At The Beginning With You

By Havingfunwithfanfic

The gods see the world being destroyed during the Long Night and decide to fix things. Daemon and Rhaenyra ha... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 42

1K 52 4
By Havingfunwithfanfic

Is time for Rhaenyra's coronation and she has a little surprise. Daemon returns to Kings Landing after the war. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

In another world. 2 months later.

Rhaenyra smiled down at her son as she bent over his crib and picked him up. Baelon had grown in the last two moons, he was a very lusty babe who was always hungry. He was happiest when he was in hers or Daemon's arms and her husband enjoyed spoiling him. She barely had time to take a breath since arriving in Kings Landings two moons prior. As soon as her ship had docked she and Rhaenys made their way to the Red Keep, to find that her husband had executed more than ten people. Every single member of the small council, except for two had been beheaded and their heads had been placed outside the gates to serve as a warning to others. She also heard about Larys and Alicent's execution by dragon fire. A few members of the Kingsguard had also been executed and her husband made no apologies for it. He had been clear when he said he would do whatever it took to protect her and their son and she would not be upset about that.

The day after she arrived in Kings Landings ravens had been sent out to every noble house in Westeros. It contained a letter announcing Viserys's death and another letter ordering every lord of every noble house to present themselves in Kings Landing in two moons' time for her coronation and for them to swear fealty. Then the preparations for her coronation had started immediately and Daemon had made sure they were surrounded with knights he trusted and he had overseen the hiring of new nursemaids for Baelon.

Today was the grand day, she would be crowned queen and Daemon will officially become her king consort. She kissed Baelon's small head as she held him against her chest, enjoying his weight and sweet smell. She had been so afraid of giving birth, but now she could not wait to have another child.

"I have a surprise for our son." Daemon walked into the nursery, a large smile overtook his entire face. "I think he will like it."

"He is only two moons old," Rhaenyra said as her husband gave her a quick kiss. "The things he is more interested in are my breasts and his own fist."

"Well, you cannot blame him." His eyes became hot, making her shiver. "You have gorgeous breasts."

"What is the gift?" She asked before things could get out of hand. The coronation ceremony was in less than an hour and they did not have time to indulge in their lust.

"Here." Daemon pulled a red dragon egg from his back, it had gold swirls that intertwined. Rhaenyra's eyes widened. "Syrax had a clutch. There are two more and I had the dragon keepers place them in the braziers to keep them warm."

"That is incredible." She smiled when Baelon extended his small arms, almost like he was reaching for the egg. "I think he likes it."

"Of course he likes it." Daemon kissed their son and placed the dragon egg closer to Baelon, allowing the babe to touch it. "He will be a mighty dragon rider one day."

They spent a few more minutes with Baelon before Rhaenyra left him under the care of his nursemaid and guard as they headed to the throne room. Everyone was already inside and she could hear their voices, which made her a bit nervous. She felt Daemon's hand squeeze hers and she turned to look at him. Her husband gave her a reassuring smile, before kissing her lips. A few seconds later the steward announced them and the doors to the throne room opened. Rhaenyra held on to Daemon as she made her way to the throne and sat down. Daemon stood beside her as the Valyrian priest approached her. She would be blessed by the seven, but the priest would be the one to crown her, just like her grandsire had done in the other world.

The priest made a short speech before placing a gold crown on her head and stepping aside. The High Septon used blessed oil to anoint her and said a small prayer before stepping aside. The Valyrian priest turned to the people and raised his hands.

"All Hail, Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen first of her name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm."

Everyone hailed her and Rhaenyra nodded at the priest who nodded at one of the guards. The guard approached the man and handed him a crown made of Valyrian steel with dragons engraved all around it. The priest approached Daemon who frowned at the man before looking at her. Rhaenyra smiled at her husband and nodded her head, making his eyes widen. The priest gestured for Daemon to kneel, which her husband did, before placing the crown on his head. He said the same prayer as before and stepped aside. The High Septon anointed Daemon and stepped aside.

The priest gestured for Daemon to stand up before turning towards the people and raising his hands once more.

"All Hail, King Daemon Targaryen first of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm."

