A Slacker's Law in a Webnovel...

By caleyaa

Cale Henituse was sent to another brand new world different from his old one. It was a world with no magic. N... More

Chapter 1-School's Where Strange Things Happen.
Chapter 2-The Law of a Slacker (1)
Chapter 3- The Law of a Slacker (2)
Chapter 4-The Law of a Slacker (3)
Chapter 5-The Law of a Slacker (4)
Chapter 7- A Mess. A Total Mess

Chapter 6- One Problem to Another

764 58 9
By caleyaa

Three years later...

"Where's he?"

"Asleep. Go wake him up"

"Ha.. That guy.."

Inside a huge chamber, Cale let out a weak groan, as if he was in displeased about something.

"Ngh.."

He soon heard the sound of a door being opened, but wisely choose to ignore it.

And what followed was a loud sound of a curtain being drawn, giving a rise to the sunlight that came pouring down at him like a rain.

As the ray of sunshine hit his face, Cale once again groaned as his face immediately grimaced from the blinding light.

He instantly wanted to reached out for his blanket, intending to cover his whole body while curling up lazily on the bed, when his dream shattered away in no time.

Someone actually dared to pulled up his blanket...

"Wake up, sleepyhead"

That instantly made him frowned. Whether it was the familiar voice or the act of that person, both neither made Cale less iritated. So he purposedly curled up his body as he desperatedly tried to blocked away that annoying voice from his ears.

"Come on, i know you're awake"

"..."

No response.

"Choi Han's coming for you"

That remarks made him instantly sober up. Cale swiftly turned over his body while occupying a straight position on his bed and thought in irk at the same time. This bastard now dared to threaten me with Choi Ha-

He abruptly stopped his inner thought from errupting.

"You.."

Eun Jiho's face was now only a few centimeters away from him. Cale could see his calm expression and how his face was reflected in Eun Jiho's jet black eyes.

Seeing Cale didn't react, Eun Jiho tilted his head a little while wondering what could be going on in those head of his that holds knowledge no man could ever possessed.

About two to three seconds after, Cale finally speak in a slow manner.

".... Move"

Eun Jiho shrugged his shoulder nochalantly. He retreated his body who previously lean in close onto Cale then mouthed, "Beach"

Cale scowled as Eun Jiho smirked while watching Cale who now seemed to get back to reality.

"Go get changed"

Cale rolled his eyes at him. Since when are you my nanny... Cale thought that everyone in this house were too nosy, Eun Jiho was no exception. Getting out of the bed, Cale was about to head to the wardrobe when Eun Jiho's voice from behind came again.

"Oh. And wear something warm"

Cale tsked inside as he muttered, "You don't have to remind me..."

...

Watching Cale walked away, Eun Jiho scoffed.

"Heh"

He then leave Cale's room in a good mood and intended to head to the living room which is where those two troublemakers were at.

***

Cale Henituse walked down the staircase. Not much to his surprise that he was immediately met the sight of three people from below who casually chatted while gracefully sat on the sofa.

"Oh. You're here"

Cale give a side eye look to Eun Jiho who greeted him the moment he stepped on the bottom of the staircase. He then very blatantly ignored them as he walked to Choi Han's side and sat there. Doing that as if he couldn't even bear to be near the presence of those two.

Alberu sighs.

"My my, i'm so sad. My dongsaeng doesn't like me as much anymore now" He said, while sobbing dramatically. Cale glared at Alberu, clearly disgusted. And Alberu's act even successfully earned a weirded look from Eun Jiho.

'He's becoming insufferable now...' While it is true that the Alberu from before also liked to tease him, now was different as he got even more brazen and annoying. Cale was quick to get fed up with all of his dramatic acts.

'Even Eun Jiho caught on his stupid acts too' Cale thought in irk, while glaring at Alberu and Eun Jiho's way.

The people in question quickly noticed his glare, and smirked at the same time. Ha... Cale really couldn't take it anymore.

Cale turned away, his stoic face actually turned red from anger. But from the way outsiders see it, they would think that he was being shy.

