RUN

By toxic_but_awesome

After generations of men in the Giordano family, the idea of a baby girl was a mere dream. So when their firs... More

𝔸/β„• <πŸ›
𝔸𝕖𝕀π•₯𝕙𝕖π•₯π•šπ•”π•€ 𝟘.πŸ™
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™: β„π•¦π•Ÿπ•Ÿπ•šπ•Ÿπ•˜
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚: π”Ύπ•–π•Ÿπ•šπ•¦π•€π•–π•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›: 𝕃𝕒𝕨π•ͺ𝕖𝕣
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟜: β„™π•¦π•Ÿπ•”π•™
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟝: π”½π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜π•–π•£π•‘π•£π•šπ•Ÿπ•₯𝕀
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟞: 𝔾𝕣𝕒π•ͺ
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟟: π•ƒπ•šπ•₯π•₯𝕝𝕖 π•˜π•šπ•£π•
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟠: π•Œπ•π•₯π•šπ•žπ•’π•₯π•¦π•ž
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟑: π”Ήπ•¦π•£π•˜π•–π•£π•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸ˜: β„‚π•šπ•Ÿπ••π•–π•£π•–π•π•π•’
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸ™: 𝕋𝕨𝕠 𝕠𝕑π•₯π•šπ• π•Ÿπ•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸš: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕀π•₯
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸ›: 𝔻𝕖𝕖𝕣
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸœ: π”Όπ•Ÿπ•›π• π•ͺπ•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸ: ℂ𝕣𝕒𝕫π•ͺ
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸž: π”Ήπ• π•Ÿπ••π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸŸ: 𝔸 π•¨π•–π•’π•œ π•π•šπ•Ÿπ•œ
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸ : 𝔽𝕝π•ͺ 𝕠𝕣 π••π•šπ•–
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ™πŸ‘: β„π•¦π•žπ•’π•Ÿ 𝕣𝕖𝕀𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟘: ℍ𝕠π•₯ π••π• π•˜
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸšπŸ™: 𝔻𝕒𝕕'𝕀 𝕨𝕒π•₯𝕔𝕙
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟚: β„™π•šπ•˜
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸšπŸ›: 𝔹𝕖𝕀π•₯ π•—π•£π•šπ•–π•Ÿπ••π•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟜: 𝕋𝕠𝕠 π•™π•šπ•˜π•™
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟝: β„‚π•’π•§π•–π•žπ•–π•Ÿ
𝔸𝕖𝕀π•₯𝕙𝕖π•₯π•šπ•”π•€ 𝟘.𝟚
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟞: π•Šπ•¦π•Ÿπ•˜π•π•’π•€π•€π•–π•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟟: 𝔹𝕖𝕀π•₯ π•“π•–π•™π•’π•§π•šπ• π•£
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟠: 𝔹𝕒𝕕𝕒𝕀𝕀
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟑: 𝔹𝕖π•₯π•¨π•–π•–π•Ÿ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸ˜: 𝔹𝕠
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸ™: β„‚π• π•žπ•—π• π•£π•₯𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸš: β„‚π• π•Ÿπ•₯𝕣𝕠𝕝
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸœ: π•Šπ• π•žπ•–π•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ 𝕀π•₯π•¦π•‘π•šπ••
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸ: π”»π•£π•¦π•Ÿπ•œ π•’π•Ÿπ•• 𝕀𝕒𝕕
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸž: π•Šπ•₯𝕒𝕣 π•Žπ•’π•£π•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸŸ: π”½π•–π•–π•π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ π•π•šπ•œπ•– 𝕕𝕖𝕒π•₯𝕙
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸ : π”½π•£π• π•ž π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕀π•₯𝕒𝕣π•₯
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸ‘: ℍ𝕒π•₯𝕖
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟘: π•Šπ• π•—π•₯ π•œπ•Ÿπ•¦π•”π•œπ•π•–π•€
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸœπŸ™: β„™π•£π•šπ•Ÿπ•”π•– π•”π•™π•’π•£π•žπ•šπ•Ÿπ•˜
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟚: π•Œπ•Ÿ-π•˜π•šπ•’π•Ÿπ•₯ 𝕒𝕀𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕖
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸœπŸ›: π•‹π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•œ
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟜: β„‚π•™π•šπ•–π•—
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟝: π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•€π•šπ•žπ•‘π•π•– π•₯𝕣𝕦π•₯𝕙
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟞: π”½π•šπ•Ÿπ•–

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯𝕖𝕣 πŸ›πŸ›: 𝕀𝕔𝕖 π•”π•£π•–π•’π•ž

8.1K 259 92
By toxic_but_awesome

"Pass me the ice cream." I mumbled, pulling the wool blanket closer to my face.

My entire body is being covered by every blanket I could find on Ares' bed, while my hands are poking from the sides.
I feel like a human taco, and I love it.

"But you've already eaten a whole cookie dough tub-" Theo looks up from the blue bean bag he's sitting on, but one murderous glare is enough to shut him up.

"Here." Ares bends down from his position on the bed next to me, passing me blindly one of the many ice cream tubs on the floor.

I take it wordlessly and snap the top open, not missing the concern on his face.

"You can eat as many ice creams as you want," he begins carefully, moving closer to me so our shoulders are touching.

His eyes dart between mine, probably seeing how red they are. "But you don't even like mint chocolate chip."

I look down with furrowed eyebrows at the spoon I'm holding, only to throw it back to the tub after I realized he's right. "It's just don't fit together."

Chocolate? Mint? Zero connection.
Any human being with a brain could see it, which is why it's Theo's favorite.

He struggled to rise from his seat, but when he finally managed, he snatched the ice cream from my hand and narrowed his eyes at me. "This is amazing, shut up."

I groaned and collapsed into the bed, burying my face inside Ares' soft pillows.

"I want to die."

I've been here for about an hour. The moment they opened the door, I raced straight to Ares' room.
He's a clean freak, so his bed is always so nice and comfortable.

Unlike Theo, who sleeps together with his crumbs.

I told them everything, not missing a single detail about the fight with Alessandro or my breakdown and the wound on my neck.

It felt so refreshing to get everything off my chest without fearing about being judged.

"Good thing we have Viktor then." I heard Theo chuckle, and I tried my best to wiggle out of my soft nest so I could go and kick his face.

Ares beat me to it though, and smacked a hand down on the back of his head, causing him to groan in pain. "You are as dumb as it gets."

"Why can't I just catch a break?" I whined and left the bed, leaving behind a trail of blankets on the floor.

"It's like-" I threw my hands in the air and turned to face both of them. "It's like everything I do leads so chaos!"

Ares was nodding his head at me, but I could see that he wasn't really listening.

His jaw was clenched and he looked in real, physical pain when he glanced at the mess on the floor.
A literal clean freak, I'm telling you.

"Ugh!" I groaned and picked up the blankets, throwing them right onto his face.

"I'm sorry, I'm listening!" He pried them off of him and placed them behind his back.
Theo stared at him with one eyebrow raised and a teasing smirk. "You were so not listening, Mr OCD."

Ares' eyes snapped to look at him for a moment before he brought them back to me, and I could still see the murderous glint in them. "I am listening. Carry on."

"Finally!" I rolled my eyes and groaned.
You need real mental strength in order to deal with them, but right now I definitely don't have it.
I made sure both their eyes are on me before starting to speak.

"So, of course, everything started when I got kidnapped." I chuckled humorlessly and began to pace around the room. "And then Bo's crazy ass decided to try to kill me."

I stopped abruptly in my tracks, turning to face Ares and Theo with narrowed eyes, causing them to tense immediately.

"And then when I thought everything was fine, you dickfaces decided to mess with Keyla!"

Ares pursed his lips and raised his hand up. "That, actually, wasn't my fault."

