Long Story Short | Theseus Sc...

بواسطة kjlyds

With a dark wizard's rise to power, the International Confederation has assigned two aurors from the British... المزيد

𝐋𝐎𝚴𝐆 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝚮𝐎𝐑𝐓
000 a heroine and king
𝚨𝐂𝐓 𝐈
001 cycad manor
002 a suspicious witness
003 a trip to paris
004 confessions & tears
005 a plan gone right
006 i see sparks fly
007 a familiar face
008 defenceless words
009 confined feelings
010 an offer & a plan
011 to reconnect
012 new meetings & chaos
013 an unsettling feeling
014 i remember it all too well
015 actions & consequences
016 the grudge
017 homewrecker
018 cat and mouse chase
019 it's a crime scene
020 in and out
021 warmth & snow
022 fight or flight
023 crash the party
024 drunken stumbles
025 alleyways of london
026 in the holiday spirit
027 the war hero & the fool
𝚨𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈
028 oddly freeing
029 the moment i knew
030 cold shoulder
031 quite the contrary
032 i wish you would
033 false farewells
034 to new land
035 a series of events
036 an interruption
038 it's a dinner party
039 the confederation
040 tears and a letter
041 executioners
042 the babysitter
043 way things go
044 the wreckage
045 bittersweet goodbyes
046 cafe gossip
𝚨𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈
047 the book about beasts
048 chaotic mishaps
049 bottled up emotions
050 don't poke the bear
051 three broomsticks
052 delivering a letter
053 if only she were smarter
054 victim analysis
055 collecting herbaria
056 the princess & the hero
057 set the trap and watch
058 to say forevermore
059 the purposed danger
060 i know you better
061 rumours in a ballroom
062 an impromptu event
063 acquiring a portkey
064 all she had to do
065 it's better left unsaid
066 nostalgia

037 investigating what?

974 40 2
بواسطة kjlyds

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Awkward silence filled the elevator as the short goblin bellboy hummed to himself. Ariadne didn't even know how Tina found herself in this predicament, something about a bank? Within the four wall cage, Ariadne let her mind wander. Madam Picquery had ordered that she find answers to the destruction, something to tell the Confederation who were bound to arrive in New York. They all wanted answers that Ariadne didn't have or even know where to find. Silently, she played with the bracelet on her wrist, the rose that Theseus had given her a month ago twirled.

The ground floor of the building was busy. Wizards were walking around, different destinations in each of their minds. The ceiling seemed nonexistent as Ariadne craned her head up to the clouds. Tall windows illuminated sunlight into the building as a large poster of Madam Picquery hung up. In front, a large golden clock floated with its hand pointing at an orange metre reading 'severely unexplained activity.'

"Miss Nott!" Ariadne whipped her head around to find auror Achilles Tolliver calling her name, a few paces behind.

With a sad smile she turned to Scamander and Tina who stopped at her name, "I should probably stay here. I hope you find your case..."

"Newt."

"Ariadne," she smiled.

"I know," he replied. She was just about to ask how he knew her name, a slight suspicion that it was either from the papers or maybe from his older brother but Tolliver had caught up to them. His presence silenced Ariadne as he threw them a friendly smile.

"Graves wants you back," he uttered, eyes glossing over Tina discreetly.

"Come for dinner?" Tina asked, eyes pleading for some normalcy as she placed a hand on Ariadne. She nodded before bidding her friend farewell. She watched as they freely exited the building while she was confined to Tolliver's side, silently hoping that both Newt and Tina would find what they wanted.

Softly knocking on the office door, Ariadne waited for Graves to verbally let her in before she opened the wooden door. Inside, the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement sat in front of a large desk. His office space was messier than Theseus' and darker, how was it that almost everything here was dark and cold? Graves looked a little worse for wear as he glanced up at his intruder of silence, a file report in front of him.

"I found something back in the library," she started, "Here." Ariadne placed a book down with the sub heading 'Obscurus.' There was a hint of surprise in his features that made Ariadne narrow her eyes.

"Where did you find this?"

In your pile of books.

"I was just revising some of the books that we found," she easily lied, hoping that Graves hadn't learnt how to read her eyes like Theseus had, "It makes sense though, 'when an Obscurus loses control, a Obscurus force will be released which may sometimes be invisible-'"

"There are no Obscurial in America, Miss Nott," he sternly mentioned, snapping the book shut. Suspicion started to flood through Ariadne's body as a pit grew in her stomach. He was unnerved by something, making him agitated.

Deciding to surrender in her battle, Ariadne simply nodded, "Of course." She went to collect the book but Graves pulled it away from her grasp.

"Let me look over it," he finally said. Ariadne stared at him for a moment too long before she nodded. Her pace was quick as she left his office, heading to one place in particular. One thing was clear; it was time to become an expert in Obscurials.

[606 words]

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

67.9K 2.3K 41
{COMPLETED} It's 1920 in New York city. An Auror, Director of Magical Security and head of MACUSA's Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Percival...
6.9K 182 24
Natalia Clayton is a witch. She has been her entire life. Having come from a family of Muggles, it had been quite a shock to her when a wizarding fam...
6.7K 171 9
Claire Black. A twenty-six year old Auror with the British Ministry of Magic, an exceptionally bright witch, and a former member of the Order of the...
106K 1.8K 30
𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙞𝙩𝙡𝙚𝙙 ‟ 𝘼𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙜𝙖𝙣𝙩 ‟ ‟ 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦...