Ghosts Broken Mask

By TropicalVii

'You heard it. The soft crying of a male and you knew who it was. Ghost, your Lieutenant. It was coming from... More

Disclaimer
1 - 'Rage'
2 - 'More'
3 - 'Why?'
4 - 'C'mon'
5 - 'Shut up'
6 - 'Don't sleep'
7 - 'Your head?'
8 - 'Piggy back'
9 - 'Cut it out'
10 - 'Me too'
11 - 'Impressive kid'
12 - 'Death wish'
13 - 'Rookie please!'
14 - 'At ease solider'
15 - 'Oh, to be free'
16 - 'Innocently unaware'
17 - 'The arms of lonely'
18 - 'Clouded Sadness'
19 - 'Panicked Haze'
20 - 'Sad Nostalgia'
21 - 'Ravenous Hunger'
22 - 'His Control'
23 - 'Tag? ... tag.'
24 - 'Just us is fine.'
25 - 'Oh'
26 - 'I'll say'
27 - 'Again.'
28 - 'Waking up is winning'
29 - 'Thats it'
30 - 'Folks'
31 - 'Things'
32 - 'Lively'
33 - 'Ill be here'
34 - 'Busted'
35 - 'Early Bird'
36 - 'Speed'
37 - 'trouble'
38 - 'Coded'
39 - 'Banter'
40 - 'Meal time'
41 - 'Detention'
42 - 'Rory Love'
43 - 'Sharing is caring'
44 - 'Kendrick'
45 - Callsign Caltex
46 - Breach
47 - Reflections
48 - Obstacles
49 - Losing game
50 - Enlighten me
51 - enlightened?
52 - Just one
53 - Intoxicating
54 - 'You'll live Princess'
55 - 2 is better than 1
56 - My girl
57 - Soaps Company
58 - Safe & Sound
59 - Gold star
60 - birthday girl
61 - Perfect sense
62 - Not so chatty?
63 - Contentment
64 - the enemies
65 - 'Tired love?'
66 - SRGT RUSS & ROOK
67 - Engraved
68 - Don't Lie
69 - 'Discussable'
70 - The rearrangement
71 - Uneasy
72 - Walk of Shame
73 - Amen
74 - corruption
75 - Please
77 - Boss
78 - Behave
80 - Ghost?
81 - Yes?
82 - Torturous
83 - Odd

79 - Stage 2

1.2K 27 29
By TropicalVii

You push the girls towards the door before pausing. "If danger approaches do your best not to panic because you'll most likely end up getting us all killed." you say continuing to usher them out as you report back to Ghost. 

You meet him back around the hallway, watching as he comes out from an office that had been searched earlier, holding up a usb stick as his eyes meet yours. His attention is quickly taken from you and down to who you have at gunpoint. 

"You didn't kill them?" Ghost muttered, eyes looking them up and down before flicking over them and back to you. 

"They didn't look like enemies." you sigh, pushing them forwards a little more as Ghost steps behind them to walk alongside you. "You know Price would lecture me if I did." you add, glancing at him. 

He doesn't reply and gives a simple halfhearted shrug, nudging away your handgun and replacing it with his own up against the silent one's back. 

You had been trained to categorize any unplanned run-ins with those who seem to be general public. Meaning you get them from the building restrained and questioning is conducted away from mission location before the next actions are decided based of answers.

You and Ghost navigated back through the building with the company you had gathered still held at gunpoint much to Ghosts approval, the two of you both having a complete switched set of emotions. 

Here you turned emotions off, the only thoughts or feelings went towards the team's health. Unknown pupils or known enemies were treated with hostility if they left your presence alive. It made you and Ghost some of the toughest fighters in majority of situations. 

Missions that required extraction of an abducted person tended to be difficult, comfort was not on either of your radars meaning the pupil was not given the idea of safety fully. If this was Soap or Gaz, these two would be treated with a little more kindness. 

You seen it weak sometimes, allowing it freely in your own time but on the battlefield and midst of missions displayed kindness was what made people see you as frail, easy to break. These were strangers who could possibly kill you. 

Their fear was nothing to you both, tears did not make you feel guilt and pleads did not make you feel sympathy. Anyone who would think different was a fool, both you and Ghost had an unspoken similarity. 

You made it back through the building with them both alive at the end, having minimal encounters with the enemies. 

You squinted as you flipped up your goggles, the bright day blinding you for a second upon exit. You looked at your arm, finding place on your compass before nodding in the direction to Ghost who nodded back. 

