The Truth | Draco Malfoy

By AlphaStilinski13

It day began as any other, everyone in the great hall when a group appeared. They were watching movies; peopl... More

Coming Soon
Prologue
Cast (Past)
Cast (Present)
Cast (Future)
The Philosopher Stone
Chapter 1: 31st October 1981
Hi
Chapter 2: Zoe's Young Life
Chapter 3: 10 Years on
Chapter 4: The Mystery Letters
Chapter 5: The Gentle Giant
Chapter 6: Diagon Alley
Chapter 7: Diagon Alley Part 2
Chapter 8: Platform 9 and 3/4
Chapter 9: Sorting Hat
Chapter 10: First Night
Chapter 11: First Classes
Author Note
Chapter 12: Halloween
Chapter 13: First Match
Chapter 14: Christmas
Chapter 16: Mirror of Erised
Chapter 17: Nicholas Flamel
Chapter 18: Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback
Chapter 19: Detention
Chapter 20: The Trapdoor
Chapter 21: The Man with Two Faces
Chapter 22: The Years' End
A/N
Chapter 23: Glimpse into the Future
The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 1: The Worst Birthday
Chapter 2: Secret Visit
Chapter 3: The Burrow
Chapter 4: Flourish and Blotts
Chapter 5: The Whomping Willow
Chapter 6: Gilderoy Lockhart
Chapter 7: The Blood Message
Chapter 8: The Legend
Chapter 9: Quidditch Match
Chapter 10: The Duelling Club
Chapter 11: Secret Diary

Chapter 15: Zoe's Christmas

1.4K 55 5
By AlphaStilinski13

The scene opens to show the Malfoy Manor. The camera slowly zooms on the manor as there is a voiceover: "It's Yule!" The voice yells. It's Zoe's. The camera zooms in on the house before the scene changes to inside the Manor showing Zoe running away. "It's Yule! It's Yule!" She yells as she runs. Footsteps come down the stairs, revealing Lucius, Narcissa, Garrick and Draco. "It's Yule!" She yells again, giggling.

"Yes we know." Narcissa smiles at the young girl's actions.

"You love Yule don't you?" Young Narcissa asked Zoe.

"I do." Zoe smiled. Her children (including Albus) smiled too, remembering the fun they had on Yule, all the traditions, the lessons, everything.

"Why aren't I there?" Young Severus asked.

"You had to stay back at Hogwarts this Yule. The old goat refused to let you join us." Zoe scoffed.

"Don't call Albus Dumbledore an old goat!" Young Molly yelled and her husband by her side, trying to keep her quiet.

"What is the actual traditional view of Yule if you don't follow Jesus?" Hermione asked Zoe in a rude manner, as if she was trying to show that her god was superior.

Zoe rolled her eyes. "Yule is a winter festival that has been recognised for thousands of years since the beginning of magic to celebrate its birth. Yule is when Lady Magic is reborn after she has died at Samhain at the end of October. The Goddess, who has been in her Crone aspect these past few months, is now once again in her Mother aspect, having just given birth to magic. She represents the Earth, remaining still and silent for awhile yet as she rests from her labour. This is a celebration of the renewal of life, but compared to other festivals it is a relatively quiet, indoor holiday, as people gather within the warm shelters of their homes to give thanks. As a Yule ritual, many of us decorate our altars with evergreen branches, such as cedar, pine, hemlock and spruce, as well as bright sprigs of holly, pinecones, and other festive winter flora. But our family, decorates our alter with our wand wood to reconnect ourselves with magic. Of course, muggles decided that this was a good time to celebrate the birth of Jesus as well, since one of their strategies for winning converts was to align their holidays with already-existing pagan festivals. Many traditions which are generally thought of as belonging to Christmas are actually came from our traditions." Zoe explained.

Hermione didn't say anything.

"Will you tell what your doing when the traditions come up?" James Sirius asked.

"Of course, I will." Zoe smiled at him.

