Mean Streak (BoyxBoy Werewolf...

By LeonardoMontero531

Beck is on the run. After being nearly killed by his homophobic father, his mother flees their pack and take... More

Chapter 1: Survivor
Chapter 2: Sweet but psycho
Chapter 3: Harder to Breathe
Chapter 4: I Don't Wanna Fight
Chapter 5: Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?
Chapter 6: Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing
Chapter 7: Already Gone
Chapter 8: Kings & Queens
Chapter 9: Advice For The Young At Heart
Chapter 10: Boss B*tch
Chapter 11: Dead Man Walking
Chapter 12: Waiting For Tonight
Chapter 13: I'm in Love with a MONSTER
Chapter 14: Creep
Chapter 15: Layla
Chapter 16: Wanted
Chapter 17: Hold It Against Me
Chapter 18: Cold Water
Chapter 19: Mystery of Love
Chapter 20: Don't Rain On My Parade
Chapter 21: Eye Of The Tiger
Chapter 22: Can't take my eyes off you
Chapter 23: Man In The Mirror
Chapter 24: About Damn Time
Chapter 25: Crush
Chapter 26: Boyfriend
Chapter 27: Footloose
Chapter 28: Shout
Chapter 29: Landslide
Chapter 30: Only You
Chapter 31: Tainted Love
Chapter 32: Live to Tell
Chapter 33: Last Dance
Chapter 34: Open Your Heart
Chapter 35: Really Don't Care
Chapter 36: The Final Countdown
Chapter 37: I'll Stand by You
Chapter 38: Dancing On My Own
Chapter 39: Lonely Ones
Chapter 40: If We Were
Chapter 41: Keep on Loving You
Chapter 42: Quiero verte sonreir
Chapter 43: Ain't No Other Man
Chapter 44: All Night Long
Chapter 45: Why
Chapter 46: Hold Me in Your Arms
Chapter 47: Spirit | Domino
Chapter 48: Run the World (Girls)
Chapter 49: The Heat Is On
Chapter 50: Can I Be Him
Chapter 51: King
Chapter 52: Beautiful Soul
Chapter 53: Wild | Hallucinate
Chapter 54: My Life Would Suck Without You
Chapter 55: Do I Have To Cry For You
Chapter 56: Leave Your Lover
Chapter 58: Father
Chapter 59: You Found Me
Chapter 60: Mercy
Chapter 61: Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
Chapter 62: Tension
Chapter 63: What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted
Chapter 64: I'm Your Baby Tonight
Chapter 65: Maybe I'm Amazed
Chapter 66: It Had To Be You
Chapter 67: Killing Me Softly
Chapter 68: Savage
Chapter 69: Come Together
Chapter 70: How You Like Me Now?
Chapter 71: The House That Built Me
Chapter 72: Fight
Chapter 73: Home
Chapter 74: No One
Chapter 75: Greedy
Chapter 76: 1+1
Chapter 77: I'll be there for you
Chapter 78: Hey Jude
Chapter 79: Yellow
Chapter 80: So Sick
Chapter 81: Enigma
Chapter 82: Love Story
Chapter 83: Home
Chapter 84: Respect
Chapter 85: Take Care Of Yourself
Chapter 86: Humble and Kind
Chapter 87: Tears In Heaven
Chapter 88: Do You Remember
Chapter 89: If You're Not Here
Chapter 90: Lay Me Down | Rise
Chapter 91: (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
Chapter 92: Juice | Jeans
Chapter 93: When a Man Loves a Woman
Chapter 94: Human Nature
Chapter 95: Zombie
Chapter 96: Music of My Heart
Chapter 97: Light My Candle
Chapter 98: Larger Than Life
Chapter 99: Never Can Say Goodbye
Chapter 100: We Are The Champions [EPILOGUE]
Bonus Chapter: The Best Of Both Worlds

Chapter 57: Don't Let Go (Love)

623 38 12
By LeonardoMontero531

Beck

The bill always comes.

Have you ever gone to the supermarket and found a promoter giving out free samples of food in the form of snacks?

When I was a child, I loved going to the supermarket with my mom not only to persuade her to buy what I wanted or needed, but whenever I found people giving away free stuff they'd love to feed me as a child.

More often than not, the food was delicious and I wanted mom to buy whatever it was for us, for me. When you're a child, you don't stop to consider who's footing the bill for these types of professionals to stand in the middle of the market smiling and offering people free samples.

