RUN

By toxic_but_awesome

After generations of men in the Giordano family, the idea of a baby girl was a mere dream. So when their firs... More

𝔸/β„• <πŸ›
𝔸𝕖𝕀π•₯𝕙𝕖π•₯π•šπ•”π•€ 𝟘.πŸ™
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™: β„π•¦π•Ÿπ•Ÿπ•šπ•Ÿπ•˜
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚: π”Ύπ•–π•Ÿπ•šπ•¦π•€π•–π•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›: 𝕃𝕒𝕨π•ͺ𝕖𝕣
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟜: β„™π•¦π•Ÿπ•”π•™
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟝: π”½π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜π•–π•£π•‘π•£π•šπ•Ÿπ•₯𝕀
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟞: 𝔾𝕣𝕒π•ͺ
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟟: π•ƒπ•šπ•₯π•₯𝕝𝕖 π•˜π•šπ•£π•
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟠: π•Œπ•π•₯π•šπ•žπ•’π•₯π•¦π•ž
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟑: π”Ήπ•¦π•£π•˜π•–π•£π•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸ˜: β„‚π•šπ•Ÿπ••π•–π•£π•–π•π•π•’
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸ™: 𝕋𝕨𝕠 𝕠𝕑π•₯π•šπ• π•Ÿπ•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸš: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕀π•₯
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸ›: 𝔻𝕖𝕖𝕣
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸœ: π”Όπ•Ÿπ•›π• π•ͺπ•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸ: ℂ𝕣𝕒𝕫π•ͺ
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸž: π”Ήπ• π•Ÿπ••π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸŸ: 𝔸 π•¨π•–π•’π•œ π•π•šπ•Ÿπ•œ
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸ : 𝔽𝕝π•ͺ 𝕠𝕣 π••π•šπ•–
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸ‘: β„π•¦π•žπ•’π•Ÿ 𝕣𝕖𝕀𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟘: ℍ𝕠π•₯ π••π• π•˜
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸšπŸ™: 𝔻𝕒𝕕'𝕀 𝕨𝕒π•₯𝕔𝕙
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟚: β„™π•šπ•˜
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸšπŸ›: 𝔹𝕖𝕀π•₯ π•—π•£π•šπ•–π•Ÿπ••π•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟜: 𝕋𝕠𝕠 π•™π•šπ•˜π•™
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟝: β„‚π•’π•§π•–π•žπ•–π•Ÿ
𝔸𝕖𝕀π•₯𝕙𝕖π•₯π•šπ•”π•€ 𝟘.𝟚
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟞: π•Šπ•¦π•Ÿπ•˜π•π•’π•€π•€π•–π•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟟: 𝔹𝕖𝕀π•₯ π•“π•–π•™π•’π•§π•šπ• π•£
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟠: 𝔹𝕒𝕕𝕒𝕀𝕀
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟑: 𝔹𝕖π•₯π•¨π•–π•–π•Ÿ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸ˜: 𝔹𝕠
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸ™: β„‚π• π•žπ•—π• π•£π•₯𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸš: β„‚π• π•Ÿπ•₯𝕣𝕠𝕝
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸ›: 𝕀𝕔𝕖 π•”π•£π•–π•’π•ž
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸœ: π•Šπ• π•žπ•–π•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ 𝕀π•₯π•¦π•‘π•šπ••
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸž: π•Šπ•₯𝕒𝕣 π•Žπ•’π•£π•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸŸ: π”½π•–π•–π•π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ π•π•šπ•œπ•– 𝕕𝕖𝕒π•₯𝕙
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸ : π”½π•£π• π•ž π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕀π•₯𝕒𝕣π•₯
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸ‘: ℍ𝕒π•₯𝕖
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟘: π•Šπ• π•—π•₯ π•œπ•Ÿπ•¦π•”π•œπ•π•–π•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸœπŸ™: β„™π•£π•šπ•Ÿπ•”π•– π•”π•™π•’π•£π•žπ•šπ•Ÿπ•˜
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟚: π•Œπ•Ÿ-π•˜π•šπ•’π•Ÿπ•₯ 𝕒𝕀𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕖
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸœπŸ›: π•‹π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•œ
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟜: β„‚π•™π•šπ•–π•—
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟝: π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•€π•šπ•žπ•‘π•π•– π•₯𝕣𝕦π•₯𝕙
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟞: π”½π•šπ•Ÿπ•–

