Heaven's Unholy āœ§ Heaven Offi...

By Hazelnutsu

š‘¬š’—š’†š’ š’ˆš’š’…š’” š’‰š’‚š’—š’† š’‚š’ š’–š’š’‰š’š’š’š š’‘š’‚š’”š’• There is one rule in this world, a human rises as a god... More

Prologue: Heavenly Princess, dead or alive?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
(Arc 2) Chapter 7
(Arc 2) Chapter 8
Extra 1: OC Images #1
Extra 2: Locations #1
(Arc 2) Chapter 9
Info about the Author!!
(Arc 2) Chapter 10
(Arc 2) Chapter 11
(Arc 2) Chapter 12
(Arc 2) Chapter 13
(Arc 2) Chapter 14
(Arc 2) Chapter 15
Incorrect Quotes #1
(Arc 2) Chapter 16
(Arc 2) Chapter 17
(Arc 2) Chapter 18
(Arc 2) Chapter 19
(Arc 2) Chapter 21
(Arc 2) Chapter 22
(Finale for Arc 2) Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chinese New Year Special #1
Valentine's Day Special (SMUT) #1
Valentines Day Special (SMUT) #2
Chapter ???: The "Feminine" Talks
Chapter 32
The Archaic Gods (Teaser for Arc 3)
Chapter 33 (Arc 3)
Chapter 34 (Arc 3)

(Arc 2) Chapter 20

374 19 8
By Hazelnutsu

Note: Past Reader wasn't a virgin she/he only slept with many women. Present or current reader is a virgin, after being reincarnated she has a new body and all those years she/he waited for Xie Lian and never slept with anyone even if it's a woman.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Chapter 20: Lanterns in the Mid Autumn Festival Part 2

How's Yingyue? So far so good

Xie Lian was glad to take the risk and go with you. Because for the first time in his life, he experienced being treated as a regular person rather than the same title he held for years as the crown prince and strongest cultivator born since a thousand years ago.

By timeline, this takes place in the past. So Woyoung kingdom didn't reach 2,000 years old and only a thousand. The previous strongest cultivator was the Woyoung crown prince, and to people who knew the whole lore, you know who this is

(Author thinks that Xie Lian is the equivalent of Gojo Satoru, not by power cause bro is a literal god so lemme explain. Gojo was the strongest sorcerer to be born with limitless since 400 years ago. As a headcanon I think Xie Lian is the strongest cultivator and canonically the strongest martial god to be born since a thousand years ago)

The mask perfectly fit my face I should take this home with me he thinks

The mask will be another one of his collection, second to the one he wore on the Shangyuan Heavenly Procession. Although this rabbit mask is childlike and silly, it doesn't stop him from adding it to his collection

Cowrie shells were the currency of the mortal realm and real life ancient China. And you had none of it. Xie Lian did and yes we all know he's filthy rich during his prince days.

Both of you were standing on the side of the streets, the road was filled with many dancers.

Yingyue had its own unique parade, many men wearing white rabbit masks carried a big puppet of a white rabbit. Another row of men carried a humanoid statue of the Moon Goddess.

The Moon Goddess was widely celebrated in Yingyue. Her name was Yue Yun. Her last name obviously means moon and her first name means cloud.

Yue Yun didn't use a new name when she ascended, her birth and human name is still her God name in the heavens. Although she's rarely seen attending any meetings on the upper court, her status remains the same after a millennia. However like the rest of the gods she also has a heavenly title.

The heavens were busy on preparing the banquet, but as for your concubines...

"Hah i can't believe it, Shuai Chen gets to taste freedom once in a while" The first concubine sighed, there were 20 concubines inside the common lounge of the palace of divine might.

The palace has a different lounge to where concubines can relax and chat with the fellow concubines.

Compared to the mortal harem system, these concubines didn't have any maids or eunuchs guarding them. Instead it was their deputy official they brought with them to the heavens as they ascended. These deputy officials acted as their messenger and wingman.

"I know, it's somehow unfair..." The second concubine sat on the chair with a hand propping his chin "But do you know what's unfair...?"

A third concubine stood up and said "A new face will be joining the harem. And it's a crown prince."

The rest of the concubines in the room gasped upon hearing his words "Fuck...a new rival..." a fourth concubine had his eyebrows knitted in worry and fear

"What's worse is that i heard the princess is currently with him in the mortal realm..." A fifth concubine spoke out, adding more salt to the wound that was placed upon hearing the sentence "A new face will join the harem"

The remaining concubines gossiped amongst themselves, whispering and saying possible theories on who this "new face" is

"Heh, all of you just knew this already?" A sixth concubine smirked "No, we already have. Rumors of a crown prince not ascending didn't bother us one bit, but it's been 2 years now..." The fifth concubine replied, his voice becoming low in every word he spoke

"Then just accept it. The crown princess will never look at our way." The sixth concubine sat next to the second one, his legs crossed as he sighed out loud "I only joined the harem because i won't have to worry about collecting worshippers to remain in power. Being a concubine has its benefits"

