When love lasts - Still with...

By Semanticwrites

"We're all a little weird, and life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible... More

Characters Introduction
1. WAY BACK HOME
2. ECHOES OF LOST LOVE
3. UNVEILING HEARTS
4. THE NEW DAWN
6. THE HEIR
7. A MEOWSOME DAY
8. AN ENIGMA FEELING
9. UNEXPECTED MELODIES
10. BREWING AFFECTIONS
11. FUMBLED FINGERS
12. TANGLED HEARTS
13. FISTFUL JEALOUSY
14. ENEMIES TO LOVERS

5. WIFEY

845 45 17
By Semanticwrites

Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, that's life
Tryna make ends meet, you're a slave to money then you die
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down
You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet

                 -Bittersweet Symphony
__________________________________

Shubman hung up the call without saying anything and started to make his way to Plane. As he took steps he felt something under his shoes.

It was a brown leather diary .
A dairy which Shubman was sure was precious to someone it belonged to.
Shubmam was about to check to whom this diary belonged but suddenly he heard an announcement.

"Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to India. We are now inviting those travelling in business class, passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready."

Shubman kept the diary in his bag and made his way to Plane .

Shubman was sitting comfortably on his window seat , ready to check what was written in that old diary .

The dairy was a beautiful journal full of picturesque locations.

'Hmm. The owner surely is passionate about cinematography.' Thought Shubman while skimming through the pages. Later he found a gamer ID
'furryshadoow_32'

He immediately recognised the Id and of course he would.
Even though it had been a long time since he logged in with his ID to play online and even longer since he talked to this person he could never forget this username -THIS ID.

It belonged to his gaming buddy.

he was confused at first. How on earth between 8 billion people he found his gaming buddy diary? On an airport out of nowhere? It seemed crazy to him.
" I think it's true world is really small" he thought to himself and smiled.

The gaming buddy or 'wifey' that's how he called him was the one of the people he could pour his heart out without being judged and would receive the best advice from. Since both of them were always stuck together and he loved flirting with him jokingly so their other teammates would call them a couple and that's how the nickname 'wifey' originated.
Shubman couldn't believe that his 'wifey' was in Italy and he was so close to see him in person. Him and this online friend of his had known each other for many years. They had been jokingly planning to meet up irl soon even though they don't know each other's locations.

He could tell but decided not to tell his 'wifey' about the dairy but to make him search for it a bit , so he can give a little surprise to him when they will meet each other for first time in real life.

He never ever heard his voice or saw his face because they never shared their pictures , that gamer boy was still special to him. That gamer boy was light in dark when shubman was at his worst. Actually they both were light to each other at their worst.

His mind was lost in the thoughts of what happened in the past decade and how it brought a drastic change in his life. With that he fell in a deep slumber.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ishan had a huge extended family. And most of his cousins were in their mid twenties or early thirties so it wasn't a new thing that there were weddings and functions every now and then these days.

So as usual there was a wedding being held in Delhi from his mom's side of the family. Since his parents were in Italy all the time because of which he never went to his relatives house like any other kid would so he never had a chance to make a bond with most of his cousins.

Of Course there were some exceptions like two to three cousins who broke the ice with him and he got along with them.

Since Ishan wasn't so close with this cousin and he was jet lagged too helped him to escape from attending the ceremony. His sister had to attend the school due to her boards coming up so she couldn't go either.

He was ecstatic and overwhelmed from the past few weeks' trail of events. Suddenly he thought of visiting his favourite cousin. He got ready, informed his parents and took the car keys.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(Doorbell rings and door opens)

"Ishuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!"

"Ohoo bhaiya chilla kyu rahe ho!!"

"Tu India aa gaya aur bataya bhi nahi"

"Surprise naam ki bhi cheez hoti hai koi"Ishan said while jumping on his cousin.

"Mayank who is at the door??" Voice of a girl came from the apartment.

"Dimples it's meeeeeeee!!!" Said Ishan to his sweet bhabhi.

Ishan was in 5th standard when his cousin introduced Prisha as his best friend to Ishan . The said girl had beautiful dimples so little Ishan started calling her dimples. Although she was just a few years older than Ishan, she cared for her like she's his mother. There was a unique bond between them. The bond grew even stronger when Mayank and Prisha started going out and now this beautiful couple was officially together.

"Dimples" Ishan squealed.

"Ishuuuu" The said woman squealed in response and hugged the latter tightly.

"Aap log itni jaldi shaadi kaise kar sakte ho. Maine aapki shaadi pe naachna tha itne saare gaane decide karke rakhe the aapne to meri saari mehnat pe paani pher diya" The boy ranted.
"Koi nahi mere bachhe you can dance at our reception party this Saturday." Mayank spoke.

The couple had tied the knot last week and Ishan couldn't come to their wedding ceremony since the wedding took place in a hassle. Prisha was the only heir of a billionaire family and her family didn't support their relationship and them taking the wedding vows. They wanted her to marry a billionaire too. According to them "shaadiya apni haisiyat vaalo se hi karni chahiye." But recently her family had agreed but in the condition that she would rejoin the family business and continue the bloodline.

So this week a party was being held by Prisha's family to introduce their son-in-law to the world and announce her as the new vice president of their group.

