Ayano Aishi, the Emotionless...

BelleAmant tarafından

STATUS: COMPLETE Ayano Aishi is new to Akademi High, and while this should be exciting, she can't exactly fee... Daha Fazla

Week Zero, Thursday
Week Zero, Friday
Week One, Monday
Week One, Tuesday
Week One, Wednesday
Week One, Thursday
Week One, Friday
Week One, Saturday
Week Two, Monday
Week Two, Tuesday
Week Two, Wednesday
Week Two, Thursday
Week Two, Friday
Week Two, Saturday
Week Three, Sunday
Week Three, Monday
Week Three, Tuesday
Week Three, Wednesday
Week Three, Thursday
Week Three, Friday
Week Three, Saturday
Not a chapter
Week Four, Sunday
Week Four, Monday
Week Four, Tuesday
Week Four, Wednesday
Week Four, Friday
Week Four, Saturday
Week Five, Monday
Week Five, Tuesday
Week Five, Wednesday
Week Five, Thursday
Week Five, Friday
Week Five, Saturday
Week Six, Sunday
Week Six, Monday
Week Six, Tuesday
Week Six, Wednesday
Through His Eyes
Week Six, Thursday
Week Six, Friday
Week Six, Saturday
Week Seven, Monday
Week Seven, Tuesday
Special Chapter
Week Seven, Wednesday
Week Seven, Thursday
Week Seven, Friday
Week Seven, Saturday
Week Eight, Sunday
Week Eight, Monday
Special Chapter Again :3
Week Eight, Tuesday
Week Eight, Wednesday
Week Eight, Thursday
Week Eight, Friday
Week Eight, Saturday
Week Nine, Sunday
Week Nine, Monday
Week Nine, Tuesday
Week Nine, Wednesday
Week Nine, Thursday
Week Nine, Friday
Week Ten, Monday
Week Ten, Tuesday
Week Ten, Wednesday
Week Ten, Thursday
Week Ten, Friday
Week Ten, Saturday
Week Eleven, Monday
Week Eleven, Tuesday
Week Eleven, Wednesday
Week Eleven, Thursday
Week Eleven, Friday
The Extra Chapter

Week Four, Thursday

392 17 4
BelleAmant tarafından

Week Four, Thursday

    For the first time in forever, Ayano’s phone is clear of notifications when she wakes up. She’s able to go through her routine normally for once, getting ready without thinking about what’s to come. It’s a moment for her to wake up, a chance to just go through the motions without having to analyze what it’ll do to her reputation or friendships.

    The silence is peaceful for once.

    When she’s done, she puts a smile on her face as she opens the door. The four boys are waiting for her, Taro once again absent. Ayano greets her four friends while she shuts her door, then they start walking to school.

    Ayano smiles and talks with the boys, like usual. Almost subconsciously, she notices how much happier they seem to be. And how much easier emotions have become for Ayano. She remembers how, just four weeks ago, she never smiled without forcing herself to. Every action, every face she made, it was all fake. Artificial.

    But now, now Ayano feels more realistic. She knows that she isn’t whole, but just walking with her friends makes everything easier. It becomes natural to laugh when one of them makes a joke, or smile when they speak.

    And, hopefully, as time goes on, Ayano will be able to feel alongside the expressions. More than just contentment. She wants happiness. She wants joy .

    And right now, Ayano believes that she doesn’t need to be like her mother. She’s had the thought before, had her suspicions, but now? Now she’s sure. She doesn’t need to fall so quickly, so violently, to be whole. 

    None of the boys know why Ayano’s smile is especially bright during the walk, but they enjoy it.

-----

    They’re sitting at the fountain when Kokona and Riku arrive, hand in hand. The two head over to the fountain, smiling.

    “Hey, Yan!” Kokona says happily, leaning onto Riku.

    “Hey, Kokona. Hi, Riku. Glad to see that you managed to confess,” Ayano greets back, and Riku blushes and laughs.

    “Yeah, thank you again, Ayano,” Riku says, and Kokona is confused by that.

    “What did she do?” She quickly turns to look at Ayano. “Yan, what did you do?”

    “Oh, I just gave him some advice. He just needed some confidence.” Ayano brushes it off, and Kokona giggles.

    “Thank you, then. We’ll see you guys later!” Then the two are off, talking and laughing as they go.

    “Oh, they’re a couple?” Taro asks as he arrives, watching the two go.

    “As of yesterday,” Amao says happily. “They’re adorable together.”

    “It was about time, too! Those two have been head over heels since they first met,” Kizano states, but he’s beaming proudly. “I’m glad for them, of course. And I have a feeling I’ll make the next play involve a nice background couple.”

    “You know,” Ayano starts. “They would both make excellent leads. Maybe this is a sign that you should let someone else be the star for once?”

    Kizano looks at her and chuckles. “Darling, the star has to be the best ! If Riku is ever better for a role than me, then I will concede and let him take the stage. But nobody can deny that I’ve been better so far.” He looks at her, challenging her.

    But he’s right, so Ayano shrugs. “Just think about it? It doesn’t hurt to have some changes, you know.”

    “Alright, I will. Just for you, darling.”

    Conversation switches as Taro mentions Uekiya, causing Osano to start teasing the poor boy about crushes.

-----

    Classes fly by in the blink of an eye, and it’s lunch time before Ayano realizes it. The walk to the roof is nice, with Oko and Amao filling the silence by talking about their class. Well, more like Amao still trying to get Oko to talk more, and Oko slowly responding. By the time they make it to their lunch spot, Oko is slightly less nervous, but still fidgets with his hands.

