Partners in Crime [Bbangsaz]

Galing kay Amariaaw

Hanni, a warm-hearted sniper with deadly accurate aim. Her path crosses with Minji and soon both their lives... Higit pa

For The Reader!
Third Verse
You Stole My Kill
I'm Not Interested In Her
She's With Me
Bodyguard Marsh
We Had A Deal
It's Never Going To Work
Miss Park's Request
Change Of Plans
A Mistake
Her Name
Lies And Broken Promises
Bad Weather
Storm On The Rise
Broken Trust
The First Rays Of The Sun
Mess Of Events
Cat In Disguise

Parted Ways

664 50 19
Galing kay Amariaaw

Hanni stood in front of the mighty gates. Just a few minutes ago she had tried to drive in with Minji's car but for some reason the gates hadn't opened. She had thought that the system recognized the car and opened automatically but now, as it seems, that wasn't the case. She had parked the car a little further away and walked back here to figure a way in. 

She gazed past the gates and saw the light blue house. It looked gloomy in the dark night. No movement was detected. Hanni furrowed her brows. Sure it was late, but Minji wouldn't mind her showing up, right? They had things to discuss and it was rather risky to do it during daylight. 

Though at this rate, there was going to be no discussion. There was no passing through the gates unless she would climb over and that she was not going to do.

Frustrated, Hanni walked to the right end of the gates and leaned over to observe a small box with numbers. It looked like some kind of code system. If she guessed the code, would the gates open?

But what could possibly be the number combination? 

Suddenly, a low, metallic sound cracked the air. Startled, Hanni took a few rapid steps away from the gates that were, as if by magic, opening. She stared, frozen, as the gates slowly moved until they were fully open to the front yard. She blinked her eyes. Had someone opened them for her?

Hanni inhaled slowly. Despite the situation being a little creepy, she approached the gates and passed them. It was oddly quiet as she walked on the long sand path. Her footsteps were the only sound heard in the night. The road seemed a lot longer than the first time. 

At last, she stopped in front of the big house. She raised her gaze to look at it better. There were no lights in the building, it seemed completely abandoned.

Carefully, Hanni approached the front door. She ringed the door bell. The sound of the bell echoed loudly in the house. Then silence. She waited, but there were no sounds coming inside. No footsteps, no talking. Nothing.

Hanni looked around nervously. Wasn't Minji going to open the door? But she had to be home. Who else could have opened the gates? 

Out of an impulsive thought, Hanni pressed the door handle. To her surprise, the door opened.

Hanni didn't know whether she was more relieved or shocked. Why would anyone leave their door open like this? An ominous feeling crept on her back. Something about this situation didn't feel quite right.

Carefully, she opened the door and stepped in. It was dark. There was no source of light anywhere. She blinked her eyes, trying to get used to the darkness. It took her a while, but finally, she started to outline the room in front of her. And right then, her blood ran cold.

The whole lobby was empty. 

Hanni looked around, in confusion. All the fancy decorations and furniture that had made the house feel cozy were gone. Even the mattress on the floor had been taken away. 

What the..? Hanni started moving deeper into the house. Something in this situation made her feel uneasy, and she placed her hand on the gun that was on her belt. She approached the living room on the left and was faced with the same, odd sight. The living room was empty as well. It was as if everything had been taken away, as if the house had never had life in it. 

It was, in a word, creepy.

Suddenly, there was a sound. In a matter of seconds, Hanni turned around, pulled out the gun and pointed to the door she had just entered.

But there was no one there.

Her heart was hammering against her chest as she slowly moved towards the door, still holding the gun. 

Then it was heard again. Footsteps. Hanni froze still. The sounds were coming above her. Slowly, she raised her look to look at the ceiling. Someone was upstairs.  

As quietly as possible, she walked into another empty room and found the stairs leading upstairs. She stood in front of them, staring into the darkness that awaited her there. 

If it was Minji, why was she hiding like this? 

But at this point, Hanni was sure that something more was going on. And she didn't like it one bit. 

She started climbing the steps, one by one. She knew that her steps were loud in the empty house, so she held the gun high, aiming into the darkness.

Finally, she reached the top. She glanced around, trying to detect any kind of movement on the empty floor, but again there was just silence. She was sure, however, that the sound had come from here.

She picked the room on the left and walked towards the door that was open. Slowly, she entered the room, scanning the empty space with her eyes. 

