King's Obsession

By ASTERHaru

In the realm of shadows, their souls collide, He, a tempest of hatred, she, love's gentle tide. A monstrous h... More

CHAPTER-1 Rouse Kingdom
CHAPTER-3 The royal family
CHAPTER - 4 (PURGE PART - 1)
CHAPTER -5 ( PURGE-2)
CHAPTER -6 ( PURGE-END)
CHAPTER -7 EMPEROR
CHAPTER -8 KING AND QUEEN
CHAPTER-9 FRUSTRATION
CHAPTER -10 CORONATION
CHAPTER-11 First kiss of acceptance(END OF SEASON)
CHAPTER-12 Truth of 'The monarch'
CHAPTER-13 Preparation of wedding
CHAPTERS-14 Monster
CHAPTER-15 Fight to protect
CHAPTER-16 Escape part-1
CHAPTER-17 Escape-part 2
Author's note
CHAPTER-18 Crimson fire
CHAPTER-19 Last memories
CHAPTERS-20 Return to the palace
CHAPTER-21 Another beginning or end?

CHAPTER-2 Crown Prince

227 9 1
By ASTERHaru

"Been a while... Carol, Idris, Beth!"

A voice as frigid as the winter's breath, capable of thawing even the iciest hearts. Glistening strands of golden hair danced in the moon's gentle glow, cascading through the open window, while fiery crimson eyes peered down upon Carol, unmasking the man's chilling countenance.

Carol glares at him silently, with disgust and anger, as she covers the girl.

"Please don't judge me harshly. She initiated the interaction and I simply responded." The man rises to his feet, a self-assured grin on his face.

he continued, "Why exert effort when you feel overwhelmed? She struggled so much that she couldn't endure even a single round!"

Hearing those cold, heartless words struck Carol like a sharp dagger, leaving her utterly speechless. The weight of the words hung heavily in the air, freezing her voice and paralyzing her thoughts. In that moment, her mind raced, desperately searching for a response, but her lips remained.

"Why the silence? Have you perhaps forgotten about me since our last encounter?" The man gazes at Carol, a warm smile gracing his face.

Carol thinks.
HOW CAN I FORGET YOU, YOU BASTARD!
I HATE YOU TO THE CORE, AND YOU THINK I WILL FORGET YOU? WHY ARE YOU STANDING IN FRONT OF ME WITH THAT IRRITATING SMILE?
EVEN AFTER DOING SUCH A HEINOUS THING, HE STILL LOOKS SO PROUD.

"Your Highness, please forgive my ignorance for not immediately recognizing the distinguished crown prince. You are the radiant sun and the embodiment of our empire's future. As for this young lady, I was merely curious about her presence. Could she perhaps be your esteemed companion? If you permit, I would be honored to assist her in leaving this place," Carol offers her assistance sincerely.

"Who said you could help her?" A frigid voice pierces the air, accompanied by a withering glare that sends shivers down Carol's spine. Her body freezes in terror, as if caught in the grip of an icy hand.

"Your Highness, I couldn't help but notice that she is lying here in such a disgraceful manner. It deeply troubles me to think that her actions could potentially tarnish your esteemed reputation. My only intention is to express my genuine concern for you, my lord," Carol says, her smile carefully crafted to convey her utmost sincerity and to ensure your satisfaction, as the crown prince.

"That's precisely why I admire you, Carol. Your eloquence is truly remarkable. Undoubtedly, she is a disgrace, but why should the burden of helping her fall upon your shoulders? It was her own choice to approach me with that avaricious gaze, therefore she should be responsible for finding her own way back."

"Your Highness, forgive me, but I cannot help but express my concern for her well-being, As she looks very weak." Carol says, her voice laced with genuine worry.

"Of course, who do you think I am? Not many can keep up with me after experiencing a night in my company, let alone stand on their own two feet."

WHY ARE YOU SO PROUD, YOU A&&H@LE?!

"Carol, you just thought that I seemed a bit too confident about it."

YES, I DID. YOU SHAMELESS SHIT.

"No! Your Highness, I didn't think..."

"Well, your thoughts are hardly of any significance," The Crown Prince interjects, striding purposefully towards Carol.

LET ME SPEAK, YOU SHIT.

With genuine concern in his eyes, he gently grabs her hand and helps her stand.He releases her hand but keeps a comforting presence by her side.

"Carol, let's not keep you on the ground for too long, or we wouldn't want anything to spoil the elegance of your beautiful dress," the Crown Prince says with a charming tone, laced with a hint of flirtation.

LIKE I CARE.

Carol makes an unpleased face.
The Crown Prince's laughter reverberates through the room, his amusement evident as he observes her expression.

""You still make me laugh with those funny faces of yours. It was a pleasure meeting you, Carol. I trust you'll take good care of this young lady. As for me, I must bid you farewell. I have an empire to run and a toast to raise in its honor." The Crown Prince affectionately ruffles her hair before departing.

Carol pauses for a second and raises her hand.

She ruffles her hair aggressively.

DISGUSTING, THAT ASSHOLE TOUCHED MY HAIR.
SHOULD I JUST GET BALD?
SHOULD I JUST PEEL MY SKIN OFF WITH IT?
AHHH, HE GIVES ME CHILLS!

FIRST, LET'S GET THIS GIRL TO HER MAID.
SHE MUST BE THE VISCOUNT'S DAUGHTER.
THEY ALWAYS USE THEIR DAUGHTER AS A SCAPEGOAT TO GET THE CROWN PRINCE'S FAVOR.

