Avengers One-shots

By literaryavenger

A bunch of random stories about our favourite heroes, fun, angst and all around childish shenanigans. Honestl... More

J.B.B. AU - On Thin Ice
J.B.B. - I love you and I hate it - part 1
J.B.B. - I love you and I hate it - part 2
J.B.B. - Mornings Like This
J.B.B. - Love Is A Battlefield
J.B.B. - Meet The Guardians Of The Galaxy
J.B.B. - Meet the Guardians of the Galaxy - Part 2
J.B.B. - New Year's Eve
S.R. - Back to you
J.B.B. - Happy Birthday
40s J.B.B. - Birthday Kiss
J.B.B. - Not So Bad
J.B.B. - Can I Be Him?
J.B.B. - Sputnik
J.B.B. - Thoughtful
J.B.B. - Obsessed
J.B.B. - Thoughtful - Part 2
J.B.B. - Stargazing
J.B.B. - You Were My Sunshine

Dad!T.S. - Heartbroken

67 1 4
By literaryavenger

Summary: Tony helps you through your first heartbreak.

Pairing: Dad!Tony Stark x Daughter!female reader

Warnings: Fluff. Language cause why not. Reader is hurting. Tony is an angel.

Word Count: 1.4K

You exited the elevator and made your way through the living room, not sparing anybody a second glance.

You went straight to your room and slammed the door behind you, leaving all of the avengers that were currently in the living room in a shocked silence.

That wasn't like you.

You're a cheery and positive teenager that never misses a chance to hang out with your favorite group of superheroes.

Even during your bad days, you at least said hi and chat a bit before going to your room, so your behavior today as you came home from school leaves everyone worried.

They all know high school isn't easy, but it somehow never affected you much.

Maybe because you grew up in the spotlight, being a Stark.

You were the perfect combination of Pepper and Tony, smart and driven, sarcastic and confident, sweet and supportive. Really just a ray of sunshine in everyone's life.

Everybody at Midtown High knows who you are and every student you meet gets surprised by how nice you are to anyone that approaches you, everyone expecting you to be a stuck up bitch.

You talk to and befriend anybody who's nice to you, but you spend most of your time with Peter, Ned and MJ.

Speaking of which, while everybody stares at the door you just disappeared through, Peter enters the room through the window, a feat that not everyone is used to yet.

"Damn it, bug boy, stop doing that!" Sam almost yells, never failing to get startled by his abrupt entrances.

"Sorry, Mr. Falcon, sir." he says sheepishly while Bucky snickers like every other time, but before they can start bickering like always, Tony addresses Peter.

"What's wrong with my daughter, Spider-ling?" he says in a serious tone, despite the nickname he can't seem to get tired of.

"I don't know, Mr. Stark. She was fine during lunch, but when school ended she was nowhere to be seen. We were suppose to meet at the exit like always but she rushed home alone. That's why I'm here, I was worried." the more Peter talks the more Tony gets worried.

It wasn't like you to not show up to do something you planned to do with someone else, let alone without giving a reason or at least a warning first.

Tony has heard enough so he gets up from his seat and walks towards your room, knocking twice, then once and then three times fast, a secret knock you came up with when you were little designed just for him.

He hears a faint 'come in' and, with furrowed eyebrows, he enters your room, finding you sitting on the bed hugging your knees to your chest.

Without saying a word he comes in, shuts the door and sits next to you, putting an arm around your shoulders. You shift to put your head in his chest and, when hug him as tightly as you can, Tony can actually feel his own heart breaking at the sight.

His little ray of sunshine, crying her heart and soul out and there's nothing more he can do but hold you. So he holds onto you just as tight as you are, willing himself not to let his own tears fall at seeing you so broken, needing to be strong for you.

After you calm down a bit, he can't help himself as he asks "who do I have to kill?"

He feel a little better when he hears your little giggle against his chest, but he's still very worried and you both know he wasn't entirely kidding.

He doesn't rush you into talking, giving you time to put together your thoughts before starting to explain.

"I've been seeing someone..." you start, sitting up straight, sniffling, and he already doesn't like where this is going. "I'm sorry I haven't said anything, mom knows though..."

