The Vampire Prince graduates...

Bởi Mama_Kas

After surviving an assassination attempt, Alexander and Rin are adjusting to every day life. Not only is grad... Xem Thêm

Q&A
Development Project
For the Future
Career Exams
Promises
Invitation
Family Talk
Dinner
Confessions
A Whole New World
Senior Year
Orientation
Convenient
Quiet Moment
Unexpected
Second Breakfast
Theory
Letting the Cat out of the Bag
Internship
AU - Hot Chocolate at the park
Debts
Insecure
Back-Up Plan
My Brain Hurts
P.I.
Cooperation
Ice-cream Break
Let Me Hold Your Papers
Auction (Part 1)
Auction (Part 2)
Reply
The Truth
Building Bridges
Brownies make good breakfast
Digging for Information
Pep talk
Moving Forward
Insight
It Happened
Remain Calm
Lady Hargrave
Trust
Inside Job
Resurfaced
Not a Promise
Breach
In your Arms
Around the dinner table
Camellia
Roommates
Ambush
Henry
Betrayed
Call Him
Exercise Caution
Sold
Served
I Know
Gifts
Unwrapping
Traditions
Plans
What's the Rush?
A Traitor Among Us
Hacked
The Final Countdown
Love, Strength, and Trust
Well Wishes
To the Future
Times are Changing
Riot
We're Everywhere
Captured
Pawn
Exchange
Exposed
Escape
Rescued
The Truth Revealed
Sleeping Beauty
A Cure
Immobilized
Princess
Loyalty
Graduation
Epilogue

Awakened

390 26 3
Bởi Mama_Kas

The ceiling gradually came into view. The lights were bright. As I lay there, everything was so clear. People's voices vibrated in my ear like they were standing right next to me. I could tell that my parents had coffee this morning and mom had used her favorite shampoo.

I turned my head. Mom dozed off in the chair beside me. When I focused on her, I could see the small fabric pulls on her shirt. Dad was nearby. Looking around the room, I didn't see him. I looked past my mom and spotted him outside the hallway.

"How is she?" I heard Caleb's voice on the phone.

"She hasn't woken up yet," Dad replied.

A little girl cried over the phone. Even Ian's voice was loud and clear.

"No, you can't put a fork in your mouth," he said.

I looked up at the ceiling. Since when had I been able to see or hear so clearly? Even as I lay there, I knew something had changed. My heart was slow but still beating. I lifted my arm. It was very light. I didn't feel weak at all. Dr. Daniels's treatment had worked. Or at least, that was my first impression. I wouldn't know until he examined me.

"Mom?" I called out.

Mom woke with a start. As soon as she saw me, her face lit up with a large smile.

"Rin! John! Come here, she's awake!"

She didn't stop her tears from overflowing. "Hello, sweetie," she sobbed. "How are you feeling?"

Dad rushed into the room, cell phone in hand.

I smiled at them. "I'm good," I told her.

"I-I'll go get the doctor," Dad stammered out.

He dashed out of the room.

Mom covered her face with both hands sobbing. Watching her, I felt guilty. I hated how much I'd put them through.

I sat up and rubbed her back. "I'm okay now," I said. "I feel better."

Mom nodded. "I'm so happy," she whispered. "I didn't know - we didn't know when you would wake up." She wiped her tears. "After Dr. Daniels finished treatment he said all we had to do was wait."

"How long was I out for?" I asked.

Mom hesitated. "A week?" she said, unsure. "There were times when you were awake and would scream."

I frowned. "I don't remember any of that," I confessed.

"Not the fondest moments," Mom said, "but at least you're awake now."

A few minutes later, Dad and Dr. Daniels walked in. Dr. Daniels was all business as soon as he saw me. He checked my pulse, and blood pressure, and drew blood for testing.

"How are you feeling?" he asked. "Any weakness?"

I shook my head. "No," I said. "I feel great."

"Anything out of the ordinary?" he asked.

I looked down at my hands. "I, uh, I hear better," I whispered. "I can see and smell better than I ever could." I glanced at him. "I can tell more vampires are working at this hospital than humans."

Dr. Daniels's expression never changed. "Yes," he said. "It would seem your body had adapted to the treatment."

"What does that mean?" Dad asked. "Do we have to watch out for anything?"

"Once I get back her results," Dr. Daniel said, "I'll be able to give you a more confident answer."

"What's the not confident answer?" Mom asked.

"Enhanced senses are trademarks of a vampire," he began, hesitant, "but Rin is not one. I'd say we're looking at a hybrid."

I wasn't sure how I felt about that. At least, I wasn't dying.

"What about diet?" I asked.

"That's something we'll have to discover," the doctor replied. "We're in uncharted areas. As far as I know, a being like you has never existed. Now, there are parts of our history that have never been truly shared with the public and that's something King Lionel and Crown Prince Alexander would only know."

I swallowed thickly. "Does he know?" I asked. "Does Alexander know I'm awake?"

"I called on the way here," Dr. Daniels said. "I'm sure he's on his way as we speak."

"When can we take her home?" Dad asked.

"I want to keep her here to monitor her," Dr. Daniels began. "Once I get the results, we'll talk on how best to proceed."