"Oh you doubt I wouldn't." Ishan said confidentially.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The beautiful pair of Honey molten eyes were silently roaming and observing the people's expressions and behaviours while making his way out of the exit gate and he saw that jet black haired guy again. He got flashbacks from the airport in Milan. Somehow the boy felt familiar to him. As if Shubman had known him for his whole life. He didn't know why but he felt an urge to be close to him and talk to him. As he was moving towards him everything in the surroundings blurred and the only thing he could see was the boy.

Suddenly he was pushed by someone in the crowd and boom Shubman lost him again. He felt so helpless, frustrated and angered but he didn't know why.

Did he know this boy?
Was he someone special to him?
Why did he feel the urge to be close to him?

With all these thoughts he was out of the airport and the car which was supposed to pick him up.

"Good morning sir" The driver greeted him. He just nodded in response.

His baggage was taken from him and kept in the car. When he sat comfortably in the car. The driver asked him where he wanted to go first.

Shubman gave him an address to his private apartment.
Shubman wanted to rest a bit before he went to see his father.

Next day came.

Shubman got ready to visit his dad. He called Mr. Anand.
"Good morning sir how may I help you today"
"Good morning Mr. Anand. Please tell me when dad will be available to see me."
"Hmm Mr. Gill has a free time slot only during lunchtime today. Shall I arrange a meeting for you two at a hotel? You two can have a talk while having lunch." Said Mr. Anand.

"Yes. And please inform dad about this." Said Shubman.

"Yes sir of course."

"Okay then. Thank you" he said and hung up the call.

Shubman was still lost in thoughts about the boy he saw twice at Airport.
'Did he know this boy?'
'Was he someone special to him?'
'Why did he feel the urge to be close to him?'
These questions were roaming in his mind back and forth like a tennis ball.

"Look, Shubi, you have to meet your dad and catch the flight to Italy as soon as possible. You can't afford to waste your time now."
Shubman said these words to himself so he could be distracted from thoughts of that 'boy'.

'But who was he??'
'Was he hallucinating??'
He doesn't know.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The office was as cold as ice. Shubman's feet couldn't be still and were panning in the room here and there as he was about to meet the president .
"Shubi be still . You are just meeting your dad, nothing else... it's not a big deal so be still." Shubman said to motivate himself to meet his Dad.

The door was suddenly opened and Mr.Gill entered the room now with Mr.Anand on his side.

"Hi , Dad. How are you ? It's been a long time since I heard from you. And sorry I'm late. Didn't know itna traffic hoga Mumbai mein." Shubman said in an annoyed voice.

"Well, I am fine son . How about you ? How's your life going in Italy,do you have any plans for the future ?Got any girlfriend?" Mr.Gill added.

Shubman was shocked about the fact that his Dad is finally taking interest in his life. He finally realised he got a son to look after . His blood was boiling from these questions. Like is he serious?. His dad barely even talked to him . Whenever he craved for Dad's love and wanted to tell how he's doing in life , he never answered the call as he was busy in his goddamn business . His dad loved his Company more than his son. Shubman knew that his dad could do anything which was profitable for his company . And suddenly Mr.Gill is interested in His son's life ??

These little moments acted like having a hole in the wall with a mattress.

Shubman wanted to vent out his frustration. But he couldn't. Instead he spoke calmly ...

"Dad, I am doing all good in Italy. College life is going great and I am living in it .and No I don't have a girlfriend right now."

"Good to hear." Mr.Gill answered he was about to speak but Mr. Anand interrupted ,
"Sorry Sir But you have to attend a meeting in 5 minutes now and it's an important one. That you can't miss in any form. I was just informed about the meeting. "

Mr.Gill paused and said.
"Ok, let's get to the point son . I want to introduce you to the world now as my son my heir. And I want you start preparing for taking care of my throne and being CEO of this company now."

Shubman worst nightmare came true.

"Dad , I can't. I am sorry but understand me I don't want to come under limelight right now. I want to work on my own and make name on my own. I promise you I will be a CEO of this Company But not this soon. I still have a lot of learn. I am not ready yet .please dad understand I don't want to be CEO now. Please....Dad"
Shubman said all these words in single breath. As he already had prepared this little speech before.

He knew this would happen to him one day. But he wasn't ready to be introduced as Mr.Gill's Son.
Shubman didn't wanted to come under limelight this soon.
He want to enjoy his life. He was a still a boy with big dreams .
He wanted to be A CEO. But not this soon.

Mr.Gill and Mr.Anand were shocked. They never heard Shubman talking like this before.

This was serious now.

The room was dead silent until Mr.Anand broke the ice.
"Sir we have meeting now. We have to be there in a minute."
Mr.Gill nodded and stormed outside the room .

Now , It was Shubman and his thoughts left alone in the room.

To be continued....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 1.9K 18
" I hate persons like you .." Shubman spitted out . "as f I am dying to kiss you.. " Ishan replied loving the angry look on stranger's face. Cover...
36.1K 1.4K 13
Ishman ff/story (Shubish) UNIVERSITY AU "You're Mine!" Shubman said as he pulled Ishan closer by grabbing his waist. "Shubman you already a girlf...
63.5K 4.5K 29
a sports romance featuring two angsty boys with issues, their petty rivalry, and friends who love them too much to murder them. [shubman gill x ishan...
44.9K 3.2K 24
Shubman - "Pta nahi yaar, mujhe aadat si hogyi hai teri" (helplessly expresses) 'Mujhe bhi' Ishan thought to himself, getting lost in other's presenc...