Double take | T. Blyth

By vantae743

(Discontinued until further notice) 「 ✦ Double take ✦ 」 "I could say I never dare ... More

Double take
FAMOUS BIRTHDAYS
ACT ONE
01
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

02

1K 27 4
By vantae743

Esmeralda sat at her desk in her office, where a bunch of papers were spread out while said woman was currently restraining herself from grabbing her hair in frustration. 

"Anteros." She said as she pressed the button that ensured her that her brother would get her message sooner or later. In her case, sooner was the only option she would settle for. 

"Esmeralda. To what do I owe this one sentence message?" Her brother replied a few minutes later. She could tell that he was smiling as he said that. 

"What kind of unfinished documents have you left at my desk?" Esmeralda asked with a strained voice, barely being able to hold in her irritation. "The documents are completely useless and if I remember correctly I did ask everyone in both departments that are dealing with this project to hand me promising ideas and designs. Is that what I got though? The only correct answer is no." She continued as she underlined another paragraph with her red ink pen while writing a professional feedback with hidden insults that would require a google search tab open to understand them. 

"I can clearly tell that you are upset, little sis. But they can't be that bad?" Anteros responded, his voice serious as he noticed that this was not a joking matter. 

"I have 5 piles of documents, each pile holding around 10 bundles of papers from different employees. And let me tell you, every single pile is going into the bin." Esmeralda explained as she put down the ink pen and just closed the bundle she had been currently reading. "They are all useless, brother and I don't mean the employees, I mean the documents. We also have to consider the time limit that has been set, so having us ask them to draft up new ideas and designs is going to set us back too much. Do you know what that means, brother?" 

"It means you will have to do everything by yourself to meet the deadline." He simply answered. Anteros thought about what his little sister had just shared, not fully convinced that his assistant would place piles of documents at her desk just for them to not be usable. However, he did know that Esmeralda tried her best to never lie about things to him, especially when it came to important projects that were centred around their family's company. 

"Precisely. I usually try not to complain about it, Ros. But how am I supposed to not only sketch thirty-five outfits, have them designed and made so it can be worn on the day the fashion show is, all alone?" Esmeralda asked, her frustration and stress sipping through her complaints. 

Her brother took some time to think about an answer that would not lead his sister to turn her stress and frustration into anger towards him.  "Why don't you take a break for the rest of the day? You know, call it a day and find a solution tomorrow?"

"Excellent idea. I'll do that then." She grumbled as she ended the call and threw one last look at the piles that were in front of her, grabbing the document that she had commented and underlined on and her bag. 

Esmeralda stepped out from her office with an empty expression, her heels creating loud sounds as she walked on the marble floor towards the elevator. 

"Mr. Peterson, I will head out for the day, please be kind enough to postpone all meetings until tomorrow if possible." She said as she turned around to stare at the receptionist that sat on her floor plan. 

"Of course, Ms. Belamour. I'll do it right away." 

The woman nodded as she entered the elevator, pressing the button that led to the entrance floor. She simply did not have the energy to enter the third floor to leave a bundle of documents that did not even reach her criteria. 

As she waited for the elevator to reach the bottom floor, Esmeralda could not help herself but think about the man that she met at the movie premiere four days ago. Somehow he had managed to worm himself into her thoughts. 

Tom Blyth was his name. After hours of researching on google, she had finally managed to find his Instagram. The only social media that she could say with certainty were his. She had also found out that while the man was from Birmingham, he was currently residing in Brooklyn in New York. Quite a disappointing fact as she realised the time zones and the distance between them. 

"Ms. Belamour, are you leaving for the day?" A voice asked, interrupting her from her thoughts. The person who stood in front of Esmeralda, made her realise that she had already reached the ground floor. 

"Hello, Mr. Seo. I am indeed leaving for the day. You don't happen to know if Ms. Cheong is at the reception desk?" 

"Ms. Cheong should still be at the reception, last time I checked. Well, don't let me bother you though from leaving." Mr. Seo answered as he stepped aside to let Esmeralda exit the elevator. 

"Thank you." She replied, bowing her head slightly to the older man. The woman walked slowly to the reception, noticing how many visitors the company was currently having, the place bustling with noises and people. 

"Good afternoon, Ms. Cheong. Here are some documents I wish could be placed at Mr. Yeon's desk on the third floor." Esmeralda said, placing the document on the desk not awaiting for Ms. Cheong's reply. She already knew that her wish, or more like demand, would be fulfilled by the day's end.

