π˜Όπ™‰π™π™„-π™ƒπ™€π™π™Š [Dark Deku...

By SteveTheAlbino

(Y/n) Midoriya was just like any other kid growing up in the world of heroes. He wanted to be just like them... More

Ch 1: '(Y/n) Midoriya: Dark Origins'
Ch 2: 'You Don't Know What You Got'
Ch 3: 'Blame It On My Youth'
Ch 4: 'The Only Thing That Matters'
Ch 5: 'Fighting The Gravity'
Ch 6: 'Easy Target'
Ch 7: 'Give Me One Good Reason'
Ch 8: 'Going Away To College'
Ch 9: 'Pathetic'
Ch 10: 'Wasting Time'
Ch 11: 'More Then You'll Ever Know'
Ch 12: 'Hungover You'
Ch 13: 'No Future'
Ch 14: 'Up All Night'
Ch 15: 'Action'
Ch 16: 'Roller Coaster'
Ch 17: 'Anthem'
Ch 18: 'Degenerate'
Ch 19: 'Strings'
Ch 20: 'One More Time'
Ch 21: 'Remember To Forget Me'
Ch 22: 'Cynical'
Ch 24: 'Feeling This'
Ch 25: 'First Date'
Ch 26: 'Rabbit Hole'
Ch 27: 'All The Small Things'
Ch 28: 'Dammit'
Ch 29: 'One For All'
Ch 30: 'Fear No More'
Ch 31: 'King In Green'
Ch 32: 'Lie to Me'

Ch 23: 'When I Was Young'

4.6K 363 189
By SteveTheAlbino

[20k! CHAPTER! 20K! CHAPTER! 20K WORDS OF...AWESOMENESS!!!]

[Alright, so... For the first time, in like, eight weeks, a chapter failed to crack over 220 votes in 24 hours, heck, it didn't even make the 200 mark. Plus, it also didn't reach 100 comments within that time. Normally it's far surpassed that. So, in that regard, I consider that chapter a failure. Now, I don't know when this chapter will be released. But due to slow performances, I'll normally extend an update time to a later point to help me work out what didn't click for the previous chapter. Now, this chapter is a lot like the last. With few moments of talking and mostly action, but there are a few big things that take place in this chapter will definitely make it a whole lot more unique. So, hopefully this clicks with you all, because it's always a good thing to see a book do well, and you don't want it to drop. So, let's see how we go with this one!]

[A return to form, people! This chapter is a BANGER!!!]
___________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

When I was young...I went through a tragedy like no other. At least, from my point of view. I witnessed, in the front row seat, my mother lying on the ground. Her face was bruised as she was hit by a person...no, not a person...a monster. A monster who claimed his love to her, only to spit it in her face. Pain and torment ruined her face as she begged for her life to the monster towering over her. I stood in silence and watched from the top of the stairs with my little brother as we witnessed our own Mother bashed around like she was nothing. It was a frightening sight. One that made me clench my hand in anger. Yet, I did nothing...I was too afraid.

Even as tears ran down my eyes, I was too afraid to wipe them away. I witnessed a horrifying sight unlike any other, and yet...This wasn't the worst of it. Because whereas my body was controlled by fear, fear did not control my brother. Despite being only five years old, Izuku Midoriya, a person who aspired to be a hero just like All Might, rushed head-first into danger. I didn't recognize it until it was too late. The sight of him standing between our mother and the monster who dared to attack her. He was so brave, whilst I...I was too afraid. But what hurt me the most that day, was not being unable to move. 

It was the fact, that I knew, that if I had noticed Izuku moving sooner, I would have stopped him. I would have grabbed his arm and held him back. I would have stopped him from reaching his dream...Of being a hero. I would have held him back. Not because I was afraid he'd get hurt. But that I was afraid to be alone. Our Mother was getting hurt, I didn't want someone else to get hurt and leave me alone. I hated myself every day for thinking that. That's why I feel, even though as of late I've come to conquer my fear, there's always a slither of it left intake that keeps from properly overcoming it. All lead me to this moment right now.

"Fear...THIRD!"

The words left my mouth as the cheers of the crowd grew louder and louder. They witnessed my body form and expand in a way unlike any other. My entire body, shifting to a clear greenish colour" that was simply put as a living being made up of aura. Green eyes carved out around the head. No sign of legs were seen. Just a hovering mist that kept my body afloat. The most shocking of it all, the four hands that appeared from multiple parts of my body. I no longer carried any form that reminded people that I was a human. Because right now, I wasn't human, I was fear...The living embodiment of it all.

I was without speech. Without movement. I just hovered there. My eyes focused directly on Shoto Todoroki. My opponent who at this point seemed to perfectly match every attack I had planned for him. All led me to this moment. Where I could finally get the upper hand. I knew that because despite him believing he was stronger than me. Or the fact that he could handle everything I threw at him at this very moment. There was something he had, that everyone had, that held them back from truly being perfect. And that one thing...That one thing that brought us all to our knees on one occasion or another...Was fear.

[3rd Person POV]

"You're witnessing it first here, folk! (Y/n) Midoriya has, for the second time in this Sports Festival, brought out his latest power-up! FEAR THIRD! We do not know much about this extraordinary feat of a Quirk other than it changes young (Y/n)'s appearance. But I have a feeling all that is going to change shortly!"

The voice of Present Mic flooded the air as the standoff between Todoroki and (Y/n) continued. The two figures, without movement, narrowed their gazes on the other. Todoroki left contemplating what exactly this form of (Y/n) could do to him, whilst the mind of the aforementioned male turned green spectre was the only thing currently in action. All the while the people watching were left to fully take in what just had happened. Whether that be in the Teacher's area...

Nezu: "Wow! That (Y/n) Midoriya really is something, huh?"

Snipe: "For someone so young being able to use his Quirk in such a way...It's incredible!"

Thirteen: "Every time I see this boy, he surprises me more and more."

Nezu: "Even so, I'm just glad he is on our side. Could you imagine what it would be like if a villain out there had the ability to control nightmares, especially on the level this boy already shows?"

Vladking: "I'd rather not think about that. Though, if it were to happen...I'd still beat him."

A grin marked the teachers lips as he turned to a few female professors standing next to him near the back. No verbal response came, but as soon as All Might heard such words, he was quick to dot them down in his mind.

All Might: [Thoughts] "I am not so sure about that, Sekijiro. Whereas most villains are motivated by greed, and their hunger to be strong. (Y/n) is different...He isn't motivated by greed or power. He is motivated by his promise. Almost to the point he completely forgets about his own life in the process. Because to him, if he were to die tomorrow, yet was able to bring to justice every villain imaginable, he would not second guess the option. That is what makes (Y/n) different...Sometimes I fear, too different..."

The words of All Might played through his head as he watched the scene closer. As he did, in the seating arena for Students, the members of Class 1-A took in the sight of (Y/n)'s latest form.

Mineta: "Wow! (Y/n) really used that form again!"

Ashido: "And so soon as well!"

Kaminari: "That's the one he used on Kaito, right?"

Sero: "I'm not really sure why you're all excited for? I mean, I get its (Y/n), but last time he used this form he didn't even move. He just got a hold of Kaito when he wasn't looking and then they both froze..."

It was at that moment a wave of laughter sounded from in front of Sero. As it did, he, and everyone else, turned toward it to see that none other than Bakugo himself was laughing.

Bakugo: "Hahaha! Why am I not surprised you do not get what is going on here, knock-off Spiderman?"

Kirishima: "Dude, what's with all the nicknames? Like, seriously?"

Bakugo: "Huh? I already told you! Remember? Everyone has nicknames because I'm too bored to remember their actual names." [Groans] "Gosh! Get it together Hard Guy!"

Kirishima: "Hard Gu--Hey! You know my name! It's Ki--"

Kirishima was suddenly cut off when Bakugo began waving him away.

Bakugo: "Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Whatever, Hard Guy. Why don't you go somewhere and get hard, huh? Let me explain why (Y/n) is awesome."

Kirishima: [Blushes and mutters] "This is so embarrassing..."

Bakugo: [To Sero] "Now, as I was saying, knock-off Spider-Man. Sometimes in life, you can be awesome in a really flashy way...Like me~" [Smirks] "But, as you can see, my boy is choosing to go awesome in a more 'to itself' kinda direction. He's doing so because if he goes really awesome in front of all these heroes, he'll show the extras watching at home--"

Iida: [In the back] "Stop calling people extras!"

Bakugo: "Whatever, extra. He'll show all these extras at home that all these other heroes are nothing compared to him. And they'll be wanting my boy to save the day ALL THE TIME! Hence, taking him away from getting with girls. And my boy doesn't want that. So, he's keeping it on the lower..." [Leans in and whispers] "Or on the high, if you're comparing his power levels to the Worm or Jiro."

"Hey!"

Such a shout came from both Mineta and Jiro at that moment. However, Bakugo disputed both by ignoring them. Instead, he just turned back around and focused in on the battle as Todoroki began taking his first steps toward (Y/n). With each step he made, ice was left behind on the ground. A frozen footprint left in his wake. All the while a fiery glare focused in on the emotionless face of the being that was once (Y/n).

Todoroki: "You can change your shape all want, Midoriya. But I'm not going to lose this fight..."

A breath escapes his lips, noticeable due to the cold environment resonating from Todoroki's body. As this happens, Todoroki offers a brief glance up at his Father, Endeavor, who wants from the top row of the arena. A quick second is all it took before he turned back to the unrecognizable face of (Y/n).

Todoroki: "You said you were going to show us who the strongest is. Now's the time for it. But as I said, I'm not going to lose this fight...Even without using my old man's quirk. So I hope you're prepared to lose in my place. Because that's the only outcome that's going to happen."

No response came from (Y/n), as had been the case since he activated Fear Third. The hovering aura made up of green energy just remained in place. Not a single sound came from it as Todoroki's words came to an end...And a towering spear of ice launched from his feet. Even so, (Y/n)'s appearance did not move. It caused tension to build for everyone.

From the students in the grandstand...

Yaoyorozu: "No, (Y/n)!"

Iida: "He's gotta move!"

Tokoyami: "Use the darkness."

Kaminari: [To Tokoyami] "You're really edgy. You know that, right?"

Tokoyami: "...I do."

The teachers on the field...

Midnight: [Mutters] "You know...I don't want (Y/n) to get hurt. But if this attack hits (Y/n), and he's forced to be in the school hospital for a bit..." [Smiles] "I could be the perfect thing to cheer him up!"

Cementoss: [Blankly stares] "You do realize I can still hear you, right?"

Midnight: "Oh, hush, you. I'm thinking about how to make (Y/n) admit he finds me hot."

Cementoss: [Shaking head] "I regret transferring here."

The crowd watching eagerly...

"No way! How's he going to get out of this one!"

"There's no way he can, its coming right for him."

"This is the end!"

"Well, it was nice watching the fight up until this point."

"There's no way they can kill someone live, right?"

"Someone's gotta intervene!"

"Midnight! Step on me--I mean...Save the boy!"

And finally, to the teacher's area, where All Might sits on the edge of his seat as the spear of ice continues to approach (Y/n)'s motionless body.

Snipe: "Move kid! Get out of the way!"

Vladking: "Great. I didn't expect we'd need a clean-up crew today."