"Will there be a regression?" Mom wanted to know.

"It's hard to tell," he said. "We'll need to keep a close eye on Rin."

"But how is all of this possible?" Dad asked. "I'm glad to see my daughter is well, but - she - she was -"

"Well," Dr. Daniels said, "hypothetically if a serum existed that could turn a vampire into a human then, I would have used that same serum to turn a human into a vampire." He stood. "I won't get into the details about it, but let's say it's a miracle."

Once my parents were sure I was out of danger - at the moment, I convinced them to go home. They left.

During that time, Dr. Daniels moved me to another room; one that looked more like a hotel room than a hospital room. When I asked about the sudden change, he answered "No harm in resting in a more comfortable room."

When my parents returned for dinner, they were in awe of the room.

"This is larger than our living room," Dad said.

"Don't be silly," Mom said. "I'm sure it's much bigger than that." She held up a bag of food. "Who's ready to eat?"

Sitting around my bed, they ate their club sandwiches and chips. The hospital had brought me my meal - soup and some Jello, but I didn't have much of an appetite. I wasn't hungry.

"It's so good to eat together again," Mom sighed. "I've missed this."

I smiled at her. "Me too," I told her.

"You're not eating," Dad said.

The crease between his brow was slight, but I saw it.

"I had some food before you arrived," I lied. "Don't worry about me. I know the two of you need all the nourishment you can get."

"We didn't skip meals," Mom began.

I gave her a look.

"All the time," she finished.

We laughed.

Dad cleaned out the trash after we finished our meal. A nurse removed the tray for me.

"Are you sure you don't want us to stay?" Dad asked. "We don't mind."

"Get some real rest," I replied. "I'll be here in the morning."

Dad handed me a tote bag. Grabbing it, I looked inside and saw a few coloring books, markers, and colored pencils. My chin trembled.

"Thanks, Dad," I rasped out.

About an hour later, they left and headed home. Feeling overwhelmed, I leaned back on the bed. Everything was so loud. A pair of noise-cancelling headphones would be good right about now. Maybe my parents could bring one with them tomorrow. I looked around for my cell phone but I didn't find it. I supposed my comfort would have to wait.

The sun gradually settled below the horizon. I took out one of the coloring books Dad had brought me and filled in a page at a time. The marker slid smoothly across the page. Before, I could have to think about what I was doing. Now, it was so effortlessly.

By midnight, I had finished a thick coloring book and started on the second one. Sighing, I closed the marker and looked at the clock. I should have been asleep by now. Yet, I was wide awake. Glancing at the door, I wished it would open.

That's when I sense him.

My whole body went on high alert. He was in a car. It pulled to the front of the building and he stepped out.

I bit my lip. What would he say when he saw me? I was different now. Would that matter to him?

Feeling silly, I shook my head. No, it wouldn't bother him just like it hadn't bothered me when he turned human.

Tensing, I waited as he moved through the building. Then, he was on my floor and walking toward my room. I looked down at my coloring book, nervous.

How long had it been since we'd last seen each other?

He stopped at the door and knocked. I clenched my jaw.

"Come in," I whispered.

The door opened too slow for my liking. Alexander walked into the room and stopped.

Our eyes met. Gosh. He was breathtaking. I could see him clearly. His shoulders were a little sagged and I saw a few wrinkles on his clothes - perhaps he hadn't changed in a day. But it didn't matter to me.

"Hi stranger," I said with a smile.

Alexander walked towards me. He fell to his knees beside the bed, his face pressed against the mattress.

"I thought I lost you." His voice trembled.

Feeling my throat close, I placed my hand on his head, running my fingers through his hair.

"You didn't," I told him. "I'm okay now."

He turned his head and looked up at me. "Are you?" he asked.

"Dr. Daniels is observing me," I said. "I feel okay. Well, better than okay."

Alexander took my hand and pressed his against his lips. "Your temperature is a bit colder," he muttered.

I bit my lip. "Yeah," I said, "I even knew when you got out of the car."

"Can I hug you?" he asked.

"Yes."

I had barely finished speaking when he threw his arms around me. I froze at the feeling of desperation in which he held me. Smiling, I relaxed into his arms.

"I'm okay now," I assured him.

"I missed you so much. Every time I came to see you, you were unconscious. I felt so hopeless."

I rubbed his back. "I'm okay now," I said.

"Don't ever scare me like that."

"I'll try not to."

"You better not."

I smiled into his shoulder.

In his embrace, I felt myself dozing off. I didn't have anything to worry about. Alexander would watch over me as I slept. He would keep me safe. 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.6K 438 42
(Completed novel) 
She's the Posytyve. The half human who will save humanity and the supernatural world from the Gloans. One mishap causes her to end...
1.5K 79 31
When brother and sister are captured by vampires trying to figure out a way out to safely return home the Prince of vampires makes a visit due to his...
188K 6.4K 41
Faith was happy with her life. She had a clear plan, and always knew what her next move was going to be. But then a terrible tragedy wiped out half h...
18.4K 801 31
Natalia Romano was trained to be the Perfect candidate for a future queen, but what school couldn't have prepared her for was becoming a vampire. To...