Stuck With You

By Alicia_007

"sir..." I say looking down. "yes? Any problem?" "no, i-i.. I'm quitting." He laughs before looking back at... More

Author's note !!!
Before I became the queen
The handsome devil
The interview
We meet again
Salty Coffee
Pay Back
Business Dinner
Bodyguard
She can't cook
Stalker
The flowers
The twins
His wife
His sister
Something nice
Crush me
Rock and Roll
I won't
Fired!
Do it
Please Stay
Rainy night
You're not my girlfriend
I don't like your friend
She's your sister
Been the lucky one
ICU ROOM
Scared to be lonely
It's not her
New Job
Gold Digger
You can't hide from me
I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!!
I'm sorry
Friends again
Us
Joshua's Girlfriend
The Gift
It's Over
What you wanted
Messed up
The Wedding Day
Burn for you
Always
Scared to lose you part 1
Scared to lose you part 2
Like I do
Her Home part 1
Her Home part 2

Definitely Blind

16 3 7
By Alicia_007

Melissa's POV:

Fourteen days.

Fourteen days have passed since my parents left this world to a place where I can never know.

Each day I check their bedroom to see if they're really not there. It took me a week and some days to accept that they're really gone.

And each morning, I prepare their favorite muffins, hoping to see them at the dining table eating and smiling.

I always hope to see their bright smiles, but it never happens.

And today, I finally accepted that I will never see them again, not in this world.

"Lissa, I'm still not happy with what you said to your sister." Stacy tells me and I roll my eyes.

"I don't like your attitude," she adds as I stare at my reflection at the mirror.

"I'm sorry." I sigh, "so.. what were you saying about Lisa, or Trina, or whatever her name is." I remark as I turn my head to glance at an annoyed Stacy.

"What's happening to you? You're becoming mean, just like your sister.."

"Please don't.. ever compare me to her." I say and look back at my reflection.

"Why wouldn't I? She's your twin after all, and you're now acting like your rude sister. But I love her anyways." She shrugs.

"Just say what you want to say." I tell her and turn around to face her.

"Well, you're rude to her that day and I think you should apologize for that."

"What? Are you crazy? Apologize? Hell no." I scoff.

"Do you think your parents are happy about this?" She asks and I shoot her a glare.

"Don't bring them into this." I say and blink away the tears threatening my eyes.

"Just listen to me, your mother and father always wanted you and your sister to never fight with each other right?"

I nod.

"They always wished that Trina could forget about the past and spend more time with you guys, correct?"

I nod my head again.

"Were they ever angry at her for not forgiving them right away?"

"No." I lower my head.

"Do you now still think they're happy about this?"

"No." I mutter and rub the tears on my cheeks.

"Okay.. I'm sorry for making you cry.." She walks over to me and then wraps her arms around me.

"I'm sorry, but I needed to do this Lissa.. to make you aware of what you're doing." She remarks and I pull away.

"It's fine, I understand. So should I apologize to her now? And make her the maid of honor?"

Her eyes widens, "hell no! I mean, yes you have to apologize to her but I'm the maid of honor. I know she's your sister, you're born on the same day but I'm your best friend, and you know that I've been waiting my whole life for this..."

I chuckle, "okay! I get it. Thanks for the speech anyway."

...

"How do I look?" I ask Stacy and she smiles shaking her head.

"You look lovely. Adrian won't be able to take his eyes off you." She remarks and I blush.

Well, Adrian finally accepted to take me to his parents' house this afternoon. He doesn't like this idea so much though, he said that he's only doing this for me...Because I consider it to be important.

I think it's important that they like me even a little bit. I'm marrying their son in only two weeks.

I had to apply more foundation around my eyes to hide the dark circles. My dress is a lighter shade of blue, reaching just above my knees and my hair is styled in soft curls.

Just after grabbing my purse, I hear Stacy's voice, announcing Adrian's arrival and I walk into the living room.

"Wish me luck." I tell Stacy.

"I know that they think highly of themselves and it really doesn't matter whether they like you or not, what matters is that he loves you." She smiles and I shake my head in disbelief.

"That's not helping!" I whine.

"Do you want him to just walk in and carry you in his arms? Go!" She almost screams.

Opening the door, I give her a last glance and step outside where I find Adrian patiently waiting.

"Hi." I say to him with a smile.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to your beauty." He responds as he plants a warm kiss on my cheek.

"You smell so good.." He says as he buries his head in my neck, causing goosebumps to form all over my body.

His lips makes contact with my skin and I shiver.

"Someone might see us." I whisper in his ear as I remember that Stacy is still inside.