Nezu: "Do not worry. Any damages can be healed by Recovery Girl."

Vladking: "Yeah! If anys left! This Todoroki kid seems in a mission."

All Might: [Thoughts] "Todoroki keeps attacking with overwhelming power. What is (Y/n) going to do?"

And then...It happened. The contact made between (Y/n)'s energy-based body and the piercing spike of ice. Time slowed as the remaining seconds built up. A lot expected (Y/n)'s body to suddenly move. Like something would happen to save the day in the last minute. But he didn't move. Instead, he just stood there. Even as the large piece of ice plunged right through his chest. Creating a gaping hole. Of course, no one could see the hole due to the ice still being plunged through (Y/n)'s chest. As soon as realization struck, everyone's eyes went wide. 

People in the crowd covered their eyes whilst students looked on in horror. Genuine fear filled their bodies, well, except for Bakugo, who seemed as calm as ever despite not knowing what was happening. When asked by Kirishima at a later point why he did make a movement. He said he trusted his boy. But the same couldn't be said for everyone else. Midnight and Cementoss, now clear from their little back and forth from earlier, watched with wide eyes as (Y/n)'s form remained motionless. 

No scream of pain or anything came from him. Some questioned if this form of his was just an early plea for him to give up. For a good minute or so, people waited for something to happen. When nothing did, Todoroki was the first to move. Slowly turning around, ready to leave the arena, thinking he had. When suddenly...He stopped. By this point, nothing still happened with (Y/n). But as Todoroki turned his head back around, he realized why no response was made from (Y/n)'s strange form...It was because Todoroki's attack did nothing to him. 

Even with a massive shard of ice stabbed straight through his chest, it was nothing to this form of (Y/n), whose body, like a ghost, fluently removed itself from the icicle as if a knife had stabbed air itself. The form of (Y/n) only moved a few meters. But it was enough for the people still watching to witness as the large gap, previously filled with ice, magically healed itself with more of this strange green aura. It left the crowd in shock. Midnight and the teachers in relief. And Bakugo pumped up.

Bakugo: "LET'S FUCKIN' GO! I KNEW MY BOY WASN'T DOWN FOR THE COUNT!"

And such words fueled on the waves of cheers. The entire crowd instantly jumping to their feet, roaring from the bottom of their lungs as Present Mic spoke through the speakers, the very thought everyone was thinking right now.

Present Mic: "HE'S ALIVE! You witnessed it here first, folks! (Y/n) Midoriya has somehow avoided the worst possibility possible to keep himself in the game!"

The words even reached the home of Inko Midoriya, who didn't wait a second to pounce to her feet and cheer as loud as she could after fearing her son had just died. But die, he did not. (Y/n) Midoriya was very much still kicking. And even though he wasn't speaking, the mere action of Todoroki's attack doing nothing to him spoke all the words needed. As the aforementioned opponent tilted his head slightly.

Todoroki: "You're still going, huh? Gotta say...I thought that attack would have finished you."

Again, no response came. But Todoroki didn't wait for one. Instead, he chose to follow up his words by stretching out his right hand. As he did, a trio of smaller icicles shot from his palm, heading straight for (Y/n). But just like the bigger one, they went right through his body. The holes created immediately filled. Even one that went right through his head was quickly shown to have no effect. All Todoroki could do was sigh, as in the teacher's area, All Might relaxed a little and sat back. 

Todoroki: "Well, this seems to be a problem. Though, I'd rather you get stronger than weaker. So if this is what you've gotta do so I can truly show my old man what I'm--"

BLAM!

Todoroki was suddenly cut off, when out of nowhere, a giant green fist made up of the same substance as (Y/n)'s body, appeared at great speeds to collide with the entire body of the young boy. A fist, the same size as Todoroki's own body, managing to cover twenty meters, the gap that separated him from (Y/n), appeared within seconds to send him flying through the air. The sight was shocking. Even Todoroki wasn't prepared for it. Thankfully for him, just before he was sent off the edge, he was able to form shards of ice behind him. Ones strong enough to catch his blow. 

Though, even with this, the fact he slammed into a hard object whilst flying at great speeds didn't leave him unphased. A sharp groan escaped his lips as he grabbed his head. As he did this, his eyes returned to look at (Y/n), whose hovering body remained still. The only movement that was made, was from the giant fist, one that stretched out thanks to the extending of one of the four arms placed on his body. It seemed that whilst this form of (Y/n) was also basically invincible to long-range attacks, it could also perform long-range attacks itself. The giant fist slowly returning to normal size as it returned to (Y/n)'s body.

Todoroki: "So...You continue to have tricks up your sleeve? Alright then--" [Cracks neck] "I'll bring out some of my own." [Thoughts] "If I'm being honest. I didn't expect anything like this from Midoriya. Even so, I'll beat him...All the while I show my damn old man what I'm capable of."

"Are you sure about that?"

Immediately Todoroki's body froze as his eyes widened slightly. He was certain he heard a voice. But upon looking around, he saw no one with it speaking. Midnight and Cementoss just looked at him earnestly. And there was no one else around who could have sounded so close. That's when Todoroki's gaze shifted back to (Y/n). The strange form, once more motionless, carried no mouth. But Todoroki did notice the creature's eyes move ever so slightly. That seemed to clue him in enough, before it was later confirmed.

"That's right...It's me. Apparently, I can't really speak with this form. Thankfully, I have the knack to speak to them through their minds."

Todoroki: "H-How?"

He asked as he tried to move. Only for his foot to almost give out from underneath him. Todoroki was thankfully able to catch himself. But such a thing did not go unnoticed by (Y/n).

"You're trembling, Todoroki.  Why is that...?"

Todoroki: "I don't know what you're talking about."

Todoroki said, but caused others around him to grow confused.

Cementoss: "Huh? Who's he talking to?" [Turns to Midnight] "Did you say something?"

Midnight: "No."

Cementoss: "Huh...Then who is he talking to?"

A question that went unanswered by them. But Todoroki knew who he was talking to.

"That's alright. You can lie as much as you want. I already know. Quirks are physical abilities. Just like running, or fighting. So there's a limit to how much cold your body can take, isn't there?"

Todoroki: "You're clue--"

"And isn't that something you could solve by using your heat from your left side?"

Todoroki: "I--"

"Of course, it is. I don't need you to answer for me. Though...Even though you need it, you still won't use it? Will you?"

There seemed to be a hint of humour in (Y/n)'s voice. Todoroki guessed that if (Y/n)'s form had a mouth right now, he'd be smiling. But he was left to guess that as everyone watching was left bewildered at the sudden standstill between the pair. Unbeknownst to them of the conversation currently taking place.

"Everyones fighting with everything they've got..."

Imagines of Uraraka and Iida appear before (Y/n)'s eyes.

"...To win and get closer to their dreams..."

More images of Shinso and the other members from Class 1-A appear before (Y/n)'s mind.

"All to become number one..."

Finally, Izuku forms before (Y/n). But not as a mere image like the others. To (Y/n), it felt like he was actually standing in front of him. That was, until he faded away...

"...Yet you want to win with half your strength?! You haven't put a single scratch on me yet, you know? But me...I've been winning this fight from the very beginning."

It was at that very moment that Todoroki noticed a dark cloud above him growing larger with each passing second. But upon lifting his head, he realized that dark cloud, was not a cloud. Instead, it was extended fist from (Y/n)'s body. It wasn't large like before. But it was stretching from his body of aura, unlike any other person Todoroki had seen before. It was like the boy was offered an entirely different quirk. But if that wasn't enough, it soon grew worse. From that one fist, one which headed directly for Todoroki, soon formed a dozen more. 

All appearing identical to the original. But whether they appeared the same or not mattered little. Because Todoroki knew the impact that a single one of those fists could do, so a dozen more wasn't a plus. Especially when they all began crashing into the ground like deadly raindrops from the heavens above. Such left Todoroki to move as fast as he could. Desperately trying to avoid being crushed by a thunderstorm of fists. All the while the voice of (Y/n) continued to rain down within his mind.

"You think you're the be all, end all, Todoroki? Just because you had a bad history? Well, you want to know something? I had a fucked up life too!"

Following his words, the fists storming down from above seemed to grow in strength. To the point, Todoroki's shoulders and back were being struck after every five shots. It was incredibly painful and showcased the range (Y/n) had with his quirk. For being so young, Todoroki was astounded by what was going on. He was forced to adapt. Something he went about doing by forming a roof of ice over his head. 

Allowing the majority of (Y/n)'s punches to strike that as he continued to charge toward his opponent. However, even with this tiny victory, Todoroki wasn't given much room to work further. As just when he felt like he was getting close to (Y/n), he was suddenly unable to move any further. That's when he looked down to see two of (Y/n)'s extended hands stretching from within the ground to hold him in place. 

The sight was shocking. Todoroki's eyes widened as he turned to look back at (Y/n). But as soon as he did, he was greeted by an immediate response. Two large fists. Double the size of Todoroki's body. Launched like a cannon from the centre of (Y/n)'s energy-based chest. Todoroki was only given a quick moment to process the oncoming attacking before it hit him. As it did, the hands wrapped around his legs dissipated. 

Allowing the attack to use all its force to send the boy off his feet and toward the ground. But Todoroki never hit the ground. He expected to. But instead of hitting it, the entire cement-based floor beneath him suddenly cracked open, as if a living volcano below had decided to wake up. With the ground cracking apart, a bright green light appeared with it. The final thing Todoroki saw before he was swallowed by darkness...

"But this isn't about me. It's about you..."

******

Todoroki: "...Argh...Ugh..."

The sound of soft groans escaped the boy's lips as his eyes slowly began to open. For a moment, his mind was blank. As his eyes opened, he found himself lying underneath a roof. One with blue paint that perfectly blended in with the night sky outside. He knew it was night due to a nearby window that showcased the bleak sky outside. Yet, it was thanks to that start sky that light was able to enter the room. As it did, Todoroki slowly sat up to find himself lying on a bed. He appeared to be in a bedroom, by himself, with no sense to remember what had happened. 

All that came to mind was his fight with (Y/n) before he was struck with that powerful two-fist attack. But now, Todoroki was clueless. Reaching for his head, a wave of pain suddenly coursed through his body. Eventually, he gathered the strength to rise to his feet. Stepping away from the bed completely and headed for a nearby door where an aura of green light could be seen from underneath. Todoroki was hesitant as he approached the pathway. 

After all, he remembered what it was like to be in a nightmarish world created by (Y/n). He had experienced it once before, and escaped. So, he planned to do the same once more. As he reached the door, he slowly reached out to grasp the handle. A cold chill surrounded his palm immediately. Which was odd. He hadn't reached out with his right arm...It was his left. A side in which he refused to use. Yet, right now, it felt freezing cold. A thought that remained with Todoroki as he twisted the handle and opened the door, all before stepping through.

--With The Class 1-A Students--

A wave of silence filled the area of students as everything went still on the arena. (Y/n)'s Fear Third form had constructed the same attack as it did with Kaito in the earlier rounds. Which meant for the foreseeable future, both (Y/n) and Todoroki would be left motionless as whatever happened when struck by the attack went on. But knowing as much, Uraraka was finally able to draw her head away from the field and toward the ground. The words of Bakugo once more played through her mind.

