Number Neighbors- Natasha Rom...

By Upon-A-Starry-Night

When you catch sight of the newest trend going around you know you're all but bound to at least try it, it wa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Final Authors Note!
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 12

1.1K 49 28
By Upon-A-Starry-Night

You wouldn't call yourself a totally hopeless romantic, but when Leon showed up at your door dressed to the T, holding roses, and asking you out with a charming smirk you nearly swooned.

You placed the flowers in a vase on your kitchen counter where they would probably stay long after they wilted. You took note of how long it even took you to find an actual vase in your place, not to mention how dusty it was.

Modern 'dating' has drowned out so much romance these days.

It had been so long since you went on a date you forgot how nice it felt to get out of the house with other people, how nice it felt to be the center of someone's attention and admiration. You wouldn't say you craved it necessarily but you definitely lacked a lot of social interaction. Not to mention you were 100% touch-starved.

Leon picked you up and took you out to see a movie, it was an unconventional first date but you didn't mind. Especially not when he held your hand and bought you expensive movie theater snacks. It was cute and simple. It wasn't like you were expecting a whole lot.

On the way there the two of you got to know each other better, you found out his mother had died 4 years ago and that he had been helping his dad with the restaurant ever since.

You felt so much respect for him that he'd stuck by his father to help him.

The two of you played 20 questions for most of the car ride, learning simple things about each other like favorite movies, preferred colors, and biggest dreams

It eased a lot of the anxiety you'd been feeling since he picked you up.

Thankfully he didn't seem to notice how nervous you were and if your palms were sweaty in his, he never commented on it.

The movie was a comedy that you enjoyed, although you kept getting distracted by Leon playfully stealing your popcorn.

You were so used to doing things by yourself that you forgot how fun simple things were with other people.

You really should try to make more friends.

Your train of thought drifted to Nat a lot of times throughout the night. For some reason, you kept wondering if she would enjoy doing things like this with you. You let yourself indulge in your fantasy for a moment, pretending that Leon was Nat and that you two were meeting up for the first time but not the last time. It wasn't a bad date but you found it felt better when you imagined Nat there.

You felt less nervous.

It almost got to the point where a joke was made in the movie about spies and you turned to laugh with Nat about the inside joke, only to find Leon with his eyes trained on the screen.

You were the only one in the theater who had laughed.

You shook the thoughts out of your head. Here Leon was treating you to a nice movie and you're thinking about someone else.

The rest of the date you tried to focus on Leon and the movie but now there was a distinct feeling of something missing.

You hated how easily Nat could take over your brain lately, and how much hope and happiness you got from imagining her with you everywhere.

It was becoming a problem so much that you really did begin taking her with you everywhere.

When you went to the grocery store there she was telling you sassily that you should eat more than frozen pizza and chicken nuggets.

(An argument you'd had over text many times)

When you went to the library she was there telling you to pick out books other than romance novels

Everywhere you went she was there commenting on things

Always faceless but wearing that same red t-shirt from the photo she sent you.

You didn't realize just how much she had begun to infiltrate your life until now.

In a way, it comforted you.

If you couldn't have the real thing then maybe you could live with Imaginary Nat.

When Leon dropped you off at your apartment you kissed him on the cheek and entered your apartment with a smiling face, immediately opening your phone to text Nat about the whole ordeal. She was quick to text back, she had been more responsive since your break from each other.

And sassier than ever as well

               Nat🔪:

Nat🔪:

A Movie? Really?

Y/n🍦:

Shut up it was cute

He held my hand and bought me popcorn

Nat🔪:

Wow.

I'm teeming with jealousy.

Y/n🍦:

It was a first date

Nothing's perfect on a first date.

Nat🔪:

Whoever told you that was a liar.

C'mon, you can't be serious about that...

Y/n🍦:

I don't think I've ever had a perfect first date

Nat🔪:

Then you've been with all the wrong people Y/n.

Y/n🍦:

Where would you take someone on a first date?

She took a while to type, the three dots appearing and disappearing numerous times. You took the spare time to get ready for bed and change into your pajamas. You hopped into bed, reveling in the warmth that the covers brought you.

Nat🔪:

Depends on the person

Y/n🍦:

Did you take all that time to type that?

What were you thinking before you pressed backspace?

Nat🔪:

Well a date idea for you - based on what you've

told me about yourself-

Probably a rooftop picnic.

Y/n🍦:

Oh?

You hadn't been on a picnic in a long time. Going on one did sound nice actually...

Nat🔪:

Since you never get out of the house

Y/n🍦:

Hey! I get out enough!

Nat🔪:

Maybe I'd bring a game or some paints,

You can learn a lot about someone by what they

Paint on a first date.

Then I'd probably want to walk around

with you for a bit just to listen to you talk.

Then I'd take you out stargazing. You seem like the type.

Hypothetically, of course.

You threw your phone onto your bed and turned to scream into your pillow. It really was not fair how suave Nat could be sometimes. And how were you supposed to gush about your date when she just made up a much better hypothetical date? You were pretty sure you were blushing more at her idea than you had all night with Leon.

Y/n🍦:

Hypothetically you're right.

