Black air sweeps across [natu...

By pttcch

黑氣席卷[天災] / Black air sweeps across [natural disaster] 作者︰金彩 https://www.xbanxia.com/books/285788.html Summer... More

Chapter 1 - 10
Chapter 11 - 20
Chapter 21 - 30
Chapter 31 - 40
Chapter 51 - 60
Chapter 61 - 69

Chapter 41 - 50

479 4 0
By pttcch

Chapter 41

"Are you sure there is really a big dog on the mountain?"

"Yes, boss, their big golden retriever is so fat and strong. It looks like it weighs almost 40 kilograms. That whole body is full of tendons. , tsk tsk... Anyway! Every time I see it, I can't stop drooling."

The one called boss is a mutant with a completely mechanized left leg, known as Hairy Left Leg. Because the location of the mutation is quite special, this person wanted to highlight his mechanized superiority. Simply cut off the left trouser leg from the root of the thigh down.

Judging from the visual effect, this man's pants covered his buttocks and right leg. The silver-white left leg is clearly exposed in front of others, looking like I've undergone an extraordinary transformation.

Look at *小{说, Jia weixin) Ttangya520

's dressing style is popular among some semi-mechanized people.

Fortunately, even if winter comes, the semi-mechanized hands and feet are not afraid of the cold, thus avoiding the possibility of these fools catching a cold. However, this trend is particularly unfriendly to people whose chests, backs, buttocks and other special parts are mechanized.

Mao's left leg was now sitting in a simple wooden house made of wood.

There is a long table and bench inside the wooden house. There is a counter against the wall, and behind the counter is a row of drinks. From the looks of it, this is a simple tavern.

The tavern was now filled with various cyborgs. They drank heavily, ate meat, and talked about how happy they were hunting robots during the day. Really unhappy.

Ma Sanzi, who was reporting to Mao Left Leg, was extremely envious when he saw the other party directly displaying his thick, shiny silver legs.

Sure enough, mechanized people are really handsome. It's a joke for someone like him who only has a mechanized middle finger on his right hand. If I show off to others and raise my mechanized middle finger, I'm afraid I'll be beaten into a pig's head.

As soon as Ma Sanzi finished speaking, many cyborgs at the same table laughed.

"Bragging, you Ma Sanzi. Who keeps pets these days! Don't kill them and eat them."

Seeing everyone in the tavern laughing, Ma Sanzi was very unconvinced. It's just that these people are all mechanized mutants with one arm or one leg, and he doesn't dare to compete with them to see who is tougher. He could only stick to his words in a low voice.

"Okay, okay. I'll find someone to explore the road. If there is really a big dog, bring it over and replenish the health of the brothers tomorrow night!" "

Okay..." Hearing that there is meat to eat, Everyone immediately started cheering.

It stands to reason that they, the cyborgs, have no shortage of meat. But haven’t you eaten dog meat in half a year? There are no wild dogs or cats as prey in the mountains. At this time, dog and cat meat had become a rarity.

——It

was just after 8 o'clock in the evening. Because there is no water and electricity on the top of the mountain, and winter has begun in the past few days, the weather has cooled down. Many people have dinner before the sun goes down and then hide under the covers.

Fortunately for them during the summer solstice, they had a cave where they could light a fire to keep warm.

At this moment, they were all warming themselves up by the fire in the cave, chatting about their future plans.

Half a month has passed since that big night invasion.

In the past half month, except for Vincent's rush to buy mutation potion, almost none of them had gone down the mountain. On the night of the summer solstice, I quietly and quickly went to check out the places on the mountainside, and came back immediately after confirming the situation outside.

Things are getting a little hard to accept outside.

Some of the cyborg mutants living on the mountainside have been completely controlled by the suddenly powerful force, and are drifting away. They think they are superior to others. In addition to hunting mechanical bodies every day, he drinks alcohol, looks for beauties, and eats meat. It's like living a drunken life.

The other kind that went to the extreme began to advocate the supremacy of machinery. He believes that mechanization is the correct direction for human evolution. In fact, they began to vaguely feel that the mechanical body was the end of human evolution, and they thought about turning themselves into complete robots all day long. These people will intercept part of the mechanical bodies they hunt to see if they can fully mechanize themselves.

Except for these two people, the rest are cyborgs with normal mentality. These people are generally not very mechanized. Basically, the mutation was caused by the mutation potion.

"The current situation is that we have no worries about food and drink. We also have plenty of fuel. As for winter clothes, not many were dug out from the ruins. If the temperature continues to drop in the future, it will be difficult to spend the night on the top of the mountain."

Vincent is temporarily responsible for the management of the entire team's materials. When escaping from the resort, everyone carried a lot of food in their backpacks. These things are not consumed much in this half month. Because on the top of the mountain, they can hunt. There is also an unpolluted water source on the top of the mountain. These things greatly ensured their lives.

"But the situation in the middle of the mountain is not that good." Fatty Bai, a serious Internet enthusiast, said without raising his head, staring at the screen of his mobile phone.

"Let me tell you, let's not go down the mountain. Didn't Captain Hu send a message to Xia Zhi, reminding us not to run down the mountain recently?" "Why doesn't the

base care about those swollen cyborgs? Humph, there are cyborgs. What a big deal." Fatty Liu muttered softly.

Xia Zhi's hand kept patting her sleeping daughter. Finally, he said: "It depends on the situation! Just be patient. I believe there will be results without waiting long."

But it doesn't take long for the base to implement new measures. But before that, someone was seeking death and reaching the top of the mountain.

At ten o'clock in the evening, who's on time? Tonight it's Xia Zhi's turn to be on duty. She directly took out the quilt, covered her head, and sat not far from the fire. Watch the fire and be alert for any movement outside the cave.

Therefore, when someone approached the cave for about a few dozen meters, Xia Zhi had already discovered the traces of these people without having to use up his mental energy.

There were three people coming, and all three of them were cyborgs. Because their mechanical fingers, mechanical collarbones, and mechanical fists are particularly conspicuous on the mountains at night.

These three people probably don't regard them who live in the mountains as ordinary people!

Xia Zhi was amused. At this moment, she didn’t know that these people’s target was KK. And when I heard the owner of the mechanical finger pointing at the entrance of his cave and muttering the words "The big dog is in that cave". Xia Zhi felt that these people really needed a lesson.

She raised her hand, revealing the crossbow hidden under her clothes, and taught these three audacious men a lesson.

However, he finally put his hand down. Then he said to KK, who had opened his eyes and was full of vigilance, "KK, those people are here to trouble you. Why don't you go meet them for a while?"

KK has been in a safe environment, and Xia Zhi wants to take a look. When it faces a human attack, will the two mechanized front paws appear again?

After listening to Xia Zhi's words, KK stood up eagerly. Under the cover of darkness, he rushed towards the three sneaking figures silently.

The three people didn't find KK at first. They were discussing how to enter the cave. Are you arrogantly going into a cave to rob? It's better to sneak in secretly, tie up the dog and run away.

The base still strictly controls robbery and murder. Unless absolutely necessary, they would not dare to provoke the base. After all, many of those soldiers are mechanized.

Before they could come to a conclusion, KK jumped up to one of the people who wanted to tie him up and knocked him down. He opened his mouth wide and bit the man's arm.

Thanks to KK's reserve of strength, he only left two bloody wounds on his opponent.

The remaining two people finally reacted. One waved his mechanical fist and the other raised his mechanical middle finger and attacked KK. While attacking, he cursed: "This stinky dog ​​is desperate for his life. He thought we were mortals with the same body as before. After catching this meat, I will definitely eat a few more mouthfuls of meat." Hearing that these people wanted to eat

His own flesh, and that cold gleaming hand facing him. KK, who was calm at first, was completely irritated.

In the darkness, dots of blue light gradually appeared in KK's eyes. He didn't wait for the two people who attacked him to react. KK's two front paws have been transformed into mechanical paws.

From dog paws to mechanical paws, the whole process does not take more than one second. Xia Zhi saw it clearly. The long-standing doubts were finally solved.

Sure enough, when blue light appears in the eyes, KK can use some kind of power. This force will cause certain parts of the body to be covered with a layer of mechanical metal. From the visual effect, KK's claws look like they have changed from flesh claws to mechanical claws. And when KK does not need this layer of mechanical metal, he can release this state and transform back into the meat claw KK.

The transformation between these two forms is like covering the physical body with a layer of armor that protects the body. It's completely different from the semi-mechanized state outside.

This kind of free transformation of forms is the real evolution!

After figuring this out, Xia Zhi understood why Vincent's mechanization was so unstable.

After all, as a dog, KK's genetic complexity is always inferior to that of Vincent, a human.

KK can freely control the changes of his front paws today, so sooner or later Vincent will reach this point.

On the other hand, KK's mechanization only occurs on the front paws. Or will it happen to the entire body one day?

These speculations are amazing just thinking about them.

On the other end, the two thieves who were attacking KK couldn't figure it out. Why can even dogs be mechanized? They thought they were dazzled. But when he reacted, there were scratches all over his face and body.

As for the one who had two bloody holes bitten by KK before, he had already lost too much blood and fainted.

Seeing this, Xia Zhi did not stop any of KK's attacks.

In fact, when these people have the idea of ​​​​KK, they should have the same consciousness.

This world has gradually evolved into a world of the weak and the strong!

——When

Company Commander Hu received the notice from Xia Zhi and came to pick up the people, it was already noon the next day.

Seeing Captain Hu walking up the mountain road with a tired face, Xia Zhi gave him a bottle of pure water and said, "I'm so sorry for asking you to make such a trip." Captain Hu shook his head: "It doesn't matter. Anyway, I happened to be there today

. The patrol on the mountainside is nothing but a trip."

Vincent handed over the barbecue he had prepared early in the morning. Company Commander Hu was not polite to them, took it and started eating.

"I know you haven't had lunch yet. How are you? It's been too chaotic lately."

Vincent came over to inquire about the news from Captain Hu. Xia Zhi noticed that the other party didn't seem to have any signs of mechanization.

As if he understood what Xia Zhi meant, Captain Hu said very openly: "Yes, I have not experienced mechanization. Many people in our team have not changed at all." What Captain Hu did not say was that in fact, the entire base management area and military area

, Those who experienced mechanization were basically those comrades who had faced mechanical bodies in combat zones before. The rest of those using long-range weapons or in other areas have no changes.

From these few words, Xia Zhi felt more and more that the semi-mechanized state outside was not the right path.

Company Commander Hu did not spend too long in the mountains. After eating something, he carried the three mud-like cyborgs and walked towards the gathering place.

As he walked, he looked down at the three in his hands. His face was covered with scratches, his face was pale, and he was breathing out more than he was breathing in. It was estimated that if the murder had not been discovered, Captain Hu estimated that these three people would not still be alive.

However, it was not a pity for him. He has seen too many people like this in the past half month.

Those who dare to shake just because they suddenly have more strength will have no future.

Watching Captain Hu leave, Xia Zhi lowered his head and glanced at the screen of his phone. There is a message from Company Commander Hu. There is also a message from Teacher He in Central City.

Sure enough, there will be big moves at the base.

——That

night, it was still the same shabby tavern. Mao Zuoshan had been waiting here and there all day, but could not get any information from his three subordinates. He was drinking wine with an angry face.

At this moment, the cyborgs who heard him say that he wanted to treat dog meat to him last night happily walked up to him and joked: "Mao Zuoshi, where is our dog meat pot? Didn't I mean to treat brothers to eat tonight?" Is it stewed with dog meat?"

"That's right! That's right! I haven't eaten dog meat for a long time. Those who come from outside don't see them bringing some rare meat." "Hey, the base outside doesn't have anything.

Apart from growing food well, there is nothing that can compare to our Nanming base. Look, do they have what we have?" The speaker proudly

raised his fully mechanized arm.

The muscles are well defined, and the biceps are very obvious. It can be seen that the man's arms were in a very strong state before.

"Hey, who doesn't have a mechanical body?" Others cheered and let the two compete. Instead, he exposed the matter of Mao’s left leg being treated to dog meat.

Seeing this, Mao Zuoli breathed a sigh of relief. But while he was relieved, he was also very angry.

Those three of his men are pretty badass and won't disappear for no reason. Unless it has been done by someone.

Thinking of this, Mao Left Leg became even more angry. Someone actually dared not give him Boss Mao face.

Everything that happened in the tavern was heard clearly by a young man named Liu Baoshan. He is not a customer who comes to consume, but an ordinary person who comes to sell his own wine. To be precise, it should be a quasi-mutant. His capable wife bought herself a mutation potion the day before yesterday. I heard they are already the last batch. Not again for a long time. When a man thinks about this, he feels very smart.

After returning home from the tavern, the man immediately told his new wife about the tavern. The main point is the mention of dogs.

"Hongmei, I remember you said that your previous neighbor had a dog. He still has a dog, right?" He Hongmei was cleaning

her isolation gown. After hearing her husband's question, she said nonchalantly: "Yes! It's a golden retriever. What's wrong?"

"Those people in the tavern want to eat dog meat in a pot."

He Hongmei frowned when she heard the word dog meat in a pot.

"That dog is quite sensible."

When Liu Baoshan saw this, the smile on his face became even brighter: "No matter how sensible it is, it is still someone else's dog. I was thinking that since those people in the tavern want to eat dog meat pot, we See if I can help. After all, that's what those cyborgs are."

Liu Baoshan said and gave a thumbs up. He was extremely envious of the carefree life of those cyborgs in the tavern. Thinking that one day, I can become a mutant, I feel hot in my heart. From mutants to cyborgs, it doesn't take many difficulties. Didn't he see that the woman next to him, who was much older than him, could get through this smoothly?

After he becomes a cyborg, he will definitely have to establish a good relationship with the people in the tavern.

But before that, it’s not impossible to give some gifts to those people first!

Thinking like this, Liu Baoshan raised his smile and cheered up He Hongmei.

——Xia

Zhi didn’t know that there were people who were brave enough to risk their lives and had the idea of ​​KK.

At this moment, she was discussing something with Vincent. Something that can change everyone's destiny.

"Is the news confirmed?"

Vincent was full of surprise after listening to Xia Zhi's story. According to his observations, the base is actually very capable of holding on. As long as people can enter the path of mechanization here, as long as an endless stream of machines can still appear here, Nanming Base will still be the first for the entire country, and even the entire Green River Planet.

You know, in other countries, regions and even other domestic bases, the mechanical bodies currently appearing are still the lowest mechanical insects, as well as the mechanical mice that only appeared in the past two days. Compared with the Nanming base, these mechanical bodies are simply scrap metal.

Regarding the black energy crystal contained in the advanced mechanical body, the official has not announced it yet. Therefore, the summer solstice was not mentioned to Vincent.

But just based on the superiority and particularity of the Nanming base, you can know how attractive this base is. I didn’t look at the aircraft flying overhead every day. Which one is not here to pan for gold at the Nanming base?

Xia Zhi knew that suddenly telling Vincent about leaving would definitely surprise him.

However, don’t talk about the things that Teacher He said in the text message. Just talking about the unpredictable black abyss, Xia Zhi always felt that there was something going on quietly that people ignored. Originally, she was still thinking about how to arrange it better. It's okay now. Both Teacher He and Company Commander Hu have received kind reminders.

"The news is certain. Anyway, this place is no longer suitable for us to stay. This place is definitely a treasure for those who want to become stronger. But for people like us who are raising families, it is very unstable." ?

— —In

the next three days, during the summer solstice, they were busy collecting various herbs, drying them and packing them. At the same time, hunting time is increased, and the hares, pheasants, etc. returned from hunting are made into small strips of dried meat that are easy to carry. As for the points in the account, there were not many points left, so I didn’t touch them at all.

Three days later, on a very cool day, the Nanming Base officially announced an important announcement.

"In view of the fact that the base is on the front line against mechanical bodies. It has always been in a relatively dangerous environment. And the heavily polluted base is not conducive to the survival of ordinary people. The Nanming Base now opens the evacuation channel for the base. People in need please submit an application online as soon as possible. Chapter 1 An evacuation flight will take off in 24 hours..."

Seeing that the base finally issued an evacuation notice, Xia Zhi breathed a sigh of relief. Finally, I have a chance to leave in good faith.

Many people living on the top of the mountain are ordinary people or mutants who have not yet become mechanized. Many of them smiled happily after seeing this notice. What's good here is that it allows people to become mechanized. But it's too dangerous. Most of these people have been looking for an opportunity to leave. It's just that this opportunity has been blocked before. Well now, they can finally leave.

These people quickly opened the link to the evacuation application and began to fill in their basic information.

Compared to the urgency of these people, the mutants whose limbs were mostly mechanized burst into laughter after seeing such a notice. Of course, this laughter was mixed with a lot of sarcasm.

"The base is really considerate. They actually opened flights to evacuate the base. Haha, those weaklings can finally get out."

The speaker was a strong man with completely mechanized arms. The strong man was having lunch at the supply point and was very happy to see such news coming out.

Wu Fen, who was not far away from him, frowned when he heard this.

And when he frowned, the strong man saw it. The strong man thought of how prosperous Wu Fen, who was known as the nemesis of the mechanical body, was in the days before mechanization. At that time, even if I was bigger than Wu Fen, I would not dare to provoke him. That period of time, looking back now, was really frustrating.

So, the strong man rolled his eyes: "Wu Fen, you are really lucky. Isn't this evacuation flight just for weaklings like you?"

The strong man shouted at a very loud volume, and many people were resting around him. The cyborg mutants who were eating all burst out laughing after hearing this.

"That's right! Wu Fen, you kid is really lucky." A cyborg who once admired Wu Fen shouted.

"I said Wu Fen, you're only as good as you are, so don't come to the battle zone. With your strength, you can only move bricks and clean things like ordinary people." A person who was once beaten by Wu Fen The cyborg who had learned a lesson scoffed.

The strong man's face became even more arrogant after listening to the people around him.

Now the entire combat zone in the base, unless it is officially in charge, the rest of the combat zones are basically dominated by cyborgs. Those non-mechanized mutants had long since withdrawn from the battlefield. So as not to drag senior people like them back.

Wu Fen, who was said to be the first person to mutate before, has no signs of semi-mechanization until now. It is conceivable that he is a low-level person who has been eliminated.

Such people are not worthy of fighting alongside them.

Wu Fen clearly saw the ridicule, contempt, complacency and condescension in the eyes of the people around him. However, he continued to eat very calmly, ignoring these fools who only had limbs and no heads. Anyway, the supply point is under official management, and these people don't dare to do anything here.

But then again. Such an official notice suddenly appeared, and it seemed that I had to be prepared.

Thinking this way, after finishing his meal, he walked towards the road to the mountain.

The cyborgs around him originally felt that Wu Fen's appearance just now deserved a beating. But now he left without making a sound. They all thought that the other party had been ridiculed by them and made them feel inferior. They all laughed and felt very happy.

Wu Fen listened to the laughter of these people and secretly cursed idiots.

Wu Fen, who is very aware of his own strength, noticed the changes in his own strength as early as when many people he knew in the past showed signs of mechanization.

In the past, every time he hunted a mechanical body, he would feel his strength increase a little. It is because his strength can be increased that he actively hunts down mechanical bodies. But when this kind of power accumulated too much in his body, Wu Fen slowly noticed something was wrong with his body. The accumulated power seemed to be out of control.

It was at that time that he threw his weapon at the giant mechanical rat, causing the opponent to go crazy. A series of things happened after that. However, Wu Fen has no regrets. Because of this impulse, he met the hero Chang Mucang.

He was very keen on his own strength, and he realized that after the appearance of the hero Changmucang, the violent force in his body had been slightly controlled. It was very subtle, but he noticed it.

So, he decided to follow the savior, the hero Changmucang. This life-saving was not only because the other party had nailed the giant mechanical rat to death, but also because of the other party's existence, which allowed him to gradually control the out-of-control power in his body.

——

Of course, Xia Zhi didn't know about the little Jiujiu in Wu Fen's heart.

Their entire team filled out the registration form online immediately after the base evacuation channel was opened. Everyone will choose the same destination at the end of filling out the form - Central City.