Uraraka: [Thoughts] "Was Bakugo telling the truth? Was...Was (Y/n) really going to ask me out? I mean, I'd like if he did. Who wouldn't...He's (Y/n). He's popular. He's nice. He's the perfect guy. Sure, he has some mental scars. But that only attracts me to him even more."

A soft smile slowly crawled onto her lips as Uraraka lifted her head. In doing so, her eyes landed on the aura-based form (Y/n) currently had. But only a few seconds of this lasted before the smile, and her head fell.

Uraraka: [Thoughts] "But if he was going to ask me out...Why didn't he? Did he change his mind? Does he not like me? Did I do something? I hope I didn't. Even if I couldn't date him, I'd at least like for us to be friends..."

"...He does still want to be friends, right?"

Such words lingered through the young girl's mind until they became too much. Without a mutter, she quickly spun around and left the room. Bakugo, who was standing beside her, failed to notice this as he was too focused on cheering his best friend. However, two people amongst the crowd did notice. One of them being Yaoyorozu, and the other being the invisible girl, Hagakure. Thoughts from neither girl were known, the only clue was the concern that rested on the faces of both. As for Uraraka, she walked out of the room and into the hallway. Her head remaining low to the ground. She walked for what felt like an eternity. 

Though in reality, it was just about a hundred meters. Eventually, she came to a stop next to a bunch of vending machines. A simple look towards them made her smile. But not because of the tasty foods that rested inside. But of the memory, she shared there just earlier this day. A memory she shared...With (Y/n). When it happened, they didn't really talk about much important. Uraraka could barely think straight due to all she focused on was whether or not (Y/n) would reject her if she confessed her feelings. She had worried he'd say she wasn't his type. That he liked someone else. All such things any girl in love would--

Uraraka: "...Love?"

The thought of that one word, enough to shut her mind down. Her body froze as a blush crept onto her cheeks. However...The more she thought on it, the more she smiled. She wasn't sure about loving (Y/n). But she did like him. The only problem was, she wasn't sure if he liked her. At least, she had worried about that for so long. But the fact that Bakugo mentioned (Y/n) was going to ask her out made her rethink everything. Was Bakugo lying? No...He cared about this stuff too much to lie. Besides, Bakugo may be Bakugo, but he wouldn't hurt someone like that. Especially when it came to (Y/n)'s love life. So...It must be true.

The thought of that made Uraraka smile once more. But there was still that lingering questions, 'why didn't he ask her?'. Was he just waiting for the festival to be over? That'd make sense. After all, he was in the finals. He didn't need to be distracted by something like asking a girl out before it was all over. Yeah!  R-Right...? In the end, the question still lingered. Uraraka was unable to free herself from the doubt that crept into her head. In the end, she was left in the middle ground. She wasn't any closer to an answer, and before she could contemplate on the matter further, she was pulled back to reality by the sound of a familiar voice coming to life behind her.

"Uraraka?"

Immediately the short brown-haired girl spun around to be confronted by the perplexed face of Yaoyorozu. Honestly, it was funny...Uraraka always thought she was friends with all the girls from class. Though, with Yaoyorozu being so pretty, and rich, and surely more of (Y/n)'s type, that she thought the taller girl wouldn't exactly see Uraraka the same way. And whilst it seemed to start out that way, ever since the pair came to know how the other felt about (Y/n), instead of being further pushed away, they actually came closer. Hence why Uraraka was able to offer a gentle smile to her friend.

Uraraka: "Uh, hey, Yaoyorozu. Did something happen in the fight?"

Yaoyorozu: "No. Everythings still the same."

She said with a shake of her head and a gentle smile. That smile remaining as she looked up at her friend.

Yaoyorozu: "I was actually coming to see if you were alright. I saw you leave abruptly, and was concerned. Is everything okay?"

Uraraka: "Oh..." [Chuckles softly] "Oh, you know, the only thing bothering me is what's been bothering me for so long now..."

Yaoyorozu: "You mean (Y/n)?"

Uraraka: [Sighs] "...Yeah."

The confirmation of such only made Yaoyorozu's smile grow. As Uraraka answered, the young girl leaned against the wall and proceeded to slide to the ground. A moment of silence separated the pair, before Yaoyorozu shook any thoughts from her mind and sat down beside the brunette. Such was surprising to Uraraka, but soon she blended into it when Yaoyorozu spoke next.

Yaoyorozu: "Anything I can help with?"

Uraraka: "H-Huh? Oh..." [Smiles softly] "No. That's okay. I-I know how awkward things could probably get with us both liking (Y/n)."

Yaoyorozu: "True. But, right now, I'm not concerned about him..."

Uraraka: "You're not?"

Yaoyorozu: "Well, I am!" [Chuckles] "After all, I do have feelings for him. I'm concerned every time he goes out to fight. But, what I mean is, right now...I'm not focused on my concern for him...I'm focused on my concern for you. Clearly, something is bothering you, so, if you're willing...I'd like to listen?"

Uraraka was left stunned. She was shocked that Yaoyorozu was willing to put aside her feelings of (Y/n), knowing full well both girls liked him, to instead make sure Uraraka was alright. Whether she had doubts about Yaoyorozu not really being her friend before were present or not, now she was certain, they were no more. As Uraraka offered her own smile toward the girl sitting beside her. Though, it soon dropped and formed into a sigh. Her head shifting back to the ground in front of her as she spoke out.

Uraraka: "...I was told by Bakugo that (Y/n) was going to ask me out."

Yaoyorozu: "H-He was?!"

Yaoyorozu's voice hitched with shock, enough to cause Uraraka to glance at her. Though, Yaoyorozu was quick to recover herself.

Yaoyorozu: "Sorry. I did not mean to--"

Uraraka: "It's fine. I understand how all of this could work out because we both like (Y/n). But...You don't have to worry...(Y/n) didn't ask me out."

Yaoyorozu: "Oh...How come?"

Uraraka: "I don't know. I didn't even know about it until Bakugo told me. At first, I thought he was just messing with me but--"

Yaoyorozu/Uraraka: "Bakugo wouldn't mess around when it involves (Y/n)'s love life."

Uraraka: "...Yeah. So...I don't exactly know what to think."

Yaoyorozu: "Wow, that certainly is, um...Something. B-But I'm sure (Y/n) is just preoccupied. M-Maybe he got nervous?"

Uraraka: [Blankly stares] "Really? (Y/n) got nervous? The only time I've seen him remotely nervous is when Midnight flirts with him."

Yaoyorozu: "Yes, she does do that a lot..."

A moment of silence separated the pair as they thought over the wild possibility that (Y/n) didn't confess to Uraraka solely because Midnight got to him first. But, despite not knowing the other was thinking the exact same thing, both girls shook their minds clean from the thoughts.

Yaoyorozu: "Look, I'm sure something is going on with (Y/n) that we just don't know about. I mean..." [Smiles softly] "(Y/n) really does seem to care about you."

Uraraka: "Huh?"

The sound was all that came from Uraraka's mouth. She would have said more, but she soon became speechless when she saw Yaoyorozu had already become so herself. The rich girl now facing the ground with a pleasant smile on her face. Uraraka was about to ask if everything was alright when she was beaten to it by Yaoyorozu. Little did Uraraka know of what was about to be said.

Yaoyorozu: [Smiles softly] "When (Y/n) was fighting Kaito, I overheard from a few general studies students that were on the ground at that time, that he said some rather nasty things in order to twist (Y/n)'s mind. He said stuff about Midnight; the other students, Bakugo, Kirishima...myself."

A dark, angry look found Yaoyorozu's face. But even if Uraraka didn't see that. All she'd need to see was Yaoyorozu's hand, which was just squeezing a stress ball. One which Yaoyorozu used her Quirk to create. Before long, Uraraka's gaze shifted back to Yaoyorozu. But instead of being angry. Her smile was back once more.

Yaoyorozu: "...But when Kaito said your name, they said there was a noticeable difference in (Y/n). And when the fight was over, after (Y/n) mentioned not talking to his friends in such a way which Kaito did, the only person he mentioned by name..." [Turns to Uraraka] "Was you."

Uraraka: "M-Me?"

Yaoyorozu: "Yes...You. I-I don't know why, but...even before I liked (Y/n), I noticed how close you and him were. It was nice...Seeing people be so close. I-I don't mean to make this about myself, but, I never really had that closeness in my life. Mostly because a lot of people only tried to be friends with me because of my money. But when I saw the two of you together, it...it was nice. You know? You both seemed to genuinely like each other..S-Something I wish I had with him."

Those final words ended up being Yaoyorozu's breaking point. Out of nowhere, her head launched forward as tears rocketed from her eyes. The sound was immediately noticed by Uraraka, who grew shocked instantly upon seeing the scene. Without hesitation, she sent her arms around Yaoyorozu's body as she continued to cry.

Yaoyorozu: "Every day I'd watch the two of you have lunch with Bakugo and Iida. Y-You all seemed so close. Like true friends. And even though Bakugo can be a pain in the butt, and (Y/n) keeps to himself. They really seemed to open up when around you. I-It was so nice that...A-All I wanted was to go over and join you."

Uraraka: "Y-You did? But...Why didn't you?"

Yaoyorozu: "Hmm?"

Her crying stopped momentarily, allowing her eyes to poke out from within the jungle of her hair to look up at Uraraka. Who now offered a gentle and encouraging smile to her friend.

Uraraka: "Why didn't you ask to sit with us? We're all friends! And it would have been great to have another girl around."

Yaoyorozu: "B-But you all talk about so many things that...I-I don't really know about. Because I'm rich, I was worried I wouldn't fit in."

Uraraka: [Waves hand] "Oh, please, really, you can talk about anything around us."

Yaoyorozu: "Even...Tea?"

Uraraka: "T-Tea?"

Her body froze in confusion.

Uraraka: "Y-You mean the stuff that you drink?"

Yaoyorozu: "...Yes."

Uraraka: "U-Um, sure! I-I don't see why not! We'd love to talk about, um...Tea with you, Momo."

Yaoyorozu: "R-Really?"

Sitting back up straight, and shifting her hair back into place, Yaoyorozu looked at Uraraka with hope. The young girl, now focused on helping Yaoyorozu, offered a reassuring smile and nodded to confirm everything said.

Uraraka: "Of course. We'd all love to have you around."

Yaoyorozu: "O...Okay." [Smiles softly] "I-If you say so."

Uraraka: "Definitely!"

Despite not much really being said, what was said, however, seemed to be more than enough to help reassure Yaoyorozu of her place. Enough so a smile could return to her lips as she wiped the tears away. However, it soon dropped once more. Not out of sadness this time, but annoyance.

Yaoyorozu: "Uraraka, I'm so sorry. We were talking about your problem and--"

Uraraka: "It's fine. Really..." [Giggles] "I mean, all of this time I've felt so worried that (Y/n) would like me that I've realized...I, myself, haven't done anything to fix it. You wanting to sit with us at lunch helped me realize that."

Yaoyorozu: "I-It did?"

Uraraka: "Yeah. I mean, you wanted to sit with us so badly, but you were afraid and nervous to do it...I think that's what stopped me from asking (Y/n) myself about how I, and he, feels. I was too scared about rejection, and the pain I could get from that, that I didn't even think about the worse pain I'd get from never even asking. So...I think I'm going to do it."