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸ: π”»π•£π•¦π•Ÿπ•œ π•’π•Ÿπ•• 𝕀𝕒𝕕

6.5K 263 77
By toxic_but_awesome

𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝘼 𝙗𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩

"Fuck." I sighed and threw my head back against the wall, the sound echoes through the empty hallway we're in.

"Come on," Carter lowered both of his hands from my waist to my hips, holding me there tightly.
His touch together with the alcohol running through my system feels like fire, and I fucking love it.

I understood what he meant immediately and jumped up, wrapping my legs around his waist as his hands roam my bare thighs.

Wearing shorts was the best decision I've made in a while.

As soon as he brought his lips back to my neck, my back arched against the wall.
My hands are thrown around his neck, running fingers through his hair.

"What happened?" He mumbled as he switched to the other side of my neck, kissing my jaw.
I completely forgot about my wound or my bandage, but I'm too hot and bothered to think about it right now.

"Doesn't matter." I breathed out, and he finally brought his lips to mine.
My hold on his hair tightened, initiating a groan from him that sent shivers down my spine.

"I think I might explode, blondie." Carter nuzzled his nose in the crook of my neck, and I was sure he could feel my fast pulse.

His hands lightly squeezed my ass, and his tongue started to run in circles around my skin, sucking it.

"No," I mustered every self control in me to pull him away. "No hickeys, my brothers will go crazy."

He looked at me with a small smirk, causing a drunkenly smile to appear on my face.

"What?" I laughed.
Both of our chests are touching, and I could feel every breath he took, every rise and fall.

"Your brothers won't see it down... there." he tugged the end of my top, pushing it down until the outline of my bra showed.

"Yeah, they won't." I replied, already wanting to feel his lips on me again.
His left hand traveled from my hip up to my neck, one finger on my cheek.

The cold metal of his rings was the complete opposite to the heat I felt when he lowered his head to my collarbone, leaving a wet trail of kisses all the way down to my chest.

"We'll probably regret doing this." I whispered, gasping for air when he found just the right spot.

He hummed, continuing to bite my skin. "Probably."

The music is much fainter here, but we can still hear it.
I have no idea what time is it, but the last time I checked it was almost 2AM.

Of course, I had to check every few minutes because my brothers are blowing up my phone.
I'm trying to ignore them, but it's getting more frequent.

I groaned and banged my head on the wall, hoping my phone will jump out of my pocket and kill itself.

"It's alright, you can pick up." Carter mumbled against my chest, moving again to kiss my neck slowly.

I don't want to answer.
As a matter of fact, it's probably the last thing I want to do.

I want to keep making out with Carter, but if I do so Alessandro will just keep calling me.

So with another groan, I took my phone out of my pocket.
"What?" I hissed, trying my hardest to ignore Carter's lips.

"Olive? Where the fuck are you?" An angry voice shot out through the phone, and I furrowed my eyebrows.
That's not Alessandro.

"Jace?" I asked, confused. "What-"

He didn't let me finish the question, immediately cutting me off.

"I called fourteen times. Fourteen. Why the hell aren't you picking up?" He sounded furious, something I didn't think he was capable of.

"I thought it was Alessandro- never mind. What's wrong?" I gulped, but then Carter decided to kiss me just below my jaw, making my eyes shut.

I can't fucking concentrate when he does those things.

"What's wrong?" Jace seethed. "What's wrong is that I have your psychopathic brother in my living room, when it's the middle of the night!" He yelled the last part.