"Well, if it isn't the sniper who's meddling in everyone's business," a bored voice came from the corner.

Hanni gasped, startled, as her heart skipped a beat. She spun around, aiming the gun to the corner of the room. She spotted a tall figure leaning against the wall. Then the person pushed herself up and walked from the shadows, her arms crossed.

"Lisa..?" Hanni's eyes widened and she lowered the gun, stunned. "You're here? But Minji? She-?"

"She's not here," Lisa interrupted coldly, glaring down at the short Vietnamese. The brunette had a white shirt and slim jeans with long, black boots that made her look even taller and more intimidating than usual. 

Hanni was confused and she could only stare at the woman. "What happened? Where is all the furniture? And Minji? I tried to call the hospital..."

Lisa narrowed her eyes, "Minji is no longer in the hospital, not that it's any of your business."

"H-how is she doing?" Hanni's heart clenched. She had been so worried. 

"Why don't we focus on something more relevant, like what the hell do you think you're doing here?"

Lisa's cold and unfriendly tone got Hanni off guard. Hanni knew Lisa had never liked her, but why was she acting this way? She was on their side.  

Hanni bit her lip nervously, "I'm just worried about Minji. She doesn't reply to my calls so I came to check up on her..." she explained with a quiet voice.

Lisa scoffed, amused. "Oh yeah? And you decided to bring your friends with you? What an excuse."

"What?" Hanni was taken aback. What was Lisa talking about? However, she noticed quickly that the tall one was looking outside the window that was behind her. She had a disgusted look on her face.

Hanni felt an odd feeling rising inside her as she slowly approached the window and looked down.

Her heart dropped the moment she saw movement down at the yard. She gasped, stepping away from the window and covered her mouth. Even in the dark, she could recognize those uniforms of the field agents of her own company... What the hell is KSA doing here?!

"It's not possible..." She mumbled to herself, shocked, "I... I was sure I wasn't followed."

Lisa next to her moved.

Hanni's eyes widened. Hurriedly, she turned to Lisa, as she began to realize how the situation had turned out. "This has nothing to do with me, I swear!" She exclaimed in panic. "I-I don't understand how they got her address!" Hanni looked at the woman, pleading in her eyes. If Lisa didn't believe her, she would be doomed. 

Lisa's eyes were full of disparage. It wasn't hard to guess what she was thinking. And then it hit Hanni. It felt like an icy spike would have pierced her chest. Lisa wouldn't have any of it. She had already made up her mind and nothing that Hanni said would change it. 

And why would it? Hanni couldn't explain why her own company was here now, intruding in Minji's house. But it all seemed somehow...

A blinking light on the other side of the room caught her attention. Slowly, Hanni moved her head to look at it better. She furrowed her brows in confusion. There was a table in the corner and on the table, a computer, its screen shining brightly. The screen had been divided into four smaller pictures that were all showing some kind of video. 

In confusion, Hanni moved her eyes back to the woman in front of her. Lisa's expression had changed.

"Ah, yes," Lisa glanced over her shoulder before turning around. "It's a shame," she headed to the computer, "When we sold the property we also lost the access to the security cameras. I had to come all the way here to record this event tonight." 

Hanni stared at Lisa's back. "You were expecting this?" 

A soft laughter could be heard. "Me? Of course not."

Such a sweet lie, but her voice was dripping venom. It was full of mockery and hatred towards the Vietnamese. It made Hanni froze in her place. What was going on?

"It's sad though. Barely a day has passed since you parted ways and your company is already breathing down her neck... What a coincidence."

"But I already told you! I'm not a part of this!" Hanni exclaimed, a little more aggressive this time.

"Hmm," Lisa hummed, as she pulled an USB stick off of the computer. She held it high as she turned around to face the Vietnamese, "Oh you aren't? But guess who else she'll see in this footage?" The woman had the most devilish smirk on her face.

Hanni gaped and her jaw dropped. Suddenly she felt sick in her stomach. It was that kind of sickness that slowly took over her whole body and made her head all foggy. She wanted to vomit. This woman in front of her... she clenched her teeth.

"You gave them the address."

Suddenly, Lisa's smirk vanished and she let out a long, frustrated sigh, "Aren't you smart?" She turned around to close the computer. "In any case, my business here is done so..."

Disbelief was written all over Hanni's face as she stared at Lisa. "Why would you do this?" Hanni's voice was shaky, and she fought back to not show her emotions, "Why?" She repeated, but Lisa didn't seem to pay any attention to her. She was heading to the door. "You're betraying Minji as if it is nothing!!" Hanni yelled. 