"...I'm going to tell (Y/n) how I feel."

The words from Uraraka were enough to cut down every single other thought that blocked the mind of Yaoyorozu. Her eyes were shocked in surprise, but soon it shifted to a smile. One that made her realize that even though she felt alone deep inside, that everything that just happened, and how happy she felt for Uraraka right now, made her come to understand that she does have a friend. A true friend. 

And even though it started off on rocky terms, Yaoyorozu could now say she considered Uraraka...Her best friend. She was so happy that she even forgot for a moment that she herself liked (Y/n). She was just happy about everything going on inside. As for Uraraka, she was happy that she finally came to this conclusion. One that made her jump with joy inside. Though, a little nervous that she actually decided to do it.

"I'm glad someone got the courage to do it."

...When a new voice sounded. Immediately the heads of both Yaoyorozu and Uraraka lifted, expecting to land on a face. But...They didn't. Instead, the only thing that confirmed who was in front of them was the hovering invisible physical training uniform. That was all the girls needed to see to realize who it was that was talking to them.

Yaoyorozu: "Hagakure?"

Uraraka: "What are you doing here?"

A question left lingering for a moment before the invisible girl finally decided to respond.

Hagakure: "Well, like Yao-Momo, I saw you leave suddenly. I was worried so I came to see if you were alright. But when I arrived you both were talking about (Y/n)...a-and how you both liked him. And...How you were going to confess to him."

Uraraka: "O-Oh..."

Yaoyorozu: "Wait. You like (Y/n) too, don't you? I remember you mentioning it a couple dozen times be--Oh, no..."

Uraraka: "Hagakure. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel bad because I like (Y/n) as well."

Yaoyorozu: "Yes. We just have strong feelings for him that--"

Hagakure: "It's fine. It's fine. Really. I mean...It's (Y/n) we're talking about. A lot of girls like him, right? Heck, I think even some from Class 1-B like him."

Yaoyorozu: "Really?"

Uraraka: "...They do now, do they?"

Uraraka was left to blink rapidly a few times before Hagakure spoke again.

Hagakure: "Yeah. I think so. Again, not really surprising...So hearing you two like him, a-along with everyone else in class, I'm used to it by now. Still...You seem to be the only one willing to outright tell him how you feel."

Uraraka: "Huh?"

Immediately Uraraka knew who Hagakure was talking to. To the point, the realization made her blush. However, even with such it wasn't long before Uraraka remembered what exactly Hagakure had said when first arriving. It seemed Yaoyorozu had the same thought.

Yaoyorozu: "Hagakure, what exactly did you mean by you were glad someone got the courage to do it?"

Hagakure: "Oh, that? Well...That's a rather long story."

The words of the invisible girl easily fell onto the ears of both Yaoyorou and Uraraka, who turned to each other in confusion. Of course, as this all happened, (Y/n) was dealing with his own matters. Matters in which involved his fight with Todoroki. But before even getting through to the nightmares that awaited the future of this fight, (Y/n) first found himself remembering a time long ago. Something he couldn't help but remember as he waited through the void of Todoroki's very mind...

[Your POV]

When I was young...Dreams seemed to be the centre of my life. And I don't just mean in the fact that I slept a lot. By dreams, I mean, the goals, the desires of people who had so much left to live for. Dreams are something we all share. No matter if we're different shapes, sizes, colours, or anything of the sort. We all have dreams, and for me, the most prominent dream in my younger life...was not even my own. I don't know why, that in my first five years on this earth, I didn't really have a dream. I mean, all the people I saw at school had dreams. Sure, most were to become a hero, which to a sense is pretty basic. But it seemed to be something that brought joy to so many people. But me...I didn't exactly have the same desire.

Sure, I liked heroes, and I wanted to be like them. But not in the sense everyone else did. I wanted to be a hero because it seemed that no matter where you go, the sight of a hero would always bring about a smile onto people's faces. And for someone who felt out of place in the world, even before everything with Izuku, outside of my family, I didn't really have many friends. So whenever I looked up at heroes, I didn't think care how great or powerful they were, I saw how everyone loved them. Maybe that was my dream...To have everyone like me? Yet, to me, that seems to be a dream for another day. But as for what I meant before when I said the most prominent dream in my life wasn't even my own, I'm referring to my brother, Izuku.

A day would not go by without him declaring his dream of wanting to be a hero like All Might. Every moment he got to bring up his dream, he'd do it, without hesitation. Even when he was told he was Quirkless, his dream remained. Even when he was down and out of it, his dream remained. People told him all the time that because he didn't have a Quirk, he couldn't be a hero. So many nasty things were said to him, it made me sick. Yet, in the end, he proved them all wrong. Izuku didn't need a quirk to be a hero. He wasn't worried about having a quirk when he rushed down to protect our Mom from a monster. Whether he knew it or not, in the end, Izuku was a true hero. One unlike any other person who calls themselves a hero today.

Perhaps that's why I don't like calling myself a hero, because deep down I'll know it's pointless calling myself a hero when I have a Quirk to help me. Giving me the confidence to get the job done. But for Izuku, a true hero, he didn't need the confidence of a quirk or anything like it to get the job done. And along with his tragic death, Izuku's dream was finally achieved. But that isn't why I'm telling you all this. I'm saying this not because I'm offering hope that all dreams, no matter the size, will one day come true. Parents already do that enough. But I'm here to tell you exactly that. They say all dreams come true. The thing they seem to forget to mention though...

...Nightmares are dreams too.

The words fell from my mind as my eyes finally opened. As they did, I found myself no longer in the arena. Now, decked in my hero outfit, unmasked, of course, I stood in a darkened hallway. I found it strange that my Fear Third technique often caused this dream variant of myself to wear the suit whenever I entered the mind of my opponent. Perhaps as a means to strike fear further when the eventual fight began. A fight that seemed to take a further pause as currently I saw no sight of Todoroki. Instead, all I saw was a darkened hallway, barely lit enough that I could see through it. From a mere glance around, it looked like the house had been structured like the houses of old. Stylized like years past. 

Even so, there were clear modifications done to it to make it fit into the modern day. I wasn't really able to get a hint of much more though as I finally took my first step through Todoroki's mind. I was entirely sure how Fear Third worked so far. After all, I've used it only once before. Even so, it felt rather...normal, being in the mind of another. It felt like the real world, yet, in this state, I was in completely control of the world around me. Though, whereas I could control the setting, it was up to the person whose mind I was in to set the groundwork. And for Todoroki, it seemed his nightmarish hell was a dark building. One that I soon began venturing through. As I did, I passed by various items. Such as cupboards, and shelves; all carrying various items. 

It wasn't until I reached a small cabinet, about a little higher than my waist, that I took the moment to stop and take in the sights. One such sight being a framed picture, one I presumed was of the Todoroki family. Upon picking up the framed picture, I realized as much was true. A total of six people were in the picture. A tall woman, with a gentle smile and all-white hair. She seemed happy on the surface, but upon looking into her eyes, you could tell there was a further story to be told. Not everyone may see that, but for me, it was rather easy. After all, I knew the feeling well. Having to place a mask of happiness onto your face when asked to be in a picture or something along those lines. Something that'd stand the test of time. 

After all, a picture is normally used to remember the good times...So even when you're sad, you tend to at least try to be happy. The person standing next to her, however, seemed anything but. It didn't take long to realize that person was Endeavor. His bulky build enough to give the character away. What caught my attention, however, was that the top half of his body had been burnt away. Like that part of the picture had been lit with a lighter...Or perhaps in this case, a Quirk. Clearly, the setting for Todoroki's nightmare induced world was similar to his real life. Below the married couple, were four girls. The tallest being a girl. She, like her mother, had white hair. Though, there were noticeable patches of red in it. 

Her smile was bright, honestly, it reminded me of Izuku... Next to her were two boys. One, a little smaller than the girl, had all white hair, and a bright smile himself. The other, well, like Endeavor, his upper half was burnt away. Everything from his face to his shoulders was gone, keeping his identity a secret. But with all the others mentioned, there was only one person left...

"Stand up!"

Before my mind could properly process the image of Young Todoroki, my head was quickly caused to shift to the right as a shout echoed from down the darkened hallway. Though, this time, upon looking down the hall, about twenty meters away, through the darkness, a small shift of light could be seen. Such which managed to make its way through an opened doorway. Immediate curiosity filled my mind, enough that I unconsciously began wandering towards the noise. As I did though, I was confused. Nothing should really be going on without me creating it. So, whatever this noise was...I wasn't the cause of it. And it was that thought that caused me to be concerned the most right now...

*******

"Stand up!"

The words echoed again from the distance as I navigated through the dark. The sound of other noises, less exaggerated, hidden due to the voice, echoed in the background. The voice felt familiar, one I had heard before. It caused my mind to go restless as I searched my memories for where I had heard it before. It wasn't long before I realized who was speaking, but it was as I did that I reached the open doorway. Slowly poking my head into the entrance, just enough to peak my eyes around the corner, the first thing I saw was Todoroki. 

Standing there. Completely still. Not a single motion came from his being as he just stared blankly at the ground. A simple glance at the Physical training uniform was all it took to realize he wasn't an image created from my Quirk. He stood there, alone, defenceless and open for attack. With the clenched energy of my fist, I went to move. Willing to end this quick and easy. But all I got in was a single step before my body halted immediately. My eyes widened in shock when I saw what was playing before Todoroki this entire time.

"Tch...If you're downed by something like this, forget beating All Might..."

...When I first found out that my Fear Third Technique was able to take me into the mind of my enemies and literally control the nightmares around them, I was shocked, and honestly, a little frightened. It was such a nasty power, being able to mould the fears of the people you were fighting against. But I cast that shock away when I realized the matter that I'd only be using it against villains. They didn't deserve pity. Not that I'd even offer it to them. 

But when it came to use it against Todoroki, I was hesitant. I may not like him, but he isn't a villain. So I wasn't so sure on using it. But after he cast aside my Fear Second form, and was showing more rage in his attacks, I gave in to the hesitation and realized if I wanted to keep my promise to Izuku, I'd need to go into another gear. But when I first called out the name of my power up, I never expected such fears from the mind of Todoroki to be so...real. 

But now, as I witness the horrid sight before me, all I can feel is that regret again. The regret of using this power. And the regret...of not punching Endeavor the moment I got a strange feeling about him the first time we spoke. Because now, as I witnessed the towering man stand over the five-year-old body of a young Todoroki, whose body lay hunched over, clenching his chest as his tears mixed with vomit lying below him, that's all I wanted to do.

Endeavor: "Tell me, boy! How do you think it's possible to beat someone like All Might, when you can't even stand a simple attack?" 

Todoroki didn't respond. Nither the one I knew, or the five-year-old. Not that I could blame him. He seemed to have been punched so hard, by his father no less, that he vomited on the ground. The more I witnessed it, the angrier I got. Something that was only doubled when, in the place of Todoroki, an image of Izuku appeared. An image of my childhood house, where my brother lay on the ground between our mother and the monster that attacked her. 

