The Secret Life of Malia Dall...

By simplicational

Malia Dallas has hid herself behind closed doors for three years trying to find a way to get rid of the guilt... More

The Secret Life of Malia Dallas
Chapter 1 - Chanter
Chapter 2 - Se Casser
Chapter 3 - S'amuser
Chapter 4 - Les Garçons
Chapter 5 - Feu D'artifice
Chapter 6 - Citations
Chapter 7 - L'hockey de la rue
Chapter 8 - Cuire
Chapter 9 - Avions
Chapter 10 - Mes Livres
Chapter 11 - Végétarien
Chapter 12 - Le Premier Jour
Chapter 13 - Découvert
Chapter 14 - Pardonné
Chapter 15 - De Harry Potter
Chapter 16 - Réponses
Chapter 17 - NAFs
Chapter 18 - La Plage et Nouveaux Amis
Chapter 19 - Idées
Chapter 20 - Mi Familia
Chapter 21 - Voyager
Chapter 22 - Faire du Shopping
Chapter 23 - Meilleurs Amis
Chapter 24 - Bibliothèque
Chapter 25 - L'hôpital
Chapter 26 - Librairies et Café
Chapter 27 - S'endormir
Chapter 28 - Insomnie
Chapter 29 - S'embrasser
Chapter 30 - S'évanouir
Chapter 31 - Gags et les coeurs brisés
Chapter 33 - Questions et Impressions
Chapter 34 - Gâteau
Chapter 35 - Anniversaires
Chapter 36 - La Farce D'ultime
Chapter 37 - Lo Incontro
Chapter 38 - Les Aveus et Les Histoires
Chapter 39 - Recuerdos
Chapter 40 - La Glace et des Oreillers Moelleux
Chapter 41 - Avec Moi
Chapter 42 - Simplement en Regardant
Chapter 43 - Merci
Chapter 44 - Les Petites Choses
Chapter 45: Surprendre
Chapter 46: Au Revoir
Chapter 47: My Little Secret
Chapter 48: Insostituibile
Chapter 49: Peleas de Helado
Chapter 50: Leugens
Chapter 51: Amigas
Chapter 52: Le Projet
Chapter 53: White
Chapter 54: Mort
Chapter 55: Normalite
Chapter 56: Coming Home
Chapter 57: 11 days
Chapter 58: Reunions
Chapter 59: Photonaf Diaries
Chapter 60: Omaha
Chapter 61: You're Mine
Chapter 62: Happy Birthday
Epilogue

Chapter 32 - Danser Sous La Pluie

3.2K 54 25
By simplicational

Chapter 32: Danser Sous La Pluie

Malia's POV

I woke up to sunshine in my eyes. I wasn't exactly happy that God was deciding to shine his light directly in my eyes but I got up anyways. I checked the time and it was 7:44am. Okay so the guys probably aren't up. I don't know what we are going to do. I grabbed my phone and went on twitter.

@MaliaIDallas: Things to do in Chicago?? Tweet #ChicagoForMalia

I sent the tweet out and checked out some of the ideas. Most of them said I love you. Or follow me. I followed some people and favorited some tweets. They had some good ideas. I eventually decided that maybe I didn't want to do too much today. I really wanted to go swimming but this stupid cast wouldn't let me. I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom. I washed my face off. No makeup. I wasn't going anywhere. I kind of want Starbucks. I check the guys. Their all asleep. I quickly grab my phone and locate the closest Starbucks. It was about 1.3 miles away from the hotel. That's not far. I checked the weather and it is currently 67 degrees. The high was 76 degrees. I grabbed some clothes that looked like they would keep me warm.

I went into the bathroom and took off my pajamas. They were just grey sweatpants and my diamond company supply sweatshirt. I put on a pair of black skinny jeans, a plain white V-neck, and my army jacket I got from GAP. I then put on just normal white ankle socks. I pulled on my Harry Potter converse. I brushed my hair then did a few French braids and put it into a side ponytail then I grabbed my Chanel backpack and put my wallet and phone in it. I had recently changed my phone case to one that was Willy Wonka's golden ticket. I then went and found some paper. I then wrote out 10 times.

Went to get y'all Starbucks! 8:02am –Malia

I then posted 3 in each room all over the place. Then the last one I stuck on the joined doors. I then grabbed my penny board and left the room. I hopped onto my board when I got into the hallway and rode it down in the elevator. I then boarded out of the hotel. On my phone it said the Starbucks was a few blocks to the right and then you take another right and go for a few more blocks and it is somewhere there. Let's hope I do this right. I boarded for about 8 blocks then took a right. I boarded for another 3 blocks when I spotted the Starbucks just a few blocks away. When I reached the Starbucks it was 8:23am. Okay. Well this might take a bit longer than I thought. I rolled into Starbucks and thankfully it wasn't that busy. I gave the lady my phone and she read off the orders without a second glance. I paid for it and asked for a coffee traveler and she gladly obliged. As I waited for the drinks I went onto twitter.

@MaliaIDallas: PURPLE IS A DUCK FROM A SCALE OF SPARKLES TO 100!!!! 

I was in a really random mood. I looked up and saw that all the drinks were packed in the coffee container. I thanked the guy who had done it and then I boarded out. I had to skate slower but not too slow. I remembered that it was 6 blocks down this street then go to the left and go 8 or until you find the hotel. I managed to get to the hotel at 8:56. Well hopefully the guys aren't up yet. They shouldn't be that worried. I mean I have only been gone like an hour. I rolled into the elevator and rode up to the top floor. Thankfully no one got on. I rolled out and entered my room. The guys were all there but they didn't look worried so that made me happy.

"I got Starbucks!" I shouted and they all instantly rushed over to me. I handed them their drinks and they thanked me. I wasn't sure what we were going to do today. Maybe it would be a chill day.

"What were you guys planning on doing today?" I ask them. They all shrug. Maybe I should film a video. "Cam can I borrow your camera?" I ask him.

"Sure, are you going to film a video?" He asks.

"Yup," I say popping the 'p'. I went into his room and I grabbed it and the tripod. I decided I wanted to do it outside because while it was a bit chilly it was nice and I didn't really want to be in a room with all the guys while I tried to film a video. I walk outside onto the patio and set it up the tripod. Then I put the camera on it. I turn it on and sit in front of the camera on one of the chairs.

"Hey guys. It's Malia. Okay so I think it has been roughly a week since my last video. I need to get my crap together. Comment below what day of the week I should make videos. Let's get your stuff together Malia. Okay anyways. Today I decided to do a video discussing girl's clothing. All my ladies out there you feel me. Let's get right to the point. Jeans. Pants. Where are my front pockets? I buy pants so I don't have to wear skirts. SO I CAN HAVE FREAKING POCKETS! Yet you guys feel the need to sew them shut. Or if they do include pockets you can barely fit a speck of dust in them! What makes me even more upset is when they don't give you back pockets either. Give this video a thumbs up if you understand the struggle," I say making a thumbs up.

"Okay however that moment when you buy a sweater, skirt, dress, or any clothing item and it has pockets your just like. JESUS WAS HERE! Honestly having pockets is like a gift from God," I tell them. "Another thing, this is just for clothing in general. But why are clothes so EXPENSIVE? I mean I get that it costs money to make certain clothing but come on since when did a shirt have to be $29.99 you aren't fooling anyone with all those 9's. Black Friday is more like the day when everything is actually sold for what it's worth. Honestly. I also hate that merch is so expensive for you guys. It shouldn't be. $40 sweatshirts? $20 shirts. I mean it isn't awful however it definitely isn't cheap. Anyways. Moving on from that. You know that moment you have when you are shopping and you go into the changing room to try on a dress and you put it over your head but then it doesn't go past your boobs and you have this mental freak out. Then you realize you have 3 options. 1) Have someone find you and you take the humiliation 2) You panic that you are going to die in this position 3) Grin and bear it and you shove the dress over your boobs. I usually go through option two and then I realize I don't want to end up with option one so I go to three," I tell them as I list the options.

