lover - alexia putellas

By rubyputellas

"all's well that ends well to end up with you, swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover." the one where... More

lover
01
02
04

03

1.2K 68 2
By rubyputellas

👩🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👩🏼❤️‍🔥🕊️💋 — lover

I apologise for such a delay in this chapter upload! life has been hectic and writers block has been a bitch but enjoy x

20th july 2019
barcelona, spain

liked by ellatoone, maryearps1, alessiarusso99 and 12,466 others

sophiatoone encuéntrame en barcelona

tagged; ellatoone

253 comments

ellatoone i have no idea what that caption says but you look fit
sophiatoone all thanks to the pics u took x

username slay girlie xxxxxxx

username this girl is so much stronger than me, I could barely manage wearing shorts in spain

username 😍😍😍😍

leahwilliamsonn Amazing as always my girl x
sophiatoone adore you so much xxxx

username manifesting this for me 🥹🥹🥹🥹

username 🖤🖤

username the tan is already giving Barcelona babe

kirstysmith.11 Obsessed with you and this outfit!!!
sophiatoone My Kirsty girl!! 🩷 come and visit anytime xxx

username why didn't my teachers look like this in school 😔😔😔😔

username prettiest girl ever x

Barcelona, so far, had been an absolute dream. The constant sun and warm weather, along with all of the history and landmarks that the glorious city had to offer and the overall atmosphere of the holiday destination. It was the complete opposite of being back in Manchester, the blonde never being exposed to this much constant sun in the twenty three years that she had been on the earth for but feeling oh so lucky that sunny city was now her home for the upcoming three years of her future, excited to see what or who it was about to bring her.

Despite only living here for the one weekend since arriving, Sophia truly couldn't imagine living elsewhere, the Spanish city capturing her heart entirely. It was heavenly. But how could it not when everybody, from the strangers on the street to the shop workers to her new neighbours, had been nothing but lovely and welcoming to her, even when her Mancunian accent slipped out when speaking their mother tongue. Nearly every person was kind and generous enough to offer the Englishwoman recommendations of their own in different aspects, ranging from restaurants that they loved that weren't entirely busy but popular enough to the more tranquil and quiet places to have a nice walk.

However, no matter how quickly Sophia had settled into her new home, the love she held for the Catalonian city and the new height of independence that this move graced her with, the blonde couldn't fill the gap in her heart that only belonged to her little sister. Although that they had only said goodbye to one another a few days prior, Sophia had looked forward to nothing more than having Ella back with her, the brunette using her week off to come over to Barcelona to help her sister in properly sorting out her apartment.

It was only on their second journey up the stairs that Ella wished she had never actually said anything about helping out, the brunette using every single opportunity to moan and whine about how her back shouldn't be hurting that much at the ripe age of nineteen, each comment earning a chuckle and a hit to the shoulder from the older sister.

A few hours had passed since the beginning of the sisters building session, both women deciding to round up on their day of building the rest of Sophia's furniture, the two women rewarding the home improvements and their efforts with a trip to one of the bars that the teachers neighbours had recommended that morning, after helping the two women carry up the multitude of boxes back to the blonde's apartment.

"None of this would be possible without these babies." Ella bragged, rolling up the sleeves of her shirt in an attempt to showcase her muscle before pushing up her bicep to create a desired hump on her tanned arm, the scene causing Sophia to laugh at her, earning a stern look in return.

"You and your bloody muscles." Sophia shook her head, walking past her sister to adjust the coach in the correct position, all angles of the coach now being shone on by the sun. "You know, I thought being a professional footballer meant that you were supposed to have some."

A gasp of betrayal and disbelief that her own sister had come at like that left Ella's mouth, sulkily crossing her arms over her chest. "Oh you cheeky shit, I'm gonna tell mum."

"I'll have to ask Kirsty to keep an eye on you when you're back 'cause god knows what you do in that gym."

