Percabeth meets people

By MarBear_thewise

WARNING- High amounts of both sass and fluff in the form of percabeth, may follow. Proceed with caution- WARN... More

The puzzle
Charcter idea chart
Sweet dreams
Lily maxwell
The Babysitter
Wise girl
Max o'donnel
Floorplan
Dreams
Chrismas 1
Chrismas 2
Memes 1
Late nights
Later nights
Piper + shel
Memes 2
Enemies
Memes 3
To many more
The Sleepover
Brooklyn in long island (2)

Brooklyn from brooklyn (1)

248 8 12
By MarBear_thewise

Buckle up people, an excessively long story lays ahead.
————
Brooklyn Singh POV

Serious what the hell. In the last few days I, have seen it all. Literally one moment I'm sitting in my 101 marine biology class, and the next I'm getting attacked by a demon bird. Thanks a lot.

So basically, what happened, was that I go to a school for 'special' kids. You know the one your headmaster keeps a pamphlet advertising, for in his desk drawer. Yep that's me, the special needs kid.

That's the thing though, everyone just automatically assumes I'm stupid, just because of my school name, we're famous around the Brooklyn area, just not for the right reasons.

St. Augustine's takes all the troubled kids, the ones Juvie didn't want, or you're just unlucky enough to have ADHD and stupid enough to steal a couple of off brand iPhones. Oops, that last part's kinda my fault.

So, that's that I guess, really I don't mind much, see I've grown up with these kids here, that's why college was such a big change for me. That's what I was saying about being underestimated, because somehow, I managed to land a spot a New York university. And despite what others may think, I actually miss my old school, sure we'd seen tough times, but I'd never forget that place.

But this story isn't about my old school, it's about my new one. Or, more so, someone I met at my new school.

My first day of class was just a mess. Okay, I've always been infatuated with the ocean. Call me a nerd, but something about it was just, always so compelling. So, when it came time to choose a major, I thought, why not go the not sitting in a cubicle for the rest of my life route. Marine biology it was.

The day started fine, I stumbled out of my messy, dorm, which I shared with two different girls. Gross. A business major, and a nutrition major, yeah, Yikes.

Okay, moving on, I grabbed my coat which was hanging next to the door, and pulled it on while walking out the door. To be honest the weather was different, at best, raining, foggy, clouds all bunched up. Like the sky couldn't decide what exactly it wanted.

Campus was wet, and muddy, and I walked through puddle, after puddle to get to the white stoned building, lined with brick, and large windows. The large glass door swung opened, as I pulled it, and inside was a maze of different hallways.

I am one to constantly be late, I don't know what it is, but suddenly it became apparent that I was in fact going to be late. I pulled out my ID, which on the back, yesterday, I had written a copy of my schedule and the room numbers each class was located in, on.

In a hurry, I sprinted down a hallway panicking. Because truthfully, I didn't know how big an 8am marine biology class, would be.

What if the class was small, and the teacher remembered us all personally the next week? I really wanted to make a good impression. To my shock, the door I pulled on was not locked. Back at my old school, they used to lock the doors, precisely, at the time class started.

Inside, a man about my age stood, his face full of confusion. We both just stood there for a moment, before the guy blinked, raising an eyebrow. "Are you going to come in?"

He asked, his green-ish, blue eyes mixed with concern. I, horrified, realized that I had been standing and staring for a minute or so.

The man stood as still as a statue, still blinking, the more I looked at him, the more I realized how young he was. Though he didn't at all look nervous. "Okay, should close the door, like, whats's happening?"

I anxiously throw the door open fully, and walked passed him awkwardly, throwing my bag, over my shoulder quickly as I did so, I shuffled to my seat, grimacing, as I squeezed through the already occupied seats.

"Alright!" The man called, my back was still turned, but I managed to to fall into a comfortable, patted seat. Where, I let out a breath of relief. "Okay everyone. Welcome to, marine biology," He flashed a grin, "I will be your teacher this year, my name is Mr. Jackson. And umm yeah, we're just going to go over some rules and stuff, I don't want to bore you guys."

Mr. Jackson stood with his back to his desk. He was attired in a dark green dress shirt, and a pair of baggy jeans. The classroom, was more like a small auditorium, with the teachers desk and the very bottom, the desk was facing, rows, and rows of seats which sloped, higher, as they got progressively farther back. It was well lit, and surprisingly a nice space.

"So," Mr. Jackson began again. "I'm going to be honest. There's probably people in this room that are older than me." He paused, as a kid in the first row raised his hand. "Yes?" He asked, gesturing at the kid, eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, you're the same age as us, it's only because you're smart that you're here." The kid, whoever he was, clearly felt like he was being funny, because him, and a few others chuckled. Mr. Jackson to my surprise, laughed with them.