I rolled my eyes and relaxed a bit, at least he's not pissed off at me.
Well, maybe just a little.

"You'll have to be more specific, Jace, seeing all of them are."

Carter's hands left my waist, and he used his own body to press mine to the wall.
I gasped at the sudden feeling, but what really took my breath away was how he yanked his jacket and shirt off, throwing them to the ground.

"Riccardo! Obviously, Riccardo!" He whispered harshly, and even though I tried to care about anything other than Carter's bare chest, I failed miserably.

"Why is he there?"

"He's been here for the last twenty minutes, refusing to leave without talking to you. Do you want me to tell my boss I lost his sister?"

"Tell him I sneaked out." I suggested, and one strained laugh from Carter made me groan. "Fine, give him the phone."

"Stop it." I whispered with a small smile to Carter, who was making me slowly lose my mind.
I want to get off this phone call so bad.

"Can't." he pulled my head to his and crashed our lips into a deep kiss, our tongues battling for control.
He suddenly bit my lower lip, making a soft moan escape my mouth. My free hand moved across his chest, feeling the muscles flex under my touch.

"Olive?" Riccardo's voice broke our moment, and I had to pull away from Carter.

"What the hell, Riccardo? Get out of Jace's house." I exclaimed.
He's the sole reason I'm not being able to fully focus on the handsome boy in front of me.

"Not until you give me an address to pick you and your little friends from." His voice sounded serious. "I don't care if you're drunk or whatever, okay? You can't walk by yourself, especially when all of your guards are here."

I sighed.
I have no strength in me to fight him, and I definitely need a ride.
Plus, I'm willing to say pretty much anything that'll make this call end so I could return to Carter.

"Fine. I'm at a bar named Rosa. But don't come now!" I warned, but it did nothing to stop him.

"I'll be there in twenty, fucking cretino." (idiot)
his tone was final, and I let out a cry of frustration when he hung up.

"How much time do we have?" Carter looked me in the eyes. The dark brown in his turned almost black, and my body screamed under his gaze.

"Twenty minutes." I said and put my phone inside my pocket.
Looking back at him, I was finally able to run my eyes down his chest.

I've never seen him without his jacket, much less a shirt, so I was pretty surprised to see his many tattoos.

"That's so..." I mumbled, placing my palm on the phoenix that covers his entire shoulder.

Carter wasted no time and pulled my lips to his, but now it's my turn.

I placed my two hands on the back of his neck, thumbs grazing his cheeks.
Refusing to lose in the battle of control, I slightly pulled his hair again.

He groaned, and I used that moment to let my tongue free access to his mouth.
I smiled to myself, be he didn't plan on letting me have the control for long.

Carter pulled my hands off his neck, holding them tightly above my head and against the wall.

"Fuck," he muttered, bringing his lips to my neck.
I could only hope he remembered to not give me any hickeys, because I couldn't utter a single word.

I moaned when I slipped off a bit and felt the bulge in his pants.
He let go of my hands and balanced me, but I wanted to feel him like that again.

"Let's go." I breathed heavily and jumped off him, picking his shirt and jacket off the floor.

"Where are we going?" He followed me out of the hallway to the bar area.
The music is still loud and people are everywhere, but there was one booth in a corner that caught my eyes.

"Come on!" I laughed and pulled his hand, not glancing back at people we pass and give us weird looks.

Probably because Carter is half naked and I'm carrying his clothes.
Just probably.

I looked around when we got to the booth, making sure no one will get a free show of our make out session.

After throwing his clothes to one of the couches, I turned around to look at his amused face.
"What are you smiling at?" I asked and pushed him down onto the leather couch.

He supported his weight by his elbows, looking at me up and down with a smirk. "You're beautiful."

He took hold of my hand and pulled me down until I was on top of him.
My knees are on each sides of the couch, right next to his waist.