It's not until much later that I learned that industries did that so that consumers would taste their products and buy it. It's smart and direct to consumer marketing. And very efficient.

When my mom moved us to Ruckerford Falls, I knew our room and board weren't going to be free. Nothing ever is. If she doesn't pay the bill, someone else would have to and I wouldn't hold my breath on my father coming up with any money for us, though he obviously should.

The point I'm trying to make here is nothing ever comes for free. If not you, someone else is paying for it. But the bill always comes. Like death and taxes.

Since Saturday, I have been caring for my second mate as he's recuperating from appendicitis. I was so scared to learn his life was in danger that I couldn't step away from his side for long.

I'm deathly afraid for his life. I know the surgery went well and now he's recuperating with full wolf healing, but my brain is still in 'mate danger' mode. I can't seem to want to be apart from Quentin.

I didn't ask to be mated to two boys, but the point is moot now. He's my mate too, whether I want it or not. And I never felt pain as much as I did when his appendix burst last Friday.

He and I have been inseparable for a few days now and it's going well so far.

Except for my other mate, of course.

Jude has been feeling the separation as if a limb had been severed from his body.

I wish I was exaggerating for effect, but he's been pouty, bratty, moody and incredibly sad.

I feel everything he feels. It breaks my heart to leave him this way, but I can't turn away from Quentin right now. He needs me.

After we spent Wednesday morning helping Luna with the cooking, Quentin and I sat on the couch in the living room for a minute to rest before lunch.

It was good fun to watch my mate helping his mother to prepare Thanksgiving dinner. I was yet to see the softer side of Quentin Atwood and I loved it.

"You've been quite busy this morning. Are you feeling alright?" - I checked in with him, worriedly.

"I'm great. The surgery stitches are itching, but other than that..." - He replied, lowering the waistband of his pants to scratch it. I grabbed his hand to stop him from scratching that area and risk it getting worse.

Quentin did not appreciate my help and forced both our hands towards the area in an arm wrestle neither of us were prepared to lose.

"Let go of your hand. You're not scratching that itch!" - I yelled at him, still keeping his hand from going down forcibly.

"You let go of my hand! It's itching like crazy! I need to scratch it!" - He shouted at me, as if I was acting like a deranged person by not wanting him to hurt himself.

"No, I won't. Please Quentin, let go!" - I pleaded with him.

"As your Alpha, I command you to drop my hand!" - He ordered me with glowing eyes.

Oh you wanna play it like that, huh bitch?

Not only did I NOT release his hand, I used my other hand to grab his neck in a tight grip.

"That doesn't work on me, you stupid fuck! Are you dense? If you wanna scratch your stitches so they open, be my guest! I'm done with you now!" - I growled at him, impossibly mad. My eyes are really glowing as if I was discovering a[nother] mate.

I let go of both his hand and neck, motioning to leave him alone.

"I'm sorry, Beck. I was being stupid, please don't leave me!" - He got up from the couch to try to persuade me. In the meantime, I mind linked Jude to take me home. Judging by my tone, I meant that right away.

Mrs. Atwood left the kitchen to apologize for her son's behavior. She might not have seen what happened, but she can hear just fine inside the kitchen. Jude walked downstairs in a hurry, looking worried for me.

"I can sense your anger. What happened?" - He approached me, looking concerned.

"I don't wanna talk about it. Let's go! NOW!" - I said in a raised tone, waving goodbye to Luna Atwood.

"Please don't go, mate. I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it like that!" - Quentin was mortified by his own behavior, looking remorseful.

"Words have power, Mr. Atwood. As a white man in a position of authority, you should know that by now. The only reason why I'm coming back here tomorrow is out of respect for your parents and my mate. See you then!" - I declared, fuming.

Jude glared at his brother for whatever he did to me as I walked out of the house in a haste. Meanwhile, Mrs. Atwood was looking at her son, severely disappointed in him.

I got into Jude's car, taking several inhales of his scent to calm down.

It's not that he tried to use his privilege to get me to do something nefarious, but I take issue with people trying to force my hand, pun intended. I was genuinely coming from a concerned place. I want him to be healed completely.