"Continuing, what I was actually going to say. Is that I'm not smart." Mr. Jackson paused, before sitting down in his desk chair.

"Guys I'm not smart. If I'm being honest, I had what, like a 2. something GPA in high school. I'm still here."

Clearly everyone in class was confused. Mr. Jackson again, pursed his lips, and contuined. "And I just am going to stress this again. This is an easy class. Because I'm going to make it easy for you," He took a breath. Before removing a piece of paper off his desk. "Below your desk, there is a packet of paper. I'm basically going to summarize it, any grade received on a test that is 85% or below, is eligible for a retake, or corrections. If your grade is 90% or higher, you will receive a bump up in grade form, depending on how much class work you submit."

At this point I could feel the shock going through the crowd. I myself was excited, as a B- average student, I could wait for this. "To give a little background here."

He turned his head, and looked directly at the kid who had asked the question. "Know how tough college can be, I myself, have ADHD and dislexia."

He phased, then continued, "Okay, and personally, I do know what it's like to do something, and get it wrong, and then try it again. I'm here because, I'm qualified, and because I genuinely like what I do. Don't allow my age to make you think I'm incapable of performing well." He shrugged. "Nothing more to it."

He sighed and smiled calmly, knowing fully, at this point, he had everyone present's, attention.

"So, Hi. I'm Mr. Jackson, my favorite colors blue, I love blue candy, and horses. And yeah, that's our orientation, but I love, would it if because it's a small class, if every one could go around and say there names, and like, I don't, something about them?" He asked, "Look I know we all did it in preschool, but it can still be fun okay." He smiled sarcastically.

With 1 hour left of 'official class time', we started to go around, everyone reluctantly saying their name, and something about them. My turn came, and yes, because I am that person I couldn't think of something to say. "Hi-hi I'm Brooklyn, and I'm-"

I paused staring at him. His hand resting on his head, a puzzled, patient expression on his face. "You're the late girl." He grinned. I turned cheery colored in a matter of seconds.

"Yep, that's me. The late girl. Yeah, umm- I'm Brooklyn, and umm- I'm the late girl I guess."

Mr. Jackson chuckled. I took a moment to look at him, like really looks him, I realized that he was a really attractive guy. He had jet black unruly hair, and was extremely fit looking. Suddenly though, I noticed him, pull a device out of his pocket.

Something, that was definitely not iPhone. His brow furrowed in concern, and then shock as he looked at the little bronze square.

Something was definitely wrong though, it felt like I was the only one who noticed, people were still sharing.

That was until Mr. Jackson spoke. "Hey, guys I'm really sorry I have to go. A- family emergency. Umm- class dismissed. Oh, umm no, homework or anything, Have a good first day guys." He called worriedly, clearly preoccupied with something more important. He quickly, walked out, while keeping the phone pressed to his ear.
——-
Percy Jackson's POV

If there is one thing that I know about my wife. It's that she cannot, will not, under any circumstances, ask for help. If anything, that's an understatement.

So, when I got a text saying "Percy, please come home now. I need you." I knew something was serious. As soon as I got out of my classroom, I tried calling Annabeth multiple times, even calling Grover, and asking him to call her, still, nothing.

Immediately, my concern was that a monster had attacked her. Possibly injury her, or worse.

That drive home was scary, I did feel guilty, of course, knowing that I had just walked out on my students. But to be honest, I was still comprehending the fact the I was 'Mr. Jackson.'

My hands were clenched to the wheel as I drove. What had happened? Naturally, mind put into play the worst possible scenarios. Those are the ones, that tend to happen most often when you're a demigod. I parked rapidly, and swung the door open, and shut, with a clang.

Without thinking I sprinted to the stairs of our apartment and began to climb. One flight, two, three. My surroundings began to blur as a ran down the hallway.

If anyone had passed me, I wouldn't have known. All I cared about in that moment, was making sure that my wise girl was okay. Nothing else.

My hand shook, as I twisted the door knob to my apartment, "Wise girl!" I called loudly, walking in, that's when I saw her.

My wife was sitting with her back to the wall, which held the door to our bedroom. Her legs were brought up against her chest, and she was attired in a small pair of shorts, and a large gray t-shirt. Annabeth didn't responded.

I stumbled forward, dropping my bag, which I'd carried from my car, and sitting down next to her. "Sweet heart? What's wrong?" I asked. Her hands were shaking.