"You're drunk. We're drunk." I responded, growing slightly amused too.
My hair fell down to my face, and he pushed it behind my ear.

"Still." He mumbled, and I lowered myself until our lips connected.
It was rough and full of passion, and when I lowered my hips to his, we both moaned into the kiss.

I could feel him through the fabric of my shorts very easily, and it made me throw my head back.

Drunk horny is the worst kind of horny.

"Fuck, blondie." Carter let out a rasped breath, and his hands immediately found their way to my waist.

He looked at me with so much fire in his eyes, and that was enough to make me move.

My hips started to grind on his, and I could feel him grow even more underneath me.
He pushed his body up, now leaning against the wall, all while not breaking our eye contact.

"Shit," I whispered when he started to thrust his hips up, both of us moving in sync.
The tight hold he has on my waist completely sends my body on fire, and I can't help but pull him into another kiss.

He groans and bites my lower lip as I pull away, but turns quiet as soon as he realizes I did it to pull my own shirt off, letting him full sight to my black bra and the hickeys he gave me earlier.

It was either too dark for him to see how my scar continued all the down to my lower stomach, or he simply chose to ignore it.
Either way, I was greatful for it.

Instead of saying anything, he turned us around in one swift motion, making me lie under him.
His eyes were glued to my chest, and mine to his.

"You're killing me here." he shook his head and placed his lips on my chest, slowly going down.

I arched my back and let out a soft moan.
His voice and touch making my head go blank.

As soon as his mouth reached my stomach and his fingers started to play with the waistband of my pants, I shook my head. "Not now."

Riccardo should be here any minute, and I'd rather bury myself alive than him finding me fucking someone.

Carter smirked and placed his hands on either sides of my head, hovering above me.
"You're saying there'll be another time, huh?"

"Aren't you sneaky?" I teased. His silver chain dangled between us, and I used it to pull him down.

Just as our lips were about to touch, my phone started ringing.

We both groaned, Carter burying his face in the crook of my neck as I answered the call and told Riccardo I'll be right there.

"Help me find my friends?" I ran my fingers through Carter's hair, and he nodded stiffly.

"I need to shower in a fucking ice bathtub." He mumbled in a rough voice as he got off me, fixing his pants uncomfortably.

"You're not the one who has to pretend everything is normal in front of her brother." I pulled my shirt back on as he grinned.

Carter ran his eyes all over my body, and I found myself wrapping my arms around his neck, standing on my toes.

"How the fuck am I supposed to see you on Monday and not do this." He whispered, capturing my earlobe between his teeth.

I bit my lip to contain my smile. "Who said you can't?"

His eyes flickered down to my lips again, and he groaned dramatically as he looked away.

I chuckled and left the booth, Carter's right besides me.
Fuck, Even walking next to him is distracting now.

How on earth are we going to find Ares and Theo?

°°°

Apparently, all we had to do was follow the sound of horrible singing.
Theo and Ares hijacked the stage, kicked off the band and stole the microphones.

They were hugging each other's shoulders and were completely ruining Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You', and the crowd looked so close to murder both of them.

And you don't take that lightly at a criminals' bar.

Carter and I had to drag them down, and I couldn't Ignore Theo's million questions about him.
I told him we kissed just to shut him up, and I wonder if... no. How long will it take for me to regret telling him.

On our way out Carter joined his friends, who were all wasted except for one.
The whole concept of designated drivers is exactly why you should never get a license.

So here I am, sitting in Riccardo's car while the two of them are knocked out in the back.

Riccardo hasn't said a single word to me since he picked us up, and it was starting to make me nervous.

He wears his white sweatpants and black tank top, which are basically his pajamas.
He didn't even change before going to Jace?

Why did he even go to Jace?

"Why did you go to Jace?" I asked before I could stop myself.
God, why am I drunk now?

Riccardo's head moved to look at me for a second before putting it back in his palm, his elbow leaning against the window.