"It's time to decorate our alter, little one." Garrick smiles.

The scene changes to show an empty table.

"This is where we decorate our alter for Yule. We draped it with you Family colours and your wand wood and light candles. It honours Lady Magic in her mother role as she essentially 'gives birth' to magic. You spend a few minutes in front of your section each day." Zoe explained.

Garrick waves his wand and the table is covered in black, silver and blue drapes and 6 red candles and a giant green candle in the center and the Malfoy Family Saying written across: Purity Will Always Conquer.

"The different colours are to represent the merging of the two lines. Since the Malfoy colours are silver, black and green and the Ollivander colours are silver, bronze and blue, the combined colours chosen were black, blue and silver. Silver for both families, Ollivander for the silver eyes and Malfoy because they are mainly affiliated with Slytherin. Blue for Ollivander because we are mainly affiliated with Ravenclaw.

"Everyone, add your wand woods." Garrick tells them. They all walk to the table and add their woods.

"Since Papa S isn't here for this, I am adding his." Zoe says.

"Thank you honey." Severus smiled at his future goddaughter.

"I knew how devastated you were by not being able to actually be there. I knew this would make you happy."

They all add their woods: Zoe adds Elder wood for herself and Ebony wood for Severus, Draco adds Hawthorn wood, Garrick adds Hornbeam, Narcissa adds Ebony Black and Lucius adds Elm.

"Then you start the chant to reconnect with your inner power."

"I ask for the wisdom and strength from this tree to be imparted onto me. Purify my aura and spirit in this hour, reconnect me with my inner power." They in unison.

The screen fades to black.

***

"Next we do the spirits of the season spell. Because the spirit realm is active at this time of year, our ancestors are eager to connect with us."

The scene shows the adults adding pine, old photos of their loved ones and items with sentimental meaning. They arrange the pine and place the photos among the branches. They all light a red candle.

"The pine represents everlasting life, and the photos and sentimental items help connect us with our ancestors." Zoe said. "Then we light the red candle to honour our ancestors."

The screen fades to black.

***

The scene transitions to the outside, showing Garrick, Lucius and Draco standing outside, facing the sunrise, without their shirts and with paint on them, each holding a staff and a drum in front of them.

"I'll explain this one." Draco said. "This is where we welcome the Gods of Winter. The elder, this case Garrick, leads a chant to welcome the gods of winter. In ancient times, the men would go house to house, wearing bull's hide, but as time went on, the tradition changed to having the men facing the sunrise and staying at their house."

They hit the ground with their staffs with one hand, with the other they bang the drums in unison and chant:

"Hey the gift, ho the gift, hey the gift on the living! I see on the hills, I see on the shore I see the host upon the land. Since the poet must not tarry, arise and open the door to me. Prosperity be upon this house and all you have heard and seen. Ho! Hail! Let there be joy!"

The screen fades to black.

***

The screen opens to the Malfoy Manor with words appearing at the bottom: Eve of Yule.

"Here you give each person a single gift but before you give it to them, you say a spell for that the recipient to be blessed." Zoe explained. "Then you surround the remaining gifts and repeat the chant so that all the gifts are blessed."

The scene changes to show everyone (including Severus) sitting in a circle with a gift in front of them.

"I'm there." Severus smiled.

"Yeah. You were able to make it for the 24th-26th but then you had to return back to Hogwarts." Draco said, smiling softly.

The camera moves to Zoe giving a gift to Draco. "Goddess, bless this gift I give. May it bring joy and love to my loved one." Draco gives on to Zoe, Narcissa to Lucius, Lucius to Narcissa, Garrick to Severus and Severus to Garrick.

The scene transitions to everyone surrounding the alter with the gifts underneath and repeats the chant: "Goddess, bless this gift I give. May it bring joy and love to my loved one."

The screen fades to black.