Lisa held her steps. "Betray?" Her eyes were full of fury as she turned to look at Hanni, "I am doing this for her! She doesn't need another disaster in her life, and she certainly doesn't need you!" She hissed the last words with disgust.

"How dare you say that?! You don't know anything about us!" Hanni snapped, feeling the anger slowly rising inside her. 

For a second, there was confusion in Lisa's eyes. Then a belittling, sarcastic expression covered her entire face, "Us?" she laughed humiliatingly, "Don't you get it? She was just using you and your body all this time! You mean shit to her, she was just toying with your pathetic feelings." 

No. 

It felt like the air had ran out. Hanni stared at Lisa, her whole body trembling in anger. She tried to keep her poker face but she could feel the cover slowly falling into tiny pieces as the thought of Minji playing with her filled her mind. Her throat felt tight, her hands were shaking and she could feel the tears in the corner of her eyes. "You're lying," Hanni's voice shuddered weakly, full of bitterness, "Where is Minji?" 

Lisa scoffed, dismissively, before turning her back to Hanni, but she froze, as she heard a gun being loaded behind her.

"Where is she?" Hanni repeated, this time louder. Her anger was taking over her as she held the gun firmly in her hands.

Slowly, Lisa turned around. She glanced at the gun with narrowed eyes, "We both know you won't do it," she said, coldly.

"Stop talking shit and answer me!" Hanni bellowed, not caring whether the agents outside would hear. 

Lisa stayed quiet for a while, observing the look on Hanni's face. Then her lips curved into poisonous smirk as she exhaled, taking a step forward. Hanni's grip on the gun tightened. Lisa took a few, slow steps until she was standing right in front of the Vietnamese. 

"Would you really do that to Minji?" Lisa's voice was honey like as she whispered the words, "Do you have it in you?"

Hanni was trembling. Every inch of her was tensed as she stared in front of her, not able to face the mocking, cold eyes of the brunette. Her finger on the trigger itched. 

Shoot. 

Do it. 

It was hard to breathe. It was hard to do anything in general. 

"Do it," Lisa stepped right in front of the gun, that was now pointing on her lower chest, "I dare you."

Hanni wrinkled her nose, her teeth clenched so hard that it was starting to hurt. All the anger inside her was driving her on the edge. Lisa... all she had done, all her lies and words that had cut right through her heart. She deserved it. Her hands were shaking, as she held the gun.

But still, she couldn't do it. She couldn't hurt Minji again.

Slowly, Lisa placed her hand on Hanni's and right then, as if watching a slow motion, the gun slipped from Hanni's weak grip. A heavy sound was heard as it hit the ground, landing next to their feet. Hanni stared at her trembling hands, dumbfounded. 

Lazily, Lisa kicked the gun further and leaned closer to the Vietnamese.

"Weak," she whispered in Hanni's ear. She then turned around and walked towards the door.

"Stay away from her," she stopped at the door, taking out the small USB stick from her pocket. "It would be a shame if this footage ended up in the wrong hands." 

And with that, she left the room. 

***

Lisa leaned on the door frame, looking at the personal nurse who was buzzing around Minji's bed. A few days ago, she had bought a new apartment for Minji. It was one of the best and most expensive ones, right in the middle of Seoul. Minji's new apartment was on the top floor, where most of the city could be seen. It wasn't as big and luxury as the blue house but it would do temporarily until they'd find a new house, somewhere safer.

She glanced at the personal nurse that she had hired to take care of Minji. The young woman was pulling the curtains in front of the window, to block the bright sunlight. It was a beautiful morning. 

Lisa sighed. She was tired from last night, but she was glad it was over. All she wanted was Minji to be safe. And now that the annoying sniper was out of the way...

Lisa knocked on the door twice to get the attention. Minji raised her head and the nurse turned towards the door, a little surprised. 

"Could I have a moment with her?" Lisa smiled, apologetically.

"Oh course, Miss," the nurse bowed before exiting the room. Lisa closed the door after her.

"You're here early," Minji smiled. 

Lisa gave Minji a careful smile. She was glad to see her friend was doing alright. Then her smile darkened. She walked closer, dropping an USB stick on the bed. 

Minji furrowed her brows. "What's this?"