"Excuse you, I actually work hard in the gym." Ella followed Sophia into her bedroom, that being the only room that had already been finished, prior to today, throwing herself on the bed with a sigh of relief.

"Being cautious to not break a nail is not working hard, El." Sophia laughed back as she scanned through her wardrobe in hopes of finding an outfit for tonight that was both casual enough to make it seem as though her outfit was effortless yet sexy enough for a Saturday night in Barcelona, settling on favourite pair of jeans and a gorgeous, yet simple, black tied top.

"You're one to talk about breaking a nail." The Manchester United midfielder defended herself. "Who had to open the boxes and get everything out of it because you didn't want chip your French tips."

Knowing that there was no way she could retaliate back with anything, Sophia simply huffed and turned back to face her sister. "Are you going to lie there all night or actually get ready?"

In a record time of fifty-six minutes, both women were more than ready to go out, excited to feel the breeze after spending the whole day of being cooped up in the apartment doing nothing but building, with the occasional karaoke break midway through.

Surprising to both Mancunian women, the bar was not as busy as either of them had anticipated, enough people for good business but not too much where you would be scrambling for a seat. The atmosphere was unmatchable, everybody singing, laughing and drinking with one another as if they'd known them all for their whole lives, the pair of them even identifying some English accents in the mix and slotting themselves in the spare seats that were emerged in the familiarity of home.

Sophia and Ella were having the time of their lives, to say the very least, the drinks were regular and free in some cases and the pair had even been up contributing their part to karaoke just like they would at home, islands in the stream earning cheers of endearment from those who witnessed the scenes, many voices deciding to join in with the two girls.

It was a mere few minutes after sitting back down that Sophia's adrenaline had finally ran out, quickly dismissing herself to the girls bathroom, unaware of what she expected to walk in but it was definitely not a woman cursing to herself in the mirror, pulling at the loose ends of her platinum hair. "Hola."

"Hola." The tattooed woman replied back to Sophia, feeling her lips turn up in a light smile at the friendly smile that she was greeted with when they made eye contact in the mirror. "Habla Español?"

"Si, pero sólo un poco, soy mejor con inglés." Sophia nodded, taking a few steps closer to the unknown woman, cautious of not invading the strangers personal space but hoping that her question would get the answer she was expecting. "Would you like some help?"

"Por favor." The Spanish born woman dropped her hands in defeat from her hair to the bathroom counter, thankful that her hair was finally getting the tlc that she had tried oh so hard to give, watching intently as she watched Sophia perfect her hair with ease and patience. "Nothing looks good when I try to do it."

"You look amazing so I wouldn't worry about it at all, qué te parece?" Sophia smiled genuinely, always loving when she was able to help other women, finding that the girls bathroom was always a key place to meet new people and to feel safe around other women, stepping back to provide the woman with space.

"Perfect, muchas gracias." The tattooed woman beamed at herself, turning her head to get a better look at her hair before turning to face the teacher, holding out her hand. "María, but people just call me Mapi."

Shaking her hand in response and repeating the newfound name, complimenting it as the Mancunian held a smile on her face before finally introducing herself. "Sophia, lovely to meet you."

"I love your shirt, it's so nice." Mapi complimented her, Sophia thanking her before the two women were suddenly delving into a conversation about where she had bought it from and what it looked good with. "I should go before my friend starts worrying, thank you again."

"Buenos noches, Mapi." Sophia waved as both women went in their separate directions, the blonde's need for the toilet quickly catching back up to her, using the time after to touch up her own makeup and hair before walking back out to see her sister back doing karaoke with one of the women they had sat with, shaking her head with a laugh and deciding to take herself to get them both another drink, slotting herself on the quieter side of the bar so that she observe and laugh at her sisters impeccable rendition of abba's voulez vou, oblivious to the gorgeous pair of hazel eyes that had landed on her.

Alexia hadn't been at the bar much longer than Sophia and Ella, spending the last fifteen minutes trying to find the right table that ticked everything off of her mental criteria.

