The Monsters in Sleepy Hollow

By Lotus_Horizon

(Y/N) Van Helsing, on of the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing, the man who defeated Dracula hundreds of yea... More

Chapter 0: The Last Van Helsing
Chapter 1: Aleera
Chapter 2: Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 3: Unkindness
Chapter 4: A Learning Experience
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Weep Now, or Never More
Chapter 7: Verona
Questions
Chapter 8: Monsters
Chapter 9: Taking Action
Chapter 10: The Hound of Baskerville
Chapter 11: Hunter and Witch
Profile #1
Chapter 12: Conflicted
Chapter 13: Marishka
Chapter 14: A Black Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Chapter 15: Expanding Minds
Chapter 16: The Comedy and Tragedy of Van Helsing
Your Dream Women: Act 1
Chapter 17: Night's Bane
Chapter 18: Woe is Me
Chapter 19: The Longing Sorcerer
Chapter 20: The Old Hunter
Chapter 21: Annihilation
Chapter 22: I Miss the Misery
Chapter 23: Sins of the Mother
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: Awaken
Chapter 26: Pan!c at the Café
Profiles #2
Chapter 27: A Heated Reunion
Chapter 28: Predatory Instincts
Chapter 28.5: Thank You
Chapter 29: Fall From Grace Weary Angel
Chapter 30: Anne Lorraine
Chapter 31: You Have Power, Nothing More
Art Chapter
Chapter 32: Bloody Tears
Chapter 33: The Hound of Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 34: Happy Endings
Art Chapter for Act 2
Chapter 35: The Lone Van Helsing
Chapter 36: It Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 37: Who is (Y/N) Van Helsing?
Chapter 38: Good Intentions
Questions for Act 2
Chapter 39: New Places, New Faces
Halloween Art
Chapter 40: The Monsters in Salem
Chapter 41: Suzume Akiyama
Chapter 42: Down
Chapter 43: Everything Is(n't) Fine
Chapter 44: Beloved
Chapter 45: Tea With A Doll
Chapter 47: The Eve of Halloween
Chapter 48: Prophet
Chapter 49: Forgiveness
Chapter 50: Now You See Me
Chapter 51: Homecoming

Chapter 46: Road Trip

1.1K 61 43
By Lotus_Horizon

*October 30th, 5:17am*

  The next morning, you were asleep in the backseat of Jasper's car as Claire sat in the passenger seat giving directions to Sleepy Hollow. It was originally going to be just the three of you, but you decided to invite another guest.

  You sat in the back, leaning on Suzume's shoulder, fast asleep.

Jasper: Does he need to sleep with that paper on his face?

Suzume: Would you like the onryo to possess his body and kill you all?

Jasper: Nevermind then.

Suzume: How long will this drive take?

Claire: Approximately a few hours.

  Suzume let's off a sigh as the drive continues. It was quiet for most of the car ride, luckily since it was early in the morning, there wasn't a lot of traffic going too Sleepy Hollow. 

  Some time later, Suzume fell asleep as you sat up, noticing the paper on your face lightly taking it off. Closer examination showed that it was some talisman. You lightly lean forward to see jasper was still driving.

Y/N: How much longer. 

Claire: Still a couple hours out.

Jaspr: So I gotta ask. Are you still mad at that Robin boy you told us about? Since he kissed Lenore?

Y/N: I have no right to be mad when I think about it.

  Jasper was a bit surprised at your response.

Jasper: Really? Not even a bit anymore?

Y/N:I want you to take into consideration that there were three women who laid claim to me who I have kissed multiple times, then I met Lenore, made out with her, then kissed that Robin boy, on the mouth, and then by the time I left the city I kissed Artemis, Victoria, and Sutrah. So, it's kind of obvious I can't really be mad. 

  Jasper was stunned that you got around that much. It was odd because now he didn't know exactly what to feel like.

Jasper:. . . Uh. . . S. . . .S-So you have a harem?

Y/N: Not a harem I'm a good christian boy. . . well, I was. But I still want to be good. After all, I can't be territorial over everyone in my life. 

Jasper: Who else are you territorial over?

Y/N: Well, the sisters, Lenore, Victoria, Sutrah, Artemis, Morrigan and well, with Robin I'm on the fence about that. I still care about them, even the ones who hate me. 

Jasper: Well, at least you're somewhat nice.

Y/N: I'm nice when the mood calls for it. But when we get there, just try not to do anything odd. I get a feeling you'd fit right in. 