"Ah well it's indeed true but i..." The third concubine looked down on the floor his expression was solemn "I was pestered by my parents to join if i want to ascend. I wasn't a cultivator, i was physically weak and get sick easily. So my mom and dad said if i want to ascend while being weak, i have to join and please the princess"

The other concubines looked at him with pity while the other half tsked at his words "Gentlemen, we all have our reasons why we are here. The selection of being the princesses concubine is far difficult compared to the mortal realm concubines. Which is why we should be-"

"Cut the crap" The fourth concubine interrupted the first concubine "Be grateful? Yeah, we know. But not all of us got here because someone forced us to. Some of us are here to gain the princesses favor, to make our rank higher. Do you get what i mean?"

The other concubines looked at each other vice versa, not knowing what to reply "Idiots..." He groaned "This crown prince has only been in contact with the princess for almost 3 years. All of us? We've been her concubines for a century."

"I get it now!" The sixth concubine "You're saying that we must prevent this prince from becoming the emperor!" The fifth one scoffed "Heh, you're telling us to be homewreckers?"

"Let me tell you one thing" The fourth one had a smug face "Female concubines in the imperial harem poison and fight each other to gain the emperor's favor and even succeeding the empresses position. It's the same for us"

All of the concubines proceeds to look at each other, their faces stern, while some had a worried look. They all reached the same conclusion.

"Ah so you're selling cosmetics?"

You looked at the freshly laid out foundation and lip paper infront of you, their containers and packaging had different unique designs.

You weren't too fond of lip papers you preferred lipsticks, liptint or lip stain from the west. The stain that lip papers left didn't last long and you were too busy to retouch your makeup in the middle of your hectic schedule.

As stated in the previous chapters, you disliked the foundation. But now, you immediately recognized these makeup products.

This is what Shuai Chen uses daily. Except the lip paper, he only uses it on specific occasions like a special dinner party, festivities and when he performs on stage.

The special moon embossed on the foundation and the packaging is what makes it "Made in Yingyue" aside from being known for its moon symbolism, it's the biggest makeup producer and supplier throughout all kingdoms

Eyebrow powder were also for sale. All of them had the moon emblem on every packaging in different colors and styles.

"Yes gongzi, do you fancy anything? I can recommend you which one is best to gift to a wife at home, perhaps your wife or fiancee needs new cosmetics my lord?"

That statement made you smirk and sideyed Xie Lian, who immediately sweat dropped "Now what is she thinking- i mean, he...."  Xie Lian remembered that he still has to call you he

The seller was female in her 30s, just from the ring on her left hand and fourth finger, she was married and of course, she wore makeup that suit her features. Her lips weren't too red and her eyeshadow was nicely done.

"Hmmm, what makeup would you recommend for men?" The lady coughed "Gongzi, try the foundation. It's made from the best rice and grinded till fully pigmented"

"Grinded rice? Good" You sighed in relief, you see, another thing you avoided foundation for is that some of the foundation were made from lead (In real life ancient china)

Despite its toxicity many women and men still used it and not bothering to do research, the people who created and produced these toxic foundation were unaware.

Although you knew the truth, you simply thought that it would be useless to warn the mortals. Because the lead foundation was favored for its skin whitening properties.

You could say toxic foundation led many women to their death and your reapers would give a big sigh writing on their report of the cause of death: Lead Foundation

"I'll take the entire collection please" Xie Lian spoke out of nowhere, snapping you out of your trance "Oh this young masked lord will buy our gift set?"

"What does your gift set include?" He asked with a serious tone "Foundation and lip paper. Eyebrow powder isn't included and will have to be purchased differently because the prices are...well let's say it's pricey."

"I'll be buying it"

That sentence caused every nearby women and men to look at him with awe. Everyone knows just how expensive Yingyue makeup is, only the nobles could afford a whole collection. Regular citizens can only buy one item at a time since it costs so much.

Its expensive but also good quality, which is why royalty and nobles always prefer Yingyue makeup.

"Do you have rouge as well? He's looking for the perfect red powder for the eyes and cheeks" Xie Lian spoke without facing you, you stared at him with wide eyes What's gotten into him?

The lady packed the lip paper, foundation, eyebrow powder and rouge. The entire set costed 300,000 cowries. And Xie Lian was able to pay for it. How you ask?

Carrying many cowries is heavy, so Xianle created its own cowrie called Tong Bei or Bronze Cowry. 1 shell was equivalent to 100 original cowry money. Only Xianle nobles and royalty have many in their hands.

Once the payment was done many civillians started gossiping amongst themselves, all concluding that the mysterious rabbit masked lord was of noble blood. He's royalty but they almost got it right.