Oh no.

I hope she hasn't seen anything, otherwise she'll never stop teasing me.

"Adrian.. we're going to be late for lunch and I'm really hungry." I say and watch him as he chuckles then opens the door for me to sit in the his car.

I play with my fingers and bite my lower lip to control my own sudden anxiety.

I feel Adrian's gaze on me the entire time before he finally asks, "are you okay?"

"No, I mean yes.. I'm just nervous." I admit.

"Why?" He asks.

"I know that they don't like me that much and I'm nervous because I'm meeting them for the first time after what you did to your Dad." I state.

"You don't have to worry about them, and I don't care whether they like you or not." He remarks and I gulp.

"Your mother thinks that I'm a gold digger and I don't know why your father and Samantha hate me so much." I sigh.

"You're digging my gold and not theirs." He chuckles.

"Not funny." I pout my lips and look out through the window.

I feel his hand on my thigh and I don't want to look at his face. I'm not upset with him though, I'm just too nervous!

"It doesn't matter what they think of you. They're not important to me and you'll be okay, they wouldn't try to do anything stupid to you." He squeezes my thigh gently, his eyes on the road.

"Okay, but I still feel it's important that they like me." I say, leaning back in my seat as he pulls in front of a very beautiful mansion.

This is harder than I thought.

He opens the door for me and I step out. He takes my hand into his as we walk towards the door.

The door is opened by a familiar set of faces.

Adrian's Mom, his Dad and his sister Samantha.

"Welcome!" His Mom smiles.

I'm not sure if she's just faking her smile because her son is here, or if she's starting to like me?

I hope so.

She hugs Adrian then me and.. I feel better. And it is very surprising to me because this is the first time she's ever smiled at me.

"You look lovely my dear." She beams and I smile genuinely at her.

"Thank you." I respond and look at Samantha who's already glaring at me with crossed arms.

"You must be Melissa! I've heard so much about you!" Samantha rolls her eyes and walks away.

I'm grateful that she's not trying to hide her unnecessary hatred for me because I don't really like her that much, too.

"Ha," Mrs Dawns chuckles nervously as she glances at her son before looking back at me, "don't mind my daughter, she's a little.. uh.. just don't mind her. Oh! This is my husband, your soon to be father in-law."

"Hello sir." I greet him as I shake his hand.

"It's so nice to finally meet our son's soon to be wife. We welcome you into our family." He says and I feel like jumping for joy.

He doesn't seem to be angry at me and Adrian because of what happened last time.

Thank you lord.

"Please come in." Adrian's Mom smiles again as we step inside.

I can't help but marvel at the exquisite architecture and design inside. Everything here screams of wealth.

Once we settle at the large dining table, a roll of maids walk in, each with a plate in their hands and set them in front of us on the table.

Next to me is Adrian, Samantha is sitting across me and next to her is her sweet mother.

"So.. how did you guys meet?" Susan, Adrian's Mom breaks the silence.

I look over at Adrian who's already staring at me and I feel like laughing but I decide to behave myself and not to embarrass myself in front of his family.

"We met like how others do." Adrian answers rudely and I feel like smacking him.

"Well, he almost hit me with his car then of course we didn't like each other. But then he employed me as his secretary then we started liking each other." I briefly explain and feel my cheeks flush.

"Oh, that's really nice." His father comments.

"So.. Melissa? When did you realize that you have feelings for my son?" Susan asks again.

"Uh.. when I stopped working for him." I answer.

Susan nods her head and I hear Adrian mutter something that is very rude.

"We heard about what happened to your parents, we offer our sincere condolences." His father says.

"And your sister almost died in an accident one day after your parents' death, I really don't know what's happening to this family." Samantha shrugs and my heart sinks.

Trina was also in accident? I saw the bruises on her face but it really never crossed my mind. I was too broken that day to see anything.

"Excuse me." Adrian's father says and leaves the dining room.

I feel Susan's gaze on me and I fail to eat my food in peace. Adrian's phone rings and also leave the dining room.

Okay...

"Just stop with all this pretence Mom." Samantha tells Susan and I keep my eyes on the food.

"I know that you don't like her so please just stop making her feel-"

"I know baby." Susan interrupts Samantha, "so.. how do you feel now that your plan has succeeded Melissa?" Susan asks me I look at her in confusion.

"Excuse me?"

"My son is definitely blind but I am not. Know your place here little girl and always remember that you're just a maid.. a nobody."

I knew this would happen. I had a feeling that she still doesn't like me and she was just pretending to like me because Adrian was there.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh please. Why do you and your sister snatch what will never be yours?" Sam snaps.

