Purple Thunder | A Jayden Shi...

By _readablestories215

Tawny Bartley has lived in the Shiba house since she was 6 years old after her parents died from fighting off... More

Info ~ please read
Origins, Part 1
The Team Unites
Deal with a Nighlok
Day Off
Sticks and Stones
A Fish out of Water
There go the Brides
I've Got a Spell on Blue
Forest of the Trees
Test of the Leader
Jayden's Challenge
Unexpected Arrival
Room for One More
A/n
The Blue and The Gold
Team Spirit Part 1
~ A/n ~

Origins, Part 2

331 7 0
By _readablestories215

"There is more to being a Power Ranger than mastering a sword." Ji taught, "You must also learn to use your inherited Samurai symbols. Aha, fire symbol."

Jaydens paper caught on fire after drawing his symbol. He blew his paint brush that also caught on fire as well. I was in between Jayden and Mike drawing the strokes of my Thunder symbol. 

"Aah Thunder." Ji said. 

My symbol disappeared, but then my eyes bulged open. I ducked my head before the Lightning could blast me with a purple ray of danger. I peered back up at my canvas, and revolved my attention behind me. There was a big black stain of smoke that covered a spot of the roof onto the Shiba house. 

Ji laughed as well as a few others. He walked away, and at Kevin.

"Yes. Water." Ji said in a calm and soothing voice.

Kevin's symbol turned into water, but the water splashed all over Kevins face.

"Good. Earth symbol." Ji said as Emily's symbol turned into a large rock. The rock then smashed onto Kevin's foot. Ouch.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Are you okay?!" Emily apologized.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Kevin reassured.

"Ahh. The symbol for wind." Mia's symbol turned into wind then blew into her face, and through her hair. "Very good."

"Ugh. Thats not right." Mike groaned, "Wait is it this way? Thats it!"

"The order of the strokes is wrong." Ji told him, "Mike, you must practice more."

"Okay, I get it. Practice." Mike repeated Ji.

Mike lifted his brush to his paper again, "How bout a lunch break? You'd be amazed at how well I practice after a few slices of pizza!"

I held in my laughter. Ji glared at Mikes hand which was on his shoulder. Mike took his hand off of Ji, and continued practicing his Forest symbol. Mike didn't get his lunch break until a few hours later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mike and I were watching Kevin train endlessly, as we finish our drinks. It was lunch, and Kevin hasn't eaten yet. He hasn't eaten since breakfast.

I'm leaning onto the wooden door frame that leads to the training floor. Mike has his arms through the square holes of the door, leaning against the wooden door.

"Hey Kev. Do you ever take a break?" Mike asked after slurping nonstop.

"Every second that you are not training, is a second waisted." Kevin answered kicking the beanbag again.

"So, you're gonna starve yourself everyday?" I asked taking another sip of my drink, "Smart."

"Alright Kev, don't blow a gasket." Mike jumped in again.

Mike and I took long slurps of our now empty drinks just to distract Kevin.

"Alright. Let's see if your practice makes perfect." Mike said setting his empty drink down.

Kevin started swinging his arms at Mike. Mike backed up, and got Kevin into a 'chokehold.' A very bad chokehold.

Suddenly Mia comes in slightly panicked, yet slightly calm.

"You guys, I can't find Emily." Mia tells us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Emily!" I called our for the Blonde haired yellow ranger.

Kevin, Mia, Mike, and I decided to check the mall. We're all spread out, and tried looking for Emily. A little while after we all met up inside a glassed building I wasn't the last one to get there,  but I did arrive after Kevin. 

"Did you find Emily?" Mia asked.

"No." I answered. "What if we're just being dramatic, and she's back at the house somewhere."

"I looked everywhere for her there." Mia said.

"Yeah, and we looked everywhere for her here too." I said back.

"Mike, how bout you?" Mia asked as Mike came up to us with food in his hands. 

"How bout what?" Mike asked with a full mouth.

I laughed under my breath as Kevin started, "About Emily. Were you even looking for her?" 

"Yeah, but I got hungry." Mike answered, "Emily probably went out sight seeing or shopping or something. I'm sure she's okay."

"I don't know. She's a country girl. She wouldn't wander around the city by herself." Mia explained.

I watched as Kevin stared at Mike's Bbq chicken on a stick, "Wanna bite?" Mike offered.

Kevin snapped out of his trans, "No thanks. I never snack between meals while I'm Samurai training."

"When aren't you in training?" Mike and I asked at the exact same time. I then stole Mike's Barbecue stick right out of his hand, and took a bite of it. 

"Hey!" Mike shot.

"Never." Kevin smacked his lips before uttering that one word. Mike took his barbecue stick back from me then continued to eat. 

"Wow. You're really serious about the Samurai lifestyle." Mia said.

"Of course, aren't you?" Kevin asked.

"Yes but, I'd also want to have a normal life. You know, find my Prince Charming someday." Mia answered. "I'm getting used to the idea that now I'm a Samurai, but it's a little scary."