The destination for this evacuation application can be chosen by yourself or randomly. Those who choose themselves need to pay certain supplies to the destination after landing. If you choose a random destination, you can settle at the destination without paying any supplies.

After submitting, Vincent looked at Xia Zhi and received a slight nod of confirmation.

Their group will evacuate to Central City together. Teacher He from Central City said he would be responsible for solving the material problems after landing.

After hearing what the other party said, Xia Zhi became even more worried about her husband He Tiansheng.

What kind of task would make a busy person like Mr. He care about himself, the family of a researcher and his family's friends?

He Tiansheng, who is far away in the Northwest Base, does not know what is happening in the outside world.

In fact, since three months ago, their entire R&D team has been under fully closed management. The purpose is to complete this secret mission as soon as possible. At the same time, there is another important reason why R&D personnel, technical workers, equipment workers, etc. cannot contact their families or the outside world.

If people outside knew about it, it would cause a storm.

——Xia

Zhi originally thought that there would be many people applying to evacuate this time. After all, cyborgs are mainly concentrated in the group that fights machines head-on. In the entire base, mutants still account for the largest number of people. Apart from eating, they are just ordinary people.

But when she saw the official evacuation flight schedule the next day, she still sighed deeply.

It turns out that there are really so many people who want to stay in Nanming Base and fight for their lives.

"You have all received your flight information, right?"

Vincent was making final confirmations on his luggage. After seeing the flight information sent, immediately ask your companions around you.

Everyone nodded. Including Mrs. Cheng and her granddaughter who came over at some unknown time.

Coincidentally, these two people set up their tent near their cave. After learning that they could apply to evacuate the Nanming base, the two came to ask for help. I hope Xia Zhi can help me submit information online. At the same time, also inquire about their plans for Xia Zhi.

Xia Zhi did not refuse to help because of the relationship between the other party and He Hongmei. On the contrary, she has a very fond impression of the wise and tough Mrs. Cheng. When helping to fill out the application, tell them that their group will be going to Central City.

Old Mrs. Cheng immediately understood the subtext of the Summer Solstice and immediately stated that the destination of their ancestors and grandchildren was also Central City. As for the supplies that need to be handed over after arrival, the old lady is responsible for herself.

Of course Xia Zhi would not hesitate to help such an old lady who could carry things clearly.

He Hongmei arrived in the grass near the cave just as these people were happily preparing to set off.

She was accompanied by her husband of three months, Liu Baoshan. Liu Baoshan had just succeeded in his mutation at this moment, and it was a time of great satisfaction.

When he saw the big golden retriever following those people, his eyes lit up.

"Hongmei, that's the big dog, right? Oh my goodness! This big guy really has a better life than me!" As he said, Liu Baoshan pushed He Hongmei: "Hongmei,

You go and get close to them. I'll lure the dog away while they're not paying attention."

He Hongmei looked at her daughter greedily as if she couldn't hear the man's words. She knew that her mother-in-law would take good care of her daughter. So selfishly I chose to live a new life.

Seeing her daughter and Xia Zhi's daughter happily holding hands, she suddenly felt as if she had missed something. The man next to him kept chattering. Normally, He Hongmei might think that young men are full of energy. But now, she only thinks that the other party is noisy.

Xia Zhi had long noticed the pull between the two.

Seeing that the other party had no intention of coming, she pretended not to notice them. After checking their luggage for the last time, everyone carried their belongings on their backs. Xia Zhi picked up her daughter and tied her to her chest with a newly made sling. Lao Mo took the rope around KK's neck and walked with him. Others helped each other, those who carried the luggage, those who supported the old man, and they soon walked down the mountain road. Walking towards the military airport where the plane was parked.

"Hongmei, they are leaving now..." Liu Baoshan urged anxiously.

But He Hongmei ignored him. Just looking at her daughter's back, she didn't know what she was thinking.

——The

military apron, which is usually not visited by ordinary people, now has several small aircraft parked there. This aircraft can carry more than a hundred passengers at a time. It is currently the largest aircraft that can be parked on this apron.

Xia Zhi and others left the cave and walked for 5 hours before reaching the mountain peak where the military zone is located. After arriving at the designated location, they only had ten minutes to repair and were immediately arranged to board the plane. The whole process was very fast and efficient, even rushed.

This made Xia Zhi, who had just gotten on the plane, feel a little strange.

They had just sat down, and many people in the cabin were staring at KK and talking. Those eyes really mean everything. However, Xia Zhi doesn't care about this. She focused more on the outside of the cabin.

Outside the cabin, many people were boarding the plane quickly. At the airport where many fighter jets should have been parked, there were only a few transport aircraft left at this time.

The plane took off quickly at the designated time. The entire takeoff process went very smoothly.

After taking off, the field of vision widens. On the summer solstice, I discovered something unusual about the entire base. Today, it seems that the number of robots appearing is very small.

Looking down from high in the air, I saw sporadic mechanical bodies appearing in the entire battle zone. The number was not large, and it was not even as dense as when the mechanical rats appeared before.

This kind of unusualness is always worrying.

But Xia Zhi couldn't feel any movement in the black abyss. From time to time, black energy would billow in the usual abyss of black energy. But today, it was as calm as a pool of stagnant water. This kind of calmness is not like the dead silence before the previous black gas eruption. Xia Zhi couldn't tell what the situation was.

When she feels unreliable, Xia Zhi wants to rely on her eyesight. Because she cared so much, her eyes even started to glow blue.

Fortunately, she was leaning against the plane window and looking out without exposing her eyes to others.

Xia Zhi also discovered his abnormality immediately. She did not take back the sudden surge of power. Instead, try to focus your power on your eyes. This kind of precise control of power was unprecedented before.

Gradually, when his eyes accumulated strength and emitted a faint blue light, Xia Zhi also saw clearly the situation in the black abyss.

The abyss of black air that usually blocks sight, blocks countless instruments, and blocks countless human explorations. For the first time, its true appearance is shown in front of the summer solstice.

On the dilapidated road and black land, there are mechanical trees, mechanical weeds, mechanical flowers and trees, mechanical rats, mechanical rabbits, mechanical cats, mechanical dogs, and even mechanical men. To be precise, it is a robot with a mechanized head and still some organic parts in its limbs. In addition, there are black cocoons hanging on the ground, on street lamps, and outside buildings.

Just a glimpse, Xia Zhi's brain was like a computer, receiving many scenes. And because of such an opportunity, she saw huge masses of black energy brewing. Because these black air masses are wrapped in the entire black air abyss, this is something that cannot be known by feeling at the beginning of Xia Zhi.

Near these mechanical groups, there are robots standing one after another. They don't know what they are doing.

"Who is..."

A familiar mechanical voice seemed to sound in a distant place. Xia Zhi immediately withdrew her gaze, trying to regain control of her eyes. However, this time it failed.

The robot that had just finished drinking and talking raised its head and looked at the outside sky that was isolated by the energy field.

There, a plane was flying over.

"Professor Lin, what are you looking at! It's just an airplane, and it's not like we've never been on it before."

Lin Qiang rotated his mechanical head 180° and looked at the speaker: "It seemed like someone was peeping just now." "

Hey, peeping? Where? It's possible. Not to mention the energy field, the black air floating outside is enough to prevent those humans from knowing what we are doing." The

middle-aged robot said, his blue eyes full of contempt: "Yes. I said, when we are fully mechanized, we can just attack them directly. In other words, you are dawdling and planning."

Lin Qiang looked at these black air masses that were slowly growing. According to his calculations, these black air masses still have 48 hours to fully explode. In the entire Black Qi Abyss, there are more than just a few black Qi groups like them. Instead, there are countless black air masses brewing.

When he was still a human, he was very curious about the surge of black energy. But when he was able to freely travel through the black air abyss, he felt that this thing could not be explained scientifically.

On the contrary, mechanizing people into robots is more meaningful for research.

Thinking of this, he looked at the Nanming Mountain Peaks on the opposite side. He knew exactly how many humans lived there. He hoped that the last major invasion plan would achieve good results. Otherwise, this life would be too boring.

On the day when the plan succeeds, he must drag out the old guy Li Weimin, pluck out his hands and legs, leaving only his body, and then turn him into a robot. Take apart some parts from his body every day. When you're done playing it, you can connect his head to the mechanical dog and let him become a dog beside you.

This is the good thing about becoming a mechanical life. As long as the black energy crystal in the head is not taken out, you can live forever.

Haha, thinking about it this way, Lin Qiang feels very happy. It seems that life like this is now enjoyable.

——The

plane flew very smoothly all the way, and even the occasional flock of birds was not seen.

The atmosphere in the cabin is very relaxed, but Xia Zhi is completely different from everyone else.

Especially as time went by, she became more and more uncomfortable with the black abyss. The heaviness that hadn't been there when I left was now beginning to appear.

Before she could observe the changes in the black air abyss again, Central City Airport arrived.

Xia Zhi could only put her worries in her heart and get off the plane with her family and friends first.

It was at this time that Xia Zhi discovered that there were several acquaintances on the plane. For example, Wu Fen and Manager Bai’s family of three.

As soon as we got off the plane, someone greeted us.

"Hello, Miss Xia, I am Xiao Xu, Director He's assistant. I will take you to go through the landing procedures first. The Director should meet with you later after the meeting." Xia Zhi listened to the other party's words and nodded to express understanding

.

Manager Bai's family and Mrs. Cheng's family followed the large group as soon as they got off the plane. Wu Fen, who was resigned to death, carried his big package very naturally and followed behind Fatty Bai and Fatty Liu.

When Vincent saw this, he didn't know what he thought of, and finally acquiesced to the other party's operation.

The group quickly settled in the central city base and did not encounter anything special. Even many residents of the Central City Base did not know that the first batch of people from the Nanming Base had arrived.

A total of more than 100 flights took off from the Nanming base that day. Most of these planes come from other bases to pick up people. While picking up people, they will also keep people from their base who are interested in staying at Nanming Base. Not surprisingly, these people left behind are all mutants who are eager to try out mechanized bodies.

Thanks to this exchange of personnel, the entire personnel evacuation process was very smooth.

Newly arrived outsiders at the Nanming base were full of curiosity as they looked at the base, which was filled with black air and where mechanical plants had appeared. Especially when seeing those mutants with mechanized limbs, there was very obvious ambition in everyone's eyes.

Of course, Xia Zhi doesn’t know these things yet.

At this time, she had just spent the afternoon doing repairs at her residence. In the evening, I successfully met with He Mingzhi. The two discussed a lot of things together, and when He Mingzhi left, it was already around 10 o'clock in the evening.

And when Xia Zhi and the others began to work hard to adapt to life in Central City, 48 hours after they left the Nanming base, the black energy broke out again without warning.

Chapter 42

"Woo...Woo...Woo..."

The distinctive harsh sound of the air defense siren continued to ring throughout the sky.

Xia Zhi stood on the balcony of his residence with his arms folded, looking at the rolling black abyss in the distance. This level of black energy surge is unprecedented. The black air rushed up from the abyss very quickly. Before people could react, they had already jumped from 4 meters to 5 meters or 6 meters.

When people thought that the black air would remain the same as before and stop when it increased by two meters. But soon, people discovered that the black energy only paused for a second. Then it climbs again. This time the climb was faster.

So when the siren blared, people didn't hesitate to grab their gas masks and put them on. In the meantime, follow emergency guidance to avoid danger. All work is proceeding in an orderly manner.

When the black gas climbed to a height of 100 meters, people were still praying that the black gas would not continue to rise.

And when the black gas jumped from 100 meters to a height of nearly 500 meters in one breath, people were completely numb.

The entire Flower Kingdom and the entire Green River Star watched helplessly as the black air exploded from a mere 4 meters to nearly 500 meters. The living area of ​​human beings has been compressed again.

Compared to the despair of human beings, in the black air abyss, countless mechanical bodies jumped up and down with joy after seeing the speed of the black air expansion... Such a day is what the mechanical bodies, especially the robots, have been waiting for a long time

. They couldn't wait to move towards the newly expanded area. There, there are results waiting for their acceptance.

——Time

goes back to 48 hours ago, to the battle zone of Nanming Base.

Mao raised his silver-white mechanical leg with his left leg and kicked the approaching mechanical dog away. He made a hissing sound from his mouth and looked very high-profile. Ma Sanzi beside him rushed over and picked up the kicked mechanical dog. He nodded and bowed to Mao's left leg and said,

"Boss, here it is."

He looked at Ma Sanzi and then at the mechanical puppy in his hand. Mao Zuoliu suddenly thought about the dog meat stew and kicked Ma Sanzi angrily: "You stinky boy are really useless. You can't even get a meat dog, but you sent it to the patrol team."

When Ma Sanzi heard this, he begged for mercy with a bitter look on his face: "Boss, boss. It's not that my third son is useless. It's that the dog is abnormal. It's a semi-mechanical dog." Thinking of the power of that golden retriever, Ma

Sanzi He looked at his only mechanical middle finger with great inferiority.

While the two were talking, the first small plane flew quickly across the sky. Mao Left Leg knew that these were cowards who wanted to evacuate the base. My mood became cheerful again.

"Forget it, forget about the dog. Be smarter from now on. I heard that after those cowards leave, the rules here will change. Then it will be our world..." Not far away, Liu Baoshan was hunting with him

. He Hongmei, who killed the robot, heard the conversation between these two people clearly.

She knows more than Hairy Left Leg. Among the people on the first plane that took off were her old woman and daughter. And the dog that Mao Left Leg wanted.

As more and more planes take off, there are also very few mechanical bodies in the combat zone today. Many cyborgs present gathered together in twos and threes, pointing at the aircraft in the sky.

These people have more or less relatives and friends who left during this evacuation. But basically no one feels reluctant to part with it. There was only excitement and ecstasy on everyone's face. Because they heard that after these weaklings leave, the base will implement a new policy that is beneficial to cyborgs.

In the past, He Hongmei, like them, consciously became a mutant and became superior to others after becoming a cyborg. But this time, for some reason, looking at the enthusiasm and excitement in these people's eyes, He Hongmei suddenly felt that something was wrong with these people. She felt this was wrong. But what is true pairing?

When these cyborgs talk in the combat zone. They had no idea that their every move was being watched by countless pairs of eyes emitting blue light.

——

"The smiles on these idiots' faces are really ugly. Professor Lin, are you sure these things really qualify as robots?"

One of them looked like he had a particularly big head, with a large piece of his face missing, exposing his mechanical gums. The robot followed Lin Qiang and looked towards the battle zone with him.

There are many humans with mechanical limbs there, displaying their mechanical limbs wantonly. Mechanical limbs should be matched with a mechanical head. This is the perfect robot. These semi-mechanized humans on the other side are simply failures.

The middle-aged robot thought so and said so.

"Binzi, you are wrong to think that way. There is also a process to mechanization. How can anyone transform from a human into a robot in one fell swoop? Although these people don't seem very smart, they are very useful knives. There are still more than 40 hours before the black energy will erupt again. By then, these will be very good materials..."

This middle-aged man named He Bin, whose full name is Lin Hebin. It was the owner on the fourth floor who was still in Shengfei Community a few months ago and wanted to forcefully rent Xia Zhi's house.

This man's gums have been exposed since his face melted with blood infected with a large amount of black gas during the robbery.

He was later sent to the base's Black Gas Research Institute, and was supposed to be the first candidate to be given up by Lin Qiang, the director at the time. However, I don’t know if it’s because of the special price comparison due to the location of the injury, or if Lin Hebin has good compatibility with Heiqi. Anyway, there were four people who were sent in together. Lin Hebin is the only one who shows mechanized characteristics.

After that, Lin Hebin became Lin Qiang's experimental subject. Of course, as a self-made transportation boss. Lin Hebin himself is a ruthless person. After learning about his changes, he immediately agreed to Lin Qiang's proposal without hesitation.

And later helped Lin Qiang escape from the base's supervision.

Although the helicopter was shot down by the base during the escape. But they also got a blessing in disguise and entered a whole new world.

Lin Hebin thought that as a robot like himself, he could be said to have achieved immortality. On this basis, he is ready to pursue power and status again.

But for a robot like him, there are not even 100,000 people in the Black Qi Abyss.

Therefore, he still followed a scientific researcher like Lin Qiang. I want to get a chance to gain a position of power.

And the opportunity is right in front of you.

——There

are still 38 hours before the black gas outbreak. In a small dormitory building at the base of the central city, the summer solstice welcomes He Mingzhi, the director of the black gas research institute.

This dormitory building used to be the school building of a closed middle school on the mountain. Before the black gas outbreak, this place was used as a residence for residents. This time Xia Zhi came with friends and was assigned two 6-person dormitories. Among them, she, her daughter, Lao Mo and KK stayed in the same room. The remaining people lived in another room.

Although the rooms in this kind of middle school dormitory are not large, they have balconies, toilets and showers, which are very convenient. The interior of the dormitory has already been divided into two rooms by several plastic boards.

This kind of residence is currently the norm for residents throughout the central city.

"How's it going? You're getting used to it! Have you eaten?"

The last time Xia Zhi and He Mingzhi met was when they got married. As He Tiansheng's teacher and distant uncle, He Mingzhi attended their wedding. After that, because we were in different places and working in different places, we didn’t see each other very often.

Unexpectedly, one day the two of them would meet under such circumstances.

"Teacher, you sit down first and I'll pour you tea."

"Stop working, I just came over to see if you have settled in here."

Xia Zhi also guessed that this was the purpose of the other party's visit. Especially since He Tiansheng lost contact for almost half a year. Among the people who know He Tiansheng's whereabouts and mission content, He Mingzhi is one of them.

Taking advantage of this opportunity, Xia Zhi has some things that he needs to ask clearly in person.

"Teacher, thank you very much for your help this time. Although I know there are some things I cannot ask, but I still want to know how Tian Sheng is doing now? Can his safety be guaranteed?" He Mingzhi was not surprised by Xia Zhi's question

. He looked out the window at the black abyss that looked even darker and more terrifying under the setting sun, and sighed slowly: "There is only one thing I can tell you. For now, Tiansheng is safe." Hearing "

For now" these four words, Xia Zhi's face became ugly.

Sure enough, that secret mission must have a certain degree of danger.

Read=Novel(Jia Weixin~@xiamu

"When can he come back?"

He Mingzhi thought of the progress of the task mentioned in today's meeting, and a smile appeared on his face.

"If everything goes well, the task will be completed in a while." ."

After hearing such an unclear answer, Xia Zhi finally felt a little relieved. It's better to have an answer than no answer. It would be great to come back!

After asking this most important question, Xia Zhi began to ask He Mingzhi about the black She didn't dare to explain it

too clearly. She just said that when she left the Nanming base by plane today, she found that the number of mechanical bodies was greatly reduced. I don't know if it has something to do with the changes in the black air.

After just mentioning that, other Xia Zhi She said no more. With the capabilities of the Black Energy Research Institute, she believed that the other party would definitely have a way to obtain more data.

Sure enough, after leaving the dormitory, He Mingzhi directly called his assistant Xiao Xu.

And Xia Zhi at home, because of her hearing loss, It was so good that I heard a few words from He Mingzhi on the phone.

For example, the number of mechanical bodies, the dynamics of black energy, the recovery of armor-piercing projectiles...

The armor-breaking projectiles showed their power in the last battle. Suddenly I heard that this thing is still needed Recycling, Xia Zhi felt very strange.

At this moment, Xia Zhi didn’t know that the source of the armor-piercing bomb was the Great Northwest Research Base. The original developer of this thing was none other than her husband He Tiansheng. Because of Xia Zhi’s reminder ,

He Mingzhi didn't rest. He learned from other bases that the mechanical body had changed again overnight. Without thinking about it, he reported the situation to the big boss that night. So,

less than 24 hours after leaving Nanming Base on Xia Zhi, the Central City Base Many orders were issued to major bases across the country. Among them was the Nanming Base, which was enjoying a carnival.

It was this overnight notification that ultimately saved many base residents. It also affected the final battle situation on the other hand. .

——The

time returned to the present.