  You tug on his ears, taking note that they are not like human ears. They were a little bigger and sharper than normal. Like an elf.

Jasper: Stop, it's just a little quirk of mine. My mom had the same kind of ears. Guess it's just a family trait.

Y/N: Sure. If you ever need to stop and sleep, I can take over.

Jasper: It's only like one more hour, I can keep going. Besides, your "other mother" back there kinda scares me.

Claire: I can drive if you all ever need rest. I am well versed in vehicles and the rules of the road. I can perform perfectly and in a calm manner without acts of rage towards any other drivers.

Jasper: Speaking of calm, (Y/N) your heart is racing. You must really be nervous.

Y/N: I'm nervous for good reason. I tried to fix everything at the end for a bit, but everything had already been damaged.

Claire: If I may ask, can you enlighten me on what you did to make a grand some of them hate you?

Y/N: . . . Fine. Well, I really started going down on Valentines day, so let me just say what had happened.

*February 14th, 2023, 6:03pm*

  I sat in my room, staring at the mirror as I unloaded and reloaded my mothers shotgun. The rhythm of the sounds of shells entering and exiting the gun only made you feel more relived. At the time I had been avoiding everyone, but this night Lenore was trying to ask me to this dance. I didn't want to go because I didn't want to drag anyone's mood down.

  As I sat in silence, Aleera came into my room silently sitting next to me on the bed.

Aleera: Your friend Robin is here.

Y/N: . . .

Aleera: (Y/N)?

  I was quiet, because there was nothing but a war raging in my head with myself. I didn't know what to feel. This was the biggest loss in my life. Especially having to deal with so many holidays alone.

  Aleera sat next to me and wrapped an arm around me.

Aleera: I won't force you to go. But please, at least go speak to them. You haven't been vocal in months. I. . . *sigh* I'm not good with human things. But, I'm trying to understand. Just know that I love you. We all love you. So please, come on. Say something to me.

  She kisses my cheek and snuggles close to me. I felt someone's voice crawling into my mind.

'Yeah, go out with the monsters you should have hunted. Why listen to the woman who took you away from your mother in the first place. IF it weren't for her, I never would have found out about you. If only you had killed her at the party when you first met. heheheeeee.'

  I stand up, not saying anything as I just go to the door. Walking to the front door where I am greeted by Robin, Sutrah, and Victoria.

  The three were a bit shocked to see the state you were in. Your hair was a mess and your clothing was well worn and smelled of sadness. Which at the time for me was lavender, gunpowder, and wine. Yeah, I may have been drinking that whole time.

Robin: H-Hey (Y/N). We're here to. . . Umm.

Sutrah: To court thee to the dance.

Y/N: . . . Hmm? Dance?

Victoria: Yeah, the Valentines day dance. . . Do you wanna go?

  I was so close to passing out as I stood in front of them. I was about to close the door.

"If it weren't for Aleera, your mother would be alive."

   I wasn't in my right thoughts. If I stayed I would have hurt Aleera. So as they just looked at me with worried eyes, I walked over to the group as Sutrah notices the shotgun which makes the others look a bit scared for a second.

Victoria: Umm, (Y/N)? I don't think weapons are allowed at the dance.

Y/N: . . . 

  My mind was still swimming in am mess of it's own making. Carmilla's influence stirring up my thoughts.

'If it weren't for you monsters. She would still be alive.'

  My grip on the gun clenched as I felt a hand on my shoulder take the weapon calmly from my hands.

Marishka: I'll take good care of this (Y/N). Just go and try to have fun.

  Marishka knelt down a bit and kissed me on my cheek. I had no reaction then, but looking back now. I loved Marishka's kisses so much. But at the time, I had a deep hibernating hatred for all of them. Blaming them all for my mother's death around me. But I went out, walking slowly as I just walked lazily behind the group. 

  The walk to the school was quiet. I had nothing to think about but my mom. I tried to pull my thoughts out of the hole of despair, but I could not think properly. I felt someone reach out, my ears twitching as I instinctively grab onto the hand that was about to touch me with a tight grip, too my surprise it was Lenore.

  She looked scared as I quickly released her hand.

'Oh look, the girl who wanted your mother dead. But, at least she still has her father, you spared his life, but what do you have now? No mother, no father, no family at all. You are alone.'

Y/N: . . . Hi.

  MY voice was so dry, it sounded like I hadn't drank anything in a while. But I just haven't used my voice in a while. Or that often. She hugged onto me tightly as she caressed my hair. Holding my head to her chest as I just felt nothing at the time.

  But now, looking back, if I could go back. I'd hug the life out of her and all the others. I would have kissed her so much, smothering her with love and affection. But that didn't happen.

  So, we all went into the dance. It was dark with red lights. Decorations that really gave the gymnasium a dark atmosphere of love and all that. Everyone wanted to stay with me to make sure I was alright, but I stayed to myself.

  Taking a seat on the bleachers and staring at the red lights that crossed my vision. Just as I was getting comfortable, I felt a presence sit next to me. Lightly looking over, there was nothing there. But my direction and attention was turned to the students.

"Look at all these little beasts. So free, and enjoying their lives, all wile you have to suffer. Why should monsters and demons dance while angels like you have to weep and fall to despair."

Y/N: . . .

  I couldn't even return to days of old where in times of strife I would turn to God. It felt like he had forsaken me. Why doe those who do good, or at least try their best suffer? I never thought about it, but then I turned to see Robin and the others all talking and having fun. I thought to myself, at least they were all happy, but a part of me. The bitterness of the reality.

  I thought, or was twisted into thinking that if I had never come to this city, my mother would have had no reason to come here herself, and if I hasn't made friends with these monsters, I wouldn't have stayed here long enough to be attacked. I wouldn't have desired power, especially from them. My form had been tainted, corrupted. I was no better than them.

  I was a monster, and still am one. That realization made me think how I truly had turned on what I stood for. I turned my back on God, so no wonder he had left me behind.

  I was silent, but my soul was aching and crying out to be heard by him. I had light tears streaming down my cheek as I had felt nothing but agony. As I watched everyone smiling and dancing. It made me wonder why any beast like them should have joy or happiness in their lives. I wanted nothing more than to rip it from them. To make them all feel a bit of hat I felt, but I still held on.

  Eventually, it had arrived to the part of the night where everyone was to dance with their special someone. Lenore made her way to me and lightly tugged on my sleeve.

Lenore: Would you like to dance?

  I just looked at her. The girl who I had once known to hate, was now the girl I loved dearly, asking me to dance. But I was too far in my pity. I turned down the dance, pulling my hand out of her grasp as I just could not bring myself to do it.

Y/N: . . . Sorry.

  I stood to leave but she held onto my hand. Pulling me into her arms as she hugged me.

Lenore: Please (Y/N). It hurts me to see you this way. If there's anything I can do, I'll do it. 

Y/N: . . .

  Her voice was soft, but it broke a bit in pain. 

Lenore: Please, I'll do anything to make you feel better.

Y/N: . . . Anything?

  She nodded yes as she clung to my hands. I then pulled them out of her grasp.

Y/N: Then just leave me alone.

  MY soul cried out to just dance with her, but I had an urge to rip her apart for some reason. My anger, my hatred was only being fed the more I saw them. So I just stood and left her. I made my way to the other side of the gym as I could tell that I had broken her heart. Or at least hurt her in some way.

  But, I grew to feel pain as the somber loving music played. It irritated my new senses. I could hear so well, and this song was agonizing. I looked and saw everyone dancing and happy. But it only pissed me off to see their joy. 

  Time went on as I sat in the gymnasium. Eventually, Victoria made her way over to me as she noticed my claws scratching into the wall of the gym.

Victoria: You alright over here?

  I looked at her for a moment, not really giving a full answer. Just nodding my head yes.

Victoria: You know it doesn't take an expert psychologist to see that you're annoyed. Want me to walk you home?

  She holds out her hand as I just swatted it away. She was a bit surprised as you stand up to go and leave. But Victoria was more persistent.

  She zapped me a bit on the back of my neck making me growl a bit as I turned back to her with anger in my eyes.

Y/N: What the hell was that for!?

Victoria: A shock to your system. You should know we have all been worried about you.

Y/N: . . . 

Victoria: Please don't get quiet now. Look, (Y/N), I know how important your mother was to you.

Y/N: No you don't.

Victoria: Well I can make an estimated guess. I know she was the only family you had left. She raised you all on her own, it's always been you and her all your life. But now that she's gone you're lost. You don't feel like you have any direction in your life. 

Y/N: . . . 

Victoria: Look you are entitled to feel how you feel .But please don't push us away. Don't do anything you know isn't right. e love you. I. . . I just want you to be happy again. I'm not trying to rush it. But maybe after the dance we can hang out. all of us. And just relax, you know.

