Takes one to Know one • Taylo...

By duaflipp

"You're a cowboy like me" - Taylor Swift How did we end up here? I should have never danced in the dark with... More

2
3
4

1

153 5 0
By duaflipp

1813

I'm Taylor Alison Swift, I wish I wouldn't have to brag about myself but here I go anyways. My parents basically own everything the eye can see here. I was their only daughter so a lot is expected of me if they were to ever pass away. It's bound to happen one day but I like to imagine it never will because I can't handle 1% of what they do.

This year I will turn 18. Yes it's just number to me but this is the year where I am to look for a possible husband before I get old and monstrous. I'm not really attracted to the idea of marriage, it sounds more like prison to me. Just as I mentioned though I don't think I would be able to handle 1% of what my parents do being alone. Plus it looks sad to see a woman with no husband, a woman with no husband means there's something clearly wrong with her.

A pebble is thrown at my window causing me to stop daydreaming about my future. If anything it were a nightmare to me. I open my window to find Joe, Joe Alwyn, my best friend you can say. I've thought about Joe being a candidate for my husband.

"Good morning Ms.Swift will thy let your long hair down" he screams and bows down

I laugh out loud. He is a comedian the way he acts. I'm sure even he has thought of marrying me because I think I'm the only who truly laughs at his jokes.

"That is definitely one of the worst things you've ever said" I say

He's very handsome and he comes from good family which is all anyone needs to know to marry someone. Love isn't really found in marriage, it's why I'm not attracted to the idea. I love Joe but not in a love love kind of way. I love him as the friend he is but maybe I'll grow to love him romantically. That's what my mom says.

"Will you be attending the William's palace tonight if yes will you be my company" he asks

"Joe you could have just knocked to ask that, but yes why not it's not like you have another choice" I tease him

"I certainly do if anything you're the lucky one Swift" he says

"I doubt that" I say as I close my window

I wonder what the Williams were celebrating today. It's very strange for them to host a ball.

I walk down stairs to meet my parents who were already ready for the day sitting on the dining table.
My father reading his news paper and my mom signing who knows how many documents.

"Well look who finally decided to wake up" my father says rolling up his newspaper and putting it the side where the maid retrieves it and takes it far away. I run to him and give him a kiss on the cheek as always.

"What did I tell you about oversleeping dear?" My mother says

"It's all that partying that's got her like that" my father says

"Oh come on dad like if you weren't partying up with mom" I say

"For your information I wasn't, I was working hard to get to where I'm at something you youth do not seem to be concerned with" he says

I don't get offended by anything my dad says because he's very sarcastic so I've become immune to it plus he never means any of it. But he's right us youth don't really worry about our future because unfortunately it is already set for most of us. I don't want to be the owner of anything but because my parents are so I must be as well.

My dream is to be a writer, I love writing every little detail of my life. But unfortunately just like everything, women can't do anything that has to do with education. Luckily for me, Joe helped with that by sneaking English books into my hands.

"I know gossip is not to be spoken about while eating but why are the Williams throwing a ball?" I ask my parents

"Why didn't you ask Joe, he is very close to that family?" My mother says

"I didn't want to seem too interested" I say

"Then why are you asking?" My father says

"Well apparently they're welcoming a new family, they own a lot of world champion ponies" my mother says

I adore horse riding it's the only thing that prevents me from ripping my hair out. I take lessons everyday after I'm done with my morning chores, I also race my horse now and then. Overall it's my favorite thing to do besides writing.

"Yes they're father will be a good business partner, you should make yourself useful and befriend one of his children" my father says

"Honestly if they ride horses I assume they will be showing up to the races or lessons so maybe I will" I say

•••

After breakfast, morning chores, riding lessons, it was finally evening. It's time to get ready for the ball. I usually always wear white because it's my favorite color. My mom loves the color too because she thinks it makes my blue eyes pop out. Rita, my mom's maid knew exactly how to get dresses to fit me just right.

"You look beautiful as always dear" says Rita

"Yes but thanks to you always, you ought to come with me one day" I tell her

"Your mother would kill me but go on and enjoy the ball for me" she says

"Maybe I'll find the one right?" I joke

"Whoever gets to court you will be one lucky man" she says

I always wondered what someone meant by that. Were they to be lucky because I'm rich and beautiful? or because of my personality and beauty? There was always gossip and scandals about husbands cheating on their wives with the housemaid because she was beautiful but the only one who would get tormented and stoned were the women because they were just housemaids. They weren't rich, so maybe that's why they were treated the way they were.

"Taylor, Joe is here" my mom screams from down stairs

"I've got to go , thank you again Rita" I say
She nods.

Joe and my mother got along a little too much, I teased him all the time, telling him that he had a crush on my mom because they had so many things in common.

"Mom you should go instead" I say

Causing them to look at me surprised.

"Very funny Taylor" my mother says

"Let's go Swift" Joe says

My father comes out of nowhere and places his hand on Joes shoulder. Causing Joe to become tense. It's funny that he's afraid of my dad but then again who isn't? Well not me.

"You know what time she needs to be back Joe we trust you remember that" my father says

"Of course sir" Joe says

I'm holding in my laugh.

Once we're out my house I start hysterically laughing.

"Not funny Swift but hurry on" he says

We get on his horse carriage. Joes family is very wealthy because his father basically owns every wine shop in town since he produces it. Guess what? He's also my father's business partner. Surprising? Nope. Because of that though, Joe and I grew up together our entire life, that's why my parents trusted him.

"You're going to meet a bunch of important people right now" he says

"Really now?" I say

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Finally writing a Taylor story 🫡 if this is received well it will continue 😳 this is some historical fiction I'm trying out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
123K 6K 56
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
162K 7.9K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
207K 13.7K 19
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...