Xia Zhi looked at the abyss of black energy that was rushing so high, and simply didn’t know what to say. Although he had long sensed that something big was about to happen, such a large-scale black energy outbreak was still unexpected. Fortunately

, because the base had prepared a plan, the personnel fled to safety very quickly. However, in the area below 500 meters above sea level, there are not only a few residential areas and commercial areas. There are also most farmland , fruit trees, poultry breeding, water conservancy facilities, storage areas, etc. I don’t know how many supplies can be rescued in such an emergency.

Xia Zhi looked at the black abyss that had gradually stabilized and sighed deeply. With the explosion of black air on this scale, if it happens again a few more times, human beings are afraid that they will become extinct.

The only good news may be that there are very few casualties!

Soon, Xia Zhi knew that he still underestimated the IQ of some people.

When After the black air stabilized, major bases across the country successively announced the damage situation.

Xia Zhi was sitting in her new home, drinking milk tea, and looking at the damage statistics table posted on her mobile phone. Then, she was surprised to find that major bases across the country The losses suffered were mainly in terms of supplies. Because of the deviation in the early estimates, no one expected that the black air would soar to a height of 500 meters. As a result, many supplies were not transferred out immediately. Another one

is the many terraces with slightly lower altitudes. During a sudden surge of black energy, he was completely swallowed up by the black energy. Even if it is not swallowed up by the black air, next year's spring plowing will no longer produce food due to the close to the black air.

Of course, when such bad news appears, the good news is that most bases have very few casualties. Also because the casualty figures at these bases were too low, the hundreds of missing people at the Nanming base stood out.

After the news was announced, many people were asking why hundreds of people were missing from the Nanming base.

Where are all these people going?

Could it be possible that he was really swallowed up by the black energy?

When the black air broke out, weren't they already notified in advance to evacuate as soon as possible?

Countless questions hit the official account of Nanming Base.

Office of the Base Director of Nanming Base.

When the disaster statistics were compiled, base director Zhao Zengguang felt dazzling when he looked at the hundreds of missing people. The number of missing persons or casualties at other bases across the country remains in double digits. And their base is about to exceed a thousand.

The comparison was so brutal that Zhao Zengguang couldn't figure out where these people had gone. Moreover, the hundreds of missing people are all cyborgs.

"These people should not be unaware of the early warning notice from the base."

Commander Li directly gave his thoughts after seeing that the missing people were all cyborgs.

"Of course I know that these people must have disappeared on purpose. The question is, where did these people go? They can't really go into the black abyss!"

Base Commander Zhao did not expect that his unintentional words would actually it is true. The hundreds of missing people really ran into the black abyss.

To be precise, these people did not run to high ground as soon as possible when they received the black gas warning notice. Instead, they headed towards the area where the black air was surging.

You want to ask why?

These people said that they wanted to evolve, speed up mechanization, and become a higher class person.

To talk about the reasons for these people's abnormal behavior, we have to start with the hairy left leg.

After watching the weaklings from the base retreat by plane that day, Mao Left Leg happily followed his brothers to a tavern for a drink.

The regular customers of the tavern are a group of fanatics who pursue mechanization and power. Now that the weaklings have left, everyone is very excited when they hear that the base will soon implement a new policy that favors cyborgs.

It was in this warm atmosphere that someone said something: "I heard that the more black energy is infected, the higher the degree of mechanization."

As soon as this sentence came out, the entire lively tavern became deserted for a second. Then, bursts of incredible gasping sounds erupted.

"How is that possible?"

The people in the tavern stopped drinking and bragging. Everyone, look at me and I'll look at you. Then there was an expression of disbelief and excitement on his face.

Everyone present knows each other and has been hunting robots together for a long time. No one knows who the other is!

Almost all of them were mutated using mechanical ants. Before the mutation, many people were severely infected with black energy. After mechanization, they often come to combat zones to hunt robots without wearing protective clothing or gas masks. The reason for not wearing isolation suits and gas masks is because the mechanical body is too flexible and powerful. Even if you wear protective clothing and a gas mask, it will be easily destroyed by the machine.

They really didn't expect that black energy had anything to do with mechanization.

However, looking back now, it seems that since they stopped wearing protective clothing and gas masks, they have become more mechanized.

Moreover, the reason why they were able to mechanize was because of the large-scale invasion of machines that day, the protective equipment on their bodies was destroyed, and they became mechanized after direct contact with a large amount of black energy.

After such derivation, these cyborgs who thought they were smart came to a conclusion. That is, more exposure to black energy = greater mechanization.

At this moment, everyone's hearts became hot. Some people even came up with the idea of ​​going to the battle zone tomorrow to take a few more breaths of black air.

However, wait until they take action. The next morning, the base directly informed everyone to stay home as much as possible today to prevent any changes.

However, such a notice is nonsense in the minds of this group of cyborgs who fanatically pursue mechanization.

After reading the notice from the base, Mao Left Leg simply sighed: "The leader of our base is also a weakling. A weakling will hide when there is a problem. I don't care what you think, I, Old Mao, will definitely do it today." You need to take a few more breaths of black air. Anyway, this black air won’t suck people to death.”

It was Mao Left Leg’s stimulating words that made some people who had retreated hold on.

In this way, hundreds to thousands of people, including Mao Zuoshan, just walked to the fighting zone when the black energy broke out. Before they even had time to take two breaths of black energy, they were directly swallowed by the abyss of skyrocketing black energy.

Ma Sanzi, who was several hundred meters behind them, saw this and ran away screaming with his hands and feet. I don't even care if I lose my shoes. All he knew was that thousands of people like Mao Zuozhen were going to die today.

Ma Sanzi's idea is right or wrong.

Yes, because at the moment when these thousands of people were swallowed by the black energy abyss, there were more than 600 people. Their genes could not tolerate the influx of too much black energy in an instant, and they were directly dissolved by the black energy. However, their mechanical limbs were intact and fell into the melted flesh.

Not only do these mechanical limbs lose their color after leaving the human body. On the contrary, they appear particularly bright under the influence of a large amount of black air. It seems that it has been recently maintained.

The remaining two hundred or so people were also wrapped in a large amount of black energy. However, these people are lucky, God will provide them with food. Genes can adapt to the large infusion of black energy. Therefore, they were wrapped in a large amount of black energy, forming black cocoons.

This is what Lin Qiang saw when he brought Lin Hebin and more than thirty robots over.

It turned out that there were more than 200 black cocoons lying in the combat zone of Nanming Base. Not far away, there are mechanical limbs, mechanical torsos, etc. scattered here. As for those flesh and blood, they have been completely melted by the black energy and turned into cosmic dust.

"Why are there only these few people?"

Lin Qiang has been busy studying the black air mass for the past two days and has not paid much attention to the Nanming base. Anyway, the seeds were already planted during the last invasion of the Nanming base, and they were just waiting to bear fruit. Then he comes to check and accept the results.

But now, why are there only so few people in the combat zone? Even if hundreds of people are integrated, there will still be more than 200 cocoons. Where are the remaining cocoons?

Lin Qiang is not the only one who has this question. The other robots who followed him had the same idea.

"Let's go up there and take a look."

The large-scale expansion of the Black Qi Abyss was in that person's expectation. According to the plan, after the abyss expands this time, a large number of humans will be directly harvested by the black energy. Either it will be melted by the black energy, or it will turn into a black cocoon. When the cocoon is broken, it will be the day when the robot army increases.

However, the ideal is beautiful, but the reality is skinny.

More than twenty robots spent several hours walking through the entire six peaks of the Nanming base that were newly included in the black air. As a result, there were only more than two hundred black cocoons. The rest found nothing.

"Why?" Lin Qiang had a wrong intuition and immediately used the robot's communication frequency to contact the robots stationed in other bases.

These companions gained less, only a few black cocoons.

"Lin Qiang, I really envy you. You probably harvested millions of black cocoons at the Nanming base this time, right! It's better to have a brain like yours, which was once a professor. You proposed such a plan at that time. You! Just wait for that Reward!"

Listening to the envious voice on the other end of the communicator, Lin Qiang turned to look at the more than two hundred black cocoons still lying in the battle zone. For a moment, I didn't know what to say.

That's obviously not the plan.

Obviously according to the plan, the last time a large number of forces were gathered to invade the Nanming base, it had two purposes.

The first purpose is of course to invade and kill more humans.

The second purpose is more important. That is to make more humans infected with black energy.

The machines that fought against humans at that time all stored a large amount of black energy in their bodies. If humans cannot be eradicated, they will be eradicated by humans instead. The black energy in these mechanical bodies will flow out immediately after death. Infect the nearest human being. As long as the more black energy humans are infected with, the faster they will mechanize.

Of course, Lin Qiang himself does not like this natural mechanization process. He prefers to use scientific means to mechanize people.

Although that invasion plan failed to wipe out many humans, many mechanical bodies also died. Six fully mechanized tigers were lost. But the results are gratifying.

Many humans have become mechanized.

These mechanized humans are still complacent and think this is a good thing. Little did they know that this was honey wrapped in poison.

Lin Qiang thought about it at that time. If these cyborgs were to be swallowed directly by the abyss of black energy on the day when the black energy surged. Well, it won't take long for these people to become robots.

When the number of robots increases, it is time for them to counterattack humans and seize more living space.

But now, there are only more than two hundred black cocoons. Including other bases, I don't know if the total can exceed 300. This result made Lin Qiang's legs weak.

His legs were weak not because of anything, but because the plan failed.

This time the plan was proposed by him. It was his suggestion to use all the power of the mechanical body to invade the Nanming base and ignore other bases. Now he was really afraid of this outcome.

He is afraid that he will become the person whose head is installed in the body of a mechanical dog.

Whatever comes to mind.

Suddenly there was a sound of high heels hitting the ground behind him.

This sound made many robots tremble. The rattling sound caused by the trembling mechanical limbs directly made the battle area lively.

"Hey! This is today's harvest..."

A casual female mechanical voice, accompanied by the tapping of high heels, penetrated into the ears of the robots present.

Chapter 43:

The dazzling diamond necklace and the dove egg-like gemstone ring are worn on all ten fingers. The red dress of fine texture shimmers with golden light as she moves. The handmade red lambskin high-heeled shoes made a thumping sound when walking.

These outfits, if worn on an elegant woman, will definitely win a lot of praise.

But when these outfits are worn on a robot whose whole body is made of metal, it looks particularly funny.

Especially for this robot, the hair follicles on its head have completely degenerated due to mechanization. The hair, symbolizing the creature, has disappeared without a trace. All that is left to the robot is a smooth head that can be used as a mirror. Mechanical face, mechanical body, these cold metals, paired with fancy clothes and jewelry, look awkward no matter how you look at them.

Just like this, a female robot walked up to Lin Qiang and raised her head slightly. Before she could speak, Lin Qiang was shocked. He quickly lowered his head slightly and said respectfully: "Miss Liu..."

Lin Qiang was answered by more than a dozen mechanical dogs that sprang out of the black air.

Without exception, these mechanical dogs are all strange things made up of a robot brain and a mechanical dog body.

These mechanical dogs yelled at Lin Qiang: "Trash, trash..."

Lin Qiang and the robots following Lin Qiang were too frightened to speak when they saw Miss Liu. When he saw those dozen mechanical dogs, he was so frightened that his teeth rattled. At this time, the shortcomings of mechanization appear. The sound of the mechanical teeth clashing against each other was too loud. Ms. Liu couldn't help but giggle.

"Okay, okay! You cute little guys, stop scolding..." The

mechanical voice, coupled with the cute tone, made Lin Qiang and others tremble. It felt like the shiver function that had been lost after mechanization seemed to be revived at this moment.

The mechanical dogs immediately stopped cursing after hearing Ms. Liu's instructions. They all came close to Miss Liu's mechanical leg and rubbed against it, looking so affectionate.

It's just a mechanical dog body spliced ​​together with a robot brain, no matter how weird it looks. Among these dozen mechanical dogs, there is a very slender mechanical dog with a familiar head on its head.

Lin Qiang knew who that person was. It was a man named Qian Xin who was originally sent to the Black Energy Research Institute. Lin Hebin and I are still old neighbors. It was also because of Lin Hebin that Lin Qiang knew the identity of the mechanical woman in front of him.

She is actually Qian Xin's wife, a housewife named Liu Fen. I don't know what happened to turn a housewife into a murderous robot.

Yes, bloodthirsty.

Lin Qiang thinks that he is not a good person, but he is a serious researcher. He kills people and animals because he is dedicating himself to science. And the Liu Fen in front of her was someone who dared to do anything casually. And, the most terrifying thing is that this man also likes to eat robots.

This eating is eating in the literal sense.

It is obvious that energy, not food, keeps the robot alive. But Liu Fen just likes to grab robots that she doesn't like. Then she used her steel teeth to chew the robot's body into pieces with a few clicks, and then spit it out.

The whole process was cruel, disgusting and pointless.

And because the robot has a strong vitality, and as long as the black crystal in its head is not taken out, it will not die at all.

Therefore, every robot whose mechanical body was bitten into pieces by Liu Fen had to experience the pain of having its skin and bones ripped apart before its eyes, and the pain of being bitten by teeth.

Yes, their robots are not comparable to the scrap metal robots in the human world.

Their robots are the highest level biological robots in the universe. The mechanical body has pain, smell, hearing, vision and other senses, they all have them.

However, the Liu Fen in front of her was so casual that she almost killed these people who had finally entered the mechanization stage.

It's true that no robots tried to resist, but they all failed. Those mechanical dogs with human heads and dog bodies are the best evidence.

This woman Liu Fen can be said to be the first robot to emerge from the black cocoon in the black abyss. Moreover, she is a completely mechanized robot.

Unlike those who were latecomers, they still had more or less human flesh on their bodies, waiting for further transformation.

No one knows how Liu Fen achieved complete mechanization in a short period of time. But everyone has realized how powerful a fully mechanized person is.

Another scary thing about Liu Fen, and the thing that makes Lin Qiang the most frightened, is that the other person can directly contact "that person". Convey "that person's" opinion.

After comforting the little cuties, Liu Fen took a critical look at the more than two hundred black cocoons not far away.

"Lin Qiang, where are the millions of black cocoons in your plan? Just a few?"

Lin Qiang had just arrived and hadn't had time to figure out what was happening in the human world. So, I quickly explained a few words.

"Oh, it turns out there is a lack of information! It's not easy to know what's happening in the human world."

Liu Fen said, using her high-heeled toes, she jumped up slightly and knocked out the nearest black cocoon. broken. Following the crack, a mechanized human fell directly out of it.

It can be seen how much pain it caused this cyborg to be forced to interrupt the ongoing mechanization.

I heard him yelling after coming out of the black cocoon. And the body's limbs began to slowly dissolve.

"Why are you still standing there? Come and ask! Isn't there someone ready to ask?"

Lin Qiang was so angry that his liver ached at Liu Fen's confident instructions.

Thinking about Lin Qiang's decades of experience in academia, he had never encountered such a thing. Even Li Weimin, an old man, didn't dare to treat himself with this attitude.

The resentment in Lin Qiang's eyes flashed away, and then he asked Lin Hebin to lead his men over, and before the cyborg was melted, he asked what happened in the human base.

As the screams of the cyborg disappeared, Liu Fen murmured to herself: "So humans have been warned in advance? This is interesting." As he said that

, he looked at the one called Mao Left Leg that had turned into cosmic dust. The cyborg pouted. This is a fool. What black gas contributes to mechanization? Hehe, I still haven’t figured out what black energy is. Humans are really useless.

"Take all the black cocoons back and settle down well. The number of robots is too small. This plan failed, you just wait to be taught a lesson!" After Liu Fen finished speaking, he left with a group of strange mechanical dogs.

. As I walked, I thought, it would be great if this batch of black cocoons burst open and there were some of my old acquaintances inside. Especially if there is an old neighbor like Xia Zhi in it, it will be even more fun. If Xia Zhi's dog was still there, she could help out. Put Xia Zhi's beautiful head on the body of her golden retriever. When the time comes, Tiantian will follow behind him and become his old neighbor again.

Thinking like this, Liu Fen walked toward the center of the black abyss with a smile.

"This old woman..."

After Liu Fen could no longer be seen, Lin Hebin finally cursed in a low voice.

You know, with so many robots present, he and Liu Fen still had some troubles. Fortunately, Qian Xin was there as a shield. Otherwise, you will be in danger. Thinking of Qian Xin's fate, Lin Hebin felt sad.

It's better to die than to become like that.

Lin Qiang noticed Lin Hebin's expression, and a hint of deep meaning flashed in his eyes.

Housewives like Liu Fen simply floated as soon as they gained strength. Since she is so proud, let her float for a while longer. When Lin Qiang loses the last bit of his physical body and gains the true power of a robot, the pattern of this black abyss will start to change.

——In

the distant central city base, Xia Zhi is packing his belongings at home. Little did he know that in the black abyss below the Nanming base, his old neighbors Liu Fen and Qian Xin had appeared. Moreover, Liu Fen was still thinking about herself.

"Fortunately we ran fast, otherwise we don't know what the mess would have been like."

Lao Mo and the children He Feifei were basking in the sun on the balcony and combing KK's hair.

The weather in Central City in winter is cold and dry, and the fur on KK's body is all tangled. Coupled with the static electricity, it almost turns into a cedar.

Hearing Lao Mo's sigh, Xia Zhi recalled the situation at the Nanming base and felt happy.

The residential area of ​​Nanming Base is not directly located in a high-altitude area like Central City. Without this early warning, I believe there would have been more than a few hundred people missing from the Nanming Base. I don’t know where these hundreds of people have gone.

As the two of them were chatting, they heard a knock at the door. The only people who would come to look for them at this point are the Wen Sheng family next door.

Xia Zhi walked over to open the door and saw that it was not Vincent, but someone he didn't know very well.

However, this person obviously has an impression of the summer solstice. He nodded to Xia Zhi and asked directly: "Is Lao Mo here?"

Lao Mo on the balcony heard someone calling his name and stretched his head towards the door. Good guy, this person is an old acquaintance.

This time, Lao Mo stopped grooming the dog. After explaining a few words to Xia Zhi, he followed the man.

"Xia Zhi, did Old Mo meet an acquaintance?"

Vincent came out of his home at this time, and when he opened the door, he saw the back of Old Mo leaving.

Xia Zhi nodded: "Yes, it's someone he knows."

Vincent looked at Xia Zhi's thoughtful expression and did not continue the topic. Instead, he said directly: "Fatty Bai and the others are going out for a walk to familiarize themselves with the environment. Do you have anything to bring?"

When we came from the Nanming base, many living appliances were abandoned. I heard that the winter at Central City Base will get colder and colder. The weather is still good at 8 degrees now. At the coldest time, I heard it would be below freezing. These southerners, who are new here, will definitely need to add some warm clothes.

"No, you go first. If you meet someone who sells quilts, please help me change a quilt."

After two days at the central city base, they realized that the points between different bases can actually be transferred through Universal after conversion. In addition, I brought some supplies before I came here, so it was enough for the time being.

After saying goodbye to Vincent, Xia Zhi returned home and took over the job of grooming KK.

I sat there and combed half of my hair. I finally remembered who came to see Lao Mo before.

That person was a researcher who worked at the same research institute as her parents and parents-in-law.

Unlike Lao Mo who left the institute after the accident. The researcher has stayed at the research institute in Central City and has never left.

So, why did this man suddenly come to see Lao Mo?

Chapter 44

This question appeared in Xia Zhi's mind for a second, and she put it aside temporarily. After combing KK's hair, Xia Zhi let Feifei, who was tired from playing, take a nap. And he began to organize space supplies.

Some time ago, I have been living in the mountains with the army, eating and drinking together. The supplies in the space have not been used for several days. Now that we have arrived at the central city base, we can safely spend the winter here during the summer solstice.

Therefore, Xia Zhi planned to take stock of the materials in the space first and pick up some usable materials along the way.

Xia Zhi found a chair and sat down, turning on the space projection. According to past habits, she would immediately turn her attention to the area where the supplies were placed. However, this time it was not done.

The moment the space projection appeared in mid-air, her eyes were attracted to the tall building in the center of the space.

What the hell is this?

Xia Zhi finds it hard to believe that he just didn’t pay attention to space for a while. Why is there suddenly an extra building in the space?