But him trying to use his Alpha command on me, his own mate, that's something not even my father would've done. And that's saying something... *deep sigh*

Jude drove his car to the pack house asking me what was wrong, what did his brother do. After some time, I told him he tried to use his Alpha command on me. Of course, I explained the circumstances quickly so he wouldn't think anything below the belt.

But I was furious. The audacity of him. Come on!

When we entered my bedroom, I removed Jude's shirt - asking first, of course - and we laid by each other's side on the bed. Being close to my mate is my state of bliss, no matter what happens.

Soon it was time for lunch in the pack house and he'd have to return home since his mother was already preparing lunch for all of us, assuming I was gonna stay.

Some time later, I tried to call my mom because I still don't know where she went or for how long she was planning to stay. The call went straight to voicemail and I'm starting to get worried for her.

Kingsley told me via text message that his mother, my mom's cousin, didn't seem to know where she went either. This is so strange. But my best guess is that one of her family members has fallen ill and she had to rush back to the reservation to see them.

It's the only explanation that makes sense. I wonder if she'll be able to return in time for Thanksgiving dinner at the Alpha residence. I'd hate to attend it alone among all the Atwoods, not that they have been anything other than welcoming to me.

In the evening, much more calm after my trifle with my second mate, I was having a quiet night in with Jude when there was a knock on my bedroom door. At first, I thought it was my mother to tell me of her arrival. I rushed to open the door, only to find Quentin standing there.

The look of disappointment on my face could not have been clearer.

"Oh, it's you. What are you doing here? Did you come to command me to scratch your back?" - I snapped at him, beyond disappointed and annoyed.

I walked back inside my room where Jude was lying on my bed, looking intrigued about the surprise visit. But he looked more peeved than curious.

"No, mate. I came to apologize for my behavior. I swear, I didn't mean to rob you of your consent. I was really itchy and it was the first thing I thought of." - He explained himself, looking at me with dreadful remorse.

"Great, you apologized. You can go back to your house now." - I dismissed him, looking bored.

"Please, I really mean it. I'm so sorry, I know you were looking out for me. I feel so bad, can you please forgive me? We were doing so well together." - He argued, looking like a puppy who lost its owner.

"We were never together. You are my mate and I was worried about your health, but make no mistake: we are NOT together. The only person I want by my side is right here with me. Now can you please leave me the fuck alone! I want to rest for the night!" - I snarled at him, angrily.

Quentin was taken aback by my words. It actually hurt him to hear them and he left tearing up. I don't feel good about this. I don't like mistreating people or think myself superior by any means.

But I'm really mad. Had he slapped me it would've felt less bad.

I know once upon a time Jude did something similar to Jalensky, but the situations are completely different. He only aimed to stop him for using derogatory words against LGBT people. Now that I think about it, he should never have called Jude anything since he was sleeping with him.

In any case, they aren't mates.This is unforgivable, even if he didn't mean anything bad towards me. I mean, anything that would actually rob me of my power of consent.

I closed the door and returned to my bed. Feeling how uneasy I was, Jude spent a long time comforting me with his loving embrace and soothing tone. We drift off to sleep as I laid my head on his chest.

On Thursday, I woke up refreshed and ready for what the day reserved me.

Unfortunately, my mom hasn't arrived just yet so she wasn't in the guest dining hall when I came in to have breakfast. I still hope to see her tonight though. I know she would never miss this occasion save from a real emergency.

Since I had some time off, I stopped by Alpha Atwood's office to find out if he knew anything about my mom's trip. Unfortunately, I was met with a closed door. He is off today on account of the holiday.

I could mind link him, but I'd rather ask this in person. It's not an emergency that would require me to disturb him. Plus, who knows if he is aware of my mother's departure. He's not her boss and she's on break from work.

Jude kept me company along the day. I know how much he missed me after the time I spent "away" with his brother, so he's not wasting any minute. Soon, he will return to school and training, so there's no day but today.

I'm loving not having to go to school in the morning. I know, right? I can't wait for the winter break...

It's late in the afternoon.

I'm bathed, clothed, perfumed and ready to go celebrate this [white people] holiday. Jude looks excited at the prospect of our first official holiday as mates and he's looking gorgeous with the clothes he brought in to change into here in my bedroom.

We start walking out and the first thing I do is to check on my mom's room. She's still not here and I'm starting to get worried. This is uncharacteristic of her. The mortal silence on her part is causing me concern.