But since neither Alberu and Jiho were outsiders, it was obvious that they understood the actual reason of Cale's behavior. And, being as mischievous as they are, they still couldn't help but to tease him again.

"Awwww, looks like our Cale is shy~"

Eun Jiho said, mimicking Woo Jooin's tone at that.

Cale glared at him, his expression clearly showing how much he's disgusted by Eun Jiho's act.

Really, he shouldn't be annoyed by such stupid remarks and pranks. But, being in a child's body who can't really control their emotions are truly troublesome at times..

'Ha... Calm down. Just think of them as flying roach' ... Was Cale Henituse's resolution in order to calm his boiling anger.

Choi Han by the side couldn't take Alberu and Eun Jiho's shameless attitude anymore, so he decided to speak up.

"You guys, quieted it down"

He probably did getting too used to scold these two while having a switch of personality in front of them. That's why he sometimes let out a slip-off that was only left for a tease by Alberu and Eun Jiho... ( And, the Choi Han in this moment didn't know what this damn mouth of his that could carry on any order except for acting would ended up doing... )

Wearing a slight frown, he continued.

"Cale might be extremely cute (?) while he's angry but you guys need to stop now!"

"..."

"...."

"....."

??????

Sillence ensues.

"?"

'Why were they being so silent all of sudden?'

It was in contrast to his previous statement that was said in such vigor. Choi Han blanked out for a moment as he tried to connected the puzzle.

Not long, he jumped on his seat.

'W-WwHAT AM I SAYING!?'

Choi Han realized the fault in his words, and his face turned into an insane burning pepper. His eyes look dazed, and there might even be smoke coming out of his ear...

Cale stares at him, flabbergasted.

He could practically feel Alberu and Eun Jiho's grinning in the back, even without having to face them right now.

"..."

The silence was loud.

Cale stared at Choi Han for a long time as he didn't know how to respond to his slip off. His mind was totally off contrary to anyone's expectation though...

'Is he gonna start to teamed up with those two to bully me now?'

'Shit. He looks angry. Did i do something wrong?'

Alberu looked at his dongsaeng's confused expression and let out a quiet chuckle. He could pretty much guess what was going on in those pretty head of his.

He shakes his head eventually, feeling as amused as always.

He decided to do a favor to help his poor instructor-nim this time. Heh.. you owe me one, Choi Han. Alberu grinned happily inside and said, "Well, the others are waiting. So shall we go now?"

"R-right. Let's go!" Choi Han finally responded while ignoring how Alberu looked at him. He also ignored Eun Jiho who keep laughing at his misery.

"Kekekekeke"

'Shut up!'

He endured the embarassment, and turned to looked at Cale. Waiting for his reply, or rather, command.

"Uh.. Alright, let's go..."

There goes Cale Henituse's words while his beautiful face still painted in confusion and looking a bit nervous for some reason.

Nevertheless, they should get going now.

***

As the four of them arrived at the train station, they were immediately greeted by a sight of their other companions. 'They've probably waited for quite a long time... ' Thought Cale, feeling slightly guilty. They were quite far from the agreed-upon time after all...

'It's because of these two' Positioned in the middle, Cale glared at his right side. It was all Alberu and Eun Jiho's fault that they were late. If only they could leave their asses of my business... Cale grumbled annoyedly inside.

He observed their face for a while, then turned away. It's good that they were guilty about it...

Eun Jiho strached his neck with an awkward expression. He was about to announce their arrival to their awaiting companions, but someone beat him to it.

"Oh. You guys are here"

Eunhyung was the first to noticed their arrival and greeted them calmly. Followed by Woo Jooin who jumped from where he was standing and run-off excitedly to their way.

"CALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Woo Jooin shouted Cale's name loudly as he ran, impatiently trapping Cale in a suffocating hug afterwards.

"Waaaaaaaaaa i miss you so much" He then started wailing, sticking his face extremely close to Cale. Cale noticed Woo Jooin's small nose that was a little rosy. Might be because of the cold weather, or a result of constant sniffling.