When she enlarged the projection and pulled it directly to the center area, she realized that the building that suddenly appeared was actually a tall tower made of all metal.

The entire tower is the same silvery white as the ground in space, and it is nearly a hundred meters tall by visual inspection. If it weren't for holographic projection, Xia Zhi wouldn't even be able to determine the height of the tower in an instant.

The blue ball of light that had been in the center of the space was no longer where it was often seen before. Instead, I don't know when I ran to the pointed top of the tower and hung in the air. It's like the tower is the pillar that holds the ball of light.

Seeing this scene, Xia Zhi finally confirmed that this tower did not appear out of thin air. But it was the metal body that popped up under the light ball before. At that time, this piece of metal looked like bamboo shoots sprouting from the ground and looked very inconspicuous. Xia Zhi did not expect that the bamboo shoot-like metal body would actually turn into a tall spire.

This space is becoming increasingly unscientific. It feels like a world in the process of being repaired.

A thought suddenly flashed through Xia Zhi's mind.

Then, a long code was suddenly stuffed into my mind. After analysis, the general meaning is: [Space is originally a small world. 】

This act of forcibly inserting codes into people's brains is, needless to say, the work of a blue light ball.

"Where are you from? What is this tower? What is black energy? How can we curb the spread of black energy?"

Xia Zhi raised a lot of questions as always.

Every time the light ball responds, Xia Zhi will ask the same question. But every time, the ball of light ignored her question.

However, this time, miraculously, the light ball actually recovered.

[Human, will you know all the answers soon? The black air is spreading at an accelerating rate. Please collect all the pieces as soon as possible. When all the fragments are gathered together and the center is restored to its original state, all questions will naturally be answered. ]

Such eloquent words made Xia Zhi feel that this blue ball of light was like a pyramid scheme. I will only paint a big picture for myself. If he hadn't been able to use part of the power of the light ball, Xia Zhi would have doubted the origin of this thing.

However, the blue light ball obviously cannot understand the mood of the summer solstice. It just repeats as always to let the summer solstice gather the pieces.

Xia Zhi originally thought that this negotiation with the light ball would make her very depressed.

But soon, she noticed another major change.

The eggs of the mechanical silkworms that she had brought into the space before. After hatching, it becomes a semi-mechanized silkworm baby. During this time, these silkworm babies were left in space by Xia Zhi and ignored. I didn’t expect that after so many days, these things were still alive and well. Moreover, the limbs that are part of the mechanical body look brighter than before, as if they have been rebuilt.

Xia Zhi turned her eyes away from the mechanical silkworm and focused on other metal products in the space. Sure enough, all the metal products, including several boxes of screws that I had collected cheaply before, looked like they had been remade, and the metal texture looked particularly shiny. It's like the material has been changed.

Thinking of this, Xia Zhi simply took a few screws in his hand and squeezed them hard. Then I found that these screws are gradually getting closer to mechanical metal materials in terms of hardness and applicability.

This made Xia Zhi suddenly think of the mechanical corpses he had placed in the space.

When she was hunting mechanical bodies, she quietly smuggled many mechanical bodies into space. Later, the head of the mechanical pangolin she hunted was made into a pair of mandarin duck swords, and the rest of the body remained in space.

Xia Zhi quickly found the headless mechanical pangolin body. It turned out that this thing also seemed to be experiencing metal purification.

It was as if the metal, which was originally doped with impurities, had its impurities removed step by step. Let the performance of metal be more superior.

Xia Zhi can only think of one possibility for such a change. That is the credit of the blue light ball.

Unexpectedly, whether it is the original ordinary metal of Green River Star or the foreign mechanical metal, there will be favorable changes under the illumination of the blue light ball. One can imagine how huge the energy of the blue light ball is!

This made Xia Zhi even more curious about the origin of the light ball.

However, to know the origin of the light ball, you need to collect all the fragments. According to the current situation, there must be a lot of official fragments. She couldn't just walk over and tell the officials that she wanted the light ball fragments! It is even more impossible to sneak into the laboratory and steal the light ball fragments. You don’t have to ask about Xia Zhi to know the importance of the light ball fragments to the government.

Just when Xia Zhi was in trouble, Lao Mo encountered the same problem.

He did not expect that Chen Guang came to him not to catch up with him, but to inquire about news. Find out whether the level of danger at Nanming Base is as described on the Internet. His only son is making noises about going to Nanming Base, where he wants to become a cyborg.

However, this was a family matter, and Lao Mo did not interfere. He only informed Chen Guang of the specific situation of Nanming Base in a very considerable way.

What bothered Lao Mo was not Chen Guang's son. But when the other party was inquiring about information from him, he accidentally leaked the information about the Great Northwest Mission.

Chen Guang actually didn't know the specific content of this task. He was just an insignificant peripheral personnel. However, Chen Guang still heard that there were many casualties in the Great Northwest mission. Moreover, I heard that the injury was very strange. Just how weird it is, no one knows. Those injured were all placed locally and were not transferred out.

There must be only a very small number of people in the entire Central City base who know the progress of the Northwest Mission. For example, He Mingzhi is one of them.

Lao Mo braved the cold wind and walked towards the dormitory, wondering whether he should tell Xia Zhi the news. He said he had no definite information. Not to mention, if something really happened to Tiansheng. You must definitely go there and check it out during the summer solstice.

Xia Zhi quickly deduced from Lao Mo's expression that something had happened, and it was related to her. She asked Lao Mo to speak out. Finally got the answer.

Knowing that it was about He Tiansheng, Xia Zhi's already entangled mentality immediately stopped being entangled. Some things still need to be acted upon first. Only by taking action can you know the results.

After making up his mind, Xia Zhi said directly: "Old Mo, starting from tomorrow, I will trouble you at home. I want to go out for a walk."

Lao Mo didn't know what Xia Zhi was doing, but he could tell that the other party was determined. He nodded: "You go ahead. I will take care of Feifei and KK."

Xia Zhi looked at KK who was looking at him with his head tilted, and finally smiled and touched the dog's fur head.

——Early

the next morning, after Xia Zhi got up and had breakfast, he left enough food for the day at home and went out directly.

She decided to take some time to walk through the entire Central City base. Firstly, you can get familiar with the environment, and secondly, you can see if the official has missed any small pieces of light ball fragments. That time at the Nanming base, those strong men missed the particularly small pieces.

Xia Zhi thought about gathering the fragments of light balls scattered outside, and then having a showdown with He Mingzhi.

——He

Tiansheng, who is being remembered, is indeed not in a good situation at the moment.

Located on a plateau deep in the northwest, the oxygen here is thin. This no-man's land, which was rarely visited in the past, has had millions of people stationed here for more than half a year. For half a year, things have been shipped here one after another. But no one has ever left.

In this place, there is a semi-mechanized disease that is spreading throughout the base. All those who are sick are staff who are deeply involved in the project and are responsible for the main components of the project. Including various technical workers and expert professors. Anyone who has come into contact with those things will show signs of mechanization.

And this kind of mechanization is not like ordinary human mechanization, where the mechanical limbs can move freely. For people here, as long as there is mechanization, those limbs will feel like they are being petrified.

In other words, it just can't move.

The last time He Tiansheng received a call from his teacher, this phenomenon had actually appeared on the toes of his left foot. This was also the most important reason why he didn't let the teacher take over Xia Zhi and his daughter.

This unexplained mechanization is related to the main components of this mission. He could no longer abandon his mission and leave. Well, he chose to keep his family away from this unexplained mechanization.

I heard that there are signs of mechanization at the Nanming base. But that kind of mechanization can move. He Tiansheng is very curious about these two different types of mechanization. But he had no time to study.

"Doctor Xu, based on your experience. How long can I survive in a situation like mine?"

He Tiansheng sat in a wheelchair, looking at his completely mechanized left leg, and looked up at the doctor in charge of this disease at the base.

"Researcher He, if you leave the main component, the speed of this mechanization will drop immediately. It may still take a few years. However, if you stay in the main component, then it is very likely that you will only be able to survive until next year. Spring begins."

"Spring begins next year!"

He Tiansheng sighed in surprise when he heard the answer.

He turned to look at the bed outside the hospital.

There are thousands of hospital beds densely packed there. There were many people with completely mechanized limbs lying on it. All of them are alive, but their limbs are all mechanized. They were like old machines that had lost their energy, lying there unable to move. However, they are still alive...

Chapter 45

"Fresh Pork, Fresh Pork. Kill now and sell now, kill now and sell now. The hands are fast and the hands are slow..."

Xia Zhi had breakfast at home early in the morning and went out directly. This is another free market at the base of Central City. Since she decided to walk the entire base alone five days ago, this is the third free market she has encountered.

Different from the tense atmosphere at the Nanming Base, the Central City Base still retains a lot of the peaceful atmosphere before the black energy broke out. Although the people coming and going looked ordinary, their faces still had that kind of vigorous and uplifting energy. It makes people feel happy after seeing it.

Moreover, the mood of summer solstice is really pleasant.

After five days of constant visits, she actually found a small fragment of a blue light ball. The fragments were very small, probably about the size of a baby's fingernail. She found it inside an old stuffed toy. If she hadn't happened to pass by a free market and suddenly sensed it, she would have missed it.

As for why the fragments appear inside the stuffed toy? Xia Zhi concluded that the blue light ball must have been a complete sphere. But due to unknown reasons, it shattered, and the fragments scattered in all directions, in random places.

Regardless of the process, after the fragment was retrieved from a pile of worn-out cotton wool, Xia Zhi immediately sent it into space. This time, she deliberately turned on the spatial projection and saw the entire fusion process of the fragments clearly. At the same time, I finally saw how the metal tower under the light ball was rising step by step.

The process of gaining strength and pulling up in an instant is very dazzling.

Xia Zhi thought that when the fragments of the entire blue light ball were gathered together and restored to their original state, something extraordinary would definitely happen.

At the other end, before the voice shouting about selling pork, many people gathered around him.

Xia Zhi carefully avoided the crowds and continued walking along the mountain road.

The free market in Central City does not have a fixed location. Usually it is formed near a residential area. As for the things for sale, there are all kinds of things. Daily necessities, food, clothing, shoes, socks, quilts, luxury goods, second-hand mechanical metal weapons, mechanical insect limbs, etc. Anyway, as long as something appears, someone will sell it in the free market.

If you ignore the rising black abyss at the foot of the mountain behind you, it really looks like a rural gathering.

Speaking of the Black Qi Abyss, after the big explosion a few days ago, the entire Black Qi Abyss returned to a dead state again. Even the various mechanical bodies that often come ashore to cause trouble are rapidly decreasing in number.

Nanming Base is the base with the largest variety and number of mechanical bodies. This time, like other bases across the country, the number of mechanical bodies has decreased significantly.

Because of this, many mutants who had originally begged their grandfather to sue their grandmother and ran to the Nanming base were now dumbfounded.

There have been various opinions on the Internet because of this matter. But none are optimistic. With this 500-meter-high black gas abyss as the base, many people basically believe that the mechanical body is holding back and preparing to make a big one.

But officials are not vegetarian either.

Many bases have opened various fighting teaching places. The institute has invested a lot of resources in the hope of discovering more secrets about human mechanization, developing mechanical metal weapons, the use of black energy crystals, etc.

Of course, most of the institute's projects remain confidential. Ordinary people don't know these things. Even the black energy crystal found in the brain of an advanced mechanical body. Not many people know yet.

Xia Zhi has such an energy crystal on hand. Like the research institute, she will try to study the use of this energy crystal whenever she has free time.

Just when Xia Zhi was thinking about energy crystals, he happened to pass by a stall selling various groceries and saw a stone that looked like a black energy crystal.

The stall owner was a middle-aged woman. Seeing a rosy-faced woman staring at her stall, she quickly greeted her enthusiastically:

"Sister, what do you want to buy? Although my stall is small, it has everything. Look, this is from Things collected in the battle zone. It’s dangerous there! My husband still dug out these things with great difficulty. Look, how beautiful they are.” The

stall owner pointed at the pile of things in the middle area of ​​the stall.

These things include the remains of various mechanical bodies, fragments of mechanical weapons, and the stone that Xia Zhi just saw.

Xia Zhi squatted down, pretending to be interested in the hand of a mechanical praying mantis. He picked it up and asked: "Sister, why don't you exchange your stumps at the exchange point! Are these things picked up in the combat zone?"

The eldest sister obviously knew how to chat, and her mouth started to pour: "Hey , the arms and legs of this mechanical insect are too thin. It’s not easy to collect and it doesn’t weigh much, so it’s not cost-effective to exchange it for. Isn’t this the kind of human mechanization that’s been popular in the Nanming base recently? This kind of mechanical body residual limbs The sales are so popular now. Let me tell you, little girl. If you wear this thing with you, it is said that if you wear it for a long time, you can become mechanized..."

Xia Zhi wanted to laugh when she heard this rumor. I don’t know who came up with it. And the mechanical limbs sold are actually sold by legs.

One of the mechanical legs of the Mechanical Mantis is actually sold for one point. Calculated this way, it is indeed much more cost-effective than selling it to an official exchange point.

Xia Zhi pretended to be casual and picked up the black stone: "Where is this? Is this also picked up in the combat zone?"

The stall owner immediately nodded: "Yes! There are people who collect everything there. This thing is probably just a piece of stone. Black stone. Sister, I am kind and will not ask you for a price. If you buy ten mechanical insect legs, these black stones will be given to you."

When Xia Zhi returned home with ten mechanical insect legs wrapped in old newspapers, Lao Mo was speechless.

"Xia Zhi, why did you buy this thing?" This thing, in the Nanming base, would be thrown on the ground and no one would pick it up.

Xia Zhi shook his head: "Actually, this is what I want to buy."

See)|Novel#+weixin:Ttangya520

Xia Zhi placed an ordinary black stone in his hand. The shape is similar to ordinary gravel. However, under the refraction of sunlight, you can find reflective areas on the surface of the black stone. It looks a bit like black crystal, but it doesn't have the polished smoothness of black crystal.

"This thing is a bit like the one inside the mechanical head."

Lao Mo exclaimed, then looked at Xia Zhi in surprise.

Xia Zhi shook his head and took out the black energy crystal of the mechanical pangolin in space.

When two crystals are put together and compared, the similarities between the two can be more easily discovered.

"This is probably the same thing. But the shape is completely different."

Xia Zhi even had an idea. He felt that the crystal he just got was more like it was knocked off a huge stone.

Of course, this thought only flashed through my mind. After that, she temporarily put the two black crystal stones, one large and one small, together. Packaged in a mechanical metal box. Then the space was put in.

The moment the crystal entered the space, the blue light ball in the space flashed. But Xia Zhi did not see this scene.

——Unlike

Xia Zhi’s research which focuses on observation, the Black Gas Research Institute’s research on black energy crystals is more comprehensive.

In a huge laboratory at the Black Gas Research Institute at the Central City Base, hundreds of black energy crystals were inlaid one by one on a huge silver-white table made of mechanical metal. These crystals vary in size, but are all similar in rhombus shape.

Connected to the metal table is a production line for purifying mechanical metal.

The entire production line is not plugged into a power source, but uses black energy crystals as energy source.

When the production line is running normally, the data group responsible for the test data immediately calculates the energy consumption of the production line. The results were quite horrifying.

"Director, director..."

the estimator in charge of the data said with a trembling voice: "The energy conversion rate of this energy crystal has reached 100%." ​​This

is a quite exaggerated data. We must know that there are many kinds of energy sources in modern society. But no matter what kind of energy it is, there will be energy loss when it is converted into kinetic energy. The energy loss rate is particularly good. Moreover, in the process of converting energy, various substances that pollute the environment will be produced.

The black crystal energy in front of us is applied to a production line made of mechanical metal, and the energy conversion rate reaches 100%. At the same time, no by-products appear. This means it is a clean energy source with a 100% conversion rate.

When black gas occupies the ground and cuts off human beings' access to energy such as petroleum and coal, the emergence of such a new energy source will greatly alleviate the energy crisis.

This thought flashed through the minds of all scientific researchers, and everyone's hearts became hot.

The more energy crystals like this, the better.

Unlike the excitement of these researchers, He Mingzhi finally sighed deeply after confirming the role of this energy crystal.

Sure enough, both black energy and black energy crystals are closely related to those discovered in the Great Northwest Project.

The current test results of the black energy crystal illustrate this point.

While He Mingzhi sighed, his hands moved faster. Soon, through secret communication channels. All data about the black energy crystals was immediately sent to the Great Northwest Base. There, He Tiansheng in a wheelchair quickly received all the data.

After he read the data, he immediately replied with a suggestion to He Mingzhi.

Soon, all official bases received instructions to collect black energy crystals. At the same time, news about the acquisition of black energy crystals was posted on the Black Energy Research Institute and major social platforms across the country.

Only then did people realize that the advanced mechanical body that appeared in Nanming Base had a black energy crystal in its brain. And the purchase price for such an energy crystal is several times that of a mechanical corpse. Such a good thing made everyone turn their attention to Nanming Base.

Unfortunately, whether it is the Nanming base or other bases across the country, since the big outbreak of black energy, advanced machinery seems to have disappeared overnight. The mechanical bodies now appearing in the border zone are all the original low-level mechanical insects. Those advanced mechanical bodies, including the previously speculated humanoid mechanical bodies, disappeared overnight without knowing where they were.

Xia Zhi sat at home and did not pay attention to the official announcement. Because all her energy was occupied by a long-awaited message.

This message came from the Northwest, and the sender was none other than He Tiansheng.

The content of the message is very brief. Translated, it is: Teacher He can be trusted!

Chapter 46

"So, you have a lot of blue stones in your hand?"

Xia Zhi looked at the dumbfounded He Mingzhi and nodded slightly: "To be precise, it's one big piece, not many." "

But...but you To say this suddenly is really..."

If it weren't for the fact that the news about the blue stone is top secret. In addition, he still knows Xia Zhi's character. At this moment, He Mingzhi was afraid that the other party had learned about the function of the blue stone from somewhere and had come to fool him.

Mutation potions, mechanical metal weapons, and protective armor made of mechanical metal. Everything here, the summer solstice can connect them to the blue stone. Everything makes perfect sense. There was no room for He Mingzhi not to believe it.

But He Mingzhi still didn't understand why the other party only found him for a showdown nearly a month after arriving at the base.

Xia Zhi understood He Mingzhi's doubts, but she couldn't clearly say that she didn't believe him at first!

Before coming to Central City Base, Xia Zhi had already planned to leave Nanming Base. The destination at that time was the central city base. At that time, she sent a message to He Tiansheng, wanting to confirm He Mingzhi's identity.

Unexpectedly, I waited for more than a month to receive such a message.

Although Tian Sheng did not mention anything about himself in the message. But Xia Zhi subconsciously felt that the other party must have had an accident.

This kept her from waiting even one night. After confirming that He Mingzhi had no problem, he immediately came over to have a showdown with him.

Thinking of this, Xia Zhi looked around.

She is now sitting in He Mingzhi's office. The whole office is not big. But because it is the office where the laboratory belongs. The materials are abundant and the sound insulation effect is good.

That is to say, after making sure that there were no problems around, Xia Zhi briefly told about the blue light ball.

Of course, she didn't say such mysterious things as being reborn. Instead, he said that his parents gave him a blue stone before the accident. After the black energy erupted, the blue stone turned into a huge blue ball of light, which was bound to itself. This blue ball of light is not complete, about a quarter of its volume is missing.

Throughout the narrative process, Xia Zhi did not directly reveal space matters. Instead, after confirming with the blue light ball, the virtual shadow of the light ball is directly projected into the mid-air.

From He Mingzhi's perspective, it is an empty office. Suddenly a huge blue ball of light appeared. The light ball was missing a corner, but it emitted a very dazzling blue light. And such a light ball looks completely different from the blue stone used in their laboratory.

As if he understood He Mingzhi's doubts, Xia Zhi continued: "I guess the fragments of the blue light ball you used are not activated. The power of the blue light ball after it is truly activated is quite amazing." Afraid that the other

party would not believe it, Xia Zhi directly picked up the two Yuanyang swords hanging on his waist. Some modifications were made on the spot in front of He Mingzhi. In the blink of an eye, Yuanyang's double swords turned into a silver-white long wooden sword.