It was only for a second that this image appeared, a clear indication how seeing such a sight caused my Quirk to become unstable. Unbeknownst to me, Todoroki also noticed the sudden flash in his memory. One that showed him something he did not know. Such caused his head to rise from his sorrow. However, he did not turn around. Meanwhile, the image before him returned to his childhood. The moment his father struck him whilst training his son to become a hero. At the very moment, his mother rushed in to check on her son.

"Please, stop! He's only five!"

Endeavor: "He's already five! Get out of my way!"

WHAM!

The sound echoed suddenly, causing my eyes to focus on what was happening before me. But when I saw the moment, slowed down in time, I couldn't believe it. The sight of Todoroki's mother being struck to the ground, all caused by the hand of her husband, Todoroki's father...Endeavor. The look of rage on his face caused a similar look to form on my own. One which softened immediately as the scene before me shifting out of reality abruptly once more. Yet again, the living room of my childhood home took centre stage. Like before, characters from Todoroki's memory took the form of my own. 

Young Izuku looked on in horror as my own mother took the form from Todoroki's own. Her crying, shattered face, now consumed my mother's as she was sent crashing to the ground from a single strike from the monster that towered over her. By this point, my jaw was pressed heavily against each other. My hands squeezing against each other for dear life as I witnessed my living nightmare first-hand. It was also at this point that Todoroki realized what was going on, and immediately spun around. In doing so, he was greeted by the anger that coursed through my face. Turning back to in front of him, he witnessed my own nightmare for himself.

"STOP! PLEASE, STOP!"

The words fell from my Mother's mouth as her body slammed into the ground. Upon making contact, a shift in reality came again. For a moment, the scene returned to Todoroki's, before quickly switching back to my nightmare. The sight of my mother, lying helpless on the ground, as a dark figure that shifted between the form of Endeavor, to the very monster that haunted my mind. Back and forth, the scene shifted between the two nightmares. But even when it was Todoroki's turn to witness his past, I still felt as if I was looking at my own. I couldn't move. 

I couldn't think. I wanted it to stop. I tried. But the chaos of it all, something I did not prepare myself for, caused my entire being to shut down. I was left unable to move as I relived, first hand, far worse than any other time before I had pictured it in my head, of the night my mother was attacked, and Izuku died. It all felt so real. Truly, a living nightmare to be feared. I would have been stuck there for all eternity I think, if it weren't for a sudden movement. But such a thing did not come from me. I only noticed it when it was too late. 

An unknown hand grabbed at the crop of my hero uniform. The sensation of tension running through my body all I felt before I was pulled out of the room and slammed into the wall of the hallway outside. Only then did my mind snap back to reality, discarding what I had just witnessed, to see the narrowed eyes of Shoto Todoroki staring deep into my soul. All the while, his right fist was pulled back, ready to strike if necessary. But in the end, he didn't use it. He just continued to look deep into my soul as he muttered the words.

Todoroki: "...What the hell are you doing here?!"

[3rd Person POV]

An unknown amount of time later, the duo of (Y/n) and Todoroki could be seen walking through the dark halls of the latter's mind. Not a word being said between them, even so, the sense of fighting seemed not to rise between them. Yet, despite the lack of words being spoken, didn't necessarily mean neither one had nothing to say. Both had questions on their mind. More than what had already been answered. For (Y/n), his thoughts dwindled on pain. But, surprisingly, not his own. 

Despite the fact the image of his mother being attacked still haunted his mind, he was more so focused on Todoroki. For whereas (Y/n)'s life was destroyed by a monster from the outside world, Todoroki's was destroyed by a monster he knew too much. His own Father. Just the thought of Endeavor hurting his own, innocent family, made (Y/n) clench his fist in anger. 

Even though it was really none of his business, (Y/n)'s hatred toward the man skyrocketed after seeing this. However, it also made him see Todoroki in a different light. His eyes lingered on the back of the male's head. A look of sorrow crossing (Y/n)'s face. Now, as for Todoroki, (Y/n) was sure he already knew all about the boys Quirk. Yet, he was given a moment o reconsider such when out of nowhere Todoroki spoke out, as if he had witnessed every change of (Y/n)'s face that had taken place in the last few seconds.

Todoroki: "You got something to say?"

He said with his usual cold, loner, attitude. He didn't even turn around as the boys continued to venture through the dark halls. Only lighting up due to the conversation between the pair.

(Y/n): "...I wanted to say I'm sorry."

Todoroki: "For what? What my old man did to me and my mother? Don't be...I've had enough of peoples pit--"

(Y/n): "I'm not apologising for that. Nothing of the sort."

Todoroki: "Oh, yeah? That's new..."

Again, he didn't turn back to look at (Y/n). Honestly, it made (Y/n) question if this was the way he acted to everyone else when in a mood. But he pushed those thoughts to the side as he focused back in on what he wanted to say.

(Y/n): "I'm apologizing because...I shouldn't have brought you here. I was hesitant when I first thought of using it against you, and I still went through with it. Now...We're stuck here."

Todoroki: "You don't have to apologize for anything. This is a battle. Where we both have to use everything we've got. If I had your Quirk, I'd use the same attack on you without hesitation..."

Such words ran rather deep with (Y/n), who once more contemplated on this Fear Third Technique. Imagining himself in the position of a victim, more than he had already felt today, caused his mind to go blank with a moment of grief. All before his focus was sparked once more due to the voice of Todoroki.

Todoroki: "Besides..." [Looks over shoulder] "It seems you got a taste of your own medicine back there."

This was the first time Todoroki actually made eye contact with (Y/n). Something that lingered for a moment before the young boy turned his head back towards the darkened path ahead. Silence filled the air, but, unlike before, it wasn't long before another set of words entered the air.

Todoroki: "So...How exactly do we get out of here? Can't you just...End the effect?"

(Y/n): "Normally, but...Something feels different. I noticed it as soon as I woke up in your mind. Add in the fact that your past memories are mixing with mine, I-I've never dealt with something like this before."

Todoroki: "So we're trapped?"

(Y/n): "So we have to keep moving and hopefully once we reach the end of the story we'll be able to get out."

Todoroki: "End of the story? What's that supposed to mean?"

(Y/n): "I don't know, dude. I've only done this like once before. Normally it should have a default exit when the person I've effected has reached their limit."

Todoroki: "So, what? I've got to experience the horrors of my past?"

This time, (Y/n) didn't say anything back. He just offered a glance at Todoroki before moving on. The pair, clearly left unknown what to do, could only keep moving as they ventured through the torn and misplaced mind of Shoto Todoroki. But as they ventured through memories of their own, back in the real world, another person could be seen doing the same...

[Hagakure's POV]

When I was young...I wasn't a very out going person. When I was four, my Quirk finally manifested. From that point on, I never saw what my body looked like again. To this very day, I struggle to remember what I looked like without looking at a photo take before it happened. But from what I remember, I was a pretty energetic kid. Always getting into trouble. Having fun with friends at my school. Whatever was normal for a kid my age. But when my Quirk manifested, it all changed. On my first day of school, everyone was schooled. I was invisible, so, all they saw were floating clothes. When they first saw me, they thought I was a ghost. 

To the point, everyone ran away from me. If I'm being honest, for someone that used to have a bunch of friends, it was sad to see them all run away from me. It took a good half the day for them to properly understand I wasn't a ghost, but me... When they realized, I hoped things would go back to normal. But still, it seemed they were rather put off by the fact I was suddenly invisible. Like I was a different person or something. In the end, the coming days weren't easy. The friends I once had no longer wanted to spend time with me. I was alone...and it hurt. To the point, a lot of my time had been spent alone. 

Which is tough for a girl who was once outgoing, only to be shunned away by people. But, it's not like I didn't try to make friends. I went to the park every day near my house in hopes of making new friends. I thought, if they didn't know me before, they may like me even with me being invisible. But, I think I was wishing on a star when I thought that. Because every day I went to that park, I was shunned by more and more people. For the most part, they were nice about it. Saying that they were just leaving, or they couldn't because they weren't playing, but looking after another kid. All lies, I knew as much. 

But still, the fact no one wanted to be my friend made me really sad. I felt a feeling inside that I had never felt before. I was truly alone. Heck, It felt like I couldn't even be with myself due to being unable to see my body. It was annoying beyond belief. Even to the point, I wished I was Quirkless. But the worst of it didn't come right away. That was saved for a day when I was at my bottom. Literally. I was shoved to the ground by a group of older kids who decided to make fun of me because I was invisible.

SLAM!

"Haha! Look at her! She's so weak! What a stupid Quirk!"

"Wait. What do you mean 'look' at her? No one can see her!"

"Hahaha! You're right!"

Being shoved to the ground wasn't what hurt the most. It was their laughter. It only reminded me that I once had so many friends. Yet, now, people saw me as a freak. The only thing they could see, besides my clothes, was the tears that ran down my eyes as I looked up at them. All the while they continued to be mean.

"Hey! Hey! Are you just invisible, or a ghost?"

Hagakure: [Whilst crying] "I-I'm not a ghost..."

They didn't seem to care for my answer.

"Oh, wait! If she's a ghost. That means she's dead!"

"Haha! You're dead!"

"How did you die, Ghost girl?"

Hagakure: [Whilst crying] "I-I already told you...I'm not a ghost! I-I'm just got a Quirk that--"

"Makes you dead!"

"You're dead!"

"But, wait! If you're dead, why are you wearing clothes?"

Hagakure: "I'm not--"

"Dead people don't wear clothes."

"Yeah! That's such a waste!"

"But don't worry, we'll help you with that."

...I was fortunate these girls were only twelve, otherwise, I probably would have been far more scared than I really was in the moment. But even saying that, I was still scared. I was left lying on the ground, my only movement coming from the strength I has to drag myself backwards. Even so, no matter how much space I thought I'd made, the bullies would only get closer. In desperation, I looked around. I hoped an adult, someone, would notice and come to help me. I wanted to scream, but the words got caught up in my throat. I was too focused on breathing deeply, my mind plagued by thoughts. 

I was broken, without hope. I feared so much at this one moment. But what hurt the most was...No one saw me. At least, that's what I thought. Because just as I thought the bullies were going to reach me, a green blur was my saving grace. And honestly, I'm thankful it was. It all happened so fast. The green blur appeared out of nowhere from behind one of the bullies in the centre. Without hesitation, he wrapped his arms around the bully's neck and head, and used his legs to wrap around the bully's own. This allowed the person saving me to use all his weight to slam the bully into the ground. But even when they were on the ground, he didn't let go. He tightened his grip around their neck. Holding them close as a look of anger rampaged his face.

It was at this moment I got a glimpse of my saviour. He was a boy, the same age as me with (H/c) hair with green tips on the edges. He was only seven, yet he fought like someone who had lost everything. It seemed he was going to remain on the ground choking out the first bully for as long as possible. Only being pulled away when the other two dragged him off their friend. But even then, this boy didn't back down. With a scream from his mouth, he sent his head flying forward. I watched in shock as it collided with the forehead of another bully, leaving him dazed and confused. The only one left properly remaining was the short boy on the left. A look of regret instantly dawned on his face when he realized he was the only one left focused.

"N-No. No. Please. I'm sorry! I didn't mean too. I was just doing it because--"

"AAARRRGGHHH!!!"