I gave him a blank stare, but Theo wasn't as nice. "Are you... Are you shitting me right now?"
His tone was sharp, and his mouth was slightly open.

Before Ares could respond, I did. "Stop interrupting! One more word from the two of you and I'll be feeding your fingers to the rats."

I mean, they can kill each other for all I care, but later.
Not now! Not when it's my time to be pissed off.

I straightened myself and looked them in the eyes, daring them to speak.
Luckily for them, they didn't.

"After that, obviously my secret brothers had to step into the picture and bring me here, where another crazy ass man is apparently wanting me dead!" My words came out harsh, finding it hard to think about my brothers after what happened.

I get that they were worried, but Alessandro took it way too far, and no one said anything.

Well, Riccardo did call him an asshole.

"Yeah, I really don't like this whole Viktor thing." Theo commented, pointing his spoon at my direction. "I don't want you to die."

"Yeah, me too!" I gestured my hand towards him, happy someone gets my point. "Which leads me to my next question. What the fuck do I do?"

There was silence for a few moments, the three of us deep in thoughts.

"Oh! What if-" Theo exclaimed, but his wide smile died in a second and he leaned back on the bean bag in defeat. "No, there's no way we can get a cannon fast enough."

"What?" I blinked, staring at him with a frown. Then I thought better of it. "You know what? I don't want to know."

I kept moving around the room, trying to think about my options.
I can trust my brothers and their guards, but it's my life. How can I be sure they can keep me safe as they say?

They need to look after me all the time, but Viktor only needs one chance to get to me.

"I say we find him." Ares' voice makes my head snap to him. He looks angry when he opens his mouth again. "We find him, and then we kill him."

I sighed and moved past Theo to reach the window.
As I pulled the curtains to the side, I saw the two black cars that followed me here. "If the million guards my brothers have can't find him, how can we?"

Ares' shoulders slumped down, and a worried look crossed his face.
I know he feels as hopeless as I am, and it makes everything worse.
Is there really no way for us to win this one?

"Because we know people in the underworld."

We both looked at Theo with a puzzled look. He kept nodding to himself as if he was onto something.

"Think about it!" He called and rolled over the bean bag to the ground, and then jumped to his feet.

"Your brothers are all serious and stuff, you know? Got a nice family business, nice house. Even Jace works for them, everything is so legit." he emphasized, and I could feel my brain starting to catch up.

"And you can't find a shady man like Viktor through legit ways." I whispered to myself, but he heard.

"Exactly! But we lived years among shady dudes, we can get information from them!"

I let go of the curtain and approached Theo with a huge smile on my face. "You're a genius!"

Just as he ruffled my hair, Ares spoke. "I hate to admit it, but that's actually a fucking great idea."

It really was.
After we finally left everything behind us four years ago, we had to learn how to live on our own.

It wasn't easy, especially in the bad parts of New York.
We often ended up in a lot of sketchy places, and met all kinds of people.

And I mean it, all kinds.

We did what we had to do, and that's how we started to sell drugs for a living.
Ares even used to fight in the cages, but it wasn't all bad.

Even though the people we stumbled upon were the type of people your parents tell you to stay away from, we actually managed to make some friends.

I mean, look at our charming personalities.

We knew a lot of people, and not every gang was like Keyla's.

"We can ask around, and if he really is as dangerous as we think he is, someone has to know something about him." Ares jumped off the bed, now coming to stand next to us.

"And if not," he wrapped a hand over my shoulder, making me come crushing into his chest. "We can trust your brothers' guards to deal with him."

Theo nodded eagerly, happy that we're all on the same page.

"Do any of you remember who has a place here?" He asked, and I grimaced immediately.

We moved around a lot, so knowing which part of each town belonged to what gang was a must.

Don't want to piss off someone and then stumble upon their territory, right?

I never really put much thought into the rich parts, because why would I ever need to know who's in control? It's not like I'll ever get there.

Yeah, that played out great.