He Mingzhi had been staring at the instrument for detecting blue stones during the summer solstice when his hands glowed blue. He Mingzhi was even more surprised when he found that the instrument values ​​began to soar.

This instrument was originally developed to find blue stones. However, the stones usually found are not large, and the value of this test instrument has always been at a low level.

But now, when the Xia Zhi hands in front of me are emitting blue light, the pointer of the instrument directly reaches the unmeasurable range.

This made He Mingzhi even more convinced of what Xia Zhi said.

However, when he stretched out his hand to touch the sphere emitting blue light in mid-air, he suddenly discovered that it was just a shadow.

"The light ball is bound to me. Only when all the fragments are collected can the entity appear in the real world."

This is what Xia Zhi learned after confirming with the light ball. The light ball is still a space, bound to the summer solstice. Only when all the fragments are collected and returned to a complete state can they be removed from the space.

As a scientific researcher, He Mingzhi does not lack imagination. Originally, the appearance of black energy was a bit weird. It’s not surprising at all that this blue ball of light is running out now. It should be said that if the information provided by Xia Zhi is correct, this light ball may be a hope for mankind.

Yes, a hope.

As a scientific researcher, He Mingzhi knows what diversification of risks means. The source of the blue light ball is unknown. Compared with it, it is obvious that the plan being implemented by humans is more trustworthy. However, as long as it doesn’t hinder another path.

"If you want to take away all the blue light ball fragments from the base now, it is impossible."

He Mingzhi said decisively.

Xia Zhi was not surprised to receive this answer.

If he could send the blue light ball to the Black Air Research Institute, He Mingzhi would definitely welcome it. But if it's the other way around, it'll be much more difficult. But that's not why she came here this time. Therefore, Xia Zhi fully stated his purpose.

After hearing this, He Mingzhi felt relieved. However, he said on the surface: "I know all your demands. But you need to report the situation to the leader above. The specific arrangements need to be approved by the leader. The only thing I can guarantee now is that I will never take anything you said today into account." Things should be disclosed to a third person besides the big leader."

This result was expected by Xia Zhi. As long as you don't reveal your identity, everything else is easy to talk about.

——

"Boom...hoo..."

Silver-white arrows were shot out one after another, and soon a huge bison fell to the ground. The two stepped back and kicked a few times before becoming still.

"Xia Zhi, your archery skills are really getting better and better."

After Captain Hu praised Xia Zhi, he led his men up to deal with the bison.

Their mission this time was to escort Xia Zhi to various bases across the country on missions. Company Commander Hu did not know the specific mission content. All I know is that the summer solstice is the key to this mission. Mission objectives are related to finding things.

"It's nothing. If you weren't afraid that the sound of opening a wooden warehouse outside would cause an avalanche. It's much more convenient than me using arrows."

Xia Zhi said with a smile, put down the bow in his hand, found a stone and sat down .

A month has passed since I talked to He Mingzhi that day.

The final result of the conversation was expected in the summer solstice. Sure enough, the big leader finally said that after collecting all the fragments, he could talk to Xia Zhi about fusing the light sphere. Until then, the fragments placed in the research institute can only be used in the research institute. As for the main body of the large ball of light that Xia Zhi brought with him, Xia Zhi still had the final say.

The reason why such detailed treatment is given is that Xia Zhi provides a lot of information about the relationship between mechanization and blue stone. The second reason is that during this apocalypse, Xia Zhi’s husband, Comrade He Tiansheng, made a lot of contributions to the entire Great Northwest Plan and made a great sacrifice. As a family member, Xia Zhi deserves due respect.

After that, according to Xia Zhi's request, the base helped summon people she was familiar with to assist in the mission of finding fragments of the blue light ball.

The candidate proposed by Xia Zhi at that time was not anyone in his team. It was Captain Hu and the group of soldiers under his command. More than half a year ago, they went to the factory together and got several drones. The tacit cooperation of those people at that time impressed Xia Zhi deeply.

Of course Xia Zhi also wants to take away the people in his team. It's just that Wensheng's family still has an old father and mother, and his own family has children and dogs that need Lao Mo to take care of. After thinking about it, Xia Zhi felt that he needed professional help.

It was for this reason that Captain Hu and his team, who had just arrived at the Central City Base, were secretly assigned to this mission.

In the month since their arrival, Xia Zhi and the others have already visited the Northeastern Base, East China Base, South China Base, Central Base and Southwest Base. A total of 38 fragments of various sizes and shapes were collected in the middle.

According to the agreement with the officials, these fragments finally allowed Xia Zhi to merge into the blue ball of light.

As these fragments merge, the completeness of the blue ball of light increases. The area of ​​the entire space is getting larger and larger, and the metal tower supporting the light ball has been raised to a height that is difficult to see even when looking up.

Such changes made Xia Zhi, the owner of the space, feel very remarkable.

At this time, the missing area of ​​the blue light ball was already about one-eighth.

Now they were on the western plateau. According to the itinerary, they need to climb the entire plateau to reach the Great Northwest Base. This is the last stop on the entire trip.

It was at this time that Xia Zhi realized that the Great Northwest Base that people were talking about was actually not the same Great Northwest Base where He Tiansheng and the others stayed.

This makes Xia Zhi feel very depressed. This was completely different from what she had planned. The last stop of her plan was to meet He Tiansheng.

At this time, the bison not far away had been processed. The soldiers were well-trained and camped in place to rest.

It's just that it's winter now, so it's not easy to find a good place to camp. The bison was also shot by her because it went crazy and chased them in the snow.

Over the past month, they have not encountered any danger while performing this mission. In fact, it's not just them. No area where humans live in the country has been attacked by any large-scale mechanical body.

The mechanical bodies that appear in front of people every day are ordinary mechanical bodies without black energy crystals. There is no advanced mechanical body.

Every time Xia Zhi sees such reports, he will cast his gaze into the abyss of black energy.

——In

the central area of ​​the Black Abyss, there are so many advanced mechanical bodies that people expect.

The entire Green River Star is very large, even though many countries have followed suit and issued similar instructions during the so-called national exercise plan of Huaguo half a year ago. But not many citizens of these countries actually obey the instructions from above.

This creates a very special phenomenon.

The entire Green River Star belongs to the land of Flower Country, and there are relatively few advanced machines in it. There are even fewer humanoid robots. Humans have survived quite a bit.

Correspondingly, humans in other countries were almost completely harvested by the black energy when the first wave of black energy was at its most ferocious. Those who were lucky enough to survive the black energy impact, and those who successfully transformed into robots, were even rarer.

However, no matter how small the number is, the total number of these robots is definitely more than that of Flower Country.

If ordinary humans had not been able to resist the black energy during the first wave of black energy, the number of robots in the entire black energy abyss would have been terrifying.

Fortunately, the first wave of black energy was too lethal to humans. This has reduced the number of robots now.

After the waves of black energy hit, for those who have been infected with black energy and have a certain resistance to black energy, humans can still survive as long as the concentration of black energy is not high.

The effect of black gas on humans is that if the concentration is too high, it will kill humans immediately. Only by boiling frogs in warm water can more humans be successfully transformed into robots.

"Hey, this thing is really difficult to do. I didn't expect that after becoming a robot, I would still have to work." "

Stop it, who wants to work! Anyway, you won't die and you don't have to eat. It's so comfortable to lie down every day. ! I don’t even understand why those big shots are fighting and killing each other.”

“Shh, keep your voice down. That woman is here.”

Several robots gathered together and murmured in a low voice. But the movements of his hands did not dare to stop at all.

They are the lowest among robots, they carry the most human tissue, and of course they are the least powerful. If it hadn't been for Guan Guo's ambition to be the first to mechanize, he would have been shattered by other mechanical bodies in the abyss.

Chapter 47

With the robot’s good five senses, Liu Fen heard the complaining voices of those losers from a long distance away. But she didn't care much. Whether these robots want it or not.

The moment their brains become mechanized, the only path waiting for them is to follow instructions.

Thinking like this, Liu Fen playfully entered various command codes in her mind. Soon, the robots gathered together and complained. Suddenly I found that I couldn't control my movements. Their mechanical brains knew what was going on. But their mechanical heads cannot control their mechanical bodies.

It was as if, at this moment, their bodies were like ordinary robots, only obeying instructions from a higher level. And this higher-level command is obviously much higher than the command issued by their heads.

This is the tragedy of becoming a robot.

Those robots who were forced to separate their consciousness from their bodies saw themselves raising a mechanical knife and slashing at the robots around them who had become old friends. But the other party stood motionless, and could only watch his head being chopped off by his friend.

The pain of being beheaded, the pain of having mechanical nerves cut off, poured directly into the mechanical brain.

The most terrifying part is that the mechanical brain will remember the pain of this moment and then store it in the brain in the form of code. As for robots like them, even the ability to delete these memories is restricted.

Whenever this happens, they feel they might as well be a human being.

When an individual can at least forget the painful memories. When individuals at least have the option to die.

Moreover, what is even more disgusting is that even if the head is separated from the body, they still will not die.

There are two paths for their mechanical brains.

One is to be mercifully spared, and the head is reinstalled back into the body. Then, it was slowly repaired by relying on the nourishment of the black air in the abyss.

The second is that he was unlucky and had his head randomly installed on the body of some mechanical animal.

And the Liu Fen who appeared in front of her had such a hobby.

Thinking of this, whether it is the one who kills someone or the one who is killed. At this moment, I was trembling with fear.

When Liu Fen saw the fear in the eyes of these losers, she nodded with great satisfaction. Then, stepping on her pair of red high heels, she continued walking towards the building that was beginning to take shape in front of her.

There is a tall building made of mechanical metal. The style of the building is very similar to the sci-fi style that appears in the Summer Solstice space. The silver-white floor and silver-white walls are full of technology.

Liu Fen walked to the building in a familiar manner and entered directly through the energy field set outside.

It was not until this time that most of the robots that suddenly received temporary advanced codes and were unable to control their bodies gradually regained the ability to control their bodies.

At this time, the unlucky guy whose head was chopped off by his friend quickly shouted: "You bastard, why don't you put my head back on it quickly?"

The other robots who saw this scene looked at the guy who had his head chopped off. The unlucky guy, envious of his good luck.

This unlucky guy must be in luck today. Otherwise, why would Liu Fen be let go if he is so scary?

——The

frightened Liu Fen was in a particularly good mood today, so she didn’t care about those trash. After all, those wastes are just consumables in the final analysis.

After she entered the building, she followed the corridor planned inside and quickly arrived at the central control room.

The central control room is decorated a bit like the place where emperors went to court in ancient times. There was a huge silver-white platform standing high, with a huge seat made of silver-white metal placed on it. Sitting on the chair was a tall and strong shadow.

After Xuying sensed Liu Fen's arrival, he slowly opened his eyes.

The bright blue light emitted by those eyes was unprecedented among all mechanical bodies in the entire black abyss. With such a bright blue light, only the blue ball of light can shine brighter than him.

"Master, the entire Green River Star robots and advanced machinery have been assembled."

Xuying just opened his eyes and glanced at Liu Fen, then closed them again.

Now after hearing Liu Fen's return, the expression on her face was calm. However, in fact, it was useless for him to touch the dark color. Because this phantom is also a robot. A completely mechanized robot. Moreover, the appearance of this robot looks different from the robot of Lujiang Star.

After the robots of Lujiang Star are mechanized, what is directly exposed is the mechanization of pure human body shapes.

As for the robot in front of him, the mechanical body looks sharper and harder, more like a pair of mechanical armor growing on the mechanical body.

"Have you found the blue stone?"

Liu Fen was looking at the shadow sitting on the high platform with admiration. Leng Buding heard this question and immediately answered: "Master, the blue stone has not been activated recently, so there is no way to determine the specific location."

Liu Fen did not know the origin of the phantom she called the master in front of her. But I know that the other party must be closely related to the entire Black Qi Abyss. She was able to survive falling from the steel cable bridge that night, thanks to the gift of her master.

After that, she was surrounded by circles of black energy. In the cocoon formed by the black energy, Liu Fen felt that her body was slowly transforming. One day, the powerful mechanical voice of his master suddenly sounded in his mind, and Liu Fen finally broke through the thick black cocoon and was reborn.

At that time, Liu Fen knew that she was no longer a fragile human being. It is the most advanced biological robot in the universe. An immortal and powerful race.

As for why she, a human being, transformed into a biological robot? Liu Fen said she didn't care.

She only knew that as long as she followed the shadow in front of her, her future would be unimaginable.

As for the blue stone mentioned by the owner, Liu Fen had never seen it. But she knew that this thing was the nemesis of black energy. The owner said that this thing has been destroyed and must not be restored to its original state, let alone activated.

In the past, they would always send people to attack the Nanming base, except for the idea of ​​increasing the robot army. Another thing is that this base has blue stone energy fluctuations. This fluctuation is intermittent, but it can be felt that the Nanming base has blue stones. Unfortunately, in more than a month, the blue stone's fluctuation disappeared again. There is currently no way to locate it. This is very detrimental to their next plans.

"There are still 30 natural days before the black energy is charged. During this period, the position of the blue stone must be determined clearly."

After Xuying finished saying this, he waved his hand to signal Liu Fen to leave.

The heels of the high heels made a squeaking sound when they touched the metal floor. In this tone, Liu Fen was thinking about how to dig out the existence of the blue stone while walking.

Liu Fen, who was so focused, didn't notice that there were nearly ten robots not far away from her. There is no trace of human flesh in these robots, inside and out. These robots are clearly fully mechanized robots.

Each of these people stared at Liu Fen's back with blue eyes open, wondering what they were discussing.

——The

human world does not know everything that happens in the black abyss.

In the Black Gas Research Institute at the Central City Base, a study is in full swing. Among them, the most exciting thing is the development of blue potion.

This potion is an upgraded version of the mutation potion. After being inspired by the summer solstice a month ago, He Mingzhi led the researchers of the entire institute and spent nearly a month. Today, he finally got the preliminary version of the blue potion.

This blue potion is exclusively for use by mutated people who have mutated using the mutated potion. It can greatly curb the speed at which black air infects the human body. At the same time, it stimulates human potential and thus plays another more important role. That is - human mechanization.

This mechanization is not simply the mechanization of the human body. It's more like a mechanization that puts humans in a set of mechanized armor.

To be honest, if Xia Zhi had not proposed such a concept, He Mingzhi even thought that no one would have discovered such a phenomenon in the short term.

It turns out that among the people who use mutation potions to mutate. There is a tendency towards partial mechanization of limbs. The other part is just the ability to freely control mechanization.

It is clear at a glance which of these two trends is more important.

Thinking of the recent rumors circulating in Nanming Base that the more black energy you absorb, the more you can become mechanized, He Mingzhi simply didn't know what to say.

Do those people really think that partial mechanization of limbs obtained by relying on black energy is a good thing?

As long as a careful person looks at the statistics, he can find out. Who are the people who have partially mechanized limbs now? Basically half of them are people with weak will and violent temper. The other half was caused by long-term exposure to black energy, which aroused murderous intent during battles.

Many people have discovered this fact. The rumors at the Nanming base also appeared because of this.

The thousands of people who had disappeared before were just trying to test this rumor, but in the end they were unlucky enough to disappear when the black energy broke out.

But these consequences cannot stop some people from eagerly wanting to become stronger.

All major bases across the country are built on high mountains and plateaus. The topography of these places is complex, and it is impossible for officials to control all areas that are in contact with black air. This has led to many people really trying to be infected with black energy in the past half month.

And among these people, some actually have mechanized limbs. And it is this result that promotes people's desire to join.

Anyway, during this period of time, people in many bases have become very upset.

Now that this blue potion is on the market, He Mingzhi hopes to change this trend.

——It

was at this time that Vincent entered the Black Qi Research Institute.

Before Xia Zhi left the central city base, he communicated with Vincent. Later, he mentioned the emergence of mechanization in Vincent to He Mingzhi.

Now that the blue potion has been developed, Vincent came over after receiving the notice.

"Hello, Mr. Wen! Do you know the specific situation?"

Wen Sheng nodded. The call he received before coming here already told him what he was going to do today. Moreover, he also clearly understands the benefits and risks.

Seeing this, He Mingzhi motioned to his assistant Xiao Xu to hand a tube of blue potion to Vincent.

Without any hesitation, Vincent grabbed the potion and poured it into his stomach. He didn't seem to be worried about any danger to himself.

In fact, Vincent would not be worried. Because Xia Zhi told him a lot of things before leaving. Let him understand what he is good at so that he can better control the energy in his body.

Thinking like this, the potion he had just taken began to take effect.

I saw a small metal body starting to appear near the scar on Vincent's face. As the power surges, more and more metal bodies spread from around the scar toward the entire head. After the entire head is covered with silver-white metal. The metal body began to spread towards the neck and shoulders. However, this spreading trend soon stopped.

After Vincent determined that he could no longer exert his power, he stood up from his seat and walked to the mirror hanging on the wall.

The figure reflected in the mirror starts from the head to the neck and shoulders. All covered by silver-white mechanical metal.

Only the eyes are exposed. But the eyeball is no longer black and white, but becomes two beams of soft blue light.

Such changes amazed all the researchers who witnessed it.

It was the first time they saw how mechanized humans were. This kind of mechanization is like putting on a suit of armor, just like the Superman TV series that children watch.

This kind of mechanization is much more advanced than that kind of limb mechanization.

After seeing that Vincent's mechanization had stopped, He Mingzhi immediately asked people to come forward to conduct sampling and various tests. Test the various performances of this kind of mechanization covering the body surface.

After all tests were completed, Vincent withdrew the mechanization.

Then, the researchers again saw the mechanical metal recede from Vincent's shoulders, to his neck and then to his head. Eventually all the mechanical metal seemed to return to the scar on his face.

The whole process is like transformation magic, which is breathtaking.

"If the entire mechanical armor can cover the whole body, then mankind will enter a new era."

Vincent clenched his fists with both hands, feeling the changes in the energy in his body, and said to He Mingzhi: "Director He, I think you are in charge The effect of the potion is very high. I feel that the energy in my body is getting smoother and smoother. Maybe in a while, the mechanical metal will be able to cover the entire body."

He Mingzhi covered up the excitement in his eyes and began to ask Vincent some of his feelings calmly.

When Vincent fully realized the mechanization of his whole body with the help of the blue potion a week later, the blue potion was officially launched.

——Let

’s not mention what kind of sensation this medicine caused.

Time goes back to the summer solstice and arrives at the Great Northwest Base.

The Great Northwest Base in front of us is built on the highest plateau in the Flower Country. There is a peak here known as the top of the plateau. It is a vast area and can accommodate the largest number of humans in the country.

Therefore, although the conditions here are not as superior as other bases, it is the base where people have the strongest sense of happiness among all bases.

Xia Zhi stood in the queue, waiting to register and enter the base.

Looking around from here, there is simply no trace of black energy. They were at a high altitude, and the black air was far, far away.

The cold wind blows and the snow falls heavily. Fortunately, the queue was not long, and they entered the base after waiting for about ten minutes.

The climate here is very cold, and not many people are walking in the base. Occasionally I bump into a few people, and they all look very tall and strong. Xia Zhi took a few random glances and found that these people had very little black energy on them. Some people even look very pure, as if they have not been infected with black energy.

You must know that it has been more than half a year since the black energy first erupted. For more than half a year, the air, water, and land have been polluted to a greater or lesser extent by black gas. There are many pure human beings that are rarely encountered in other bases, but there are quite a few here. This should have a lot to do with the high altitude here.

"Guest, do you want to stay in the hotel? Do you want to eat?"

Just as Xia Zhi was observing the base, in the rows of large tents not far away, someone opened the tent curtains and shouted at them.

During the summer solstice, you can even smell the aroma of wine and meat coming out of the tent after it is opened.

This kind of smoke and smoke is very attractive to those who have just climbed a whole mountain. During the trip to the northwest, they need to find millions of square kilometers of plateau areas. So far, only about a quarter of the way has been walked. Because the entire Northwest is so big, Xia Zhi didn't sense any fragments of the blue light ball even after he stepped into this land.