"We all have those moments in the store when you take something into the changing room and when you try it on you hear it stretch and you're just like, 'oh crap now I actually have to buy this hooker top. I was only trying it on for fun,' haha. I don't try on hooker tops on but you get my point you try something on and you hear it rip, even though it didn't actually and you have that small panic attack that you have to pay for it," I say while laughing. "Oh my god I am weird, I'm in one of those moods today. You saw my tweet earlier. Comment below what you think about purple being a duck on a scale of sparkles to 100," I tell them. "I just realized I don't like have any ideas. I am such an unprepared person..." I look around I then pick up the camera and point it at the view.

"Do you see that carrot at the bottom of the pool?" I ask pointing to the pool.

"NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE THERE ISN'T A POOL DOWN THERE!" I shout. I don't know what's wrong with me.

"Sorry guys I don't know what is wrong with me. Back to the video," I say and my face becomes serious but I start laughing. "Is it just me but when you shop they have the thing you want in every size BUT YOURS!" I say. "This might just be me, but I have this fear. When you are paying for something and I always think that it's going to be like 10 times more than it actually is and that I won't have enough money to buy it and I would go to jail," I say and end up looking in the distance.

"Well that's it for today's video, please remember to give it a thumbs up if you liked it and subscribe! I will put all of my social media in the description below. Alright I love you guys so much. Oh my god! I almost forgot. So I met this girl by the name of Natasha the other day and she told me her YouTube channel and I checked her out and she was actually pretty cool. I don't remember exactly what it was but I think it was Natashasmusic98. Don't quote me on that. But you guys should go and check her out. I will put a clip of one of her songs right here," I blew air kisses and then shut off the camera. I quickly took the SD card out of the camera and then I took the camera and the tripod into the room. I put Cam's stuff back. I then put the SD into my laptop. I plugged in my headphones and started editing the video. I took out my psychotic episode and I put in a clip of one of Natasha's songs at the end. I watched the video and chose an upbeat ukulele song to play in the background. I then tweeted about the video.

@MaliaIDallas: I just filmed a video I'm not going to post it now but maybe later today. Depends on what you guys want!

I sent the tweet out then put my phone to the side. I slid off my shoes as I got back into my bed. The guys were done with their Starbucks and I had filmed the video so I hadn't drank mine. Thankfully it was still warm. I shrugged off my army jacket because I wouldn't need it in bed. I then snuggled under the covers with my headphones in. I opened up safari and you want to know what I typed in?

YUP.

I was in the mood for action so I type in The Amazing Spider-man. (SPOILER ALERT) I saw the second one, however I did like it but I liked the first one better and I was upset that they killed her. (SPOILER ALERT OVER) I sunk into my bed and propped my laptop up on my knees and my chest. I started the movie and began to drink my coffee. Before the opening credits had even finished Matt came into bed with me. I smiled at him and got out another pair of headphones for him and a splitter. I looked at Cameron and he didn't even seem that bothered by it, he just didn't pay attention. I smiled at that. I laid my head on Matt's chest as we continued to watch the movie. I have to admit Andrew Garfield is hot. He and Emma Stone is adorable. However Andrew is 30 years old. LIKE HOW? He looks to be 21 or something, he could even pass for a 19 year old.

We finished the movie and Matt had fallen asleep at the very end. I chuckled lightly at his sleeping form but then I just took the time to watch him. His chest rising and falling. He looked so peaceful and calm. No worries. Nothing holding him back. He was free. His bed hair was sexy as hell. Even though I couldn't see his eyes I honestly could get lost in them more than Nash's. But that's probably just because I really like him. I just stared at him. The boy who was making me the happiest person on the planet.

I closed my laptop and gently removed his earbuds. I then removed mine and moved the laptop off of me. I then laid my head on his chest and snuggled closer to him. Thing is, he moved closer to me when I did this. I felt his arm instinctively move around my waist as I cuddled with him.

** ** ** ** ** **

I woke up to laughing. I lifted my head up to see Matt was awake but he was watching me sleep.

"Hey babe," He says his voice husky. He must have just woken up as well.

"Hey," I say with a smile and move the hair from my face. However that didn't work so well when it just fell back. Matt laughed softly but when I made a move to put it back he stopped me. He then pushed the piece back himself.

We just sat there staring into each other's eyes. Then Matt started to lean in and I leaned in too. My eyes closed and I presume his did too.

"You guys do realize we are still in the room," I hear Shawn say which causes me to jump in surprise. I didn't know they were still in here. I saw Matt roll his eyes but then out of nowhere he grabbed me and kissed me. It was a short kiss but longer than a peck. He didn't make it long for the people in the room, who I now noticed to be Shawn, Taylor, Jack G, and Carter. My cheeks were flushed and the guys were all smirking at me. I pulled back the covers and just walked to the bathroom, trying my hardest not to blush. Once I made it in there I closed the door and saw that my face was red. It looked like I had a rash I was blushing so badly. I decided to wash my face to see if that would get rid of the red.

"Matt how's it going with Malia?" Taylor says to Matt. I perk up at the sound of my name and listen quietly as they talk outside.

"I don't know how to describe it. She makes me extremely happy and I just always want to be around her, be there for her, provide for her... You know?" He says. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Or the blush. UGH.

"Man you are whipped," Carter says and I hear a slap that I assumed was a high five or he hit him on the back.

"Maybe I am whipped but I don't mind at all," Matt says with pride. AWWWWW. CURRENTLY FAN GIRLING.

"Oh my god dude, we could all tell you had it bad but you are whiplash itself," Carter says. I laughed quietly at that. But I didn't mind at all that Matt was whipped with me. That meant he cared. I decided I was done with eaves dropping and I made noise when I was grabbing the bathroom door handle so they would know to stop talking and it wouldn't be awkward. I walked out and they were all acting normal. Good. I walked over to my phone and picked it up to check the time.

12:25pm. Wow we slept for a decent period of time. I looked to the windows however the curtains were drawn.

"Why'd you guys close the curtains?" I ask them as I go over to open them.

"NO, don't do—," Carter starts but I had already pulled back the curtains. It was raining. I loved the rain. It never rained in California. I smiled.

"Why did you close the curtains? I love the rain!" I say to them with a smile and stare out of the rain.

"How can you love the rain? I hate that I get all wet," Shawn mutters.

"What, you've never had a shower before?" I ask him with a laugh. I returned to look out the large patio window. I bend over and take off my socks and I roll up my pants.

"What are you doing?" Matt asks as he comes to stand next to me.

"What does it look like? I'm going to go play in the rain," I say as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. The guys just looked at me like I was dumbfounded.

"Why do you like the rain so much?" Taylor asks. I paused before I answered.

"I don't really know. It hardly ever rains in California. I guess lack of seeing something makes you more interested. Like there are so many places I have never been and people I have never met but for some reasons I am in love with them. Same with snow, I have never seen snow before. Well at least actual snow. I have been to an indoor ice rink however it's never snowed. Even so, at the ice rink I couldn't stay very long," I say sadly.

"That makes sense," Taylor says. I smile. Then I open the door to the patio.

"Oh sh*t you were serious," Jack G says getting up. I laugh.

"Of course why would I joke?" I ask him rhetorically. I step out onto the wet patio. The rain was falling heavily and I was fascinated by it. I found rain extremely brave. As ridiculous as it sounds. However I find them the bravest thing that God created because they are never afraid to fall. That's why I am afraid to fall in love because almost everything that falls breaks. So maybe Matt and I could just be in love? Someday. I don't understand why the boys don't like rain. I was currently spinning in circles with a huge smile on my face and I was soaked to the bone.

"Why don't you guys like rain?" I ask them.

