Their Reserve

By Islahugo

It didn't take long for Jess to destroy Sang's world. To knock the very foundations out of her world. Every t... More

Authors note
Dark
BB vs Anyone = BB (well known fact)
Sometimes books give the best names!
A promise to listen?
Oh wise wise wise one tell me...
Magic words.
Team time!!
Who am I actually jealous of?

I don't right?

202 17 8
By Islahugo

Hi guys! I'm so so sorry, I had writer's block for a but then started my university placement and oh my god that's hard work. Also a little unsure on the ending but let me know please! 

Comment- ohh I was also diagnosed with dyslexia (why the hell is that word so hard to spell??)  so apologises on the spelling but at least I have a reason now. 

Victor's POV:

She said yes.

Princess said yes!

I think I'm living on cloud nine right now.

Obviously, I'm not properly marrying her, though I would if I could, but I think Luke and North would kill me. Along with Gabe, Marc and Raven, plus Corey is going all big brother protection mode by the looks of it. Not to mention Erica, Ben and Phil, from what I can work out, are just as protective as Corey; they have become her family, all of them! Jess, I'm super on the fence about it, it's really strange there relationship is sisters but not. Somehow more?

So, while I am not properly marrying her, I am using her, sort of, with her full permission of course, hence why I needed to talk to her. Which was more to arrange a date to have a proper talk, though this may have been alluded to several times during the conversation. Princess, I think got what I was on about so... I hope this can work, maybe? So I guess she hasn't actually said yes fully yet... but it's Sang; what else will she say? I realise how that sounds the second I think it.

But it is the best way for me to get out of my parents once and for all. Yes, I'm 'free of them' as it were, thanks to Mr. B having a 'chat' with my dad, that and the fact that I am kind of too old for them to have any say any more. But they still have this over me, to claim my inheritance I have marry. With some very specific requirements. Plus, my parents have to approve her. Oh yes it has to be a lady as well. It's one of the many stipulations. This is why Sang is perfect, she can make everything look perfect, I've seen her hacking skills.

The only issue is that she might panic.

But I down know who else to ask. I need this. I need to be fully away from them. I don't even care that much about the inheritance money, but it relates to thousands of people's jobs their livelihoods. I can't, in good conscience, just let that go. I know my father is ruining their lives already I just want to try and do the right thing and get them back on track. To stop everything from collapsing before it's all gone. The estate is so huge, the number of things it controls is scary, and I've never even seen the full lists.

Hence why I need Sang; she has the same values as I am trying to have. I say trying because I don't think I've been an epitome of good values recently, whereas Sang...

Now I just need to get away without alerting everyone else to where I'm going.

Which is easier said than done. As I'm sure, the others discovered. When they 'broke out'.

What I wasn't expecting was a raven tapping on my window at two am, where I'm sitting writing. How they knew I was still awake, I don't know. But they sent the note:

Fire prince/Victor/Vic

Feed Yoda (the raven)! Most things will do. Any grain, bugs, berries.

I find the box of cereal that I keep in my room for emergencies, basically when Sean cooks, not that he has for ages. 'Yoda' eyes me critically, then pecks away at the flacks, not seeming too bothered.

Do you want to come to us? Permanently?

Just send an answer on the back of this note and Yoda will be back with instructions.

Love

Princess, L, N, J, C, R, M, G and all.

I start writing yes, stop, cross it out. Write No. Then I actually think. What do I have here? What do I have that I want to stay for? Apart from a strange sense of duty? And something else, family? Are these people even my family anymore? Is that worth fighting for? Is it worth staying for? Do I dare try something new?

I cross the No out. They are worth it, even from the tiny interactions I've had with them; they are so totally worth it. Half my old family is there anyway. And I can think so much better when I'm with them. My thoughts are clearer just thinking of them.

Is there something holding me back? For some reason, there's something; it feels like I'm at a crossroads. A choice that will define everything. Define me as a person who I want to be.

My scrawl is untidy, and my hand shakes with nerves as I write back a Yes.

The raven has been watching me critically for the last ten minutes, having finished decimating my cereal. He steps forward, looking at the note. I snatch it back.

Do I want this? Why am I so conflicted? If I didn't know better, I would say the raven sighs at me. To be fair, I would be sighing at me if I was the raven.

I cross the Yes out. The raven eyes stare at me out of one eye and tries to take the note. And fails when I slap my hand over it again.

The raven is asleep before I finish writing the note. Yet before I can give it to him, someone knocks on my door. Grabbing paper off my desk and shoving it at the raven I practically throw him out the window.

I really hope he's okay.

"Yes?" I drag the door open way too quickly before casually leaning against the wall. Mr. B's eyebrow raises, and Nathen looks like he's trying not to laugh, which is... new. Nathen, as he normally does, pushes his way into my room.

"Mr. Morgan, do you have the information I require on the target?" I blink, oh right, that, him. I nod because I do have the information he wants, but I don't think it's going to lead him where I think he wants to be led.

"I've printed it off for you, it's on my desk; come in." Nathen's over by my desk, and as I turn, he shoves something in his pocket. Mr. B doesn't seem to notice when the redhead looks at me funny. I shake it off in a moment, handing him a thick file that he takes without saying thank you and leaves.

Nathen doesn't. He just looks at me looking slightly confused.

"You're leaving?" his voice is accusing, sad, "You were going to leave me to them?"

"What are you talking about?" does he have some kind of strange camera that I don't know about?

