you couldn't even begin to think of. I enjoy their money, that's all. From the moment I could remember they have passed me off to multiple home nannies which have never worked out given that the only person I respect is Neelan. He's like my best friend, only he's 43 and has a buzzcut.

I don't dislike my parents because they never pay attention to me, I dislike them because they only pay attention to me when its time for press or sappy events that they don't even want to attend. If I had the chance to choose my own parents it would be Neelan and his wife Cara.

"Well Lan I'm not sure what you want me to tell you. Your parents made it very clear to me that if you are not at that venue by 6:00pm on the dot that I would be driving for Uber. I love you, but I can't be seen driving for Uber." I chuckled at Neelan's joke. I knew he was joking but I knew my parents were not when they said they would fire him.

"I can get you a standard Tesla or Toyota for when you start working for Uber, because I am NOT going to this event." I said back. I was very persistent, but that was getting me nowhere and I knew it.

"Ugh I hate this life" I sighed

"This life got you a kick ass driver and paid for that Cartier LOVE bracelet" Neelan chuckled as he looked at me.

I sat back in the passenger seat and tried to take my mind off of this rich sadistic party they were making me attend tonight. I never sit in the back seat when it's just me and Neelan because to me he is just like any other regular person. If my parents knew I sat in the passenger seat though they would lose their mind. I don't particularly care about what they have to say to me, but I do care about that debit card.

"Lan we have 3 hours left until we arrive and if you continue to have an attitude the entire time this ride will not be fun for either of us. Your parents shouldn't force you to go to this event, but there is nothing I can do to change their minds" Neelan spoke trying to break the silence.

"Yep." I simply replied trying to tune him out by turning my AirPods up.

You can't convince me everyone who works in this family is not completely up my parents tight freshly bleached ass. Neelan gets the exceptions but sometimes he can be there too.

One hour left

Neelan and I have been silent since our last little dispute about tonight's event and I feel like I need some real air and space from him.

"Can you pull to a rest stop I really need to use the bathroom" I spoke.

"Yes, Ilana" Neelan finally spoke.

I just rolled my eyes as I watched him get off at the nearest exit and enter the lot of a rest stop. He only calls me by my full name when he is frustrated with my "behavior" but quite frankly I'm not letting this White man get under my skin.

As we parked and I stepped out of the car I searched for my other Ugg and after what felt like forever looking I finally found it and walked off into the building.

I stood at the vending machine trying to decide between a Raspberry or Lemon Gold Peak tea.

"Hi" a boy who looked around my age wearing a full Ralph Lauren tracksuit spoke to me.

Damn this boy is fine as hell, and I can't lie I usually don't go for light skin men but for him I would do some THINGS.

"Uh Hi?" I said in a questioning tone.

"Sorry beautiful I'm not trying to bother you or anything but I saw you standing here as I walked out of the bathroom and I had to come speak" he said.

"Well thank you" I said kind of uninterested in the conversation.

I prefer my men older I can't lie, and with my birthday being in a month all I can think about is the sexy men I will encounter.

Don't look at me like that, you like men who spit in your mouth and I'm wrong for liking older men? Oh okay.

"I'm Gavin" the pretty boy standing in front of me said. His pretty teeth showed a slight smile and his eyes seemed genuine and super Brown, they almost looked Black.

"Ilana, but most people call me Lani" I said back.

Before he could speak I interrupted, "I really hate to end this conversation so soon, especially because you're really attractive, but I have to go. My driver is waiting for me and he can be a bit of a Bertram when I take a long time" I spoke truthfully.

"It's cool beautiful, let me take your number so I can talk to you again" he said but rather than it sounding like a question he almost insisted.

I gave him my number and we parted ways. As I entered the car excited to tell Neelan about the boy I just encountered until I remembered we were not speaking. I took this as an opportunity to go on my way and just continue to sit in silence and ride until we got there.

Location: Aspen, Colorado

Time: 1:12pm

As I got out of the escalade and entered our Cabin I could smell dead beat parents near by.

Just as I thought that to myself I saw my mother Tasha coming down the stairs.

"Ilana dear you're finally here" she spoke as she walked up to me. I thought she was coming to give me a hug as she opened her arms; that was until she began to touch my face.