"That's security camera footage from your old house. I think..." Lisa hesitated, "I think you should have a look at it," she averted her gaze, looking a little bothered. 

Minji's eyes switched between her friend and the USB stick, before she picked up the stick. "Could you give me my laptop?" She pointed at the desk next to the bed. 

Lisa walked there and handed the laptop to the Korean. Minji connected the stick and with a few clicks the footage was open on her screen. She noticed Lisa taking a few steps back, as if scared. She knew Lisa wasn't scared but something was definitely wrong.

She followed the video that was taken from her old front yard, and for a few minutes, nothing seemed to happen. 

Minji was just about the ask what was there to see when suddenly her eyes caught movement. There was someone walking on the sand road. Someone who looked very familiar. Minji's heart clenched. "Is that..?" She held her breath, Hanni? What was she doing at her old house?

There was no reason to assume anything bad, yet still, why couldn't she shake the ominous feeling on her back? Her heart was racing nervously as she kept staring at the screen, intensely. She was hoping she would see Hanni walking away and that's the end. But it was far from that.

Minji could only stare as more people appeared on the screen. People with guns. Their movements were well thought and organized. There was no doubt that-

Minji slammed the screen shut faster than ever. Her pulse was raising, and her eyes were widened as she stared into emptiness.

No.

Her mind hit blank. She didn't want to believe her eyes. After everything they had gone through... Minji clenched her jaw.

"I'm sorry," Lisa whispered. 

"No. You were right about her," Minji closed her eyes, trying hard to keep her voice from shaking, "I should have never trusted..." She tried, but her voice broke at the end.

Lisa stiffened. She had known it wouldn't be easy for Minji, but the pain in Minji's voice made her clench her hands into fists. Had she overdone it? But it was for the best. This was the only way she could protect Minji.

Hesitantly, she approached the bed. She took the laptop and placed it carefully back on the table before turning to her friend. "We will get through this, I promise. The most important thing is that you're safe now. KSA can't track you here."

Minji opened her eyes, but she didn't turn her look. "Oh we will," a burst of anger flowed through her veins as she gripped the bed sheets, "and then I'll show them all."

***

Hyein stood in front of the office door. She had arrived early, just in case, and now she was staring at the wooden doors that led to the place she had learned to fear. Her heart was pounding nervously as she finally raised her hand and knocked three times.

Without a warning, the doors opened. Hyein stiffened, trying to calm down her shaking hands. She had been preparing for this. There was no way she would screw it up.

Determined, she walked into the office. But when she walked further, her confidence scattered into pieces as she saw the disaster that was waiting inside. She almost froze still. The usually so clean and organized office was a mess: the glass table in the middle had been turned around, there were glass pieces all over the place and stains of expensive wine. Papers and documents were lying around, some were torn to pieces.

Right then, Hyein wanted to turn around and run away. Something bad had happened, and she didn't feel like she could handle any more abuse from her boss. But she had no choice.

With uncertain steps, Hyein stopped in front of the desk. Her boss was sitting on the chair, her body directed to the windows. Her eyes were fixed on a folder in her hands.

Hyein cleared her throat, "Miss Park," she bowed 90 decrees. Her boss barley moved.

"Lee," Miss Park spoke in a blank voice, "My patience is wearing thin."

Hyein stood still, barely daring to breathe. "P-pardon?" She asked, carefully. Her gaze fell on the scattered papers on the desk. There were a lot of images of a house but the underlined words caught her eyes: 'empty', 'gone', 'moved'.

"You wanted to prove yourself?"

"Yes, Miss."

Slowly, the chair turned to face the desk. Hyein almost flinched by the sight. The CEO looked drained as her cold eyes drilled in Hyein. They were filled with rage.

"Your next mission," Miss Park tossed the folder on the table. Her voice was full of anger, as she growled,

"Bring me Kim Minji."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

203K 9.4K 29
Haerin was a big nerd, but she is not a wimp. Her sharp mouth and guts always made her get into trouble with her bullies. Danielle is the President o...
6.8K 409 19
Hanni Pham was known to those around her to be an introverted, studious, and a career driven person. All her life, she knew only of studying and work...
3.6K 281 9
"All fun and games until you hurt someone you realize you deeply care about." This is mainly a Daerin short-story, with a little Bbangsaz.
65.9K 3.7K 50
Haerin and Danielle are exes with a bitter past. Their world meets again and they kept getting on each other's nerve. This is a battle between exes...