"Well surprisingly, whatever you're saying will never affect me and whether you're happy about this or not, Adrian and I are getting married in only two weeks." I say to both of them with a huge grin.

I hear Adrian's footsteps approaching and my smile widens.

"We should go now." He tells me.

"Can't you stay for a few more hours? I want to get to know her more." Susan fakes her smile again and I look up at Adrian.

"No. We only came here for lunch."  Adrian's voice sounds deep and I can sense the gleam of irritation beneath his cold eyes.

"It was nice having you around." Susan speaks as Adrian offers his hand which I take without hesitation.

"Thank you for having us." I say to her, and I can see Samantha rolling her eyes.

Lisa's POV:

There's a soft knock on the door of my office and I put away my phone before telling the person at the door to enter.

I'm surprised to see Josh as he walks in and closes the door behind him.

"Hi, is everything okay?" I ask him as he sits on the chair in front of me.

"No." He answers.

"What's wrong? Have you started drinking again?" I ask him.

"No. I miss you." He says and I bite my bottom lip.

I miss him so much.

"Trina, I can't live like this. You know that I love you and..."

I get up and walk over to the large glass window, "Josh-"

"I don't want to listen to you." He walks towards me, "I don't have anything to do with anyone but you. I just want you and nobody else." He stares into my eyes and closes the space between us as he attempts to kiss me but I don't let him.

"I told you to give me some more time, that means no hugging, no seeing each other, no touching and no kissing."

"Are you trying to kill me? At least let me kiss you or do something to you to make you miss me. This is not fair." He whines and I chuckle.

"Fair to me though." I shrug.

"No it's not, you know that I need you."

"We can be friends then." I suggest and he gives me a dirty look.

"What? Just friends and nothing more?"

"Yeah." I nod.

"Would you be happy if I went to any bar and sleep with all the stripers there?"

I would definitely kill you this time man.

"We're not together anymore, so I wouldn't mind if-" he pins me against the wall and crushes his soft lips onto mine.

I feel the familiar unnecessary butterflies in my stomach as I kiss him back.

He drives me crazy...

"Stop talking nonsense." He says calmly as his arms wraps my waist, pulling me  closer to him.

"I'm not talking." I remark.

He groans, "why are you acting like this? Do you already have someone to replace me with?"

"Maybe." I shrug as I free myself from him and walk over to my desk.

"Who? Stay away from him." His tone becomes serious and I feel so... good.

This makes me feel more powerful.

He approaches me and takes my hands into his. A heavy sigh escapes his lips and he lowers his head.

"I love you. I feel incomplete without you, I want to be with you always. Don't you love me anymore?" He looks into my eyes and I slowly gulp.

"I.. I don't know." I lie and look away.

Well, I love this guy a lot.

"Tell me to stay away from me and I will."

"Stop doing this, please stop." I beg.

"No, tell me right now."

"I love you," I remove his hands from mine and walk past him, "I love you so much but you know that you can't just come into my life when you want to." I state.

He grabs my arm and turns me around, "you always push me away, I've told you so many times that I love you but you don't want to believe me!"

"Because you give me mixed feelings! Everything was going so well but you ruined everything!"

"I didn't ruin anything, you chose not to believe me and now we're no longer together because you like assuming things!"

"No I don't, I saw everything with my own eyes. She was comfortably sitting there and you came out without a shirt!" I smack his left arm, hard.

I'm so angry right now that I feel like smacking him all over so that Samantha will never recognise him again.

"I was getting ready for you!" He defends himself.

"Stop lying! I should be the only one to see you without a shirt! And without any clothes!" I smack him again and I think I can hear him laughing right now.

"What's funny?" I shoot him a glare and he continues to laugh.

I cross my arms in front my chest and wait for him to stop laughing.

"You're so funny sometimes.". He states still laughing and I smack him again.

"Sometimes? Are you trying to say that I've never made you laugh before?" I attempt to smack him again but he catches my hand and plants soft kisses on the back of it.

"I love you even more when you act childish."

Childish?

"I'm not acting childish! I'm mad at you."

"You won't be mad for too long, will you?" He smirks and I step back.

He sighs and pulls my hand, "I'm dying to kiss you." He whines.

I bite my lower lip and pull the collar of his black shirt as I smash my lips on his soft ones.

I missed him so much.

I kiss him slowly. I feel like I'm going to explode any moment. The phone on my desk rings and I curse at myself for not switching it off.

I pull away from Joshua who groans in annoyance as I grab my phone and swipe to answer without checking the name.

"Trina speaking." I say, running my other hand through Josh's hair.

