𝙳𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚕𝚢 Matched

By modashyspen

Two imperfect people with different motives find themselves in a forever journey birthed by lies, deceit, lus... More

1 | What is this feeling?
2 | Mixed Feelings
3 | That's How You Feel?
4 | My Blue, My Black
5 | Exotic Colours - Crazily Addicted
6 | Hot Spill
7 | Will You Be My Girl?
8 | Safe With Me
9 | Sweet Baby 💦
10 | Masked Pain - Don't Leave Me
CHARACTER BREAKDOWN
12 | Planted Seeds
13 | Sprouted Seed
14 | Unfair Game
15 | Enemies In The Room
16 | Blue in Blue
17 | Tables and Crumbs

11 | Powerful Yet Vulnerable

1.6K 83 300
By modashyspen

Thursday - 09:00 am
The Estate - Kaz's Mansion

"Did you guys fuck though? Cause I know you, Zac. You two are never good together alone," Kaz questioned in an irritated tone. Zac had woken him up, and he had barely gotten any sleep the night before from all the fucking he had done with one of his girls on his roster.

"That's something else that was shocking to me, she was dressed in a robe, with nothing underneath; when I say nothing, I mean nothing and I still didn't. She even kissed me but I resisted," Zac responded.

Kaz sucked his teeth in disbelief, "Nah, I don't believe that."

"I'm telling you the truth, we even slept on the same bed, Kazim. And NOTHING happened."

"Damn! Fatima got you that bad? I mean she's best friends with Danni, so I understand that her pussy game —"

"Ah aht, we aren't about to talk about my girl's pussy. Dead that shit."

"I'm just saying, bro! Those women are too good to be true," Kaz exhaled sharply seeing how serious Zac was, "So what are you going to do now?" This is about to cost you a lot of money because there is evidence, but how stupid are you to have missed the lipstick stain?"

"She's nothing like Connie or the others, I can't fix this with money and why would I be checking myself for evidence of cheating when I did nothing wrong."

"The first mistake you made was going to Connie without telling Fatima, especially knowing how you and Connie get along. Also, if this isn't about money, then why are you here and not at Mama Faye's cause you know I can only give you suggestions on what to buy and not what to do."

"Can you be serious for once? Also, Fatima was asleep and I didn't want to wake her up —"

"Hold on, let me see this photo that she sent. There has to be a way out of this," Kaz expressed and stretched his hand to receive Zac's phone. "Damn! This is bad, you guys were in bed and ..." Kaz paused as he looked at Zac with his eyes widened, "If you're saying Fatima saw this picture and messages that means she saw that they came from a contact saved as her? This isn't looking good for you, bro." Kaz passed the phone back to Zac.

"Fuck!" Zac muttered. He realized the magnitude of his mistake and knew he had to make amends. "I like Fatima a lot, bro. She gives me something... something out of the ordinary. With her, I'm just a man falling for a woman. There aren't all the perks and baggage of being a Taylor, she's not about my financial or influence worth but about my depth worth. She makes the bare minimum extraordinary. In these two weeks of being in a relationship with her, it's not been about travelling the world, shopping sprees or showering her with materialistic gifts, but about me showing affection, care and just my mere presence. And I feel so safe, powerful, yet vulnerable. She doesn't even want my money, she rarely accepts gifts, she always says, 'I just want to know your heart, not your pocket.' How could I mess this up?" Zac rambled.

Kaz studied his cousin and recognized that Zac's relationship with Fatima was genuinely different. In the past, whenever Zac dated someone during his break-up with Connie, it seemed like a short-term distraction. Once Connie returned, Zac swiftly shifted his attention back to her. Now, with Connie playing manipulative games to win him over again and Zac still committed to Fatima, Kaz realized that this time was indeed different, and he was prepared to support Zac.

Kaz drank some water from his bottle and cleared his throat, "First, we take out the problem and then we fix what the problem affected."

"I'm listening."

"So with 'Corny Connie' you have to stop giving into her little games, restrict her access to you if you have to..."
Zac listened as Kaz gave him the best advice he could and decided to make sure the situation never repeated itself.

