The Malfoys and Me

By FredTheFunOne

So I'm writing this in honor of my 12 year old self, who played out this fanfic with a friend at church camp... More

1. Diagon Alley
2. Wands and Rivalries
3. The Train
4. The Sorting
6. Conversion at Breakfast
8. Homework in the Common Room
11. Winter Holidays
12. About the Homework...
13. To Break a Record
15. Reunited
16. Studies, Stress, and Sneaking Out ~Part 1~
17. Studies, Stress, and Sneaking Out ~Part 2~
18. First Flight
20. An Unhappy Reunion ~PART 1~
21. An Unhappy Reunion ~PART 2~
22. Care of Magical Creatures
25. Steve
28. Steve Shenanigans
29. Quick Overview of the End of the Year Because I'm Lazy
32. Hogsmeade
33. Extracurricular Activities...
36. Quidditch Sub
24. A Summer with the Malfoys
25. Summer Activities

35. The Road to Animagi

3 1 0
By FredTheFunOne

"This is it," you say, holding the final step to the animagus process in your hand; a blood-red potion you've been brewing in the Room of Requirement for exactly a week. "All we have to do is drink this, and we'll find out which animal we'll be able to turn into!"

"So let me get this straight," Scorpius says, holding his uncorked potion as well. "We'll drink this, feel a sudden, fiery pain, and then see the animal we can now turn into in our minds?"

"Yep," you say, a bit apprehensively, "and then we'll only have to say, Amato Animo Animato Animagus to turn into that animal."

"Cool," he says, and laughs nervously. You look up at him and see his pale face is some shade of green, and you imagine yours is as well. Fiery pain is not exactly anyone's idea of a fun time, you think, looking down distastefully at the potion in your hands. Well, we've come this far... "Bottoms up?" you look up at Scorpius and see him grinning nervously at you as if in question.

"Bottoms up." You confirm, returning his smile. You take a deep breath. I hope this isn't awful, you think, and down the potion in one gulp. For a moment, nothing happens, and you're both relieved and worried. What happened? You think, your brows furrowing in concern and confusion.

"Did it... not work?" Scorpius asks, looking over at you. "What— Gahhhhhh!" Scorpius doubles over in pain, clutching the wall of the Room of Requirement (which grows a hand-hold obligingly).

"Score?" you ask anxiously. "Are you O— Ahgh!" you yell, dropping to the floor which is now covered in pillows to break your fall. You close your eyes and clutch your head, your fingers digging into your skull. Unfortunately, 'fiery' was a very good description of the pain you're currently in; your eyes feel like they might burst into flame at any moment, and you can feel a painful second heartbeat starting in your chest. You roll over on your side, reaching for something, anything to give you comfort. You hear Scorpius groan next to you, and reach out for him. Your hand finds his, and you feel him clutch it, obviously as eager for comfort as you are.

You and Scorpius sit there for a minute or two, letting out the occasional whimper. You curse yourself again and again for thinking up this crazy idea. Stupid, stupid! You think to yourself as another wave of hot pain hits you right at the base of your skull. This was all your idea! Now we're probably going to die, and— your train of thought is cut short as Scorpius lets go of your hand and you hear him give an amazed gasp.

"S-scorpius," you manage to choke out, "what's going—" and then your head whips back onto the padded floor and you let out a gasp of your own. In your mind's eye, you can actually see your pain and double heartbeat leaving the rest of your body and being condensed into a swirling silver mist in the forefront of your mind. Out of the mist steps a large, regal-looking animal it takes you a moment to place. The animal is obviously feline, with a thin body and silver-black fur with white-silver flecks on its back. Its ears are large and tasselled, just like its tail which looks like a lion's tail. Your eyes widen as you look into the animal's [your eye colour] eyes.

It's a kneazle! You realise, thinking back to your mum describing the one she'd had as a child.  You remember that they can sense if someone is lying or hiding something, and wonder if you'll get those powers as well. The kneazle in your mind nods slowly to you, and walks right out of your mind, taking the pain and irregular heartbeat with it.

You open your eyes, lying on the ground and panting for a few moments, but you feel invigorated instead of tired like you expected. A slight smile touches your lips as you look at the ceiling metres above you. At least I can turn into a magical creature, and not just a normal one. After a second, you think, I wonder what Scorpius can turn into? You look to your left where he was just a few minutes ago, but he isn't there!

You sit up suddenly, looking around anxiously, but you see him standing in the centre of the absolutely colossal room the Room of Requirement made for you, and you relax.

"Hey Malfoy," you shout over to him, "what's your animagus form?" he looks over at you, a distracted look clouding his grey-blue orbs.