You were the last to arrive at the meeting point, the team's eyes on your catch. Soap took over for Ghost as he went to explain what you had told him about the two to Price. You watched his reactions to Ghosts reports, unreadable expressions with thoughtful eyes. 

Shaded by the brim of his head, fingers digging into his beard a little as he considered the next moves. Price turned, hands holding the straps of his vest, he gave a nod to you before gathering everyone's attention and explaining our next moves. 

***

You pursed your lips, stepping away from the open truck door as the others exited. The soft crunch of gravel under boots as you were met with a frantic sight of struggle. The female who spoke trying to fight off Alejandro who held her cuffs. 

Her voiced dabbled with a light French accent, her cries and blubbers misunderstood in her state of frenzy. You raised your eyebrows, walking over as you scowled slightly, "Hey-." you muttered, gun pushing into her chest. 

She didn't stop the rambling but her movements stopped when confronted with the gun. "You think we can understand you when you're talking like a toddler?" you say, voice flat and eyes focused. 

"We can grant fair requests but only on the condition that we can understand." you say slowly. You watch as she nods quickly, failing attempts to take deep breathes. 

"You can't separate me and my sister." she says, making direct eye contact with you as if trying to let you see her desperation. 

"Why?" you say, asking the obvious question as you look over at Price holding the other one, who remains silent but clearly afraid. 

"She is non-verbal, mutism, she can not speak." she says, worried eyes gazing over you at her sister. You tilt your head, folding your arms with suspicious eyes. "Please, I'm telling the truth, tell me how I can prove to you." she pleads. 

"That's not my say." you speak, looking across at Price who hands the mute female over to Keegan, walking across towards you and Alejandro.

"She claims her sister is mute, the whole episode she had was about the separation." you say with a hushed tone. 

Price steps past you, his body easily towering over the female. "You and your sister are going to be divided weather you like it or not- but." Price is quick to say as her face falls. "Under the exception you can see her, but you may not communicate in any form, that's the only choice." Price says, making his point clear. 

She nods agreeing as she shares glances with her sister. She's taken inside under the care of you and Ghost for interrogation, being the ones she's been around most, trying to ease the atmosphere with somewhat familiar figures.

Price and Gaz task themselves with contacting headquarters and the other three are outside with the other female. You restrained the one being questioned to one of the dining room chairs, using rope to bound their limbs. 

You stand at the end of the hallway, backs to the glass doors that she faces, her sister on the other side, coming to terms with her conditions in exchange for communication. Ghost stands tall, arms folding, his figure a silhouette as his shadow darkens her seat. 

You glance at him, copying him as you straighten yourself and fold your arms, puffing your chest out as you steal another look for more analysis only to find him giving you a sharp glare, a warning to focus. 

You press your lips into a thin line, looking away as he steps forwards. "You got a good understanding of the rules?" he grunts as she nods, eyes darting around frantically. 

He clears his throat, "In order, I want your name, first and last, and your age." Ghost grunts, his voice clearer than day. "That includes your sister, you answer for her." he adds.

She nods, her voice a tremor as she has difficulty speaking over the lump in her throat. "My name is Ella Dupont, my sister is Olivia Dupont, we- .. we work for no one-! I swear, I do, on my life I swear." she says, stuttering and stumbling. 

"Thats exactly what is at stake here Ella, yours and your sister's lives." you say, speaking how you would a child despite its unnecessary presence. 

"Our father, he used to provide the facility with money to craft whatever it is they were working on." she says frantically.  

She starts to tear up and you shift awkwardly, looking away from her. "Our father, refused to continue payment after a fight he had with someone he was close to, and it seems that they were out for us because of it." 

"Your father worked with these people or just paid for productions?" Ghost asks.

"He was partners with the leader but wasn't ever at the facility, he would visit but not a lot" she says, shaking her head.

Both you and Ghost are raised in interested. "Tell us more about that." you say. "Your father and the leader." 

"I'm not sure who, because our father never told us much about his work. "Our parents were killed after all of us were tricked, we we're to be transported to another location for reasons I wasn't told".

"We inherit the fortune of our parent's death, I am to marry him to 'share' the fortune so he can continue on with the production, I do not know where he is, but I don't want to marry him but if I don't Olivia dies." she cries. 

You share a glance with Ghost before you both shift with sighs and deep inhales, she begins to ramble again, "We are from France, small town off Paris by waterside, we are 27 and and-"

"You still lived with your parents?" you say with a small laugh that drops when you remember you did too, somehow humbling yourself in a quick second as you duck your head. 

