The Future. (Doctor Who FanFi...

By DanielleMWhelan

*SEQUEL TO 'A Second Chance'* Years in the future, Molly is about to face the adult world. Can she face the... More

Weddings.

The Shopping Trip.

742 72 36
By DanielleMWhelan

The Shopping Trip.

Molly's P.O.V.

22nd March 2015

“Amy! Sit still! Rory, leave your sisters hair alone!” I stressed, strapping them into their car seats.

“But mummy! I don't want to go!” Amy whined, folding her arms.

“Tough. We need to go.” I replied, shutting the door.

“Why can't we stay with daddy?” Rory asked, trying to sound innocent.

“You know why not. We're giving your daddy the day off. Besides, mummy has been working a lot lately, so I'll like to spend time with you. Alright?” I explained, fasting my seat belt.

“Fine.” The both muttered, both doing their separate things.

I started up the engine, and pulled out the drive way, as we made our way to the shops. We traveled along the road, just listening to the radio, before we arrived at the supermarket. I unbuckled the kids from the car and held their hands, as we walked towards the shop.

Everything seem eerily quiet for a Saturday night at the shops, as it was just us and another family walking in. Inside was just the same. A few bored workers sat at the tills, along with other workers milling around the area. I grabbed a basket from the side, before walking down the aisles.

“Hey, Amy? Can you do mummy a favor? Go run down that way and grab the chocolate you and Rory want.” I smiled, pointing down the other way.

“Sure. Come on Rory!” She giggled, grabbing Rory's arm and running off.

I laughed to myself, as I walked down the dairy aisle. The family of four who had walked in at the same time as me, were all huddled together at the other end. They didn't seem to notice me, so I carried on getting the stuff I needed.

I was grabbing a pack of yogurts from the shelf, when a blue light randomly appeared. A weird buzzing noise over took, as more blue lights appeared. I turned round to see what was going on, only to be met by a sight I didn't want.

The family, that once stood there before, had been replaced by four large green things.

“We may just be here in a poxy supermarket, but tomorrow we shall rule the world! Slitheen will rule the Galaxy!” One of the things cried.

“Oh god.” I gasped ,dropping the yogurts to the floor.

“HUMAN! WE'VE BEEN SEEN!” One of them screamed, as they all turned to face me.

“STOP HER! SHE CAN'T KNOW OUR PLAN! KILL HER!”

“Oh, this is just great!” I muttered, as I dropped the basket to the floor and took off running.

“LET OUR HUNT BEGIN EARLY!” I heard them screeched, as they ran after me.

I kept running round the store, in hope of loosing them, but I was getting no luck. But just as I as abut to give up, when a figure started running towards me. I could make it out as a man, as he shot past me and ran towards the aliens.

“Hey! Don't go that way! THERE'S ALIENS!” I yelled, probably sounding mental.

“I know, that's why I'm going there!” He shouted back, as he turned down another aisle and out of sight.

“Eurgh. Idiot.” I muttered, as I skidded to a halt.

I stopped dead, before turning round and running after the man. Yes, I was being stupid but I wasn't going to just run off and let him die. I'm not that mean! I sprinted towards the aisle he turned down, and stopped at the edge. I lent round the corner, only to see the man confronting the aliens.

“Oh no... Trust you to be here.” I whispered, with a faint smile on my lips.

“'Ello Slitheen! Long time no see! What the hell are you doing here then?” He asked, as I noticed he was holding a large gun shaped object.

“IT'S YOU! OUR MORTAL ENAMY! You've changed since we last saw you.” They replied, staring at him intently.

“Well, I got into a bit of trouble. Anyway, answer the question. What are you doing here on Earth.” He asked again.

“We're taking over the planet! We shall harvest this pathetic spot in the Universe and sell it! And we shall succeed!”

“Don't think so. Not with me around. But, what? You intend to take over Earth.. From a supermarket?”

“Today a supermarket, tomorrow the world! The stupid humans will never expect an attack from in here!” They cried, sounding triumphant.

“Good thing I'm here to stop you!” He replied, making me role my eyes.

“You cannot stop us, Doctor! We shall stand victorious about this puny planet and laugh as we watch it burn.”

“See, that's where I come in. Like my gun?” The Doctor inquired, holding it up.

“History shows that The Doctor never uses gun! You won't stop us!”

“Oh, it's not a normal gun. It's a water pistol. But it doesn't contain water.” He stated, taking aim at them.

“What is inside this cheap children's toy that could possibly stop us?”

“Vinegar.” The Doctor revealed.

He quickly squirted the vinegar over the aliens, as they screamed in pain. Smoke started arising from their body, as they looked at The Doctor in pure hate. The stormed towards him, as he backed away. One lifted it's large claw hand in the air, ready to strike him, but I was already running towards them.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” I screamed, running at The Doctor.

