Drowning In The Dark (Broken...

By Seventhjoul

The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died g... More

End of their misery
Breaking The News
Breakfast and School
Home- thats what they called it
End of Costella
A refuge.
The real talk
Your dad?
Spaghetti and TV
Voices in my head
Am I sick?
A Reality Check
Sabrina & Sebastian!?
Cufflinks or Tie?
Most Precious of them All
Stubbornness lands you in trouble.
Confrontation and Confessions
A Vanidestine
Tête-à-Tête
A Mistake
Dex and Ira
You- who love me the most.
A Truth woven in lies
'Some words should be left unspoken.'
Snooping Around
Back to the Square
Feelings
Princess's Don't cry
One Peculiar Family
An Angel
When the love knocks on dark castle gates
Office and a cup of coffee
My Fight for your love
Simply Love
My Darkest days
One grand fall
A new Era
That pure love
The meaning
If you are waiting for me.
Our Prize
The final war
Be Alright
My Rules for my game.
If You all are here.
BROKEN HEIRS #2
ANNOUNCEMENT

The Youngest Pair

9.4K 482 63
By Seventhjoul

The simple quote said- Life is a journey. A path full of ups and downs. A path which we had to follow. Somedays would be hard but some days would be good too but the thing which helps us to get through it is our hope. Our passion. Our loved ones.

Shaira had never dreamed that one day she would be playing in front of her family. She wouldn't be afraid of them.  They would hug her and give her kisses of appreciation. They would seemingly love her. She would be loved too but now as it is happening, she doesn't know how she would be able to be on her original plan.

Plan to go on her way. Her life was happy, but she needed to get out of here. The hurt she had been through would never be gone and Mr. Aestus is coming home early too. His visit was a surprise. It was a shock to Shaira when he asked Dexton to let her talk to him.

His voice was trembling as he asked him if she was okay If everything was okay. She was confused but she didn't say anything.  She assured him she was okay.

But now if he was coming home, she had the chance to get her paper signature. She didn't know why but she still wanted her freedom.

Her freedom which she had yearned for so many years.

She sighed as she put down her file. She had to be strong. She needed to do this. Although her heart was in turmoil, but her mind was focused.  She combed her hairs with fingers as she went downstairs. Alkov was finally discharged from the hospital, two days before. Everyone was happy. Although he still needed wheelchair, but doctor assured them that he would be up and about with physiotherapy.

Shaira loved nothing but a full plate of pasta made by her own hands. As today was one of the rarest days, she was all alone at home so why not gave herself a good therapeutic routine. She quickly put on current stock exchange news on tv as she put on her apron. Her routine was just the same as last time. Make some pasta and went some through current business gossips.

She politely told reassured the chef and the staff that she would cook herself as she finally managed to get them out of the kitchen. Shaira could not help but smile at their concerns. If only they knew. Her eyes furrowed as she looked at two different pastas? 

Should she cook spaghetti or penne?

"I like penne more."

"Me too."

Shaira smiled as she looked at the person peeking from behind her shoulder. A small shriek left her as she startled the other person too. The said person falls on his butt. Her hand went to her heart.

"What do you think you are doing, Maximus!?"

"I should ask you the same."

"You should at least make sound when you come to kitchen?"

Shiara said as she gave a hand to Maximus as she tried to pull him up. Maximus hide his smile as he gave her his hand the instant, she would not be able to help him up. Shaira arched   her eyebrows as she looked at him. He was not even trying to get up.

"What? At least try to lift me up, champ."

Shiara sighed as she rolled her eyes. Her eyes widen as she did not able to lift him up. Her nonchalant effort became desperate as she caught his hand with both of hers and try to lift him up.

She became breathless as she finally made him move from his seat. Just an inch.

"You are a giant."

"I am not, you need exercise."

"I don't need exercise. I just moved at least 200 pounds giant with my bare hands."

Maximus rolled his eyes as he stood up. The one, Shaira was most afraid of in her house was always him. Maximus was a gym owner, and his build was strong and muscled and towering over her. Shiara face turned pale as she looked at him again. When he was settled down, he was somewhat less dominating then now on full height. She was sure he was harmless, at least now but a fear was always there. Like one wrong move and maybe she would be crouching on the floor, in pain.

Her hands trembled as she accidently knocked the bowl on the floor. That's why she hated one on one conversation with Maximus without anyone present. She was always on edge. Before she could crouch down. Maximus was there to help her.

"I think, I should go to my room."

Shaira said abruptly. Her eyes everywhere but not on him. Maximus hands halted as he looked at her.

"But I thought we were making pasta?"

Shaira stopped in her tracks as her eyes widen. She had never heard him talking in such a soft mellowed voice. Her eyes were wide with shock.

"What? Don't you have a tradition to cook pasta and eat it while cursing Dexton's bad mouthers-I mean- telling harsh reality to the company owners?"

Maximus asked putting up bowl in its original place and shrugging his shoulders.

"I don't curse and that is personal thing."

Shaira mouth swindled on her own accord.

"Yes, Shaira and I really want to eat your pasta, can we make it please?"

Shaira eyes were on him. On his every move. She was nervous but that puppy look face on him looked quite odd. Afterall, He was the most stoic outside yet most playful inside the house.

She sighed as she retreated her path. 

"Can you please chop the veggies; we are making penne."

.....

After half an hour later, they both settled down on the table with their pasta and a cup of orange juice. Shaira was less jittery now. The atmosphere was quite yet Shiara could feel tension. They were eating peacefully as Shaira sat there playing with her food.