"I came to see you're fine."

I blinked a few times, looking at him from my seat. The street lights we pass give him a warm glow, illuminating the dark bags under his eyes.

His jaw is clenched, and the one hand wrapped around the wheel is squeezing the shit out of it.

He looks angry, and I've never seen Riccardo angry.

"You didn't need to, I'm a big girl." I mumbled, not taking my eyes off him all while ignoring the little voice in my head.

He came to check up on you, he cares.

Riccardo chuckled humorlessly and tightened his hold on the wheel. "But you still do dumb shit, Olive. Seriously, leaving your guards behind? What were you thinking?"

"I know it was stupid, okay?" I brushed my hair away from my face, turning around in my seat so I could look at his annoyed face better. "But I didn't want them to rat me out."

If the guards saw me entering Rosa, there'd be absolutely zero chance for me to talk to Andreas.
He promised to look for Viktor, and that's worth ditching the guards and pissing off my brothers.

"It doesn't matter!" he raised his voice, looking at me for a few seconds.
His furious eyes locked on mine, and my shoulders tensed.

"Nobody would've given a shit you went out partying if something happened to you!"

I huffed and rolled my eyes.
I didn't go 'partying'. I went to make sure the same guy who kidnapped me wouldn't do it twice.

Partying was an amazing side effect of that, nothing less and nothing more. It's not my fault Andreas hides his business behind a bar.

And besides, the fucking hypocrisy.

"Please," I mocked, narrowing my eyes. "I watched Rivo sneak out at least a hundred times, and I know you did too."

He shook his head and straightened himself, now holding the steering wheel tightly with both of his hands.
"It's not the same thing."

"But it is! The guards never follow him!" I yelled and threw my hands up, frustration clear in my voice. He can do anything he wants while I'm given lectures?
"No one has ever said a single thing to him, so why are you reacting like that now when it's-"

"Because I was there!" Riccardo cut me off with a yell, stopping the car abruptly.
I held the seat belt tightly, hearing my heartbeat in my ears.

Theo and Ares groaned from the back, but I didn't give them too much attention.

My chest rose and fell quickly, and my eyes immediately tried to find Riccardo's.
He stared ahead at the empty road, and his knuckles turned white from their grip on the wheel.

"I was there." he repeated, voice hard. "I watched them take you away, and I couldn't do anything."

The silence that followed his confession was too heavy.
I couldn't say anything, not when my mind has gone completely blank.

He was there.

I guess the intensity of the silence got to him, because the next thing I knew, he was opening his door and getting out.

That was all my brain needed to start working again.

My eyes followed his figure as I struggled to unbuckle my seat belt, even throwing in some curses.

Fucking Riccardo. Who leaves their car in the middle of the road?

I threw the door open and jumped out of the car, not even closing it behind me.

"What do you mean, you were there and couldn't do anything?" I yelled, running until I caught up with him.
The cold air was chilling, but I didn't let it distract me.

Riccardo stopped walking, only turning to look at me when I pulled his hand.
He didn't let his eyes meet mine, but I could still see the pain in them.

"Tell me what happened, please." I pleaded.

No matter how many times I asked Alessandro and Amadeo what happened, they weren't willing to tell me.
Santo just kept changing the subject, and Rivo? Well, fuck Rivo.

At this point I wanted to know so desperately, I needed to know.

"I..." he looked down to meet my eyes, but regreted it quickly. He pulled his hand gently out of my grasp.

"I can't, it was a mi-"

"A mistake?" I took one step back, my voice cracking.
"If none of you are ready to tell me about your past, how can you expect me to trust you enough to tell you about mine?"

It may be the alcohol speaking, but I'm just so tired of them hiding things from me.
First it was Viktor, and now I get to find out Riccardo was there when I got taken away? Who knows what else they're not telling me.

I want to trust them, I want to try like I promised Jace, but how can I do it when I feel like they don't trust me?

