Arranged love stories.

By puratej

These are a few stories that revolve around arranged marriages. Each story will have only 5 parts. But they w... More

1. 3 Meetings for Marriage
The first meeting in a PUB???
He didn't show up...?
All her insecurities
Happily ever after..???
2. Nothing is common between us.
That's Not Mine
Let's Arrange
Come With Us
My Miracle
3. Love In One Day
I'll Replace You For Today
Spend Time With Someone
I'll Never Let You Cry
4. Love Finds Its Way
It's High Time
Let's Get Married
You don't need to
You Deserve It

She Is Family

15 2 1
By puratej

Sam's POV:

Driver uncle dropped me at the site. I went and a man came to me.

"Good morning ma'am. Sir told me to assist you while you are here.", he said. He looked much older than me.

"Ok, sir", I said and he looked a little shocked. Maybe because I addressed him as sir.

After some time he said while leading me to the place where the workers were all gathered, "The workers are from different north Indian states. All of them will be paid according to the daily wages act of our state only. Sir don't want anyone to feel left alone."

I smiled and felt proud of Raghu uncle and his morals. "I know. Raghu sir was always known for his kindness.", I said.

"Raghu sir's kindness comes from his sons.", he said and I frowned.

"what do you mean?", I asked.

"Both of his sons are very kind and humane. His elder son Pavan sir asked his father to pay these workers under our state's Act. Or else, they will get very low wages per day. Also, it is Sagar sir's request to make sure every worker is fed with good meals.", he said and I remember how Pavan was looking at me this morning.

He looked at me like I was the only thing left in this world. He looked like his eyes finally reached their destination. The mere memory is going to make me blush. I covered my blush while clearing my throat.

"Are all the arrangements ready?", I asked him about the catering.

"Yes, ma'am. Done.", he said and we looked around by the time contractors came.

Soon I gave every contractor their cheques accordingly. But then another man started saying he didn't get his cheque.

"I was promised a cheque of 15 crores. Why didn't I get it?", he asked.

"I'm sorry sir, but I did everything that I've been instructed to do. There must be some sort of confusion and I'll clear it in no time.", I hated his rude and arrogant behavior but I still had to hold myself.

He is still mumbling some incoherent words about me but ignoring them I take out my phone only to see that there is no network. I tried calling but no use. I messaged Raghu uncle, Babai, and even Dad to inform Babai that there was some emergency and to contact me as soon as possible.

"There must be a man as P.A. right. When did you join?", he asked with a high-pitched voice.

"He was sick..", I'm trying to buy some time before Uncle arrives but he is in no mood to listen. I wonder how people can be this arrogant.

"Huh. Sick? Then any other experienced person should be given this responsibility, not a random girl like you. Also, the effort you've put into your makeup, if you put that in your work, this situation wouldn't have come.", he said and scoffed looking at me. Bloody cheapoo. Look at yourself in a mirror.

My patience is gone and now I'm ready to retort but then a sudden voice startled all of us.

"The effort you've put in taunting her, if you put that in your work, the quality of your cement would've been better.",  Pavan said with a cold stare.

"And who are you to say that?", this cheapo dares to question the chairman's son.

"I'm Pavan. Mr.Raghu Ram's elder son.", he said with a sharp gaze and voice.
Cheapo's face lost all the colors. He started sweating literally.

He came near us and stood beside me. He kept his hand on my back. I'm shocked to the core. He didn't even bother and said, "I've gone through the quality check report, and found that your cement is not up to the mark. Our company is canceling the deal with your factory. The bags we bought will also be sent to your godown and I expect a full return of money in 2 days."

"Sir, but...", he tried to request but Pavan was in no mood to listen to his pleas.

He showed his hand and said, "I'm not going to take back my words. Also, she is not some random girl. SHE IS FAMILY." He said the last sentence looking at me. Only then did I realize I've been staring at him since he came. And trust me that sentence is enough for me to hand over my life to this person standing here.

He caught me and smiled. Is it wrong if I just look at him and forget everything? He cleared his throat and only then I came out of my trance.

Everyone left from there. Only we both are standing in our previous places. His hand is still on my back. I took a step back unable to take more of his proximity.

"Thank you.", I said looking around.