"Rain just seems sad, the sky clouds over and everything is a dull grey," Matt says.

"Well you have to realize that you can't always be happy in life and that in order to get the rainbow you need to go through the rain," I say. "Besides life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass it's about learning to dance in the rain," I say with a smile as I continue to dance while I laugh.

"Why does my sister look like a sociopath dancing in the rain?" I hear Cameron ask. I laugh and run over to the patio door where he is.

"Come on Cam!" I shout and grab his arm and pull him out into the rain. He immediately backs away like a cat in water. These guys just don't like rain. All of them, they aren't curious. It is weird. I mean you would think at least one of them likes rain. I watched as Cameron went back inside. I looked at the rest of the boys with a sad but hopeful face and they just looked back utterly confused. I turned to Matt and he looked confused as well but he had another emotion. Interest. He looked interested as to why I was so interested in the rain. I smiled and ran up to him.

"Take off your socks and shoes then roll up your pants," I tell him. He looks at me startled but does it nonetheless.

"Dude what are you doing?" Johnson asks him.

"I'm going to dance in the rain with my girlfriend,' He says with a proud smile. I pull him out into the rain with me and at first he hesitated but then he stepped out into the rain. I looked at him and he looked at the sky. He started to laugh, really laugh. I laughed with him. I ran to the edge of the balcony and leaned over. Not so that I would fall but so that I would see the ends of the world. I smiled. Rain made me high. I got so happy when it rained and it almost never rained in California. I remember when Ellen DeGeneres hosted the Oscars and they had recently had rain. She was like, "We're okay, we had some rain here in LA but we are okay now," She said. However it was funny because it made it sound like the movie stars who all live in LA were all stuck up which I found kind of funny but she didn't mean it in that way.

Matt wrapped his arms around me and picked me up and he started spinning me around in the rain. It was another movie moment. How many of these will I have? Honestly this moment.... I can't. Describing that moment would ruin the memory of that moment itself so I won't. I will merely yet you imagine what happened in that moment.

Matt set me down and we smiled at each other. He leaned his forehead against mine and we were just standing there in the rain. Hola cliché, I saw you like yesterday. Then I did it. I DID IT. NOT MATT. ME. I kissed him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on my tippy toes so he wouldn't have to lean down as far. His arms snaked around my waist and tightened. He then lifted me up slightly so my feet were no longer touching the ground. We held that kiss like our life depended on it.

Matt pulled away and we just stared into each other's eyes. He was still holding me off the ground but it didn't seem to be work for him. I found that impressive. While I knew I wasn't heavy I definitely wasn't light. I then looked up at the sky.

"It stopped raining," I observed.

"Yeah I guess it did," Matt says looking around the sky. The sun was now shining.

"Is that a rainbow?" I ask rhetorically and Matt puts me down. I run to the balcony and lean over to get a better look. Not that it would help. "IT IS A RAINBOW! GUYS GET OUT HERE THE RAIN IS GONE SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING WET!" I shout at them laughing slightly. I hear the patio door open and they step outside. They walk over to wear I was standing barefoot and drenched in water. While I was freezing I hadn't thought about it till now so when I shivered I instantly felt the cold get to me.

"Here Mals," Cameron says giving me his sweatshirt. I put it on and although I am still cold and wet it warms me up slightly from his body warmth.

"Where's this rainbow?" Nash asks.

"Over there," I say and point to where the rainbow was. It was a bit hard to see but if you looked hard enough you could see it. I ran into the hotel room and got my phone. I ran back outside to take the picture. I got up to the balcony and pulled out my phone. I then lifted it up to take the picture. It took a while to find the rainbow in the phone because of the different focal points and the light rays were just being a pain but I eventually got a picture where you could see the rainbow and it wasn't blurry. I quickly edited it to fit the whole picture instead of having to crop it and posted it to Instagram.

Caption: life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.... for without the rain we would never see the rainbow JJJ

I posted it to twitter as well. I also managed to take a few snapchats of it and posted it to my story.

"Well, while I would love to look at this all day I am going to go get changed," I say and head back inside. I was FREEZING COLD now. I decided to take a shower because I am not going anywhere else today I will just get it now and I am cold so a warm shower will be nice. I don't think I will need to wear nice clothes so I can just go back to sweatpants and stuff. I grab my pajamas and head to the bathroom. I turn on the water and let it adjust. I then shrug off Cameron's sweatshirt. SHOOT I just realized I got my cast wet. Oh well I will just have to hope it doesn't mess anything up. I take off my skinny jeans that are now literally a second skin. I then peel off my shirt and undergarments. By the time I got my clothes off the water was already warm. We all know it takes forever for the water to heat up. I stepped in and warmed myself up with the warmth from the water. I stepped out of the shower presumably 10 minutes later. I dried myself off with a towel. I then pulled on my dark grey sweatpants and a sweatshirt that had Ariana Grande's first recorded single, put your hearts up, on it. I wrung my hair out and towel dried it a bit before running a brush through it and just letting it fall down my back. I then walked out of the bathroom. I left my wet clothes to hang dry in the bathroom. I rushed over to my suitcase and pulled out a pair of warm fuzzy mint green socks.

"I hung up your sweatshirt in the bathroom because it was soaked," I tell Cam.

"That's fine," He says. I go over to my phone and check the time. 1:01pm. I was kind of hungry. I felt like we had gotten taco bell a lot. I kind of wanted it again. I honestly love Mexican food that much. I could eat it forever. Maybe I will go and get taco bell just for me. But I JUST SHOWERED!!! WHY?? I go back to my suitcase and pull out a basic white tank top. I run to the bathroom and switch it out. I then come back out and grab a knit grey sweater. I slip on white high top converse over my mint green socks. No way was I losing all my comfort. I then grab my phone and a twenty. I grabbed my heart aviator sunglasses and put them on. I then put my hair in a messy ponytail and grabbed my penny board.

"Hey Cam I'm going to get myself lunch," I say as I head to the door.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"Taco bell," I say. I sure hope they don't ask me to bring them stuff back because I am not really in the mood to have to carry a bunch of stuff.

"Okay, I think there is one really close by," He says. Okay that is good he didn't ask me to get him anything.

"Alright," I say as I make my way to the door before he can ask for anything. I hop onto my board once I exit the hotel room. I ride to the elevator and take it down. The elevator stops on the 3rd floor. I look up from my phone to see a boy my age come in with a girl. I smile at them and the girl smiles back at me. And it wasn't fake.

"Hi I'm Malia," I say extending my hand.

"Nice to meet you my name is Luna," She says. I smile as we shake hands. I then look to the boy.

"I'm Luke," He says with a smile. I smile back.

"Nice to meet you. Are you two like together?" I ask for conversation. They look at each other and then start cracking up.

"No, we're not we are brother and sister," Luna says. I immediately blushed.

"I'm sorry it's just you guys look nothing a like," I said. It was true. Luke had blonde hair and brown eyes while Luna had black hair with green eyes. Luke was pretty white and Luna was slightly tanned. It was weird for them to be related.

"We are not blood related. Our parents got married. My dad married his mom," Luna says to me. Oh that makes sense. Will my dad ever remarry when he gets back? If so will that person already have a kid too?

"Oh okay. That makes more sense," I say to them with a smile.

"You board?" Luke asks.

"Yeah, I'm just going to Taco Bell right now though. I can't do many tricks on this thing, but with a skateboard yeah I can," I explain to him. He just nods as I explain with an impressed look on his face.

*DING*

The elevator ding interrupted the conversation so I just board out into the lobby and wave goodbye.

"Nice talking to you," I say as I ride out of the lobby. I pull out my phone to find the taco bell.

I find the closest one and it is only half a mile. The directions said to go left first so I did. However I collided with someone.

"Oh my goodness! I am so sorry are you okay?" I shout frantically as I stand up and bend over the person. It was a woman who looked to be pretty young but she was older than I was.

