just a little thing i've done...

Da zapsterpiece

"Magic, is not always about the fairy tale. Magic is when something or maybe someone unexpectedly happens to... Altro

author's note

Just A Little Thing I've Done And You Call It Magic

1.2K 91 55
Da zapsterpiece

Liam's POV

I put my arm around my boyfriend's shoulders, helping him to walk closer to the beach. Once we get there, I help him to sit down slowly at the sand underneath us. I sit beside him and we're both facing the sea, but there is one difference between me and him. I can see the beautiful view in front me, while he's seeing all black. Yes, he is blind.

He's having this disability since he was born and he was bullied for that. The bully was getting worse when he turned 11, which was seven years ago. And I was always there for him, to save him from all those bullies. I was his senior, we are like two years apart. To me, he is the strongest person I have ever met, yet he is the most fragile too. I used to be so afraid to touch him first, it was like he's gonna break into pieces in any seconds. But for now, I'm used to it.

I'm the only friend he has. People known him as a nerd also a mute boy. I have to admit that he is rarely talk, especially to new people. It was quiet hard to get him speak at the first time we met. But as the time that passed, he started to feel comfortable around me. He talks a lot even more whenever he gets excited about something. From then on, we are bestfriends then turn to boyfriends.

I pull him closer to me and lay he down slowly until his head rested on my lap. I stroke his black and smooth hair, feeling it in between my fingers. I used to always want to have a brother, a younger one, but all I got are sisters. And that's why he is just like a little brother to me, and I will always care about him. He can be anything to me.

"Liam?" he whispers,

I hum answering him, still stroking his hair in my hands. "Sunset already?" He asks.

My eyes are glancing at the beautiful view in front of me. Calm water, a bit wavy though. Plus the orange sky makes everything perfect. I feel warm breeze blowing, brushing my skin. "Not yet.."

He shuffles a little on my lap, fixing his position. "I really want to see the sunset, Liam"

I look down at him, my eyes are getting softened. My heart is broken a little at his words. He deserves a vision, I thought. "I will tell you the detail, babe"

Frown starts to forming on his face, he looks so cute but actually he is sad. I stroke his hair again slowly, then looking back at the lake. I want him to get a surgery, and I always tell him to do it. But he doesn't want it. He said he doesn't want to have what's not his. But I just want him to be able to see things just like other people. He deserves it, really.

Suddenly the sun starts to sinking down slowly to the sea. This is so beautiful. I blabber all the details of the sun, explaining how does it look to him. He nods and smiles, I know that is a sad smile he's wearing. But I don't bother to ask. Instead, I'm saying sweet things to him.

"That sun is you,"

He's furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, "why me?"

"Well.." I help him to sit up and rest his head on my shoulder, "It will always sink by the end of the day, but so it will always rise at the very start of the day"

He giggles and snuggle his head to my shoulder, I smile fondly at him. "No matter how often you break down, you will always stand up bravely to start a new page, Zayn"

Tears are forming on his eyes and falling down to his cheeks. I don't want to wipe them because I know, they're happy tears. I'm happy to see him like this. "Thank you, Liam" he whispers. I wrap my arm around his shoulder, pulling him closer to me until his face buried on my chest.

"You are my boyfriend, my sunshine, and my little brother."

He nods and wrap his amrs around me, hugging me tightly. "I'm glad I'm having you"

I hug him back and kiss his temple, then his lips, "so I am". I pull away slowly from him and hold his arms, getting us up together, realizing the sky is getting dark. "Let's get out of here."

And we walk together out of the lake to my car and I drive him home.

***

The next day when I wake up, I feel my chest tightening and it's really hard to breathe. My parents take me to the nearest hospital and I'm being dragged to the emergency room. My head feels so hurt, I'm so dizzy even everything starts to spinning around. And I start to coughing blood, my every breath is getting shorter.

Well, last night I forgot to take my medicine. So this is happening. Tuberculosis. Is what I've got. It's been six months but I still haven't get recovered. Doctor said I have to keep consuming my medicines twelve months straight. And I'm kinda sure I'll get recover once I passed those twelve months. But I always forget to take my medicine so this is always happen to me.

An hour passed and I start to get myself back to the world. My parents lead me out of the hospital and drive me home. They tell me to have a rest but I need to go out. I already promised Zayn to take him out again today. My mom suggests me to just cancel the plan, but I can't go with it. It will make him upset and that's not one of my obligations.

So I quickly take a shower and get dressed. I drive to his house and knock on his front door. His mother answers and she tells me to wait. After five minutes, Zayn walks out approaching me and I hold him, helping him to walk. I open the passenger door for him and help him to get in. I close the door, then walk around my car to get myself in to the driver seat. I start the engine then drive off.

I'm planning to take him to the ice cream shop, that's his favorite place to hang out since he was thirteen. I need to make him happy, to spend my days with him. Because I know I will not last longer than days, and he is the love of my life who knows everything and anything about me. So I should treat him right in my last days.

When we're arrive, I get out from my car and open the door that on his side and help him to get out and lead him inside the shop. We take our seats and I read out the menu to him, so he can pick what he wants.

"Caramel and cookies, please."

So I call for the waitress and mention our orders as she writes on her note and then walk away once we're done ordering. We wait for about twenty minutes until the waitress walks  approaching us and places our orders on the table. "Is there anything I can help again?"

I shake my head, "thank you."

She excuses herself then walks away. Before I touch my ice cream, I help Zayn to find his. I hold his hands and lead them to his ice cream bowl infront of him. I help his fingers to wrapped around the spoon and then help him scooping the ice cream for himself. I watch him then let go of his hands. He is a fast learner. He will always understand with what I tell him.

