Super Crush (BxB)

By Paul1roncone

⚠️🦹🏻‍♂️ Look for weekly updates on Sundays @ 12p ET 🦹🏼‍♂️⚠️ Loving someone who doesn't love you back supe... More

Our Spot
Rude Run-In
A Save in the Bathroom
Clay in the Pottery Room
Visitors Tiptoe In
Concert of Doom
Weird Rock, Paper, Scissors
What's In the Box?
Heroizon
Super Success
Bothering Someone Else
Hanging With a New Friend
Enemy Territory
Savior? It's Complex
A Friend in the Funk
Artist to Spy
Boba Date Turns into a Tea Party
Post Pool Party Peek
Unlikely Team-Up
Branches and Bygones
Desperate Times Call for Desperate...Keggers?
Secrets Slammed
The Wild West
Dad's BFF
Reconnecting...
The Last Entry
Doubts Vanish
Tiptoeing Around Torture
Double-Crossed
Let Bygones Beat Bygones
Unforeseen Goodbyes
A Metaphorical Face Slap
World Rocked
A Slam Heart Break
Reins, Reign, and Rain
Back to Our Spot
A Train Across Tuscany (S2)
Secret Passages in Sorrento (S2)
Combat in Capri (S2)
The Boss (S2)
Story of the Secret Hideout (S2)
Getting the Deets (S2)
Another Victim of Pompeii (S2)

That's a Good Boy

1.9K 81 31
By Paul1roncone

I throw my backpack down beside my desk and fall onto my bed. Two weeks of sleeping in and doing nothing. Okay, that's a lie. I'm going to be bored in like a day and a half. I'll need things to do to keep myself busy.

I look out the French doors at the snowflakes starting to pile up on my balcony. Something strange catches my attention. Taped to the window pane is a small metal tidbit. A flash drive with a silhouette of a dog bone on it.

Weird choice of logos. Maybe this is a sign. Should I give myself a superhero name? The Great Bonehead!

I laugh as I read the note attached:

Malware was working on this, but only you can figure this one out.🌷

I click the capsule into the USB of my computer and a video clip starts by itself.

Noah.

Dad is older. Is there some gray in his beard? Never noticed that. He is standing on a balcony. The Amalfi Coast is behind him– I'd recognize it anywhere. We visited my uncle there the summer before Dad was killed. Got the creepiest marionette on that trip. I digress.

I was notified when the previous secret files were accessed. I figured the clips would make it back to you somehow.

He pauses and a weird feeling starts to fill my chest. I know the words don't quite make sense. What he is saying breaks the time and space continuum or something. Like the static building under my warm covers on a cold Manhattan night, I am on the cusp of something big.

Did he know the whole time that I'd be a part of this? Did he foretell the downfall of Matriarch?

He clears his throat.

I am so sorry I haven't been there for you in this tumultuous time. But I knew you'd be in good company.

My heart starts beating faster.

I apologize for making this so short, but I know dangerous people are still tracking me.

"Still!?" I ask Computer Dad.

But he doesn't have to come out and say it. The screen cuts to some video snippets.

They are current. Footage of Abe and I at the concert from the venue's balcony, me talking to Malware under the bleachers from their point of view, and me clutching Clay's injured body to mine as I see Matriarch and Abe before me in Time Square.

I know how to find your friends. But first, you have to find me.

Before I can swipe to a new browser page and search flights to Italy, Dad adds something else.

I love you and I miss you, Noah. And I am so proud of you.

My breath catches. I've needed to hear these words for years.

Now, go give our dog his bone, and he will tell you–

Dad goes quiet, for I am already up and out of my chair with the flash drive in my hand. As I grab my coat, I ignore how much trauma I will later have to unpack, finding out Dad is alive. Instead, I am calculating how quickly I can get to Central Park to give Balto his treat.

-End: Season 1 -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.3K 3.2K 43
The son of the school old but famous QB jock and head cheerleader - Noah Blake. He eas supposed to be the next legacy of Winster High, the one winnin...
58.4K 1K 14
A hopeless teen finds out he's close to being kicked out of school for good. He then ends up meeting a boy who's way too nice for his own good, good...
39.7K 1.7K 38
*THIS STORY IS UNDER COMPLETE RECONSTRUCTION.* Prickly, sarcastic, self-aware Austin is roped into a risky dare by his best friend that leads to one...
227K 4.5K 12
"We've been best friends for fourteen years. Did you really think I wouldn't notice? I can see it... in your eyes. Your smile never reaches your eyes...