"You can trust us, Olive, I swear-" he shook his head, taking a step towards me.

"Then tell me what happened!" I cut him off, my eyes begging him to listen.

Riccardo ran his fingers through his hair and looked away.
We stood in front of each other, no one's saying anything.

I glanced down to the ground, wrapping my hands around myself. "Forget it."

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at me, but I didn't look up.

"I thought that maybe... Never mind." I mentally slapped myself.

What was I thinking?
He blurted it out by accident, he was never planning on telling me about that day.

About what he went through.

I can't force him to do that, especially when I told them absolutely nothing.

I gave him a weak smile and turned around, wiping one stray tear.
It was just a stupid thought.

I just... I just thought that maybe if he'll tell my something, anything, I'll feel comfortable enough to tell him something back.

"We were at our grandparents' house."

Riccardo's voice made me freeze.
I whipped my head back, looking at him with disbelief.

He was clenching and unclenching his fists, looking directly into my eyes.
The pure guilt on his face made me take a sharp breath.

"It was a Saturday, just a couple of days after I turned seven. Twelve days, actually." he whispered.

The wind began to blow my hair into my face and I quickly raised my hands, pushing it behind both of my ears.

"Everyone was there. Even our uncle, aunt and... and our cousins." Riccardo breathed heavily, and it looked like talking about it was painful to him.

I suddenly felt like I was pushing him to do something he didn't want to do, and that made me feel even worse than not knowing about that day.

"I shouldn't have asked you to tell me, you don't have-"

"It was Elio's idea to play hide and seek. Fuck, how I hate this game." he continued, shaking his head aggressively.

I held my breath and tried to think about who Elio is, but I don't think I've ever heard his name. I can only assume it's one of our cousins.

"You always cried when we didn't let you play with us, so I decided to take you with me, even when mom said I need to let you stay back with the other babies. Fuck, I should've listened to her."

I took a few steps towards him, letting him know I pay attention to every word he says.

He looked away from me and breathed deep. "I knew exactly how to win this game. Every time dad drove us to our grandparents, I used to look at the small shed in their garden. It was covered by bushes, but I still saw it."

"So when the game started, I ran there with you in my arms. The rest hid inside the house, and I kept thinking about how stupid they are." he rubbed his eyes forcefully. "All while I was the stupid one."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, tightening my hands around my body.

"You were laughing so hard, and I just couldn't wait to win and shove it in their faces. But just as I was about to open the shed's door, Ezra showed up."

Riccardo opened his eyes and looked at mine.
The pain on his face was evident in his voice, and I wanted to do something to make him feel better, but I just couldn't.

My body was completely frozen, and I couldn't even move my legs.

"Ezra, he... he was a gardener, but it turned out later he worked for Viktor."

I let out a shaky breath, finally realizing where this story goes.

"I tried to fight him, I swear." he shook his head, taking a small step towards me.
"Your cries only made me fight more when he took you out of my arms and I... I tried everything until he took out a knife."

My breath hitched in my throat when he slightly lifted his shirt up, revealing a diagonal scar across his stomach.

Every other part of his muscular torso was covered by tattoos, every part except for that scar.

"He left me there to bleed, but the only pain I could feel was from watching him take you, while I could so absolutely nothing." he let go of his shirt, but my eyes didn't move from where it covered the scar.

Riccardo almost died trying to protect me.

I couldn't move, not even when he closed the distance between us, holding my hands inside his big ones.

"There hasn't been a day I didn't think about you, I swear. I- I tried to find you and make everything right again." he squeezed my hands, and his eyes were begging for me to not let go of the tears in mine.

"Fuck, please say something-"

I wrapped my arms around his body, making him stumble back from the surprise.

His body was so tense, and his own arms were frozen in the air.
"Thanks for trying." I mumbled against his chest, letting my tears wet his shirt.

