Stuck With You

By Alicia_007

"sir..." I say looking down. "yes? Any problem?" "no, i-i.. I'm quitting." He laughs before looking back at... More

Author's note !!!
Before I became the queen
The handsome devil
The interview
We meet again
Salty Coffee
Pay Back
Business Dinner
Bodyguard
She can't cook
Stalker
The flowers
The twins
His wife
His sister
Something nice
Crush me
Rock and Roll
I won't
Fired!
Do it
Please Stay
Rainy night
You're not my girlfriend
I don't like your friend
She's your sister
Been the lucky one
ICU ROOM
Scared to be lonely
It's not her
New Job
Gold Digger
You can't hide from me
I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!!
I'm sorry
Friends again
Us
Joshua's Girlfriend
The Gift
It's Over
What you wanted
Definitely Blind
The Wedding Day
Burn for you
Always
Scared to lose you part 1
Scared to lose you part 2
Like I do
Her Home part 1
Her Home part 2

Messed up

29 4 11
By Alicia_007

Lisa's POV:

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, the stunning red gown looks good on me. It shows a little of my cleavage but it's not too revealing, compared to my other dresses.

I step out of the changing area and into the room where Joshua is patiently waiting for me on the couch.

His eyes takes my appearance in surprise, "I love that dress, well I love you... and that dress." He says and I chuckle.

The way he's looking at me makes my heart beat like crazy.

"Try this one too." He hands me another dress and I smile at him.

I'm so glad that he's not tired of watching me change in different dresses. I spent my whole morning trying on one clothing after the other, and I'm still here, doing the same thing.

The thing is, I really do love shopping and it's been like weeks since I went shopping. My life was really a mess the past three months.

But now, everything is different now. Melissa and I are now in good terms and Joshua is always here, even though we're not back together yet.

And, I'm just too excited for my sister's wedding.

I walk back into the trial room. I look in the mirror and smile. The long, black, silk, spaghetti strap dress hugs all my curves. It's nice too, but I love the red dress more.

I step out again, the room is empty.

He'll come back. My subconscious remarks and I roll my eyes.

I know that he's coming back. Why would he even leave without informing me? I hear footsteps approaching me from behind and I sigh in relief.

I turn and I almost freeze when Max smiles at me. How did he even know that I was here.

"Uh.. what are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I'm here with my Mom. I saw you a few minutes ago and I thought I should say hi before I leave." He answers and I nod my head.

"You're alone?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No, Joshua is here too." I tell him.

"Oh. You guys are still together?" He asks.

"Not really." I tell him and he gives me a confused look, "it's complicated." I add and I feel someone taking my hand into his.

I don't have to look up to know who it is. Joshua is here, standing next to me, my hand in his.

"I see." Max smiles and my mouth becomes dry.

Why can't he just leave already?

Joshua doesn't utter a word as Max and I continues talking about how his Mom loves shopping. I know that he's pissed off, he's angry... but he's not saying or doing anything.

"That dress looks sexy on you." Max states with a smirk as his eyes drift to Joshua.

I feel like running away and burying myself when I feel Joshua's gaze on me.

"It was nice meeting you here, I'll just check up on my Mom. Enjoy your day." He says and departs.

Okay...

Joshua lets go of my hand and takes out his phone from his pockets. Without saying a word of course.

"I'll just change back into my clothes." I walk back into the trial room and change.

"Go and sit in the car, I'll go ahead and pay." He tells me with no emotions on his handsome face.

"No. I'll pay. Don't worry."

"I just told you that I will, didn't I?" He huffs and walks away, leaving me in shock.

Sighing, I carry the shopping bags and walk to the car. After some long minutes, he joins me and stays quiet.

"Talk to me." I tell him before he can start the engine. "Say something."

"I don't have anything to say to you." He snaps.

"I know you have something to say." I sigh as I place my hand on his.

"Can you just stop touching me?" He huffs and stares into my eyes.

I remove my hand from his and fold my arms over my chest, looking out the window.

"You have no reason to be mad." I say quietly, hoping that he didn't hear anything.

"What did you just say? You think I was happy about that Trina?"

"No. But you have no reason to angry Joshua.. We were just-"

"Flirting." He interrupts me and I turn my head to look at him, "in front of me." He adds.

"We were just talking." I defend myself and Max.

"Sure." He scoffs.