But he didn't wait for a response. He just screamed again as he charged toward the short kid. Even so, he didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around the chest of the bully and duck his head underneath his arm. Then, with all his force, he dropped him to the ground. Slamming him to the hard grass, as they had previously done to me on the concrete. By this point, my tears had dried up. 

I was too shocked to cry. I was left even more in such a state a few minutes later. When, after beating the bullies a few more times, this boy, this...hero of mine, stood before him. A look of complete anger resonating on his face as he faced off with three older kids. Only seven years old, and he showed no fear. I...I felt so safe in the moment. Even more so as he barked at the kids in front of him.

"Look, dude, we're sorry!"

"Yeah, we were only having fun!"

"So stop hurting us!"

(???): "Why should I? I was just having fun! So why should I stop hurting you, when you were hurting this girl and calling her names! Because I've got some names for you guys!"

Hehe...The next part was kinda funny. With that look of anger still in his eyes, he began to point at each one of the bullies. Giving them all a name...

"I..."

"...Don't..."

"...Care."

When he was finished naming them, he struck forward, as if going to punch them again. He didn't, but the bullies didn't know that. So, as soon as he moved, the bullies wasted no time in turning around and running away. I was so happy. Not just because they were scared and afraid, and finally left me alone. But that someone finally stood up for me. Someone...finally saw me. But even with this, I feared that as soon as it was over, he'd just turn around and walk away. Forgetting about me. Leaving me alone. But, he didn't. In the end, he turned around, and looked at me. And even though he seemed so angry before. It all disappeared when he turned around, and offered me a hand. All the while, he gave me a smile I'll never forget.

(???): "...Are you okay?"

They were simple words, but in the moment, they meant so much to me. To the point, all I could do was stare up at him in disbelief. Without him knowing, I went to reach for his hand. But just as I was about to, I hesitated.

Hagakure: "But...Don't you think I'm weird? I mean...I am invisible."

Those three words were filled with all the pain I had gathered up over the years. Made even worse due to the fact that it seemed like now was the first time I'd actually have a proper friend. But only for it to be taken away with a simple moment. But, I was given the shock I needed when I heard his next words.

(???): "I don't think you're weird. I think you're cool."

Hagakure: "C-Cool?" [Turns to him] "You think I'm...Cool?"

(???): "Yeah. I mean, you don't see a lot of people that are invisible. So that's cool. And besides, it's just your Quirk, right? So why would I think you're weird?"

Hagakure: "Be...Because everyone else thinks I'm weird."

(???): "Yeah, well, in my life...I've come to realize I'm not like a lot of other people. So...Y-Yeah. Um. I-I'm just glad you're alright...I-I better go."

I never found out why his attitude changed after that. Like a wave of sadness came over him. Yet, despite my mind's best efforts, I never once suspected it was to do with me. I knew it was because of something else. That's why I held no hesitation when he turned around and went to leave, I suddenly reached out for his hand and held it tightly. The contact shocked him, enough to stop. Which gave me the perfect opportunity for him to lift to my feet. 

When it happened, all we did was look at each other. Well, he looked at the part he believed my eyes were at. But me, I looked right at his. They were nice, and despite only being a kid, I couldn't help but blush looking at all the features he had to offer. I didn't know at the time, but I felt my heart skipped a beat. When I realized such, I was so nervous, I didn't know what to say. In the end, I proceeded to repeatedly press my two index fingers together as I nervously mumbled from my mouth

Hagakure: "Uh, I-I-I'm H-Hagakure, by the way...Toru H-Hagakure...What's you're name?"

(Y/n): "O-Oh, um..."

Hesitation was quick to fill his voice. Yet, I knew, once more, it wasn't a bad thing reflected at me. It felt like an eternity went past as I waited. But I didn't mind. I just continued to look at him, until he finally responded. And when he did, I couldn't help but smile. Because the name he muttered would be one I'd never forget. After all...Who could forget the name of their hero? And my hero...His name was (Y/n).

[Your POV]

I don't know how much time had passed. During it, however, Todoroki and I came to a silent understanding to not attack each other, but just try and get out of this hellhole. One I repeatedly tried to take down, but I just couldn't. It truly goes to show that my Quirk isn't one to be messed around with. Even by me. Maybe taking a break from trying to boost it all the time would be worth it. But for now, I had to focus on getting out of here. But such was easier said than done, especially when you have to witness so many dark memories from someone's life that isn't yours. 

By this point, I had seen a lot of memories from Todoroki's life. Not all nightmares. Just...sad moments that held him back deep inside. From loss, to sadness, to feeling alone. The more I witnessed, the more I couldn't help but relate to him even more. But whenever I didn't feel such a feeling, there was another that rested deep inside me. A hatred unlike any other I had felt before. But this hatred wasn't directed at Todoroki. No. It was directed toward the person who was supposed to protect him the most. Who was supposed to be with him through thick and thin? 

The protector of a family's household. His father...Endeavor. My anger towards the man only grew with each passing room in which memories of the past greeted us. At first, I was hesitant to look in any. As it was none of my business. But Todoroki seemed not to mind going off a few things he said previously. Even so, the more I looked into each room, the worse the feeling inside of me got. My origin was one thing, but for Todoroki, he didn't seem to have the family backing him like I did. I now felt even worse after all the hypocritical things I said about him moving on. I said all of it without thinking about what he went through.

And now, the further we venture, the worse I feel inside. All I wanted was to get my hands on Endeavor so I could deliver the justice a monster like him deserves. A type of justice no hero would bring. Only the opposite. But he was a hero, and if I wanted to keep my promise to Izuku, I couldn't go all out. I'd need to find a way to make it plausible. But that was the least of my worries at the moment. As my thoughts were soon taken up with the image of yet another memory. One that awaited both Todoroki and I as we reached another room. This one, however, showcased a time where Todoroki sat in the lap of his saddened mother. Crying into her chest as she held him tightly. It reminded me of my own Mom...And how lucky I am to have her.

Young Todoroki: "But I don't wanna, Mom... I... I... I don't want to be like Dad... I don't wanna become someone who bullies you, Mom!"

The clenching of my fist, and the narrowed look in my eyes was all that separated the words as Todoroki's mother began to pat her son's head softly.

Young Todoroki: [Whilst crying] "I don't wanna hurt you, Mom..."

Rei Todoroki: [Smiles] "...But you want to be a hero, right? It's okay for you to be one. As long as you have a future you feel strongly about."

...But all I needed was to hear the words of Todoroki's mother to lose that anger. My fist releasing with a sigh. The memory came to an end as Todoroki dropped his head. As for me, I couldn't help but press my back against the wall behind me as I looked up to the roof above me and smiled softly.

(Y/n): "...Your Mom seems pretty great. Better than great, even."

Todoroki: "She..." [Smiles softly] "...She was."

"Hey, now. That's something I haven't seen before."

Todoroki: "Huh?"

Upon looking up, Todoroki was greeted by a smile on my face. Something I myself wouldn't do normally in a situation like this. But, in a strange way, I felt safe enough to do it. Of course, as soon as this happened, Todoroki dropped his own smile and acted as if nothing happened.

Todoroki: "I don't know what you're talking about."

(Y/n): "Oh. We're playing it that way, huh? Okay. Okay. To each their own..." [Sighs] "Though, seeing your Mom like that, can't help but remember my own."

It was as I said those words, that the room we just looked in changed, to a moment when I was a kid. Where my Mom and I sat on the couch watching TV. It was a simple memory. But one I cherished. I didn't know it was going on, however, as my gaze was focused in the other direction. But Todoroki saw it. All the while, I spoke from the heart as I remembered the past.

(Y/n): "When I was young, she...she always seemed to be the person I need most. She was there to help me when I need it." [Glances at Todoroki] "Kinda like yours, right?"

Todoroki: "I...I wouldn't be so sure of that."

(Y/n): "Huh? What do you mean?"

Todoroki: "...It doesn't matter. Come on. We need to keep moving."

Without another word, Todoroki turned around and walked off. I was quick to follow, however, as I did, I couldn't help but notice the darkened look that had spawned on his face as I mentioned his mother. It confused me, and I was worried I had ventured too far into his business. I went to apologise when I fought against it. Realizing right now an apology towards that might not be the best option right now. So, I decided to apologise for something else.

(Y/n): "I'm sorry...for what I said on the field. About using the other part of your Quirk, despite your Dad. I...I didn't know, and yet I kept pushing with it. So, I'm sorry. I'm man enough to admit that."

Todoroki: "You don't need to apologise. You were doing it to get to me."

(Y/n): "No, actually. I wasn't..."

That seemed to be enough to spark Todoroki's curiosity. At least, to the point he stopped walking and proceeded to turn around towards me. However, when he did, my eyes were already focused on the ground.

(Y/n): "I think...In a way I was saying it to myself. I was telling you to let go. To move on from everything. When...I think that's exactly what I needed most in life. I needed to move on."

Todoroki: "What do you mean? What do you have to move on from?"

(Y/n): "To put it simply..." [Slowly lifts head] "...Everything."

I don't know the exact emotions I felt at this moment. I was clouded by so many thoughts, some not even my own, that I didn't know where to take this story next. But then I realized, maybe the best way to apologise to Todoroki, was by explaining how I got to this point. So, in a moment filled with nothing but faith, I used whatever control I had over this realm to bring about the nightmares not from Todoroki's mind...But my own. 

It all happened in the blink of an eye. One moment we were in a dark hallway representing Todoroki's mind, and the next, we were standing in a bedroom. One I knew like the back of my hand. A room filled with posters of various heroes. But one that stood out the most, was the poster carrying the image of All Might. The poster quickly captured the attention of Todoroki who looked up at it in wonder.

(Y/n): "...That was my brothers."

Todoroki: "H-Huh?" [Turns around] "Oh...I see."

He was trying to be so cold and alone that I could have laughed. I didn't. But I did smile as I looked at the poster and the rest of the room.

(Y/n): [Sighs and smiles] "Man. It sure has been awhile since I've been in this room. Hasn't changed a bit. Well, this is a dream...nightmare...After all."

Todoroki: "Where are we?"

(Y/n): "Hmm? Oh! Right! I'm not alone this time..." [Chuckles softly] "Normally, whenever I relive this moment I'm alone. Huh...Kinda weird, but nice, to have someone else here for a change."

Though, it seemed Todoroki wasn't really interested in my words as he just blankly stared at me, waiting for me to answer his question. Realizing such, I wasted no time in doing that. And I went about it by sitting on a bed. One that belonged to Izuku. Again, a smile rested on my lips as my hands ran across the soft fabric of his bed. The All Might blanket covering it bringing about memories when Izuku and I would hide under it when it was thunder storming outside. He hated thunder, and me, well, I hated it too. But I didn't tell Izuku that. As he believed, if I wasn't afraid, then he wouldn't either. So, I kept my fear in check. The exact same thing I was doing now.

(Y/n): "This was the room my Brother and I shared when I was young. Yep! For a good number of years, I lived in this house. Just me, my Mom, and my brother."

Todoroki: "What about your Dad?"

(Y/n): "My Dad? Oh...He, uh, he died...When I was young also." [Chuckles softly] "Seems like a lot of things happen to use when we're younger, huh?"

Todoroki didn't respond. He just looked at the ground.

(Y/n): "Uh, right. Sorry. Where are we? We are in my head...Our head...Your head, my mind? My nightmares? I don't exactly know, but...I wanted to bring you here because I wanted to show you just what I need to move on from."