Esmeralda walked out from the big corporation building, her personal driver already waiting outside the entrance door. She greeted him with a small smile, telling him to drive her home to her penthouse at Samseong-dong. 

As she entered the car, Esmeralda immediately connected her earphones to her phone, pressing play on the already paused music.  The song 'If This Was A Movie' by Taylor Swift started to play in her ears. She closed her eyes and leaned her head against the car window as she thought about Tom and his blue eyes. 

•·················•·················•

INSTAGRAM 

esmeraldabelamour 

●○

○●

Liked by estellelars, uarmyhope, charles_leclerc, and 1,928,827 others 

esmeraldabelamour Today was a short and tiring day. Recharging my energy while listening to Taylor Swift's song, If This Was A Movie

View comments

estellelars The fact you need to listen to Taylor Swift to calm down just tells me everything I need to know about how your morning has been. 
Reply      Like

esmeraldabelamour Exactly. That is how bad it was. Although Miss Swift has wonderful songs🤧
estellelars @esmeraldabelamour I'm not saying she is bad, but everyone that knows you can tell how your day has been depending on what song and artist you are listening to at that moment. 

uarmyhope 좋아하는 간식을 먹으면서 좋은 영화를 보는 것이 당신에게도 도움이 될 것입니다. (Google translate: I would suggest watching a good movie while eating your favourite snack would help cheer you up too.)
Reply      Like 

esmeraldabelamour 그럼 그렇게 해볼게! 호비님 조언 감사합니다 💕 (Google translate: I'll try do that then! Thank you for the advice Hobi.)
username The fact that they both are still very good friends even though they're exes makes me wonder if either of them still have feelings for each other. 

anterosbelamour I hope you can come to work tomorrow in a better mood than when you left it today😤
Reply      Like 

esmeraldabelamour Oh my, look at what the cat brought us. An annoying older brother that pretends that he wasn't as annoyed as I was about the mishap.
username I love their sibling bond so much🤧
username Same! 

taylorswift I'm happy to hear that my music managed to cheer you up, Esmeralda 🥰
Reply Like

esmeraldabelamour Can someone pinch me please? I think I just hallucinated that the mother of all mothers just commented on my post? 😭
↪ username Please why is Esmeralda so relatable? Even though she's like the richest person in the world

•·················•·················•

INSTAGRAM

tomblyth 

●○○○○

○●○○○

○○●○○

○○○●○

○○○○●

Liked by rachelzegler, joshandresrivera, hunterschafer, and 346,928 others

tomblyth It's a wrap. Photos from the London premiere and some behind the scenes shots

View comments

rachelzegler third photo makes me wonder about your pose Tom
Reply      Like

tomblyth Personally, I would say that's an awesome pose.
username I'm on Tom's side 💅
username I don't think either of them care about which side you are on tbh.

joshandresrivera Looking good there Tom 👍
Reply      Like

tomblyth Thank you Josh, finally some love over here😂
joshandresrivera Oi! 

user01eos Could you tell Rachel that it is good that she isn't the new Snow White. It's good that it won't be ruined anymore. 
Reply       Like

tomblyth You could get a life instead of commenting on a post thinking that you are all that.
username Pop off King. Tell 'em off. 

user219sle8 Shall we all just ignore the fact that there are evidence from the movie premiere that he interacted with the queen herself? Not from his post of course, but from the newspapers
Reply      Like

username I know right! I never thought I would live through a day where I would see THE Esmeralda Belamour interact with Tom
username what is so great about that?
username @esmeraldabelamour is like the crème de la crème in the rich world. Like, sure she's not such a big actress compared to like Johnny Depp, Jackie Chan, Leonardo Di Caprio etc. But the fact she is a daughter of the house of Belamour makes her one of the richest people in the world.
username Not you tagging her😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 4.9K 43
→ in which an actor accidentally texts an engineering student because his friend gave him the 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫. ...
2.2K 61 18
𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐓𝐎𝐌 𝐁𝐋𝐘𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐭𝐨𝐦 𝐛𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐢�...
1.3K 124 10
─ in which river henshaw, charleston's very own introverted, innocent baker slash daycare worker by day, runs away from jungkook...
19.5K 696 31
ੈ♡˳ 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝘈 𝘛𝘖𝘔 𝘉𝘓𝘠𝘛𝘏 𝘚𝘛𝘖𝘙𝘠 ˳♡ੈ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 ━━ an up and coming actor accidentally messages a med student with an...