[Mihawk x Reader] The stronge...

By NaraEragon

"The witch and the kid" or "See you at the witch's gatherings" trend Reader is my OC and has a name Tags: men... More

Unsual day with Mihawk(s)
Folach
News
My fanart
Fanart 2
Protective
Valentine's Day
Bad Dream

1. The begining

549 10 0
By NaraEragon

Mihawk was 10 when he ran away from his home without much grief and frustration. He was abnormally calm for a young child and was able to live on his own as long as he could until he stumbled into the witch's wood. He was taken shelter inside a cave from the heavy rain, then the witch found him.

She could have penalised him for intruding her forest, Mihawk knew she would by the look on her face, and people rumored that witches always kidnapped and feasted on children. Mihawk would be lying if he said he wasn't afraid of her but he knew well not to show it. After all, he had been surviving until now with some tricks under his sleeves.

To his surprise, the witch just asked if he wanted to stay at her place. It came with a price of course.

" I shall be thy mentor and caretaker. Thou may learn as much as thee want until thou reach thy adulthood and leave. " The witch offered.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, was the first lesson Mihawk's learnt so instead of accepting the witch's offer immediately, he asked.

"What do I have to pay?"

The witch seemed pleased with his sharp mind, not many children of his age are well aware of danger around them. Or perhaps any child who had suffered illed fate would develop that level of caution.

"Thou shall know until the time comes. Agree or not, the choice is thine."

Even though Mihawk seemed to be more mature than other children of his age, there was no possible way he could survive alone without getting his hands dirty. He wouldn't mind, yes, but if he had a choice to live a better life, he would definitely take it. In the end, he was just a mere child.

"I'll follow you, mentor. My name is Dracule Mihawk."

He thought maybe living with a witch couldn't be worse than being a slave.

"I am Yidhra. I am a witch. Remember, thou art forbidden to speak of my name to other individuals."

Mihawk was adopted by a witch when he was 10 years old.

—---------

Mihawk was 13 when he learnt that he had feelings towards the witch that was beyond mentor and pupil relationship.

It was a forbidden, shameful and sinful feeling to have for someone who had taken care of him and taught him what he needed in his life due to standard morals. Should he fight between the heart and mind, deny this emotion or should he embrace it and confess with the witch? One of many lessons Yidhra ever taught him was to control his own emotion. If Mihawk ever wanted to master his swordsmanship, he must keep his head cold and let no feelings bother him, no hesitation in every swing of his blade.

The young boy knew it so well, at the same time he feared if he ever confessed his feelings to the witch, she might reject him. Moreover, their relationship could never be the same as before. The witch used to show lots of affection and liking towards him a few years ago, but she stopped doing so recently. Her mentorship stayed the same harsh and serious while she was getting more distance to him.

So many times Mihawk wondered if he ever did something wrong that led to this situation. He might hide his feelings but this was something he can ask, right?

"Thou shall leave on thy own journey when thou reach thy adulthood, it is best if we hold no hard feelings and the goodbye shall be easier."

Mihawk tried not to grimace with displeasure but Yidhra knew him well, there is no point hiding from her.

"You say like we would never see each other again."

The witch had a thin line on her lips to his statement, she had her back on him while busy with her cauldron.

"Perhaps. There is no need to return here after thou have learnt everything, yes? And once thou achieved thy goal, still no reason to do so."

Mihawk stood up from his position, so quick that he nearly shoved the chair away. He wanted to say he had reasons to return here, to her side because he cared for her and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, or at least, he wanted to see if his mentor was still doing fine. But he reconsidered his words and it came out like this.

"Then I promise you a duel, mentor. Once I achieve my goal, I will return and fight you one last time to show you how much I have changed and how strong I have become. To prove that your pupil did not disappoint you."

To his surprise, Yidhra just laughed. She stopped whatever she was doing and turned to face him.

"A promise worth waiting for, dear pupil. I assume thee still remember the price when I first took thee in?"

