What Comes With It

By whatcomeswithit

An imagining of the whirlwind romance between a certain world-famous pop star and her NFL beau, What Comes Wi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 5

411 6 0
By whatcomeswithit

Ivy looks up at me over the top of her sunglasses at I climb into the Suburban. We're heading to my jet. The sky is impossibly blue, the kind of clear that only a night of storms can bring about.

"You look like shit," she utters, giving me a full once-over before getting back to whatever important dealings she's got on her phone this early in the morning.

"I ... the storms kept me up," I manage.

She doesn't even need to look up at me. I know she knows I'm lying.

A storm did keep me up. But his name is Ben and we texted for hours. When I did finally fall asleep for an hour or two, they were frenzied, heart-racing dreams. I woke up vibrating with energy.

This is a crush. 

"All systems are a GO," my heart is screaming. 

The timing is terrible. I need to get a grip. I ... can't stop thinking about him.

Fuck.

I don't get to have normal crushes. My name is too well known, my reputation far too delicate. There is protocol for this kind of stuff. I will have to rope in my closest confidants and ugh, the legal team. If I go down over some texts, my whole empire could go down with me.

I'm not ready to burst the bubble.

As I make my way to the bedroom quarters in the back of the jet, I turn down the offer of breakfast. I just want to go to sleep for a couple hours. By which I mean, text Ben some more.

Ivy is on my heels as I go to close the door. She pushes her way in. I catch Nick's eye behind her. He looks away.

"Spill it," Ivy demands.

"Spill WHAT?" I respond, feeling the blood creep up to my cheeks. "I just didn't get a lot of sleep."

"I heard someone slipped you a bracelet with another someone's phone number."

"Oh?" I ask innocently. I am a comically terrible liar. I'm going to yell at Nick later.

"You know the drill. I need to get in touch with his people and we need to get his signature A-S-A-P. I can get it by the time we land."

FUCK. Bubble. Burst.

"Fuck. Fine. Yes, it's possible I was texting with Ben Archer last night. But it's nothing."

"Sure, American's most eligible bachelor who happens to casually look like a God is nothing," she sneers. "Show me your phone then."

"Absolutely not," I say, shoving my iPhone into the bottom of my bag.

But it's too late. Ivy has been with me for over a decade and who-knows-how-many beaus. There are signs she's grown used to.

"I'll take care of it; you may want to warn him," she starts walking out of my quarters, before popping her head back in. "Enjoy your nap."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 442 7
Behind the scenes of the romance of Taylor swift and Travis Kelce. Some will be one shots, but may not be in chronological order!
In Between By Sav

Fanfiction

16.9K 417 7
A Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Oneshot book. Requests accepted
17.8K 399 17
What if the only thing you want is the one thing you cannot have? In this story Taylor is a year younger than Travis and Austin, who are best friend...
33.3K 797 12
just writing to pass the time but thought why not publish? people might enjoy :)