***

The scenes changes to show the Malfoy garden just before sunrise with words appearing at the bottom: Yule Day. The back door opens and Zoe, Draco, Narcissa, Lucius and Garrick walk out. They stand in the middle, facing east and each light a stick of incense. The sun rises, they all kneel and say, in unison:

"Happy Birthday Lady Magic! I offer you this fragrant smoke as a token of my gratitude and a symbol of my love. You are the light of the world, the queen of all magic and beauty incarnate. Today, with the morning Sun, you rise."

"What was that?" James Sirius asked.

"It's Yule day, to celebrate her birthday, you offer her your adoration, and align with her potent energy." Zoe answered. "Then, we exchange gifts.

The screen fades to black.

***

The scene transitions to inside, showing everyone surrounding the alter, each one standing in front of their wand wood.

"This is our Yule chant." Narcissa said, pointing to the screen.

"Sun of the dawn, Sun of the clouds." Garrick says.

"Sun of the Earth, Sun of the stars." Lucius continues.

"Sun of the rain, Sun of the dew." Severus says.

"Sun of the heavens, Sun of the Moon." Narcissa says.

"Sun of the flame, Sun of the sky." Draco says.

"Sun of the elements, Sun of the light." Zoe finishes.

The screen fades to black.

***

"After the Yule chant we light the Yule candle. That brings us good luck throughout the coming year. We let the candle burn, undisturbed until the sunrise of December 26th. Then, when it's time, you extinguish the flame but you don't blow it out, because according to tradition, if you blow it out, your good luck will scatter to the wind." Severus explained.

After the chant is done, they each take a step forward, and Garrick lights the massive green candle in the middle. They start to chant: "Candle of Yule with flame bright, you shall burn through this night. Bring us fortune and luck fair all through the coming year. So mote it be."

The screen fades to black.

***

"Now, all that has been done, it's time for the Yule feast in which we give gratitude." Zoe said.

"Gratitude is one of the most profound emotions we can feel." Zoe's voice says as the camera moves through the Manor to the garden. "To be grateful is to feel content and to acknowledge the things in your life that you truly and fully appreciate. So often, we go through life forgetting to say thanks to life itself. We often focus on the negative and forget to count our blessings. Because this time of year represents rebirth, renewal, gift-giving, and love... a holiday about family, friends, and love, rather than a celebration of mythology that muggles celebrate. it's a perfect day to give thanks to the universe. "

The scene shows everyone walking through nature. They all separate: Zoe with Draco, Narcissa with Lucius, Garrick, and Severus.

"Why are you walking through nature?" Lily asked.

"We feel the earth and the trees and paying attention to the profundity of the natural world."

"My Lord and Lady, I thank you, for the land and sky and sea. There is so much you give me. So much that you share that it is hard to count the blessings and the ways that you care." Zoe and Draco chants.

"You have given me a home, And the trees that are above me. You have given me animal friends and fellow souls to guide me. For without friends, Where would we be?" Narcissa and Lucius chants.

"On this day of equal light and dark I thank you for the balance. The mountains ablaze with colour of the leaves turning into art. For the fruit of the vine and the apples of the trees." Severus chants.

"I give thanks for all of these and more. For the green blades of grass and the blue of the sea. For all of these and more, I give you thanks, My Lady and Lord." Garrick finishes.

The screen fades to black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 1.6K 137
Vera Clarke, the descendant of a long line sorted into Slytherin, began her first year at Hogwarts. Sorted into Ravenclaw, she began to feel like an...
4.9M 147K 95
Two burning hearts that dared to break Remeber, nobody said that it would last forever. Harry Potter, the boy who lived, had always felt as if everyo...
12.5K 102 5
Our humble tale begins with a man who chances upon a dubious deal with an ancient being of questionable moral standing. Eventually, flesh grasped win...
2.2K 37 37
Going into her second year at Hogwarts, Gwen finds a mysterious book hidden in her trunk, with no idea who's it was or how it got there. Intrigued...