"Joshua.."

"Don't. You know what.. this is your problem, you expect me to just ignore it when you do something wrong and when I do something that you don't like, you yell at me, you slap me, you accuse me of doing useless things and you either leave me or tell me to leave you alone!" He closes his eyes and I stay quiet.

Well he's right about that. He's even more calm than I had imagined him to be.

"Tell me, if I was the one flirting with a girl or even Samona in front of you.. would you still be here with me right now?"

I would have already slapped him and removed Samantha's teeth with my nails.

"No." I simply answer.

"Then why are you saying that I have no reason to be mad at you?"

"I don't know. Look, I'm sorry and everything you just said is true, but-"

"But? Why can't you just accept that you're wrong and stop defending him?!"

"I'm not defending him!" I yell back.

"Okay fine!"

"Fine?" I question him but he doesn't answer, instead he starts the engine and pull out of the parking lot.

...

The car stops in front of my house. I turn my head to face him but he doesn't.

"Thank you for.. the ride." I thank him and grabs his hand.

"Just hear me out Joshua. Look at me." I beg and I wait until he stares into my eyes. My heart skips a beat.

"I'm sorry. I don't want us to be like this. Stop pushing me away."

"I'm not." He snaps and I place my hand on his cheek, stroking it gently.

"We shouldn't be moving backwards. Stop getting jealous at every little thing-"

"You-" he begins but I place my index finger on his mouth.

"Shh.." I whisper and move to sit on his laps.

"Get off me." He says, his voice deep and more huskier.

"I love you." My mouth is only a few inches from his mouth as I continue staring into his eyes.

"Trina..." He warns before I cover his mouth with mine.

He groans in my mouth as my tongue explores his mouth.

"This is never going to work." He says and I become confused.

I look at him in confusion and he shakes his head in disbelief, "what are you talking about?" I ask him.

"If you think I'm going to forget about everything right now then you're wrong." He states.

"Meaning?"

"You were flirting with someone I despise in front of me and here you are, trying to seduce me so that I forgive you?" He remarks.

What?

I let go of him and sit back in my seat, staring out the window. I wasn't trying to seduce him, was I? I just wanted him to know that he's the only one I want.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask him.

"Didn't I say I'm sorry? So now it's over? We're done because I was flirting with Max? You can't just forget about it and move on? What is so difficult about that?!" I almost yell.

"You think it's easy?!"

"It has to be!"

"Do you know how I felt when he was trying to piss me off and you were busy smiling and responding to his shit? You told him that our relationship is complicated, why?"

"It is complicated Joshua. We're not together anymore."

"Then why do you always call me? Why don't you go to him instead?"

"Excuse me?"

My phone rings and I take it out of my purse and swipe to answer without checking the name. "Hello?"

"Trina.." Max speaks from the other side and groans in pain.

"Max?" I look over at Joshua as he runs his fingers through his hair and licks his pink lips.

"Are you okay?" I ask Max.

"No. I'm in the hospital." He groans again.

"Hospital? What happened?"

"He broke my nose."

"What?"

"Yes, he followed me and warned me to stay away from you then he started beating me up in front of my Mom."

I sigh, "I'm sorry about-" before I can finish my sentence, Joshua grabs my phone from my hand and cuts the call.

"We're not done talking." He says.

"What's your problem? Why did you go after him and b-"

"He's lying to you. I only warned him to say away from you." He interrupts me.

"I told you to stay away from him."

"I couldn't help it. You and him started it and I had to end it for you both." He scoffs.

I sigh, "I don't want to talk about him anymore." I grab my phone from him and open the door as I step out.

"Ben, get my bags from the car." I tell my driver and head to the door of my house.

Melissa's POV:

"Melissa! Wake up!!" Stacy removes the covers from my body and begins to shake my arm.

I groan and slowly open my eyes, "what?" I sit on the bed.

"You have to see this!" She beams and I frown, I have a bad feeling about this.

She hands me a newspaper with a wicked smile. Since when did she start reading newspapers?

"What's here?" I ask, unfolding it to reveal Adrian's picture.

THE BILLIONAIRE PLAYBOY ADRIAN DAWNS IS FINALLY ENGAGED.
The headlines reads.

I look back at Stacy before I begin to read the article. It only talks about the day of our wedding and the day I got engaged. Also, not forgetting to mention that a lot of people think that I'm just a gold digger, who's only after his money and eventually, I'll leave him.