This story was the last thing I expected.
Hearing he got stabbed for me was the last thing I expected.

It may be because I'm so drunk, or just because I spent all my life thinking my family abounded me, but it's so nice to know he thought about me every day.

"You don't hate me?" he whispered, and I could feel his hands hovering just an inch above my back.

"No." I sniffled, and not even a second later, his hands were wrapped around my body.
He hugged me even closer to him, placing his cheek on the top of my head.

"I'm so sorry." he repeated. "So sorry."

I pulled back, and he reluctantly let me go.
I'm not sure if his eyes are really blurry or if it's just my own tears I see.

Riccardo cupped my cheeks, gently wiping the tears away with his thumbs.
He still looks guilty, but relieved. So relieved.

"I'm fine." I tried to give him a small smile as he lowered his hands. "Just... drunk and sad."

He cracked a smile and engulfed me in his arms once again, holding my head close to his chest.
"I'll never let anything happen to you ever again, you know that, right?"

His words caused warmth to spread out across my body, and I think my heart stopped beating for a moment.

And somehow, I believe him.

"Let's go, you're freezing." he nodded his head towards the car, and we started to walk silently side by side.

My head is trying to process everything he just told me, but this deep feeling in my stomach is too distracting.

Riccardo told you his story.

Even though it was the story of my kidnapping, it was his story as much as it was mine.

He even got a scar of his own.

"You need to seriously let go of those trust issues, and try to open your mind to the possibility of them caring about you."

Jace's words were stuck in my head.
Maybe they really do care.

I hate being vulnerable, but what if that's the only way?
Can I trust them enough to-

"You need to seriously let go of those trust issues."

"Do you really not hate me?" Riccardo's question snapped me out of my thoughts, and I looked at his eyes for a few seconds.

"I don't hate you." I mumbled, mostly to myself.

I don't hate any of them.
I was so pissed off before, and I can't even remember why.

All I can think about is that maybe, just maybe, I could tell them my story.
The story about my days living in the orphanage, and about my last night there.

I didn't even notice I got into the car, only realizing it when Theo spoke from behind me.

"See?" he mumbled, laying on the seats below Ares. "I told you they didn't leave us here to die."

I turned around to look at them just as Riccardo opened his door, getting in as well.

"Too bad." Ares muttered, turning his head to my direction before squinting his eyes.
"Who are you?"

A grin spread across my face, and he gave me a lazy smile in return.
He's like a cute little puppy.

I turned around to sit straight in my seat, only to find Riccardo staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm just glad you're here."

I kept looking at him as he started the engine and pressed the gas way too hard, sending Theo and Ares off their seats.

They both groaned in sync, and a chuckle left my lips.

"You're going to have the biggest hangover of your life tomorrow." Riccardo looked at them through the rear mirror, a small smile on his face.

"I don't care, man. I made out with a stripper." Ares climbed to the seat, stepping on Theo's back as he does.

"That's... a cause of many diseases." Riccardo responded, and I found myself smiling, remembering how I told to William I have STD so he'd leave me alone with Carter.

God, I had so much fun.

"You lost the bet." I smirked, looking down to Theo.
He looked up from the ground, giving me a deadly look.

"Shut up or I'll tell your brother you made out with a guy."
I slapped my hand on Theo's head, but what I really wanted to do was kill him.

"What?" Riccardo growled, tearing his eyes off the road for too many seconds. "You did what?"

"You said you didn't care if I went out partying!" I tried, but the murderous look he gave me made me shrink down in my seat.

"I don't care if you drink, but I most definitely care about boys who think they can fucking kiss you."

Wait until you hear we made out while talking to you on the phone.

"I don't even know him that much! And besides, I'm a big girl, Riccardo." I said for the second time, watching as he clenched his jaw.
It's pretty amusing if you ask me.

"No, you're not." his shoulders slumped. "You're my little sister."