"Victor!" he makes to slam the door but catches himself last minute and closes it softly. "Seriously?" I genuinely don't know what to say. Was Nathen the thing that almost held me back? He scowls then sighs, and pulls something out of his pocket.

It's the note that I thought I just sent off with the raven. My eyes go from his face to my desk to the window.

"Vic?" his voice has softened. "I'm not going to tell them," I let out a breath, "but I want to talk to her again. I want to talk to her in person!"

"Who?" I know who, but I need confirmation of this before I let him in; I can't risk them.

"The one my mum loves as a daughter, I think it's Violet... Sang, whatever it is, you call her! I want to meet her again, preferably when I'm not threatening her boyfriend." I catch the wince that flies across his face. "Also, I've seen my mum a few times, and she's so uncomfortable with me, yet when Sang is on the phone, she is fine, and I know that Kayli is someone I don't want in my life anymore." There's something we can both very easily agree on, love for using money is not love. I know that properly now.

"Well, we can agree on that!" I slip out before I think about it. But Nathen just nods in acceptance. "Also, I've got to somehow get that to the correct person, so we might need to give your mother a visit; sounds like the perfect plan?" he looks confused for a second. "Because she can call Sang? Mean I can probably just hack something strange, and she might take notice, but that's no guarantee?"

He just nods, "Come on, we're meeting in about an hour anyway, we just have to get past everybody, no one else, apart from you and that vague mention to Kota before when I sort of found her, that first time!"

It's hair-raising and honestly, the weirdest thing to be sneaking about hiding from my team, or what's left of it. But we do make it out with only a few suspicious glances when Nathen mutters something about ice cream.

"Ice cream?!" I hiss at him as we climb into my classic convertible frog-eyed sprite, the red head wincing at the fact that it's so small, his getting into such a low car is amusing to watch. She starts first try, and we're off before he answers my hissing.

"I panicked!" his cheeks dusting pink. And looking the other way

"And forgot we aren't dating... or ten anymore?" he rolls his eyes and whacks me lightly on the arm. Though interestingly, the blush stays.

"It worked, so don't be a d**k!" but he says it with a smile on his face, and I can't get mad at that, I'm talking to Nathen again, and it's so good. Joking with one of my brothers I hear him mutter something else a moment later, and it sounds like 'And who says we couldn't be dating'. Which almost makes me slam the breaks on.

The rest of the journey is spent in silence, with Nathen only answering my question if his meeting his mum at the park with a nod.

When we get there the first noise we hear is that of an ice-cream truck playing its music. His eyes meet mine and we both start grinning.

"No way!" he laughs. A full belly laugh. The car seems to get smaller.

"Come on, we aren't meeting your mum for over twenty minutes! We have to!" my face is stretching into a grin!" he holds out for a good ten seconds which is when I bring out the huge eyes, which makes him laugh more.

"Oh my god you are ten!" he half scowls and drags himself out of the car. Literally falling as he forgets him low it is. It makes it quite hard to drag myself out of the car, and I almost trip up as well. Still giggling I come round the side of the car to find him still sitting on the ground, looking put out. "Get rid of the dam car!" he mutters even as he takes my hand and I drag him up. " You owe me some b****y ice cream after this stupid car!" my lips press together to stop me from grinning again.

" Come on, I'm not sure they have a protein powder ice cream you might have to settle for some kind of sorbet if you want to be healthy... but..." I trail off and dodge his attempted thump.

"B******d! I can eat ice cream! It's not like it will hurt me, I just like to be healthy is that such a crime?!" he pouts.

"Oh no darling, I think you look simply ravishing!" a girl looking vaguely like Kayli but with dyed blonde hair grips his arm. His eyes just flash panic! And my mouth starts moving before I can't actually think of what I'm saying.

"He does, doesn't he!" I smile at her, "MY BOYFRIEND is in rather good shape, I link my arm through his other one, and she lets go of him like a hot potato. I half smile at her and tuck my head into Nathen's neck he half tenses and pulls his arm out of mine. I wait for the shove away. But his arm just comes round further and keeps my head down.

"Don't come out! Someone is filming!" he basically breaths into my ear. I go so tense that I'm surprised I don't explode. "Breathe darling, he kisses my head, everyone was just leaving." I can hear a growl in his voice. "Do you still want that ice cream?" I huff a laugh, still being held into his neck. One of his hands around my back the other still holding the back of my neck in an almost possessive grip. "Okay and gone!" want to get ice cream... Babe.." he adds with a grin as he lets me up? Both of us as laughing our heads off as we head to the ice cream. But I can't help but feel that there is something in the way that it felt so easy to fall in sync with. And when we arrive at the ice cream truck, he lets me buy him an utterly despicably unhealthy monstrosity of an ice cream. Without too much grumbling.

He eats it all. 

Let me know?? also feel so free to point out spelling issues! 

Comment like? 

Sorry it took so long 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.5K 2.9K 41
When Derrick died, someone sang loved dearly and considered as a father figure. Leaving her to her abusive family. Things begin to change as she lear...
7.8K 275 22
I smiled as I watched my closest friends be happy. That's all I've ever wanted, right? Make those around me happy, but it's hard sometimes. It's hard...
8K 722 28
In this book you'll just find cute moments of Sang and her guys from my version of the story. Read my full length story first before delving into th...
60.8K 2.7K 18
Sang was happy, smiling and laughing and loving her boys. Until one day, she received news that could rip them apart. Tears are cried, anger is shown...