"I'm fine, thank you, just caught by surprise that's all," She said as she stood up. Then she looked up. We both stared at each other's face. "Malia Dallas?"

"Natalie Pustin?" I ask her. She chuckles and shakes my hand.

"Fancy seeing you here," she says with a smile.

"Yes it is. What are you doing in Chicago?" I ask with a smile and a laugh.

"Oh I have to interview Ariana Grande, she is going to be in Chicago this week," She says. When she says 'Ariana' my eyes widen.

"Oh my goodness, you get to meet THE Ariana Grande? That's awesome!" I say. I would love to meet Ariana. I would probably pass out but I mean I can always try.

"Yeah I have interviewed her before however we need to do another interview. She is really such a sweetheart but has so many adorable quirks," She says with a smile.

"Well that's nice to know. I have always wanted to meet her, she is like my role model. However I need to go pick up my food because my brother will get mad at me if I am late again," I say with a laugh and hop back onto my board.

"Alright, we still need to schedule an interview sometime," She reminds me.

"Of course. How much longer are you in Chicago?" I ask her. It would be nice to just get it out of the way.

"The rest of the week."

"Oh well that is great, I have Magcon tomorrow but the day after that I am free all day so we could do it at 1:00pm perhaps?" I ask her. She looks into her planner.

"That sounds perfect would you like to meet at that coffee shop right there?" She asks and points to the coffee shop on the corner which happened to be a Coffee Tree.

"Sounds great," I say with a smile. I wave goodbye to her and she says goodbye as well and I head off to taco bell to get my lunch. I almost got lost, but I didn't. It took longer to get there because there were so many blocks I had to keep track of but I eventually made it.

"Hi what can I get you?" The man asks. His name was Peter.

"I would like two bean burritos without onions, 11 churros, and 2 cinnamon twists?" I ask her. He nods as he types them into the computer.

"That will be $15.65," He says. I hand him the twenty. He hands me four one dollar bills and 35 cents but I just put the change into the tip jar. I walked over to the counter and waited patiently for the food. I pulled out my phone and went onto Twitter.

Trending was #BeAFanDay I decided to change it a bit.

@MaliaIDallas: I know it says #BeAFanDay however I am going to change it to #BeANafianDay or you can do #BeANafDay. I still don't like the word fan. Tweet it out. JJJ

@MaliaIDallas: @ArianaGrande you will probably never see this because so many other people love you but on this day I would like you to know that you inspired me to become what I have today. And I love my life now and I hope to make it even better!

I sent out the tweets. Then my food was ready. I picked it up and boarded back to the hotel. I had a bit of an easier time finding everything but it still took me longer than it should to find the hotel

I got back at 2:14pm thanks to me almost getting lost. I rode into the hotel and stopped when I got into the elevator. I pressed the top floor. I liked that this hotel didn't have a thirteenth floor it went straight to 14. Superstitious people. The elevator door opened to the fourteenth floor and I rolled out and when I got to my room I pulled out my key card. As I was about to put it in I heard talking so I listened carefully, not really knowing what I was listening for.

"You do know her birthday is like 4 months away right?" I hear Taylor say to someone.

"Yeah, but I want it to be a good birthday for her," I hear Cameron say. Why are they talking about my birthday? It was in December. December 14 to be exact. I decided to stop eaves dropping because I hated spying on people. I put the key card in and walked through the door like I didn't know a thing.

"Hey guys I got food. Well actually I got my food and I got you guys' churros," I say. They looked at me nervously at first. They thought I heard something which I did but I played it off as I didn't. They relaxed when I said churros and came over. I handed them the bag after I took my burritos out. I was starving because it took over an hour to get my food. I took off my sunglasses and went over to eat on my bed. I kicked off my shoes and put them in the closet. I then went over to my bed and set my sunglasses in my suitcase.

OH I NEED TO REMEMBER THE INTERVIEW WITH NATALIE!

"Hey Cam?" I ask as I go to the calendar app on my phone.

"Yeah?" He asks with churro stuffed in his mouth. I could hear it.

"Just listen cause you have food in your mouth so don't talk. On, what day is it today? It's Tuesday. On Thursday I have an interview at 1:00pm at the coffee place by the hotel," I say as I make the event in my phone.

"With who?" He asks. He had managed to swallow the churro.

"That lady, Natalie Pustin who wrote that article about me. I know its short notice but she wanted me to do an interview with her and I bumped into her before I went to taco bell. She was on her way to interview Ariana," I say with a big smile. I see Matt and Carter look up from their churros. I laugh at the look on their faces.

"Wait do you know where she is staying?" Matt asks me.

"Sorry babe, I don't. I just know she is in that direction," I say pointing to the right because I went to the left and Natalie headed toward the right. I saw him pout and I chuckled. I then opened my laptop. Should I upload my video now? It was like 2:30 or something.

@MaliaIDallas: Should I upload #MaliasNewVideo now? JJJJ

I send out the tweet and instantly get comments back.

Yes

YES

Yes

Yes

YAS

YASSS

YUP

No

Yes please!

Alright so I guess I will upload it. I cracked up when I read the no. I went to my YouTube channel. I clicked the upload button.

@MaliaIDallas: Okay guys, I'm uploading now. Hope you like it JJJ don't forget to subscribe and thumbs up!

I sent out the tweet and started the upload of the video. I titled it The Lack Of.... I added my social media in the description box. I put Natasha's information in the description as well. The video had about 3 more minutes to upload. I opened up snapchat and took a video of it uploading.

"Almost done guys bear with me," I say and then take my finger off the button. I post it to my story. A few minutes later it was done.

@MaliaIDallas: The video is up give it a thumbs up and subscribe! JJJ

I tweeted it out. I then finished my burritos. I then went over to the bag and pulled out a bag of cinnamon crisps. I went back to my bed and lay down just looking at the ceiling. I started eating the cinnamon crisps and studying every little speck on the ceiling. Each one was unique, like a snowflake, not one alike.

"Did you guys eat lunch? I mean I know I got you guys churros but aren't you actually hungry?" I ask them curiously.

"Yeah we ordered a pizza while you were gone," Cameron says. I glare at him. I mean I was in the mood for taco bell but ugh whatever. I finished my cinnamon twists and sat up to throw away the bag. I feel like I have the whole rest of the day ahead of me but I don't know what to do. I felt really picky. I didn't want to go swimming. I wouldn't mind watching TV but I would feel unproductive. Think, think, think...

I grabbed my phone and looked up on Google:

Book Stores.

I then waited for it to come up. Not more than 3 seconds later a list of book stores close to me came up. I looked through them and there was one about 1.2 miles away. That wasn't far I could ride there and then read and then come back. Maybe Matt will want to come with me.

"Matt?" I ask still looking at my phone.

"Yeah? What's up babe?" He asks as he sits next to me. I kind of liked how he called me babe or sweetheart etc.

"There's this book store close by I was thinking of going did you want to go with me?" I ask. I mean I understand if he doesn't want to go but it would be so much better if he did go.

"Of course, I couldn't miss spending time with you," He says as he kisses my nose and stands up. He had changed from when we were dancing in the rain into khaki pants and a grey sweatshirt. He was wearing black vans. He looked hot, he always looked hot. I don't know, for some reason I had never seen him wear jeans. I bet he has at some point but I feel like he is my khaki boy and I would like him better in khakis. He came back with sunglasses and his wallet which he put into his pocket. He also had his skateboard. I stood up and grabbed my black vans. I took off my mint green fuzzy socks because they wouldn't fit over my socks. I then slipped on my black vans and my heart sunglasses. I grabbed my phone and some money and shoved it into a small purse back pack. I then grabbed my board and we were off. I waved to the guys and they saluted me. I just laughed at them. We made it outside of the room and I threw my board down and jumped on and skated to the elevator. Matt came close behind me. We got in the elevator and I pressed the lobby button. As we rode it down I rested my head on Matt's chest. It was nice to just relax with him. I was completely comfortable around Matt. I mean yeah he made me nervous but we were comfortable around each other.