Mihawk was caught off guard as the witch mentioned the first price when he accepted her offer 3 years ago. Why would she bring it up now?

"It is time thee pay me that price during the duel, dalta."

At that time, Mihawk had no idea what Yidhra meant behind her words because she refused to tell him any further. He could never tell what she was intending to do. Yidhra was a mysterious woman after all.

—---------

Mihawk was 17 when he left the witch's forest and began his journey alone with the witch escorted him to the shore. There weren't much of words between them. It was an awkward silence for him because he wanted at least a few affections from her before they parted away and god knew how long they would cross paths once more.

The young man still bothered about his feelings towards her, he dared not express it but it's not forbidden to ask her one final favor, is it?

"Mentor, I have a favor to ask you." But instead of answering him, Yidhra gave him a pendant encrusted with a ruby, the color of her eyes.

"Thou have my blessing, as thy mentor and mother." The witch caressed his cheek softly, like she was 7 years ago, showering him with affections "May thou be safe on thy journey and I shall be waiting for our final duel, dalta." With her last words, the witch disappeared behind the forest.

Sometimes Mihawk doubted Yidhra knew whatever he wanted and stopped him before he had a chance to speak. He even suspected she knew his feelings towards her but she decided to ignore it. The young man sighed heavily as he held the pendant close to his chest. He was about to ask for her blessing, yes, but the jewelry was not expected.

Still, her blessing was a treasure to him. He must keep it safe.

Until they meet again.

—---------

Mihawk was 43 when he returned to the witch's forest. It had been so long after he achieved the title of the world strongest swordsman that he promised to come back here after that. So many things happened and he got swept into the flow of the chaotic world. After the Warlords system was abolished, the swordsman thought of coming back to fulfill his promise with a certain witch.

Oh how he missed the isolated and quiet atmosphere of the forest. The man instinctively touched the pendant hidden inside his coat - the blessing of his mentor - wondered if she missed him after all those years and would she be angry for his lack of visit.

Couldn't say Mihawk isn't surprised to see Yidhra hasn't changed a bit because he knew the witch had her way to maintain her beauty. His heart started pounding at the same rhythm as when he departed for his journey. She was still the same beautiful woman in his memory that he had fallen in love with and this feeling had never once died down.

The man was hoping to confess to her once they finished their duel, and prayed that the witch will not reject him, not after everything. He wanted to show her how much he has changed and how strong he has become. To prove that her dear pupil did not disappoint her and proved that he is ready to advance their relationship higher than mentor and pupil. Finally, to tell her that it is time he took care of her.

Mihawk could never tell what Yidhra was intending to do. Not back then and definitely not now. So all he could do was stare when his blade Yoru pierced through Yidhra's chest, frightening.

It was never his intention to win the witch in their duel, let alone kill her. She could have easily dodged his attack like she always did, but for some reason, she charged right into his blade and let it pierced through her body like a ragdoll. The swordsman's cold mask cracked as he threw the blade aside and held her body in his arms. His hands were shaking and stained with the witch's blood. His mentor's blood.

His love's blood.

Panic started to swamp all over Mihawk along with the fear of losing Yidhra.

"Why would you do that??? Yidhra! Hold on! I wil—" He questioned but the witch stopped him.

"...It is the price." It took so long to see her gentle smile again but things shouldn't turn out like this! "It is okay... I have walked the earth long enough that death is a gift... and I wish to die by thy hands, dear dalta."

"But I could never—"

"I know. That... is why I made it the price and not telling thee about it....... I am sorry, Mihawk."

It was the first time Yidhra called his name and probably the last time.

"No! Do not leave me! Mentor! Yidhra! I—--"

......I love you.

----------

dalta = pupil/student in Irish

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 1.1K 54
Mostly fluff
41.1K 1.2K 19
(Y/N) has never had a family as long as she could remember. For the past 5 years she's been dressing up as a boy, to hide the fact that she is a woma...
10.8K 229 18
A bunch of Oneshots for One Piece.