What I do know is that this place is being controlled by some higher ranking group, the same one that eventually controls the other gangs we know.

I can remember hearing about how some gangs which work directly under them have some clubs or warehouses around here, but then again, I never really paid much attention to who.

I felt Ares tense around me, and when I looked up to see his face, I found him already looking at me with a clenched jaw.

"What?" I asked suspiciously, not liking the look on his face.
What does he know?

"You're not going to like it." He warned.

I looked over to Theo, only to find him looking at Ares the same way I did.
I guess I'm not the only one who wasn't paying attention.

"There's a bar around here, 'Rosa'. He used to talk about it all the time, saying how he's planning to move here and let someone else be in charge of the valley." He looked between us, hoping we'll suddenly remember and he won't have to say it.

Well, that's not going to happen.

"Who?" I furrowed my eyebrows, my stomach dropping already.
Who do we not like enough to-

"Axe."

My eyes widened to the size of a basketball, and I'm not proud of the screech that left my mouth.

"WHAT?"

Theo was looking with narrowed eyes at Ares, and he looked almost hopeful that he wasn't hearing right.
That's right, me too.

"I'm sorry, it almost sounded like you said Axe." I blinked and took a few steps back, begging with my eyes for Ares to take it back.

Andreas 'Axe' wilde.

We met Andreas when we were fifteen while being chased by some... Not very nice people.

We might have stolen a car from them, and there might have been some drugs in it.
But either way, we meant to take it for a ride and bring it back, you know how young curiosity can be.

But we faced the consequences really fast, because not even five minutes into the drive, three cars full of armed men began to follow us.

We freaked out and drove around like complete maniacs, Theo and Ares fighting for the control over the wheel while I was mentally dying in the back.

We didn't know it then, but we drove straight into Andreas' territory.
The three cars that were hot on our tail suddenly stopped chasing us, but we were too freaked out to wonder why.

But the answer came in the form of a hundred guns pointing at us the moment we existed the car.

I guess they were surprised to see three kids, because instead of killing us on sight, they brought us to their boss.

Andreas is a forty something year old man, and without a doubt, the scariest looking I've ever seen.

He stands tall at 6'1 with a dark short beard and a quiff. Every inch of his body up to his neck is covered with different tattoos, but the really terrifying thing about him is his metal arm.

His entire left arm down from his elbow, is metal.
Don't get me wrong, it functions great. I've even witnessed him choking people to death with it.

His own father chopped his hand off when he was only seventeen, and that's how he got the name 'Axe'.

Apparently, the car we accidentally drove into his territory was stolen from him a couple of days before, the drugs inside it included.

We were scared that he'll think it was us who did it, so we frantically explained everything that happened.

Luckily for us, Andreas wasn't as cruel as his father. Not at all.
He found the whole thing amusing, even insisted we stay with him and his people until we find a place to stay in.

We were so used to people trying to kill us, that when he offered to protect us, we immediately asked why.

Well, as it turned out, Andreas was willing to take us under his wing because he has a son just one year older than us.

Adam.

From the first time I laid my eyes on him, I knew I was in for a ride.
He got his father's looks, and let me tell you, my fifteen year old self couldn't resist it.

And guess what? He felt the same.

I was learning to love myself at this point, and it felt so good to catch someone's eye.

Especially someone as handsome as he.

But it's not like I was desperate, not at all.
In fact, I didn't even want anything that resembles a relationship, no matter how cute he was.

Theo, Ares and I started doing jobs for Andreas, so Adam was always around.
He was funny and friendly, and never failed to mention how I was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen.

The four of us became friends, and it was hard to ignore the mutual feelings between Adam and I.

The first time I kissed him was when he punched a guy who was trying to get into my pants at a party, even after I said no.

Maybe it was because of the drink I had, but I suddenly felt brave enough to confess my feelings.

And he looked so cute after I did. I've never seen him blush, and the light pink on his cheeks made me kiss him again.

We dated for a little more than six months, me being sixteen and him almost seventeen.