"It's a big adjustment, you'll get used to it." Kevin assured her.

"What about you? I heard you left your dreams of swimming in the olympics to be here Kevin. Don't you miss it?" Mia asked.

"No. When a Samurai decides to serve, he's committed. Forever." Kevin answered.

"Wow. Forever? Thats a long time to go without a snack." Mike joked, and I chuckled.

"Hey, there she is." Mia said pointing to Emily who was training by herself under a few trees. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Emily!"

"You're training all by yourself?" Mike asked.

"Yes, the dedication of a Samurai." Kevin said proudly.

"It's not just that. I promised my big sister to work hard, so that I can be as a good of a fighter like the rest of you!" Emily explained. 

"Your big sister?" Kevin asked in a low voice. 

Emily pulled out her flute with a sad face on, "My big sister was supposed to become the yellow Ranger, but she got sick. I had to take her place."

"Wow. Thats a lot to ask of you." Mike claimed.

"It's been tougher to see her go through her illness." Emily answered. "And anyways, I wasn't a superstar at school-"

"Don't sell yourself short." Mia spat out.

"Oh I do have a talents! I'm really good at playing the flute! And I can definitely handle a sword, so becoming a Power ranger is a fresh start for me!" Emily told us happily.

I smiled at that.

"Did you hear that! She has a heart of a true Samurai warrior!" Kevin stated.

"You've been training hard. You need this more than I do." Mike offered Emily another stick of Chicken. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gap sensors went off an hour after we arrived back home with Emily. 

"What's this?" Mike asked.

"Thats the Gap sensor." I answered. "It goes off the moment a Nighlok. enters through a gap."

Ji tapped the coffee table thats in the middle of the map room. A map showed up onto the table.

"Sweet." Mike whispered to himself.

Ji pressed onto the table again exposing exactly where the Nighlok is located. "City Hall."

Jayden walked up, "Samurai we have a battle to fight." Jayden and I ran off together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jayden's Folding Zord attacked the Nighlok who was about to hurt an innocent lady.

"Who's this?!" The Nighlok exclaimed as we all stood in a line. 

"Samuraizer!" Jayden yelled.

"Go go Samurai!" We all yelled in unison. "Rangers together! Samurai forever!"

"Attack!" The Nighlok demanded the Moogers. 

"Let's Roll!" Jayden yelled out.

Thats the first time I've heard him say a line that isn't so cheesy or cringe!

We all took on every Mooger that was thrown at us. 

"Thunder blades!" I yelled out as my two bladed sword appeared in my hand. I got out my purple disc, and placed it on the side of the handle. 

I held up my blades in the sky letting grey Thunder clouds form. Thunder then struck my blades, and I threw my Two bladed sword straight at the Moogers in front of me. Every Mooger that my blades touched disintegrated.

"Hydro Bow!"

"Sky Fan!"

"Forest Spear!"

"Earths Splicer!"

"Fire Smasher!"Jayden yelled waving around his fire smasher at other Moogers, "Hate to fire smash and dash, but.."(Okay, that was pretty funny).

Suddenly a loud explosion came from another area of the City hall. I saw Jayden running towards the loud explosion as I was being pinned down by another Mooger. I used both my feet to kick the Mooger off, and slice his stomach with my Thunder Blade. 

I ran towards Jayden and the Nighlok as they're battling. Jayden was pinned down by the Nighlok as well.

"Heads up!" I yell jumping into action. Jayden landed his eyes behind the Nighlok, and right at me. The Nighlok spun his head around giving his attention to me.

Jayden and the Nighlok rolled out of the way in opposite directions before I could carve both their skulls open. 

When the Nighlok got up to his feet, I immediately swung my two-bladed sword to his stomach which made him fly backwards into a cement wall.

"Thanks." Jayden said as I helped him up. 

We continued to battle the Nighlok. At one point I was choking the Nighlok on his shoulders with my 2-bladed weapon while Jayden was blocking the Nighloks sword with his fire smasher. But Emily miss-aimed her Earths Splicer. Her Splicer headed directly between Jayden and the Nighlok. Jayden dodged the Splicer, but that gave the Nighlok enough time to throw Jayden into the upper cement wall. 

When the evil monster threw Jayden up into a wall, I lost my grip and fell off the Nighloks shoulders and landed on my back. Jayden landed on a short pile of broken cement bricks. 

"Jayden!" I shouted. 

My instincts told me that the Nighloks large dagger was falling towards me. I rolled out of the way and ran up to the Red Ranger before the Nighlok could give me another hit. I knelt down next to him as he laid onto his back in pure pain. 

"Oh no! I hit you by mistake!" Emily apologized joining Jayden and I on the ground. 

"Bye Bye Ranger!" The Nighlok exclaimed getting ready to do whatever he was about to do to us. 

"Emily!"

"Watch out!"

"Jayden! I'll cover you!" Emily yelled standing in front of Jayden and I with open arms and spread out legs. 

