Secrets Of The Deep

By Richiebanks446

Disoriented and heartbroken, Doris sought refuge in a bar to drown her sorrows. She struggled to comprehend w... More

A night of destruction
Lemuria, an underwater kingdom
The shadow chamber
Broken into a thousand piece
A beautiful blonde damsel
Please, fulfill that wish for me
The dead can't be brought back to life
You are my next target
A jaw-dropping secret
A human is in love with you?
A shaky grand welcome
Death is the only option for you
The devotion of Kanaloa
The rules of love
A special drink for a special night
The intense search for Bobby
To keep our secret...
The key to unlock mysteries
You are my wife, not someone else's
Chosen among thousands
The height of jealousy
An inescapable death
My missing husband
Love comes with an affection
A fatal counter attack
An unexpected individual
The real mastermind
Confessing the yearned truth
The Abyss
An unraveled secret
A traitor in disguise
Mandy!!!
Entering the realm of death
My heart belongs to Dylan, not you, Thomas.

The heart-shattering past

32 2 3
By Richiebanks446

WRITER'S POV

Marvin walked downstairs to the living room with a zip in his hand, he had picked up the zip earlier where Dylan told him he saw the girl's body and her family were wailing on her dead body. He was so lost in his thought of who the murderer could be that he hit the Bobs then the zip fell to the floor. Before Marvin could pick the zip up Bobs already picked it up.

"This zip!" Bobs said. "The zip, what happens to zip do you by chance buy it for someone or yourself?" Marvin asked him. "No, I bought it for someone" he replied. "Can you tell me who you bought it for?" Marvin asked. "No, I will not until you promise to go on a date with me," Bobs said while Marvin opened his mouth surprised. "Oh you are man so let's cancel it then. I indeed bought it but I cannot remember who I bought it for. Don't worry once I remember I will tell you" Bobs said as he laughed like a kid and walked away dancing.

Marvin shook his head irritated by Bob's behavior, "Is it because of his sickness that he is saying rubbish or what, I can't even imagine doing that with him. So I have to find out who he gave this to?" Marvin said as he looked at the zip carefully.

Marvin heard noises coming from the rooftop as soon as he mounted the stairs "That sounds like Dylan and Dipsi, what's happening over there". He hurried over there and saw them both arguing. "And will you just continue to punish yourself over what happened that night, tell me what is it?" Dipsi shouted at Dylan. "I will tell you" Marvin answered as he walked closer. "That night was just like this night, a full moon night which is more important than anything else for the merfolk. But that night a dark story had unfolded instead. I, Dylan, our younger sister, two of our aunts, our paternal uncle, our friend, father, and mother had gone to the Merfolk palace right here on land to crown me as the Isnamerman. Father's time was closing in on him so it was time for him to rest and I took over, Dylan always wanted to live an ordinary life far from all this. Father had always promised and also promised on that night that he would fulfill Dylan's wish and get him married to a nice girl" Marvin said as he got teary-eyed, Dylan took his seat as tears prickled down his cheeks.

"So, that time we... we... we..." Marvin stammered on his words. "Yes, what happened after that?" Dipsi asked but Dylan stood up suddenly. "That's enough, what is your problem precisely, must you know about everything that you that is not meant to be shared? I am warning you both that no one should talk about this issue again" he said angrily as he left.

"I don't know why he is so hesitant about not going there but you are his brother, Marvin, will you let him lose his life?" Dipsi asked with concern written all over her face. "I will not let that happen at all cost, I have to save him and I know just the perfect way to. It wouldn't be better than this same night, the full moon" Marvin said as he and Dipsi both gazed at the moon high above.

*******
Dylan was in deep sleep after the hectic day but suddenly he stood up from the bed as he held his head. "That's Marvin's voice, why is he calling me when he is in tears," Dylan said as he looked around "But where is the sound coming from?" He said as he closed his eyes to concentrate "How come! What is he doing there and what if the same incident happens to him?" he said as he rushed out of the room.

Dylan looked at the building in front of him, his breathing could be heard from far off. He looked so scared as he took every step towards the building, he finally got to the door then he opened it and images flashed through his memory. Images that he should not try to recollect but they are right in front of him. He could still hear Marvin's faint voice from the house, he closed his eyes as he stretched his left leg in and opened his eyes before letting the other foot in.

