π’π­πžπšπ₯ 𝐌𝐲 𝐆𝐒𝐫π₯ || οΏ½...

By lilyboobear1

[My Life With The Walter boys s1] β”ŠπŸ–‡ πŸ’Œ κ’±βœŽα° A boy from Colorado and a girl from the city. A girl who was all... More

𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐩π₯𝐚𝐲π₯𝐒𝐬𝐭
#⁰⁰
#⁰²
#⁰³

#⁰¹

728 16 3
By lilyboobear1

STEAL MY GIRL
chapter one ————— welcome to colorado

AS JACKIE AND I ARRIVED at the airport, we brought our luggage over to the side by a sign that said, 'Welcome to Colorado.'

Who knew so much could change in just little time. But maybe something great will come out of it, right?

There were many things I was healing from. It was hard to trust people and to move to a new place filled with people I would eventually have to trust scared me.

Jackie pulls out her phone as it began to ring. When she answered the phone Uncle Richard's face popped up.

"Hi, Uncle Richard," Jackie and I both said in unison.

"Hey," he smiles at us, his face full of concern. "Was your flight okay?"

"Fine," I mumble as I glance around the airport.

We haven't been off the plane less than a minute and it already felt so different than home.

Uncle Richard pauses for a moment, "are you guys doing okay?"

Jackie let's out a small 'yes' as our Uncle Richard continues. "Listen, I'm sorry I couldn't come with you girls to meet the Walters. I—"

"I think I see them," I whisper out, not meaning to cut him off. "I think we better go."

"[Y/n]," Uncle Richard calls out to me, bringing my attention back to the phone. "I know this is a big change for you both. Keep your head up. I'm here whenever you need me."

Once we said our byes, Jackie hung up and stuffed her phone in her pockets. "Do you remember anything about them?"

I softly shake my head as I watch them walk in our direction. "Not really. There's only one thing I remember most."

I subtly pull out a picture that was stored in my jacket pocket. A picture of a little girl placing a small kiss on a blonde boys cheek.

I flip over the picture and read over the words once more. [Y/n] and Cole, 2 years old.

"[Y/n]! Jackie!" Katherine calls out to us, pulling my attention away from the picture.

I quickly shove the picture back in my jacket pocket, smiling as Katherine brings me into a hug.

"I'm so happy you both are here," she says, holding onto me tightly.

For a moment I appreciate the embrace, wanting to feel warm and safe forever.

When Katherine finishes embracing us both, she points to her husband. "Remember George?"

I nod my head, giving him a polite smile, "I remember."

"Hi, George," Jackie greets also giving him a smile.

Things were a bit awkward, we've never been in this situation before. We weren't sure what to say, or how to act.

Katherine stands in the middle of Jackie and I as George pulled our luggage. "H—How was everything? Was the flight okay?"

"Yeah," I nod my head, looking up at her. "It was okay."

Katherine looks between Jackie and I, "do you girls need anything before we go? Something to eat or coffee?"

"We're okay," we gently say simultaneously, trying our hardest to make things as comfortable as possible.

✿✿✿

As we drove down the road to the ranch, I took notice of all the beautiful trees. It was calming and peaceful.

I took my phone out, scrolling through my feed when I click on a timeline about New York News.

"And as New York Fashion Week gets off to a fabulous start," my earbuds repeat as the video continues on.

"The industry paid tribute to fashion designer Angelica Howard, her husband, and eldest daughter who six months ago, tragically—"

I quickly shut off my phone, pulling out my earbuds as I take a deep breath, trying to calm my racing thoughts.

Instead, I look out at the view besides me. All the green and the beautiful blue sky.

After a few more minutes George pulls up in front of the house. Mr. Walter steps out of the car, opening the car door for Jackie and I.

I step out, my eyes immediately admiring their home. A smile found it's way to my lips as I think of all the stories I've heard.

"Let's get you girls inside," Katherine tells us, standing by the steps of the porch. "We'll introduce you to everyone."

Jackie and I make our way to the porch as Katherine answers a phone call. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a boy wearing a bucket hat passes us.