However, she was sure that there must be fragments of the blue light ball here.

According to the information previously determined with the light ball, except for a very small number of fragments that fell into the ocean near the Flower Country, the remaining main part and most of the fragments are within the Flower Country.

Finally, a group of eighteen people entered the big tent.

The decoration inside the big tent is a bit like the tent group meals in tourist areas in the past. There are many long low wooden tables densely arranged. There were several people sitting at several wooden tables inside, drinking. Judging from their clothes, they look more like locals.

The boss can speak Mandarin. After welcoming them in, he confirms the meal with Company Commander Hu.

After hearing a few words about Xia Zhi, I roughly understood that there was still a lot of meat available here. However, there is not much stock of staple foods such as rice and flour.

When the large plate of roast mutton was served, the faces of the accompanying soldiers relaxed.

Xia Zhi watched the soldiers in a relaxed mood as they ate meat and drank mutton soup.

And the content of the chat between the locals sitting over there gradually reached Xia Zhi's ears.

Xia Zhi raised her eyebrows after hearing this. I didn’t expect that when I went into a tent to eat meat and consume it, I would encounter news about the fragments. It's just that the place the news was about is too far away from them. Moreover, there has been heavy snow on the plateau recently. Even if the base can cooperate with them in providing a car, it will still take two days to reach them. As for airplanes, there is no need to think about such bad weather.

Xia Zhi thought about it for a while and finally gave Captain Hu a signal.

After Captain Hu saw this, he got close to the people at the other tables and began to get close to each other.

They all wore thick casual clothes when they came out this time, and usually no one asked about their whereabouts.

After Xia Zhi sat there and drank a bowl of mutton soup, Captain Hu came back feeling a bit drunk.

You'll know you've gained something at a glance.

When they arrived at the accommodation, Xia Zhi listened to the news that Captain Hu inquired about, and after confirming what he heard, he determined that the light ball fragments should appear at the place where the people at the table were talking.

Therefore, the group only stayed in the base for one night. Early the next morning, Captain Hu found relevant people at the Northwest Base with various documents. After replenishing a batch of supplies, he rode a yak towards his destination under the leadership of the guide arranged by the base.

The weather is very good today. The heavy snow that has been falling for several days has stopped. Riding on the back of a fluffy yak is an amazing feeling.

Xia Zhi reached out and touched the back of the yak that was sitting down. Very thick hair, with the unique temperature of warm-blooded animals. Such animals are real life.

The mechanical body in the black abyss that is like a perpetual motion machine cannot be called a living thing at all.

This snow-covered plateau is pure white and has not been polluted by black air.

Xia Zhi sincerely hopes that such beauty can last forever. But obviously, the huge malice in the black abyss will not allow human beings to continue to survive.

In just this month, Xia Zhi has already felt the urgency of the blue light ball in the space. I hope that I can gain something from the place I go to this time.

The group rode yaks and walked on the road in the wind and snow for about five days. Finally, at noon on the sixth day, we arrived at the destination of this trip.

This is a depression that appears suddenly on the plateau.

The depression now looked as if it had been covered in snow. If the guide responsible for leading the way was not a local, they would not even be able to tell that the bottom of this snowfield was not a flat land but a depression.

As early as the summer solstice, when I was about a few kilometers away from the depression, I sensed relatively strong blue light ball fragments here. This surprised her greatly. The stiffness in my limbs caused by the cold wind these past few days was all worth it at this moment.

The leader thought he didn't know their purpose and after bringing the people there, he consciously took the yaks to a leeward place to rest with the help of two soldiers.

"Xia Zhi, are you going down now?"

Xia Zhi looked at the surrounding situation and shook his head: "Wait a minute."

Until this moment, Xia Zhi had not realized where he was.

Just brave the icy cold wind and slowly circle around the depression. She needs to find a more suitable method and then let others dig it. Otherwise, no one can withstand the current temperature of ten or twenty degrees below zero for too long.

After spending more than ten minutes, Xia Zhi finally determined the approximate location of the fragments. It is actually more than 50 meters deep underground. This discovery made her feel very troubled.

The equipment they borrowed from the Great Northwest Base this time did not have assisted breathing equipment. There are several portable oxygen bottles. But that one was brought to prevent altitude sickness. You can imagine the difficulty of supporting more than ten people to do a lot of physical work on the plateau, and to dig through the ice at a depth of more than 50 meters to find fragments of blue light balls under the ice.

After Xia Zhi told Company Commander Hu the results of his investigation, the other party obviously looked troubled.

It is not advisable to use explosives, which will cause an avalanche in minutes.

Manual excavation is even more impossible, as the project is too vast.

Wait until the ice in the depression melts in spring? That's even more impossible.

Xia Zhi had an idea in mind, but felt that it seemed too high-profile.

She thought for a while and finally told Captain Hu what to do.

Company Commander Hu was surprised after hearing this. However, it was finally agreed to let Xia Zhi give it a try.

In fact, there is no other special method for the summer solstice, but to directly use the energy of the blue light ball.

Although this energy summer solstice is only used to purify and shape mechanical metal. It hasn't really been applied to ice yet. However, there is nothing to lose by trying.

Thinking like this, Xia Zhi drew out the two swords from his waist. Find the previously determined breakthrough point, brush away the white snow above the ice in the depression, and insert the two knives directly into the ice.

Sharp mechanical metal weapons can easily penetrate the seemingly indestructible ice.

Then, little bits of blue light followed Xia Zhi's palm, passed through the double knives, and directly reached the inside of the ice layer.

Such a stream of energy flowed unimpeded inside the ice, and finally reached the ultimate goal Xia Zhi was looking for this time - a fragment of light sphere as big as an apple.

The light ball fragments that stayed in the ice began to tremble after sensing the same source of power. This tremor is getting louder and more intense.

Suddenly, a clicking sound was heard. The ice that filled the entire depression shattered into powder. Fine ice crystals floated around in the cold wind, as if falling into a fairyland.

Xia Zhi didn't expect the power of the light ball to be so domineering, and was stunned. Then looking at the cleared depression, he turned to the stunned Captain Hu and said, "Look. Isn't this good?"

Captain Hu: How powerful is this!

After the depression was cleared, Xia Zhi directly tied a safety rope around his waist and slowly headed toward the bottom of the depression. It's not like Captain Hu has never tried to compete with Xia Zhi for this task. However, Xia Zhi refused. For Xia Zhi, the situation below is unclear, and she is the only one in the team who has the strongest sense of the blue light ball. The fragments can be found quickly below.

Compared with the white snow on the snowfield, even the dark night is illuminated by the white snow as bright as day.

Arriving inside the depression, the light here became even dimmer.

Xia Zhi wears a mining-specific overhead lamp on his head, hiking boots on his feet, and climbing hammers on his hands. So it goes down very quickly.

But when she was about to approach the area where the debris was located, for some reason, she suddenly felt that this depression gave people a very strange feeling.

Alarm bells rang in her heart and she sped up her actions. He pushed his legs towards the mountain wall of the depression and swung to the area where the debris was.

The moment his right hand touched the fragment, the thing entered the space directly.

At the same time, at the moment when the fragments disappeared, Xia Zhi felt a violent energy impact. The safety rope tied to his body suddenly broke at this moment. The whole person was like a kite with its string broken, falling straight into the abyss that could not be seen to the bottom.

The moment she fell, He Tiansheng, who was less than fifty kilometers away from the depression, suddenly felt his heart tightening. He looked up and looked in the direction of the depression, and for some reason he had a strange premonition in his heart.

And that direction is not just the depression where Xia Zhi fell. It was also the area where Xia Zhi’s parents and He Tiansheng’s parents had accidents. It just so happens that this area includes the depression where Xia Zhi is currently falling. The blue stones at the beginning were picked up in this area.

In the central area of ​​the Black Abyss, hundreds of kilometers away from the depression, when Xia Zhi's hands released blue energy, many advanced mechanical bodies turned their heads to the location of the Great Northwest Base. In the huge building in the central area, the black shadow slowly opened its eyes, and its line of sight was also pointing to the northwest.

Of course Xia Zhi doesn't know what is happening in the outside world.

Read>Novel++WeChat[*Ttangya520

She only felt that she was falling for about ten minutes, and finally fixed herself on the thick mountain wall with her double knives. Then start trying to figure out how to get back to the ground.

Chapter 48

"Clang...choke...clang...choke..."

Deep in the distant underground, the sound of metal knocking would penetrate into your ears from time to time. Xia Zhi stepped on the hard soil and roughly estimated his position.

The plateau area where the depression is located is about 4,000 meters above sea level. The area where the photosphere fragments are collected is located at an altitude of more than 3,900 meters. Based on the time it took for her to fall to the soil layer on the ground, her own weight, and the acceleration of gravity, Xia Zhi estimated that she was now probably in the soil layer inside the plateau, and her altitude was estimated to be between more than 1,000 to 2,000 meters.

In a place like this, there won't be any underground passages.

But when she fell from the depression and found herself unable to return, she felt wind blowing from the ground. At that time, she was hanging on the mountain wall. After thinking about it, she decided to find the source of the wind.

This was not an impulsive act.

She could feel that the source of the wind had what she needed. But she didn't know what it was.

After making this decision, Xia Zhi wanted to contact Company Commander Hu, but found that the communicator had no signal. At that time, her position was no more than a hundred meters away from Company Commander Hu. Because of this, she was even more certain that something was wrong. Fortunately, relying on the power of the blue light ball, her voice could ignore this distance and reach directly into Captain Hu's mind.

After that, Xia Zhi followed the wind and found a small channel.

The passage is not big and can only accommodate two people walking side by side.

Xia Zhi observed carefully, and after walking on this winding passage for more than an hour, he found the source of the wind. And that choking sound also came from here.

It was a huge exhaust vent, and under the influence of a head-mounted overhead light, the shadow of the fan blades was cast at the end of the passage.

And the inside of the exhaust fan is separated by a layer of fine wire mesh, and there is light shining through it. Xia Zhi even heard the sound of human conversation.

"About to fall down... Come on... Try to do it as soon as possible..."

These sounds came intermittently from the exhaust vent, which was much quieter than the choking sound of metal knocking. However, among these few words carried by the wind, Xia Zhi was sure that there was an ongoing research project inside the air vent in front of him.

As for what the research project is, Xia Zhi doesn’t know. However, thinking of the area where Tian Sheng was located before, Xia Zhi couldn't help but have a thought in her mind: Could it be that on the other side of the vent is the secret mission that her husband He Tiansheng is undertaking?

——The

Great Northwest Secret Research Base is not too far away from the Great Northwest Base on the surface. Here, millions of people are stationed, working day and night for the same goal.

In the center of the base dozens of kilometers away from the summer solstice, He Tiansheng had just been pushed out of the hospital after experiencing a heart contraction.

According to the doctor, there are no problems with his internal organs for the time being and his circulatory function is good. However, the condition of the left leg, which was previously completely mechanized, has spread to the right leg. This means there is not much time left for yourself.

After confirming that his body could continue to work, He Tiansheng asked his assistant to help push the wheelchair to the important parts area.

At the same time, Xia Zhi had already avoided all the cameras and passing staff along the way, heading towards a place where the space suddenly shook violently.

Unlike the narrow and crude passage outside, this place is completely a huge building. Various isolation walls dedicated to the laboratory are laid inside the building, as well as infrared cameras scattered all around.

Xia Zhi felt that if his body had not undergone the mutation of the blue light ball, he might not be able to escape these detectors.

At this time, several people wearing research clothes walked towards her while talking.

Without thinking, Xia Zhi immediately jumped up and grabbed several fireproof pipes on the ceiling with both hands. It was at this time that those people had already approached. Xia Zhi also saw what they looked like.

The familiar faces made her feel a little shocked. There is no doubt that these people are indeed assistant researchers in Tiansheng's team.

The arms or fingers of these people all show varying degrees of mechanization. This made Xia Zhi's heart suddenly bulge.

She didn't feel much black energy in this place. Why are these people's limbs mechanized? There was something else that made her feel weird. This weirdness is like a blue ball of light in space, now emitting a violent light. The mark on his chest became even colder.

There is no need to ask for directions, Xia Zhi can find the final destination just by relying on this feeling.

But before that, Xia Zhi still lay on the ceiling, avoiding the cameras and listening to the chats of several assistant researchers passing by.

When he heard them say that the boss's situation was not very good, Xia Zhi knew that his initial idea was not wrong.

Sure enough, something must have gone wrong with Tian Sheng.

And that kind of problem should be similar to the current hand mechanization researchers.

Xia Zhi did not take the time to study the situation of these people, but quickly walked towards the place where the light ball trembled. There, she had a hunch that she would see the person she wanted to see.

He Tiansheng didn't know that his wife had entered the base by mistake and was about to reach the center at an extremely fast speed.

This central area houses the most critical components of the entire project. It is also this component that has caused more than a quarter of the base's current population to have varying degrees of limb mechanization. Seriously, he has lost his ability to move.

"He Gong, are you okay?"

"He Gong, you are here!"

"He Gong, there is a problem here..."

...

As soon as He Tiansheng came in, many skilled workers in blue work clothes greeted him. , asking various questions. He wanted to stand up anxiously, but unfortunately his legs were not strong enough. The assistant pushing the wheelchair can only be urged to move faster.

The rubber tires of the wheelchair glide smoothly on the metal ground. He Tiansheng quickly arrived at the first technical worker who asked a question and patiently answered the other person's question.

And from the perspective of the summer solstice. After entering this heavily guarded area, the first thing that comes into view is a very huge space. The kind that's so huge that you can't even see the head at a glance.

The mountain walls around the space are fixed by metal bodies. Like an empty room. It's just that the space is surrounded by various metal stairs and metal corridors.

In the center of the entire space is an area where you can't see the top when you look up, and you can't see the bottom when you look down. Occupying this area are eight giant, tower-like metal bodies.

The exact length of the metal body cannot be fully seen on Xia Solstice. However, from the pitted surface of the metal body and the occasionally exposed tower bodies with various lines, it can be seen that these eight metal towers are fortifications that are under repair.

But no matter whether the metal tower in front of you is complete or not, just looking at the shape and material, it looks exactly the same as the metal tower supporting the blue light ball in the space. It's almost like copy-pasting.

The top, bottom and surroundings of the eight metal towers are surrounded by circles of metal corridors. At different locations in these corridors, there are many skilled workers wearing blue overalls.

Some of these workers were repairing with welding tools, while others were calculating with calculation tools.

It was visually estimated that there were at least hundreds of thousands of people working in the entire operating space at the same time, but it did not appear busy at all.

Everyone seems to be doing their job and trying to get their work done.

Xia Zhi would not think that the appearance of these eight towers was a coincidence. Instead, he quickly connected some details he encountered since his rebirth. In the end, I can only sigh that the world is really small.

When she turned her attention away from the eight metal towers in front of her, her eyes focused on a circle of people surrounding one of the metal towers. Among those people was a young man wearing blue overalls.

The young man has thick black hair, firm features, and a tough face. His eyes, which were usually bright and piercing, were now dark, and it was obvious that he had not had a good rest for a long time.

Different from the people standing around him, the young man was sitting in a wheelchair, holding calculation tools in his hands from time to time, measuring something on the spot. Occasionally, I would exchange a few words with the workers who were repairing the metal tower nearby.

There were too many people in the whole space and it was too noisy. But at this moment of Xia Zhi, he could clearly hear He Tiansheng's familiar voice.

When Xia Zhi's eyes moved from He Tiansheng's upper body to his lower body, she finally understood why the other person was sitting in a wheelchair.

Although the other party's long legs were tightly wrapped in work clothes. But Xia Zhi still saw the silver-white mechanical metal from his exposed ankle.

What does this mean? As a person familiar with all kinds of mechanization, Xia Zhi sighed deeply.

She failed to understand why the people at Nanming Base could still move with the same mechanized human body. But He Tiansheng in front of him was sitting in a wheelchair.

It was also because He Tiansheng was sitting in a wheelchair that Xia Zhi noticed it. The many technicians I just glanced at all have a more or less mechanized tendency.

And this kind of change, when you think about yourself going from the outside of the base to the center of the base, the people you meet along the way slowly change from normal humans to humans with semi-mechanized limbs. This change must be related to the eight towers in front of us.

Before she could figure this out, she had to reveal her identity.

Chapter 49

Because, there are already countless wooden warehouses targeting him.

When Xia Zhi sensed murderous intent, he wisely raised his hands. Came out from the hiding corner.

It was at this time that Xia Zhi learned from the soldiers in Jumucang that there were not only a large number of cameras set up here. There are also various sensors scattered throughout, specifically designed to sense moving objects and various living organisms. Xia Zhi can flexibly avoid cameras, but it cannot find all the hidden sensors.

In the noisy and busy work room, suddenly a person came out from the corner. Many technicians were surprised. Among these people, the most surprised was He Tiansheng, who was sitting in a wheelchair.

He Tiansheng subconsciously stood up from the wheelchair. It's a pity that the increasingly mechanized legs are like old machines, unable to move. His movement immediately caused him to fall out of the wheelchair. There were even a few blood marks on his cheek from rubbing against the corners of the wheelchair.

Xia Zhi was so anxious that he wanted to go up and have a look, but he was worried about the wooden warehouses aimed at him. In the end, he could only identify himself loudly: "I am the special commissioner of the Central City Base. I have my ID with me. Please confirm my identity with Comrade He Mingzhi... ..."

"Don't open the wooden warehouse, this is my wife..."

The couple shouted out at the same time, making the air that had just been stagnant due to the appearance of the escort suddenly become lively again.

Researchers and technicians, you look at me, and I look at you. It was He Tiansheng's assistant who helped him up and loudly told the captain of the escort that she was the boss's wife.

The members of the escort team relaxed their minds just a little bit. You know, the intruder signal sent from the sensor a few minutes ago scared them to death. Who knows how the intruder got past the layers of security measures and penetrated directly into the base.

If this intruder comes to cause destruction, then their escort team is simply a sinner of mankind.

Although they are not technical, they clearly understand the importance of this mission.

However, the most important thing right now is to figure out the origin of this woman who suddenly appeared in front of her!

Thinking like this, the captain of the escort team immediately signaled a few of his men to carry the wooden warehouse over and surround Xia Zhi.

Xia Zhi's eyes were fixed on He Tiansheng, and he didn't care about the wooden barns. Instead, he quickly took out his ID from his pocket and opened it with one hand. Then, regardless of the looks of the people around him, he asked directly: "Tian Sheng, how is your leg?"

He Tian Sheng was helped back into the wheelchair by the assistant. Ignoring the protection team's obstruction, he turned his wheelchair and arrived in front of Xia Zhi.

When Xia Zhi saw this, his emotions suddenly rose. Squatting on the ground, he reached out and touched He Tiansheng's legs. The left leg is fully mechanized, and the right leg is fully mechanized from the ankle down. And this kind of mechanization is completely different from the mutants in Nanming Base. Xia Zhi couldn't even detect a trace of black energy or blue light ball energy in He Tiansheng's body.

When He Tiansheng faced his wife, whom he hadn't seen for more than half a year, his lips moved, and finally he was so excited that his face turned red, and he finally choked out a sentence: "Why are you here?" Xia Zhi

ran away with sadness at this sentence. This guy is still the same as before, staying here from time to time.

When the guards on the side heard Xia Zhi explain his identity, they immediately contacted Director He of the Central City Base. After seeing Xia Zhi's identity certificate, I felt somewhat certain about her identity. It didn't take long for Central City to reply and confirm Xia Zhi's identity, and found that the couple had already started talking. The researchers and technicians around him glanced over at him intentionally or unintentionally.

Realizing that this was not the place to talk, the captain of the guard coughed twice, interrupting the conversation between the couple who had reunited after a long absence.

Xia Zhi has a lot to say and a lot of questions to ask.

After seeing the expression on the guard captain's face, he immediately stood up from the ground. Taking over the task of pushing the wheelchair, he pushed He Tiansheng and followed the captain of the escort team to meet with the person in charge of the base.