He gasped as he entered, he walked in slowly looking around like someone who was lost. He looked up and saw Marvin coming downstairs, he looked and saw Dipsi walking closely behind with the calabash in her hand. "Dylan I am so sorry, I had to do this to make sure you come here. You also know it is forbidden to go out with this herb" Marvin as they come face-to-face with Dylan. "Brother you lied to make me enter this place when you know how I do not want to enter it. How come you forgot so soon?" he asked.

"Listen to me Marvin, I do not forget anything nor will I forget it, I remember that time we waited patiently for midnight to come and it eventually came. But immediately the ceremony started to crown me as the Isnamerman but..." Marvin couldn't continue so Dylan took over. "But we heard the sound of cars parked outside, we all were shocked as to how humans knew about this place since it is deep in the forest. Before we knew it, several men entered with guns in their hands and they were fully armed before we could do anything I heard gunshots. As a scared merman then, I ran to the back of the pillar and he there shaking non-stop" Dylan added.

"You remained hidden there while Father and the rest attacked them. But they were normal mermaids and mermen then since father had relinquished his powers and the gem so I could be crowned. I looked up and saw our younger sister got shot right in front of my eyes, I couldn't do anything since I was helpless. I was filled with rage and ran towards the altar where the sacred water was placed as time was running out, I wanted to get the Isnamerman's power to kill them all but four of the men caught me and pinned me to the floor. I looked around and saw the dead bodies of our aunts, uncles, sisters, and friends on the floor with their drops of blood flowing down to my face...." Marvin couldn't hold it more as hot tears prickled down his cheeks, he fell to his knees instantly.

Dylan opened his mouth "I saw you pinned down and the dead bodies I saw made me shiver especially my sister's own. I freaked out instead of helping out, till today I blame myself because I have always had the perception that I don't want anything to do with royalty........ Mother came running to me as she pulled me along beside her and offered me to drink the sacred water. she wanted me to drink the water before time ran out so another lineage would not take the title if the auspicious time ran out. I was scared as I pushed her away but she managed to save the water from pouring down........ She pulled me towards her and poured the water into my mouth and I was only able to take a little but Mother poured the water on me and right then the life I never wanted fell on me. I turned the Isnamerman and I transformed as well, my color my behavior everything about me changed that moment......... Then I killed them all...I" Dylan looked at Dipsi who was also crying beside him.

"You killed them all and managed to save me, father, and mother from being killed. You were so angry that you made a vow never to step into this mansion again until you are called which I did today" Marvin said. "Ah...so sorry about that. That story is so heartbreaking" Dipsi added.

"And that is not the end of the story," Dylan said. "What! how come?" Dipsi asked. "Yes, that is not the end. By the time we changed our performance and reached Lemuria, there was already bloodshed merfolk had been killed and we could see light from afar above us. We swam closer to witness the most bloodshed war I have ever witnessed myself. Sooner than later, On the cold surface of the sea, the moon itself shone red. It reflected a world below it in which a war between the merfolk and humans was raged" Marvin said.

"It took no time before Marvin and I with father and mother also joined in the fight. The sounds of killing and the flashes of blades from the humans could be heard and the only thing we were able to rely on was our power thanks to the full moon night.......... After the bloody war ended, we couldn't see Father's life since his life had been taken. I was fuming with revenge but my mother held me back so I was able to calm down after meditating for five good years in secrecy....... I later came out but I was feeling better since I moved on but couldn't forget my past but since I was not remembered by anyone........ But one day, the truth ate me up again and I wanted the revenge badly. Mother refused vehemently again and I was shocked because of that until one day she came and said I could avenge father's death and acquire the three pearls I would need to become the great ruler...... So I agreed to come since it is what I always wanted before, on getting here we suspected that some of our merfolk were working with these anonymous men. Flora finally told us that the country's traitors and my father's death are linked up so they are the ones that attacked us that night and massacred our plan" Dylan explained.

"So why is it that you refused to come here to save your very own life" Dipsi asked Dylan. "I did not refuse, I also wanted to come but I was scared and I have also made a vow so I can't break it. But I couldn't lose anyone else so I rushed over here to save Marvin when I heard his cry" Dylan answered truthfully.

"It is best that you have recalled your past now and come here, this is the best way to overcome past occurrences. As you can see now, I have committed so many sins in the past that I want repentance as well. My repentance will only end when I do something good that is why I had gone to pray for so many years. And see how I have been blessed to help many people and it is now through the Isnamerman" Dipsi said as tears prickled down her cheeks. "Anyways take this herb and drink it quickly" Dipsi offered Dylan the milk which he gulped down.

