Arcade | m.b.

By amira_bloom

"You play around with feelings as if you're in a f**king arcade!" |[ Marcus Baker x fem oc ]| warnings• Menti... More

C a s t
02 | Welcome to high school
03 | Cutting class & taking names
04 | choices were made
05 | hate strawberries
06 | sleepover?
07 | picnic date twist
08 | netflix and chill...really

01 | ghost house

40 2 0
By amira_bloom

Now Playing:

    Dancing with your ghost -- Sasha Alex Sloan
0:01  ❍─────────────────────────────── 4:28
  ↻     ⊲  Ⅱ  ⊳     ↺

There were rumors going around that the house a few blocks across Marcus' house was haunted.

That a girl had died in that antique home, way back when Wellsbury was still in its younger days.

And as a kid, Marcus believed those rumors. For one, his bedroom window faced the house perfectly, giving him a clear view of the second floor window. Where he could see through the mesh curtains and catch a glimpse of the ghost of house 313.

But as he grew older, the house shifted and changed. It no longer looked haunted to the boy, in fact, in looked lonely.

Although he still believed in what he saw as a child, he wasn't as terrified as he once was.

He didn't quiver or hide under his blanket when he saw the bedroom light flicker in the house, nor did he run past the house with his eyes closed every time he was close to it.

Instead, he was drawn to go inside. His curiosity growing the more he thought about it. Wondering what secrets could it hold, what's the true story behind it.

One day, he told himself, One day, I'll find out what's inside that house.

Little did he know that the secrets of house 313 goes far more deeper than just a ghost of a girl.

...

Olive Albrecht was the offspring of a powerful heiress and a well-known headmaster of a prestigious academy.

But none of that mattered.

Not if you were their illegitimate child.

And she was constantly reminded of this. No breath from her realtives weren't spent on reminding her that she doesn't belong there. That she doesn't belong with the family that shares her blood.

There was a time where Olive despised the fact she was nothing but a mistake, an offspring of an affair.

But the longer she spent with her so-called relatives, the more she became grateful that she didn't belong.

They were conniving snakes that fear the idea of being tainted by, as they called, dirty blood. Failing to see that their own was far more tainted than they'd imagine.

Regardless, her parents wrapped their skin with shame and placed their guilt on her. In efforts to rid of it, they tried to feed her with happiness. Spoil her enough, hoping she would forget the reason of her existance.

But Olive was far too smart for that.

So, unable to face the truth, to accept the consequences of their actions, they dumped her.

In a rich, snotty, town in Massachusetts, called Wellsbury.

And for the next 6 years, Olive had to learn how to live on her own. How to survive.

She doesn't hate it, or she tries to convince herself she doesn't.

She was homeschooled by the best teacher ever, she could learn whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted to, and she didn't have to deal with awful relatives bullying her every moment they got.

This should be the life. It should be.

All she needed now was two loving parents.

But apparently that was harder than getting her every luxury she could ask for.

"Olive, hello?"

Olive blinked herself back to reality, she faced her laptop screen with wide confused eyes, "Yes?"

"I asked you to answer question 5, did you?" said her teacher from the screen, looking at the brunette intently.

Olive looked down on her book, failing to find the question, "Where is it?"

"Page 54," her teacher, Emily, answered.

As soon as she found the question, it didn't take a second before she answered.

"The mass is 12.5287 grams, or 12.53,"

Emily looked at Olive proudly before nodding, "Awesome! Alright, that's all for today, next week I was thinking your exam would be a report and history of reptiles. Does that sound good?"

Olive beamed brightly before nodding vigorously.

"Great. See you next week!"

"Okay, bye Ems," The call then ended.

Olive dragged her feet to the bookshelf in the living room, where she stored most of her science books, and grabbed every book centered around animals.

But before she could plop down the sofa and begin her research, the telephone placed in the hallway began to ring.

Olive dropped her books and groaned, only one person would call her through the old telephone rather than her phone.

Her mother.

She picked it up.

"Yes Mother?"

"Clementine, are you done with class?"

"Yeah, just now. Also it's Olive, Mum. What do you want?"

She could hear her mother sigh.

"I wanted to discuss your education, actually."

There was a pause, Olive hated it. It created tension and that was one she hated the most.

"Why?" she urged.

"You see, I have decided to enroll you to an actual school. The high school in Wellsbury, actually."

"What! why? I'm doing perfectly fine with Emily," Olive exclaimed.

More than perfectly fine actually, I get to do actual fun stuff instead of that stupid ap english reports bs. She thought to herself, referring to the amount of times she did her best friend, Aspen's, homework on why The Great Gatsby portrays rich culture perfectly.