The researchers, technical workers, and security team members who stayed in this huge workshop looked at the couple who left curiously. Of course, at this time they were both envious and entangled. Of course, he was envious because He Tiansheng met his family at this time. The reason for the struggle is that they all understand that the longer they are exposed to people in this workplace, the more useless their bodies will become. They don't want He Tiansheng's family to end up in such a situation.

——The

wheelchair rolled rapidly on the metal paved ground. Xia Zhi pushed He Tiansheng and looked at the man who turned his head to stare at him from time to time. I glared at him several times in annoyance.

After the excitement of the initial meeting, she finally remembered to be angry.

Anyone who finds out that her husband, who has been missing for more than half a year, is suddenly confined to a wheelchair will be very angry. What makes me particularly angry is that the other party thinks he is good and refuses to tell the truth.

Xia Zhi thought that after greeting the person in charge of the base, she would have to settle the score with He Tiansheng alone.

He Tiansheng couldn't understand the anger in Xia Zhi's eyes, so he could only smile and shake his head. There were many things he couldn't help himself with.

The office of Lijia, the person in charge of the base, is not too far from the eight towers. The group of people walked for about ten minutes and arrived at a small office.

Xia Zhi expected to see a middle-aged man with a serious face when he came in. How would you know that as soon as you enter this office that looks ordinary on the outside? There is actually a big screen inside. The person on the other end of the screen was none other than He Mingzhi, the director of the Black Gas Research Institute. There was no one else in the office except him.

"Tian Sheng, what is going on?"

When Xia Zhi saw He Mingzhi, his eyes narrowed slightly, and several thoughts flashed through his mind.

He Tiansheng smiled bitterly before he could speak. He Mingzhi, who was connected in real time on the other side of the screen, immediately answered: "Xia Zhi, let me tell you about this first!"

Then, Xia Zhi heard a complete account of the entire secret foundation from He Mingzhi.

It turns out that this secret base in the northwest was actually under construction some years before the black air broke out. The prototype of the base can be traced back to the generation of Xia Zhi's parents and He Tiansheng's parents.

At that time, after four elders fell into the abyss and disappeared, they were openly reported missing. But He Mingzhi, who was in charge of the project at the time, did not give up. After working hard for nearly half a year, Xia Zhi and He Tiansheng's parents were not found, but they found the eight metal towers directly.

At that time, these eight metal towers appeared overnight in the northwest region. No one knows how these things, which at first glance belong to the Green River Star, arrived here quietly. After all, the largest recorded movement in the entire northwest region was the accident involving Xia Zhi's parents and in-laws.

Regardless of the origins of these things, this discovery alone is already very shocking.

In the days that followed, people cordoned off the area where the metal tower was located. Research projects are also carried out one after another. However, after all these years, they have been unable to study anything. It can only be determined that these eight metal towers do not belong to Green River Star.

It was during this stalemate stage that He Tiansheng's team was invited to seek a breakthrough. After finally making some progress, black energy appeared.

When black gas first appeared, it polluted the earth and polluted plants. At the same time, black energy appeared, causing the eight metal towers to begin to react. That kind of reaction cannot be seen on the surface. But the instruments can measure strange energy fluctuations.

After having energy fluctuations, He Tiansheng began to lead the entire team of researchers at the base to conduct research day and night. Some of the functions of these towers were finally determined. Then began to lead the team to repair the tower.

Xia Zhi stood in front of the big screen, listening to He Mingzhi on the other side of the screen and He Tiansheng on the other side, briefly describing the origin of the entire secret base in the Northwest. After digesting the information, Xia Zhi asked directly: "So, Teacher He is actually the person in charge of scientific research at this base. And you, Tiansheng, are one of the people in charge of this task?" He Tiansheng nodded

.

For eight metal towers, there are eight people in charge. Each person is responsible for one. The reason why he was selected at this age was not only because of his excellent professional ability, but also because he had done more in-depth research on metal towers than others from the beginning.

Next, He Mingzhi explained a few words to He Tiansheng and Xia Zhi again, and then asked them to go back and rest first.

Xia Zhi nodded, and under the guidance of He Tiansheng, he arrived at his residence here.

——

"So, is there anything else you are hiding from me? If you have anything to say, say it once."

After Xia Zhi pushed the person back to his residence, he directly found a chair to sit down, and first took out a box of steamed dumplings from the space to eat. While eating, he didn't forget to ask the man who was sitting in a wheelchair and looking at him tenderly.

"Don't use the beauty trick. If you have any matters, tell me clearly at once. We are all here, and there is nothing that can be kept secret." As soon as she met He Mingzhi, she confessed how she accidentally entered the secret base

. opportunities and routes. At that time, He Mingzhi was very impressed by Xia Zhi's ability. The winding secret passage she took was actually an escape passage from the institute. Without blueprints, even well-trained soldiers will get lost inside.

Because not only is there no signal there, the magnetic field is even more chaotic. People inside can't tell the direction at all, and in the end they can only spin around in circles like a ghost hitting a wall.

And Xia Zhi had the ability to escape from there and enter this secret base buried deep in the soil of the plateau.

He Mingzhi has already said that Xia Zhi needs to sign a confidentiality agreement if she knows about this secret base, but she will not be held accountable.

"I'm not using any beauty tricks, it's just that I haven't seen you for a long time. How is Feifei now?"

After the couple changed the topic of conversation to children, Xia Zhi's mood instantly improved.

"Old Mo is helping to take care of her and KK at the central city base. Also, don't change the subject, and explain everything clearly and honestly. Also, what's wrong with your legs?" Xia Zhi said,

finally Could not bear. From the space, he took out a box of hot and sour noodles and gave it to He Tiansheng. This guy loves the kick of hot and sour noodles. In the base for most of the year, there will definitely be no food.

"My wife still loves me the most..."

He Tiansheng did not directly answer Xia Zhi's question. Instead, he made a joke, took the hot and sour noodles, put them on the table, and started eating them. As if he had been hungry for a long time.

The hot and sour noodles were hot and smoking.

In the smoke, Xia Zhi noticed that the man's eyes were red. She finally sighed and stood up to help tidy up the small one-bedroom apartment. After the other party finished eating the hot and sour noodles and completely calmed down, he sat down next to the other party and held his big rough hands. He was the first to tell everything that had happened to him in the past six months.

The two grew up together, and after their parents passed away, they relied on each other to get through countless difficulties. There is more to feelings than simple love can summarize. Husband and wife have always adhered to the principle of being honest with each other no matter what happened.

This time He Tiansheng's concealment, despite the need for confidentiality and his good intentions for her, still made Xia Zhi very angry.

But this will not hinder the principle that Xia Zhi and He Tiansheng have always been getting along with.

When hearing the blue energy light ball mentioned by Xia Zhi, He Tiansheng sat upright. And when Xia Zhi said that there was also a metal tower in her space, He Tiansheng almost jumped up.

"Why are you moving? Don't you know what's going on with you?"

Xia Zhi rudely reached out and held down the man's long, useless legs, and complained rudely.

He Tiansheng was very smart and lowered his head as if he was admitting his mistake.

"I think your space and the eight towers probably appeared together on the Green River Star."

Xia Zhi rolled his eyes rudely: Isn't this obvious?

He Tiansheng smiled and stretched out his hand to straighten Xia Zhi's short hair, and continued: "Can I take a look at the space?" "I guess you can't see it either. I asked

Lao Mo to try it back then."

The summer solstice projected the space, and it was obvious that He Tiansheng could not see anything.

But he was not depressed, but continued: "It doesn't matter if you can't see it. I remember you said that the blue light ball in space still lacks some fragments. Only when the fragments are gathered can all the information be known, right!" Xia Zhi nodded

, Keep your attention on the other person's legs.

He Tiansheng smiled: "Didn't you collect a large piece of debris before? Let's take a closer look at the changes in the light ball."

Xia Zhi would also look at it without He Tiansheng's reminder. But she was really worried about the other person's legs. The mechanization here is really weird. Mechanization without any energy fluctuations. And it's obviously related to the metal tower.

In the end, Xia Zhi focused on space first.

From He Tiansheng's perspective, the Summer Solstice was like suddenly staring at a place in a daze.

At this time, Xia Zhi's spiritual power had already entered the space directly and rushed to the blue light ball.

Because of his mental power, Xia Zhi can easily control himself to float into the air. It was also because of this action that she determined that the height of the metal tower was much higher than before.

As for the completeness of the blue light ball, after adding a large fragment, there is only a gap of about a fist in the entire light ball. Xia Zhi roughly estimated the missing area of ​​​​the entire light ball, and felt that it would be almost the same if the fragments of the Central City Base were added.

According to the light ball, as long as the repair completion rate of the light ball exceeds 95%, the remaining small fragments will be automatically classified due to the energy field of the light ball. This means that Xia Zhi's mission of collecting blue light ball fragments is more than half completed.

As if aware of the summer solstice, the blue light ball suspended on the top of the metal tower slowly emitted a bright light.

In this burst of light, Xia Zhi's mind was once again forced to fill with a large amount of codes. The information combined with these codes solved Xia Zhi's doubts.

She couldn't care less about staying in the space, and immediately withdrew her mental power from the space the next moment. This also caused her to ignore the new changes in the semi-mechanical silkworm babies she had raised in the space before.

Outside the space, Xia Zhi, whose mental strength had just returned, couldn't wait to break away from He Tiansheng's hand, squatted down from the seat again, and put his hands on He Tiansheng's knees.

He Tiansheng was confused by her actions. But still obediently allowed the other party to move. He believes that the summer solstice will not harm him.

And at the next moment, a scene that surprised He Tiansheng appeared.

Although he listened to Xia Zhi's story, He Tiansheng still felt it was magical when he actually saw the blue light emitting from his wife's hands, which were facing each other day and night. And when Xia Zhi's hands emitted blue light, the blue light emitted from her eyes became even more dazzling. It's almost impossible to take your eyes away.

Xia Zhi doesn't know what her husband is thinking at this moment. She just followed the method taught by the light ball and slowly released the blue light from her palm. Follow the mechanized part and slowly input it into He Tiansheng's mechanized limbs from beginning to end.

Then, before she could take her hands back. He Tiansheng could already feel that his right leg, which had relatively mild symptoms, could move slowly. He seemed to feel the presence of his toes and ankles again.

This change made his eyes light up. The kind of light that only belongs to researchers when they discover something new.

"Don't think about it. This thing has no scientific basis."

Xia Zhi knew at a glance that He Tiansheng wanted to study blue light again. But both the blue light ball and the black gas are full of unscientific information. To be precise, it is full of mysteries that cannot be explained by the theories in the scientific field of Green River Star.

"You know what? Xia Xia. According to my theory, I think the problem with my legs can be solved by using the black energy crystals in the mechanical bodies outside. However, I didn't expect that there is something better than black energy. Crystals have even more peculiar energy."

Xia Zhi was originally in a relaxed mood, but after hearing about the black energy crystals, she became less happy. She threw the mechanical pangolin crystal to He Tiansheng from space: "This is the one you are talking about!"

He Tiansheng played with the energy crystal and nodded with great affection: "Yes, this is it. Teacher He passed it to me before. Regarding the data on this energy stone. I was thinking about applying this energy to us people with mechanized limbs." "Your theory has some

basis."

According to the blue light ball, these people with mechanized limbs are affected by The radiation from the eight metal towers will be mechanized. But their mechanization is because there is no black energy in the body, nor is there any blue light ball energy. Therefore, there is only superficial mechanization. There is no energy circulation inside mechanized limbs.

Without energy circulation, those mechanical limbs cannot move.

It was only after Xia Zhi arrived here that he learned that no one in the entire secret base had taken any mutation potions. In other words, the people here are still the same as ordinary people before the black energy broke out.

Correspondingly, the cyborgs in the Nanming base have the energy to attack the mechanical limbs because of the thick layers of black energy circulating on their bodies.

This creates a paradox.

The black energy they can't avoid is also the energy source that cyborgs rely on for their activities.

By this time, Xia Zhi felt that relying on black energy for semi-mechanization was simply useless.

It's not as good as KK and Vincent's situation where they can control themselves and freely change their mechanized armor, which is more in line with the interests of mankind.

Xia Zhi exported all his theories about himself and the blue light ball.

He Tiansheng, on the other hand, completely ignored whether his legs were healthy or not. He had already picked up the laptop nearby and desperately recorded all the information revealed by Xia Zhi.

Xia Zhi looked at the other party's serious profile and could only wait for the other party's work to come to an end.

"Xia Zhi, can you ask Guangqiu about the specific functions of the tower?"

He Tiansheng lowered his head and wrote and drew for a while, then suddenly asked.

Xia Zhi shook his head: "The light ball is just like a program. Only by collecting some fragments can some information be unlocked."

He Tiansheng was not discouraged after hearing this answer. Instead, he said: "As for your blue light ball energy, don't tell others about it for the time being. Use."

He Tiansheng felt that he was an ordinary person with ordinary selfishness. Before he understood everything, he would not be willing to put Xia Zhi in front of others and let people know that she had such a magical power.

Xia Zhi nodded: "Only you and Lao Mo know. Teacher He only knows a little bit about it. I didn't even tell him about space." "Don't worry, according to what you just said. The newly developed blue color at the Central City

Base Potions have similar effects. I will contact the teacher immediately and ask him to arrange for a batch of blue potions to be delivered. We will see if it has any effect on this." Xia Zhi nodded and said directly: "Make an appointment with him, we are going

to Let's talk about the final fusion of the blue light ball. By the way, when you send the potion, please bring Feifei, KK and Lao Mo with you!" For some reason, Xia Zhi always felt that since he met He Tiansheng

. Now that we have figured out the mechanization of their limbs, it would be a good idea to send the family over. Looking at this situation, Xia Zhi estimates that he will not leave this base for the time being.

At the very least, they have traveled a lot. The probability of collecting blue light balls again is greatly reduced. It is better to fuse the fragments from the Black Air Research Institute and then formulate the next plan.

——Before

the arrival of the blue potion, Xia Zhi was directly inside the base and spent a whole night recharging He Tiansheng's legs.

Yes, put energy into his legs. As for how to form a stable energy cycle, we have to look at the future situation. But obviously this approach is still useful.

He Tiansheng felt that using black energy crystals should have similar effects. Unfortunately, Xia Zhi strongly opposed it.

Early the next morning, Xia Zhi started his work.

She spent a morning using CAD to model the metal tower in the space.

Because mental power is hundreds of times stronger than the observation ability of the naked eye, Xia Zhi can perfectly describe the details of the entire metal tower.

He Tiansheng was so excited to get such an engineering drawing full of details.

"Xia Xia, with this, our repair work can be greatly accelerated."

Xia Zhi felt that it would be great if she could go deep into the metal tower and figure out the direction of every line inside.

She had a hunch that something terrible would happen after the eight metal towers were repaired. She also asked her own question:

"What is the function of the metal tower?"

-

The same question has appeared in the minds of many people throughout the secret base.

Everyone knows that this project is very important and related to the survival of mankind. But in the end, many skilled workers are not clear about what a metal tower actually is and what its function is.

Those who really know most of the truth are the small group of people leading the project.

So, on the third day of Xia Zhi's stay at the secret base, she received He Mingzhi's approval and could freely enter and exit the metal tower repair operation room.

"Hurry up, I'm going to follow you to the operation room to see the metal tower today. In two days, after Feifei and the others come over, I won't have time to come over." Xia Zhi got up from the bed early in the morning and pushed the man sleeping next to him

. He Tiansheng.

For more than half a year, the only people sleeping next to me are my daughters. Leng Buding changed from daughter to He Tiansheng. To be honest, Xia Zhi was really not used to it.

He Tiansheng is very used to it. No, it's rare to get up late these days. Many colleagues in the operation room laughed.

However, He Tiansheng didn't care about this. He only thinks that his colleagues envy him. After all, the only thing that worried him was the mechanization of limbs, which was about to be solved.

The two laughed and joked for a while, got up to have breakfast, and then went out immediately.

It took about half an hour of walking to reach the operation room.

The arrival of the summer solstice has obviously attracted the attention of many people. Many people came over very kindly and whispered to He Tiansheng not to let Xia Zhi get close to the operation room. After all, the radiation effects caused by these towers are terrifying.

He Tiansheng could only thank everyone for their concern, and after conducting a series of verifications with Xia Zhi, he entered the huge operation room.

From the perspective of the door, you can better appreciate the hugeness of the entire operation room. It's the kind that can't be seen at a glance.

"Our group of people entered through this door. Other team members entered through other doors. Everyone manages their own affairs and performs their duties." He Tiansheng sat in a wheelchair and briefly introduced to Xia Zhi how the eight groups of people performed high-level tasks

. Tower restoration work.

Xia Zhi nodded slightly, unable to take in the entire operation room. But she could feel the position of each tower and the trace energy field emitted by each tower.

"He Gong..."

"He Gong..."

One group is the group that He Tiansheng is responsible for. The metal tower they are responsible for is named Tower No. 1.

There are many metal elevators built throughout Tower 1 from top to bottom. Now many nearby elevator staff said hello after seeing He Tiansheng and the arrival of Xia Zhi.

Xia Zhi smiled back, then quickly glanced around. I found that there are really many, many countless skilled workers and researchers. And there are signs of mechanization in each of these people.

Fortunately, the blue potion will be delivered in two days.

Xia Zhi hopes that Central City Base can make a choice as soon as possible. After the entire blue light ball is integrated, the light ball can be released into space. By then, her mission would be considered completed.

"He Gong, the drawings you brought over yesterday are amazing. A line that I never knew how to repair before. It was connected today." "Yes, He Gong. Come over and see if welding like this is okay?" He Tiansheng came over

.

, just like a star. Many people called him to come over and help. And the pager he was wearing kept ringing.

This is Xia Zhi’s first time participating in this project. Before, I worked with He Tiansheng on projects related to aircraft.

Thinking of this, Xia Zhi once again turned his attention to the silver-white metal tower in front of him. Could this thing also have a flying function?

This is the only possibility that Xia Zhi can think of. Otherwise, why would He Tiansheng be approached for such a project?

She learned yesterday that all the people in charge of the eight towers were engaged in aircraft, power launch systems, and power delivery systems.

These people are all colleagues of He Tiansheng, but most of them are experts in the military industry.

Xia Zhi saw He Tiansheng surrounded by people, with assistant researchers looking after him. She said hello to the other party, and then stood on an elevated metal corridor a little further away.

This section of the corridor corresponds to a section of a metal tower that has been restored. The silver-white shiny metal looks exactly like the mechanical metal on the mechanical body. When I came to repair this metal tower, I must have added a lot of mechanical body.

In the gaps between these mechanical metals, although Xia Zhi couldn't see what was going on inside the tower, he probably knew that there were all kinds of strange circuits densely packed inside. According to Tiansheng, the internal circuit structure of such a metal tower has nothing in common with the Green River Star. When the tower was first discovered, everyone was helpless.

Because the knowledge used between the two is completely different.

It was some inspiration from He Tiansheng later and the emergence of mechanical ants that helped solve part of this problem.

The mottled tower body can be seen where it was later repaired and where it was the original parts. Xia Zhi put her hand gently on the tower, trying to sense the energy. However, there is obviously only a relatively subtle energy fluctuation. There is no other energy such as black gas or blue light balls.

Xia Zhi recalled the metal tower supporting the light ball in space. It doesn't seem to have given me such a strange experience.

However, she was not originally from a technical background. For things like this that are unclear, just write them down and prepare to give Tian Sheng a headache.

"How's it going? Did you find anything?"

After solving most of the problems, He Tiansheng slowly moved over in a wheelchair.

Xia Zhi put his hands back on the handrails of the metal corridor and shook his head: "There is just a strange fluctuation. It may be this kind of thing that caused your limbs to become mechanized." He Tiansheng was no longer as afraid of this as before

.

He then looked up at the tall metal tower in front of him, with the specific progress of the entire project in mind. With the drawings provided by Xia Zhi, some areas that were previously thought to be irreparable could be solved.

Xia Zhi glanced at He Tiansheng's confident face and directly expressed his views on the function of the metal tower.

When she spoke, she deliberately lowered her voice. The assistant also felt that he had gone far away, and they were the only two people in this section of the metal corridor.