"Dad forgot to give you this cheque.", he said and showed me the cheque of 15 crore rupees. Before I could think anything he spoke again, "He asked me to give you this but while coming here I got to know about the quality check report."

"It's good that Uncle didn't give me the cheque. Or else I would have given it to that daft dumbo and I know that money is nonrefundable.", I said taking a break of relief. I read all the transaction guidelines on my way here. It would've been a loss of 15 crores.

"You take your work seriously even if it's just for a day.", he said smiling at me.

"Even if it's just for one day, it is still work. I was worried that I was not focused and so I missed his cheque.", I said with a smile.

"It's already 2 p.m. Let's grab some lunch.  I've seen a dhaba on the way.", he said with hopeful eyes. His eyes are the most expressive ones I've seen.

"But, Uncle and Aunty will be here any minute. As we canceled the contract with that cement factory, we need to arrange something. Or else the foundation will be delayed.", I said. I don't know what to do now.

"Don't worry. I've already arranged everything. I made a new contract with another company. The cement will be here on time. About Mom and Dad, they will come here by 3:30. I'm sure we will be back by then.", he said and I was left with nothing but nodding my head.

We went towards the car and he asked his driver to take some rest and he took over the driver seat. I sat in the Passenger seat. I was looking through the side window and he called me.

"Sameerana.", he took my name all intently like worshipping it.

"Yeah?", I asked and he said, "seatbelt."

I smiled and put on the seatbelt. We went and sat on an empty table. I was looking at the menu when he called me again.

"Sameerana."

"Hun?", I asked.

"What do you want to eat?",  he asked looking at me.

"Nothing particular. Anything is fine.", I said and he ordered for us.

"You can call me Sam or Samee. Everyone calls me that.", I said as he was calling me my full name every time.

"Why? You don't like being called Sameerana?", he asked me back.

"I love it. But many find it too long. You are the only one who called my full name more than once. Not even my class teacher called me Sameerana.", I said smiling.

"Then I'll call you Sameerana always. I like your name.", he said. He wanted to say more but stopped as our food came and we started devouring it.

We went back to the site and all the arrangements were made by then. He asked me a few questions related to my studies and career. So I also thought to ask him.

"So you are next in line after your father.", I asked rather made a statement.

He chuckled nodded his head in a no and said, "I'm a cinematographer."

I'm shocked listening to his answer. "But you know everything about the project and doing all so well.", I voiced out my thoughts.

"I sometimes go to the office with Dad. It's not like I'm interested but I try to know everything happening. Most importantly, this project is Dad's gift for mom. I and Sagar looked after it from the beginning. ", he said and I'm very impressed with his character.

"That means Sagar is going to handle the business after Uncle.", I asked out of curiosity.

He smiled and again nodded in a no. " He is a lyric writer for movies.", he said.

"Then what about the company if Uncle wants to retire?", I asked getting interested in their daily matters suddenly.

He just shrugged and said, "That's up to Dad. He can do whatever he wants."

We were talking and soon Uncle arrived with Aunty. The foundation stone is laid and Uncle wishes Aunty. Pavan wished her and I said my wishes. She hugged me in return.

"You must join the party tonight Samee", Aunty said more like ordered me. I don't know what to say.

"Yes, Samee. I already informed Shekhar. You are staying with us till the party. After that, you'll be dropped in your home by us.", Uncle said, and I agreed.

We went from there. Uncle and Aunty went in their car while I and Pavan went in another car. All along the way, he is talking to me and I feel the conversation comfortable, unlike the awkward ones we have when we meet someone for the first time. I got to know he is very passionate about his work and also worked on a few films that brought him immense success.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 1.4K 42
The Rajputs well known as the most powerful and devil's for the people who tries to messed up with them people got goosebumps just by listening to th...
65.5K 3.1K 44
A girl got isekaid into her favourite webtoon called Lookism.She tries to help her favourite characters by disgusing herself as a guy so she can figh...
30.9K 820 28
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ you got me down on my knees it's getting harder to breathe out . . . โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ช๐‘ฏ . . . ๐œ๐ก๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ข๐จ๐ฅ๐จ ha...
157K 6K 77
Not many people understood 12 year old Jessica, as a person and an individual. That doesn't include, however, her older sister, who Jessica adores w...