The people seemed shocked but they hailed him all the same. Then Rhaenyra gestured as lord after lord kneeled in front of the throne and swore alliance to the new queen and king. Once it was over she stood up and Daemon took her hand. He had not said a word the entire time and appeared a bit overwhelmed. She squeezed his hand and waited until he looked at her.

"We are partners." He had been passed over so many times and she would not do the same. "We will do this together, always."

He just stared at her for a moment before fusing their mouths. It was like he was attempting to transmit everything he felt through the kiss. Rhaenyra did not want a marriage where she would wield her power over him as her father had done. Daemon had more than proved his love and loyalty to her and she would do the same for him.

                                                                 Rhaenyra Targaryen (19 years old.)

                                                              Daemon Targaryen (35 years old.)

                                                              Baelon Targaryen (2 months old.)

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Otherworld. 6 months later.

In the end, Daemon's victory over the Crabfeeder had almost gotten him killed. He now understood what the other Daemon had meant when he said it had been a suicide mission, but he would not take it back. Daemon had defeated the pirates and the Triarchy and now he was back home. As soon as the war had been won he had told Vaemond Velaryon that it was his job to secure the islands until the king determined what would be done with it. It was a punishment, for all the shit the man had put him through during the war. Afterward, Daemon had mounted Caraxes and left as fast as he could. He had made it home late that night and surprised his father and stepmother, who had both been ecstatic that he was back. He had been introduced to his youngest brother and twin sisters. His brother was three and his sisters were one. They were beautiful children and Daemon could not wait to spend more time with her.

The ones who surprised him had been Aelyx and Maekar, both boys had grown a lot since he had been gone and the first thing they asked when they saw him was for Daemon to spar with them. His family was different, but at the same time, they were the same. They had not treated him any differently and all his siblings were happy to see him. The only one he had not seen yet was Rhaenyra. She had been asleep by the time he returned home and this morning she had gone flying. His father had told him that she did not know he was back, she had left before his father or Aemma had told her about his return.

"I was sure you had decided to stay with the pirates."

The voice was familiar, but at the same time, it was a different, huskier. Daemon turned and felt the breath get knocked out of his lungs. He just stood there, like a fool, not saying anything. It took a few seconds before his lungs screamed and he realized he had been holding his breath. He did not realize how much he had forgotten about the other Rhaenyra, how beautiful she had been. The woman standing in front of him now was absolutely breathtaking. Gone was the small girl he had last seen, now she was a gorgeous woman with fine delicate features and a body that was meant for sin.

"Are you not going to say anything?" She gave him an amused smile. "Are you just going to stand there and gawk?"

"I am sorry." His voice sounded rusty like he had not used it in a long time. "I was under the impression you did not know I was back."

"I was told you had returned about an hour ago." Rhaenyra's smile became larger as she wrapped her arms around his waist and laid her head on his chest. "I am happy you are back, kepus."

Daemon wrapped his arms around her and felt his body react. He had been so worried about having to wed and bed Rhaenyra, he had been afraid he would not be able to see her as a woman, but he could see that would not be a problem. The only issue he was having now was how he was supposed to keep his hands off of her until their wedding. His father had prepared a feast to celebrate his return and to celebrate Daemon and Rhaenyra's betrothal.

"I am happy to be back." He kissed the top of her head. "I missed you, little dragon."

"You have to tell me about your victories." Rhaenyra pulled back and her smile left him speechless. "Your letters did not say much about the war."

"War is not something I want to write to my small niece about." He said with an amused smile.

"But I am not a child any longer."

Daemon's eyes moved up and down her body and he swallowed.

"You most certainly are not." 

                                                                       Daemon Targaryen (32 years old.)

                                                               Rhaenyra Targaryen (16 years old.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.1K 4K 48
Baelon Targaryen lives! Aemma Arryn was promised by her grandmother that she would never marry without love and only when she wished. While her cousi...
70.5K 2.2K 27
"You have no idea of the effect you have on me. While he was dancing and flirting with you, I was standing aside, watching from the shadows, contempl...
245K 8.6K 35
The life of Saera Targaryen told in four acts. She was her father's forgotten daughter, cast aside as she looked nothing like her mother. Her younge...
358K 10K 57
"The marriage between the second daughter of King Viserys and his own brother, Prince Daemon, raised eyebrows upon its first announcement. Many assum...