She kept blinking, until, her eyes became glassy, and eventually tears began to roll down her cheeks. I exhaled. A little, small part of me was relieved, a least I knew now that she was safe. Then, that part of me shriveled up, I could feel shame already building up, annabeth had been having a tough time mentally, and in ways, that seemed worse than being attacked by monsters. We both knew how to fight, physically, just being us, sometimes demands that, but fights inside our minds, could often be worse. Especially in annabeth mind.

I picked her up, pressing her legs into a straddle position, and lifting her into the air. I made sure that her limp arms kept their circle around me. I just sighed, and placed her on the coach.

It was about then, when I began to notice, and suspect something.

On and around the coach, lay scattered, used tissues, on the table was an empty mug of tea. Had she been sick?

Well, for obvious reasons, I couldn't currently ask her, and you might be thinking, Percy, she's having a bad dream. Wake her up!

Well, I can't  folks, sorry. If I could, believe me, I would. But sometimes memories trap us in them, and there's not much you can do about it, besides sit with that person, and hold them, and tell them how much you love them.

So that's what I did. I changed into sweatpants and took off my shirt. I don't know why, I just felt like it.

I cracked open a can of coke, and made annabeth a glass of water for when she woke, then picked her up, and situated her into bed with me.

After which, I grabbed my computer, full of hopefulness, to think of something more creative than 'oh my wife said come home, so I did,' to email my boss.

Email finished, I had nothing better to do than hold annabeth close. I let out a sigh, and pulled up the blankets. That's when I realized it was going to be a very long night. So, I laid there. Kinda awkward, sort nice though, her steady breathing was enough to put me to sleep for a short, while.

Annabeth finally woke, around 3am. She gasped, and sat up, startled. "Percy-Percy?" She whispered, out of breath.

"I'm here Annie, I'm here."

I wrapped my arms around her waist, and pulled her in close, lightly pressing my lips to her back.

She sniffled. "Percy- You came?"

She asked breathlessly, "Mhm."

I kept my face planted into her back. "I woke up feeling shitty this morning." She explained quietly, fidgeting with her wedding ring, the silver band twisted on her worn finger. She often did that when she nervous.

"You were already out of the house, and I didn't see the point in calling you, because-, you were at work- and all."

Annabeth refused to turn and face me. Probably because right now I was giving her the most obvious, 'are you kidding me' face.

"Anyways," she continued, "All day I kinda had a fever, and cold. Toward the late morning I stared to get fever dreams, and then-well, yeah, you know the rest." Annabeth finally turned to face me, her eyes were red, and glassy, they looked sunken, and dark shadows stayed plastered to her face. She rubbed her hands onto her face, groaning as she did so. She's nose was red, and dry, and she sniffled continuously.

"Okay," I sighed, kissing annabeths forehead. I again, brought her into a hugging position, draping her limp limbs, over my waist, and upper chest. Annabeth just groaned, and shivered, burrowing her head in between my chest, and neck, mostly for warmth. "Do you want a blanket?" I asked softly, directing my breath downwards.

"Mhm." She muttered, "What time is it?" Annabeth asked softly, as i stood, and walked to our closet, located in the corner of the room.

"I think around 11am, maybe, I don't know?"

I picked up the heaviest, and softest of the blankets, along with one of my sweatshirts, and carried them back over to the bed.

I gently handed annabeth a blanket, while taking a moment to realize how cute she looked in that moment. Annabeth was curled up, the blanket was around her head, and she was sitting up on the bed, legs crossed, looking very, tired. I grinned and hopped back into the bed, pulling her up onto my chest once more.

"Do you want any water?" I murmured, gently twisting one of her blonde curls between my fingers.

"Sure." She groaned, and in turn, I leaned over to the side table, handing her the glass. She downed the whole thing in a sip, before, again, plastering her head onto my chest.

Annabeth continued to shiver, so I needed up giving her my sweatshirt, along with pulling another 3 or so blankets on top of my wife.

After a while, she whispered something into my chest. "Percy?" Annabeth said, "I'm sorry. I ruined the first day for you."

I just shook my head. Somewhat in disbelief, "Wise girl. You are my number one priority, always, ok?" I paused to let that soak in, "I think it's past time that go through your head."

She just nodded softly, just once. One single tilt of her head.

"Maybe- I should call Will?" I asked timidly, raising an eyebrow. "Just in case."

"Percy. I'm fine!" Annabeth sniffled, her complained voice was cute. But, It was hard to believe her when it was obvious she wasn't. Her gray eyes remained stormy, however an unusual glassiness stayed evident. Pale faced, and still sniffing, annabeth pressed her head into my chest.

Annabeth never got sick.

"Wise girl, have you eaten anything?" I questioned, she just sighed and looked back up at me. "How about this? I'll call our resident gay  physician, and then go grab some take out."