He sighed quietly. And with familiarity started to wipe the corner of Woo Jooin's eyes soothingly.

"Stop crying"

While he said those words, Woo Jooin giggled and nuzzled closer to him. Taking the chance to buried his face on Cale's shoulder. It's a bit heavy... Cale and Woo Jooin's built were pretty much the same, so he was feeling a little suffocated being hugged tightly like this.

However, Cale could only sighs in defeat. Too lazy to even told Woo Jooin to move. Alberu and Choi Han also let down their guard a lot with these kids, so they would not fret about it anymore.

Cale thought helplessly when he suddenly felt a force broke Woo Jooin's tight embrace from him.

It was Ban Yeoryeong.

"Woo Jooin! Don't latched onto Cale like that!"

"Can't you see he was suffocated!?"

Ban Yeoryeong scold him in displeasure. And Cale secretly gave her a thumbs up. Thanks, Ban Yeoryeong.

Cale ignored the two bickering, and turned his attention to the others.

"Hey Cale, how are you?"

Ham Dan-i came on to his sight. She greeted him with a bright, sincere smile. Unlike three years ago, there isn't any trace of awkwardness on her act towards him now. Cale replied casually with a hint of smile.

"I'm fine. And considering your tone, you were holding up pretty well too?"

Ham Dan-i nodded.

"Yeah"

Cale also nodded at her answer, and pat the smiling Ham Dan-i on the head thrice. They both stared at the other's face for a while. All while giving a knowing smile to each other.

Actually, there was a secret they hold only between them.

***

The event take place about a month before the graduation trip. It was when he and the other guys came to pay Ham Dan-i's house a visit.

The others were playing a card, while Eun Jiho and Yoo Chunyoung played a new game that had just launched yesterday.

Cale didn't bother to join, so he just roll around on the sofa lazily.

Pat.

Cale opened his eyes when a light pat landed on his forehead. Soon, Eunhyung's gentle face came to his view.

Cale gave Eunhyung a questioning look, waiting for the other redhead to speak his business. And maybe because Eunhyung noticed his idleness, that is why he came up with such a request.

"Go call Dan-i in the room, would you?"

"She's taking too long, the ramyun was almost ready"

Cale groaned inside.

And with that smile, Eunhyung sure noticed that he's unwilling to move. But well, Cale could never say no to Eunhyung, as he's the one who cook for them and do almost everything.

Cale could never refused or deny such a dependable person's word. And Eunhyung sure enough also know that best.

He nodded and reluctantly got up from his seat as he dragged his step to Ham Dan-i's room. Cale was prepared to knock on the door before he halted his action.

"Ah.. you are so lucky minji"

"There are no Four or even Seven Heavenly Kings in your school"

Hm.? Cale could hear Ham Dan-i's voice from outside the door. She seemed to be talking to her friend over a phone.

"Hey, you're lucky to get to see handsome guys everyday!" The girl on the phone retaliate, and Ham Dan-i sighs and said in an exasperated tone, "Haha. But it gets tiring when you're always next to unrealisticaly good looking people, y'know"

"Gosh you must be blind"

Cale, who's here only to deliver a message, felt greatly burdened for unintentionally listening to this conversation. Is it okay for me to listen to this...? He felt like something troublesome would happen if he continues...

With that thought, Cale frowned.

'Let's return later' He choose to respect Ham Dan-i and turned away from the door.

"I'm so miserable here.."

"Ah... I want to transfer school"

Cale stopped before he could even take a step.

"...."

Silence ensues for a moment, before he sighs quietly. See.. what did i say. Cale gave a self-deprecating laugh for himself.

Cale turned to face the door once again, his hand already resting itself on the doorknob.

'Should i butt in again?'

He pondered, 'It's going to be troublesome but...' He fell into silence for a brief moment there. And what followed after was a heavier sigh than before.

Cale finally turned the doorknob.

***

Ham Dan-i jumped in surprise when he heard a clack that signaled the door being opened. She turn around, and her eyes widen comically in an instant. Her hand loses it's grip on her phone as it left to fell on the floor.