11:05 am
The Taylor's (Zac's office)

"Can you repeat that?" Zac asked for the umpteenth time. He was in a meeting with all heads of operation for all his businesses but his mind was nowhere present. He was in his thoughts about Fatima, he had called her countlessly and she refused to pick up his calls. He contemplated going to the law firm to see her but he didn't know if that was a good idea as the public didn't know of their relationship and they had not spoken about if they wanted it out there yet.

He kept checking his phone to see if she replied to any of his messages but his notification bar had nothing to offer other than a bunch of stupid emails in his opinion.

Zac turned to look at Omar who was standing by his side and Omar nodded his head, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please excuse me," Zac announced as he got up from his seat, "Abby, send me an email of the summary of this meeting," he said to his secretary before exiting the conference room with Omar behind him.

"Where is she?" Zac asked Omar as they got in the elevator. "She's in your office, Boss."

Omar opened Zac's office door allowing Zac to go through before closing it and taking a seat in front of his office.

"Hi Papi, missing me already?" Connie asked as she stood up to meet Zac when he walked into the office. He held her by her wrists stopping her from putting her arms around him, "Take a seat," he demanded as he went around the desk to sit on his chair.

"I know how you like to interrupt me when I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you but this time, please listen because trust me, I wouldn't be repeating myself."

Taken aback by his seriousness, she squinted, trying to read him but at the same time ready to know what it was about, "Okay, Zac."

"Yesterday you knew you were high and still got behind the wheel, what were you thinking? What if the accident was serious? You have a driver for a reason, Connie. I was there for you last night as a friend and nothing else. I don't want you to get the wrong impression, and what was the reason for that picture you sent me?"

"Zac, we've always taken pictures like that, rather I've always taken pictures of us like that. I don't understand what the problem here is."

He furrowed his brows shocked by her delusion, "We are no longer in a relationship, how many times do I have to remind you of that."

"But Zac, we're engaged..."

"Can you for once be realistic? I don't have time to go back and forth with you. As you can see, today isn't that day at all."

"What are you doing? Why are you treating me this way? I told you I was sorry and I was going to do better."

"Do better at what? Because from what I can see you're still manipulative, selfish and still want to play games and I'm no longer feeding off all that negativity. Truthfully, the only reason we even lasted that long was because you were my person while we were growing up and because I appreciate how much you were there for me but then you became something else. I was ready to love you at your worst but you became manipulative and controlling and you know that's triggering for me. Connie, I became exhausted."

The office suddenly became too small as he expressed himself to her, Connie's eyes began to water as she thought back to the countless times Zac warned her that she was pushing him away, she began to realize how much she took his love for granted. She was too confident of his love for her and ended up playing herself. Her mind drifted off to the two occasions Zac was so busy with a project and she intentionally cheated on him to get him going crazy and he still forgave her, and all the other ways she didn't handle him with care.

Zac waited for her to respond but she didn't say anything instead she started the waterworks, even though this time Connie's tears were real, Zac found it hard to believe.

"I told you last night that I needed to tell you something," Zac took a deep breath knowing he was about to hurt her feelings, "I'm in a relationship with someone special and I'll really like to make it work. So I don't need you blowing up my phone or trying to make me see you."

Connie's heart dropped to her stomach, she knew that when they weren't together, Zac saw other girls but it was never serious and he never even dared to tell her he was seeing other girls, "Zac, let's just start over. I know what you're trying to do — you want to get me jealous and yes you succeeded. I don't want to play games anymore. We can go back to how we used to be"

"Are you even hearing me?"

"Yes. Yes. I hear you, Papi. I promise we can make it work again."

Zac adjusted himself in his seat leaning forward, "You can't go to that penthouse anymore."

Connie wiped off her tears in anger, "You've got to be joking. You know how much I love that place and all these years I've asked you for it and you know I like to go there when I'm sad."

"That's a special place to me, Con. You can pick any of the other penthouses but not this one, I keep telling you that."

"No, Zac. That's the one I want. You get this new girl and you're cutting me off?"

Zac rubbed his temples, "Fine! You can have it. I'll have Omar make all the arrangements." He stood and headed to the door, "Goodbye, Connie." Zac spoke sternly before disappearing.

Connie stood up angry at the way he was treating her but she knew she had to leave it to fight another time because getting the penthouse is something she has always wanted, "You'll come running back to me, Zac." She mumbled before leaving his office.