*DING*

We exited the elevator and boarded through the lobby and out the doors. I looked at my phone for direction and we went to the right. We skateboarded down the side walk hand in hand. It was nice.

When we got to the book store Matt and I got Starbucks. I bought a caramel macchiato and he got what he always gets and then we decided to split a coffee cake. We paid for our stuff then found the smallest and quietest corner in the book store. We had picked up a bunch of children's books. The nursery rhymes. We made ourselves comfortable. We set our boards next to us and put the books on them. We picked out 3 books each to read to the other. I had picked No dessert forever, Where the Wild Things Are, and Goodnight Moon. Matt had picked The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Giving Tree, and Oh the Places You'll Go. I set the coffee cake on my penny board which was in front of us. Then we set our drinks on the board as well. We put the books on Matt's board and then we got comfortable and started to read.

"When you get little and I get big, I'll be the Queen of Mealtime and I'll say, 'People who don't finish their spinach-mousse mush don't get any dessert.' When you get little and I get big, I'll be the Queen of Doorknobs and I'll say, 'People who won't wear coats as thick as bricks don't get to go outside.' When you get little and I get big, and you beg and beg for a pet, I'll say, 'Okay, your room looks like a pigsty. Maybe you should have a pig.'" (No dessert forever! By George Ella Lyon and Peter Catalanotto)

I read the story to Matt. My mom got me this book in 2006 and my copy was also signed by the authors. It wasn't that great of a book but it reminded me of my mom. So yeah I was going to read it. I read the book to Matt and he listened. That's what I loved about our relationship. We could do these casual things and while to someone walking by it just looks like we happened to sit down and read a book. But we actually chose to come here because we wanted to read to each other. It may sound childish and pointless to you but to me it's the little things that matter the most.

I think that about everything. It's the little things about life that you remember, it's the little things about a person that makes you love them, it's the little things that catch your eye, it's the little things that get to you, and it's the little things that Matt and I do together, that I love. That's why I love the little things.

I love the big things too but the little things are often over looked. I finished reading the book to Matt and he went next. Reading The Giving Tree.

"Once there was a tree," He started to read, "And she loved little boy. And every day the boy would come and he would gather her leaves and make them into crowns and play king of the forest. He would climb up her trunk and swing from her branches and when he was tired, he would sleep in her shade." (Shel Silverstein The Giving Tree)

I closed my eyes and listened to his voice. I didn't need to see the pictures. I could envision them in my mind. That's why I liked reading books. Books without pictures. You could imagine it however you wanted. It was like watching your own personal movie. Reading books is amazing. Sure when I was younger I liked the picture books more because it was easier to understand things with pictures. But now, just reading and understanding you create your own image of the book. When you read a book it becomes personal to you and you have your own ideas on how everything happens. Your ideas are completely different. That's what makes it so amazing. No one is stealing your ideas. They are yours. You don't have to worry about someone setting the bar and you trying to do the same as them.

I feel like society is that way. Once you see something, everything automatically has to look the same way. If something or someone is different, then they are looked at as a misfit or an outcast. You can change it up. You don't have to keep repeating everything the same way. Just because Whitney Houston was a good singer that doesn't at all mean that you have to sound like Whitney to be good. There is only one Whitney Houston and that's what makes it special. There is only one you. If you diverge off of that path that you have then you're no longer yourself. You're trying to be someone else. It sounds cliché but when doesn't a life lesson? I am not saying to confine yourself and not allow yourself to experience life, I'm just saying, don't try to be someone you're not. No one likes a copycat. Be original, that's all I can say. Society will find whatever they can to judge you and use it against you but why let it bother you? Why is it that we constantly try to encourage people about themselves yet the very community we live within showcases perfection. We are far from perfect and if you think that there is a perfection in the world then you're even farther from perfect than I am.

I know the saying that no one's perfect until you fall in love with them. And I understand that. However that person isn't perfect. You fall in love with their imperfections. You accept their flaws and look past their mistakes. They're not perfect to society or to anyone. But to you they are perfect because you are blind to the damages, but you know that you're blind and you know that those damages are there. And you're okay with that. And anyone who has fallen in love or is in love knows that it's okay to be blind sometimes because you're not the only one.

"And the tree was happy," Matt finished off. I opened my eyes to see him close the book. I wasn't listening that much but letting it run through my subconscious. The thoughts going through my head didn't require a lot of thought. It was my opinion on the world. It was my advice to people. Because while I am all for telling people to follow their dreams, there is a sense of reality to it and you have to realize that you won't always get what you want, no matter how hard you work for it. Life isn't always fair. You can either accept that or be oblivious either way it won't change.

Matt looked down at me and I looked up at him. I smiled at him. Matt isn't perfect. I'm not perfect. I accept that. I don't care that Matt isn't perfect. I like that he isn't perfect. I like that he doesn't strive to be perfect. He is just a caring person and that is who he is. It's okay that a huge part of his personality is something that 'perfect' describes. To me the idea of perfection itself is demented. The idea of something being perfect or unflawed is sickening. I feel that if I were to see something that was 'perfect' I would throw up because it would be too overwhelming to handle something without flaw. When someone says the word perfect it is never meant literally. Sure they may say, 'this is perfect!' but it isn't really. It's only perfect to the human senses.

I looked at my phone to check the time and saw that it was 3:34pm. We weren't on a time schedule so the time really didn't matter. I just liked checking the time for some reason. I also liked checking the weather on my phone. It just made me feel like important. To check the weather so you can base what you wear off of the temperature. It is weird but I just like it.

"My turn to read. I have Where the Wild Things Are," I say as I hold up the book. He smiles and nods as I open the book.

"The night wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one kind and another his mother called him 'WILD THING!' and Max said 'I'LL EAT YOU UP!' so he was sent to bed without eating anything. That very night in Max's room a forest grew and grew and grew until his ceiling hung with vines and the walls became the world all-around and an ocean tumbled by with a private boat for Max and he sailed off through night and day and in and out of weeks and almost over a year to where the wild things are," I read out loud to Matt. I continued to read to Matt, occasionally looking up at him. I caught him staring at me once. I probably blushed but why bother to hide it. I liked that he wanted to stare at me. It made me feel special in his eyes and I liked that. I am not going to deny it. Why bother to deny something that gives you pleasure. Sure you can be shy, I understand, but you have to think about your happiness and not always about everyone else. I know that cliché saying doesn't go the best with how I feel right now but it's true. I am not going to deny myself the pleasure of being with Matt. At least for now.

** ** ** ** ** **

We finished reading to each other and threw all of our trash away. We didn't buy any of the books. We put them all back. For someone else to perhaps find a lonely corner and open them to understand and see more than just the pictures.

We exited the small bookstore and then we rode home. Matt and I had stayed a bit longer after we finished reading so we were leaving the book store at around 5:15pm. We got back at 5:58pm. As we entered the hotel room we heard noise coming from Cameron's room. Our room was empty. The noise wasn't overwhelming but it was loud enough to be bothersome. I set my board by my bed and Matt did the same. Then we walked over to the door that joined our rooms and opened it. I looked in to see all the guys in there sitting on the floor. Well almost all the guys were sitting on the floor. Taylor was standing up a bit outside of the circle the guys had formed. He looked extremely upset. Not sad, but mad. I looked at him. He just glanced at me but he didn't stare at me.

"What's going on?" I say tentatively as I come in with Matt and sit down with the guys. Taylor comes to the circle too and sits down but he still looks angry. I look to Taylor for an explanation but he only looks to Johnson.