After He Tiansheng heard Xia Zhi's words, his eyes flashed, and he looked at Xia Zhi with eyes full of admiration.

"Yes, that's it. This is the answer I thought of at the beginning."

——Central

City Base, Office of the Grand Leader.

Unlike the discussion between the couple in Xia Zhi, He Mingzhi here is having a headache.

When he received the news that Xia Zhi suddenly appeared at the secret base in the Northwest, he thought it was quite strange. And when Xia Zhi and He Tiansheng proposed to send their families there, and also applied for a batch of blue medicine, He Mingzhi could make the final decision on these issues.

However, when Xia Zhi mentioned that he wanted to fuse the blue light ball fragments here at the base, He Mingzhi felt his head hurt.

You know, the newly launched blue potion is really effective. A large number of people across the country have been relying on this potion one after another, and mechanical metals have begun to appear on their bodies from time to time. Although due to unstable energy in the body and genetic differences, these mechanical metals cover only a small part of the body. And it is intermittent and very unstable.

But it is undeniable that such mechanization is more acceptable to the general public.

As a result, there was a shortage of blue potion.

The most important source of blue potion production is actually blue light ball fragments. If this thing is really as Xia Zhi said, no one can be sure of what will happen after it is integrated with the main part in her hand.

To be safe, we should try to use the fragments to produce more mechanical metals, mutation potions, and blue potions before fusion. Make the best use of everything.

But if the information provided by Xia Zhi is not wrong. Obviously it is in the best interest of mankind to let the light spheres merge as soon as possible.

Such a dilemma, and a decision related to the survival of mankind, was not something He Mingzhi could make.

Therefore, he appeared in the big boss's office today.

After entering, by the time he left the office again, five hours had passed.

Not long after He Mingzhi left the office, Xia Zhi received a reply from the other party.

Agree to fuse the blue light ball fragments.

However, Xia Zhi needs to go to the central city base in person.

Xia Zhi checked the departure time of her daughter's transport plane and decided to fly back to the Central City base in person now. In addition to fusing the blue light ball, she can also take the same transport plane back to this base with her daughter.

He Tiansheng certainly agrees with Xia Zhi’s decision. He immediately helped arrange the flight and took off to the central city base in an hour.

Central City Base, the dormitory where Xia Zhi originally lived.

After receiving the call that Xia Zhi was coming back temporarily, Lao Mo said happily: "It's good to be back! There are some things at home that are convenient for you to come back." This means that many things at home need to be placed in Xia Zhi's space

.

After the summer solstice, I called Captain Hu again. After ensuring her safety, Captain Hu led the team back to Central City. Most of the official forces at Nanming Base have withdrawn. Those who remain there now are cyborgs. These people were able to show off their power before. But after the blue potion appeared, it fell silent.

Because the weather is bad, low temperature and heavy snow. The flight on the summer solstice took a full 8 hours to successfully land at the central city base airport.

After getting off the airport, she went home to repair herself overnight. According to He Mingzhi's arrangement, the integration time is set for tomorrow. The production line in the laboratory will work overtime tonight to produce an extra batch of blue potion.

"Mom, Mom. Where are you going?"

As soon as Xia Zhi entered the door, her daughter threw herself into her arms. As soon as he picked up his daughter, KK rubbed against her again, refusing to move away from her increasingly heavy head.

It took a lot of effort to comfort the two babies before they settled down. However, it has always been close to the summer solstice. She refused to leave even when she changed her clothes.

Lao Mo sat on a chair and watched the family of three laughing happily. Soon, Tian Sheng will be seen. When the family of four reunites, he, Lao Mo, will feel at ease.

"Old Mo, has anything happened this month? Is everything going well with Vincent?"

pó文{Qqún号+663:|867(589Although

he knew that Vincent would not have any problems at the Black Air Research Institute, Xia Zhi still subconsciously asked.

"How is he? Now he can control the mechanical metal to his thighs. I heard from him that in a while, he will definitely be able to cover his whole body with mechanical metal. Tell me, Xia Zhi, how cool this must be!" No matter it

is Adults are still children, and they are very enthusiastic about this kind of transformation similar to Superman. They

have complete freedom to control the mechanical metal to cover the surface of the body to form a protective armor. Isn't it just like the supermen on TV? "

You can do this sooner or later. " !" Xia Zhi joked with a smile.

But Lao Mo shook his head: "I heard that this kind of mechanization depends on genetic talent. No matter how much blue potion some people drink, they can't reach the level of Vincent." Many people drank

blue potion. After taking the erotic potion, the mechanization stimulated was only part of the body. But this kind of mechanization is already much superior to the mechanization in the Nanming base. Xia Zhi heard Lao Mo's depressing words and did not persuade him anymore. Anyway, time will tell everything

. KK can completely mechanize his limbs. As a person who has stayed with him for such a long time, Lao Mo must be unusual. The family has not seen each other for more than a month, chatting and laughing, and it passed in one night.

Summer

Solstice The next day, after helping to collect some gifts and bring them to the space, he asked Lao Mo to take Feifei and KK to the airport to wait for him. The airport also had to load the blue potion, which took some time. Unexpectedly, as soon as he went out,

Then I met Vincent.

Vincent looked surprised: "Xia Zhi, you're back!"

Xia Zhi nodded and looked at the backpack behind Vincent: "Are you going out?"

"Director He arranged an escort for me, Blue The mission of the potion."

Xia Zhi raised his eyebrows when he heard this. When he saw He Mingzhi, he asked directly.

He Mingzhi smiled and nodded: "Yes, I'll let Vincent go. I want to see him like this Mechanization, how will it change when facing the metal tower?"

Xia Zhi felt that such an experiment was unreliable when she heard it.

However, the purpose of coming today was to fuse the light ball fragments, so she did not make any further trouble. She

was led by He Mingzhi After walking into a laboratory, Xia Zhi thought he would see a lot of experimental equipment. Unexpectedly, it was an empty laboratory. There were several serious-looking people sitting inside. I saw it on TV before.

Obviously, these are the highest-level leaders.

"Xia Zhi, please project the blue light ball like last time."

Xia Zhi immediately understood what He Mingzhi meant and didn't say much. But According to the previous demonstration to He Mingzhi, the light ball was directly projected into the air. The

blue light ball that filled part of the gap appeared in front of He Mingzhi. He compared the image of the light ball he had seen before in his memory, combined with Captain Hu's report, After confirming that the structure of the light ball was correct, he nodded to several leaders. Then

, Captain Hu turned around and took out a metal box behind him. He placed it on the experimental table in front of Xia Zhi and opened it directly. Large and small blue fragments reflected Xia Zhi

had already sensed the existence of the fragments when he saw them. However, after seeing them, he still couldn't help but shrink his pupils.

In fact, the number of fragments is really large.

"These are all the blue fragments we have. You can fuse them first to see how much is left."

He Mingzhiyun said calmly. But how much effort he exerted behind the scenes, how many reports he made, how many reports he wrote, how many military orders he issued, he shouldered all these one by one without telling Xia Zhiming.

When the adult Xia Zhi saw the leaders, he knew that there were probably twists and turns in this matter. But the black energy swept across, and the apocalypse broke out. Many times it is no longer possible for people to be alone.

She pretended not to know those things and placed her hands on the fragments. Then the next second, all the fragments disappeared.

Although the leaders have long heard that the blue stone is bound to the summer solstice. Bluestone will absorb things upon contact. But reporting is one thing, seeing is another.

After watching the whole process, everyone tried to control their expressions.

They looked at each other and looked at Xia Zhi.

Xia Zhi has now closed his eyes and put his mental energy into space.

The moment those fragments entered the space, they immediately melted into a blue light ball and flew towards the blue light ball at the top of the tower.

Then, the whole space trembled slightly.

Just when Xia Zhi wanted to confirm the fusion of the light balls, he felt that the tremors seemed to be getting more and more intense.

This tremor is not a tremor in space, but a tremor in the body.

Realizing this, Xia Zhi immediately opened his eyes and looked at He Mingzhi.

At this time, He Mingzhi was answering the phone with one hand and holding the experimental table with the other.

Chapter 50

"It was detected that earthquakes of varying degrees were felt all over the world?"

This was what Xia Zhi captured from the voice on the other end of the phone.

And as these words came, there were constant subtle vibrations under my feet. The earthquake was not too strong, but it was definitely level 2 or 3.

Xia Zhi immediately took out her mobile phone and logged into social networks, and found that many people were asking online whether there was an earthquake. Because of the sweeping black air, people now live in high mountain and plateau areas. Most of the houses they live in are ordinary board houses. In addition, the shock was not strong, so many people thought it was no big deal.

However, Xia Zhi could tell from He Mingzhi's face that things might not be that simple.

At this time, there was a knock on the door. Several soldiers who came in escorted several leaders in the office and immediately went to the base conference room for an emergency meeting. After He Mingzhi hurriedly hung up the phone, he asked Xia Zhi to go to the Northwest Base as soon as possible to complete his mission. After that, he hurriedly kept up with the leaders.

Xia Zhi walked quickly towards the door, feeling the vibrations under her feet along the way. The faces of the staff at the institute were a little nervous.

This accelerated the pace of the summer solstice even more.

The institute is located some distance from the airport.

After Xia Zhi came out of the research institute, he immediately called Lao Mo who was waiting to board the plane at the airport.

The voice on the other end of the phone was very noisy and sounded urgent.

"Xia Zhi, come here quickly. There are earthquakes at the airport from time to time. If you're late, I'm afraid the plane won't be able to wait."

Of course Xia Zhi knew that certain conditions were needed for the plane to take off. Especially since they were traveling on a large cargo transport aircraft this time. A certain length of run is required for the aircraft to taxi.

After hanging up Lao Mo's call, Xia Zhi took out a special communicator and called He Tiansheng. The situation over there is much better than here. The shock was felt but not strong.

This made Xia Zhi feel a little relieved.

Just when she was about to find someone to take her to the airport, a sightseeing battery car came in front of her.

"Why are you here?"

The visitors turned out to be Fatty Bai and Fatty Liu, whom I hadn't seen for a long time. Not only were they two on the battery car, but Vincent's parents were also there.

"Xia Zhi, get in the car first. Let's talk in the car."

Fatty Liu drove the battery car and asked Xia Zhi to get on quickly.

After getting on the bus at the summer solstice, the battery car quickly passed through the winding mountain roads. There were many people standing in front of many buildings on the roadside. Everyone is worried that the tremors being felt now are caused by an earthquake. No one dared to enter the building.

The north wind is howling, and the temperature outside today is more than ten degrees below zero. And there was still light snow falling.

Not to mention that Xia Zhi was shivering from the cold while sitting on the battery car. Those people outside were even more so cold that their noses were bruised and their faces were swollen.

At this time, Fatty Bai was already talking about their coming to pick people up.

"Wen Sheng asked us to come here. He said he had temporarily changed his plan and wanted to take us away together. No, he immediately found a battery car to pick you up. He said you would appear on the road to the institute." Xia Zhi heard this

. I probably understand Vincent’s intention.

Obviously, Vincent's idea was the same as his own. I just don’t know how he managed to bring his family and friends to the Northwest.

——He

Mingzhi was already in the institute's main control room at this time, connected with the heads of the black gas institutes at all bases across the country.

The team responsible for seismic monitoring said categorically that the tectonic plates were very stable. But the earthquake was felt around the world. The earthquake was not felt strongly at the moment. Most of them are at level one, and a few are at level three.

At present, the entire ground has been occupied by black air. People also have no way of knowing what is happening on the ground. This so-called earthquake monitoring is actually not very accurate.

The team responsible for detecting black gas also said that the black gas appeared to be unchanged on the surface. The amount of black gas in the air did not suddenly increase. It seemed that except for the occasional vibration under my feet, everything was as usual.

However, the most ordinary things are the most abnormal at this time.

Whatever caused the tremors to appear, it was obviously not a trivial matter.

All scientific researchers in the network have this consensus.

After He Mingzhi finished the meeting with his team, he went to report the situation to his superiors without stopping.

Some plans really have to be advanced.

——At

the same time, Xia Zhi successfully arrived at the airport after half an hour's drive.

At this time, there were many people at the airport and it was very lively. Most of these personnel wear military uniforms and various uniforms. In addition to the density of people, there are also many materials being put on the conveyor belt. Obviously these supplies will be sent to the cabins of many aircraft ahead.

Is this a transfer of personnel and materials?

Xia Zhi, who has had several migration experiences, had some guesses in his mind after seeing this scene.

No wonder Vincent arranged for his family and friends to come over. Apparently he must have discovered something when he arrived at the airport. This matter was arranged immediately afterwards. Unexpectedly, before they left, there was another unexplained earthquake.

Vincent is helping take care of it in the waiting room. After seeing Xia Zhi come in, he immediately made a few gestures to Xia Zhi. The summer solstice confirmed at this moment that things were not simple. Worrying about the people coming and going outside, she just nodded to Vincent. Then he reached out to pick up his daughter and tied her with a sling.

For more than half a year, He Feifei's child has become accustomed to her mother carrying her on her back. She hugged her mother's neck with both hands very obediently.

Lao Mo took KK's dog leash and said, "Hurry up and register when you come. Our plane has been loaded with cargo and can leave at any time." Xia Zhi nodded and headed towards the pre-arranged boarding gate

. Go.

After getting on the plane, Xia Zhi discovered that the transport plane not only contained a lot of blue medicine. There were a few more passengers on the plane. Judging from their attire, they should be staff of the Black Gas Research Institute. And at their feet was a huge metal suitcase. Without opening it, Xia Zhi sensed that what was stored inside was the black energy crystal in the mechanical brain.

Obviously, the contents of this plane are very important.

There were only two flight attendants on the plane, both of whom were military personnel. The two soldiers arranged their seats and told them to put on their seat belts. Not long after, the plane began to taxi slowly.

In this way, Xia Zhi can have a panoramic view of the entire airport through the taxiing distance of the aircraft.

It was at this time that Xia Zhi discovered that this material transfer was not simple. It was a large-scale material transfer. She even saw those compressed biscuits loaded onto the plane one by one.

The plane taxied for a while and then took off.

After entering high altitude and flying smoothly, everything seemed to be going smoothly.

At this time, Xia Zhi had connected what he saw and had some guesses in his mind.

The captain on the plane was announcing the flight route and flight time. According to today's weather conditions, they are expected to arrive at the Great Northwest Base in more than four hours. After that, you need to transfer to a car or a yak to officially arrive at the secret base in the Northwest.

It was also at this time during the summer solstice that it was confirmed that the friends and family that Vincent brought over would be arranged at the Great Northwest Base.

After the two exchanged a few words, they temporarily stopped talking.

Xia Zhi turned his attention to the researchers sitting at the other end of the cabin. Or rather the metal box at their feet.

I wonder if bringing so many black energy crystals to the Great Northwest Base is related to He Tiansheng's previous research.

According to previous applications by He Tiansheng and He Mingzhi, black energy crystals can be used to alleviate the mechanization of limbs. However, after Xia Zhi proposed the energy of the blue light ball, this application was stranded. But now, looking at the number of metal boxes over there, it seems that all the inventory has been taken out.

In fact, the estimate of the summer solstice is correct. This plane is actually loaded with all the blue potions, mutation potions and black energy crystals in the entire central city base.

These things related to the future of the whole people are more important than any individual.

When they realized that the base was unsafe, they had already been arranged to board the plane and send them away today.

The flight went smoothly without any special problems. Even bumps didn't happen a few times. Everything seemed to be going very smoothly.

After Xia Zhi took care of her family and ate a few pieces of bread, she also prepared to close her eyes and rest for a while.

We'll reach our destination in an hour, and we'll still be busy by then.

However, her eyes just closed not long ago. The plane suddenly experienced a bump. I don't know what happened, but the plane seemed to have hit something. There was a vibration, and then the nose of the plane began to fall downwards.

The radio on the plane sounded, saying that it was hit by a flock of birds.

For more than a month, to be honest, I haven't seen many living birds during the summer solstice. Because of its innate advantages, this animal can escape faster than any other animal.

During the summer solstice, it is estimated that these winged animals must be hiding in the highest areas of many mountains and plateaus.

Now, their plane accidentally hit a bird?

Immediately, Xia Zhi knew that they were not unlucky.

Because when the number of birds increased, Xia Zhi had already sensed that they were a group of mechanical birds. She couldn't bear to think about why such a flying bird would be infected by black energy and turn into a mechanical body. Because the impact of aircraft is becoming more and more serious.

Groups of small mechanical birds, which looked like sparrows, were hitting the nose of the aircraft. In addition to the nose, even the wings, tail, and cabin glass windows were not spared.

Obviously, the attack of these mechanical birds was premeditated.

Seeing this, Xia Zhi immediately called everyone on the plane to prepare for battle. Then they asked the soldiers who had already stood up with weapons to say: "Hurry up and enter the cabin to protect the pilot. We will solve it here in the cabin." Just as they were talking, the bumpy and falling plane, while easing the downward trend, the

cabin One of the glass windows was chipped by a mechanical sparrow.

In an instant, everyone felt like they were about to be sucked out of the window.

Xia Zhi tightly grasped the seat belt and at the same time pulled out a mechanical metal knife and slashed at the mechanical sparrow that had flown into the cabin.

Silver light flashed, and the mechanical sparrow was split into two.

The rest of the people were not slow in their movements. They each took out their weapons and attacked the mechanical sparrow that flew over.

The most disadvantageous thing is that they have to wear seat belts and can only passively wait for the mechanical sparrow to attack. But there are also advantages, this thing is easy to deal with. They would only be in trouble if a mechanical eagle or something came.

In fact, the group of mechanical sparrows that attacked them this time had been dug out by the entire Black Qi Abyss with great pains. Because these winged animals basically run fast. I didn’t have much exposure to black energy in the first place. Liu Fen also spent a lot of effort to find such a group of mechanical sparrows.

Unexpectedly, the first time they were driven, Xia Zhi would kill them all.

Of course, Liu Fen still didn't know what happened on the plane at this time.

She only knew that there was a huge black energy crystal emitting energy inside the taking-off plane. This energy is like coordinates, allowing their robot to easily locate the aircraft.

There was also the incident of a group of mechanical sparrows attacking airplanes.

Xia Zhi still doesn’t know the cause of the matter. Otherwise, she would definitely lament that she was quite unlucky.

Although it was troublesome for the mechanical sparrow to interfere with the flight at high altitude, it was quickly subdued by everyone. Only a few researchers were slightly injured.

However, they didn't have to wait for a few minutes to be happy.

The announcement in the cabin sounded again: "Passengers, we are in trouble this time..."

It turned out that the mechanical sparrow destroyed the plane's engine when it attacked the plane. Now the plane has lost power and is starting to lose altitude from high altitude at an extremely fast speed. At this speed, their plane would fall into the black air abyss in just a few minutes.

When such a notification came out, the cabin was instantly silent.

Even if they were allowed to parachute to escape, they would eventually fall into the black abyss. The plane lowered its altitude until it crashed, and its final destination was still the black gas abyss.

Such a choice without a choice is despairing.

Vincent has already begun to express his regret to his parents and friends around him. One of his own decisions made them follow him to death.

The researchers were even more shocked and shouted that they must send the supplies on board to the Northwest. They cannot be sinners to mankind.

The excited researcher, the desperate companion, and the ignorant dog child. In my ears were the captain’s words of comfort, apology and regret over and over again.

Such a scene made Xia Zhi very uncomfortable. After feeling uncomfortable, she quickly made a decision.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 280 5
Author: I am my sister story not mine do not vote ok? [Crossing the Book + Doomsday + Cute Pet] Midsummer's mantra: The thief God wants my life every...
18.7K 460 30
Author: Pan Xingxing Lin Ling, a wooden power, died in the first year of the end of the world. It was the tenth year since he opened his eyes again...
14.3K 310 16
Author: Intermittent cramps STORY NOT MINE DO. NOT. VOTE. OK? for my offline reading only! Xia Meng experienced a terrible and tragic life and return...
8.7K 102 10
末世之我陪你 Author: Lazy Xiaole Category: Online Games Science Fiction Release time: 2022-01-25 Latest: Chapter 40 Finale original author's(Lazy Xiaole) w...