I loved him so much, and I really believed he did too.
That's why it hurt so fucking much to find him with another girl in bed.

He was drunk out of his mind, and even if I was willing to let him explain himself at that moment, he simply couldn't.

He even had the nerves to try to get me back after he sobered up, apologizing and claiming that it'll never happen again, saying how it was just one stupid mistake.

I was heartbroken, but I was mostly angry. Angry at him for making me think that I can find happiness.

Ares broke his nose the minute he found out, and Theo was so close to taking the blade and making him Axe the second.

Andreas was fucking pissed at his own son, and tried to convince us not to leave just because of his 'stupid son'.

I really grew to love Andreas over the little less than a year we spent with him.
He made me feel like the daughter he never had, and I loved every second of it.

So when Ares said 'Axe', I couldn't help but immediately think about his son.
I can't see him, because I don't trust myself around him. Not even seven months later.

It'll either end up with me crying, or me punching him in the face.

"Hey, there's still a chance that Axe is there on his own." Ares suggested and squeezed my arm lightly, but even he doesn't look like he believes that.

Andreas came here but left his son behind? Very unlikely.

"I guess we'll have to hope he just won't be there when we are." I smiled tightly, trying to think about the bright side.

We can actually get useful information from Andreas, and that's what really matters. Not Adam's infuriating, pretty ass.

"We? Oh, oh No. No, no, no." Theo mused while scoffing. "He needs to hope. Because if I see his face..."

He clenched his fists and began throwing them in the air, making my smile turn genuine. "Come on, we have to find the address of that bar."

°°°

My phone won't stop ringing.

It honestly annoys we so much, and I don't even have to look at it to know who's calling.

"Your brother called me earlier." Jace said the moment I left Ares' room to get some water.

"Yeah?" I shot him an angry look, and he nodded from the couch.
He was working on his computer, not even glancing at me.

"Said you're ignoring him."

I scoffed and took a glass out of the cabinet. "Tell Alessandro he can go fuck himself."

Jace looked taken aback, choking on thin air.
What's wrong with him?

"Can't say that to him, he's my boss." He said once he regained his ability to breath.

I rolled my eyes and placed the glass under the sink, letting the water fill it.
"I don't know how you deal with him, the guy clearly has some unsolved problems."

"He's just worried about you, you've been here since morning." he leaned his arm on the back of the couch, looking at me with his 'I know everything' look.

"I can take care of myself just fine. He doesn't need to worry, okay? I'm not his responsibility." I said harshly, holding the glass tightly in my hand.

"You're his sister, of course you are." He placed the laptop on the couch before getting to his feet.

"I wasn't a month ago."

We don't need to pretend that we made some connection over this month.
Sure, I like being around them and it was really nice finding out I wasn't abandoned and that they were looking for me, but that doesn't make up for years of being apart, nor does it make us a family.

"You need to seriously let go of those trust issues, and try to open your mind to the possibility of them caring about you." He placed two hands on my shoulders, making me look up at him.

"I don't have trust issues." My voice came out too high as I defended myself.
He gave me a blank stare.

"Okay, maybe I do."

"I know those guys, okay?" He smiled gently. "They won't do anything to hurt you. Believe me." he adds after I open my mouth.

I bit the inside of my cheek while looking at him.
Maybe I do let my trust issues too much space.

Alessandro and I have to set up boundaries, but how can I do it when I feel like they're going to hurt me as soon as they can?

Jace said they won't.
Even if I don't fully trust them yet, I trust him.

And even though I completely flipped at him, Alessandro is still worried about me.

"I'll try." I mumbled, and his smile widened.

"Atta girl."

"Olive!" Theo's muffled yells reached my ears. "He's trying to fucking kill me!"

Both Jace and I let out a chuckle.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back, not before drinking the remaining water in my glass.

I bumped Jace's shoulder playfully and ran up the stairs. "Why are you always trying to kill- What the hell, Ares?!"