"Uh.. hi." Melissa?

"It's Melissa, I was hoping to meet you today." She says and I look at Joshua, "there's something I want to discuss with you." She adds.

"Okay." I answer.

"Great, I'll send the location." She says and hangs up before I could say anything.

"Who was it?" Joshua asks.

"Melissa. She wants us to meet." I tell him and he nods.

I bury my face in his neck, "I don't want to go." I tell him.

"Why?"

"I don't want to hear her hurtful words again."

"I don't think she's going to do that again."

"No, I'm not going anywhere."

"You should go, I'm sure it is important."

I pull away and stare into his eyes, "don't you want to spend some time with me?"

"I do, but we can have the whole night." He smirks and I roll my eyes.

"I'll see you later then." I sigh and grab my bag.

"I'm dying to see you again." He kisses my forehead and I smile at him.

~~~~~~

Reaching the location Melissa sent me, I take out my phone and to give her a text.

Are you already here? I send to her.

I step out of the car and look around the place. It's just a small cafe.

My phone vibrates, yes, I'm inside the cafe.

I read the text from Melissa and shove my phone back into the bag as I make my way inside the cafe.

I look around and see Melissa all alone, she shoves something into her mouth and closes her eyes to chew the food with a smile.

I take my seat across hers as she smiles at me.

"Thank you for coming," she begins, "sorry for disturbing you.."

"It's fine." I state.

"Okay.." She chuckles nervously and looks into my eyes, "I won't take much of your time. I know how you feel about us, I mean.. me of course, and my parents." She says and I stay quiet.

"You don't like us that much." What?

She continues, "and, I'm sorry for what I said to you the other day. My parents always wanted you and I to never fight with each other and I think I made you hate us even more.."

"No.." I interrupt her, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I said to you guys and I regret each word that came out of my mouth." I say and she looks surprised.

"Are you serious?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah.. I only came to realize that I was wrong a few days before they died, and I was planning on visiting you guys the same day they left us. I'm truly sorry." I say and wipe the corner of eye.

Melissa sniffs, "really? Our parents would have been the happiest ever, but.."

"I was too late I guess." I say as she rubs her cheeks to wipe the tears . "do you want me to start crying too" I ask my beautiful sister and reach for her hand.

"No, I'm sorry. I.. I'm just happy and sad at the same time." She says.

"Don't worry." I tell her and my eyes drift to the engagement ring on her finger.

"Are you?" I ask, pointing to the ring and she nods with a sweet smile.

"Yes." She answers and I can't help but admire the beautiful ring.

"Who?"

"Adrian." She answers and I smile.

I knew they would like each other some day, but nothing like this never crossed my mind.

"Congratulations. You're so lucky." I smile.

"Thank you. The wedding is only in two weeks and I'm so stressed right now." She says. "Sorry for not making you the maid of honor." She smiles apologetically.

"It's fine. I just came back into your life and I don't think I even deserve that."

"You do, you're my sister after all. Anyways, enough about me." She smirks and I shiver.

Whatever she's going to ask isn't good for my health.

"What would you like to know?" I ask her and she clears her throat.

"So.. how's he?" She asks with a sly smile.

"Who?" I know who she's referring to but I'll just pretend as if I know nothing.

"You know who I'm talking about Lisa."

Lisa. That sounds so sweet actually.

"I don't know Melissa."

"Fine.. how's it going between you and Joshua? I know I'm pokey but it was obvious that you liked him. Are you in a relationship now?"

"No." I exhale, "we were actually but I found Samantha in his house when we were about to go on a date, so I had to end things with him." I explain.

"I'm sorry about that." She says and I shake my head.

"I still love him though and he loves me too. I just don't know what to do with him now."

"I see, whatever you decide, just know that I'm here to support you." She smiles.

"Thanks. Anyways, let's order something to eat." I tell Melissa who looks back at the empty plate on the table and smiles sheepishly as she nods her head.

Hola!!

The girls are back together!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share with your friends!

See you in the next chapter!

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

695K 19.4K 57
Zaiden was always the people pleaser, and why wouldn't he be? he was raised that way, growing up to be a whole ass mafia leader and seen what wicked...
4.5K 192 8
He loved her from a far, he disired her, craved her but he let her go and waited for the right time to cage her in his dark world. Like a predator. T...
232K 12.8K 48
After getting betrayed in love, the happy bubbly soul Diya turned cold and lost trust. She started working at her father's office and tries to forget...
51.1K 2.3K 102
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED] What happens when you fall in love with your enemy? Well you do know what happens, your family abandons you and all...