With the ending of my words came another scene. Now we stood out on the balcony of the second-floor hallway of my childhood home. When we first got out there, Todoroki was left confused as he looked around. As for me, my eyes were focused on one thing in particular. Todoroki soon found out what when, in the distance, he lined his gaze on two young boys. Myself and Izuku. The memory of the two of us watching on as our Mother was abused by the monster. The sight seemed to capture Todoroki's gaze instantly. Of course, it wasn't right away he noticed my mother's body lying on the ground downstairs. It was only after his gaze followed that of my younger self did he noticed. Only then did I speak.

(Y/n): "When I was young...about five or so. My Mother was attacked by her boyfriend at the time. A man who supposedly loved her. Whether he did at one point or not is another question. But when it happened, it woke up my brother and I from our sleep. We walked out here and watched as my mother was thrown to the ground. Her screams echoed through our young ears."

"STOP! PLEASE, STOP!"

(Y/n): "...At this point in time, I didn't have a Quirk. Neither did my brother. I...I felt so powerless as I watched my mother get attacked by a monster unlike any other. I wanted to help. I wanted to protect her. But...I was too afraid. I was held back by fear that all I could do was watch. But Izuku...He didn't watch. He jumped right in, to save the day."

"S-Stop it. You...You can't hurt my Mommy! Stop... OR I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!"

(Y/n): "My brother had always dreamed of being a hero. Of saving the day with a smile on his face. Like All Might..." [Chuckles softly] "...He always spoke about All Might. To the point, I hoped and prayed that All Might would show up to save the day. But...He didn't. All Might didn't show up, and...my brother died. He was burnt, actually..." [Chuckles softly] "Maybe I shouldn't have brought you along, huh?"

Again, I looked at Todoroki. He didn't smile again, but this time it wasn't filled with his loner attitude. A part of me wondered if he just...didn't know what to say.

(Y/n): "Though, at the bright young age of five, my Quirk finally manifested, and with it...I killed the man who killed my brother. I made him die by the images of his own nightmares. It was that moment, I made a promise to my brother..."

Even so, before anything else was said, the scene changed once more. This time, to my childhood classroom, where I sat at the back of the class. Next to me, Bakugo was going on about something whilst laughing his butt off. All the while, I had my eyes focused at the front of the class, where Akiko could be seen smiling and talking with a few of her friends. My younger self couldn't help but smile at her, even though I wasn't apart of the conversation.

(Y/n): "...When people found out about my Brother's death, they started to blame me for it. Well, most didn't unlike Kaito started saying it. Honestly, it made me feel more alone than I ever did before." [Smiles] "Luckily for me, I had Bakugo. But...I still hurt to feel alone."

Once more, the scene changed. This time to the front gates of U.A.; the gates I walked through on my first day. Now both Todoroki and myself just stood there, as images of people from the past walked on by. Even Bakugo and I...

(Y/n): "Whilst other people came to U.A. to become heroes. I came here with a promise...A promise that I wouldn't be held back by fear. A promise to my brother that I wouldn't let any evil walk free on this Earth again. So whereas other people come to U.A. to becomes heroes, I didn't really care about being a hero. In fact, I don't think of myself as one. I see myself as a person who got a bad hand in life. But instead of being alone and filled with grief. I want to put that grief into something good...By making sure villains don't get away free from the crimes they commit. Though, the only problem with that is..."

At this very moment, my eyes noticed something in the distance. It was the moment I first met Uraraka. After I caught her before she almost fell over. I watched from a distance as the old me acted so cold and without a touch of personality. I was honestly pretty lame back then.

(Y/n): "...The only problem is, with all that on my conscious, weighing me down further and further, I can't move on. Especially when all I want to do right now is tell this girl I like how I feel...But I'm worried that I'm just going to hold her back." [Chuckles] "It's funny, actually. When I beat up Kaito, I told him I was no longer worried about the past. Yet, here I am, still reliving it."

The final words spoken until everything around us faded to black. Before long, we returned to the hallway within Tododoroki's mind. The last stop I intended before I turned back to him.

(Y/n): "So...Yeah. I just wanted to show you that not for pity or anything. Like you, I'm not really good with things like that. But still...I wanted to give you proof that all of this, despite me saying otherwise, I...I feel it was just me trying to get myself to listen. To finally FINALLY move on from everything and let it go." [Chuckles] "And after all that, I feel I can finally get us out of here..."

Todoroki: "What do you mean? I thought we couldn't because--"

(Y/n): "I thought so too. But, I think I was so field on anger towards your Dad and what he did to you and your Mom...Relating it to my own memories, that I was too focused on rage to do anything. But...After finally speaking to someone about these memories I keep locked away...I'm at ease."

Following my words, Todoroki just looked at me in confusion. All the while, I just smiled back. I truly felt at ease for once. Even more so than after my fight with Kaito. I was so relieved and without worry that I knew what needed to be done to get us home. I went to turn around and got prepared to leave. But just before I was about to, I felt a hand land on my shoulder. Upon opening my eyes, Todoroki greeted me with a blank look.

Todoroki: "Before we go...Can you...Can you let me see one more memory?"

(Y/n): "Um...Sure?"

Honestly, I was confused why anyone would want to see more. But, I didn't hold Todoroki back from doing so.

[3rd Person POV]

An unknown amount of time later, and Todoroki could be seen alone. He asked (Y/n) if he could witness this final memory on his own, something (Y/n) was more than willing to do. He said that when he was ready, the effect of FEAR THIRD would fade and they'd both return to the real world. A simple nod was all Todoroki gave before walking off. Now he found himself at the end of the long hallway, with only one room left to look in. As he neared it, Todoroki paused. A deep breath escaping his lips as his heart rate quickened. If he was being honest right now, he was scared. 

He knew what awaited him behind this door. So much so he wasn't sure if seeing it would be the right answer. But, in the end, he couldn't turn back. So, with another deep breath, Todoroki took his first step into entering the room. But once he did enter, he could now be seen in the body of his five-year-old self. One who had just awoken in the middle of the night. Now, he stood at the entrance of the Todoroki household's kitchen, where his Mother could be seen standing next to the stove where a kettle could be seen boiling. As she stood there, she spoke on her phone to her mother.

Rei Todoroki: "Mom, I'm going crazy... I can't take it anymore. Every day, the children seem to become more and more like him..."

The sound of Todoroki's heartrate inside his young boy quickened with each second that passed.

Rei Todoroki: "Shoto's... That child left side sometimes looks very unsightly to me..."

Tears slowly began to build in his eyes. Only because he knew what was about to happen...

Rei Todoroki: "I can't raise him anymore... I feel like I shouldn't."

The bond between Mother and Son was a sacred sense. Just as it was between Father and Son. But Todoroki was betrayed by his Father, so surely his Mother would always be there for him...

Todoroki: "M-Mom...?"

The final word Todoroki said before he witnessed as his Mom's body froze, her hand pulling the phone away from her ear, before her head slowly turned towards him. But when her eyes, were stained with blank whiteness. It wasn't love that filled her eyes. It was horror. A brokenness deep inside that no son would ever want to see. Yet, that was all he saw. The sound of the kettle boiling over with steaming hot water flooded the air as Todoroki's tears became so unbearable that they overflow from his eyes. All the while his Mother looked at him with a face of complete, utter, nothingness. The final thing Todoroki heard...was the kettle being removed from the stove.

But this wasn't the last memory the young boy saw. The final thing he saw, was on a brighter note. Before he was delivered the burn mark on his face by his Mother. It was of the two of them, sitting on the couch, watching TV as it showcased familiar footage of All Might saving the day. It was footage that even Izuku watched as a kid. Both boys inspired what they saw. Because, despite what anyone knew. Despite everything that happened with his Father, Todoroki still wanted to be a hero. A hero like All Might. A hero who brought smiles to all. And despite what his Mother would do to him one day, she still encouraged him to chase his dream.

Rei Todoroki: "You want to be a hero, right, Shoto? It's okay for you to be one. Because you're not your Father..."

"...You're you."

--Back in Reality--

It was as those words played through Todoroki's mind, his eyes opened, as they did, he found himself back in the middle of the arena. But now he wasn't held back by fear, or the memory of his Father. He wanted to be a hero...and that was okay. Because he wasn't his Father. He wasn't a monster. He was Shoto Todoroki. And he...was a hero.

Todoroki: "AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!"

It was with that realization that Todoroki was finally able to let go of his own problems and fears, just as (Y/n) had did. And he did so with a powerful scream, one that came along with a massive explosion of red fire that exploded from his left side. The blazes only grew brighter and brighter. Larger and larger. Causing a wave of shock to spread through the crowd. From the commentary box...

Present Mic: "What's this?! Something we weren't expecting from Shoto! But here it is...His left side...THE FIRE HE'S BEEN HOLDING IN!!!"

Present Mic's glasses were lit with the reflection of the flaming waves that erupted in the centre of the arena. Even the crowd were unable to hold back their cheers from such a sight.

"This is incredible!"

"I've seen nothing like this before!"

"Who knew he had so much power still left to give!"

"I can't believe this is happening!"

And then, the people who knew Todoroki best, the members of Class 1-A were left to register what was happening.

Ashido: "Here it comes...The fires here!"

Bakugo: "Ha! This is nothing! That's barely enough to light some smores." [Yells out] "YOUR FLAMES ARE LAME, TWIN PUBES!"

Tokoyami: "Something so bright...Almost enough to break free of the darkness."

Kirishima: "Dude. You really are dark."

Kaminari: "I DON'T WANNA GET BURNT!"

Mineta: "ME NEITHER!"

The pair hugged themselves tightly. One by one everyone gave their reaction. But the person shocked the most was Iida.

"...I'll never use my left."

The words Todoroki said on the field during the Cavalry game played before his mind. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Iida: "...He's really using it."

Iida gasped with awe as he witnessed the scene. However, his focus was directed elsewhere not long after when a vibration came from his pocket. Pulling it out, his phone could be seen as the cause. On the front screen, the name 'Mom' could be seen. Despite not wanting to leave, Iida got up from his seat and left to answer the call. Even so, there was not a lack of cheers. Even people in the teacher's box were confused. Most of all, All Might.

All Might: "...So you made him use his left side. What are you planning to do Young Midoriya? Don't...Don't tell me you're...Trying to save him?"

Not far away. Endeavor could be seen grinning from ear to ear as he witnessed his Son finally use his left side. However, out of all of this, there was still one question left to be asked...

[Your POV]

When I was young...I was held back by my fears. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw that night my brother died. And every time I saw it, I was held back from moving on in life. Stopping me from making friends. From having fun. From getting a girlfriend. When I was young...I thought of those things as something I didn't need. Something that'd only be a waste. But I was wrong. Things like happiness, friendship...love...It's not a waste. It's a joy in life. And I can have those things and still keep my promise to Izuku. 

Because after witnessing what Todoroki went through. I realize how much of a hypocrite my earlier words were. And upon realizing that, I also realized that just like he wanted to be a hero, so did Izuku. And Izuku wanted nothing more than to be a hero with a smile. And if I truly want to free this world from darkness. How can I bring hope to the kids who dream about being a hero...When I can't smile myself. But just because I'm willing to move on, doesn't mean I'll forget about the pain people brought to me...

Present Mic: "Wait a minute! As much as this spectacle is amazing. We all must ask the question we're all thinking...Where is (Y/n)?"

On a train in the city, Akiko could be seen watching the fight on her phone. After having left early due to all the emotions she felt. She couldn't bear to watch anymore. Yet the scenes she was seeing from her screen, along with everyone else on the train, they all wished they were there to witness it.

Because I'll fight for myself, and for them. I'm done running from my fears. I'm done keeping this cold attitude towards those I care about. Because in the end, yeah...I've had a fucked up life. But who hasn't had moments like that before?

In a limo, silence filled the air. Kaito sat in the back with his father, who hadn't even spoken to his son after waking up from everything that went on in the fight with (Y/n). All Kaito did was lean his head against the window and look outside. But he was soon brought to life when he saw on the big screen placed in the centre of the city, the overview shot of the fight between (Y/n) Todoroki.

Because when I was young, I was a kid. I couldn't know any better. Do I regret not stepping in instead of my brother? Yeah. But can I do anything to change that? No. But what I can do is be the hero that I needed when I was young. I'll be the hero to all the people who went through pain and suffering as a kid. And I'll do it my way. Some may call me a hero. Some may call me a vigilante. But to me, I'll tell them straight. 

I'm not a hero. I'm just a guy...who was given a bad hand in life. Yeah, it fucked me up. But I'm not going to let it hold me back. Because when people call for a hero, I'll be there. When villains think they've won, I'll be there. When monsters think the shadows can protect them, I'll be there. I'll be there to prove them all wrong. But the one thing I want to do right now, more than anything... Is wipe that damn smirk off Endeavor's face.

Present Mic: "Where is he?! Is he alright?! If we don't see him soon then we'll have no choice but to--"

Aizawa: "Wait! There! In the fire! It's..."

"(Y/N)!"

The word that sang from the mouths of Class 1-A was the only warning given to the people watching as from the highest point of the flames, my body burst through without a scar. My arms used to block my face as I went high into the air, cutting through the wall of fire to be free. However, upon removing my arms away from my face, everyone was then able to see the rage-filled look I carried. But what surprised everyone wasn't the fact that I was alright...But the fact I was flying higher and higher. Further away from Todoroki. I was going off the field even. If I wasn't careful, I'd be heading straight for--

Thirteen: "Endeavor! (Y/n) is going to hit Endeavor!"

Present Mic: [Voice Only] "Oh no! It seems (Y/n) calculated his attack wrong! He's heading straight for Endeavor whose at the very top row of the arena. Nowhere near Todoroki! If (Y/n)'s feet touch the ground he'll--"

--Lose. That's what Present Mic was going to say. But the thing is, right now, I didn't care about winning this Sports Festival. Sure, at the start I was going to win it so I'd get a better chance of getting out of this school early to become a full-time hero so I could properly keep my promise to Izuku. But I realized, after everything I have witnessed, that Izuku wouldn't want me to be selfish in this moment. He'd want me to keep my promise. And my promise was to make sure no one who commits evil would get away with it, and right now, I was heading for the worst of the worst. I held back not a single emotion from forming on my face as I looked at Endeavor dead in the air. His smirk quickly falling to replace with shock as I grew closer. But I didn't falter. 

I didn't stop. I just simply pulled back my right arm, clenching my fist as tight as possible. As it did, my end filled with a bright green aura. I was ready to deliver him a world of nightmares. Just like he had done to Todoroki. However, before I did...I stopped. If Endeavor was going to remember this moment for the rest of his life. I didn't want it to just be from nightmares. I wanted to leave a scar on his face, so every time he looked in the memory, he'd remember this moment. The moment someone stood up to him without a fault. I didn't care he was a hero. I didn't care he was praised. Because to me. 

He wasn't a hero. He didn't deserve praise. He was a monster...Just like the one I dealt with as a kid. But whereas I killed that one, I wouldn't kill Endeavor. Killing him would bring him peace. I want him to taste defeat. To taste pain. To know what it's like to lose, and feel broken inside. I want him to understand...What it's like to be afraid. So, with that thought, I clenched my fist once more. Tightening my stances as I glew through the air toward Endeavor. As I did, I charged up my right hand once more. But not with Nightmares, but with a taste of the very thing he feared the most...All Might. The electric current of One For All running up my arm brought me all the energy I needed as I stared deep into Endeavor's eyes...and screamed.

"AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

That was the last thing anyone heard before my body collided into Endeavor. My fist smashing into the side of his face as he, and I, crashed through the wall behind him. Covering by smoke and rubble as a source of power unlike any other was released onto this world. The collision was so loud even Todoroki ended his quirk to turn around. At first, he couldn't see it. But when he saw on the big screen, the sight of Endeavor's body lying on the ground, covered in rubble, he was speechless. He didn't know what to say or do. But he didn't need to. And right now...Neither did I. 

Because the time for words wasn't now, but later that very day. When all was said and done, and the Sports Festival came to an end, I finally left the infirmary after being seen by Recovery Girl. Now, I found myself walking through the silent halls of the arena. I had to return to the Gathering Room to pick up my suit. As I walked there, I was preoccupied with a video on my phone. Apparently, after all was said and done, Bakugo won the Sports Festival, eventually beating Todoroki in the final. 

By the sounds of it he went on screaming saying that this should be my moment and that it was all Todoroki's fault that I wouldn't get a group of girls asking to get my number. Another thing is, apparently he has a personal vendetta against Todoroki after all this. Of course, I just wish he'd be happy that he won. This was his moment, not mine. Though, I had to admit, the video of him being chained to first place on the podium after all was finished was quite funny.

Bakugo: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! NO! DON'T PUT ME ON FIRST! THAT'S MY BOYS SPOT! (Y/N)! WAKE UP FROM YOUR DAMN COMA AND GET OUT HERE AND SHOW ALL THE GIRLS HOW AWESOME YOU ARE! I SWEAR! IF YOU DON'T WAKE UP FROM YOUR COMA, I'LL PUT YOU IN A COMA MYSELF!"

In the corner of the video, All Might could be seen smiling as he went to offer Bakugo the first place medal.

Bakugo: "NO! NO! GET THAT MEDAL AWAY FROM ME! GIVE IT TO (Y/N)! HE WAS SUPPOSED TO WIN THIS! NOW I'M GOING TO GET GIRLS ASKING FOR MY NUM--Hey, wait! Is that a camera recording this? HEY! CAMERA! YOU PEOPLE WATCHING! I DON'T WANT YOUR NUMBERS! BUT (Y/N) DOES! MY BOY DESERVES THIS MEDAL! NOT! ME! ARGH! ALL MIGHT YOU SMILING BASARD! GET THIS MEDAL OFF ME! I'LL KI--"

The video was, thankfully, cut off there. Even so, it was still funny to see Bakugo act in such a way. Even after turning my phone off and putting it back into my pocket, I couldn't help but chuckle. But my smile would soon drop a few minutes later when I finally reached the Gathering Room, and opened the door. But instead of being greeted by silence, I was instead brought to a sudden stop when I saw that standing before me...Was Uraraka.

Uraraka: "Oh, (Y/n)! You're here! B-Bakugo said you were coming here, um...I-I didn't know it'd be this soon..."

(Y/n): "Ur-Uraraka...What, um...W-What are you doing here?"

Honestly, I didn't know how to think. After everything that happened, this is my first time actually seeing Uraraka after it all. Though, I couldn't help but go blank in the head when I saw her nervously begin pressing her fingers together.

Uraraka: "I, um...I-I was actually waiting here to see you because...B-Because, well..."

Seeing her so nervous made me smile. It was adorable. Though, when I realized what I thought. I was quick to drop the smile and go to ignore everything in my mind. But just when I realized that...I stopped myself. I wasn't going to hold myself back. I wasn't going to let fear keep me back. Yeah, I overheard those things Uraraka said on her phone. So what? If being with her would hold her back, I'll just do the best I can to push her forward. And...I wanted that. I wanted...her to be mine. So, I decided to do the only thing I could in the moment. As Uraraka kept mumbling with a nervous blush...

Uraraka: "You see, w-we've known each other for awhile now...a-and I thought that when people get to know each other--No. That's not it, I mean..."

And looked as cute and adorable as the first day I met her. I began walking towards her.

Uraraka: "And you're really nice, I mean. Like, really nice. You're nice to me so of course I think you're nice!"

With each step I made. Thoughts of doubt and fear tried to creep in. But I didn't let them stay for long. I knew what I wanted to do. I knew what I wanted to say...

Uraraka: "You're nice--Argh! Basically, what I'm trying to say is you're nice! Not nice! N-Not that I don't think you're nice...You are nice! Really nice even!"

...Expect, I didn't want to say anything with words. Instead, I wanted to use actions. And the only action I had on my mind...was to kiss Uraraka.

Uraraka: "So..." [Sighs] "What I'm trying to say is, I know you were going to--MMPH!"

In the end...It happened so quick. By the time I reached Uraraka, she was still mumbling. As much as I loved it, I wanted her to shut up so I could kiss her. And that seemed to be the best way to keep her quiet. Without a moment of hesitation, I pressed my hands against her hips and pulled her close, all before smashing my lips against her. The suddenness of it all caused a squeak to escape her lips. One filled with shock and wonder. I could tell her eyes had opened wider than ever before. But I kept mine shut as I held her close.

 Eventually, she did the same. She moved into the kiss. Her shocked arms slowing down until they landed behind my neck. Together we stayed like this for what felt like an eternity. My heart pressed against her own. At this moment, I didn't think of fears, or doubts, friends, or family. I most especially wasn't thinking about what Bakugo would think after finding out about this. Because that'd be weird. All I could think about how nice it was to kiss Uraraka...and how I wanted to do it over and over again.

[20k words! How was the chapter?!]

[SO MUCH DONE! 20K WORDS ALL FOR YOU PEOPLE! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!! 

But for realsies. A LOT...went down in this chapter. So many badass moments. So much action and backstory! Development for later on! And so many questions left asking! Such as, what will Bakugo do when he finds out about the kiss?! Will the other girls appreciate it?! Did Midnight sneak into the infirmary when the reader was injured? Was she wearing that Cheerleader outfit we all know she has! But, the question we're all wondering, perhaps the greatest question of all time even...Did Kaito die in a car crash due to witnessing the AWESOMENESS that is the reader? Only one way to find out. So, if you enjoyed today's chapter. Be sure to leave a VOTE and COMMENT your thoughts! Because with the end of the Sports Festival comes a new arc! New love interests! And a certain rabbit hero to have mentor~~~]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 809 12
"Do you think.... That I could be a hero too? Even... without a quirk?" "Without a quirk? Not happening, kid." All his life Izuku Midoriya...
96.1K 3.4K 33
Izuku Midoriya was bullied and looked upon as a waste of space for the majority of his life. It only got worse when everyone found out that he was qu...
3.6K 102 25
A young quirkless boy bullied his whole life finally gives in to the evils of the world. But to do so, he disappears from every single person in his...
80.2K 1.7K 17
Y/n wasn't an average person, well average to this age. He was quirkless, he didn't have high hopes, because he lost them the day he was told he was...