Wicked Revenge (COMPLETED)

By avidnovela

Tagalog/English "Paghihigantihan kita Allen Romuladez!" ito ang mga katagang binitawan ni Geraldine when she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 9

148 5 3
By avidnovela

The hush and whispers lingered in the air after we got back from work. Whore, the seductress and social climber were just the nicknames they threw at me. In a way I cannot blame the female rage, Allen Romualdez is a price anyone wanted to aim but I took that illusion away. So, I have no choice but to bear the heat until my plan is concluded.

My thoughts were interrupted when the phone suddenly rang, I readily picked up the receiver and answered it.

"Hello, Allen Romualdez office, how can I help?"

"Can I speak to Al please?" The woman on the other line spoke politely.

Al huh?

"Mr. Romualdez is still in a meeting, may I know who this is please?" I asked further.

"Ohh this is embarrassing, it's alright I'll just visit his office before lunch. You can tell him, Viviene called." Anito.

"I'll take note Miss Viviene" We hung up the phone after she thanked me repeatedly.

I paused and looked at the receiver for a moment and wondered who it was.

A girlfriend? I felt a sudden punch in my chest contemplating that possibility.

After I sent a voice message to Allen about the incoming guest, I patiently waited for him would proactively correct any misunderstanding that may form due to this phone call, but unfortunately, he didn't do so.

Before the clock struck twelve, right in queue I heard stilettos slowly heading my way and witnessed the woman wearing a flowy white dress that hugged perfectly to her body, nakalugay ang mahabang buhok nito while she was smiling kindly at me.

"Hello, I called earlier, I am Viviene. Is Al in?" She asked.

She is beautiful, her full lips add to her charms. She looked familiar though, but I had no time to dig deeper. Her eyes were wide with anticipation as she waited for my reply.

I smiled back reminding myself to do my job well.

"Yes, Sir Allen is expecting you." I stood up and guided Viviene to Allen's office.

Nang bumukas ang pintuan I saw how Allen's face lit up and he easily dropped everything he was doing and quickly traced the steps heading to the unknown woman, he immediately scooped her in his arms and kissed her on the cheek. I was so taken aback by his warm display that I suddenly felt a pang of envy by just merely looking at his reaction.

Am I Jealous? Seriously?!

"Geraldine, can you cancel all my afternoon appointments, please? I'll leave early for now" he instructed which left me wide mouth ngunit madali din akong tumango.

I watched the two frames walk together side by side, Allen's hands were on her waist guiding and supporting Viviene.

"Who was that?" Kyla sneaked behind me and asked.

"I am not sure" was my only reply.

"I guess you are not exclusive huh?" Pangungutya na sambit ni Lien which annoys me more.

"You are all mistaken, nothing is going on between us ni Sir Allen" I uttered with finality.

Nagkibit balikat ang dalawa at tuluyang lumayo sa aking kinatatayuan.

I spent the afternoon completing my pending action items and when the clock struck seven in the evening, I realized that Allen didn't return to the office anymore.

I was feeling a little under the weather when my cellphone started ringing, I answered it and a shriek was heard on the other line. It was a sound of excitement and fun.

"Geraldine! Nasan ka ngayon? I'll pick you up, we need to catch up!" I smiled hearing her voice on the other line.

"Laura! I miss you! Kailan ka bumalik ng bansa?" Tanong ko ng madalian.

"Mamaya na tayo mag-usap, susunduin kita"

I readily gave her my address and quickly retouched my makeup; I was giddy to see my friend again. It has been a while since we last spent time, Laura and I are college friends, we stayed in the same dorm together and took the same major, it has always been easy with her, she's a breath of fresh air, sobrang kalog nito at mapagbiro. Wala itong kaarte-arte sa katawan kahit pa nakakataas ang estado nito sa buhay.

Isang malakas na busina ang biglang bumulagta sa akin ng tuluyan na akong lumabas ng opisina, the car window was pressed down, and a smiling Laura greeted me.

"Hello! Halika kana" anito sa akin habang mabilis ang aking mga tahak patungo sa kotse nito.

Isang masayang kwentuhan ang naganap habang binabaybay namin ang madalang na trapiko.

"Kamusta naman sa Canada?" Tanong ko sa kanya.

"Okay lang, busy ako doon sa pag-aaral. Alam mo bang kumuha ako ng French class? Para akong tanga, di ko talaga maintindihan ang lenggwahe, mukhang babagsak ako sa subject na yon." Pagsasalaysay nito.

"Bonjour mademoiselle" I teased her.

Tumawa ito ng malakas at sabay sabing "yan lang din ang kaya ko"

It seems that time didn't pass between us, Laura is naturally outgoing, which is the opposite of me but because of it, she has taught me how to loosen up a bit and enjoy myself more. She is a positive influence in my life, to be honest.

We took a table in a fancy hotel and just talked even further.

"Kamusta ka naman? I heard about what happened to your dad, I'm sorry Geraldine..." She uttered extending her sympathy while touching my hand.

A cloud of sadness enveloped my heart quickly, but I managed to whisk it away for now. I smiled and touched Laura's hand too.

"Yeah, it was tragic. Thank you for saying that"

"He must have been proud to see you slowly achieving your dreams. How is work and your boss?" she asked while munching on the nachos.

If only I could tell her. 

"Well, it's okay, my boss is... Okay, I guess..." I said dropping my eyes to avoid any eye contact.

"Hold on a minute, you like him?" Nanlaki ang mga nito na pinagtatagpi ang mga bagay-bagay.

"What? What made you say that?" I asked back.

"You blushed remembering him and you are still blushing." She teases even more.

"You are imagining things." I tried to dodge it.