"Well somebody apparently posted an article about how Taylor, here, mistreated them. They said that they were a fan that was unable to get a ticket to one of the shows. They said they saw him walk out and asked for a picture and explained that they couldn't get in and had been waiting. However they then said that Taylor told them that they were a cheapskate and ugly," Johnson explains to me calmly. I looked at Taylor with sad eyes. Most people judge Taylor because I feel as if Taylor puts more of himself out there. Not trying to be mean to the other guys but Taylor is real. He doesn't hold back. Which isn't a bad thing. People just see the bad things Taylor goes through as well so they assume that he isn't nice or doesn't care. However Taylor cares a lot and that makes me sad.

"Well what have you done about it? Do you know who that somebody was? Do you know who published the article and where it is published?" I ask them.

"The person was anonymous but the person who wrote the article was this woman named Jane Thakkar. It was published on Hollywood life," Taylor mutters. I walk over to him to comfort him and pull out my phone to check out the article.

Is Taylor Caniff a fake?

By Jane Thakkar

Taylor Caniff originated on vine making unique six second videos. He also has a YouTube channel but Vine is what made him big. He is part of the Magcon group. Magcon now consists of 11 members when Cameron Dallas' younger sister Malia Dallas joined a few weeks ago. Taylor is known for his bandanas and his unique style that he mentions he was mocked about but has now started a trend.

A few days ago a Nafian came to me, who would like to remain anonymous, with information about Taylor Caniff. She said that he had been mean to her. She mentioned that she was in D.C on July 22, 2014. She said she wanted to go to Magcon but was unable to get tickets because they were sold out. However she mentioned that she stood in the line all day long and waited around the building to hopefully see one of them. When she did, it happened to be Taylor.

The Nafian says that when she explained her story and asked for a picture he called her a, "cheapskate and ugly," We have no proof of this but you can decide for yourself. Is Taylor Caniff really who he says he is or is he hiding behind a social media account?

I finished reading the article to myself then looked at Taylor. What happened to the Taylor I knew.

"Taylor. Listen to me. I have several different things to tell you that will make you feel a lot better about yourself and help this blow over. First of all I know you would never do this. You love your NAFIANs so much. Second of all you mentioned at one of the Magcon events was that your biggest fear was that you would start to care what other people thought of you. What are you doing now? Third of all I think that you are often looked at as 'the one that doesn't care' when that is the complete opposite. You're just real and it shows more clearly than the rest of us. I think that is better. Because sure it is nice to see all the good stuff about a person but that is not life. You convey the bad stuff too and you don't hold back. That's why they targeted you, because people already see you as not as dedicated. I don't want them to see you that way and I wish I could stop that but you only have the power to do that. I think you will like this reason the best. July 22, 2014 was the day this NAFIAN claims to have been waiting for us at Magcon however while we were in DC on July 22 it was a free day. It was the day we had arrived to DC so we didn't have Magcon so it is impossible for her to claim she saw you at Magcon. So she is lying. While I knew she was lying, now the rest of the world can know as well," I tell him with a smile. I then saw a smile form on his face and the old Taylor was back.

"Thank you so much Malia, I can't believe none of us thought about that. Haha, well now I can actually take to twitter and give my NAFs some solid information. I have just been telling them that, it isn't true and while I know they want to believe me it is hard. It would be hard for me too, however true NAFIANs would know I would never do that, but for those other people I still need them too," He says with a smile as he pulls out his phone. I smile and look at the rest of the boys. They all have smiles of appreciation and gratitude on their faces. Even though I don't need to I go on twitter anyways to let my NAFIANs know about Taylor.

@MaliaIDallas: My Taylor girls out there. Know that the article published today is not true. We didn't even have Magcon on July 22, 2014 haha JJJ @TaylorCaniff much love buddy!

I sent the tweet out and got a bunch of comments saying that they were relieved and that some people didn't believe her anyways. That made me smile.

"Are we ordering in again?" I ask the guys as I stand up and stretch my limbs. I didn't have a problem with ordering in, I just felt that we were eating extremely unhealthy.

"Nah, let's go out," Nash says.

"Or nah," I say after I click my tongue and laugh. "I'm just kidding I don't care if we go out. Where are we going? Can I wear what I am wearing now?" I ask gesturing to my attire. This cast was still on and it was annoying but I had learned to live with it and sometimes I forgot it was there.

"Yeah you're fine. We will probably go to some random restaurant," He says. Well that is nice to know. We are going to some random restaurant.

"Well why doesn't someone find this random restaurant," I say with a small chuckle and leave the room. I really felt like I had to wash my face for some reason. I went into the bathroom and soaked my washcloth and rubbed it all over my face then put on some acne wash. I then washed it all off. I was fortunate to not get a lot of acne. My face worked in different ways 1) you will have a large zit on your nose or somewhere very visible for 2 days. 2) You will have small zits around your nose for 1 week 3) you will have relatively decent skin. So I mean I was happy with my skin worked. I mean I would love to have clear skin all the time, but I have it better than some other people and I can be thankful for that.

I walked out of the bathroom and plugged my phone into my charger. It was at 78%. I opened up my laptop and looked at the comments of my most recent YouTube video. There were some weird comments and I laughed at some of them. I saw several comments about Natasha and how she was a great singer. I went to her profile and saw she had a lot more subscribers now. I smiled. I was happy that she now had a chance to make it on YouTube and then later become a singer. You can live off of YouTube. I don't want making videos to sound like a job but if what you enjoy gets you money, why not use that to your advantage. Just know when to stop. You don't want your happiness to become tedious and monotonous to the point where you no longer feel joy in doing it.

As I was on my laptop I glanced at the time and saw that it was now 6:07. I hope Taylor is done tweeting if so he can always tweet while walking. I walked into the other room.

"Have we decided on this random restaurant we are going to grace with our presence?" I ask the guys as I walk through the door.

"Yes. It is called the porch," Nash says looking at his phone. "It is sort of like just a normal restaurant but it seems to have good vegetarian options," He says. I smile.

"Yeah vegetarians for the win!" I shout and give him a high five. "Did someone call Logan to let him know?" I ask the guys.

"Yeah I did," Cameron says. I nod my head.

After a few more minutes of pointless lounging around we get up and squish together into the elevator. I mean yeah 11 is a lot of people but you would think they would make their elevators bigger.

"I can't feel my cheek," Hayes says. I laugh.

"Murder, if we could move to kill the other. We are just too close to each other and would get on each other's nerves," Matt says. I agree with him. The elevator thankfully dings and we pour out into the lobby and make our way out the door. We see Logan waiting for us outside and we smile at him. It is nice to have Logan here. I mean even though I only did one nice thing for him, it just makes us closer and there are things that are just there you know?

We arrived at the porch and walked through the doors. It wasn't large. The porch looked nice, it had this modern look but it felt homey because it was wood mostly but still had that modern style to it. They gave us a table for 12 and we sat down. We ordered our drinks and our food and all that was left was to wait. Patiently. Patience is a virtue. I had always heard that saying and never thought about what it meant. I don't believe that anyone is truly patient in waiting. You just have to know how to occupy yourself. However people with patience for other people I can never understand. While I see that they can tolerate more than I can. I would probably end up hurting someone if I was trying to explain a math problem and the kid didn't get it on the 14th try. I have a limited patience when it comes to other people sadly.

Our food arrived and it was good. The porch did have good vegetarian options. I got tortilla soup with grilled veggie sandwich that contained bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and other vegetables. Even though I don't really like tomatoes the sandwich was still good. There wasn't a lot of conversation at the table, the occasional joke went around and we would laugh but nothing serious. I think we were too focused on eating.

We all split the check, which required several phone calculators and a lot of arguing, but we did. Then we went outside where Logan was waiting for us.

"You didn't wait for us did you?" I asked him pointedly. He just shook his head at me with a smile. That made me smile. I was happy he didn't wait for us. We all got in and Logan drove us back to the hotel. It was 7:55pm. Logan dropped us off at the hotel and I said goodbye to him.