Xie Lian's strength was immense, his leff hand carried the heavy set like it was paper while his other hand held yours in a tight grip, walking out of the crowd and to another busy street

"A-Lian? Thank you for this...I was only planning to get one since i know you couldn't spend that much money on me" You stared at the gift set that was now in his hands

"Anything for you" He simply replied with a smile before turning to the opposite direction, as he continued "Just...."

"Just what?" You asked, words were stuck in his throat. He turned away in fear you could see his reddening ears.

He bought you a gift set with no discount because he was afraid you would flirt with the lady just to lessen the price.

But how should he say it? He fears you would tease him, he is indeed, jealous, that you would casually flirt with others for the sake of bargain.

He still hasn't forgotten the very first jealousy he felt when you flirted with a man in your female form just to make the apples cheaper because you didn't want him to spend so much on you.

It doesn't matter if it's a man or woman you flirt with, anyone that gets in the way is a rival. And he hates to experience that again just by buying makeup.

"Just don't-"

Wham!

A loud sound erupted behind you, it was a trio of men surrounding someone smaller than them. Judging by their choice of robes, they were your average men who belong in gangs and act tough.

"Hey kid, what're you scared of?"
"We just want to play~"
"Come on now, we don't bite"

There snickering were a huge pain to hear, you were about to step in when Xie Lian already did it. Approaching them, he spoke "My lords, what's the matter?"

All of them halt and turned to face Xie Lian "Hah? And who are you masked guy?" The first one made his tone threatening "Huh? You wanna join us?" The second one followed "Tsk, this kid ran over our goods, we're teaching him a lesson-" The leader spoke but stopped

When Xie Lian casually walked past by them and saw Hong'er curled in a fetus position, trembling and looked like he was ready to get hit.

Xie Lian kneeled in one knee "Hong'er, it's fine now" His stern tone turned soft and Hong'er immediately looked up to hear the familiar voice, his eyes twinkling that he was saved, and didn't hesitate to jump and hug Xie Lian.

"Heh, so you're with this kid?" The leader scoffed "Gongzis, we will be leaving" Xie Lian carried Hong'er in one arm, he walked but the leader's arm blocked him

"No way, we ain't letting you leave till we beat this kid"
"How about we beat you up too?"

Xie Lian sighed, he whispered to Hong'er "I'll be quick" before putting him down on the ground. Within a minute, huge sounds erupted and all three men fell to the ground with bruises. All were limp and looked like corpses. Don't worry he didn't kill them.

The spectators were aware these men were in the wrong. Xie Lian dusted his hands and robes off, not even a scratch on him as he carried Hong'er again and walked way. He slayed.

Hong'er was in a daze, looking up at Xie Lian with rosy cheeks. "Goodness, A-Lian, what's gotten in to you?"

Your voice snapped Hong'er's daze and his rosy cheeks reddening more when seeing you. In your male form Jiejie is so handsome . He immediately recognized because of your hairstyle.

"Ah Hong'er! So you were there target, are you hurt? tsk, why can't they just leave you alone..." you approached Xie Lian and he lend him to your arms.

"A-Lian, you still have to explain..." You pat Hong'er's hair and he continued to look at you in awe

"Its nothing really...just..." He took a deep breath "Don't be too casual with people." What a great choice of words Lian, you could've just said the word flirt.

You blinked more than twice "Erm...alright i guess" you looked at Hong'er who looked like a lost puppy "Hong'er what are you doing here in Yingyue?"

"I...." Hong'er stuttered "I-i rode on a carriage...and got here..."

"I see..." Xie Lian remained silent, he desperately wanted to exclaim: Just don't flirt with people alright? We are engaged even though it's an arranged marriage, I love you! But Xie Lian was too embarrassed with the current place and situation

He just tugged at his own sleeve, looking at the side of the street while you cuddle Hong'er and pat him many times.

"Now that's settled, how about all of us 3 enjoy the Mid autumn festival in Yingyue?"

"Baobei, the rabbit lantern parade will start soon"

Yingyue had a special parade with a giant rabbit lantern being shown to everyone on land before it floats with the other lanterns at night.

With a smile you pointed at the direction of the main street with your other hand carrying Hong'er, Xie Lian placed one hand on his hip, you smiled and exclaimed "Let's go!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 9.6K 200
~ Lan Xichen of the Gusu Clan and Jiang Cheng from the Yunmeng Jiang Clan are forced to get married by their families. And as both Jiang Cheng's...
203K 7.1K 56
A COLLECTION OF WANGXIAN/XIANWANG SMUT/NONE-RATED STORIES. Part 01 - Lan WangJi Had Enough Part 02 - The Patriarch's Garden Part 03 - The Mafioso's...
20.6K 859 11
[ discontinued ] An au fanfic of Xie Lian accidentally took over 9 years old Wei Wuxian's body before Jiang Fengmian took him to Lotus Pier. He happe...
54.7K 2.8K 30
[Completed] This is a story based on the novel Tiang Guang Ci Fu also known as Heaven's officials blessings by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu. It takes place rig...