"Move!" He calls out as he continues to ride his skateboard on the porch.

I instantly try to stifle a laugh at Jackie's face but she catches it, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Hi," a boy sitting off to the side catches our attention next. He points to himself, "Danny."

"[Y/n]," I reply giving him a small smile.

I then nudge Jackie to do the same. "Oh, I'm Jackie."

Katherine makes her way to us, opening the front door and allowing us to step inside.

George rolls our luggage through the hallway as a small boy rushes out of the den. "Whoa! Whoa! Benny, stop running."

"I'm not running!" The little boy yells back as he disappears around the corner.

George then paused by the room Benny just ran out from. Two teenage boys sat in front of the TV playing some kind of video game.

"Guys, can you stop that for a second?" He asked the teens.

One boy in particular stands up setting his controller down on the coffee table. "This is Jackie, and [Y/n]. Girls, that's Alex and Isaac."

"What's up?" Issac immediately greets a small smile etched on his face.

Alex, on the other hand, stood there quietly staring at both Jackie and I.

"I got another bag in the truck if you can go grab it," Mr. Walter says, snapping Alex out of his trance.

"Yeah, sure thing," he agrees, walking towards us. He stops right in front of us, stretching out his arm for us to shake. "Hi"

Jackie shakes his hand first, smiling at him, "hello."

Alex turns to me his hand in front of me, I hesitate before reluctantly shaking his hand. "It's nice to meet you."

George continues to lead us straight, talking as he does so. "Straight ahead is the kitchen. I'm going to take these up to your room."

"Thank you," I say, watching as he lugs our stuff up the stairs.

As we reach the kitchen, Katherine hands both Jackie and I a glass of lemonade. She continues on a call asking questions about the animals condition.

I glance at the pictures that hang near the staircase. One picture of Katherine and our mom at graduation caught my eye.

I smiled upon seeing the picture before Katherine ended her phone call. "I'm so sorry. I have to go"

Once again Katherine is interrupted but instead she seems pleased. "Jackie, [Y/n], this is Will. Will, this is Jackie and [Y/n]. Will's our oldest and he's the best."

"Welcome," Will greets shaking each of our hands. I faintly remember Will but not as much as I would've expected.

"Honey," Katherine starts, glancing between us all. "I have to go to the clinic. So can you take over and get them settled in? They've already met, um..."

She takes a moment to recall before listing her family off. "Danny, Issac, Alex, and, um..."

"Benny."

Katherine gathers her stuff, apologizing once more for leaving so suddenly. "I promise I'll be back as soon as I possibly can."

"Don't worry. I hope the dogs okay," Jackie replies, waving bye as Katherine heads out the door.

Once George returns from dropping our suitcases off upstairs, he steps forward, heading for the door behind us. "And, hey, Jackie, [Y/n]. I'm always around here somewhere. If you need anything, call me, okay?"

Suddenly, the boy with the skateboard from earlier rolls through the kitchen. "Uncle George, wait for me!"

"So, the Tony Hawk wannabe is Lee," Will laughs as he watches George close the door behind them.

I set my lemonade down, trying not to laugh at Jackie's reaction again. "We've met."

Will takes us up the stairs to show us the layout of the house as well as meet the others. He knocks on a door before telling us to walk in.

Another boy sat on the floor with a guitar in his hands. "Nathan, this is Jackie and [Y/n]."

Nathan stands up, smiling at us both, "It's nice to finally meet you two."

"Thanks, you too," Jackie smiles back, glancing at the guitar in his hand.

Will then takes us back downstairs leading us outside, into the backyard. Jackie attempts to keep up, pulling at my arm to slow down.

"Just so you know," Will starts off, turning to us slightly. "I'm hard of hearing, so if I'm not looking at you or there's a lot of background noise, I won't understand you."

"Okay, thank you."

We stop in front of the pool deck as Will paused the music. "Hey, everyone, this is Jackie and [Y/n]."

"Hi, guys," I greet, waving towards the kids. One boy holds a camera, filming us directly.

"Hey!"