"Dipsi, I hereby free you from your many years old curse and accept you into our clan, I the Isnamerman welcome you to the Isna clan," Dylan said as soon as he finished the herb. "Ahhh!.... thank you," Dipsi said as she bowed to Dylan. "I never knew my curse would get revoked so easily but it is gone, I will take my leave now but remember that you have revenge to execute and people to save" she added with a smile, she walked towards the door and stopped "And I have seen the chemistry between you and Doris, open your heart and you will see the truth" Dipsi added as she stepped out of the building.

Marvin cleared his throat as he faced Dylan, "Hmmm...so you never told me that you are already in love but it is okay, your big brother has no problem with it" Marvin tapped Dylan slowly on his shoulder smiling. "Well then leave that for now, do you remember you told me about the girl's death?" Dylan nodded in the affirmative then Marvin explained everything to him thoroughly even his meeting with Bob "So now I will find out who it belongs to among all the men in this house" Marvin assured Dylan.

********

Dylan woke early the next morning then he stood up from the bed before he noticed Doris was not on the bed anymore. He wondered where she could have gone, he looked up and saw it had just struck six in the morning, he called out to her but there was no response. He even checked the bathroom but no reply, dressed in his sky-blue pajamas he went out of the room and walked downstairs. The aroma of puff-puff filled up his nose as he inhaled the beautiful scent coming from the kitchen, he walked as fast as his legs could carry him as he entered the kitchen where he met Doris.

"Wow! Good morning" he greeted as he crossed his arms above his head, "good morning dear" she replied positively with a smile. "So you are enjoying life now, keep it up," he said. "No, I am not going to enjoy this alone, we will" she replied. "We?" Dylan asked shocked by the response. "Yes both of us, I just thought we did not have much time to enjoy each other's company yesterday so we will be celebrating our Christmas this morning I also want to know you better but Mom always fuck up with the August visitors she brings in" Doris explained further. "Now, I understand do you need any help?" he asked as he walked towards her while she smiled.

Dylan stood behind her, he dipped his hand into the bowl of flour she was stirring and made his hand also filled with the mixed flour. "Oh boy! why do that?" Doris shouted. "so sorry, just wanted to do it" he replied smiling at her while she also beamed a smile. She splashed water on him while he rushed over to her as she tried to run away, Dylan rubbed her face with the floor in his hand. She pushed him off and tried to run but she stepped on the water that had poured on the floor earlier and tripped while Dylan grabbed her by the waist, pulled her to himself while she fell directly on his chest. They both maintained eye contact till their eyes nearly popped out.

"This is so delicious," Dylan said as he licked the tip of his tongue. "Of course, it has to be because I cooked it" Doris answered. "Wow, so why haven't you been cooking this delicious food for me?" Dylan asked as he spoilt his mouth like a baby, "It's not like that and you also know the status of our relationship before so that's the reason but do not worry as from now I will cook for you myself" she promised as she gave a wink. Dylan took the last puff-puff in the plate and was about to dip it in his mouth when Doris jumped on him and it fell back into the plate.

Doris picked it up quickly and decided to swallow it but Dylan stopped her by holding her hand. "Come on, let us share it into two equal parts," Dylan said while Doris shook her head sideways indicating no way. Dylan seemed very pissed off as he held the hand she kept the snack and pulled it closer to himself. He smartly gave her a light kiss on the lips which gave her a shock, he took the puff-puff from her before she knew what was happening. He divided it into two parts and handed one over to her, she smiled but was not happy with what he did.

"So tell me Dylan, what's your best color?" she asked him inquisitively while Dylan replied "Blue and yours?" he asked. "My favorite color is white and my favorite food is rice and beans" she answered. "What's your favorite food?" she asked. "My favorite food is jollof rice with chicken and fried plantain" He answered quickly while licking the tip of his tongue.

"You must be such a foodie" Doris smacked Dylan's head after the statement while he gave a light chuckle. "So you are calling me a foodie right?" he asked as he pointed his finger at himself. "No, you just called yourself", she said as she ran to the bathroom and locked the door while Dylan sat blushing non-stop.

MERRY CHRISTMAS🎄❤️🥰💯!!!. Don't forget to vote!!!😁🙏🤩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 221 22
Aurelia- All my life I've been in the shadows of people around me. Keep my head low, Don't make eye contact and speak when spoken to. Deep down insid...
510K 13.5K 41
Highest rankings: Frenemies: #1 (2nd May 2020) Charming: #2 (19th July 2020) Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikk...
18M 431K 65
𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐭...
34.2K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...