I scoop my ice cream, melting into the taste in my mouth. We eat our ice creams in silent until we finish. I clear my throat before finally speak up, "about my funeral.."

He stops wiping his mouth with napkin, "why'd you say like that?"

"Zayn, baby, I already told you that I won't last long yeah?"

Tears forming in his eyes, falling down slowly to his cheeks. I can't see him like this, I can't let anyone in tears because of me. "You know we are born to die, and my time is soon."

"D-don't you s-say like that.." he struggles with his own words.

"I'm sorry but," I let out a sigh, "I just want you to attend my funeral and give a speech about me."

He bursts into tears, I start to panic. I never know talking about my funeral would cause this much effect on him. Well, at the first time we talked about this, he cried to his sleep. But then I told him, 'there's still a chance for me'. So he believes I will survive. And right now, I'm asking him to give a speech in my funeral. That's a stupid of me but, I really want him to.

So I ask for the bill to the waitress and pay for it. I quickly get up from my seat and help him also, I lead him out of the shop and into my car. Once we're inside my car, he cries harder. So I pull him to my hug, rubbing his back up and down. I peck his lips for a few times. I feel guilty but I really have to tell him about everything. But I have to think about his feelings too. But-

"I don't want y-you to leave m-me.." he is shaking now, his voice is unsteady. I pull away slowly from him and use my thumbs to wipe the tears on his cheeks.

"I will always be there for you, even until death do us apart." I try to reassure him.

"B-but I don't want to be alone," I pull him to my hug once again, stroking his hair.

"One day you will get married with an another man and have a family, there you won't be alone"

"I w-want you! I only want you! I want you, Leeyum.."

I pull away from him and hold his shoulders, my eyes are on him. "Then I want my life to lasts longer, Zayn" I tighten my grip on his shoulders, "but I can't."

He is sobbing now, I hope he gets the point. Sometimes reality is far from the expectation. Reality is where we have to deal with something we can't change. Though sometimes we can, but only for a while. And there will be always a day when you lose someone to their deaths. But to me, I lose someone to my death. Even though I try to hold still, the truth is saying the flipside. I will cause a terrible heartache to everyone soon, breaking them, and I will never forgive myself for that.

He gets calmer now, only there are few tears still. He nods slowly, "I w-will give a speech about y-you.."

I smile at him, I pat his soft raven hair slowly, kissing his lips softly. "Thank you."

***

Two weeks later, there's an infection in my lungs. I start to coughing blood and I have to stay in the hospital for a while. I found it's really hard like, even impossible to breathe. And tonight, I feel helpless. I just want to close my eyes and take a break from life for a while. But if I close my eyes now, I know I will be nowhere near the life I'm living in.

I feel tired, all my body parts gone weak. But then one last request pops in my mind. I tell my parents about it and thankfully they're agree with me.

So I close my eyes, and I see there's a light at the end of the path. I walk approaching it and then I'm seeing all white.

The last sound I hear is a screaming from a familiar voice. It keeps screaming my name and I know it's crying hard. I feel two small hands gripping my right hand tightly, there's a pair of soft lips kissing my knuckle.

"Don't leave me.. please don't leave me" is the last thing I hear before I'm going all deaf and numb.

***

I'm standing in front of everyone, my eyes are wandering around, scanning every face in front of me. I'm not seeing all black anymore, instead I'm seeing everyone is dressed in black. I clear my throat before speaking up,

"Liam James Payne and I, are bestfriends since we were younger. He was always there for me, he was my savior for life, my king. But today I lose my bestfriend, my brother, my hero, my lover. All in the same time." I clear my throat once again, trying to not let my tears down. "Magic, is not always about the fairy tale. Magic is when something or maybe someone unexpectedly happens to you and it changes your life in a good way. And this thing is occur to me. Liam is the magic to me and to my life."

I look up at everyone before speaking again, "one day he came to me and he was like 'hey, what's your name?', then it changed my whole life. I have never really had a friend before, I was always in my own and desperately alone. But ever since I met Liam, he was always there to spend my time in a better way than I've had before. He makes me feel wanted and loved."

"And yesterday, right in the day where he has gone, he was still giving his magic out to me. His eyes. Now they're with me." I bite my lip and stop talking for a minute, I look at his photo that is standing in front of everyone. I'm staring at Liam in that picture.

He looks so handsome, a fond smile attached on his face. He has brown short hair and there are dimples on each of his cheeks. His lips are plump and his jaw seems so strong. And his nose, his nose is so cute. He is beautiful, I thought. So much more beautiful than yesterday, when the first time I saw him. Laying lifelessly in the hospital bed with pale skin and with his closed eyes. And my heart breaks a little at the memory.

I turn my attention back to the people, "I feel like this is not real. I was blind and now I can see everything, just like all of you. Though it feels incomplete without Liam by my side." And with that, I can't hold my tears any longer.

"Liam and I were always had this dream together, we waited for the day I get a vision comes. He has told me for million times to do a surgery, but I always used to say no. But, this was his last request. He wants me to have his eyes. He wants me to see the world through his eyes. And I can't say no. This is the magic that happens to me. I feel really thankful with what I have got. And I'm sure, right now, right there, Liam be like 'just a little thing I've done, and you call it magic'."

I let out a chuckle even with my tears still, "thank you, forever thank you to you Liam. You are my missing puzzle piece that I can never forget about. Always in my heart, Liam James Payne."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
5K 84 12
This is my first story so I hope you like it. Yuu is at the orphanage with mika but what happens when the king and queen adopt Mika and pirates adopt...
960K 21.9K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
469K 31.6K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...