At first, I thought nothing much. She knew I was staying over at the Atwoods, so she saw a window and took advantage of it. But now that she hasn't returned yet, I'm really worried about her disappearance.

If I don't hear from here until tomorrow, I'll be forced to take other measures.

I get in Jude's car and soon enough we're parking inside the three car garage of the Alpha residence. Jude looked proud of me, of us, but he shared in the worry for my mom's absence. He knows this is a big deal, especially considering she was invited to come here tonight as well.

I bow my head to the Alpha, greet Luna and Quentin, who welcome me with pleased smiles. Though my other mate looked more apprehensive at my sight. Considering what happened between us, I can understand that.

Goddess knows I'm only here out of consideration for the other Atwoods.

"Alpha, can I ask you a question?" - I approached the imposing looking man as we all sipped a beverage before dinner, spread out in the living room. I mean, both my mates sat by each of my sides on the couch while their parents were sitting across from us.

"Of course, Kuckunniwi. Shoot." - The man quickly replied, surprised by this.

"Do you know anything about my mother's trip or when she'll be back?" - I inquired, clearly feeling disturbed by her absence.

The Alpha glanced at his mate next to him then back at me. By this reaction alone, I'm sure he knows something.

"I do know, yeah. Your mother spoke to me before she left Ruckerford Falls. I was hoping she'd have returned by now to tell you about it herself, but it appears that your father has fallen ill." - He replied with some dread in his tone.

"What?" - I gasped in shock.

The prestigious couple looked at me with pity as the man imparted his knowledge to me.

"As you know, mated couples aren't supposed to be apart from each other for long periods of time. So, your mother received a call from someone in the reservation saying that her mate was bedstricken with some mysterious illness." - He informed me as my mouth refused to close.

I'm beyond shocked by this.

"Oh my Goddess!" - I exclaimed, not expecting this. Jude held my hand in a comforting gesture.

"Why didn't she tell me anything?" - I'm gobsmacked by this news.

"Because she knew you had your hands full with my son's recovery from surgery, she didn't want to burden you." - He replied, glancing at Quentin who blushed.

"No wonder I haven't heard from her in days! I hope everything turned out to be okay and my father is well." - I said, feeling bad about the whole thing. Despite what he's done to me, he is still my father and I don't want him to be unwell.

"I'm sure he's on the mend with his mate there to comfort him." - He spoke, trying to cheer me up.

Jude squeezed my hand as this is all overwhelming me right now. I can only hope my mother is doing good and her mate recuperates with her presence. Being mated myself, I can empathize with the situation.

We really are not meant to be apart from one's mate. At least, not the one I'm bound to in my case. Though the other one is equally as apprehensive by this as his brother.

"I'm so sorry, Beck. I apologize for my part in this." - Quentin tried to plead 'mea culpa'.

"It wasn't your fault, Quentin. You didn't ask for my presence here, I volunteered. And I don't regret it." - I told him in a fierce tone.

His parents were pleased by me saying this, not letting him feel guilty and I do mean it. I don't regret it in any way.

"If there's anything we can do for you, mate, just ask. I'm here for you." - Jude spoke with empathy. I'm smitten by him.

We finished our juices and Mrs. Atwood was about to ask us to adjourn to the kitchen for dinner.

But as she started speaking, the doorbell rang. The Alpha couple glanced at each other before he motioned to open the door.

"Maybe my mom made it back in time for dinner." - I conjectured in a hopeful tone.

All of us were glued to the front door, waiting to see who it was at this hour. Quelle surprise.

It was my mom standing by the door with an awkward smile. And my dad by her side, eyes immediately staring at me.

A wave of panic washed my whole body. Jude held my hand to make it known he had my back. I'm so scared right now.

I'm just glad I'm near my mate because this promises to be a bumpy night.

A|N: BOOM!

Next is - what else? - "Father".

Love,

Léo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 10.2K 29
BOOK 1. SECRETS OF THE BAY. Saint Drake was happy, he was poor, begged for food and clothes, but he was happy, even though the wolves who were part o...
25.3K 778 17
In a world where demons and other supernatural roam the earth, Finding love can be difficult for some. But luckily, werewolves have soulmate's. That...
125K 220 1
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...
116K 4.9K 55
Felix and Daphne Ford are 17 years old twins who are forced to move to a small town, after their father gets a new job as the police chief. Daniel Hu...