I stared frozen at the sight in front of me.
Ares was pressing a black tie around Theo's neck, who was kicking the air.

His fingers were trying to separate the tie from his skin, and his face was a concerning shade of red.

"The son of a bitch purposely spilled his ice cream on my pillows!" Ares gritted out, applying even more pressure.

I snapped out of it and quickly jumped on his back, trying to push him back and loose his hold on the tie.

It worked, and while we came crashing down the bed, Theo rolled over the floor, gasping for air.

"Ew." I whined once my hand touched something wet.
His entire bed was covered in ice cream, and because it's been out of the fridge for a few hours, it melted completely.

"You see?" Ares shouted over the sounds of Theo's coughs. He rolled off me, accidentally making some vanilla ice cream to get into his hair.

"Not a reason to kill me!" Theo yelled after collapsing on the floor. "Toxic masculinity at its finest, God." he coughed.

Ares launched forward, and I had to use every bit of strength in me to stop him.

"Why did you even do it? Fucking gross." I asked Theo, tightening my hold over Ares.

"I didn't-" He raised his head to look at us, but when he saw our expressions he cut himself off.

"I just like seeing him freaking out over over a mess, Okay? Sue me. It's fucking funny."

Ares sneered and got off the bed, no matter how hard I tried to hold him back.
Theo scrumbled to his feet and backed off, looking both smug and petrified.

"It's not funny when it can get you killed!" I jumped over Ares' back again, pulling him away from Theo.

"He won't kill me." he smiled teasingly and leaned forward against the back of Ares' spinning chair. "He loves me too much."

"You're making it really hard to keep him off you!" I gritted out while trying my best to knock Ares down to the bean bag.
The bed is full of ice cream, like hell I'll touch it again.

"Give up and let me show him how much my fist loves his face." he muttered under my grip, but with one strong pull of his curls, we both fell onto the bean bag.

"You're squashing me." I kicked him off me and rubbed my shoulder Ares completely crushed.

"I'm a big, strong guy, deal with it." He smirked, petting his arm biceps.

Theo rolled his eyes and pinched the back of Ares' neck. "Olive defeated you quite easily for a strong guy."

"You're just jealous I look better than you." Ares yawned and stretched out his arms.
I guess fighting non stop with your best friend tires you, who would have thought?

My eyes flickered over to Theo, only to find him silently mimicking Ares.
I stiffled a laugh and decided it's time to deal with the real things. "When are we planning to leave?"

It's already eight PM, and the excitement of finding out things about Viktor is making me jumpy.
Plus, I've been planning on getting drunk since I left my house this morning.

"I think in like, thirty minutes?" Theo glanced at the watch on his hand. "We can tell Jace we're going to a park or something."

I looked down and sighed. I don't like lying to Jace, but he will never let us go if we tell him the truth.
And besides, he'll call Alessandro immediately.

I can't have him doing that! Especially when we're planning to ditch the guards.

Yeah, I know.
It sounds really stupid and you know what? Maybe it is.
But I can't have my brothers showing up and ruining our mission.

"Alright." I nodded and looked up at them.
Ares and Theo were always my partners in crime.
There's no one I trust more than them.

Getting information and getting drunk?
Sounds like our old days.
"Good thing I brought some nice clothes."

Chapter 33!

Another get-to-know-the-past chapter, and boy, will the next ones will be dramatic.

The photo in the top of this chapter is how I imagine Andreas, so it's on you to decide what his son looks like.

Adam, Adam, Adam.

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts, you really make me laugh a lot.

See you next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9M 174K 101
Carlotta Angela Vasiliev is a 17 year old girl living with her adoptive Russian mafia family of 4 brothers and father. Ever since she was a child, sh...
1.6M 33.4K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
22.9K 1K 37
Romina Windstor, daughter of two of the most ruthless Italian assassins, reunited with childhood boy next door crush Joseph Giordano. The once nerdy...