"Well yes, money you know? we did not need to work, no, we just lived because it was easier and better, oui?- but also our father didn't like us going far." she says. 

You just nod, rocking on your heels. "Any reason why?" Ghost asks. 

"He said that we had bad people who envy us and our wealth so to be safe we had to be around where protection was ensured." 

"I want a deeper explanation on your sister." Ghost says, his voice stern as she nods. 

"She's always been non-verbal, that's just how its always been, ever since we we're little she has been mute." 

"This is just the first stage of the questioning, we'll have to take you back to base with the explanation you just gave us, if they want you for the fortune then keeping you away could slow down whatever they plan to do." Ghost said, talking to you directly. 

"A lot of others will be asking you questions, if we see one flaw in the story you told us then that's the end of the road." you mutter narrowing your eyes at Ella. 

"I understand, my father didn't keep his business hidden from us just the details he knew would be dangerous for us to know." she says, seeming more than grateful with your answers. 

She tilts her head, looking out the glass doors towards her sister outside and smiles, looking back up at you and Ghost. "We could always be of help, no matter what intentions you have, I'm no stranger, believe me, but I am not trained well."

"Help?" you scoff, amused at her words. 

"Yes well, it seems like you have something against these people, if they want me and Olivia then how easy would it be to bait them, or even, because I'm angry." she says, her voice dropping with her eyes. 

"They killed your parents." Ghost said. 

"They killed my parents." she repeats back, sitting back in the chair with a solemn look on her face that you study for a second. 

Silence follows and you shift your stance, "Well, .. that's not very good." you mumble with a shrug, taking a glance at Ghost who stares back. You face back, catching Ella's eyes as she looks at you for a second.

"If that wasn't obvious?" she says back, confusion in her brows. 

You nod once, looking away as Ghost shakes his head. "No like- I meant that it's not good .. that they died .. and stuff.." you shrug. 

"..I wouldn't think death was good at all." Ella replies. 

"That depends on-"

"Rookie- .. go outside." Ghost interrupts with a sigh. 

"Right." you say with a nod, turning around and sliding open the doors as you stepped back into the humid heat of the day. You raise a hand above your eyes, smiling at the others as you walk the few steps over. 

"Kicked out?" Soap chuckles, looking back at the safehouse as you sit down beside Alejandro and Keegan. 

"You could say that." you smile. "I already know there's going to be a lengthy meeting about all this back at base." you add with a sigh. 

"Laswell will want to go over the mission and the find." Keegan says, matching your exasperated tone. You hum in reply, looking at the girl who stands quietly, less afraid in the presence of the three. 

"Olivia." you nod at her, saying her name catches her attention quickly and she stares at you for a moment before looking away. "You'll be fine as long as your sister watches her mouth." you add, hoping to catch her gaze again. 

She keeps her head down and gives a barely noticeable nod, her face hidden within her dark hair. From the angle she looks tired, even in the sun that casts a caramel glow to her skin, only then do you notice she hasn't looked at her sister once. 

Ella seemed to be the one with commands and requests, but nothing was ever taken to Olivia to see if she agreed to the terms. Its not like she couldn't communicate she just didn't talk. 

You tilted your head, eyes boring into her as you looked for anything else you could tick off as strange or odd. But she was still and quiet, a lot easier to be around than her sister. Keegan nudged you gently, dragging your attention away. 

"What are you thinking about?" he asked, a smile lifting his eyes with his words. You smiled back on cue and looked over your shoulder at the glass doors reflecting the field back, blocking your view from seeing inside. 

"Nothing really." you say slowly, looking back at Keegan for a second before focusing elsewhere. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 12.9K 47
Simon Riley x Reader Y/n is war correspondent who is embedded with the elite Task Force 141. From chasing the next news piece to evading gunfire, ex...
4.1K 69 6
Y/N (female) x Simon "Ghost" Riley Simon "Ghost" Riley is a cold hearted man. He finds you annoying and a pain in the arse(ass). Or that's what he w...
75.5K 2.5K 16
This is a slow burn, enemies to lovers fanfiction. I hope you enjoy :) You are chosen as the right-hand man to General Hodges who oversees an America...
571K 11.6K 32
You're a new addition to the Task Force 141. You quickly become friends with everyone except Ghost, who just seems to tolerate you. Slow burn, enemi...