"Now I am curious who is the guy that's making Geraldine feel embarrassed"

Nagkatawanan kami habang pailing kong tinatago ang tunay kong nararamdaman, there's no way I am telling Laura about the real deal. This is not something I can just share casually. The night progresses and I can't help but feel glad for the time we spent, I miss my friend and I am thankful that we had this time to reconnect and bond once again but apart from that I am grateful that this serves as a form of destruction to keep my mind busy so I wouldn't start thinking of what Allen is doing at the moment and if he is still with Viviene.

I cast the thought away.

****************

I was deep in my sleep when my peace was disturbed by the loud ringing of my cell phone, umungol ako, annoyed by whoever was calling. Without looking at the time and the caller ID, I answered it in my most grunting tone.

"Miss Castro, pasensiya na sa istorbo, nais ko lang ipaalam na ang mga papeles na ibinigay mo sa amin ay sadyang napakahalaga sa imbestigasyong ginagawa namin ngayon. Kaya maraming salamat sa kooperasyon mo" saad ni Ramon Ortega.

You didn't call just to thank me, right? I wanted to sarcastically say.

"Kung kaya mo pa kaming tulungan, I'd like to request another help on the list of shareholders na bumubuo sa inyong kompanya. We are looking at an angle for possible hidden money, some stashing income, and assets from an unknown source and we would like to see kung sino man ang may pakana nito." He completed his request.

I sighed. I appreciate the update, but Ramon Ortega should have been more considerate of what time it is.

"I'll see what I can do officer." I just replied and before I could even disconnect the line, I heard him say.

"We know this is too much of a risk for you, I would feel better if we could talk in person so I can also check in with you"

Is he inviting me for a meal? I pondered quickly and the images of Ramon flashed in my mind, he is a typical lawmaker wearing denim and a leather jacket, there's not much glaring about him in general ngunit he has his charms. The way he talks is just too straightforward and is the enforcer of discipline and order. I think it's not bad to know this person a little more besides he is equally attractive too, so it's probably not a bad idea at all.

"Sure, we can do that" came my reply after a moment of pause.

I sensed a smile on his lips when he uttered his thank you. For a moment I wonder if his intention is purely work or could be a personal gain. Either way, I wouldn't know.

I got up and realized that sleep had finally left me. I checked the time and noticed it was almost five in the morning. I decided to wash my face, brush my teeth, and wear some jogging gear. I wanted to run for a while, it's been too long since I have done this exercise. After I locked my apartment, I started warming up and ran at a slow pace, after I felt that it was enough stretching, I started to pick up some speed and cover a few more blocks. I saw a park and decided to head towards it madalang lamang ang mga tawo sa oras na iyon however the people who were there were doing the same thing, breaking some sweat and walking their dogs or just casually sitting on the bench and relaxing.

I paused to intake some air overlooking the large fountain at the center of the park. I was just enjoying the scenery when someone stopped his tracks and talked to me.

"Geraldine? Geraldine? What a coincidence" And right in the flesh is the officer I had the conversation with earlier.

"Ramon? Ohhh hi good morning... are you from the vicinity?" I asked curious about this unusual encounter.

"Yes, I live in that apartment building" he pointed at the gray and red painted building not far from where this park is located and I couldn't help but wonder what are the odds.

That is my building too. 

"I'm sorry about earlier, I realized that was not the appropriate time to call, I didn't wake you up, right?" He apologetically uttered.

"You did" I answered straight not hiding it anymore.

"I'm sorry," he said again.

For a moment I noticed the sweat forming on his forehead, he must have been running for a while now. His shirt has accumulated enough traces of sweat and he is looking more flush than usual, he looked more comfortable compared to the last time we met. His messy hair looks good on him. He is way better in this outfit than the usual police stuff he usually wears. He looks more like the boy next door type.

"Can I make it up to you? I mean for disturbing your rest, would you mind joining me for coffee?" He invited me.

I thought about it. He invited me on the phone earlier that morning, and I already said yes to him, so there's no point turning him down now, so I just nodded and tagged along with this officer.

"By the way you can call me Ram I don't go by my full name" anitong may halong konting hiya.

Cute.

"Alright I'll call you Ram then"

We paced together in this little Cafe not far from the park, we placed our order, and I smiled a little when he ordered a latte, I was expecting that he was a black coffee kind of guy, but this man has a sweet tooth kabaliktaran sa kanyang bravado at aura.

You can't judge the book by its cover they say.

"Do you know that this coffee shop has been operating for almost 20 years now, this place is sort of considered a national treasure by its patron. If I have the power to name buildings and structures myself, this cafe right here will be part of that list." He jokingly said.

"Wow, that long? That's amazing. Does their coffee taste good though?" I whispered teasing him.

He winked at me and whispered back. "You better find out for yourself" he answered.

What a playful police officer. I chuckled at his silliness.

When our coffees were served, I carefully sipped mine and was astonished to realize that it was good.

"I told you, twenty years..." he gloated.

I nodded and laughed. "Yes, I should trust your recommendations from now on Ram"

The morning sun has now cascaded to the entire estate and as we embraced its warm essence, I found myself enjoying this early morning conversation with someone I never expected to be this fun. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356 1 54
[HIS SERIES BOOK #2] "His amending touch will stay forever in my heart." -Kate Frias. Kate had been broken before. Not just once, but twice...
527 7 16
Venisa Alehomre is inlove with Justin Paul Cojuanco almost her life. Bata pa lamang sila, naramdaman na niya na wala siyang ibang mamahalin kundi si...
67.7K 2.1K 21
In the beginning she was alive, her soul bare for this man, loved him with every fiber of her being. She was willing to give up everything that she h...
675K 26K 40
"If you asked me three months ago what heartbreak was, I would tell you it's losing somebody close to you due to unspeakable circumstances. But right...