01:30 pm
Club Xcapade

"What do you mean, 'Maybe'?" Bryan, the owner of WilB Co Constructions, asked her. They were both in Madam's private office at her club.

"You heard me right. I told you to sit back and observe but you keep bombarding me with questions. So, yes, maybe." Madam frowned at him, tilting her head to the side, her gaze intense.

"Madam, we had a deal."

"And how many times must you remind me of that? Don't get me pissed though 'cause that deal is saving your ass right now. I do NOT support what you did to that girl, so be cautious of how you bring it up."

Bryan adjusted in his seat, "So?"

"I'll get you everything you need to be ahead of the construction project in Marex. I have some connections in that city and I just need to make a few phone calls and I'll let you know what to do. How about your end? How many members of the VAC have you been able to buy over?"

"I'm working on that, It would be hard to convince The Gatz, The Rowlands, and The Waltons especially because their families are close with the Taylors but I'm working on the rest."

"You better do 'cause it's about to get rolling soon. Has the inauguration date been fixed?"

"Not yet, the lil bastard has to present a wife before that. So if that girl, Fatima or whatever her name is plays her part well, then anytime soon. Although, he has a time limit, so she better act fast."

"I told you to stop disrespecting Fatima."

"And I still don't get why? She's no one of importance."

"She's risking her life in all of this and don't forget what you did to her friend, so you should be glad that she even got involved in anything that would benefit you. The least you can do is to give her some respect."

"It's not like she's doing me a huge favour, she made herself a deal too. That's the reason I let her friend go."

"Well that friend doesn't know she had to make that deal with you for you to let her be, and I should put a bullet through your skull for what you did to that girl, so don't act all mighty and entitled."

"I'm sticking to my end of the deal, so she better stick to hers. That's all I have to say. I have to get going, I have an important flight to catch."

"See you when I see you." Madam dismissed him and he left. She was disgusted by him. If he wasn't a major factor in the tails project, she surely would have killed him. She knew he didn't know Fatima was her niece and that was how she wanted to keep it — to protect her because she knew he couldn't be trusted completely.

02:20 pm
Rowland Law Group

"Yo! You finally came to visit. I don't know if I should be happy or sad." Red said, his tone cheerful as he slouched in his seat."

"What? I've been here before. And why would you even be sad?" Zac asked him.

"The only time you were here was the opening, I don't think that should count. Also, the first time you come in here is after you became Head? Don't tell me I'm the first body you're trying to catch."

"Well I didn't come here because of that, but I could consider it if my request isn't granted."

"Shoot man! What's that? Cause I'm not giving you any of my organs and I don't have anything that you don't already have in excess."

"It's not a thing but a person. Fatima."

"Fatima? Ms. Wilson?"

Zac saw as the wheels in Red's head turned. The first time Zac met Fatima was through Red, although they weren't introduced. Fatima quickly came by to get a file signed by her boss, Red when he was out with Zac. Ever since that moment, Zac couldn't get Fatima off his mind.

"Before you start your investigations, let me make it easy for you. Fatima is my girl."

His eyes widened in surprise, "really? Zac I love you bro, but Fatima? No, you can't do that. Aside from being my employee, I really like her a lot. She's like a sister to me, Zac. I can't have you fuck that girl up."

"That's what you think of me? Why would I want to do that to her? I liked her from the first day I set eyes on her. Scratch that, I wanted her since the first day."

"But Zac, what about Connie? You never break up with her and I don't want you leaving Fatima halfway because 'Corny Connie' decides she wants you back. "

"It's sad how no one is believing that this time I'm for real with Connie but can we not talk about her, she has caused me more than enough. I desperately need to speak to Fatima. I didn't want to just walk into her office 'cause I didn't want all that unnecessary attention especially since I didn't know if she would be cool with it right now."

Red squinted trying to pick out the keywords from what he was hearing and realized that Connie had done something but he didn't want to settle on assumptions. Looking into Zac's eyes he could tell that he needed to speak with Fatima like he said. "Alright, I'll call her in here but don't mess up my office, Zac!"

Red called for Fatima to his office and immediately left to avoid meeting with her in the hallway.