"Ilana honey you need to get more sleep, the bags under your eyes are deeper than the hole I burned in your fathers pockets this weekend in Paris" she chuckled very harshly as if her joke was actually funny.

I didn't find her joke appealing nor did I feel the need to speak to her. All I could think about was getting to my room and taking a nap.

The second she took her hands off of me I walked off quickly and headed to my bedroom to get away from her.

Just as I thought I was people free and able to just have "Me time" I heard my door crack open and for some odd reason I had a feeling I knew who it was.

"Ilana why are you laying down when you need to be getting ready??" my father questioned as he walked in and shut the door.

"It's not even 2:00pm and I have been sitting in a car for the last 12 hours. I deserve to lay in this bed" I said annoyed.

"You can sleep during the night time, but as of now you will get up and go down to hair and makeup. I will not repeat myself young lady." He said sternly.

I rolled my eyes and turned toward my window with my back facing him.

He is not about to storm in my room and tell me what to do as if I have to do what he says? He's lost his rabbit ass mind.

It wasn't until I felt a pull on my arm that damn near snatched me off of the bed and caused me to yell "ow" very loudly.

"Now Ilana you can have your attitude as long as you want but you will not ruin this evening for your mother and I. We have a lot of big people coming and you will be there and greet everyone I tell you to like the good daughter you are, understood?" my father said with gritted teeth and a look of seriousness.

"Let me go" I snatched my arm back and huffed in his face.

As he let me go and began to walk out the last thing he said to me was "6:00pm you will be there with a smile."

He should be lucky that I don't show up butt ass naked and sit this ass on the cake.

I headed down to hair and makeup about fifteen minutes later giving myself time to cool off, and I let my nerves relax as I sat in the chair and got dolled up.

Time: 4:52pm

Once my hair and makeup was done I headed to my room and began putting on my dress when I got a ding on my phone.

IMessage

*520-818-6861*: Hey beautiful, sorry it took me a while to reach out I've been on the road with my family too.

Ilana: Hey, no worries! I can't really talk right now I'm getting ready for this lame event. LMAO

*520-818-6861*: Go ahead beautiful, I hope you enjoy your night.

*Ilana hearted "Go ahead beautiful, I hope you enjoy your night."

End of Text

After I finished the small chat with Gavin I finished putting on my heels and I went to the mirror to look.

I headed down stairs to look for my parents who I assumed would be riding with me and Neelan and to no surprise they left without me and drove in the McLaren.

"I'm sorry Lan but your parents left already, I'll be dropping you off. The ride is expected to be about forty minutes so we need to leave" Neelan spoke with sincerity as he could see the annoyance on my face.

"It's fine. Can you take a photo of me for my Instagram?" I asked.

Neelan nodded and took my phone as he began to take photos of me.

Once he finished we headed to the car and once we got in I sat in the back and looked through my photos to decide which would make the feed.

"God it's going to be a long night"

Instagram: Ilanalafeta

Liked by Victoriamomet and 34,416 others

Ilanalafeta: Got b!tches tanning for this darkskin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's chapter one! Ugh while I was writing this I felt like it was too long but I honestly prefer when a story is longer and more descriptive, rather than shorter and less details. I loved adding in the little stuff like text messages and the Instagram post from that night! 

What do you guys think so far? Are you liking how long and descriptive it is or should I gag you guys and make these pages short as fuck LOL. Anyways leave suggestions and thoughts so I can take the feedback and improve.

Also don't get in those comments trying to be funny because I will gag the fuck out you real quick, don't forget that I am human first.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 35 4
Alessia Octavia Andino was already surrounded by love, family and money the moment she was born. Being the mafia princess with 7 older brothers meant...
250K 5.1K 52
(MATURE CONTENT/MAFIA ROMANCE) #Series3 Previously known as 'a white lie' This is a third book to a three part series, you do not have to read the o...
96K 1.9K 36
The ideal life after high school is going to college, getting your degree and getting a good paying job. But Alessio Giuliani had other plans for me...
45.4M 285K 22
The Mafia and His Angel, a love story of a lifetime - a love story between two broken souls yet they found peace in each other. #1 in romance, with...