He turned round, but before he could see me I shoved him to the floor. I stood facing the Slitheens and expected to be struck by their large claws. But instead, something I didn't expect happened.

The exploded. Right in front of me, they exploded. Their skin burst, and all their guts exploded onto me. Did I mention? THEY EXPLODED!

“AHHHH! THAT'S DISGUSTING!” I yelled, trying to shake the green stuff from off me.

“Hello. Sorry, just had to stop the aliens. Thanks for pushing me over but now you're a bit covered in green alien guts, but not to worry. You're safe now. I've save you. Ohhh and.... You're hugging me. Why are you hugging me? Well I just saved your life, I expect your feeling a bit grateful.” The Doctor rambled, as I pulled him into a hug.

“Doctor. Shut up.”

“How do you know my name?” He asked, pulling away from me.

“It's me, you idiot!” I stated, rolling my eyes.

“MOLLY!” He cried, smiling widely.

“Doctor!” I laughed, as he hugged me again.

“What are you doing here?”

“I was just shopping with the kids! What are you doing here?” I inquired, as I looked at his now covered in green goo shirt.

“Just stopping some aliens. Hang on, shopping with the kids? Where are they then?” He asked, looking round me.

“Oh god...” I muttered, as I ran off in the other direction.

“Molly? What's wrong?” The Doctor puzzled, running after me.

“AMY! RORY! Where are you?” I shouted, running towards the aisle where I told them to go.

“MUMMY!”

“Ah, there you are!” I breathed, skipping to a halt down the aisle I left them.

“Us? You were suppose to be here when we got back! We got the chocolate and then you were gone! We thought you'd left us!” Amy replied, as they both looked angry.

“Hey, I would never leave you! Why do you think I would ever leave you?” I asked, bending down to their eye level.

“Because Daddy did.” Rory whispered, pulling me into a hug with them both.

“Oh sweetheart. I'm sorry, Mummy didn't mean to run off. She got a little side-tracked. I'm very sorry. But look who I bumped into.” I smiled, turning them to face The Doctor behind me.

“Doctor!” They both cried, running towards him.

“Oh no, here comes trouble! Hello you two. My how big you've gotten!” The Doctor smiled, bending down to hug them.

“Well you haven't seen them in two years!” I laughed, walking over to them.

“Two years? I've been gone two years! That makes you two, seven years old and Molly is... 25?” He guessed, looking expectant.

“Got it in one.”

“Seven years old, ey? God that was ages ago for me. Can't believe I miss two of your birthdays! Tell you what, shall I come to your 8th birthday party?” The Doctor asked, smiling widely.

“YAAAYYY!” The cheered, jumping with excitement.

“I guess I'll plan a party then. Guess we'll see you on the 18th of August then.” I smiled, glad of being able to see him again.

“It's a date.... Ohhh... hang on? What's that?”

“What's what?” I asked, looking at him confused.

“That noise.. Oh, TARDIS! Forgot about that! I'd better be off then. Before the store people find out what happened in here and blame me. I would suggest you do the same. Don't want you getting arrested. Again.” He smirked.

“Hey it was one time! Wait... How do you know about that?” I inquired, slightly panicked.

“Like I said, I'm watching you. Anyway, hugs please.” He stated, holding out his arms.

“Why?”

“Because I'm leaving and so are you, and I'm not seeing you until August. So, hug me please.”

“Alright, Mr Demanding.” I sighed, walking up to hug him.

“When we came back, why did Rory think you'd left him like his Dad?” He asked, making me sigh.

“Me and Chris had a brief split. Nothing much. Everything just got to much, we had an argument, he left us. A month later we were fine. That was a few months back. We're fine now. Hey, don't look so worried.” I explained, looking at his concerned face.

“Can I not help in anyway?”

“Afraid not. This isn't one of those things you can just fix. We're great now anyway. Don't worry about us.”

“I always worry about you. Anyway, nice to see you again. Sorry about the Slitheen guts, but thanks for saving me from it. See you soon.” He announced, saluting at the kids.

“See ya, Doctor. Stay careful!” I laughed, as he back away.

“Oh Molly. Where's the fun in that? Geronimo!” He cheered, before running off into the distance.

“Mummy? Can we go now?” Amy asked, tugging at my arm.

“Yeah, put the stuff on that shelf. We'll just order online when we get home!” I smiled, grabbing their hands and walking away.

Just as we got to the doors, I looked round to one of the workers at the desk. I nudged the kids out the door and told them to wait by the car, as I walked over to the bored looking girl.

“Excuse me? Hello, sorry to bother you. But you might want to look down aisle 16. Thanks, have good night.” I smiled, before walking off.

Then I couldn't help but laugh as the over head annoy system announced the news, as they went to the aisle.

Clean up on aisle 16 please. Clean up on aisle 16 and please hurry!”

Continue Reading