"Of course she does." he mumbles, a little offended you would tell her and not him, and Tony Stark was never one to not voice his thoughts. "Why didn't you tell me?" he was clearly hurt, pouting a bit just to amuse you. You giggle again as you answer.

"I'm sorry, but I know what you would've said: 'You're not allowed to date until you're 65'" you try to imitate him with a deep voice that makes him chuckle.

"Damn right you can't!" He says and you lighten up a little at his laughter and keep talking.

"I was going to introduce you soon, I swear! But then..." your smile falls and you can't stop the few tears that escape. "Today, while I was waiting on Peter, I saw him..."

You trail off and he holds your hand giving you an encouraging squeeze but still not pushing you. Then, in the smallest voice he'd ever heard you use, you finish your sentence. "He was kissing another girl..."

He wished you hadn't finished the sentence. You start crying again, quieter than before, but it still broke Tony's heart.

"Oh, honey..." He wraps his arms around you again, mentally planning how to kill and dispose of the body of the little prick, when he hears you again, your voice barely a whisper.

"It hurts, dad... why does it hurt so much?" you still couldn't stop crying, barely able to finish the sentence.

"I know, Tinkerbell." The use of your childhood nickname made you smile against the tears, the memory of how it came to be coming to the forefront of your mind.

You were about 6 years old, watching Peter Pan for the first time with your parents, when you started giggling uncontrollably.

Your parents gave you a funny look, expecting you to be sad at the part where Tinkerbell was dying and worried they were raising a little psychopath.

"What are you laughing at, Junior?" much to Pepper's displeasure Tony had started calling you that, sustaining that you were turning out to be just like a little version of him.

Your mom disagreed, but was slowly changing her mind, especially after what little six year old you said next.

"Daddy's just like Tinkerbell: if he doesn't get attention he dies!" you got out between giggles, making Pepper almost double over laughing as Tony started a tickle attack, a fake offended look on his face.

After that your dad started calling you Tinkerbell, not able to let go of your first sarcastic comment, against him of all people, but secretly very proud.

You were brought back to the present by your dad's words as he started rubbing your back.

"I know it hurts now, but it's gonna get better, I promise. Your first heartbreak is never easy, but the good news is you have your whole life ahead of you to find a guy smart enough to understand how lucky he is to be loved by you and never let you go."

Now, Tony Stark is many things.

He's a genius, billionaire, former playboy and philanthropist. He's an entrepreneur, a superhero, a savior. He's a role model, a caring friend and doting husband.

But, at this very moment, you can't help but be proud to call him your father.

You wish you could tell him that at the moment, but you can't find the voice to speak so you make a mental note to tell him later. Right now all you can do is hug him so tight you're not entirely sure he's able to breathe, but he doesn't make any attempts to make you let go.

The next couple of hours are spent between hugs, words of encouragement and Tony trying everything he can to make you laugh.

When he succeeds in lifting your spirits, you both make your way to the living room where all of the Avengers are now, Pepper included. You sit next to her and she wraps her arm around you, having already been updated on the situation, of course.

Everyone else seemed to have come to a mutual understanding of not pressing the matter, knowing you'll open up when you're ready and not wanting to upset you again now that you're back to your cheery self.

You're glad nobody's asking any questions, acting like nothing happened, exactly what you need right now.

You spend the rest of the day with your family, forgetting all about your broken heart, realizing you're better off without him.

At one point your dad whispers to you "I still need the name of the little jerk, so I can fuck him up" and you can't help but laugh, more glad than ever to be lucky enough to be a Stark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.4K 1.5K 21
A bunch of random Avengers/Marvel oneshots, based on photos I found on Pinterest and ideas from friends, or my own ideas. Mostly fluff, some angst, N...
308K 7K 111
Welcome everyone to my fourth oneshots book! I'm not taking full requests currently but it's okay if you want to suggest a character for me to write...
68K 1K 25
Some Oneshots I've thought of, this is more of for me so there will be slow updates. Make sure to add it to your reading list/Library so you get upda...
23.6K 301 25
Hey, this is my first story and I am putting some of the characters, but not all of them. I'll be putting: • Tony Stark (Preferences+Imagines+Chatroo...