But obviously it was all just random words on a piece of paper, and Aspen still got an A+.

"But I'm sure it isn't helping you as well as a real school would. You barely leave the house, and I'm certain you have made no friends since your arrival."

"No it won't. And I have Aspen."

"Your childhood friend from London?"

Olive sighed.

Before her mother could continue, there was a knock on Olive's door. Her back door.

And there was only one person who knew about that.

She dropped the call almost instantly, running to the kitchen and unlocking the door. Olive jumped into the arms of her one and only best friend without warning.

"Oh my days, Oli!" exclaimed Aspen, quick to catch the careless girl, "Give a warning next time, geez!"

"You didn't tell me you'd be back sooner!"

Aspen rolled his eyes before setting the brunette back down, "Well, I sorta dropped my phone while riding a boat through Venice."

Olive's eyes widened before falling to the over grown grass in a fit of laughter.

"Leave it to Aspen Harada to drop his freaking phone in Venice!" she patted her stomach in pain, "I've gotta hand to you, mate, you chose the best place to lose your phone," she remarked trying to catch her breath.

Aspen watched her, pretending to be pissed but the curled lip gave him away.

"Alright, I'm glad I amused you, you bully," he teased, welcoming himself inside, leaving Olive still sprawled on the grass.

Aspen grabbed soda from the fridge while Olive finally went inside.

"How was the trip anyway?"

Aspen flopped down the sofa dramatically, "It was an absolute nightmare!"

"Venice? Venice was a nightmare?"

"Oh Venice was amazing, my brother ruined it for me,"

Olive rolls her eyes, "What did Arthur do now."

"Do you remember when he was obsessed with that one diet last summer? Well he found another one, I couldn't even try the gelato."

"Aw, you poor baby," Olive cooed in a mocking tone handing him a bag of chips. Which seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

Aspen stuck out his tongue before taking the bag of chips from her hand.

The two continued to talk about Aspen's vacation and eventually the conversation was diverted towards school.

"I can't believe school starts in two days! It's like I didn't have a summer vacation," Aspen complained. Olive looked at him as if he was being crazy. Then again, she wasn't the one being forced to go back to a boring building like a school.

So, she laughed at her friend's demise.

"Thank the gods I don't have to worry about that stuff," she gloated, "Good luck in hell, loser."

Before Aspen could even retort back an insult, the old telephone began to ring again, surprising the two teens.

"Is that your mom?"

Olive groaned, "Who else do you think it is."

She picked up the phone and was greeted by an audibly angered Lily Albrecht.

"Don't you ever cut me off like that again Clementine Albrecht."

Olive once again winced at the mention of her name. It was tacky and felt like a pixie girl from indie movies kind of name.

"Whatever, mom, what do you want now?" She asked, trying to make her mom go straight to the point.

"I have already enrolled you in the school-"

Olive's eyes widened, "Seriously? Without my permission?"

"It is the only way for you to accumulate skills that'll help you when you're older. I will not have a daughter that can't socialize and be a normal adult."

Olive rolled her eyes, "I'm not even a normal kid, Mum, or Did you forget that."

"Clementine!" warned her mother, her voice getting louder, "You will go to that school and that is final!"

"And what will you do if I don't? Dump me into an abandoned house? Oh wait, You've already done that!"

Her mother sighed, "Olive, I have already signed the papers and paid for your tuition. Just stay for one year and I'll do whatever you want."

Olive considered the offer, then ran with it, giving her mother an answer before she could change her mind.

"Fine, I'll go but only if I no longer have to attend stupid summer seminars and those horrible family dinners."

"Deal. Thank you, Olive. Goodbye."

The call ended there.

Aspen was sitting across from Olive in clear interest on what happened in that conversation, basically at the edge of his seat. Olive frowned at his direction, her shoulders slumped as she delivered the news.

"Guess who's going to hell with you, loser."

01 | end

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.6K 1.7K 32
What if neteyam wasn't the oldest of the sully siblings? What if he had an older sister? Always there to stop her siblings from getting in trouble wh...
143K 4.7K 37
Eʟɪᴢᴀʙᴇᴛʜ Sɪɴᴄʟᴀɪʀ ᴡᴀs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛᴏʟᴅ sʜᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀɴ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, sᴏ ɪᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴇɴsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇs ʜᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ sʜᴇ ʙᴇꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴀ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ ɢʀᴏ...
19.1K 618 32
When 20-year-old Charlotte de Alexandre meets a mysterious man at a party, a whole new world that she never knew existed begins to unravel in front o...
8.1K 134 16
Her name is Angel. She's 18 years old, and she still believes in Santa Clause, the Tooth fairy, the Sandman, the Easter Bunny, and even Jack Frost. H...