I just smirked at her, I knew she wanted trying to be cute, but annabeth continued to snuggle closer to me as I was about to get up.

A tired smile played at her lips, a trying, sad smile. Then, once again she pressed her head into me.

It's hard to describe a feeling of total comfort. But being around annabeth was pretty close.
She kept shivering, and cuddling closer, sniffling, and then apologizing. After which, I would insist that she didn't need to apologize, because in a way, this was the closest I'd ever get to truly taking care of annabeth. That was the problem with her being so headstrong, confident, and independent. So, really, I didn't mind.

Hours passed and again, my wife didn't wake up. So, In true Percy Jackson fashion, I got absolutely nothing done. I literally just stayed there, with annabeth on my chest, thinking about how comfortable she was, and about all the things I could be doing.

After another few hours, I slid her off my chest, placing a mountain of pillows around her. I watched as she pulled one in to a hugging position, on her side, before borrowing her face into the pillow, she murmured, "Percy?-Percy"
She rubbed her face into the pillow. All the while my heart was melting, watching her.

I exited the room, in a somewhat slump of tiredness and fatigue. I flipped the light switch as I enter the kitchen, before picking up my phone to make a call to my favorite doctor.
———————-

Brooklyn Singh POV

So, yeah, weird first class but whatever.

I brushed it off, so, yeah, there I was, standing outside of the marine biology building, feet planted on the warm cement of the outside porch-like area. All the while, wondering what had just happen to Mr. Jackson's lesson.

As the wind blew, loosely tossing my shirt, I turned to face forward.

That's when saw 'the thing.' I call it a 'thing,' because, I'm not quite sure what else to call it. 'The thing', was huge, like, really big. Whatever it was, it was a creature, the animal had the body of a lion, maybe? And a large beak.

Fear washed over me, grasping me, and pulling me close, keeping me in its clutches, as I stood, trembling.

Then, it turned to look at me. Its beady little eyes, flashed with anger, then, it snapped its beak at me.

'The thing,' had a bird like figure, with the head of an eagle, and the lower, and midsection, of a large cat, a lion, maybe? A pair of giant, feathery, wings sprouted from the sides of the creature.

The sound of the beak snapping startled me from my previously, star stricken state, and I stepped back in horror. Realizing what was truly happening.

Panic, and fright snatched me up, my breathing became more and more shallow as the monster stepped closer.

Was 'The thing' was majestic, yes, it's coat sparkled with bronze feathers in the daylight. Did that make it any less scary? No, no it did not.

Mr. Monster stepped another curved talon forward, before my fight or flight kicked in.

I booked it, running as fast as I could, toward to nearest door, which was, across the street. Between hyperventilating, and questioning my life. I looked the opposite direction, and realized the giant, lion/bird combination, was really fast. Yep, so naturally, I kept running.

Over head, the seaming bird screeched loudly, and dove toward me. I scrambled to the glass door of a local cafe, and swung it open, leaping inside.

I keeled over, pressing my hands onto my knees, gasping and panting. Note to self: get in better shape. And I thought I knew scary?

I took a moment to realize that, what confused me more than the giant man eating, bird, lion, was the looks people were giving me. Like, could they not see the thing outside? Looking at me like I was crazy, yeah right.

I pointed outside, staring and looking around the cafe, waiting for someone to scream, and confirm that I wasn't completely crazy.

I sat down at a table, rolling my eyes at the demon pigeon, who was angrily pacing, outside probably, waiting for me to take a little stroll, and then in turn, be his mid-morning snack.

"Can I get you anything?" A barista asked from across the counter. He was cleaning a glass, sipping it lazily with a towel, as if he needed something to do. Though, in truth, I could tell he was more annoyed than exhausted. I certainly wasn't trying to get thrown out of any, on campus shops, the first day of the semester. "Um- a coffee? Please." I muttered, standing up shakily, nervously glancing outside.

I walked forward taped the counter, trying my best to ignore the raised eyebrows, and rude glances from others stationed around the cafe. "What size?" The barista asked, holding up a paper cup. "Small- please." I replied, meanwhile, he wrote my order on the cup, putting it under a press.

Again, I turned to face the glass, wall of window, that I had previously entered from. For the next few minutes, I paced back and forth across the cafe, wondering what exactly I should do. It was in the moment, I realized, that I was crazy.

There's a fucking giant bird trying to eat me. And I'm the only one who can see the bird. "Order for Brooklyn" the barista called. I made my way back up to the counter, again, ignoring the stares, and judging looks, and of course, occasion snicker.