"C-cale.."

Ham Dan-i stammered. 'Did he hear our conversation? About what i said-' Ham Dan-i didn't know why she feels this panicked.

'Because, he is my friend...'

Actually, it's been long since she truly thought of him and Ban Yeoryeong as well as the other guys as a friend but... What mattered to her the most right now was to go back to her own world.

If only... If only that incident didn't happen, then maybe she would be willing to stay here and play the role of the female lead best friend faithfully. Spending time and hang out with these guys too..

Ham Dan-i however, had it enough to be played like a puppet in this novel world. She felt like she's on the edge of going insane!

She bit her lower lip tightly, feeling an iron taste entering her mouth right after the act.

'How would he respo-'

Ham Dan-i jolted again in surprise when she felt a grip on her hand. It was quite strong, despite the person behind it.

"Cale..?"

The redhead who's name being called was looking at her with a stern expression unlike his usual languid one. Honestly, that made her slightly afraid. She could already pictured a disdainful expression being thrown at her after this.

Cale loosened his grip on Ham Dan-i's hand, and eventually retracted it.

He sighed, which made Ham Dan-i pursed her lips even more. She looked down to the ground, not daring to face the person in front of her at all.

"Where's the tissue?"

'Huh?'

Now that was unexpected.

'Did i hear wrong..?' Ham Dan-i finally looked up to see Cale's expression. A stoic expression like always... But then Cale signaled with his head, awaiting her answer. So she didn't hear wrong after all.

"Uh.. at the drawer in the top"

Ham Dan-i said hesitantly, and saw Cale took a step at the place she pointed. What's he doing... Her mind wandered, and without she noticed it, a soft touch landed on her bleeding lips. Cale Henituse very carefully wipe the blood with a tissue, making Ham Dan-i stiffened in place.

"Done" He said, while throwing the used tissue into the trash bin. He then continued, "You need to apply some betadine later"

His calm tone made Ham Dan-i uncomfortable.

'Doesn't Cale have something to say to her!?'

She was prepared to received a harsh response and even imagined the worst scenario that could happen to her. He and the others turning their back away and didn't want to be friends with her anymore was an example...

'But this-' Ham Dan-i didn't know how to respond that she even forget to say thank you to him for wiping away the blood on her wound. She opened her mouth to speak.

"Cale, i-"

"I don't care" Cale cut her off immediately, his face still hold the calmness from before.

Huh? Ham Dan-i widen her eyes for a bit. Does that mean Cale doesn't care about what she said? Is it alright to leave it like that?

So many questions were running through her mind and yet, Cale's next words made all her doubt vanish immediately.

"If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine"

"I'm sure you've got a reason for saying that, and... I believe you didn't mean it as anything bad"

"And about transfering, you need to talk with the others first and stated your reason"

"After all, we're friends... So it would be devastating when you suddenly change school without telling anyone"

Ham Dan-i felt herself tearing up.

Her chest feels tight. As if someone was squeezing them tightly without mercy.

She, once again feeling grateful for having such wonderful friends like Cale. She also felt relieved that Cale isn't pushing the matter and willing to understand her. Even when it didn't solve the problem, at least the weight on her shoulder had became a little less heavy than before.

Having such wonderful and kind friends by her side, how could Ham Dan-i not feel happy? She was a human that longed for a company after all...

But still, it made her questioned herself, 'Do i deserve it?' Did she deserved to have such people on her life? She feels unworthy, even more so after she said those words...

"Don't think too much. You can talk about it to us when you're ready"

Ham Dan-i 's tears were falling uncontrollably when Cale reassured her in a gentle voice, with constant pat on the head.

She quickly wiped away her tears and said, "Thank you, Cale..." Then she repeated it again, "Really, thank you so much..."

She smiled. And it was probably the most sincere smile that she had ever let out in these past 3 years...

"...."

Cale paused for a moment, and Ham Dan-i wondered what could be on his mind. Two seconds after, he replied with an identical smile.