"She is heavy!" Carol gives her support on her shoulder.

WHY AM I STUCK HERE?

After sending the girl back. Carol go back to the ball.

.
.

"Where were you? Mother was looking for you everywhere, Carol, and what happened to you? You look like you were in a battle," Chloe asks while helping Carol.

"It's all because of that asshole. I wish he becomes a fish, and then I will eat him after frying him in a hot pan. I hate him!! I hate him so much!!" Frustration takes over Carol.

"Language, Carol, language. Why do you even hate him so much? I mean, not everybody likes him, but still, he never did anything bad to you or our family. Sure, he is a ruthless person, thirsty for blood and many gets killed by him for useless reason but he considers you friend......i guess."

"He didn't do bad to me?are you out of your mind. Did you forget what I had to go through my whole life? And what friend, that bastard only know how to bully me."Carol shouts at Chloe.

THAT'S RIGHT! THE REASON I HATE HIM BECAUSE HE BULLIED ME MY WHOLE CHILDHOOD.

I WAS FIVE WHEN I FIRST MET HIM AND CERBERUS.

"There's no denying it. I am lost! How am I so bad at directions? But why is the royal garden so big? Mom should have noticed that I am not there. She is going to make a big deal out of it," Carol frustrates.

As she was walking, she hears whimpers of an animal. She follows the whimper and finds a small black puppy lying down injured.

"What happened to you?" Carol runs to the pup and picks it up.

"You... can see it?" a voice comes from the front.

Carol looks up and sees a beat-up boy standing in front of her.

GOLDEN HAIR? HE MUST BE A ROYAL, BUT THEN WHY IS HE INJURED HIMSELF?

"Hey... did you do this to him?" Carol asks with confusion.

"So you can see it. Are you a witch?" the boy asks calmly.

"What...?" she gets confused.

"No, I don't do such a shabby job. If I would have done it, he'd be dead." Boy answers coldly.

WH...WHAT A JERK!
THIS KID DOESN'T CARE AT ALL.
WHATEVER, I SHOULD TAKE HIM TO THE ROYAL PHYSICIAN.

Carol turns and takes the puppy with her.

"No use in taking him with you. Not like he can be cured by them."

Carol doesn't listen to him and continues walking.

"You have bad manners of not listening to others," the boy follows her."

I AM IGNORING HIM.

"Carol walks fast. "Do you even know where we are going?" the boy asks, but she ignores him and speeds up.

After a while of following, she gets angry and turns around, and they bump their heads together.

"Woah, you have no manners and no brain," the boy says calmly with no emotion.

Carol tears up and shouts, "What is your problem? I am just taking this puppy to the doctor. Can't you just... leave me alone? Hic... hic..."

The boy stares at her crying for a while silently, as if he saw something new.

"You... are so weak. Who cries for something like this? Are you a kid?"

"YES, I AM!" Carol shouts while crying.

“Alright... I admit it was my mistake. Here, hold my hand," He says gently. She reaches out, intertwining her fingers with his, offering a sense of solace. In her other hand, she cradles the adorable puppy, providing a source of warmth and comfort for both of them.

"Do you want to heal this puppy?" the boy asks while walking with her.

"Of course, he is injured after all."

"What about me? I am also injured."

" I have no interest in humans." Carol answers.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT MADE HIM HATE ME SO MUCH AFTER THAT HE STARTED BULLYING ME.

CAROL AGE-5 CROWN PRINCE AGE - 8

IN THE FLASHBACK.

" Carol, do you know? They say If you eat a lizard, you will become a witch. Let's check, shall we....."Little Crown prince with a scary smile while holding a wiggling lizard grazing Carol.

" No....... Nooooooo!!!!"

CAROL AGE-7 CROWN PRINCE AGE-10

" Why are you not happy, Carol? I thought you liked animals. That's why I bought you so many.

" You.....you shit! I said I like small animals! Not the deadly beast from the dark forest." Carol shouts from the middle of a scary five - leg beasts licking her while crying.

" Heheh! Carol, that's not good. You cannot talk to me like that. Good thing there are only these cute animals are here!" crown prince giggles.

"I don't care, just get me out of hereeee!!!" Carol says while crying and shouting.

THERE IS SO MANY MORE. ONCE HE GAVE ME THE CURSED BOX FROM THE DARK FOREST. I HAVE TO ROAM AROUND WITH A MUSTACHE ON MY FACE FOR A WEEK.

HE IS HEARTLESS AND SLY. I WILL NEVER!!
NEVER EVER LIKE HIM.

THANKS FOR READING.
DO VOTE IF YOU LIKE IT.
ENJOY.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 491 28
Him: I've become crazy in your love. She: I never asked you to love me. (She says with an emotionless face) Him: (Seeing her reaction, his heart ache...
11.6K 221 42
The crazy Emperor wants to kill me because he thought I was his wife that betrayed him. *** Suddenly, he drew his sword, pointing it directly to my v...
804 54 25
[MATURE CONTENT/NO RAPE] He was Fire... She was Water... But how could fire and water become one without destroying one another? ~ "Why are you ru...
652K 29.6K 42
'Do you know why you are suspended from ceiling krasivaya?' he whispers in my ears and wipes the sweat dripping from my neck due to the trepidation a...