I took the coffee off the table, savoring the burning hot sensation as I held it in my clenched hand. I let out a dragging breath, slinking back down into the wall, oposite of the counter. Behind me, the metal plated wall felt rough on my back.

I gazed outside longingly, I had another class in an hour. In my stack, a mixture of emotion swirled, this situation was so scary because, I had in fact, no idea what I was dealing with. And furthermore, no one to guide me through it.

What was I going to do?
——————————

Percy Jackson's POV

"Wise girl, I'm going to pick up some food. Ok?"

"No"

"Umm?"

Annabeth curled closer to me, she really was burning up with Feverish temperatures. Through, she insisted she was cold. I stroked my wife's head lightly, sighing slightly. It wasn't that I wanted to leave. It was fact that we had hardly any food at our apartment, that's drove me to leave her for even a minute. "Honey I'm sorry, but you need food."

I gently coaxed her off of me, rolling my hands down her back, and kissing her neck lightly. "I'll be back really soon. I promise, alright? I'm just going to get some take out. You need food."

"Whatever." Annabeth murmured, mashing her face into the coach pillow nearest to her. Shrugging her shoulders, to pull the 37,000 blankets, piled on top of her up. "Love you too." I muttered sarcastically, grabbing the house keys, and my wallet, racing out the door.

Chinese was somewhat of a go-to for us. So, that's what I ended up placing an order for. Our usual spot was actually somewhat close to my building of work, being across the street. That's the only reason why I was hesitant to pick up the food in the first place, same someone I knew saw me. What would I say? Technically, I was supposed to be teaching a class right now.

Yeah, so going into this, I wasn't exactly excited, but, feelings aside, I was still hungry, and I had a sick wife at home who, though was actively denying it, was hungry too.

So yeah, in that moment I was basically a super hero.

I walked across the pavement, carefully caved into a square shaped expansion, surrounded by various shops, small cafes, and of course, my large, work building in the far side, occupying two whole sides of the square.

I turned left, entering a side garden area, before walking past several tables, full to the brim with tourists, and students alike. I smiled at a few, trying my best to put on a kind face. One or two of the kids I even vaguely recognized, which was a win for me. Though in this specific moment, that wasn't exactly helpful.

"Order for Jackson." I told the hostess, who was standing on a small podium inside. She nodded slightly, figuring with the iPad screen. "Alright sir, Let me go get your food."

She disappeared to the kitchen behind her, and I sat back onto the less than comfortable waiting bench. I did just about everything, but sit still. I tapped my fingers, drumming nervously, against my seat. I shook my legs, wanting, more than ever to leave. "Here you go sir." The hostess smiled warmly, handing a large brown, heavenly smelling bag to me.

I gulped. "Thank you." Grabbed the bag, and booked it out the court yard, past the tables and out into the square.

My back was turned when I heard a noise. A sorta squawking, it was throaty, and loud. And really, when you're me, and hear any sort of unexpected, or unusual, it really only means one thing.

"Shit."

I slowly turned, setting my bag of food down. You are not going to cause a scene. I thought rapidly, and before I new it, my instincts had taken over, I reached into my pocket. Grabbing, down, down, down until I felt my hands close around a familiar, cylindrical shaped object.

"Hey Mr. Giant pigeon," The demon bird cocked its head at me, it's beady little eye blinking, as if to say, you're supposed to be scared.

"Come and get me." I called.

Charging forward, with riptide raised, is a pretty nature posting on for me to be in. I slid through the griffins grasp, dodging as it peaked at me with its giant, deadly beak. I slashed at the demon bird, whenever I could.

Too be quite honest, this was the point when I realized, that I did not want to be here.

As I finally eliminated the griffin, sticking riptide, deep into its chest, and therefore reducing the thing to a large, large, pile of dust.

I gasped for air, ignoring the stares from pedestrians, probably thinking something along the lines of, why did that man just impale a large stray dog with a giant sharped pencil?

The only reason I felt a twinge of self consciousness, was because I was technically, in my place of work. Turning on my heel, back toward my bag of Chinese. I was full of relief, I could drive home, and this whole situation would be over with.

Behind me I heard a female, familiar-ish, definitely terrified, sounding voice.

"Mr. Jackson..?"

——-

Part 2 out soon

DROP A LIKE AND COMMENT!

Word count: 4655
Ikr oof

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 393 24
It's been two years now, since it happened. Since he lost the most important person to him. Furious with the gods, Percy has separated himself from h...
43.1K 584 33
The title says it all!
107K 1.6K 25
just your typical fluffy percabeth one-shots --- written at the age of 13
378K 4.8K 36
One shots of Percabeth to Jealous Jason to others meeting our favorite demigods. In other words random one shots of demigod goodness!