Far away enough from karaoke so that she didn't get dragged up? Tick.

Close enough to the bar to get one when she wanted? Tick.

It having the perfect view of the blonde woman that she had been infatuated with since she came in? Tick, tick, tick.

Alexia wasn't sure exactly what it was about the blonde stranger that immediately caught her eye but she was very glad that it did. The way her balayaged hair cascaded down her glowy, tanned back, the way her bright blue eyes glistened as the mirrorball took its turn in shining down above her, the way she seemed so happy singing and dancing with people she could only presume that were strangers or the way her clothes hugged her body perfectly, accentuating each and every single one of her gorgeous curves; every part of her made Alexia more and more intrigued to know her and who she was.

"Call me crazy but I feel like I've seen that woman before." Alexia told her best friend, adjusting her position in the booth so that she could continue to see the unknown woman at the bar, the woman who she was desperate to get another glimpse of.

"Which one? I want to see." Mapi practically threw herself on top of her best friend, also wanting to catch sight of the woman who had caught her friends usually undivided attention, not being used to her talking about anything other than football, her family or her dog.

"Try not to make it look too obvious but her by the bar." Alexia nodded in the direction of the bar, her hazel eyes fixed on the one woman who had captured her attention since walking in. "The blonde one."

"The blonde one? Ale, are you being serious?" Mapi playfully rolled her eyes at her best friends vagueness, now needing to point out the obvious. "Theres about four blonde women over there."

"The one in jeans and the black top with the bow at the back."

"She's really nice, I saw her when I went to the toilet, she even helped me sort my hair out." Mapi gasped in surprise when she realised that this was the same woman from earlier, the smile remaining on her face as she explained what had happened once she saw Alexia's look of confusion. "She was doing karaoke when we came in, that's probably why you recognise her. Go and speak to her, Alé."

"I'm not even sure if she'd actually talk to me or if she even likes women."

"Well it looks like there's only one way to find out then, isn't there?" Mapi patted Alexia's thigh in positive encouragement, not wanting her to let such a nice and pretty woman get away just because of a minuscule worry. "Just go over to the bar, stand next to her and order a drink."

"Map, in what world is that going to work?" Alexia tutted, finally diverting her attention away from Sophia to send a look of disbelief to her friend, in addition to raising her eyebrows to reinforce her argument.

"This one." Mapi nodded in full confidence. "Just trust me and do it."

With a sigh and a shake of her head, yet a small inkling in her gut and heart to do as her best friend had said, Alexia pushed herself out of the booth and made her way over to where Sophia had found herself, turning around too quickly and causing the blonde to accidentally run into somebody.

"Oh my goodness, I am so sorry about that." Sophia gasped as she held her hands out in front of her, thankful that she had already finished her drink at the bar or else both her and the new unknown, yet absolutely breathtaking, woman would both wearing it. "What are you drinking? Let me get you one as an apology."

"Don't worry, that was my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going." Alexia shook her head, the kind smile on her face both reassuring and peaceful causing Sophia to feel her lips curl into a smile at the sight of her, feeling her chest get tighter the more she looked into the hazel eyes in front of her. "Please, what can I get you?"

"I have a feeling that I'm not going to win this battle so I'll have a pink gin and lemonade please." She thanked the woman, who she quickly realised was also Spanish, not expecting anything less when this was the norm of her new home, feeling a rosy blush coat her cheeks as she watched and heard the very attractive woman order their drinks. "Thank you, again, you really didn't have to do that."

"It's my pleasure, the least I could do was buy the beautiful woman at the bar a drink." Alexia was the first to hold her drink up between them, Sophia understanding the unspoken message and raised hers, the two women clinking their glasses together, the eye contact between them still being shared as they took respective sips from their drinks.

"Now how many girls have you used that line on?" Sophia raised her eyebrows, unable to help the smirk from appearing on her face.

"Only ones that look like you."

"Smooth, very smooth, I'll give you that one."