"Whirl wind Side attack!"

The rest of the Ranger team tried bolting for us in an attempt to rescue us. They weren't fast enough. The Nighlok slammed us with his long tail attack.

Jayden and I were the only ones who were still transformed into our suits. The rest of the Rangers were in so much pain that they de-transformed when we were exploded.

"There. Beating them was like taking Candy from a baby!" The Nighlok cheered.

Jayden stood up in a weird stance. I was on my side trying to stand back up, but I was in too much pain. 

"We must stand and be strong! Either we defeat the Nighlok or we will be defeated!" Jayden spoke out.

"Understood!" Kevin exclaimed on one knee. Jayden fell back onto his knee only able to stand for a moment of time as I got on all fours. 

"Yeah yeah, I know." Mike agreed on all fours as well. 

"Emily!" Mia cried in a panicked tone, "Are you okay?!"

"Mia, stay with her." Jayden told her, "There's a girl left behind, I must save her-"

"We!" I corrected him barely rising back up to my feet, "We, must save her."

He nodded his head downwards in an, 'Okay, understood,' matter. 

I picked up my regular sword that was laying beside my feet, and limped after Jayden. He seized his own sword  and held his rib with his other hand.

Before charging after the Nighlok we got into a fighting stance again. We then charged yelling out battle cries. 

The Nighlok blocked Jaydens maneuver attack while I swooped behind the Nighlok, and struck the monsters back. 

The Nighlok spun his feet around, and darted his sword at me. I dodged the Nighloks weapon. Jayden struck the Nighloks back exactly like how I did it. 

We dodged and blocked every swing the Nighlok threw at us. Jayden blocked the Nighloks sword attack while he was facing the opposite direction from his opponent, also while he was knelt down. 

While they were in that position, I took the opportunity to stab the Nighlok with the other end of my sword. Causing him to fly into a few big piles of cement walls.

I ran after the kid who was hiding behind a rock. Jayden stood in the exact same spot keeping his eyes on the Nighlok who was on the ground, and hurt. 

"Don't worry, we'll protect you!" I assured the little girl. 

"Hannah!" I heard an older woman cry out.

"Mommy!" The little girl shouted.

"We've gotta help Tawny and Jayden!" Kevin exclaimed. I lead the little girl back to her mother, and they ran off.

"Why you!" The Nighlok shrieked in anger.

I whirled my attention back towards the Nighlok, "You gotta admit. Those two got style." I heard Mike say.

"Time to skewer Samurai!" The Nighlok teased as Jayden and I charged for the Nighlok once again. 

"They're able to stay so focused on defeated evil. I only hope I'm up to the challenge." I heard Emily softly say.

I wasn't paying that much attention to the others, but Jayden and I were kicked back to the ground. The Nighlok was about to do his, 'Whirl Wind Side attack,' when the other rangers leaped out of no where. They sliced the Nighloks spiky tail all at the same time. 

Jayden helped me back up to my feet, "Jayden! Tawny! What now?"

"Our spin swords will turn them into dust!" Jayden and I answered at the same time. 

Me and Jayden took out our discs and spun it onto the handles of our swords. Orange-Red Fire surrounded his sword while Purple Lightning surrounded mine. Kevin, Mia, Mike, and Emily did the same thing with their swords. 

"Spin Sword! Sextuple Slash!" We all chanted in unison.

"Ah, big deal!" The Nighlok stated.

"Now you're really gonna get it!" The Nighlok stated confidently until, "Uh oh!"

One by one we all slashed the Nighlok with our spins swords. We posed in front of the Nighlok as he finally exploded.

"Yeah, that was excellent!" Kevin said.

"We're not done yet, here's the Mega-Monster!" Jayden stated looking up at the Nighlok who was now growing into a Giant. 

"Don't think you won just yet Rangers!" The Nighlok exclaimed.

"Lion Folding Zord!"

"Raven Folding Zord!"

"Ape Folding Zord!"

"Bear Folding Zord!"

"Dragon Folding Zord!"

"Turtle Folding Zord!"

"Mega Mode Power!" We all exclaimed in unison.

We all charged for the Nighlok, but Zords alone weren't enough. We needed a Samurai combination. Kevin tried combining the Zords together, but it didn't go so well. Jayden combined us all together, and we did end up winning

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.7K 731 15
1) Stay Calm 2) Stay Hidden 3) Stay Away 4) Stay Safe Those were the four rules that my parents had told me always to follow, no matter, what happene...
1.3M 30.1K 200
this story does contain mature scenes. sex, violence, language, drug use, etc. please do not read if you are sensitive to this If you've been reading...
129K 3.6K 16
Kruno Inuzuka was kidnapped when she was six years old from her home in the hidden leaf village. Now, six years later, she has returned to find her b...
21.9K 309 17
When Ji realizes the nighlok are to strong for the rangers alone he tells Jayden that he needs to find the last in the line of a unknown ranger who h...