"You're welcome"

***

They finally came out of the room together when Cale told her that the ramyun might get cold and mushy.

Meanwhile, the others were worried what could be happening for them to take so long to get out, so they send Yoo Chunyoung to get them here.

Yoo Chunyoung stopped on his track. He saw Cale and Ham Dan-i exited the room together. He observed their complexion for a while before opening his mouth, pretending that he hadn't noticed anything amiss.

"The ramyun will get cold"

Cale nodded. And they walked back to the living room.

"Oh, Mom and Cale are he-"

Woo Jooin couldn't finished his greeting. The others also stopped whatever they were doing at the moment.

Runy nose, tears mark, a wound on the lips... They noticed all the details on Ham Dan-i, but failed to get anything out of Cale.

"Let's eat", Cale said nochalantly. Which Ham Dan-i immediately replied with her usual smile, "Yeah"

"...."

Whatever it was, they would let it go this time. Since it seems that nothing too serious happen and the two seems not wanting to bring it up...

None of them said anything. They continued acting like their usual self as they eat in peace. When the time is right, they could slowly discussed it together... They pretty much has the same ideas in their mind.

***

In the train.

And so, a month passed since that. Yet, neither Cale nor Ham Dan-i had said anything about the matter... Cale didn't told Alberu and Choi Han either as to respected Ham Dan-i's wishes.

'It's her choice' Cale thought in passing. Then, he temporarily pushed the matter to the back of his mind, buried it in a numerous amount of existing record.

When Cale was done browsing through his record, he happen to met eyes with Yoo Chunyoung.

"What is it?" He asked casually. And the other replied to him just as casual, "Nothing"

Hearing Yoo Chunyoung's answer, Cale tilted his head slightly. What nonsense... Knowing each other for three years already, Cale had already understood a lot of Yoo Chunyoung's habits.

Cale moved closer to Yoo Chunyoung until their shoulders touched.

"Are you listening to Xkin Park again?"

Cale asked after noticing his earphone. Yoo Chunyoung shakes his head and replied, "No. It's the one you recommended before"

"Oh" Cale blinked and smiled a little. He previously hadn't been one to like music. But ever since coming to this world, he started to listened to them to pass time. While at it, he found some good artist who's song could stirred up memories from home. It sometimes reminded him of the kids and his family...

"Which song are you listening right now?" Cale asked curiously.

Yoo Chunyoung glanced at Cale's face and slowly replied, "A tale of the cursed one- by Nelan B"

Cale twitched his eyebrow. No matter how many times he listened to the artist's name, he couldn't help the slight reaction his body had.

Even when i was the one to recommended it... Well, Choi Han's elder had a talent so he couldn't complain.

"Want to listen?"

Yoo Chunyoung removed one of his earphones and offered. Cale replied with a hum while tilting his ear to Yoo Chunyoung. Yoo Chunyoung get the sign, and gently put the earphone in Cale's left ears.

The two soon came to a peaceful silence.

Cale's mind resonance with the sound of his pulse as memories plays automatically, along with the music.

The song was heartwrenching.

﹒﹒﹒✹﹒﹒﹒

END OF CHAPTER

『 Cut Scene! 』

'What's up with those two!?'

Eun Jiho, Alberu, and Choi Han was fuming with jealou- ahem by the side.

Woo Jooin giggled and thought: 'I wish i could capture Eun Jiho's face right at this moment'

Ban Yeoryeong and Ham Dan-i:

"They're just like us. Right, Dan-ah?"

"Uh.. yeah"

'Is Yoo Chunyoung the male lead after all?'

Eunhyung: Blinked while watching Cale and Yoo Chunyoung. Then smiled.

End.

END'S NOTE

Okay, so here's the seat arrangement:

I'm not gonna leave any words for this chapter hehe.

Thank you for reading! (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
63.1K 10.5K 71
නුඹ නිසා දැවුණි.....💙 නුඹෙන් මා නිවෙමි......💙
575K 51.3K 34
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
84.6K 479 21
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...