That sounds like a dream

Are you speaking from experience?

You were trying to prepare yourself for if the answer was yes, you had to admit you'd be pretty jealous of whoever got that date. Although you think you'd probably be jealous of anyone going out with Nat, she seems like the type of person to treat her partner right.

You tried not to let your brain go down that path.

Nat🔪:

All of that was specific to you, Y/n.

I wouldn't do that with anyone else

Screw it, all of your apprehension went out of the window. What were you supposed to say to that?

You immediately began imagining the date Nat described, your favorite foods sprawled across a stereotypical red and white blanket as you looked over the city. Walking around Central Park for hours, finally talking to Nat in person and hearing what her laugh sounded like. Driving away from central New York to the outskirts of town where you can see a million stars. It all sounded like the perfect day.

And when you tried to imagine it with Leon or anyone else it just didn't feel quite right.

But you would never get that with her.

So even though it made your heart flutter and your stomach flip you pushed out the thoughts of you and Nat together.

Even if you really wanted to be.

Shit, You were so in over your head.

~~~

Normally showers were your happy place but You'd practically freaked out when Leon told you your next date would be at a fancy expensive restaurant down the street. You'd passed by it so many times and wondered what the inside looked like but you never thought you'd actually eat there. It made you exponentially nervous.

The types of people you saw going in there were nothing like you.

And if you were honest, you weren't sure you wanted to be anything like them.

But Leon was treating you and it was such a classic date idea, especially in the movies.

You couldn't just say no.

Briefly, you wondered if Nat was the kind of person to enjoy expensive restaurants. The thought of her sparked an idea in your head:

Maybe Nat could help you out.

You finished cleaning up and stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around your body and quickly wiping your fingers on it to grab your phone.

You paused the soft music you'd been playing and opened the messages app.

Pausing to reread and huff out a laugh at your previous messages.

Something about Nat complaining about not getting any privacy with her roommates. Something you only recently found out she had.

                   Nat🔪:

Y/n🍦:

Emergency!

Nat's responses were immediate and you almost felt bad for phrasing your text so urgently

Nat🔪:

What?

What is it

Are you okay?

Y/n🍦:

I don't have anything to wear 😫

Nat🔪:

I'm blocking you.

Y/n🍦:

Natttt

I need your help

Please

Nat?

Where'd you go?

Nat🔪:

You can no longer send messages to this number

Y/n🍦:

That's not the real blocked message.

You pathological liar. At least make it believable.

For real I need your help

Nat🔪:

Why is this such a big deal?

Y/n🍦:

I have to wear something fancy to this restaurant

Leon is taking me to.

It's called Sharp Cuisine

Nat🔪:

Fancy?

That's not very you

Didn't you two literally meet in a diner?

Y/n🍦:

Hey, I'll never say no to free food.

Nat🔪:

How can he even afford a place like that?

Y/n🍦:

Maybe he has connections?

Nat🔪:

If that's the case have fun eating

In the storage closet

Y/n🍦:

I'm so stressed out, I don't

Go out enough to have fancy outfits.

I think there's dust on my clubbing outfit...

Nat🔪:

That's depressing.

Dates aren't meant to be stressful Y/n.

Maybe you should tell him?

Y/n🍦:

He already made reservations

Not everyone is as romantic as you Nat.

I wish.

Nat🔪:

Fine, show me your options.

Y/n🍦:

Thank God

I Love you (Deleted)

I owe you!

~

When you'd gotten to the restaurant you were still self-conscious but you felt a lot better in the outfit Nat helped you pick, along with the accessories she told you would pair with it perfectly.

Halfway through the -honestly average dinner a fancy server approached you with a plate. Your favorite dessert sat prettily decorated and you stared in awe. Worried you might start drooling soon you turned to Leon to thank him only for him to turn to the waiter with concern etched onto his features

"Sorry but, I didn't order this"

You furrowed your eyebrows, disappointment settling at the fact that the server probably delivered it to the wrong table

"I'm well aware sir, someone came in and told us to give it to someone named Y/n?"

You perked up at that, something hopeful and curious stirring inside your chest

"I'm Y/n" The waiter turned his attention to you, nodding his head slightly as if to say he already knew

"Yes I was given a description of your dress" He places the dessert next to your half-eaten meal and then hands you a note written on a napkin and walks away to serve another table.

You took a bite out of the sugary dish and nearly moaned at how good it was, after a few more bites you finally looked down and read the note written in pretty but precise handwriting.

"I have connections too. Enjoy your dessert, Y/n ;) ~ Nat"

Your heart nearly stopped in your chest,

She was here.

A/n: -Writing Leon and Y/n scenes is literally sooo hard for me I'm sorry- that's why they might b boring~ Starry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.3K 1.9K 35
"One of the few things I learned in my life was that death always comes. Senescence, illness or... murder, death is always the end every single one o...
314K 6.9K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...
140K 2.7K 29
just some reader (fem) x natasha romanoff imagines :) A LOT OF FLUFF :]] [please consider that english is not my native language]
88.7K 2.9K 26
Everyone knows the famous Natasha Romanoff but only as a soldier. Not many people know what happened in the battle against Thanos but how could she f...