"I presume you're not from here?" Alexia furrowed her brows as she finally got a chance to properly listen to Sophia's voice, her accent throwing Alexia off completely as she tried to place it in her head.

"I moved here from Manchester for a new job." Sophia clarified, Alexia nodding before asking how she had been enjoying it. "I'm loving it so far, everything is beautiful here."

"If you ever need someone to show you around, I'm available sometimes."

"Only sometimes?" The blonde questioned playfully, crossing her arms over her chest.

"For you, I could make the time."

"I'm starting to think that maybe I'm not the first person to be hearing this." Sophia and Alexia laughed, the teacher wanting to understand how much of a chance that she potentially had with the gorgeous woman. "And I presume that you're not here on your own?"

"No, I came with my best friend for a quiet night."

"Then I'm very glad the woman over there is not your girlfriend or else I'd be in a lot of trouble right now but I can see your friend staring right over here, giving you a big thumbs up." Sophia giggled at the sight, very quickly realising that said friend was the lovely lady from the bathroom, covering her mouth in amusement as she watched the brunette next to her shake her head in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry about her, she told me to come over here to speak to you, I had no idea she'd be that obvious about it."

"Don't be, it's cute." The teacher playfully shook her head, reaching her hand out to touch the footballers forearm that was leaning against the counter of the bar, not missing the way her cheeks blushed with a red hue. "I would've been more worried if I hadn't of helped her with her hair in the bathroom earlier."

"Yeah she mentioned that. You've done a great job, I was wondering when she was actually going to sort it out."

"Glad I could help then. I'm Sophia."

"Alexia."

"I know and as much as I would love to stay here with you, I but I should be getting back to my sister before she sends out a search party. Thanks for the drink, Alexia, hopefully I'll see you around."

"When can I see you again?" Alexia was quick to call out, not wanting the blonde to get away so easily, not at least without trying to see her again, unaware of the smile that had reappeared on Sophia's face at the question.

"In your dreams, Putellas." Sophia replied, sending a wink in the footballers direction before turning back around, purposefully swaying her hips as she walked back to her little sister, who had so many questions about what she had just seen.

"What was that? Why did you let her go?" Mapi nearly shot out of her seat when she saw Alexia do nothing than watch as Sophia walked away, calling out loudly to her best friend once she was close enough to the table without having to worry about other people from overhearing.

"Mapi, I think I'm in love with her." The Barcelona midfielder sighed softly as she dropped down into the booth, feeling as though her heart was about to burst out of chest from that minor interaction with the woman she had been in awe of since arriving, thankful that she now had a name to go with a face.

"Were you just flirting with Alexia Putellas?" Was the first thing that Ella had said when Sophia sat back down, only catching a glimpse of the women's flirty conversation from the bar before the blonde had walked away, unable to tear her eyes away from the scene that had played out in front of her a couple of moments prior, jaw slack as she did so.

"If that's what it was, then I think so." Sophia shrugged, trying to hide the smile that was still yet to disappear by drinking her drink, her eyes scanning the slightly crowded room in hopes of making eye contact with Alexia, but only catching her in conversation with Mapi. "But i have a feeling that I'll be seeing her a lot more than I think."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 648 21
Leah Williamson x OC I don't claim to know anyone in this personally and therefore their character, personality and sexuality (which I am not assumi...
373K 15.8K 70
A story of Alexia Putellas visiting the Barcelona Rehab Center after her knee injury. πŸ₯‡woso πŸ₯‡alexiaputellas πŸ₯‡ barcelona πŸ₯‡ putellas πŸ₯‡ la reina...
509K 10.8K 155
This is going to be my second one shot/imagine book, so many of you wanted me to make another one after finishing my first one, so here you go:) I'll...
23.3K 756 13
i'm looking up for my star girl i guess I'm stuck in this mad, mad world [ alexia putellas x fem!oc ] [ lucy bronze / ona batlle ] devilsamore, 2023