A sudden clank as Shaira hand stopped when she saw Maximus sighing and putting his fork back and looking straight at her.

"Did I do something wrong?"

Shaira didnot say anything as she don't know how to respond to that.

"Or is it me, champ?"

Shaira eyes widen as she saw a helpless look coming on his face. A look with pure regret. She knew that look as it was same as hers. When she is about to cry.

"Its nothing, Maximus. It just.."

Shaira wanted to lie but her mind didn't made up any words.

"It's just what?"

Shaira head ducked down. She had somewhat conquered her feeling around everyone. Taking her resentment and locking it away from everyone but not in front of him. The very first time in the last few months, Shaira was feeling this.
Her hand subconsciously rubbed her heart

"Are you afraid of me?"

Maximus voice was soft. His eyes were on her. One look at Shaira's rabbit wide eyes. He knew.

"You are."

Maximus eyes widened as Shaira hand fisted. She was controlling herself.

"Why champ? I just need a reason. If you want reassurance. I would never ever hurt you again. Just like your brothers. I will be your protector."

Shaira's head ducked down as she looked at her fisted hands. She had fears but in course of time, she had realised. She always won them over. She was a warrior. She was afraid too but who isn't in this world.

Everyone is afraid about one thing or another. They all walk with their own fears. They don't quit living just because of that and the strongest ones even overcome their fears. Shaira was not strongest but she was not the weakest too.

Her hands trembling as her eyes met her youngest brother. Her fears let her eyes moisten as his brother panicked. Before he could stand up.

"Please don't stand up. It will just make me more disturbed."

Shaira could feel her heart as she still sat in front of him. It took all of her courage to not just dash from here. Maximus understood where it is coming from.

"I am just afraid of being beaten. I guess."

Maximus eyes widen as his eyes showed pure horror. Shaira eyes became teary as she said the darkest words of heart.

"I am constantly being beaten by my bullies for years. At the age of 14, I was bruised up by a boy much older than me who I didn't even know and then several years down, I was afraid of every physically intimidating person."

"I had never touched you, Shaira. Not even once in these years."

"And Yet it hurt more than every beating I have received till now."

Shaira said. Her eyes sharp as her pain visible in them.

"I am sorry, Shaira. I am at the fault. If we could have been a safer place. You wouldn't have to go through all that."

Shaira cries got louder and louder. She had never told this to anyone. Not even Dr. Sordo but yet it came out in front of him.

"Yes. You should all have done that. You should have been to my races when I was a kid. You should have been there when those guys tried to bully me. You should have protected me . You were not there."

Shaira voice broke as she cried.

"Anyone was not there. I was all alone, Maximus. I was fighting with everyone. From all of you at home. To all the people at school. I was a child for God sake."

"I am sorry. You are right. We were wrong, champ."

" I hated everyone, Maximus but most of all I hated myself. I hated it when every one of my classmate family were present in for every parents teacher meet and I was always standing there alone. Taking my reportcards to taking my rewards. Sometimes I wished I shouldn't even have won something."

"Shaira, You were a champion. A girl so strong. You were born to win with or without us."

Shaira cries didn't stop but her brother heart broke with every cry. She had been through a lot. A lot of which was because of their irresponsibility.

"I would never hurt you, Champ. You never ever had to afraid of me. So can I come close to you now?"

Shaira eyes were red. She was hicupping with a lot of crying.  She quietly nodded at him as he sighed as slowly stood up and went on her side. Shaira eyes widen as he sat on his knees in front of her and took both of her hands and kissed it.

"I am not looking that big to you now right?"

Shaira nodded as she looked at him.

" I am sorry, champ. Even if I couldn't become a brother to you up until now but I will try my hardest to become now. You will never have a reason to be afraid of me. I will always be your protector. Anything happens which involve you, doesn't matter if you were at fault or not. Call me. I will fight beside you to everyone."

Shaira nodded as she Maximus hugged her close. His own eyes moisten. Her eyes met with Dexton across the room who were looking at them. His eyes were on them.

One eyecontact with him and Dexton didn't look back as he went to other room. He will fucking find that guy and beat the shit out of him. Anyone who touched her sister will not be spared that included them too.

Shaira and Maximus sat there for a quite sometime after that. Shaira was now  comfortable enough to talk to him as she realized Maximus was quite opposite of his appearance. He was a golden retriever with black cat tedencies and most important of all.

He would not hurt her but will hurt the world for her.

The last thing she wanted from any of them.

.....

I hope everyone is fine. You all are the best thing which happened to me in past few years.

I think I will start my Instagram too in the last of year. I will share information about it too. Please follow and support me there too.

Maximus is one of the untouched characters of the book as you have seen because I didn't know how to tackle him. He was domineering everything Shaira was afraid of but he needed his closure too.

Hope you liked the chapter.

PS. do comment if my book really touched your heart. There is nothing more I relish than reading your comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 12.7K 56
Despite years of abuse by a close family member, Maya is starting to learn the meaning of trust and love with the help of her new family. She's made...
6.3M 185K 76
Being thrown away in the garbage in a dark alleyway in London when she was only a baby, she should have died that day... But she didn't.. instead, a...
Family By ᴀꜱʜ

Teen Fiction

138K 4.8K 39
A once happy family, now drifting apart. People who hate him with a burning passion but love his twin. Just what happened to make them drift apart an...
79.1K 2.7K 80
Asher is an eleven-year-old boy. His parents do not want him. They say he is an unwanted mistake. He has three older brothers. They have moved three...