Will goes on to introduce them to us. "That's Parker over there, and that's Benny.

All of sudden, a figure comes out of the pool, shaking off his hair as if he was in a movie of some kind.

I can't help but stare at him, immediately recognizing his face. Cole Walter.

I watch as he stares back, a smirk plastered on his lips. He lays down on a lawn chair, turning to glance at us once more.

"Care to introduce yourself?" Will questions as he raises his eyebrows at his brother.

Cole only smirks harder, his eyes never faltering from mine. "She'll figure it out."

I already have.

"That's Cole," Will answers, glancing back at Jackie and I.

The boy with the camera from earlier, rushes towards us, filming us from all sorts of directions.

"Um, hi."

"Jordan, aspiring film director," Will introduces, watching him walk circles around us. "Leave them alone, Jordan. Come on."

As soon as Jordan walks away from us a dog jumps out of the pool. The dog stops in front of us shaking off and sending water splattering all over us.

"Albert, no!" Will shouts as the dog runs away from us. "I'm so sorry."

I giggle as I watch Albert run in the opposite direction. I've always wanted a dog.

I look over and see Jackie wrapped in a towel. "It's just water, J."

"Come on, I'll show you guys to your room upstairs," Will gently says as he leads us back inside.

Before Will walks up the steps of the porch, he looks back at Cole, "hey, start bringing their stuff upstairs. Okay?"

A moment of silence prompts Will to look back at his brother in astonishment. "Cole?"

"I heard you."

Will leads us up the stairs looking back at Jackie as she asks a question. "Will, how many of these kids are George and Katherine's?"

"Oh, you didn't know," he mutters confused but replaces it with a smile. "All of them. There's eight of us kids. Plus Lee and Isaac are cousins on Dad's side."

"Our Uncle Richard said you had a big family, but I mean, I had—" Jackie cuts herself off as we made it to the top of the stairs. "Wait, you all live here?"

I purse my lips, nudging Jackie in the arm as she's starting to sound a bit rude.

Will only smiles at us, shaking his head, "I live in town with my fiancée, Hayley, but everyone else, yeah."

Will opens a door for us, leading us in the room. "This is your room. It used to be my Mom's art studio."

"Wow," I whisper as I admire the mural on the wall and a few paintings that were displayed.

There were two beds in the room, my luggage on one and Jackie's on the other. A box dropping on the ground startled me as I turned around with my brows furrowed.

Cole stood there with a smile on his face, looking at Will. "Will, are you going to help? There's a ton of stuff to bring up."

"I can help," I offer, looking at Cole then to Will.

Will only shake his head, walking pass us as he does. "No. You guys make yourself at home, okay?"

When Will leaves Cole stays behind for a moment, staring at me with curiosity in his eyes. "Yeah, don't worry about it, New York."

I can't help but stare as he leaves. There's something about him that makes me so intrigued.
But I can't and I won't.

I vowed to leave all boys behind. No more relationships and no more falling for people who didn't deserve it.

I take off my coat and toss it on my bed, opening my luggage.

"How do you think we'll fit in?" Jackie asks me, her face filled with concern.

I sigh, giving her a small smile, "I'm sure we'll be okay."

"You mean, you'll be okay?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I question, my hands becoming shaky at her tone.

"You're good at this," Jackie whispers, fixing me with a look. "At fitting in, at people liking you and enjoying your company."

"Jackie, I promise you everything will be okay. Let's just unpack, okay?" I try to reassure as much as possible.

✿✿✿

I lay in my designated bed, watching as Jackie finished setting her things away. She places a family photo of us on the nightstand and I can't help but smile.

A knock on the door pulls me away from my thoughts. "Girls, it's me. Can I come in?" Katherine asks, waiting until she got the okay.

"Sure," Jackie calls out, turning away from the drawers to look at Katherine.

"Will told me about what happened at the pool," She begins with a long face. "I'm so sorry about Albert. He just gets really excited sometimes."

"He was adorable," I compliment, giving her a smile as I sit up in the bed.