Fatima knocked on the door twice before coming in, once she entered and saw Zac she turned her back to leave but he was quick to catch up with her, "Please don't leave." He begged and she stared at him, contemplating if she wanted to leave or stay. Fatima saw someone coming in their direction and she wasn't about to give her colleagues something to gossip about so she stayed back in the office and shut the door.

"Baby girl, please sit." Zac pleaded as he gestured with his hand, but Fatima's arms remained crossed as she looked at him like 'You can't force me to sit.'

"Zac, I'm not doing this with you."

"So it's Zac now, what happened to Zachary or Zaddy or -"

"Are you serious right now?" her eyes narrowed at him.

"I'm sorry," he threw his hands in the air, "If you don't hear me out then how can I explain? Please sit." She did and he sat down next to her.

"I want you to please listen to what I have to say and I'll answer whatever questions you have."

"Okay."

"I didn't sneak out last night to go meet Connie."

"I was right then. When I saw the picture I knew that was Connie but how are you in bed with your cousin's girlfriend or ex or whatever."

"Connie and Kaz never dated, Connie enjoys clubbing and occasionally Kaz accompanies her. On one occasion she was quite intoxicated and while he was trying to put her together, some questionable pictures of them leaked and that's when people began tagging them together. The narrative flew because they attended parties together and Connie loves social media, so she's always posting them when they're out. We just let the public go with that."

"You didn't mind that the public thought your 'her' was your cousin's partner?"

"Not really. The people who mattered to me knew the truth about who was really with her and my close friends were aware too. Besides, I didn't want my private life out there." They both gazed intensely at each other briefly.

"Since I'm the public, please tell me, are you still in a relationship with her?"

"Come on, public? To answer your question, no. We broke up before I even met you."

"I see."

"I'm serious. She's just a friend now. Connie and I have been friends since childhood before we began dating. I knew how tired you were last night and didn't want to wake you up, so when I got a call that she was in an accident, I panicked. When I got there I found out that it was only the car that was affected and she only had a few little bruises. I was going to come back as soon as I made sure she was okay but she was drunk and scared and I just wanted to be there for her as a friend especially because it was her parent's death anniversary. I promise you, Fatima, I didn't sleep with her."

"The lipstick stain on your shirt, she must have tried to kiss your neck. If you were just there as a friend why would she be doing that."

His eyes shifted avoiding direct gaze, "I guess she didn't think I was there as a friend, she kissed me and I pulled back." he sighed deeply, "I wouldn't disrespect you like that, I asked her to go to bed and she said she was scared, I only laid there with her with the plan to leave when she falls asleep but I ended up falling asleep myself. When I woke up she was asleep and I came back home."

"It would be right for her to think you're being more than a friend if you're still sending her monthly gifts and still have her name saved as 'her'."

Zac was surprised to hear that Fatima knew about the monthly gift, "How did you know about that?"

"The last time we were at the club when you went to the restroom in your office to clean up, I saw a message pop up on your screen, she was thanking you for the monthly package and saying how much she missed you."

"Is that why you had an attitude all this time? Why didn't you just ask me?"

"Maybe if her name isn't saved the way it is on your phone I would have. It was obvious to me she was still your 'her' like she also said you're still her 'him'."

Zac rubbed his temples frustrated that he let Connie be the reason for their first fight, "Baby girl, Connie's number on my phone right now is saved as Connie, I'm so sorry that it wasn't like that from the start. It wasn't intentional. Her name has always been saved on my phone like that since we were kids and I just got used to it. I had never changed it before and it didn't cross my mind when we started dating, I apologize for that."

"Are you still in love with her?"

"No, Fatima. I'm not in love with her but I do love her, only as a friend and because of the memories we've had. I was going through a really bad time when I met her, I didn't like being at home, I had no friends, Kaz was in an accident so he was at the hospital for weeks, my Dad was busy with the organization and so was my grandfather. I had only my mom then and I don't know if she never wanted me or something but it was a living hell. I was lonely and always misunderstood. Mama Faye came and she was nice to me, she tried bringing me out of my shell but I guess my mom got jealous and she instructed Mama Faye to stay away from me well that was until my Dad came back and made Mama Faye my Nanny. But before my Dad came to my rescue, Connie was the only thing sane I had going on. She lost her parents around that time and we just became two broken souls who tried to patch each other up. So sometimes, when I look at Connie, I see the little girl who saved me, and I can't help but be there for her when she needs me.

Fatima saw how broken he was, she could tell the story was deeper than he told.

She took a deep breath, placing her hand on his thigh and rubbed it gently, "I understand you, Zachary. And I'm sorry for what you went through."

"It's not your fault, but it's mine that you feel the way you do and I'm sorry, I should have told you first before leaving and you don't have anything to worry about because she wouldn't be seeing me as nothing but a friend."

"Oh, I wasn't worrying."

"You didn't look like it this morning." Zac realized he just said the wrong thing, "Too soon?"

"Keep playing with me, ZAC."

"Aht Aht, enough with all that 'Zac' calling."

"Or else?" She rolled her neck.

"I see how much work you put into covering that alluring neck of yours that drives me crazy, keep pushing and no amount of makeup will be able to cover up those marks." A hint of mischief in his eyes.

"Oh, that should be you, because your neck looks like a cat scratched you."

"Well, that's what you get when you play in some tight pussy." Zac placed his hand on her thighs giving it a soft squeeze.

"You always have to take It there!"

"You took me there."

"Mr. Taylor, did you and Connie have a show in that sex room?" Fatima grabbed his chin making him focused on her eyes.

"Baby-"

"Aht Aht, did you?" she watched him as he swallowed hard, "I see you. The fact that you're not saying anything tells there's more than enough to know."

"How did you get all that?"

"Because I know you Zac, rather I think I know you. cause you hardly ever lie. When you're being asked a question and you can't tell the truth, you'll either be speechless or say ask me another time and right now you aren't answering my question."

"Yes. Yes, we used it. A lot."

"I guess it's another thing about her that you haven't changed, that's why we haven't used it."

His eyes widened at the conclusion she was getting to. He knew he and Connie were a mess in that room but that wasn't the reason he hadn't used it with her.

"I need to get back to work."

"It's fine, I can talk to Red and we can just leave now."

"Don't do that Zachary, don't bring all that power to my workplace."

"If you say so. I'll just come back to get you."

"You don't have to, I'm going to my house today. Did you forget?"

"Oh, that's true. I wish we didn't fight so it doesn't have to look like you aren't coming because you're running away from me." Zac had told Fatima she could remain at the estate but she refused. She told him she wasn't comfortable with always sleeping over because she had a house and she couldn't just abandon Danni. So they agreed that she'll spend some days at hers and some at his.

"Yeah. Enjoy your sex room alone," she got up and pecked his cheek, "and don't stop being in that room 'cause the woman you want with you there isn't me, so whenever you feel like it, go pick up your 'her'." She said sarcastically before walking out.

Zac shook his head and smiled knowing exactly how to fix her attitude. He thanked Red and left back to work.

09:05 pm
Fantasy Lounge 

"Now you think it's unfair. Despite, how your relationship with him didn't make sense to me cause I still stand by y'all are better as just friends or maybe I was jealous cause you stole my best friend but I still told you that you were pushing him away." Kaz took a sip from his drink, "Even a blind man could tell you could have treated him better. That's the thing with you ladies when you get too comfortable." He waited for her to respond but she didn't, "Now don't sit there quiet with those puppy eyes, there's nothing I can do for you."

"You all keep saying I treated him badly like it wasn't his fault I acted the way I did. I don't even know what changed." Connie spat back as she crossed her leg. Earlier, she called Kaz to meet up with him, and he told her he'll be at the lounge. She planned on using him to win Zac back. She didn't want to waste her resources because she knew her best bet was Zac's mom but she decided to try with Kaz. She arrived minutes ago and met Kaz with some strippers and he discarded them once he saw her knowing she came with bullshit.

"Well what changed was that he matured and could tell the difference between love and manipulation, that's what happened."

"You aren't making this any better, I shouldn't have come to you. When he realizes no one can love him like I do he'll come back begging me and you'll be there to witness it."

Kaz bursts into laughter, "Don't let me spill my drink. My brother is in love right now so trust me when I say you better move on cause regardless of if his relationship with her works out or not, there wouldn't be a Connie and Zac anymore."

"Let's see what happens when he misses this pussy." Connie spoke and rolled her neck being too sure of herself.

"Oh, you think it's that powerful?"

"Of course it is. I told you one day it was going to get me the south penthouse, yeah? Well, it did!." Connie saw the surprise in Kaz's face and smirked, "In case you didn't know, 'your brother' signed over every right to it to me today."

"Ah! Then I'm sorry to break your heart darling because your pussy didn't give you that penthouse, Fatima's pussy did."

"Oh, 'Fatima' that's her name?"

"Come on, don't act with me, I know you knew her name. Those little maid friends you have at the estate already gave you that information. And for your own good, don't try the rubbish you did this morning again."

"What are you talking about?"

"Zac underestimates you but not me, you knew what you were doing when you sent him that picture exactly the time he got back. Just play safe darling, because you do not want to make Zac your enemy cause you know me, my brother's enemy is mine -- no questions asked. Until then, I'm watching you. He smiled at her like he didn't just make threats at her, "Now let's drink up, my playmates are waiting." Kaz said, referring to the strippers.

A few minutes went by and Kaz saw his friend walk over, "Nathan!" he called out in excitement. 

"What's up, Kaz!" they dabbed each other up and Nathan greeted Connie who got up to leave.

"How's the wife?" Kaz teased, knowing he was in an arranged marriage. "Stop playing. Well, Ti is alright and I don't want to think about her right now, so let's drop that."

Kaz shook his head, "If you say so. How's the 'big daddy library' going? cause I'm here to have fun with my playmates."

"You know the library never gets book dry. I'll have some fun here before going to Ariah, she should be at the hotel waiting."

"Ariah? Damn! you still digging deep in her?"

"She's big daddy's favourite, of course, I'm going to be in there for a long ride." They both clinked their glasses and took a shot. "By the way, how's Zac? It's been a while since we both played basketball."

"He's alright."

"Since he became acting head, he's doubled up on missing in action. The last time we spoke was when I had to call him. I couldn't make it to his club opening cause I was out of the city. He needs to take some time off cause those people are going to drain him, especially with the new businesses he opened."

"You can say that again, but my Grandpa isn't going to let that happen. Where's King and Red? Aren't they coming?"

"Nah. You know those guys. This isn't a spot that King likes to be. Remember?"

"My body is not for every woman!" They both say, mimicking King. 

"And I don't think Red is coming today, so it's just us. So... Let's get these beauties well fed and satisfied."

"You're crazy. But let's do it!"

11:45 pm
Fatima & Danni's

Fatima tossed and turned in her sleep because she had gotten so used to sleeping with Zac by her side. She thought about all that they discussed at her office and began to feel bad.

Ian was her own Connie and she understood everything that Zac said. Even with her strong feelings for Zac, she knew she still loved her boyfriend Ian. She thought about how she was only trying to avenge her father's death and ended up dating two men at the same time. Her relationship with Zac was of course fake, but now it was beginning to feel so real and she felt like running away as far as she could. As her thoughts clouded her head, she decided to go back to Zac's the next day and hurry up with the mission as fast as she could.

Fatima's eyes flew open in shock as her loud ringtone woke her up. Before her vision cleared up to see the screen she quickly answered the call, irritated by the sound of her ringtone, "Zachary, I was -"

"So now you're calling me by his name?"

"Oh shit!" Fatima mumbled, "Ian, I'm sorry. Babe -"

Ian interrupted, "Come open the door, I'm outside."

Hi Neighbours
For those who have read my other book titled 'The Circle', Fatima Wilson works at the firm of one of the circle — JaRed Oscar Rowland and the name of his law firm is Rowland Law Group. So yeah 🤷🏽‍♀️ Also, Nathan and King are characters from 'The Circle' too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 1.3K 17
Follow Zac and Fatima as they embark on a new found love that neither one is used to.
21.7K 1.4K 20
welcome valued customer, happy reading!
89.5K 2.5K 50
Zac and Fatima made it past the altar.. But will the secrets of their past and the interference of family cause them to call it quits?
You & I By _rayy4

Fanfiction

3.8K 273 4
4 part Zatima story.