We entered our hotel room all from the same room. So everyone just came into my room and went to their room through the conjoining door. Do you ever get that feeling where you don't know what to feel? Sure I had a great day and it was filled with stuff but I mean I just don't know what to feel right now. I am kind of tired but I don't even know anymore. I plop down on my bed face first and groan into the covers. I heard chuckling but I couldn't identify who it belonged to. I stayed in that position for a while until I finally lifted my head up. I looked around. It was starting to get dark outside. The sun was starting to set. I got up off the bed and went to the patio. I opened the glass door and walked out to the ledge and leaned over and just watched it. I had always wanted to see a sunset or a sunrise. But I was never up that early in the morning and there were always trees covering the sky anyways. I don't know how long it takes for the sun to set. It's one of those things that you know it is happening, but it's happening so slowly that you don't see it. You try and watch it but you give up because you don't notice movement but you look away for a couple of minutes and you can see the difference. I decided to try and stay there at the ledge. I didn't have to be watching the sunset but I wouldn't look away from the area. I took this time to watch the people in the streets. Not in a creepy way. Just observe their lifestyle. Considering we were on the top floor it was kind of hard to see everything but I could make out a few things.

I saw a woman walking on the side walk. She had a strong walk and wore a business suit. She looked to be rushed but she wasn't running, just walking quickly. I saw another woman, more like a girl. She was young probably 19 leisurely strolling through the streets of Chicago. She was on her phone talking to someone. She had a few shopping bags.

Then I saw this man. Middle aged I suppose. Seemed to be tall. He wore jeans and a t-shirt. He seemed to walk with a hop in his step. Not literally, but something about his presence told me he was happy. He was wearing sunglasses and had dark hair. He looked a bit familiar but I couldn't place it. Who do I know that is middle aged? I continued to stare at him. I followed him. He then turned and walked into the hotel. Oh well. I wasn't going to leave just to find him. That would be weird. Maybe I will see him sometime in the elevator. I looked back up to the sky to see that the sun had set a bit more now. The color of the sky was beautiful. Although I don't really like the color orange on me. The orange in the sky was just right. There was a bit of pink as well and some dark purple. I couldn't see the sun itself, just the rays it was casting off as it set. It was pretty. It made me smile. I continued to watch the sunset and finally it was now dark. I could see some of the stars. Stars absolutely amaze me. I find them beautiful in so many ways. They are so far away and stuck in a dark sky that people fear. They are only seen at night, when everyone is most on edge. I feel like the stars and moon provide more light for someone than the sun does. Just because you are in total darkness but you have the stars all above you and the moon is just. I don't know.

I walked into the hotel room and shut the patio door. The time was now 8:54pm. I guess that makes sense. I am going to take a shower. I know I already took one earlier this morning, however I don't want to throw off my schedule and have to take a shower tomorrow morning because I don't like taking showers in the morning. The guys had occupied themselves with their phones, as usual, so I just grabbed my PJs and went into the bathroom. I locked the door and turned on the water. I took off my clothes and pulled the ponytail out of my hair. I stepped into the shower and let the water cascade down my body. Showers were soothing. I liked baths too, just hadn't had one in a while.

15 minutes later I came out of the shower and dried myself off. I wiped away the condensation on the mirror. I always thought that was cool. I remembered watching Annie, the movie version, when I was younger and she rubs her palm on the window so she can get a better look. I just always thought that was cool. I stared at myself in the mirror for a while. Everyone does it. I then pulled on my underwear and a bra. I put on a white crop top with a yin and yang sign on it. Then I pulled on some cropped grey sweatpants. I walked out of the bathroom as I dried my hair with my towel. I was going to leave it down for tonight. Too lazy to do anything with it. As soon as I came out of the shower Nash went in. Well that doesn't usually happen. I shrugged it off. I picked up my phone and decided to call my grandparents because I hadn't talked to them in a while.

Grandpa: Hello?
Malia: Hey gramps how are you?
Grandpa: I'm doing well.
Malia: That's good. Well we are in Chicago right now. I feel like I haven't talked to you in a while. But I just spoke to grammie the other day.
Grandpa: Well you haven't talked to me for a while. It has mostly been grammie. How are you kiddo?
Malia: Haha, I'm good gramps. We have done a little walking around but not much. I think we are just relaxing most of the time.
Grandpa: Okay, don't relax too much.
Malia: NEVER! Haha.
Grandpa: Did you do anything interesting today?
Malia: Not really. I mean today was our free day. I went out a few times to get food. Then Matt and I went to the little book store.
Grandpa: Your grammie told me a bit about him. Well just that you two are apparently a thing now. I still want to meet him.
Malia: Yeah, gramps I know. Stop this is embarrassing.
Grandpa: Alright. Does your dad know?
Malia: The last time I got to talk to dad was before the whole Magcon thing started. He had called me and we talked briefly. I don't know if I even called him, if he would be able to answer. They don't even let you have cell phones. They took dad's phone away and only give him time to use it when there is time. Which is hardly ever.
Grandpa: I understand but it wouldn't hurt to try and contact him.
Malia: Okay. I will see you soon and hopefully talk to you even sooner.
Grandpa: Haha alright bye!
Malia: Love you! Bye!

I hung up my phone and quickly dialed my dad. I was kind of nervous. Well I didn't even know if he would pick up the phone. I didn't know what to say. Hey dad I miss you and I am kind of famous, and part of Magcon, I can sing really well even though you had no idea. Mom wanted me to tell you and Cameron but I was scared and didn't then Cameron found out and got mad. Cameron broke my arm on accident and I am now dating one the other guys in Magcon. Matt. He is really nice and we are known as Mattalia. Also we kind of had to go to the hospital for a dizzy spell I had. I am fine. My arm cast comes off at the end of this week. I also made a best friend, her name is Lily. She was a NAFIAN. Also the boys and Lily are coming to California for a week to meet grandpa and grandma.

NO I can't say that. I listen. The phone is still making that ringing noise. Then it stops.

Dad: MALIA!
Malia: DAD! I miss you so much. I am so happy you can talk right now.
Dad: I miss you too sweetheart. Is everything okay?
Malia: Yeah, it's actually a lot better than okay. I am on tour with Cameron at Magcon. I kind of am a singer like Shawn Mendes now. Cameron mentioned him to you at some point. I hope you aren't mad that I didn't tell you I could sing. I was just afraid.
Dad: Oh yes Cameron did mention him. That is great that you sing! I wish I could be there to hear it.
Malia: What? You're not mad.
Dad: How could I be mad that my daughter has a talent? I am a little upset that you didn't tell me, but I understand that our contract is limited.
Malia: Wow, thanks dad.
Dad: How long have you been singing?
Malia: Since always. Mom trained me and whenever we went on those 'visits' to relatives they weren't really 'visits' to relatives.
Dad: Wait your mother knew?
Malia: Yeah. I was too scared to tell you or Cameron. Cameron kind of found out in an odd way and it was hard at first but we got over it.
Dad: Well I am happy that you can sing, and I assume it makes you happy. But you should realize that even though I am not with you I care about you and Cameron more than anything in the world.
Malia: I know dad. It's just hard. I mean you are always out there and I know it is for our country but I can't help but be scared. I don't know if you could be blown up at one point.
Dad: I know sweetheart. When is your Magcon tour over?
Malia: We end this week and we are all flying to our house so that the guys and my best friend Lily can meet gramps and grammie.
Dad: Well that is really nice. Who is your best friend?
Malia: She was a fan (I wasn't going to use Nafian because it would take time to explain to him) and we just hit it off.
Dad: That's wonderful! I am glad you have friends.
Malia: Yeah. I also sort of have a boyfriend.
Dad: You do?
Malia: Yeah but you don't have to worry. He is part of Magcon and Cameron was a bit uptight about it at first but he has relaxed. He realizes that Matt makes me happy and that if he wanted anyone to be my boyfriend it would be one of these guys because he trusts them.
Dad: I will have to meet this Matt.
Malia: You will have to meet him someday. I hope it is soon.
Dad: I do too.
Malia: You're sure you're not mad?
Dad: Yes Malia.
Malia: Did you want to speak to Cam? I know he misses you.
Dad: Yes I do.
Malia: Okay give me a second.
Dad: Alright.