Katherine smiles upon hearing my words. "So how are you settling in? Can I get you anything."

She takes a moment to look around the room, her brows furrowed. "I'm sorry that there's not more room up here yet."

"It's fine," Jackie says, trying to ease Katherine.

I push myself off the bed to stand, "really, it's okay. We're sorry we're taking up your space."

"Oh please," Katherine sighs, chuckling softly. "I do not have time to paint anymore with all the kids running around."

I watch as Katherine moves a few isles out of our way, trying to make as much space as possible.

"How'd it go with the surgery?" Jackie asks, curious to hear about how the dog's doing.

Katherine picks up a box with paints, placing it back on a self. "It went well. Turns out Bo had a really bad ear infection. He's going to be fine but it was bothering him, and it was bothering his owner."

Jackie and I smile at her words. "Did you study veterinary medicine at Columbia? I saw the picture of you and my mom."

"No. Uh, I got my first degrees at Columbia, and then I went to vet school at Colorado State," She informs us, excited I had asked her that question. "It was such a long time ago."

I chuckle at her words as I feel her glance between Jackie and I. "You girls are so much like her."

"Everyone says that," Jackie replies, her face full of happiness.

"But Lucy looks—" I pause myself, hearing my words out loud. "Lucy looked more like Dad."

Katherine has this look on her face I can't quite place. "It's not just your looks. You both have her poise. Her... bearing."

I wasn't sure if it was true or not. In my eyes, our mother was amazing but I never saw her in myself. Hearing it reassures me I still have apart of her with me. 

"She talked about you two and Lucy all the time," Katherine sighs, her mind going back to the memory.

I smile at her, nodding my head in excitement. "She talked about you too."

Katherine smiles sadly as she looks down at her hands. I can tell she's trying to keep her composure.

"So, how come I hadn't met you before the funeral?" Jackie questions curiously, tilting her head at Mrs. Walter.

Katherine looks up at me, laughing quietly. "Actually, the last time we met was when your Mom was pregnant with you. [Y/n] was only two years old then."

Katherine recalls that day, it's written on her face. I don't quite remember it but I know it was fun, so carefree.

"You and Cole were attached at the hip," she tells me, giving me a huge smile.

I try not to react to her words because they shouldn't make me feel happy... but they do. The reality is I have no clue who Cole Walter is.

Jackie turns to me, eyeing me as she remembered our conversation at the airport. I hadn't told her about the picture but she's always been good at piecing things together.

"But then it got so hard for your mom and me to get together." Katherine admits, reminiscing about those times. "We'd manage every couple of years, but we talked on the phone and we'd text."

"The last time I saw her, she was at Telluride for that film she did the costumes for," Katherine explains. "I was actually planning a trip to come see her when... the accident happened."

At the mention of the accident the air grows tense. I sat down on the bed trying not to think too much about it.

Katherine makes her way to me, sitting besides me as she looks between Jackie and I. "I know coming here is hard for you two. And I cannot even begin to imagine what you're going through. But you know it's what your mom wanted."

I extend my hand to Jackie for her to hold as Katherine continues, "I mean, your Uncle Richard loves you but he travel so much for work and your mom really wanted you to have a stable family around you. You get that, right?"

I immediately nod my head in agreement. "We know that, we do."

"I loved your mom," Katherine whispers as tears well up in her eyes. "And we made a promise to each other that we would always be there for each other's families if they ever needed us. And I wanna be here for you both if you'll let me."

I smile at her words, squeezing Jackie's hand in the process. "We appreciate that a lot, Katherine. Thank you."

After a moment Katherine stands up, gesturing for us to get up too. "Are you hungry? We're about to have dinner."

I look at Jackie trying to see how she feels so I don't leave her handing. "Not really, we're pretty tired from the flight."

"Okay," Katherine tells us softly. "Just come down if you change your mind."

We both nod at her words, watching as she walks out of the room closing the door behind her.

"I have a feeling things are going to get interesting," Jackie comments, squeezing my hand once more before letting go.

✿✿✿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
608K 37K 101
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
240K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1.1M 48.8K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC