Arcade | m.b.

By amira_bloom

"You play around with feelings as if you're in a f**king arcade!" |[ Marcus Baker x fem oc ]| warnings• Menti... More

C a s t
01 | ghost house
02 | Welcome to high school
03 | Cutting class & taking names
05 | hate strawberries
06 | sleepover?
07 | picnic date twist
08 | netflix and chill...really

04 | choices were made

20 2 0
By amira_bloom

Now Playing:

People pleaser -- Wallows
0:01 ❍─────────────────────────────── 4:47
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺

The following day, Olive hasn't left Marcus' mind, clouding his every thought, every second. He wanted to be friends with her. This was strange as Marcus usually would want to just hook up with someone like Olive and he wasn't the biggest fan of friendships, yet he yearned to be her friend.

So for the first time, he actually looked forward to going to school, with the hopes he would find the brunette there. He felt foolish for even feeling giddy about the entire thing but Marcus couldn't deny that he was genuinely excited to see her. There was something about Olive's blunt personality that gave Marcus's dreary, messy life light.

While he was walking around the hallway, he looked around hoping to find the brunette but had no avail. Eventually, he just gave up and skipped class.

Olive on the other hand was getting dragged to a bunch of clubs to join.

"Hi, you're Olive, right? I'm Bracia, I represent leadership and maybe you're interested in joining?" Bracia asked, handing Olive a little pamphlet.

She seems nice and maybe it wouldn't hurt to join a leadership thing, whatever this is.

Olive looked up, smiling at Bracia, "Sure, why not? How do I sign up?" Bracia practically gleamed the moment Olive said yes before pulling out a piece of paper.

"Just sign here," Olive signed the paper, handing it back to her, Bracia smiled brightly, "We have a meeting this Thursday in the cafeteria after school, can't wait to see you there!"

Olive was still rather dazed at what just happened, after all, it happened so quickly.

I guess I have meetings to attend now... fun... I shouldn't have joined.

Olive hunched down in frustration and regret but what could she do now?

"Hey, Olive!" Maxine called over from their tree in the hallway, beckoning the brunette to come over. And for a moment Olive calculated how she could escape the situation, until of course, she spotted Aspen in Maxine's chokehold, begging for her help.

Sighing, Olive begrudgingly walked over to the strange friend group she had gotten entangled with.

"Soo, I was thinking You and Ginny should come over to my place after school, to do homework or whatever," Maxine said, eyeing both Ginny and Olive hoping the two would say yes.

"Actually, n-"

"Oli would love that," Aspen butted in, finally breaking from the chokehold he was in, wrapping an arm around Olive.

"Pen, what the fu-"

"Please, I was invited too, please Oli, I'll treat you to Chinese food tonight I promise," Aspen whispered, begging Olive to give him a chance.

Olive rolled her eyes before directing a smile to Maxin. "Sure, I'd love to," she said through her teeth.

But I want to go home and watch the great British bake off@!!

Olive almost wanted to just bolt out of there, her house wasn't that far away actually but before she could even turn around, Aspen was quick to wrap an arm around her shoulder and drag her inside the house.

"I hate you so much," Olive bellowed while Aspen only chuckled.

"Love you too, Oli."

Maxine led them to her room, Olive took one glance at the entire room before claiming a seat on the window bench.

While Aspen claimed their place on the bed and the comfy bench by the bed

"Your bedroom is amazing," Ginny complimented as they walked in.

Maxine plopped on her bed with a sigh, "I know," she gloated.

"Okay this is really cute," Ginny reached out for a jacket on Maxine's chair.

"Try it on," Maxine said.

As Ginny tried the jacket on, Olive eyed Aspen as the two communicated through their eyes.

"Once we're out here, I'll kill you," Olive's eyebrows said.

"You would but you love me too much," replied Aspen's.

"Oh I love that on you, you have to keep it," Maxine said. Aspen and Olive looked at Ginny and blindly nodded, barely present in the conversation.

"Really?" Ginny turned in disbelief.

"A hundred percent, it looks better on you than it did on me," Maxine lazily laid back down on the bed, then grabbed her laptop.

"I can't believe we have so much English homework already and it's only our first day," she complained.

"Mr Gitten is such an asshole," Ginny complained. Aspen and Olive eyed each other, silently agreeing with Ginny.

"Oh, he's a power-hungry monster. Total troll beneath the bridge," Maxine added as the two insulted the English teacher and the other duo was just chilling in the background.

"Soo, how are you two liking Wellsbury? Is it paradise?" Maxine asked Olive and Ginny.

"Total buzzkill, been living here for 3 years, and it turns out the school is more boring than its town," Olive complained.

"It's weird," Ginny answered, glancing at Olive now and then.

"I'm supposed to subtly and casually ask you if you have a boyfriend," Maxined said coyly. "Hunter wants to know," she grinned.

Olive rolled her eyes, no longer wanting to be in the conversation, and got up to the door, "You mind if I grab some food in the kitchen?"

Maxine looked up and lazily nodded, before turning to Ginny.

"I uh, don't have a boyfriend.."

Olive walked out of the room and found her way to the kitchen where Marcus was grabbing a bunch of chips too. His eyes widened at the sight of the brunette now casually walking into the kitchen like it was nothing.

"What's up, mop head," Olive greeted, walking over to grab some snacks from the same cupboard Marcus took from, the brunette now standing inches in front of the boy. Marcus looked away, flustered at the proximity.

Olive looked behind, facing Marcus, who was now covering his mouth to prevent Olive from smelling his breath.

Olive's eyebrows furrowed slightly, "Is there something wrong?" Marcus blinked and slowly let his guard down. There was something about her voice, soft and genuine that Marcus could only stare at Olive's eyes.

"Yo, Marcus?" Olive asked, now genuinely concerned, Marcus had been silent the entire time since she stepped foot into the kitchen.

Marcus cleared his throat, "Sorry, I just... I've been smoking weed, I probably smell bad," he shyly stated.

Olive laughed, patting Marcus' shoulder lightly, "Don't be sorry, mate, you smell fine."

Marcus hummed, now stepping away from Olive and leaning on the kitchen island, finally relaxing. "So why are you back here? Don't tell me you snuck in," Marcus joked.

Olive shoved a piece of chip into her mouth, "Yeah, I'm not that stupid," she joked, "Your sister invited me."

Marcus raised a brow, "You don't seem to be the type to be friends with Max."

"Uh-huh, tell that to Aspen," she muttered.

"Who's Aspen-"

"Oli, where are you?" Aspen descended the stairs and ran to the kitchen, Olive's bag in his hands. He only glances at Marcus before handing Olive her bag.

"Quick, quick, Mum called me, said you can come sleep over. Come on before Max traps us here," he said, already out the door. Olive rolled her eyes, pulling her bag over her shoulder.

"Alright... See you sometime, Baker," Olive waved goodbye before leaving the house and closing the door. Marcus left with more questions than he used to. First of all, who was Aspen to Olive and what was he to Olive?

Were they friends now? Does he want to remain friends if that's the case? Wait, does he want to be with Olive? But he just wanted to be friends with her when they met...was it because of her voice earlier?

Marcus, now frustrated, shook his head and decided to just go to his motorbike and clean it up to clear his head.

Marcus was cleaning his bike when Max's new friend, Ginny, the girl he messed with the day before, walked up to him and asked to ride his bike before stealing it basically and riding the bike across the street. At first, Marcus thought how like-Olive that was but then Ginny got down and walked over to him, cupping his face and kissing him on the lips.

"What the"

Ginny only looked at him as they broke apart before running away.

Marcus held a finger to his lips as he tried to process what just happened.

"Did she just...kiss me?"

Later that night, Marcus couldn't sleep. All he could think of was the two encounters he had that day. One, Olive was in his house, and he couldn't explain but there was something exciting just seeing Olive standing there. It's weird and he knows that.

Two, Ginny kissed him.

Of course, he would think of that. He just met her.

But for some reason, his mind would bounce between the two encounters. Despite the interaction being short, Marcus couldn't stop thinking about when Olive was inches in front of him, he could smell the dark perfume scent from her.

And that voice...what was with that voice that made his heart race even when he was just thinking about it.

Frustrated, Marcus got up climbed out of his room, and walked down the street when he saw Olive and her friend giggling and pushing each other on the empty streets. Olive chased him around while Aspen only laughed at her while running backward.

His heart dropped...

They looked good together.

Unlike Marcus and Olive, who were the same height, Aspen was slightly taller than Olive and the way the brunette looked up to the guy made her look like his girlfriend. It didn't help that Marcus overheard Max shipping the two like crazy.

Maybe they are together...

Heartbroken, Marcus walked away, eyes landing on his new neighbor's room. Ginny's room.

F*** it. He thought, he then climbed up to her room and choices were made that night.

...

Olive and Aspen were high on laughter, the two had been watching and bullying characters on TV shows the entire evening and decided to grab some ice cream from the convenience store at the end of town.

Their conversations went from who could drink water faster to how the environmental state of the world was super concerning. As their midnight conversations always went.

"I saw you with Max's brother earlier, you two close?" Aspen brought, now relaxed and walking normally.

Olive cocked her head up and lazily looked up to the sky, polluted with light and no stars in sight, "I think we're friends... he's nice," she whispered.

Aspen looked at Olive with a teasing smirk, "Oooh, you like him." He bumped into her, almost pushing Olive off balance.

"Watch it! Also, no, I just think he's nice," Olive defended.

"Oli, you never say people are nice. You. like. him," Aspen teased, "I for one think he's unattractive and a lazy bum"

Olive looked up to Aspen, "No he's not- sh*t"

The raven-haired boy jumped and pointed at Olive, "Bingo!"

"You're the worst!" Olive ran to the boy, who quickly jumped away from her wrath, now running away from her while singing the childish song.

"Marcus and Olive sitting in the tree k-i-s-OW!" Olive eventually caught up to him, chopping his head and grabbing him to a chokehold.

"This is the second time I have myself in this position," he gasped, tapping Olive's arm, "I am starting to reconsider our friendship," he muttered.

"That's what you get," Olive bellowed.

"For teasing you or insulting Marcu-erugh ᵒᵏᵃʸ ᵒᵏᵃʸ ᴵ'ˡˡ ˢᵗᵒᵖ!" Aspen tapped Olive's arm and the brunette eventually let him go.

I don't like him that way... I couldn't... we just met.

04 | end

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
18.3K 226 5
Brooke Burkhardt is Nick Burkhardt little sister. She is a doctor. She is a grimm. She is very special in her own way.
19.1K 618 32
When 20-year-old Charlotte de Alexandre meets a mysterious man at a party, a whole new world that she never knew existed begins to unravel in front o...
7.7K 480 40
Joker is warring with trying to enjoy married life and his inner repulsion of personal attachments. This is the sequel to Smile (with Teeth). You sho...