  Her words got to me for a moment as I turned back to look at her. I was so sad. She was right. My mother was the only person I had in my life that I saw as family. She was my everything. And now she was gone. But, maybe Victoria was right. I admit I hadn't been able to try before, but now, maybe I can.

   But as I was looking at her, I loved over her shoulder at the dance floor. I saw Lenore, dancing. Not only dancing. She was dancing with Robin. I could see his brown hair with pale blond tops from here. Then I saw them from a better angle.

  Their lips locked. That set something off in my heart. I was stunned, then my eyes flared. I pushed past Victoria as I only saw red for a bit. I stormed into the crowd, pushing couples out of the way as I was locked onto Robin and Lenore. 

  As I arrived, I did not hesitate as I grabbed Robin by his hair. Dragging him off of the dance floor and out to the front of the school. He was trying to say something, but I did not hear him, I was only focused on one thing. I threw him to the concrete outside and pinned him by his throat.

  My fist was clenched as I punched him across his face then I did it again. Then again. Maybe this was about Lenore at first, but then I remember what my thoughts had stirred up before.

  That if it wasn't for them, if it wasn't for those sisters, I wouldn't be suffering the way I am now. I was angry, I was sad, I was in despair, but a part of me felt right at home in this pain. To cope with it, I took all my anger out on Robin. 

  As I was in my own head, it seemed as though I had gone into autopilot. I eventually stopped as I was shocked with a strong pulse of electricity that forced me off of him.

  I rolled over the concrete some distance as I snarled at the source.

Victoria, Lenore, Sutrah, and so many other students looked at me with fear in their eyes. I looked down at Robin who did not look good. Seeing all the blood, I wanted nothing more then to feel fear, shame, and even embarrassed at my actions.

  You'd think I was remorseful or sorry. But all this did was awaken something else in me.

*Present Day*

Y/N: At the time, I saw Robin bleeding, bruised, and in pain. It reminded me how I felt when I killed monsters. How my mother told me she felt when she hunted. It made me feel. . . happy to see monsters suffer. Even Robin. I licked his blood from my hands, and then set out to get my revenge on certain people in Sleepy Hollow. So, yeah. That's the real me.

  The car was quiet. Clearly no one had anything to say. Even Claire was a bit stunned, clearly it wasn't in her calculations that you could be capable of such violence. That, or she was trying to determine something else.

Jasper: . . . Okay, now I know not to piss you off.

Y/N: I won't hurt you guys. It's just an issue I had that was deep rooted. But it's gone now.

Jasper Trauma doesn't just go away. Maybe this is a good thing, or terrible. How were you not arrested.

Y/N: I was. . . I kinda broke out of the bars, but Morrigan bailed me out a few times. . . Then Jekyll did the final time. 

Jasper: Jesus.

  You sit back in the car seat as you look outside seeing the familiar grey skies. You drive past the statue of the Headless Horseman, seeing all the decorations for Halloween. The town was so festive. IT was so familiar, even if you were only gone for half a month. So much happened in so little time.

  Looking out the window as Jasper parks the car.  He steps out of the car along with Claire. Suzume lightly awakens and looks around.

Suzume: Hmm, are we here now?

  You lightly shake your head as you look outside. Peaking and seeing people helping put up decorations.

Jasper: You ready to come out (Y/N).

Y/N: . . . You know what, I'll stay in the care until we go back to Salem.

Jasper: Dude, come on. We'll be with you no matter what. 

Claire: Indeed, I can protect you against any beast.

Y/N: . . . Umm, okay. 

  You hold your hand over your chest as you feel your heart eat rising. Not in a funny way here you feel so nervous, but in a painful way. You feel like you were about to die, but Jasper held onto your hand.

  You end up clinging to his arm as you cannot function on your own. Your senses going into overload as you feel cold. Taking your first few steps into the city.

  How were you going to handle this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 264 15
Raven Van Helsing is a sixteen year old vampire hunter who is related to the Gabriel Van Helsing. She lives in the year 2110, where vampires have tak...
100K 3.4K 50
Y/N Van Helsing is the adopted nephew to the world famous monster hunter Vincent Van Helsing. However, neither hate monsters. On the contrary, they l...
1.2K 41 19
Dracula 2000 Fanfiction-Anastasis works closely with Matthew aka. Abraham Van Helsing to keep Dracula contained. Little does he know, Anastasis is no...
131 22 15
Silver Village; a small village from the 1800s, from the coldest place in the world filled with snow and the sun rarely touches. Home for commoners a...