I get up and walk over to Cameron's room and hand him the phone and tell him its dad. His face lights up and he grabs the phone and starts talking to him. I smile at how Cameron talks to dad. I don't listen to the conversation. I just sit next to Cameron stuck in my own little world. Eventually Cameron hands me back the phone.

Dad: I have to go but I just wanted to let you know I love and miss you so much.
Malia: I love and miss you so much too.

I whispered the last line before the line went dead. I made it a thing to never hang up on my dad because even if there was silence between us on a phone call it meant the world to me that we were still connected through that silence.

"I told dad about the hospital trip and me breaking your arm. He was mad at me but I think he is okay," Cameron says to me because he knows I wasn't listening.

"Yeah I told him about my singing and he wasn't mad just upset that I hadn't told him sooner but he understood that our contact is limited," I say back to Cam.

Cameron lies back down on his bed. He was already in his 'pajamas'. I laid down next to him so that we were staring at the ceiling together.

"That one looks like a lion," I say and point to a random spot on the ceiling. Cameron turns to look at me and he is giving me the 'what is wrong with you?' look. "What? I thought we were fake cloud watching," I say as if it is the most obvious thing in the world. Cameron just starts cracking up while I sat there trying not to laugh at how ridiculous his laugh was.

"You are such a weird child. But I still love you," He says as he grabs me and squeezes me into a hug, ruffling my hair as he does. I laugh along with him.

"I love you too," I say to him. We then both lie down again on the bed and start to fake cloud watch together. We would say, "That one looks like a baby," or, "that one looks like a balloon."

*SHUTTER*

I sit up and look up. I see Nash standing there with a Nikon camera.

"Did you just take a picture of us fake cloud watching?" I ask him. He smiles and nods. "Lemme see!" I shout as I scramble off the bed. Nash lowers the camera so I can see and he shows me the picture. It is from an angle where you see Cam and I lying on the bed but you don't really see our faces. My hand is pointing to the ceiling as if there was something there. We are just lying there. I smile as I look at the picture.

"Send that to me somehow," I say to Nash. I mean it was artsy as heck so of course I wanted it on all of my social media.

"Don't worry I will," Nash says with a reassuring smile.

"Do you have any other pictures?" I ask him curiously.

"Yeah, most are on my phone because I don't take this camera with me everywhere," He says. But he clicks the arrow button on the camera so we can see more pictures.

"That was when Matt and I were watching the amazing spider man," I say pointing to the camera. Why did Nash take a picture of Matt and me together? I mean I am glad that I have couple pictures of Matt and me but it is slightly creepy. Whatever these guys are weird anyways. Nash continues to scroll and I see a few photos of the other guys. Then I see a picture of me in the rain. Earlier today when they were all terrified of the rain and I was just standing and dancing in the rain. I smiled at that. Then the next picture was Matt and me in the rain. Nash happened to capture the moment that Matt picked me up and was spinning me. That made me smile a lot.

"Yeah, you're sending me all of these, I feel like I could make a big something out of them," I say.

"A big something," Cameron says laughing a bit.

"Don't mock my ideas. I will figure it out eventually but you know what I mean," I say trying to explain my reasoning. "Can I see the pictures on your phone too?" I ask Nash with wide eyes. He looks at me and then to Cam. Why is he looking at Cameron? Nash and Cam are having this little conversation with their eyes while I am standing here completely confused.

"Are you two done yet?" I ask them. They look at me almost as if they forgot I was there.

"Sorry Mals, can't show them to you, they're not that special anyways," Nash tells me. I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Really? Whatever," I say. I don't understand why I can't see them. Also what does Cameron have anything to do with this? I walk over to where Shawn was sitting on his bed. He was quietly playing his guitar and looking at a piece of paper. I go over and sit across from Shawn. He looked up when the bed dipped with my weight. When he saw me he smiled. I smiled back at Shawn. I really wanted to play the guitar right now, but because of my stupid broken arm.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I look at the paper Shawn was looking at. It has a bunch of words on it. I am guessing it is a song writing book. Or whatever you want to call that. I have one too, but I didn't bring it.

"Trying to think of a new song to write," He says but his mind is elsewhere and he is trying to focus. I point to the paper as if to ask if I can read it and he nods. I pick it up and read over the lyrics he had. They were good. There weren't many but they said a lot. I handed him back the paper.

"Could I try playing a tune?" I ask He looks at me questioningly then at my arm. "I think I can manage," I say. He shrugs and hands me the guitar. I take it and put my fingers in position. It was harder to play but I could still play. I played a few chords to get comfortable once again. Then I started strumming softly singing the words as I changed notes.

"I like that, do it again," Shawn says. So I played it again and sang it louder this time. I also changed the strumming pattern up a bit. Shawn then joined in with me and we sang the lyrics together. It was nice and would make a good song.

"Sounds good," I hear Matt say. I look up at him. He is standing in the doorway leaning on the door. I smile at him. He is wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt. Who would have thought that something so simple could look so good on someone? Whenever someone checks someone else out in the books and movies it is always really noticeable. I mean come on you guys can't be subtle. It is not like your eyes are bulging out of your head and you are trying to be noticed! You just smile at them then quickly glance at what their wearing. You don't have to drag your eyes down their body. Or up their body either way.

Matt made his way over to where Shawn and I were sitting on his bed.

"Looks like you can play," He says. I look at the guitar in my hands.

"Yeah, but not very easily. But thankfully this thing comes off in a few days," I say. I was tired of having the cast everywhere I went. It restricted me from doing things I loved.

"Yeah I think you can take it," He says with a grin. I hand Shawn his guitar back and get off of his bed. I checked the time on the TV set and it was roughly 9:30. I wasn't exhausted but I was kind of tired and I knew tomorrow would be a long day. "You tired?" Matt asks me.

"I guess so. I just know we have a long day tomorrow so I kind of want to go to sleep now even if it is only 9:30," I say to him. Matt smiles in understanding. We walk to our hotel room and I throw myself into my bed. Matt laughs at my child like behavior. He then gets in the bed with me as well. Taylor, Nash, and Hayes were in the room too but I think they have gotten used to this kind of behavior. Matt wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close to him. He buried his head into my neck and gently kissed my shoulders. I moved myself as close as possible as I could get to him. He tightened his grip on me but it was comfortable, it made me feel safe. I closed my eyes, and even though I wasn't tired I didn't mind just lying here for a while until I fell asleep.

Right before I did fall asleep I heard Matt whisper,

"Goodnight beautiful."

Alright that was kind of long. I think, I'm not really sure. If you are still reading this book. I am surprised. I didn't think it would be this long. It is currently in a word document and has 359 pages. Wow. Let me know what you think.

Danser sous la pluie means dancing on the rain in French but I mean in would be danser dans la pluie and french i don't think works like that soo...

xoxo

-simplicational's queen ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 2.8K 21
Kayla didn't expect her brother would become famous. Now her whole life has been flipped upside down. Instead of sitting at home texting her only two...
574 1 22
After Jinx's parents die in a car accident she is forced to go live with her older brother Hunter. Jinx hasn't seen her older brother in 2 years beca...
59K 1.1K 16
Chloe and Cameron Dallas are siblings and they are really close.Chloe is like a little sister to all the magcon boys. She has a crush on Matt. Bu...
1.8M 35K 157
(I wrote this when I was young but apparently it did well lol. This book is currently being edited but please give it a read. The next two books are...