๐’๐ˆ๐‚๐Š

By sitchski

๐–ฝ๐—ˆ๐—†๐—‚๐—‡๐—‚๐–ผ ๐–ฟ๐—‚๐—„๐–พ ๐—‘ ๐–ฟ๐–พ๐—† ๐—ˆ๐–ผ. ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ช๐‘ฏ ๐‘ซ๐‘ผ๐‘น๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ๐‘น ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐’€ ๐‘จ๐‘พ๐‘ฒ๐‘พ๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘ซ ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ซ ๐‘ฏ... More

๐—ฆ๐—œ๐—–๐—ž
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿญ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฎ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฏ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฐ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฑ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฒ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿณ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿด
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿต
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿญ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฎ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฏ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฐ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฑ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฒ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿณ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿด
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿต
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฌ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿญ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฎ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฏ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฐ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฑ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿณ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿด
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿต
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฌ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿญ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฎ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฏ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฐ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฑ
๐—ป๐—ผ. ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฒ

๐˜€๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—ฟ'๐˜€ ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜‡๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฒ

2.8K 119 57
By sitchski

ཾ. ·˚ ༘ 𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐊 . ➶°⁂ 🎸
𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 -ˋˏ 𝑑𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑐 𝑓𝑖𝑘𝑒 ˎˊ-

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗔𝗭𝗘𝗗 𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗨𝗘

𝗪𝗛𝗬 𝗜𝗦 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗨𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗥 𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗟?

𝖶𝖾 𝗌𝖺𝗍 𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅 𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗉𝗁𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗉𝗎𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖼𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗇𝗌, 𝗍𝗈 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗇𝖾𝗍-𝖽𝗎𝖻𝖻𝖾𝖽 "𝗊𝗎𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝖻𝗅𝗎𝗇𝗍𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗌" 𝖼𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾.

Much can be said about Suminar Choul. She's blunt, she's hilarious, she's rude, she's informed, she's adorable, she's eccentric. The most accurate thing being that she is herself. I was grateful enough to be invited to her childhood home in Atlanta, just before Thanksgiving, to talk to her.

"My voice has always naturally sounded a little dull," the Atlanta-born media personality tells us, "it's not like it matched my personality, I was always pretty charismatic. The voice, however... it makes people look twice."

Choul began her interviewing journey at Georgia State University, where she got a degree in business communications as well as her master's. It was clear though, from early on, she was destined for more.

Photographed by Lauren Starr.

"I would f**k around and do interviews on campus. Students, staff... it became this whole thing. And for first year students, they would play [...] a compilation of my interviews so they could put them all at ease. That made me realise how much it meant to other people, aside from it being a bit of fun."

Things took a drastic turn when the social media star was invited by record labels to interview rappers and artists in the local area, and upload them to her YouTube channel in order for them to gain more publicity. After this, she had taken a short break to focus on finishing school and getting her degree, (which she did. Go you, Suminar!)

It was then she had garnered the attention of a major star.

"It was a Saturday morning, raining like a b***h, when I got a call. I had to ignore it because I was out but they kept calling," Choul said. She had no idea the person on the other line was the personal assistant of Atlanta-based rapper, Gunna.

"I couldn't believe it. I tell my roommate at the time, she couldn't believe it. I was 'bout to block the number at first like no way this [is] Gunna. People like to troll, like we [are] in the A, people love to troll."

No one was trolling her. It was Gunna. On August 4th, 2022, the interview that everybody knows and loves was uploaded to the Bring a Band T-shirt channel. Gunna in a Three 6 Mafia tee, while Choul rocked The Goo-Goo Dolls.

We've seen meme after meme be used with this interview, and after that it was only more.

At first, the journalist didn't even realise how often she was wearing band tees in interviews. The very first few she wasn't even wearing any. She made it a request, and was surprised when it actually stuck.

"When I interview Bktherula, who is fire by the way, I said 'pull up in a band tee.' But I was trolling her. To see her in a Paramore t-shirt on that day, I knew I had to make it a thing."

Photographed by Lauren Starr.

We know that while she's only been on the rise for under a year, but we've seen the impact that she's made and the names she's worked with. We know it's only going to be bigger. But she herself would rather keep it grounded.

"I wanna interview people like me," Choul states, "On the rise, in the same boat, I guess? I'd dream to interview a legend one day and hopefully it'll be the case... but for now, the underdogs. That's who I'm after right now."

Screenshots of the Ice Spice and Yeat interviews Choul has done. From the suminar ira choul 🍬 YouTube channel.

I think we all know why everyone is talking to Suminar Choul now. Would you?

"If I don't interview Flavor Flav, my work on this earth is incomplete" — Suminar Choul. Photographed by Lauren Starr.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.7K 746 27
"๐“๐€๐Š๐„ ๐˜๐Ž ๐๐ˆ๐†๐†๐€ ๐Ž๐๐‹๐˜ ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐„๐„๐Š๐„๐๐ƒ" ๐๐Ž๐‚! @-naialex 2021
69.5K 4.7K 32
๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐š๐ง ๐š๐๐๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง.. ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ. April 2024
143K 10.6K 27
โ๐ˆ'๐Œ ๐€๐‚๐“๐”๐€๐‹๐‹๐˜ ๐„๐Œ๐๐€๐“๐‡๐„๐“๐ˆ๐‚ ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐๐ˆ๐“๐ˆ๐…๐”๐‹ ๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹โž -@keikaminari - date: 06/05/2021 ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Œ๐€๐…๐ˆ๐€ ๐Ž๐‘๐‚๐‡๐„๐’...