There it is again. That warm feeling in my chest.
Shit, how drunk am I?

"I'm going to throw up." Theo screeched from behind, and Riccardo started to drive even faster.

"You throw up in my car, I make you eat it. Understand?" he threatened, taking a sharp turn towards Jace's neighborhood.
Theo grumbled in response.

Two minutes later, and we both carry them to the front door.

Riccardo looks fine supporting Ares' weight, but here I am, almost crushing to the ground under Theo.

Thankfully, Jace opened his door and jogged to us, taking Theo off me.

"Thank God." I wheezed, finally able to breath again.
Jace gave me a pointed look, and I responded with a shrug.

Not my fault Riccardo decided to knock on his door at 2AM.
That's some crazy shit I had nothing to do with.

"Are you coming home with me?" Riccardo asked after putting Ares on the couch.
We're both standing by the door, and he looks at me with an hopeful expression.

"I don't think so." I mumbled, taking my eyes off him as his face fell.
I don't think it's best for me to face everyone yet, especially with the many thoughts running through my head.

I think I might actually tell them about my past.

It feels so weird. I was so adamant on keeping my life a secret, keeping it as something no one could use against me.

But I'm not going to use Riccardo's story against him.

Maybe they won't use yours against you too.

"That's okay." he gave me a smile, but it was so clearly fake. He wants me to come with him.

He walked out of the door, but just as I was about to close it, he turned around to look at me. "Don't forget to eat before you take a painkiller tomorrow, it's not, uh, healthy."

I chuckled. "Thanks, Ric."

He looked taken aback, almost stunned.
"What?" I asked, confused.
What did I do to- oh.

Apparently I'm giving nicknames when drunk.

He gave me one last faint smile before walking to his car, and I closed the door.
Why do I feel sad now?

"What are you doing here?" Jace asked, walking down the stairs.
His eyebrows were furrowed, and his question just proved my suspicion.

"I should have gone with him, right?" I bit my lip, and he nodded like it was the most obvious thing on earth.

Maybe it really was.

"I'll come get my bag some other day, bye, love you!" I exclaimed, and the last thing I saw was his amused face before I ran out of the door.

Riccardo was just about to enter his car, but the sound of me running towards him made him turn around.

"Olive, wha-" he started, confusion all over his face.

"I grew up in a very shitty place." I said, quickly catching my breath. "I had no family, and honestly? I never really wanted one."

He looked down at me with a sad look on his face, his eyes never leaving mine. "It's okay, we don't have to-"

"But I want to try." I cut him off, nodding rapidly to myself. "I want to try."

Not even two seconds passed before a huge grin broke across his face, and he wrapped his arms around me for the third time today.

I closed my eyes and tightened my hold on him, finally letting myself feel the only thing I never allowed myself to feel.

Hope.

Chapter 35!!!

Damn yall, I think this one had to be the hardest chapters to write.
It took me ages to decide where I want it to go, and I absolutely loved it.

Let's talk real here... The first part of the chapter was some drunk make out session, and I was wondering what are yall thinking about some real smut?

I've never written smut before, and even what you just read was the first ever make out I've ever written.
So let me hear your opinions, because maybe I can add some spice:)

Don't forget to vote!
Thank you sm for those who are doing it, because it helps me so much.

Your comments>>>

Ight boos, see ya soon:))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Resilience By Swati

Teen Fiction

4.7M 136K 88
[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." ― Steve Maraboli She has experienced more pain in her 15...
9.9K 151 18
The most feared person in the city, Mason Venetti meets his sisters best friend Olive Jones. The two face unyielding times from the moment they meet...
20K 936 31
Romina Windstor, daughter of two of the most ruthless Italian assassins, reunited with childhood boy next door crush Joseph Giordano. The once nerdy...
470K 11.4K 38
The Giovanni's are the Italian Mafia. It is the most powerful mafia. For 8 generations the family have been trying to have a princess in the family b...