    Uekiya is congratulating Riku and Kokona on their relationship when Ayano sits down. Both of them are red in the face, but they smile and thank Uekiya nonetheless. Taro seems amused by Uekiya’s compliments, and chuckles.

    “Oh, hush,” Uekiya chides him, a smile still on her face. “They deserve to be congratulated. A good relationship blooms like a beautiful flower.” She faces Kokona and Riku. “I look forward to watching you two blossom together and flourish.” Her eyes are happy and her voice is light as she speaks, and she sighs happily when she’s done.

    Ayano speaks up. “Are you looking for a relationship?”

    Osano snorts. “Aya, are you trying to be a matchmaker again ?”

    Oko sighs. “We knew that this would happen…”

    “Well, of course we did!” Kizano butts in. “It’s our Ayano, after all.”

    Ayano feels her face warm at the comments, but keeps her eyes on Uekiya.

    Uekiya just giggles. “Oh, not really. I don’t believe in searching for a relationship, Ayano. I believe that the best relationships come naturally, like a flower sprouting at the beginning of spring.”

    Ayano nods at that, but makes note of how Taro’s smile is always bigger when he sees the Gardening Club leader. She won’t say anything about it, though. Not yet.

    She’ll wait for Taro to bring it up. Naturally.

-----

    The rest of the school day passes, and Ayano and Kizano are on their way to the gym when they hear Oko rushing to catch up.

    “Hi, Oko,” Ayano greets, curious as to why he’s chased after them.

    “Hello, Ayano,” Oko returns, but doesn’t make a move to explain anything.

    Kizano raises an eyebrow. “Shouldn’t you be at your club?”

    Oko nods. “Yes, but club time doesn’t start for a couple of minutes...I thought I’d join you guys...for the walk.”

    Ayano sees nothing wrong with Oko wanting some fresh air for a moment, so she smiles and takes his hand with her remaining free one. Kizano doesn’t make any more comments, and the walk is peaceful.

    When they arrive at the gym, Oko makes no move to leave, instead following Ayano into the gym. Kizano pulls out his script, getting ready for everyone to run the first two acts. 

    Kokona and Riku walk over as Ayano pulls her script out of her bag. She’s interrupted by Oko tapping on her shoulder.

    “Yes?” Ayano turns to look at Oko, who fidgets with something in his hands.

    “I...found this, and thought of you…” He holds out a choker. At first, Ayano assumes that it’s one of the Occult Club chokers, like the one that Oko wears. But instead of the spider charm that drops from the Occult Club chokers, this one has a black heart.

    “Thank you, Oko.” She takes it and unclasps it, then puts it on. It fits, and she reaches up to play with the heart. 

    “It’s...an onyx gem...meant to protect you from hostility.” Demons. Ayano knows he means demons, and is amused and grateful.

    “It’s lovely. I’ll wear it every single day.”

    Oko blushes at that, and nods. “I should go to my club now...I’ll see you after school.” Ayano nods and waves goodbye. 

    When Ayano turns back around, Kokona is giving her the look again. Ayano sighs and braces herself. Riku sees the look and sighs prematurely, giving Ayano a pitying look.

    “Yan!” Kokona cheers, latching onto the girl. “He’s so into you! Yan you’re just picking up people every week! I’m so proud of you!” She shakes Ayano. “What are you going to do about this?”

    “Nothing? Kokona, you need to understand this. They’re just my friends. They’re not in love with me. Please calm down,” Ayano tries to calm Kokona down as she speaks, but Kokona just scoffs.

    “Whatever you’ve got with all of these guys is not just friendship! You’ll see it eventually, Yan!”

    Kizano clears his throat, face redder than Ayano’s ever seen it before. “It’s time to start! Places, everyone!” He doesn’t look at Kokona or Ayano as he speaks, and if Ayano could, she’d feel bad for the actor. He’s clearly embarrassed by the thought of being in love with Ayano.

    Practice for the play goes well, and by the end Kizano isn’t a blushing mess. Ayano assumes that he’s forgotten about Kokona’s shouting, and moves on from the thoughts. 

    During the walk home, however, Osano and Amao notice the choker and ask about it. Ayano explains that Oko gave it to her and its meanings, faintly noticing how both Kizano and Oko blush as she speaks.

    Osano huffs, upset by something, but he doesn’t say anything. Amao just smiles and nods as Ayano speaks.

    By the time they all get to Ayano’s house, all four of them seem to have stuff on their minds, but they’re all quick to assure Ayano that there’s nothing. Ayano tries to get them to budge, but when they refuse again, she lets them be. Ayano bids them goodnight and closes the door.

    She doesn’t take the choker off when she goes to sleep, holding the heart close as she slips into a dream of safety.

Notes:

(⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)

1530 words.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

184K 3.9K 29
Ayano is after Senpai once more, unfortunately for her however, several rivals block her way. This time however, they're all boys and after her?!? Ho...
281 18 5
Y/N L/N had dreamed about this moment her whole life. Joining the prestigious school, Akademi High, was always something she wanted to do since heari...
634K 20.2K 29
✿I've always been told I'm not like my sister and mother. That I didn't have the same bland look in my eyes, or that I was much more....real. My sist...
53.1K 1.1K 63
Ayano Aishi has a boyfriend, Budo Masuta, and they both attend Akedemi High. Ayano had long given up on her Senpai noticing her. Until he does... Tar...