The article is accompanied by four pictures of Adrian and I.

I toss the newspaper on the other side of the bed and sigh deeply. The last thing I ever wanted is for the paparazzi to know about this before our wedding.

I grab my phone from the nightstand and dial Adrian's number. He answers on the first ring and I clear my throat.

"Melissa? Do you need something?" He questions, his tone serious.

"No. Have you read the newspaper today?" I ask him.

He sighs, "yeah. I never wanted to announce my engagement with you to the media too, they somehow found a clue." He speaks.

He knows how to deal with the media and reporters, I know he does. But I don't, and the fact that a lot of people think that I'm only after his money makes me nauseous.

"What are you thinking about?" He questions, breaking my thoughts.

"I'm worried Adrian." I admit, "not only your mother thinks that I'm a gold digger, but everyone now does."

"Don't worry, and you shouldn't be concerned about what they think."

I nod. I feel stupid because he can't see me but I honestly don't know what to say.

"Carter just informed me that they're outside your house, waiting for you to go out." He informs me and I look over at Stacy who's now sitting on her bed with me, patiently waiting for me to finish talking to my fiancée.

"What? How did they find out where I live?"

"I don't know," he exhales, "don't worry about it too much."

"Okay. What are you doing?" I ask him.

Working of course.

"I'm in a meeting."

"I'm sorry for calling you then, I'll hang up." I hang up and toss my phone on the bed.

"They're outside my house," I inform Stacy and walk to the bathroom.

I'm glad that I'm at Stacy's place right now and I think I'll be much safer here. Why can't they just mind their business?

"Did Adrian announce your engagement to the public?" Stacy asks, the moment I step out of the bathroom and I shake my head.

"No. I still don't know who informed them."

"Well.. that's weird."

"Yeah." My phone vibrates on the bed and Trina's name appears on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Melissa! So how do you feel to watch yourself on TV?" She asks and chuckles.

TV?

"TV? How? When?"

She laughs and I roll my eyes, "calm down honey, there's nothing wrong with that." She assures me.

"Everything is wrong Trina, I never wanted this."

"I know. But you're marrying thee great Adrian Dawns, and people are curious to know about the mystery girl."

"They're accusing me of being a gold digger." I sigh.

"So? Look, Adrian is one of the richest people I know and to them, any girl he falls in love with is a gold digger. But I know that's not true, so don't mind them. Just focus on your wedding for now, don't let the media waste your time.

I sigh deeply, "that sounds good. I won't think about them."

"Good. But since you hate being the center of attention, just stay home for now."

"Yeah, I'll do so."

"I've already bought my dress for your wedding!" She screams and I laugh.

"I knew you wouldn't waste any time. My dress will be delivered today and Stacy is getting hers today too."

"I'm so happy for you Melissa, I never thought this day would come so soon, and I never thought you would be the first one to get married. Actually, I never thought about us getting married either." She laughs and I join her.

"This feels like a dream Lisa. I'm so happy about everything."

I can't even explain how I'm feeling. This feeling is just so good, and I never want it to go away.

"Trust me, I'm more than happy about everything. I never thought I'd ever be happy in my life again. And when I lost my baby, everything became dark but then Joshua came back into my life, and I saw the light again.. that's why I love that guy so much but he keeps hurting me." She chuckles, "well again I thought I would die when Mom and Dad left us, then you and I worked on our differences, and here we are now." She chuckles, I wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Everything was just so messed up. I'm glad it's over now, even if Mom and Dad aren't here with us."

"We've actually being talking for two hours now!"

"Really?" I laugh and she joins me.

Hi people!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share with your friends!

I love you all so much!

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 3.6K 42
*Book 1 of CEO series* "Am I a villain?" Mr. Martinez probed, pinning me with his intense gaze. "Yes!" He chuckled and instantly he took two large s...
426K 7.7K 50
Silence. "HUH?" He laughs aiming the gun at my head. "Does this scare you, babe," he yells with anger. My heart was beating so fast it felt like I wa...
98.4K 1.8K 30
When Allison's step mother and sister betrayed her for her wealth. Along with her loving husband, her world came crashing down. They throw her on st...
71.6K 3.3K 102
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED] What happens when you fall in love with your enemy? Well you do know what happens, your family abandons you and all...