"Hm?" he says absentmindedly. "Oh, that. Ha." he grins and rubs the back of his neck with a hand. "Well, funny story..."

"Show me!" you demand gleefully, getting to your feet.

"You first," he laughs, "but stay there, I'll need a bit of space."

"Alright," you say, though you wonder what animal would need that much space to turn into. You close your eyes and reach for the memory of the kneazle in your mind. You take a deep breath, and say, "Amato Animo Animato Animagus!" the second you utter the last word, you can feel the world shifting around you. You open your eyes, and are surprised to see you're sitting with your head at about a metre high. Wow, I sure am a big cat, you think with a toothy smile. You look over at Scorpius, and are surprised to see an aura that can only be described as 'trustworthy'. So I did inherit the kneazle's magical abilities. You morph back into your human form, and smirk playfully at Scorpius, "Your turn, Malfoy." you say, leaning against the wall and crossing your arms.

Scorpius grins over at you as well. "A kneazle! Pretty cool, Bec. Now check this out! Amato Animo Animato Animagus!" you watch as Scorpius' body begins to grow and elongate, even growing extra limbs! You marvel as you realise the 'extra limbs' are actually a tail and two wings. In less than twenty seconds you're staring at a welsh green dragon about 5 metres long. The dragon—Scorpius—looks over at you with a toothy grin of his own.

"Woah!" you give a bemused laugh, running over to his side and running a hand down his scaly back. "This is amazing, Score! Can you breathe fire, too?" he motions with his head for you to get behind him and you do, marvelling at the spines along your friend's back. Scorpius takes a deep breath in, and exhales a short burst of flame into an empty corner of the giant room. You gasp in delight and laugh. "That's amazing!" Scorpius shuts his mouth, ending the stream of flame, and brings his head level with yours. You smile as you see his eyes are the same grey-blue as ever. He morphs back into himself and grins at you.

"Your cat's pretty cool," Scorpius says with a cheeky grin.

"Shut up," you say through your smile, punching him on the arm. "It's nothing to a whole bloody dragon! Albeit not a full-sized one."

"Not full sized yet," Scorpius corrects with as much dignity as he can while nursing the arm you hit. "I'm still quite young; cut a dragon some slack, will you, Y/n?"

"Oh alright," you say pseudo-begrudgingly. "But only because you'd fry me if I didn't." you grin as he starts to stammer in protest. "It's alright Malfoy, don't get your tail in a twist," you laugh, going over to the potion bottles you left in the corner. "Are you glad I made you do this now?"

"Y-yeah," he says with a small laugh as he runs a hand through his short, wavy hair. "I guess I am."

"It's just too bad you're not big enough to ride," you say facetiously, "I wouldn't even have to use a broom to get around, I could just call you up. And just think of all the quidditch games you could win for the house team," you continue to tease him gleefully, "they'll make you a starter for sure!"

"Of all the things I could have been," Scorpius mutters under his breath, coming over to help you clean up the potion supplies, "I just had to be an easy to pick on, giant, fire breathing lizard. I could've been a dog, or a niffler even, but noOoOoOoo," he says, drawing out the word and making you snort softly. "I just had to be a dragon."

"Good thing I'm only a glorified giant cat," you say, finishing picking everything up, "there aren't a lot of jokes you can make about kneazles."

"I'll find a way, Bec," Scorpius mutters, "just you wait."

"I'll look forward to it," you say, standing up and going to the door of the Room of Requirement. You look back at the giant room. "Thanks, room!" you yell as Scorpius joins you and you leave quietly for the common room with more dragon-related jokes on your side, and lots of grumbling and muttering on his.

**A/N**
PHOTO DUMP!!

Scorpius' size compared to Y/n at the time of this chapter is the smallest one:

An AI rendering of Scorpius and his dragon form at 14 years old (the time of this chapter):

Scorpius and his dragon form at 16 years old (AI):

Y/n and her kneazle form at 14 (AI):

I am TOTALLY, 100% not starting to enjoy writing this horrible, long, TERRIFYINGLY ABSURD fic.

...totally.

don't expect the quality to go up tho.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 87K 40
It's dark in the closet, I can just vaguely see his features and realise how close we're standing. Like, really close. My chest is toughing his and m...
190K 4.2K 42
‼️ to everyone seeing this book on their recommended, welcome to my account :) I'd like to say that this is the first book I ever wrote, hence it is...
70.9K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...
335 23 29
No longer rewriting. However, this story is cringe. I may make a similar story to it eventually. 😅 ⚠️ Disclaimer! ⚠️ I don't own any of the Harry P...